• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hercules’ initiative is +2 and Perception is +0. Hercules will be firing up the Mjolnir’s radar, plugging in Adamantium’s and First Flight’s IFF transponders and flagging every other moving target as hostile.

EDIT: I feel that the guy with the history as a long-range support mecha pilot should have slightly better Perception considering he’s used to engaging targets in a different grid square. I think I shall consider future skill purchases.

Captain Hesperus

Last edited:
Hercules’ initiative is +2 and Perception is +0. Hercules will be firing up the Mjolnir’s radar, plugging in Adamantium’s IFF transponders and flagging every other moving target as hostile.

EDIT: I feel that the guy with the history as a long-range support mecha pilot should have slightly better Perception considering he’s used to engaging targets in a different grid square. I think I shall consider future skill purchases.

Captain Hesperus
There is the new Storyteller approved skill of Awareness that Toph has. It grants a +1 to Perception rolls every three levels.

It is the rarest of cases where a PC is asked for a Perception check sans their Awareness Skill.
I am now curious as to what an example of this would be. ^;3^

Also,
Hercules will be firing up the Mjolnir’s radar, plugging in Adamantium’s IFF transponders and flagging every other moving target as hostile.
remember First Flight is out there too:
You notice Hangar Bay Charlie's door yawn open and very moment it is possible, there is a sudden pair of roars as the most-unusual pair of UEEF aircraft you have ever beheld shoot out of the hangar. They are as white as clouds from nose to tail and each moving like a bat out of hell toward the hills and ridges. Their speed is mind-blowing!

They look like this:

Yeah, I know you wouldn't be able to see it from the front, but hey! A GM has to use the photos/images available and I couldn't find a good aft shot. So, enjoy! =)
Alpha and Beta merged.jpg

(Image credit: Macross World)
Captain Sharp comes back. "Wild Cards, First Flight is away!"

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus
Short note and offer here: You haven't selected Herc's 9th level Skill. If you elect to take the Awareness Skill, I'll add its bonus to your roll before this combat?

Done! =)

Herc has a +2 to Initiative and now a +1 to Perception checks!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag!

I am now curious as to what an example of this would be. ^;3^

My best example is one that immediately comes to mind and one that has happened to me on more than one occasion - the Characters are in an addled mental state that prohibits the full use of mental facilities (Skills). Ever been so completely fatigued that you couldn't think straight? Perhaps from lack of food or water? Been knocked unconscious perhaps? Maybe you've suffered a migraine so powerful it made every light too bright, every sound too loud while one side of the front of your head or the other felt like it was being crushed by some unseen hand? For hours or even days?

I have been in each of these states. While in them, I still retain most of my basic functions; I just can't make much use of them. As for my Skills? Forget about it! There's no way I am going to operate a vehicle or a firearm or even my own body to perform martial arts when my own brain can't function well enough to do these things responsibly! It is bad enough to be in that state but worse still to put others in danger, so forget about that! =)

There are many ways to apply these kinds of penalties. One easy method is one I've come up with - no Skill use but you still have any I.Q. bonuses your Character might have. This means if using a W.P., all shots are Wild. No Called Shots, nothing! In Skill use, you do not have the negatives for not possessing the Skill; you simply cannot make use of the Skill you have.

Why? Because I for one am no less hyperactive when I'm under the power of a migraine - I am still on that hyperspeed-highway (now with even less control than normal); I just can't think straight enough to even cook basic food or get on my exercise bike! All I can reliably do is shut out the world, close up, and focus on quality sleeping. Deep breathing, unexcited thinking, that sort of thing. That's the best thing for me to be doing too. I can still think (in fact, I often can't stop!); I simply have enormous troubles acting out even my most basic of desires under the weight and pain. But hey, that's the price of life for me! =)

There are certainly other examples, insanity or suffering a concussion, drug use and the like, but this is just a little system that is quick and easy and feels like it makes a great deal of sense - especially when I am waiting for my medication to kick in! And hey! C'est la vie (such is life)! Pain is only pain. It reminds me that I am very much alive so... either I've gotten used to it or I'm just happy to still be around or both.

