• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, it charms me that you are both having that much fun here!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag!

I'll wait for Cap'n before I post again. =)

Hercules figured that even if the insects Bong claimed were creating the cloud were resistant to fire, the intense heat would cause the cloud to dissipate or risk overheating the mecha concealed within.
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus
Just a small note here. If this were a BattleTech/MechWarrior game, there would definitely be a serious advantage to overheating the enemy mecha (as those mechs are governed by heat sinks and prone to shutdown when overheating, etc.). Here in a Robotech game, overheating in M.D.C. vehicles is not so much a thing. This is especially so when fighting outside in one of the coldest places on Earth.

So, please don't expect your people or the bad guys to be jumping out of their mecha mid-combat because it's too hot in there. There's a good joke in here but I'm not quite able to find it. Next time! =)

I hope to post later today sometime (but first, sleeeep)! =)

cat sleeping GIF

Hope to post sometime tomorrow, Gang! Stay safe and happy! =)

Heya Gang! There is a lot for me to cover here both in and out-of-character. Yesterday, I put all of my brain into a single post and now I'm ready for another; I hope to post later today!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang!

Re: Shaman Bong. =)

Mark my words! If anyone among you (you only; no other RP Nation Sharkies) gets this without needing further clues, I'm giving bonus xp to not only their character, but to the entire party.

Mark my words! =)
And yes! It has happened! Much to my surprise!

I expected no one to guess this clue with so little information; I was dead-set-ready to provide you opportunities to find out clues - and there was no need for it at all! Congrats, Gang! Each of the Wild Cards (NPCS and Eadric included) get to enjoy an additional RP Point because of your fellow Player's correct guess! Fun fact: In Palladium experience points, that RP point is roughly equal to... (does the math) 2,500 experience point per PC/NPC... multiply that by (Toph, Herc, Mario, Ylva, Eadric, Mack, and Cera) 7 and you get (2,500 x 7) 17,500 experience points!

Go Kaerri! Woo!

GIF by FILMRISE

Kaerri Kaerri ? A moment for your fans? Would you tell us how you drew your conclusion in-and-out-of-character? EDIT: Besides what you wrote in your initial post?

Last edited:
I have fans?! ^D^

It's basically what I said then: I wondered if it was a matter of hearing differently rather than interpreted differently. Bearing in mind Bong isn't a native English speaker, with an accent the Wild Cards aren't terribly familiar with yet, I sounded out what he said and found another word that sounded similar to my ears. (Also Dann and I have a lot of fun offline with some of our older RP characters, some of whom also say things in unexpected ways, so maybe I'm used to listening for different words from him?)

Gang!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

I realized earlier today that I'm probably goofing in having Mack ask the Wild Cards their take on such a heavy, militaristic question! This is a game, not a war-simulator, and I'm probably guilty of asking too much (I want you guys to have your says but hey, you've provided opinions already and I can just go with those; I'm getting too caught up in the desire to give you guys interaction when what you probably want are... action and results? Heh!).

I'm going to post again here to very different.... action and results! =)

And there is also this:
Mario nods. "According to my recollection, the Mjolnir comes standard with five plasma rounds.
In case anyone is wondering, Mario is on-target with this information (see what I did there?). =)

Last edited:
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag!

Also! Does anyone want to take a gander as to what happened in this little scene? =)

Mario says, "That might work, but we have no way of knowing if this Red Thunder is vulnerable to fire. Perhaps Iris knows something about these, since she's an insect herself." He shifts his mode of communication to the mental link. "Iris, do you know anything about this Zeki Red Thunder? There is a chance that it is some form of insect life. Are you aware of any means of disrupting it that we can try? The Zeki are on the heels of our people out there and we need some way of neutralizing their advantage."
The polyphonic nexus channel clears as everyone waits... and waits... and waits. But there is no response whatsoever from War-queen Taniya's favorite Scrath hunter-killer, Unit One. Mario is met with complete silence.

