• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Peter Callahan
Braden Callahan

Callahan Residence

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

arms crossed clooney .jpeg
Peter had watched Braden and Amy go with interest, only looking back when his wife asked if it was just her for seeing that Brady was soft on the younger redhead. "Oh definitely not, he's smitten for sure." Peter said before laughing when Sinead was suddenly worried about the state of the music room. "It'll be okay, love. She's a professional, I'm sure they'll be no messes made in there." The quietness of the dining room seemed to get to Sinead and Peter had sensed it.

When she spoke of it being just the two of them again, Peter's mouth formed into a deep frown as he moved to comfort his wife, taking her hand and rubbing the back of it with his thumb. When she started firing off their children being gone, hardly spending time with them or being able to do their own thing, he knew where this was going already. In their years together, they had moved a lot when things got too tense. Never staying in one place for longer than 10 years. Peter wanted the regularity of staying somewhere for longer, but he knew enough now to know that would always be just a pipe dream. He wanted nothing more than to provide that for his family, but it would never be.

"Sinny, you know that it's not because they don't want to sit here, love." Peter tried to reason with her, knowing her head was going to try to go down a negative path. He squeezed the hand that he was holding and moved to grab the other one as well. "The kids love us, you know this. They are just adults now. Well, minus Liam. And they have their own lives. We knew this would happen someday, love. I know it particularly hard right now.." Peter wasn't sure what to think of the prospect of moving again.

It was going to uproot everything they built here. Liam would have to make new friends, and Hattie and Braden would be left to their own devices. Sure their other family was here for them, but Peter wasn't sure how comfortable he was leaving the rest of his family behind. He worried about Emery enough as it was. "Do you believe that moving would truly make you feel any better about all of this, Sin?" Peter asked softly. The question could sound harsh, but it was something that needed to be answered. If they were going to leave all of this behind, he needed to know if this would make her feel better. Feeling safer was one thing, but happiness wasn't guaranteed to come along with it.

2dc0e44f2749640c9f2fe24916b3af25.jpeg
Braden's brain was struggling to keep up with all of the glass ceilings he had just shattered over the years of shutting women out. It was like every barrier he ever built since Hattie's mother had left was now completely down, leaving him out in the open and completely vulnerable. Amy was now the one babbling and Braden couldn't help but smile at her as she talked about not being a weirdo. "I like different. Different is good." He managed to get out, watching as Amy turned about as red as the color of her hair. "Hey, don't worry about babbling." He said when she apologized. "I think I'm the one that started it." The man said softly before Amy wiggled her fingers between Braden's hand.

This caused him to look down at it, noticing that they were still holding hands. How had he not noticed that? Why were things feeling so...natural with her? When she asked if he would walk her out, the man immediately nodded his head. "Of course." The man agreed, moving to stand up with a bit of a struggle before grabbing the crutches he had. Placing one under each arm, he released her hand before nodding towards the door. "You sure you don't want to stick around for dessert? My mom is a whiz with sweets too. Every food item that women make taste like a million bucks." Brady said as they moved to the french doors of the music room.

Opening one of them for her, he allowed her to go through them before moving out the door himself. As they moved slowly down the hall, Brady could hear his parents talking, picking up on the words for a brief moment but not allowing them to register. Once they made it to the front door, Braden turned to look at Amy, not opening it yet. "Thanks again for taking care of my ugly mug. I promise I don't get hurt like this on a regular basis."
with: Misty Gray Misty Gray BasDorcha BasDorcha

Oak Tree Restaurant
~Dublin City Centre, Dublin~
Michelle Romano

1663142189813.png
Michelle slid her hand under Marco's arm, taking the excuse to touch him and be closer. Like a gentleman, he stayed with her, opening the door for her and allowing her to slide in, her hand leaving his only after she was perfectly seated and could look up at him as she drew it away. It felt a bit like a fantasy, some cheesy movie with an elegant woman and her dashing date. It caused her to look away in a moment of shyness, the door closing. She observed the town around her making mental note of some places she wanted to visit and land markers to keep her orientated.

Upon arrival, just like before, he helped her out and she wasted no time using the already taken hand to keep as her arm to be shown on. The inside of the building was deceivingly boring, though the hallway had a sort of… darkness to it that did in fact have her moving closer to him unconsciously. The moment the music hit her ears though, she loosened up with a bright smile. This was her kind of place. Stepping inside, she looked around, undisturbed by any of the sights. "Oh they have a show! Estupendo! I love it! "

As she security guard came up, she smiled, listening to their conversation. Looking about she decided she was first headed to get a drink, guiding Marco with light touches, replacing the drinks they had before. "For the record, cariño, tequila highballs are my drink." She winked, handing him one before looking about, eyeing a poker table. Grinning, she nodded her head towards the table. "Let's see your poker face, guapo, so I can start learning those tells."