And gaming! I'm always thankful to be gaming! That must be why Roleplaying is my favorite hobby! Because even under the worst of my migraines, there's still a little part of me that can go on daydreaming! Ha ha! =)

Initiative Order, Perception Bonuses, and Action Sequence.
Hercules +2/+1: 19. Action1/9.
Mario +3/+2: 14. Action 1/11.
Toph +5/+8: 12. Action 1/7.
Ylva +9/+9: 11. Action 1/10.
Shirley +6/+3: 23! (elected to spend an Action Point on the Initiative roll with a result of 5). Action: 1/7 - Gave orders, Traversing with Mjolnir.
Cera +6/+5: 22! Action 1/7, explaining, Traversing with Mjolnir.

Cap'n! Herc's up!

Initiative Order, Perception Bonuses, and Action Sequence.
Hercules +2/+1: 19. Action1/9. Traversing with Mjolnir.
Mario +3/+2: 14. Action 1/11.
Shirley +6/+3: 23! (elected to spend an Action Point on the Initiative roll with a result of 5). Action: 1/7 - Gave orders, Traversing with Mjolnir.
Cera +6/+5: 22! Action 1/7, explaining, Traversing with Mjolnir.

Sherwood Sherwood It's Mario's go!

Initiative & Perception Bonuses, Initiative Order, and Action Sequence.
Hercules +2/+1: 19. Action 2/9. Traversing with Mjolnir.
Mario +3/+2: 14. Action 2/11.
Shirley +6/+3: 23! (elected to spend an Action Point on the Initiative roll with a result of 5). Action: 2/7 - Gave orders, Traversing with Mjolnir.
Cera +6/+5: 22! Action 2/7, explaining, Traversing with Mjolnir.

Psychie Psychie It's Toph's time!

Initiative & Perception Bonuses, Initiative Order, and Action Sequence.
Hercules +2/+1: 19. Action 2/9. Traversing with Mjolnir.
Mario +3/+2: 14. Action 2/11. Traversing with Mjolnir.
Toph +5/+8: 12. Action 2/7. Traversing with Mjolnir.
Shirley +6/+3: 23! (elected to spend an Action Point on the Initiative roll with a result of 5). Action: 2/7 - Gave orders, Traversing with Mjolnir.
Cera +6/+5: 22! Action 2/7, explaining, Traversing with Mjolnir.

Silanon Silanon Aaand now veryone's favorite Swede gets a go!

How familiar is Ylva with the process after the few weeks of training? It's probably not a standard routine like for the others, right?

How familiar is Ylva with the process after the few weeks of training? It's probably not a standard routine like for the others, right?
AFAIK, Traversing is quite the innate skill. It’s kind of like learning to walk, but at an accelerated pace. Hercules had issues at first because he tried to ‘strong-arm’ his way in, but a more scientific approach like Ylva’s might be easier.

Captain Hesperus

AFAIK, Traversing is quite the innate skill. It’s kind of like learning to walk, but at an accelerated pace. Hercules had issues at first because he tried to ‘strong-arm’ his way in, but a more scientific approach like Ylva’s might be easier.

Captain Hesperus
I love hearing (reading) Players talk shop! =)

I see Ylva’s approach being like Spock’s mind-meld.
“My mind to your mind. My thoughts to your thoughts…”

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

*Watches as Hercules performs the Vulcan mind-meld with a like-minded Wild Card who replies...*

"I like feeesh!" Trouble excitedly licks his lips.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! Read in-game, then this!

So now you guys have a "social problem" during combat! Shirley and Cera have used up their 2nd Actions making Hercules next but... instead of everyone wasting their Actions talking away, each of you are allowed a "free say" This is basically a comment, statement, or the like that doesn't take too long to express - say, 6 or so seconds (this is so we don't get bogged down in Shakespearean-length dialogues as has occurred in my tabletop games of the past).

So, each of you (sans Kaerri at the moment whom I've pinged to keep in the loop) can toss something out there without giving up your action and then, if you like, have Ylva reply. Or whatever solution you guys and gals come up with!

A machine without a protocol asking what it's supposed to be doing mid-combat! Welcome to problems only Traversers have! Hah! =)

Plus, I have to ask - what did all of you think when Mario was recognized by Toothgrinder, a Mjolnir you've interacted with previously?

Reminder to self (and anyone else interested) - Broadsword's "Mecha Hangar Bays" section (sans Cyclones and Silverbacks) has been updated.

I'd've suggested what Toph said anyway. ^;3^

Dat's whut OOC iz fer! Esspressin' yo'self! =)
mash up arts GIF

Just a bump for anyone (besides Kaerri and Psychie) who wants to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back