• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Far Passage (Sci-Fi colony on a fantasy world)

Discord or OOC?

• Total voters

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

For as long as humanity can remember, we have always dreamed of conquering the stars. Yet the limits of gravity and the laws of physics prevented that dream from ever becoming a reality for millennia. And so, humanity seemed to be forever bound to our home world of Earth, and even with technology leaps that let us leave the gravitational field of our home and land on the moon and beyond through rocketry and spaceflight, we would still remain within the boundaries of the Sol System, for the nearest star was lifetimes away even with the most advanced propulsion systems.

As the human population grew and our cities spread across the globe, the planet's natural resources dwindled and we suffered the eternal problem of global warming and ecological collapse, combined with the ever-present threat of wars between nations fighting over the last remaining resources on the planet that had the potential to spiral another world war. Even with fledgling colonies set up on Mars and Luna, they were still too small to support the growing human population. Humanity seemed like it was on the way to complete self-destruction.

The discovery of the Torsion Drive changed everything.

A product of the greatest minds on the planet, the Torsion Drive represented the greatest technological innovation of all time, for it allowed for faster-than-light travel. Humanity could finally find its place among the stars.

Great ships were constructed equipped with Torsion Drives and sent to distant worlds to establish colonies on the far reaches of space, carrying the best humanity had to offer. Humanity was no longer bound to a single system. The political climate of Earth was also forever changed. Nearly every sovereign nation came together as one, establishing the Consolidated Nations of Earth (CNE) and pooling its resources together for the greater good.

To chart unexplored worlds, the Pathfinders were founded, an elite group of highly-trained and well-equipped personnel serving as a combination of scientist, soldier, and scout. They are the best of the best, outfitted with only the most advanced equipment available. These Pathfinders lay the foundations for dozens of new colony worlds and are responsible for the discovery of fauna and flora on alien worlds.

For decades humanity has spread across the stars, establishing colony after the colony as part of the CNE's Far Horizons Initiative in massive colony vessels capable of making a journey that would take a thousand generations in mere weeks.

Now it is the year 2219, and the colony ship Far Passage is en route to a planet hundreds of light years away to establish humanity's newest colony, but it would vanish without a trace without ever arriving.

Elsewhere, Acadore is a peaceful and prosperous world, home of magic and other fantastic sights. For thousands of years its inhabitants have lived peacefully, ignorant of what went on beyond their world. Ruled by a myriad of kingdoms and empires, the races of Acadore live in relative peace, the climate having remained unchanged for years.

david-edwards-kenden-001.jpg

The planet is home to numerous guilds, manned by hundreds upon thousands of adventurers hungry for riches and grand adventure. One of the oldest most prominent guilds in the Kingdom of Arcadia is known as the Wayfarer Guild, which has produced some of the greatest warriors and adventurers the world has ever seen. Members of this guild are known as Wayfarers. Its members routinely make daring journeys to some of the most dangerous lands to slay great beasts, and to explore old ruins.

Of course, even with the best of the best, things are bound to go wrong sometime. While exploring an ancient ruin, a group of Wayfarers inadvertently activate a relic at the heart of the ruin, bringing the Far Passage to Acadore.

Two worlds will now meet, and neither will be the same again.

TFvkFFC.png

Created by Corrosion Corrosion and StarryKnights StarryKnights

Welcome to Far Passage, an RP where science fiction meets high fantasy!It is named after the titular colony ship which is brought to the fantasy world of Acadore after a group of adventurers activate an ancient relic. This is a story which focuses on the interactions between the colonists and native inhabitants, and how they affect each other.

Player characters will belong to one of two factions: the Pathfinders and the Wayfarers.

Pathfinders are an elite group of highly-trained and well-equipped personnel tasked with the exploration of new worlds. Each colony ship has a small detachment of them (typically consisting of a few teams) who chart out the colony. Pathfinders are a mix of soldier and scientist, with each being the best humanity has to offer and go through intense training at the Pathfinder Academy of Earth. They have access to incredibly advanced technology and are respected by all. Each Pathfinder is equipped with a powered exoskeleton known as a Rig that increases their strength and endurance.

Wayfarers are members of the Wayfarer Guild, the oldest and most accomplished guild in the Kingdom of Arcadia, and by extension, the whole world. Members of this guild consist of all races of all backgrounds, each with different abilities and equipment. In other words, your fairly typical fantasy guild. Wayfarers are respected throughout the world for their proud history and heritage as both warriors and scholars, and its members are keen to continue its thousand-year legacy.

Players can be one of either, although having one character per side is encouraged.

The level of technology for the ship is fairly grounded in reality, although of course it is advanced due to the RP taking place 200 years in the future for the sci-fi side, so you have stuff like exoskeletons and easy interplanetary travel. However, it is not too crazy advanced with stuff like teleportation and whatnot.

Acadore, as one might expect from a fantasy world, has a medieval level of technology, and it has been that way for millennia. However, its magic more than makes up for this rather primitive level of technology. Furthermore, its people splintered into multiple nation-states and kingdoms. It also has various fantasy races such as dragons and elves and whatnot.

This RP seeks to bring a fresh take on the fantasy and sci-fi genres.

Ground Rules:
  • Follow the lore.
  • Respect the GMs.
  • No godmodding, autohitting, meta, etc.
  • No harassing other people.
  • Don't control the characters of other players if you don't have permission.
  • No killing other characters without permission.
  • Always follow RpN's rules.
  • No speedposting (i.e. one-sentence responses). However, depending on context, such as action scenes or dialogue, short replies are viable.
If you have any questions, please ask!

Last edited:
Are robots allowed? also nice gambit gif I was never that good at it, crucible was always my fav

Depends on what you mean by robot. The technology in this setting hasn't reached sentient A.I. yet.

Welcome aboard. I'll be creating an OOC soon, so if you have any questions, ask away.

I'm hoping to start maybe next week once we find one or two more people.

I'm definitely interested! You said playing a character from both factions is encouraged, so one character per faction, correct? Also, what's your take on bionic limbs and body parts? I was thinking about a character with either a missing limb or one with bionic vocals cords or something.

I'm definitely interested! You said playing a character from both factions is encouraged, so one character per faction, correct? Also, what's your take on bionic limbs and body parts? I was thinking about a character with either a missing limb or one with bionic vocals cords or something.

Bionic replacements and cybernetic augmentations is fine and part of the universe. In fact, all Pathfinders by default have neural implants.

I'll be creating the lore thread soon. I also started a poll to see if you want a Discord server or just keep OOC on the site.

Created a lore thread here! It's still a work-in-progress, of course, but it'll contain information about the world and other important tidbits.

I would be interested. You said there were dragons in this world are they the more sentient or more beastial in nature? I was looking at the Lore but wasn't sure if that were all the possible races

So, two question. How powerful is Alchemy on the magic side of things? And is colonist tech high enough for one to be a brain in a jar?

I would be interested. You said there were dragons in this world are they the more sentient or more beastial in nature? I was looking at the Lore but wasn't sure if that were all the possible races

Some dragons are intelligent whole others are more beastial. I'll be adding a few more things to the lore thread.

So, two question. How powerful is Alchemy on the magic side of things? And is colonist tech high enough for one to be a brain in a jar?

Alchemy is decently powerful on the magic side, being your fairly typical fantasy magic. The tech on the sci-fi side is not yet advanced enough to be a full on brain in a jar, but advanced enough to have cybernetic implants and augmentations.

I'll be creating a Discord server soon based on popular vote, and I'll answer your questions there.

I've created a Discord server for this RP. Please DM me for the invite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back