@Melanin-Gxdess - Marco[/FONT]

Last edited:
The Royal London Hospital
~ Tower Hamlets, London ~

Billy King

1e34799d437977caf5612c1b8ac8415c.gifEveryone was hurting. Spencer, Alex - even Bruce was crying, and if that didn’t give Billy permission to cry too then he didn’t know what did. Still, it always made him uncomfortable to display such strong emotion so openly, so he still tried to keep his sobs quiet as they tore from his lungs. Bunching Erik’s shirt into his fists, Billy squeezed the man tight, clinging onto him like he was the only thing holding him up. His touch and voice were comforting as ever. Billy was still so new to the concept of being in love, and yet he couldn’t imagine being without him. Sure, the family were close knit and always had time for each other, but there was no one Billy would rather have with him at a time like this than Erik. His words reminded him that he didn’t actually know what had happened. It took Billy a while to dial back his crying before he could get the words out; they swirled around in his head in the meantime, tearing his heart into pieces.

“She was so upset,” he whispered, tears gushing down his face. “But she…she calmed down and - she hugged us and -” His grip on Erik tightened again as he struggled to compose himself. “She said she was gonna see Bruce and Darcey…but she went home.” He burst into fresh tears, thinking of what must have been going through Harper’s head at the end, recalling the state of her as she was carted out of the building. That was his little sister lying there. Unconscious, white as a sheet, blood streaming from her wrists. “I should’ve been there more,” he mumbled into Erik’s shoulder. He felt the strength draining from him as the sobs died down, a headache forming to take its place. It was impossible not to be afraid of the possibility that Harper wouldn’t make it, but even if Erik hadn’t known what he was really talking about when he was reassuring him, Billy still clung to his boyfriend’s comforting words. He had to be right, because if he wasn’t, he would never see his sister again.

Jeremy grabbed the room’s attention then, and Billy reluctantly turned to face him. The man was in tears, holding a piece of paper in his hands, and began to read it aloud. Realising what the note was supposed to be, Billy was suddenly overcome by nausea and moved to sit down, pulling Erik by the hand to sit with him. He squeezed the man’s hand tight, bringing it to his face to rest against as he listened to what could have been Harper’s final words.

It was painful to hear that she related to their mother, worst still when she began to address his brothers individually, apologising to them and thanking them for what they had done for her, and to kiss little Eddie, whom she must have known would grow up without ever knowing her. But his heart beat faster and harder, knowing that he was next - and as soon as Jeremy read out his name, Billy turned away, twisting in his seat to hook his arms around Erik. She was proud of him, happy for him for finding love with Erik, and despite the pain and heartache he was feeling, there was also a profound love welling in his chest. With tears pouring down his cheeks, he moved his hand to Erik’s cheek and kissed him on the lips. He didn’t care who saw or what anyone thought. If there was a lesson to take from Harper’s attempt on her life, it was to cherish loved ones while they were still around. In the end, love was all that mattered.

Shona King
1664723472022.pngSpencer was one of the strongest people Shona had ever met. Perhaps she would even say the strongest. From their very first encounter, when he had saved her from being harassed by her ex, he knew he was physically strong and unafraid; when they got to know each other better and he began to open up about his past, she could see that his strength was not only physical but mental, too. He had nothing to prove to anyone. So when the tears started pouring down his face, no part of her wanted to tell him to buck up or be brave. He had been brave his whole life - he deserved to fall apart now.

It pained her to see it all the same. When he said that he needed Harper to be okay, she thought of the fight at Bruce’s house and wondered what had happened after she left. Of course, it wasn’t a question to be asked right now. Seeing how overwhelmed he was, Shona broke away from the embrace. “Let’s sit down,” she suggested, and went to take a seat beside him. She allowed him to take Eddie from her, and as she watched him kiss his head, her eyes welled up with tears. It wasn’t rare for him to show such affection for their son, but this time she got the feeling that he was wanting to hold his family especially close because of what had happened to Harper.

Still with their baby son in his arms, Spencer drew Shona in close until their foreheads touched. With her hands now free, she reached up to cup his face in her hands, sweeping away his tears. “Oh baby, I ain’t goin’ nowhere,” she whispered back. “Whatever happens, I’m here, and I ain’t never leavin’ your side, okay?”

