• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean we have an extra skill slot? ^;3^ (Those of us who had a tier 2 or 3 system, of course.) Or is the extra point to be used towards another system?
There are no tier 3 systems; only tier 1 and 2. And yeah! I don't mind going retroactive - good thinking, you! =)

Right. That. >.> *totally didn't see numbers in your post and mix them all up, nope, not at all*

Basically, everybody gets a Skill to use as they see fit (not just toward a new system). =)

You get a Skill an' you get a Skill and... everybody gets a Skill! 8D

oprah winfrey GIF

Cool deal. Good eye for spotting that, Kaerri! I would have to guess that we will have to wait until this combat is over and we have a chance to get to Medical for the mindbending? Its not like the Zeki will just give us a time out to retrain!

I will admit - it largely depends on what takes place during the Prairie Fire. A lot can happen in this scene and I'm not about to say I've foreseen every outcome. We'll see what happens to the Wild Cards one way or the other. I hope to post by this time tomorrow.

Hmm. For anyone interested, looking again, I don't think I'm quite finished with Hand to Hand: HEMA.

Way of the (big) Knife has been changed. +1 to Damage changed to +1 to Disarm. Special technique added.
Way of the Sword and Buckler has been changed to Way of the Sword and Shield. Shield-Knock changed from slight increase to damage (who would use that?) to possible Stun.
Way of Sword and Dagger has been replaced by Two Swords as One. W.P. Knife removed. Special technique added.

Special techniques added to each Way. In progress.

Last edited:
Toph asks, "Is there anything that we can do with Technopathy that might help? I don't know; I'm grasping at straws here."

It is in moments like these that I remind you guys that as a Player group, you are a team both in and out of the game. Kaerri, if you have ideas or thoughts that you'd like to share, go for it! That's what OOC is for!

Same goes if any of you are following Kaerri's character's prologue. Have any thoughts, comments, or ideas for Eadric? Speak up here!

Wow.

I've really stepped down a Rabbit Hole here with this Hand to Hand: HEMA thing. Consider this version Update 1.1. =) Sherwood Sherwood Let me know if this version is compatible with your Rifts game? I've listed almost all of the changes (I'm sure I missed 1 or 2) at the bottom of the page.

Fun and well-made HEMA bonus! Sword vs. arrow. After seeing this and other videos that made me grimace, I had to up the S.D.C. of the HEMA system from 5 to 10. I mean, sure they have armor, but... OWW! =)

The roles of strength and skill in sword-fighting. =)

"Women Can't Fight With Swords" says Witcher Reviewer and Author Andrew Klavan - WRONG!

I have a bunch of posts to make, but I have my niece's birthday party to get ready for (turning nine! So big!) and I will be out for a few hours as we go to the party place. I promise to give you a good looksie over it tonight.

Would it be possible to traverse with some kind of ammo to get an idea of what exactly is going on? If it's not obviously impossible, I might want to propose that.

The ammunition itself? From what Professor Stein has passed on to each of you, it would require either physical contact or very-near physical contact (depending on one's Traversing gifts). For Ylva, this would literally mean getting out of her Super Stealth Logan, walking along her mecha's hull, and touching, say, the missiles mounted in the vehicle). If your fellow Wild Cards start up with firing their tank guns again, there will be Saving Throws involved because of the sheer magnitude of the force and volume of even a single tank-cannon blast.

In other words, great care would be required.

O.K.. It's been a week and no one has posted. I'll post again hopefully in 24 hours or less from now. One way or another, my brain has to get this story moving. And that's a good thing. =)

I tried two days ago, but couldn't get a proper post together - sorry for the wait.

No worries! I can relate; my head and Real Life have been giving me troubles too.

What is the old saying? "This too shall pass." Keep your chin up, dear Sil! =)

Heya! I'm giving the others a chance to post before I reply. Stay safe!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang!

Re: Shaman Bong. =)

Mark my words! If anyone among you (you only; no other RP Nation Sharkies) gets this without needing further clues, I'm giving bonus xp to not only their character, but to the entire party.

Mark my words! =)

Mark my words! If anyone among you (you only; no other RP Nation Sharkies) gets this without needing further clues, I'm giving bonus xp to not only their character, but to the entire party.
"Zeki red cloud iz in sex!"
Second thought (first thought being, "nice one, Toph!") is that we have a pronunciation goof, or possibly just fuzzy airwaves, at work. Putting together that the Zeki like biological solutions, and the sound of Bong's words as spoken and not typed, I get: "Zeki red cloud is insects!" Which would also explain why any gaps you make don't stay long - the little buggers just fly in and fill the holes.

Maybe y'all could get Iris in on the discussion? Being a variety of insect herself, she may have a helpful perspective.

Mario says, "That might work, but we have no way of knowing if this Red Thunder is vulnerable to fire. Perhaps Iris knows something about these, since she's an insect herself." He shifts his mode of communication to the mental link. "Iris, do you know anything about this Zeki Red Thunder? There is a chance that it is some form of insect life. Are you aware of any means of disrupting it that we can try? The Zeki are on the heels of our people out there and we need some way of neutralizing their advantage."
While I am very happy with the level of enthusiasm, as your Friendly Neighborhood Game Master here, I have to add - give your fellow Players a chance to post too (remember, they're across the pond). I'll also repeat myself here...

Heya! I'm giving the others a chance to post before I reply. Stay safe!
So... don't expect any in-game replies from me, please, until our Cap'n and Sil have replied too!

Love ya.

Mean it.

You keep bein' you!

8D

Sorry. I get overenthusiastic sometimes. I'm just enjoying this game a lot, and I get excited and want to get my ideas out. I'll wait for the others to be able to chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back