• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heya Gang!

Let's all gather 'round for a good ol', heavily-exciting Prairie Fire, shall we?

Silanon Silanon Just to let you know - Ylva's weapons in the Prototype Super Logan are, of course, different than those on the Mjolnirs. Ylva knows that her Logan's tri-cannon can reach out over two miles (because in Shop Talk, months ago, I decided to try out doubling the ranges of mecha-style guns in our games. Not missiles or rockets, just guns! And if I like how it works out, we'll keep it and if we don't, out it goes!).

Here we go! =)

Action was promised - action is what we'll get, it seems! Looking forward to it. Nothing creative for the sight and sensor situation came to mind just yet, but I'll take a closer look later.

Behind you, Sams have already moved anything delicate out of the way. Except for the abandoned food table... with its delectable goodies on it. But... casualties are always a part of war, people. All of you know that. Be brave. Stand strong. =)
🤣

Since it is a 'friendly' mecha to him, how long will it take Mario to Traverse the Mjolnir tank to get his increased bonuses in the mecha? If it is longer than an action or not something that I can have done prior to initiative roll, I'll skip it for now.

Does the Mjolnir have IR to see through the snow? If so, what is the range?

FYI, Mario's Initiative is +3, and his Perception is +2.

If our IR is not in range, can we get targeting info from the Broadsword?

Toph's Initiative is +5, Perception is +8

Last edited:
Another question for you Purr Purr . You've said that you've doubled the range of the various direct fire weapons in the game; does that also go for the Mjolnir's guns like the Blaster Cannon and the Eu-13? The still have their range listed as 4,000 feet.

Since it is a 'friendly' mecha to him, how long will it take Mario to Traverse the Mjolnir tank to get his increased bonuses in the mecha? If it is longer than an action or not something that I can have done prior to initiative roll, I'll skip it for now.
Good question, Sherwood! But some things must be answered in play. In other words, give it a try and see!

Does the Mjolnir have IR to see through the snow? If so, what is the range?
Silly me! I put all that thought and effort into making the Mjolnir and now I realize I didn't give anyone the sensor system data! I'll put it in later today for Real Life is calling. I can say this, though - no mecha I know of has a Infrared sensors that reach out for miles, Mjolnirs included.

If our IR is not in range, can we get targeting info from the Broadsword?
I don't think anyone has tried that before, Psychie! Give it a try and see?

You've said that you've doubled the range of the various direct fire weapons in the game; does that also go for the Mjolnir's guns like the Blaster Cannon and the Eu-13? The still have their range listed as 4,000 feet.
Yes, and that is still in the "testing stage." Since it's not permanent, why go through every gun on every mecha and do all those changes if it doesn't work out? For now, doubling the range of the guns is done in one's head. =)

Glad you liked that! I did too!

Action was promised - action is what we'll get, it seems! Looking forward to it.
I'm glad! Thanks for mentioning this, Sil!

Good question, Sherwood! But some things must be answered in play. In other words, give it a try and see!
What? You are not just going to give out all the answers for free and will make me earn them?!? How dare you! I want instant gratification, and I want it now!

Just kidding, of course! :)
Silly me! I put all that thought and effort into making the Mjolnir and now I realize I didn't give anyone the sensor system data! I'll put it in later today for Real Life is calling. I can say this, though - no mecha I know of has a Infrared sensors that reach out for miles, Mjolnirs included.
Understood. Just had to ask, though.
I don't think anyone has tried that before, Psychie! Give it a try and see?
Remember the old Battlestar Galactica series? I remember an episode where the Vipers were flying through a gas cloud and had to rely upon the Galactica for targeting info to clear a path through a minefield for the fleet. Reminds me of that. Just had to share my thoughts on that.
Yes, and that is still in the "testing stage." Since it's not permanent, why go through every gun on every mecha and do all those changes if it doesn't work out? For now, doubling the range of the guns is done in one's head. =)
Again, understood! And thank you for the prompt replies.

What? You are not just going to give out all the answers for free and will make me earn them?!? How dare you! I want instant gratification, and I want it now!

Just kidding, of course! :)
Ha ha ha! You never change, Sherwood! Still the same ol' silly-person. Keep it up! =)

Remember the old Battlestar Galactica series? I remember an episode where the Vipers were flying through a gas cloud and had to rely upon the Galactica for targeting info to clear a path through a minefield for the fleet. Reminds me of that. Just had to share my thoughts on that.
I don't remember the episode, but maybe Psychie is taking a page from her own game where Steven is relying on Kitty to get his target data, or perhaps she's seen this episode, or something else entirely! Only Psychie's know for sure!

Again, understood! And thank you for the prompt replies.
As able! I'm off for now. Take care and stay safe! =)

All righty! I have added the Mjolnir's sensor and computer systems to its page in Technopolis. =)

Silanon Silanon
"Gott mit uns" means "God with us." It's a German phrase that was adopted by the Swedish army during the 30-year war while they fought alongside their German Protestant allies. Just for fun: A song (two versions of it) by Sabaton.
The first version is not available (YouTube isn't providing a reason as to why). The second version by Sabaton just jams, though!