Despite her attention being on her husband, she could still hear people around her crying. May, Darcey, Billy, Jeremy. The waiting room was filled with love for Harper, if only she could see it. Jeremy got the room’s attention and began to bravely read aloud a note that Harper had left for them. Shona really didn’t want to break down in tears, knowing that Spencer would feel a need to console her, but she couldn’t stop a few from crashing silently down her face, one hand over her mouth. They were probably all thinking the same, but Shona wished that she had done more. She knew that Harper had always felt outnumbered and overpowered by the men in her family, and as her sister-in-law she felt she ought to have done more to hold her up, make her see that she had a sister in her corner.

She wanted to remind Spencer of how strong Harper was and how much she had overcome, but the note was evidence enough that she had made an attempt to end her life, suggesting that her strength had run out and she just wanted to rest. Quickly wiping her own tears away, Shona turned back to face her husband and placed a hand on his cheek. “There’s still hope, baby,” she said. “We’ve got to hold onto that, yeah? She wouldn’t want us to give up.”

Bruce King

1664723505310.pngBruce could always feel it when Darcey was hurting - her tears put an ache in his chest, compelling him to hold her, and while he of course hated to see her in pain, he welcomed the chance to focus on comforting her. Feeling her shaking against him, Bruce kissed the top of her head and held her as securely as he could...though he was starting to think he needed to sit down. When he had family around him, he had always been able to put them first and be there for them, but somehow this time he wasn’t sure he had much left in him to give.

Growing increasingly aware of the nausea building within him, Bruce released Darcey from his embrace. He was about to lead her to the seats so they could both sit down, but before he could, a doctor came around the corner and made eye contact with him.

Dr. Miller had witnessed a lot in his 15 years of practice. Being a general surgeon for the hospital had prepared him for nearly every situation. He'd seen it all, but...this part...never got any easier. Walking into the ICU waiting room, there wasn't anyone else except for the King family. All eyes were on him suddenly and the man looked at them all. He hadn't had the chance to change out of his dirty scrubs, blood still coating a good majority of it as he had tried to stunt the young woman's bleeding. They had been successful, but she had lost a lot of blood. Blood transfusions were currently underway and further testing was being done. After pumping her stomach, all the drugs she consumed were out of her system. But...the damage was done. Dr. Miller was well practiced in ensuring his face remained neutral as he approached Bruce, who had been with Harper as they carted her off to the theater for emergency life-saving measures.

"Bruce King? My name is Dr. Isaiah Miller, I'm the head of the Surgery department at this hospital and in charge of your niece's surgery."

“Yes…hello,” he uttered back, almost in a daze. Dr. Miller looked nervous, and Bruce felt his heart rate pick up and his throat burn as he anticipated the worst. He tucked his arm around Darcey’s waist and held her closely against him as he -

”Bruce King?”

A middle aged man approached him, a long navy jacket covering his scrubs. Bruce could barely look up, still in shock from the loss of his wife and daughter just two hours ago. Darcey had been holding him in her arms ever since. The man took a seat beside him. “My name is Dr. Lang,” he said in a calm, steady voice. “I’m the surgeon who’s been with your son, Jakub.”

“They…said he was fightin’,” Bruce mumbled, his words slurred from all the crying he had done. “Is he still…?”

The doctor was silent for a moment. He knew that Bruce had already been told of Jakub’s condition upon arrival, the severe head trauma and blood loss hindering his chances of survival. “Unfortunately, the injuries that Jakub sustained in the collision were more extensive than we were able to detect,” the voice explained. “We did everything we could for your son, but…I’m afraid he passed away.”

Dr. Miller looked to all the men and women in the room for a long moment, watching as they inched closer to listen to him. He swallowed harshly before looking back to Bruce. "We managed to stop the bleeding. Her stomach has been pumped...all the pills and alcohol are gone. But..." Dr. Miller looked to the man, sympathy clearly showing in his eyes now.

Bruce gradually tuned back in to the sound of Dr. Miller’s voice, though it took him a few seconds to register what he was saying. The look of sympathy in the man’s eyes unsettled him - he had been given that look too many times before, and it was never good news. Through gritted teeth, he asked, “But what?”

