• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Drifters ooc

"Mimicry: D
Allows Rider to transform into various of objects. Transformation into other organisms or beings that exceeds the amount of mass of Rider cannot be done. Presence is concealed whenever transformed as another object. Doesn't take much time to switch back. "

There's no mass limit on objects. However for organisms and beings, she can't transform into something that exceeds her mass. So she CAN transform into a Tiger II Tank, but she can't transform into an elephant. But she can transform into a cat or some random kid.

Gotta read what's written.

Or means either or...it links two alternatives, I think.

"Transformation into other organisms or beings that exceeds the amount of mass of Rider cannot be done." THOSE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!

Yes, I'm not sure what's difficult here. An organism or being that exceeds her mass is something she CAN'T transform into. An organism or being that is her mass or less is something she CAN transform into. It's really straight forward.

She CAN transform into any random 7 year old.

She can NOT transform into Hulk Hogan.

She CAN transform into a cat.

She can NOT transform into a lion.

Yes, I'm not sure what's difficult here. An organism or being that exceeds her mass is something she CAN'T transform into. An organism or being that is her mass or less is something she CAN transform into. It's really straight forward.

She CAN NOT transform into Hulk Hogan.

He's arguing wording not intention.

She can NOT transform into Hulk Hogan.

I give up. You're just stupid.

I give up. You're just stupid.

Let's refrain from name-calling =P

Allows Rider to transform into various of objects. Transformation into other organisms, otherwise known as beings that exceeds the amount of mass of Rider, cannot be done.

This would make more sense, I guess. I'll allow the change, since I've allowed others to make minor edits as well. Though there are limits.

Let's refrain from name-calling =P

This would make more sense, I guess. I'll allow the change, since I've allowed others to make minor edits as well. Though there are limits.
"Beings", when used in such a context, refers to people. The way it's currently written is essentially saying "she can transform into any object or living creature, including other humans" But for humans, and animals and the like she's restricted by mass limitations.

With abilities like this I take them at face value, what's written is what's done. When you start trying to interpret things you end up with a subjective viewing that can differ from person to person.

Dang, you guys are still going strong! So, class is finally out, so I was wondering if I could jump back in somehow? Never had a Fate rp this consistent and with constant chatter.

So am I. I even copy-pasted the ability. This is the literal interpretation of the words written.

Haha, I'm reading the same way wdinatx does =P

"Beings", when used in such a context, refers to people. The way it's currently written is essentially saying "she can transform into any object or living creature, including other humans" But for humans, and animals and the like she's restricted by mass limitations.

With abilities like this I take them at face value, what's written is what's done. When you start trying to interpret things you end up with a subjective viewing that can differ from person to person.

Mm, yes. I see the second part. It's just some lines sounding contradictory is all.

Haha, I'm reading the same way wdinatx does =P

Mm, yes. I see the second part. It's just some lines sounding contradictory is all.

None of it's contradictory.

Allows Rider to transform into various of objects. Transformation into other organisms or beings that exceeds the amount of mass of Rider cannot be done. Presence is concealed whenever transformed as another object. Doesn't take much time to switch back. "

Allows rider to transform into various objects, ok, straight forward.

Transformation into other organisms or beings that have a mass greater than rider can't be done, again straight forward.

Presence is concealed while transformed, super straight forward.

Can transform really quickly, straight forward.

At no point does it contradict itself. The closest you could get is wondering if the mass limitation applies to inorganic things, since it's never specified. But then when something is specified for one and not the other, it means it doesn't apply. So strictly going off what's written, she can transform into ANY object, no matter it's mass or size, but for living creatures she's limited.

You guys are just reading too much into it instead of taking it at face value, so you're finding confusion where there shouldn't be any.

Organisms does not equal beings that have greater mass than rider.

The two are independent.

What?

"Transformation into other organisms or beings that exceeds the amount of mass of Rider cannot be done "

Literally just says that she can't transform into living things that are bigger than her. How you figuring there's two, or they're independent, or whatever? Like I said, you guys are over-analyzing it and confusing yourselves because that statement you just made makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Like I said, it's just wording. I understand the intention of the overall skill.

But, there's nothing wrong with the wording. That's what the word 'or' means, it works correctly there. You could argue that, technically, beings (people) are organisms and thus it's redundant. But you could also argue that it's specifying it's not limited to just animals or people, it's both.

Transformation into organisms (plants, animals) that exceed her mass can not be done.

Transformation into beings (people) that exceed her mass can not be done. Since she can't transform into two things at the same time this can be summed up with "transformation into organisms or people that exceed her mass can't be done".

I am still confused at what you guys are even confused about, as this is a super simple and straight forward ability.

Ok, I'm back after cooling off.
If it’s definition one we're right, if it's definition two you're right. It's literally worded so it could be either one.
Also CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse could be Nicholes if LostHaven LostHaven is ok with it.

But, there's nothing wrong with the wording. That's what the word 'or' means, it works correctly there. You could argue that, technically, beings (people) are organisms and thus it's redundant. But you could also argue that it's specifying it's not limited to just animals or people, it's both.

Transformation into organisms (plants, animals) that exceed her mass can not be done.

Transformation into beings (people) that exceed her mass can not be done. Since she can't transform into two things at the same time this can be summed up with "transformation into organisms or people that exceed her mass can't be done".

I am still confused at what you guys are even confused about, as this is a super simple and straight forward ability.

Or can be used to link alternatives.

Or can also be used as 'otherwise' with commas.

Lol, I'm not even arguing ability with you. Just the English language as I understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back