"Wild Cards?" Captain Sharp finally cuts in over your mecha's radios. "You still there with me?"

Toph with the priorities. ^D^

Also, since no one's answered this:
Does anyone want to take a gander as to what happened in this little scene? =)
The current Polyphonic Nexus was created by Mack, after the Wild Cards had left the ship in their various mechas. Iris was not mentioned as being part of it, and really I can't imagine how she could be, not being on the radio channel or anything that would give Mack contact with her at this range.

When I suggested asking Iris, I wasn't really thinking of a direct line (because of the above). I'd envisioned someone radioing the Broadsword to get Iris on the line somehow, possibly through those neat-o earpieces Hitomi has that let her listen in on Nexi. (Or is it nexuses? Nexi just sounds cool. Like octopi.)

he current Polyphonic Nexus was created by Mack, after the Wild Cards had left the ship in their various mechas. Iris was not mentioned as being part of it, and really I can't imagine how she could be, not being on the radio channel or anything that would give Mack contact with her at this range.

Correct! And Kaerri wins a hug!

Happy Love You GIF by NETFLIX

When I suggested asking Iris, I wasn't really thinking of a direct line (because of the above). I'd envisioned someone radioing the Broadsword to get Iris on the line somehow, possibly through those neat-o earpieces Hitomi has that let her listen in on Nexi. (Or is it nexuses? Nexi just sounds cool. Like octopi.)
Long ago, when I first created the ideas for binary and polyphonic nexuses (yep!), I wondered too if "nexi" was the true way. Merriam-Webster thinks otherwise:

"noun. nex·us | \ ˈnek-səs \ plural nexuses\ ˈnek-sə-səz \ or nexus\ ˈnek-səs , -ˌsüs \"

However (and this part is a joke), if you notice that very, very last "word" there in the quote... it throws the whole matter into confusion. Because it's "sus." Hee hee. =)

Also, I'll hold for good ol Silanon Silanon before I post next. Because Sil posts are worth any wait! =)

On an unrelated note, I've edited Eadric's last post to include a spoiler translating his Québécois (French as spoken in Québec, as his mother taught him).

Correct! And Kaerri wins a hug!

Happy Love You GIF by NETFLIX

Long ago, when I first created the ideas for binary and polyphonic nexuses (yep!), I wondered too if "nexi" was the true way. Merriam-Webster thinks otherwise:

"noun. nex·us | \ ˈnek-səs \ plural nexuses\ ˈnek-sə-səz \ or nexus\ ˈnek-səs , -ˌsüs \"

However (and this part is a joke), if you notice that very, very last "word" there in the quote... it throws the whole matter into confusion. Because it's "sus." Hee hee. =)
Game Playing GIF

Captain Hesperus

Ha ha ha ha! Cap'n, you're bonkers! =)

I'll see if I can get a post up - life's kind of a draining mess right now and for two more weeks or so, then things should become a bit more bearable. Kind of lacking the energy and drive for most sorts of creativity at the moment.

Silanon Silanon Okies. Is there something you'd like Ylva to do? Tell me here and I'll write it in for ya? =)

EDIT: Otherwise, I can just have her on stand-by. Whatever is best for ya!

Last edited:
Caught up with reading over the weekend, but didn't get any farther than that - so I mostly know that I want to post something for her, but not what, exactly.

Silanon Silanon I do this in part because of the way my brain operates, but one thing that helps me out is - I'll will re-read recent posts (even if I'm only skimming) to remind myself what I was doing and where I wanted to go.

I tend to take notes along the way. That helps me organize what I want to post and what I don't want to post.

Let me know if I can help in other ways?

Silanon Silanon I do this in part because of the way my brain operates, but one thing that helps me out is - I'll will re-read recent posts (even if I'm only skimming) to remind myself what I was doing and where I wanted to go.

I tend to take notes along the way. That helps me organize what I want to post and what I don't want to post.

Let me know if I can help in other ways?
I do that, but instead of notes I use the multiquote to save things I want to respond to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back