"We've had to revive her several times already. The extent of the overdose and what exactly is wrong is currently unknown. But we do know she experienced a seizure, which has caused some inflammation in her tissue in the brain. The frontal lobe to be exact. To be safe, we will be keeping her induced to allow her brain to rest." Dr. Miller looked around him once more. "I can't tell you whether she will make it, or just how long she has. We've done all we can on our end...ultimately, it's up to Ms. King if she makes it through this."

The man released a shaky breath as he shook his head, "I'm so sorry for this. I know hearing that your doctors don't know what the prognosis will be is not something you want to hear. But the body is a mystery even to us at times. But looking at your niece's chart, I can see she's a fighter. If she wanted to be let go, she would have given up on us in the theater." Dr. Miller reached out to place a hand on Bruce's shoulder tentatively, hoping he wouldn't react poorly to it. "She's in her own room now...if you'd like to see her. Room 104."

"I can take you to see your family now, if you'd like. I know it can be a shock to see them this way, so it’s up to you…just let me know when you're ready."

“Y…yes,” Bruce exhaled, trying to keep his breaths steady. “Thank you.” The reality that Harper might not make it was hitting him now, and while he knew he needed to keep his hopes up for her, it was getting harder to imagine the outcome he wanted. He tried to remind himself of the times his niece and nephews had survived by the skin of their teeth, that if they had done it before they could do it again. Harper’s injuries from the nightclub bombing could have killed her. Billy’s shooting could have been fatal. Spencer could have died in a number of ways when he was beaten, stabbed and left in a burning car. But they had all survived…so maybe she could survive again.

When they reached Harper’s room and he saw her lying unconscious on the bed, hooked up to various drips and machines, it almost didn’t look real. His legs carried him to her bedside, where a seat was there to catch him. He saw his hand on her head and heard his voice telling her to keep breathing, that he loved her, that he was sorry, that he needed her to come back…

And then, suddenly, he was back in the corridor, walking with haste yet without any idea of where he was going. The walls warped and twisted ahead of him and his vision was darkening at the edges. All he could hear were his own heavy, laboured breaths, feel the sweat radiating from his body and the urge to throw up slipping out of his control. He wasn't sure what was happening but it terrified him, and he had to get out, get away from all the people and the lights and the machines and the awful memories and the reality that Harper might really die. As he stumbled blindly down the corridors, a sharp, stabbing pain tore through his heart and he lost his balance, collapsing against the wall and down onto the floor. Tears flowed from his eyes uncontrollably and he clutched at his chest, struggling to breathe…

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Harper, Dr Miller (thank you!)
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Erik, Darcey
Misty Gray Misty Gray Spencer, Trevor
BasDorcha BasDorcha May, Jeremy

I figure anyone can come see Harper now if they want to!

Last edited:
The Porter Residence
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Olivia Sullivan

1662938294607-png.1021293
As she watched the film, Olivia soon became aware that she was the one least affected and disturbed by the film. She'd been exposed to the violence of the mob since a young age. Although she was only a young child when her mother was tortured and killed by the East Harlem Crew, she'd picked up enough details over the years to have learned what her mother had gone through. Growing up within the Irish Mob, she had become aware of the nature of the business and heard plenty about the crimes their family committed or were even victims of. That, and being trained by James, had made her grown a thick skin. She supposed she'd become desensitised to violence and gore. But at the same time, both Thomas and Sam had being faced with similar on the battlefield. Still she knew their experiences were first hand and had gained enough knowledge of PTSD to not be dismissive or mocking of how they were feeling. When she'd felt Sam squeeze her during parts of the film, she had considered turning it off and suggesting they watched something else, but then she was worried they'd feel worse if she was drawing attention to their discomfort. In the end, she decided they'd speak up if it was too much for them.

Once the film was done and talk turned to Halloween, Olivia grinned at Sam's suggestion of a night out around Dublin. "Johnny and June?" she asked, raising a curious eyebrow. "That seems quite tame. I was thinking more like Carrie - head to toe in blood - or a sexy vampire or something," she remarked, flashing a playful smile. "You know I would be your date, but only if we stop by at the party my family's planned on attending. Only for a bit though - it's a no kids allowed kind of thing so I don't want to see the oldies in their natural habitat for too long," she said, rolling her eyes. "Now that would be embarrassing, right Thomas?"

When Thomas got up and said he was going to head home, Olivia got up too. "Thanks for staying for the film though. You two should hang out and catch up sometime when I'm not here third-wheeling," she remarked to him and Sam. "Tell Elena I said hi," she added, sending her brother a smile.

