• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Drifters ooc

Lots of barely-a-mage-mages in this RP I see

Saber of Light's master is pretty good. Same with Saber of Dark. Lancer's is...average, but unique.

Matous...have pretty shitty magic circuits if I recall, but I forget how strong Caster's master is =P

Also take into account the characteristics of the Rider class. Not all Riders have a mount. I'll shut myself up here.

Late, but just to chime in Riders always have mounts. In fact it's a requirement to be in the class. How big of a role said mount plays can change, but they still have one. If you don't have a mount you're not rider rofl. I can't even think of a single rider that didn't have a mount. Medusa had one, Iskander, Astolfo, Achilles, True Rider from SF also had a mount, fake rider's... weird. So yeah, Rider's gotta have a mount.

Late, but just to chime in Riders always have mounts. In fact it's a requirement to be in the class. How big of a role said mount plays can change, but they still have one. If you don't have a mount you're not rider rofl. I can't even think of a single rider that didn't have a mount. Medusa had one, Iskander, Astolfo, Achilles, True Rider from SF also had a mount, fake rider's... weird. So yeah, Rider's gotta have a mount.

...If this is the case, I've been lied to.

It is the case. The mount is the defining feature of the rider class. That's why they are called riders.
Riders can also be legendary animals.

It is the case. The mount is the defining feature of the rider class. That's why they are called riders.

The lack of a mount was one of the reasons I didn't consider the current Dark Rider to be a better contender for the role than my npc...but then I saw wiki and my knowledge of Fate lore's not all that great...plus I'm too nice for my own good.

Take away the mount and they'd be summoned as Lancer or Saber.

Which are their mounts. Medusa had Pegasus as her mount. But it was still her mount.

Edit: Oh, can BE legendary animals. I misread that. There's never been an animal summoned as a servant so I don't know how that works.

Does Red hare have a mount?

Does Red hare have a mount?

I just patently ignore everything FGO in FSN RP's because FGO ignores every single rule laid out by every other form of Fate media. It's an alternate reality with it's own system and it's own rules. In every normal, proper Fate story that abides by standard Grail War rules animals have never been summoned as servants, so I can't say one way or the other how it works.

I just patently ignore everything FGO in FSN RP's because FGO ignores every single rule laid out by every other form of Fate media. It's an alternate reality with it's own system and it's own rules. In every normal, proper Fate story that abides by standard Grail War rules animals have never been summoned as servants, so I can't say one way or the other how it works.

It's Jack's fault.

The caretakers did something.

The replica grail is screwy.

*starts listing a bunch of excuses before I pull Bandit's 'anything's fine because it's magic' card* <.<

It's Jack's fault.

The caretakers did something.

The replica grail is screwy.

*starts listing a bunch of excuses before I pull Bandit's 'anything's find because it's magic' card* <.<

/shrug

You can make whatever tweaks you want since you're the GM. It's just for me, unless explicitly stated otherwise, I operate under "normal grail rules apply". As such I look at FSN and F/Z primarily, with Apocrypha also serving as a source. Because those are the only three instances that involve proper, normal, grail wars. Apocrypha is the same system as the fourth and fifth wars, just with a second team added, so it works. Extra, Strange Fake, FGO, they all are completely different systems with completely different rule-sets, thus I consider them irrelevant unless it's an FGO rp or something similar. In a "normal" grail war, only Apocrypha, FSN, and FZ matter to me. So anything that contradicts them I rule out, even if it happens in FGO, because it's a different system. It's like comparing Fahrenheit to Celsius, just because it works a way in one doesn't mean it works the same in the other.

Alrighty. This is how I see the whole rider thing.

The only exception to the mount rule if they are some sort of legendary animal themselves. Like Red Hare. Aside from that, this war isn't even operating under standard grail rules, I think. The most notable exception to the rider has mount rule is Dragons, who are generally riders. Of course, the whole thing may make marginally more sense if I outright stated Rider's identity, which I won't because part of the fun torment is guessing servants :3

But let me just ask this.

If say, Cerberus was summoned as a servant, which class would he fit in? Rider makes the most sense, Berserker to a minuscule degree. Stuff like Fenrir, Fafnir, Jabberwock, those sort of creatures all seem to fit the rider class, some may be able to slot in other classes (Jabberwock would probably work in Berserker, in my case, Fafnir is Caster because I said so). Also, apparently, there are rare exceptions. So I'm just going to assume that, if nothing else.

/shrug

You can make whatever tweaks you want since you're the GM. It's just for me, unless explicitly stated otherwise, I operate under "normal grail rules apply". As such I look at FSN and F/Z primarily, with Apocrypha also serving as a source. Because those are the only three instances that involve proper, normal, grail wars. Apocrypha is the same system as the fourth and fifth wars, just with a second team added, so it works. Extra, Strange Fake, FGO, they all are completely different systems with completely different rule-sets, thus I consider them irrelevant unless it's an FGO rp or something similar. In a "normal" grail war, only Apocrypha, FSN, and FZ matter to me. So anything that contradicts them I rule out, even if it happens in FGO, because it's a different system. It's like comparing Fahrenheit to Celsius, just because it works a way in one doesn't mean it works the same in the other.

Lack of Fate knowledge is really bothersome.

tenor.gif

Well...can't do anything about it now. Forward is the only way I rp. The grail was supposed to be a bit irregular anyway. A bit more couldn't hurt.

Alrighty then

You get to be a special snowflake. *thumbs up*

Then again, Valkyrie might be special too in a regular grail war. Dunno.

, in my case, Fafnir is Caster because I said so).

Faf was cursed to be a dragon. I consider her to be a dwarf.

Well...can't do anything about it now. Forward is the only way I rp. The grail was supposed to be a bit irregular anyway. A bit more couldn't hurt.

Eh, Fate lore is a bit confusing, you haven't seen toxic people who consider their views on lore gospel truth. Those are the worst.

Call Caster a dwarf and she will throw the biggest dragon tantrum ever.

Now to dump some magic laws on you. If that sword isn't her sword, the NP is weaker, I believe. It's kind of like Mordred's Clarent Blood Arthur, it isn't as powerful as it could've been as it was a 'stolen' Noble Phantasm. If that's what you meant by irregular, she's mainstream peasant, do not worry.

tenor.gif

That's the thing with Fate, you can either play a straight war like F/Z (straightest war to date as far as I know) or you can throw in some other shenanigans to make it more like FSN. Or you can just go ham and be like Strange/Fake or Extra or FGO.

Personally, I only go for normal grail wars. Go too strange and it's boring to me.

That's the thing with Fate, you can either play a straight war like F/Z (straightest war to date as far as I know) or you can throw in some other shenanigans to make it more like FSN. Or you can just go ham and be like Strange/Fake or Extra or FGO.

Personally, I only go for normal grail wars. Go too strange and it's boring to me.
If you mean confusing.

Why is everyone forgetting Prisma Illya!*Throws tantrum* They have a grail war, kinda, eventually, in an alternate reality... I'm not sorry and neither am I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back