I recognize that phrase from a book series called the Ember War; it is the ship's motto of the hero captain of the series. Good read.

The first version is not available (YouTube isn't providing a reason as to why). The second version by Sabaton just jams, though!
Should be the English version that's missing, right? try this one:

A friend recommended Sabaton to me a few years back, and they've been one of my favorite bands ever since. I mean, metal and history, what's not to like? I dislike some of their stuff from world war 2, but there are a few real good songs by them.
Songs about some of the legendary regiments of Europe:
The Winged Hussars from Poland (at the defense of Vienna against the Ottoman Empire)

The Switzerguard of the Vatican

The Russian Night Witches

Other songs:

Last edited:
Silanon Silanon There we go. Those posts are on my screen clear as day. I'll listen to them after I wake up tomorrow; it'll be some good music to get up to. =)

Heya, Dann - where can I find the sensor equipment for the Stealth Logan? And does it use the same bonuses as the standard Logan? Don't think It's in the respective post, unless I'm blind...

You're good! I didn't add them for the Prototype Logan as they do indeed use the same numbers as the "vanilla" Logan. =)

So you're saying they did not have the chance to traverse at anytime before/during the scramble to take off? The way you wrote your post sure seems that way, but you also wrote it right on through and into initiative without a chance for anyone to ask at the time.

So you're saying they did not have the chance to traverse at anytime before/during the scramble to take off? The way you wrote your post sure seems that way, but you also wrote it right on through and into initiative without a chance for anyone to ask at the time.
The short answer? Correct. That's on purpose.

The long answer? Things are moving fast, the situation is unusual, and I want Initiative to play a part

In one sense, this is where a Traverser PC who has piloting skills (specifically Pilot Ground Veritechs) has an advantage over the Traverser who does not.

When most PCs hear "Roll Initiative!" they often imagine their characters to be in danger. From where your characters are, miles away, in the sky, in an armored hangar bar onboard a starfaring battle frigate, it could be argued that in this moment, the Wild Cards not really in any danger at all. Sure it would be easier and make my life probably simpler if I just said, "You all jump in your mecha, fully prepare yourselves, target the enemies, and open fire." =)

So why ask for Initiative? That's because I want Initiative to play a part in this scene because I honestly don't know if Adamantium is going to live through this. Sometimes, this GM doesn't like to automatically say who lives or who dies; I like to instead let my PCs attempt what you desire, we roll our dice, and what happens becomes part of the story! While you guys are RPing each of the characters in your squadron, I am RPing Adamantium, First Flight, the Broadsword, your NPC squadmates and the bad guys (and another element but I won't get into that) in a way that provides you with the most action (and learning) and me with the most-fair way to see what happens. =)

Fair enough! Just didn't want them to miss out on a chance for lack of asking if they had one.

Gang? Post away, let me know if you have any thing you want to do in Fat Gandalf's and... head to OOC to... ROLL INITIATIVE, Gang! Because it's on! =)

FYI, Mario's Initiative is +3, and his Perception is +2.

Toph's Initiative is +5, Perception is +8
I'm guessing this is Sherwood and Psychie "rolling" ^;3^ (or rather, stating their bonuses to be added to their preferred die color)

Yep! And when Eadric eventually gets into the mix, he'll be doing the same. =)

I'm guessing this is Sherwood and Psychie "rolling" ^;3^ (or rather, stating their bonuses to be added to their preferred die color)
Yep. I know that our Dannigan doesn't like using the die roller here, so I posted both my Perception and Initiative rolls so he can use his good ol' polyhedrals for us. Once he has some results on if I can see the bad guys or not will determine what Mario does next.

I don't like using the dice roller for anyone or anything I play. Since we got a RP Nation dice roller back (years ago with XenForo), the option remains open to any of you in either of my games. I can remember the posts where all of us in both games decided "to heck with the darned thing" and went to a system that if they didn't like the dice I was rolling for them, there were (and are) plenty more to choose from. =)

I have to point out that in Psychie's Army of Southern Cross game alone, the dice roller's favorite number still appears to be 1 (or at least 1-4) and those PCs using the dice roller are suffering for it. In this gamer's opinion, that's fantastic if you're rolling percentile and absolutely lousy for just about anything else. =)

Once he has some results on if I can see the bad guys or not will determine what Mario does next.
Still need to hear from Cap'n, bud. Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus He gets a say too before I post. Hang in there! Patience is hard! =)

On My Way Cat GIF

This cat! =)

Alrighty - lemme roll too, then: Initiative of +9 in the Logan, and a perception of +6. Question: Can I let Ylva use her awareness skill, or are the circumstances inappropriate? If I can, that'd mean a perception of +9.

Question: Can I let Ylva use her awareness skill, or are the circumstances inappropriate? If I can, that'd mean a perception of +9.
Silanon Silanon Definitely! It is the rarest of cases where a PC is asked for a Perception check sans their Awareness Skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back