Once Thomas had left, Olivia sat back on the sofa and waited for Sam to join her. "Okay, so we've probably got an hour left before we need to worry about the oldies getting back. What shall we do?" she happily asked him.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Samuel)
Bellz Bellz (Thomas)

The Callahan Residence
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Sinead Callahan

1662938307208-png.1021294
Sinead sighed when Peter reassured her the table wasn't empty because their kids didn't want to sit there. Maybe was she being too harsh, especially where Braden and Emery were concerned, but she couldn't get out of her head that Savannah would rather leave her family than stay with them to fight for Callum together. She knew she'd have done anything for her kids when they were children, but it didn't make it easy to accept Savannah had left her family. She thought they were closer than that. Then again, there was a time she was close to Conor and now she didn't know him anymore, even if he did live close by. "Some of them love us, Petey. One of them left us and didn't love us enough to tell us where she was going. Liam and I were abducted because of Savvy's decision to leave. Did she even care about the mess she'd leave behind?! We could have fought for Callum with her, but she left us and now I'll never see her or Callum again," she said, placing her hand to her mouth as she tried to hold back her emotions.

When she heard Hattie calling out for her, Sinead sat up straight and made an effort to compose herself. When her granddaughter rushed into the kitchen, Sinead stood up and cleared her throat. The request for ice-cream met no resistance as she just wanted to avoid Hattie seeing her upset. "Of course, honey. Ice-cream sound good. It sounds great." Her jaw tightened, she set about serving two plastics bowls of ice-cream and sticking a spoon in each. "Take Liam his too and you can eat it while you watch TV," she told the girl, walking to open the door for her to leave.

Sitting back at the table, Sinead took a long drink of wine before looking to Peter as he continued addressing the situation they'd been discussing. "I'm exhausted, Petey. I'm tired of having to stay strong in the wake of all the problems that surround this family. I thought Savvy would be the one to break this cycle, but she wasn't. If Liam stays here, he's just going to end up tied to this mess too - he's already been dragged into things twice in just a few months. I don't think my heart would be happy being so far away from our family, but I can't take much more and I don't want Liam to suffer like everyone else has. My dad, James, Conor... None of them have been able to stop this and the only way for me to escape this constant fear is to get away from the middle of it all. My heart will break but it already hurts," she said, tears now streaming down her cheeks.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

The Sullivans Pub
~ Dublin City Centre, Dublin ~

Conor Sullivan

1662938318906-png.1021295
When Leo asked Conor what he was angry about, the older man let out a scoff. "Oh, how long have you got?" he remarked. "When I was younger than you are now, I didn't have much to be angry about but I still felt pissed off and someone would manage to flip a switch in me that made me want to kick off. And now, after all this family had been through over the years, I've got an endless supply of things my head could decide to make me pissed about," he assured him. "I'd got good at blocking it all out and finding better ways to transfer my anger. Though more socially acceptable, I don't like how I have been coping. Done things lately I'm not proud of, which is partly why your aunt isn't talking to me," he said of Sinead.

When Leo went on to reassure him and to explain how he would cope with his own feelings of weakness, Conor sent him a small, reassuring smile. "You're a better man than I am, Leo. That's one of the reasons I'm proud of you - for not turning out too much like me," he firmly told him. When Leo then questioned why he had issues with Adam dating Blake, Conor looked away, his eyes briefly closing when Jackson's name was mentioned. "Adam's a great bloke and one of my best employees. I'd trust him to lead any job I set him and to protect this family and the business. But I know all about Adam's past - sleeping around and never settling down long enough to be in a relationship. I promised I'd look out for Blake and I don't want her to get her heart broken, not when it's taken her so long to date again since losing Jackson. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but he's spent his whole life being a fuckboy, so how long until he gets bored again?"

When Leo went on to say he loved him, Conor warmly smiled and was about to return the sentiment, but the sound of Aliana's voice killed the moment. Tossing the bloody rag on the table, he looked up to his wife and sent her a smile. "Impeccable timing, love," he drily remarked. "Hey now..." he interjected as Aliana directed her annoyance at Leo, telling him not to play dumb. As the woman dragged a chair and sat at the table with them, Conor let out a groan. Apparently she had a lecture to give them. The woman started off in a tone, painting a picturing of her evening with Michelle before being told about a scuffle involving himself. Conor sat back in his seat and idly tapped his fingertips on the top of the table as she made it clear she'd been told about his fight with Adam. He let out a small chuckle as she silenced Leo to say she wanted to hear it from his own mouth. "Adam butted into a conversation I was having with Leo about how badly the cabin drama he was in charge of went down. He couldn't handle the criticism and went for me, so of course I smacked him back. He's lucky I let him just walk away after going off on me and acting the big hard man."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo)

Storybook Art Gallery
~ Upper East Side, Manhattan ~

Gabriel Moretti and Valentina Wycliff

1664144837016-png.1025492
Gabriel had idly listened to the chatter about Ava offering to babysit for the kids, his attention focused on their surroundings and taking in the faces of the other people nearby. Soon his attention was pulled back in at Ava's comment of not having anyone waiting for her at home, clearly a reference to Marcus and the fact he was dead. He didn't need to respond on account of the distraction of the two men joining them.

Gabriel studied Ava's interaction with the men, noticing she seemed a little surprised or even shocked at seeing at least of of them. She knew him on first name basis and had evidently met him during her recent time in London. Elvian seemed somewhat amused by it, but Gabriel remained as stern-faced as ever as he observed. When Ava introduced Valentina and Elvian first, he chose not to take offence. "Klaus. My son and Ava were married, until his very recent passing," he greeted the man with a firm handshake that he maintained a little longer than was normal. Releasing his hand, he looked back to Ava as she seemed to have trouble with her explanation of who he was or how they'd met.

Gabriel maintained a calm and stoic exterior as he listened to Klaus explain he was in New York for a conference. "Which conference is it?" he curiously asked. "What line of work are you in that brings you all the way over here for a conference?" He tightened his jaw at how glad Klaus seemed to be to see Ava, his mind only able to read between the lines and determine something was going on between them, and when Marcus was barely cold in his grave!

When the apparent rookie, Wesley, spoke up, Gabriel furrowed his eyebrows as he picked up on the accent. He'd met enough people and travelled enough to know the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland, but the man's accent still left a bitter taste in his mouth. "Oh yes, it is quite the shindig," Gabriel repeated the man's words. "From where in Northern Ireland do you originate?" he questioned Wesley.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Ava, Elvian)
Bellz Bellz (Klaus, Wesley)

Pinewood Care Home
~ Cambridge Heath, London ~

Sarah Stewart

1663605360749-png.1023671
Whilst Philip was speaking with his mother, Sarah was joining in with the conversation as she did her usual thing of checking through the old woman's bedside cabinet and belongings to see if there was anything they needed to bring in for her on their next visit. When she'd finally sat down, she listened as her husband explained that he was going to try give Trevor a chance. Although she wasn't sure how she felt about her brother-in-law yet, she would support her husband's decision. She softly smiled at him, admiring his ability to be open-minded about things. She knew she was stubborn and at times quite scathing, but she wasn't going to get between Philip and his family. She hoped her husband's faith would be rewarded. She would gladly be proven wrong if it meant Philip was happy.

Once they'd finished their visit and stepped outside the care home, Sarah was taken by surprise when Philip moved to stand in front of her. When he placed a hand to the side of her head and one around her waist, she mischievously smiled at him before the two of them kissed. Resting her arms around him and clasping her hands together resting against his lower back, she kept her forehead against his even when their kiss had ended. "Yes, we do have a date, Mr. Stewart," she confirmed in a sultry tone as she chew her bottom lip. "Let's get to that car before I take you right here!" she playfully told him.

When they reached the vehicle, Sarah removed her jumper and smoothed out her blouse before getting into the passenger seat. During the drive to the hotel, she set about letting her hair down and retrieving her compact mirror from her bag so she could touch up her make-up. Even if it had been a spur of the moment decision, she wanted to look good for their date night. By the time they were parked up at the hotel, Sarah was ready and keen to check in. "You know..." she began, retrieving her hand bag and draping the handle over her wrist. "We could just order room service and take advantage of having time for just the two of us," she suggested. "I want you all to myself tonight, darling," she informed him. With work being so busy for Philip lately and keeping him away from home, she knew her request was entirely reasonable.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Philip)

Trevor Stewart

1663604967579-png.1023666
Despite him assuring May she was mistaken, the young woman still seemed confident in her beliefs and unwilling to back down on them. Trevor glared in Bruce's direction for a moment, wondering what on Earth he and the others had been telling the poor girl. He turned back to May as she seemed insistent on what she'd told him. She went on to start telling him a story about an Irish woman named Kathleen, who had worked in a pub. Trevor stared at May blankly, wondering how that was meant to back up her claim to be his daughter. In a way, he knew he was being closed-off and resistant to give the claim the time of day. It was only when she went on to say a London man had gone on to have a brief love affair with Kathleen that he began to think about what she was saying. He knew he'd been in Dublin around 22 years ago and now May mentioned her, he did remember Kathleen Thatcher and the pub she first served him a pint in. Much of what happened in the couple of weeks that followed was a blur filled with sex, drugs and alcohol. But he did remember the woman and how he was quick to leave. Not only had it been his style to get his kicks and ditch, but in that time he'd already managed to cross the wrong people - ones he'd soon learned were employed by the Irish Mob, who at the time had been led by James Porter. Dublin was a place he'd soon wished to make a quick exit from at that point in time.

Hearing May tell how the woman ended up pregnant was enough to drain what colour had remained in his face after finding Harper almost dead. When the photograph was mentioned, Trevor raised a curious eyebrow. "Oh yeah? Have you still got this photo? I'd quite like to see it," he told her, still not sure he believed what he was being told despite everything fitting into place. Besides, even with the picture, it still wasn't proof he was May's dad. If Kathleen was so quick to jump into bed with him, then how many other men had she slept with around that time? When she mentioned a private investigator, he let out a scoff. "Would that happen to be the Scottish bloke that's been stalking me?" he commented. Whilst he didn't really consider it stalking, the fact the man had been looking into him was enough to feel somewhat defensive about having his personal life scrutinised.

When May finished off by confirming she was trying to tell him she was his daughter, he looked directly at her for a time. He didn't remember much about Kathleen but he had a vague memory in his head about how the woman looked and he was sure there was some kind of resemblance in May's face. But more than that, he could see the similarity to himself, especially in May's eyes. It all added up and made sense, and she did look like she could be his daughter. Looking away, Trevor soon covered his face with both hands and kept them there for a time as he tried not to let the situation overwhelm him. His leg shook as the natural urge to get up and run resurfaced. Something was telling him to just leave; to do what used to come naturally to him. Was his need to be better and reconnect with his family really worth all of the stress, pain, and anguish he'd faced since returning to London? Somehow it was. Harper in particular was keeping him firmly in place. She'd put her faith in him and he couldn't let her down by just disappearing all over again.

To now learn he had another daughter and one he'd left before she could be born was a lot to take in. When he'd thought he couldn't take any more shocks for one day, one lifetime, here was another one. Moving his hands from his face, he cocked his head to the side to draw May's attention to Bruce and the others. "I take it they know? Or at least Bruce does?" he asked. "Thought it would be a good idea to keep it from me, I'm guessing?" he remarked. Looking to May, he shook his head as if to tell her she might not want to pursue him. "That lot over there will be better for you than I ever could be, you know," he assured her. It wasn't that he didn't want to accept her as his daughter, he was slowly becoming curious about her, but more that he doubted there was a way she could be around him and get to stay close to the Kings. "How much did they tell you about me, Maeve?" he asked. "Did they tell you that I was a selfish junkie who walked out on his wife and kids? A man who slept around whilst his wife struggled with a drug addiction and trying to look after three young children? That I knew my wife was pregnant with Harper and I still left, leaving the woman to end up overdosing not longer after." Trevor pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to hold back any tears from escaping his eyes. He looked back to May. "What I'm trying to say, is there's a reason I'm sat away from everyone else right now. I'm bad news," he firmly assured her. Despite his words and drive to deter May from getting involved in the complications that surrounded him, he found himself curious and keen to know more about her. Did he really have another kid? A fifth child he'd let down? He hoped she'd been spared the suffering and heartache his other four kids had lived through.

Trevor's attention was drawn towards the doctor as they began to address the family with an update on Harper. There was a lot of uncertainty as to whether she would pull through and that set him on edge. Despite having been positive Harper would be okay based on how she'd been able to speak to him whilst he was helping her, the expert's words seemed to thrown those hopes out of the window and now Trevor wasn't as certain that his daughter - one of his daughters? - would wake up. He leaned forward in his seat, burying his face in his hands as he rested his elbows on his knees. Although his tears were silent ones, in that moment he didn't hear or process the doctor telling Bruce he could go see Harper, but even if he had, Trevor would have known to stay where he was and not step on anyone's toes.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (May)

Spencer King

f5fa7b4816a99cf870c915f2cfda7bd4-gif.1025800
Spencer managed a small smile for Shona when she assured him she wasn't going anywhere and wouldn't leave his side. Although he always tried to be physically and mentally strong for his family and friends, even Spencer had his limits. On the occasions where he'd exhausted all of of the strength he had to hold himself together, Shona was there for him. Before meeting and falling in love with her, he didn't get many opportunities to let go of his emotions and always had to bottle them up so as no to appear weak. Even throughout his first marriage, he didn't have anyone to go home to and let his guard down with, as Letitia had forced him to put up more of his walls, if anything. But not Shona. She was his rock and he wasn't sure how he'd have survived the last few months without her by his side.

"I love you, babe," he whispered to her and leaned in to kiss her lips. He then looked her in the eyes as she reassured him there was hope and that Harper wouldn't want them to give up. The sad thing was that his sister had given up, otherwise she wouldn't have tried to end her own life. Still he lightly nodded, hoping that deep down Harper had believed her family wouldn't give up on her and that even now she knew they were still here for her. "We're not going to give up," he backed up Shona's sentiment with a firm nod.

As he gently rubbed Eddie's back to keep the boy calm, Spencer's eyes wandered until they landed on Trevor and May conversing together. He glared at his father for a moment, wondering why the man was speaking with May. Or more, why was May speaking with him given that she knew who Trevor was to her. His thoughts were soon interrupted when the doctor joined the family to update them on Harper's state. As the man mostly addressed Bruce, Spencer kept his eyes fixed towards the both. Hearing about the potential injury and inflammation to Harper's brain made Spencer feel even more tense. Clearing her body of drugs and stopping her wrists from bleeding meant little if serious damage had been done to her brain, he figured. Hearing that it was now in Harper's hands whether she made it was unsettling to hear considering she'd tried to kill herself to begin with. What if she didn't even want to fight it?

Spencer looked away, instead focusing his sights on Eddie who was beginning to get restless. He move his son to cradle him in both arms, gentle stroking the baby's cheek as he could see the warning signs Eddie was about to cry. Although he heard the medical professional point out that the charts showed Harper was a fighter and would have given up by now, it didn't do anything to reassure Spencer. Just as he hard them being permitted to visit Harper in her room, Eddie predictably began crying, prompting Spencer to get to his feet so he could rock and sway the baby in his arms. He watched Bruce go off to see Harper but didn't follow him as he naturally wanted to, instead needing to quieten Eddie down before joining his uncle at Harper's bedside. Spencer had once again looked in Trevor's direction, surprised to see the man looking so upset about the daughter he'd not given a damn about for more than two decades. Even worse was knowing the older man was sitting next to another daughter - one he didn't know about and likely wouldn't have cared about if he had known she existed either.

Once Eddie was settled and sleeping in his arms, Spencer carefully passed him to Shona before they made their way to Harper's room. When they got there, Bruce was just leaving the room. Figuring it was all getting too much for his uncle, he understood the man likely needed some air. Spencer pointed to the seat Bruce had been occupying, offering it for Shona to sit in as she was holding Eddie. Spencer remained standing at his sister's bedside, Looking to the various monitors and wires Harper was attached to. He took some time to gently stroke the top of her head before leaning in to kiss her forehead. The longer he looked at her, the harder it was. He remembered as clearly as if it was yesterday when he'd seen his mother's pale and lifeless face. The fact Harper resembled their mother and now looked so weak only served to bring back fresh reminders of that day. "Harper, you can't leave us. For starters, who's going to keep me and the lads on our toes if you're not around to wind us up?" he asked, with a tearful laugh.

Reluctantly, Spencer pulled his hand away from Harper before practically falling into the empty seat next to Shona and at Harper's bedside. "I'll start doing my Dick Van Dyke impressions if you don't stop me," he added. Turning to Shona he looked to her, his eyes clearly deeply troubled despite his joke. He gently rested his head against his wife's and placed his hand on his thigh, trying to absorb as much of her warmth as he could.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Shona)

The Hospital... Again
~Bethnal Green, London~
Maeve Thatcher

1664752559049.pngIt wasn't hard to believe that Trevor was doubtful, she couldn't blame him for that. She had never blamed him for anything, honestly. She knew the kind of things he had done to his other children, but May was a big believer in the ability for people to change. She had changed. She had to believe it, or she would always be the girl whose mom thought she was worthless and a problem, and she'd never see herself better than that. When he asked about the photo, she nodded, indicating she still had it as Christian had given it back after they all knew the truth. She wouldn't tell him, but it was actually framed and waiting for unpacking in her apartment. Sure, she had agreed she wouldn't have anything to do with him, but so had the rest of them and here he was. It was time for May to decide things for herself, and if they couldn't understand, they could run the risk of losing her or cutting her out the way they had Harper. She wanted to be more like Harper, following her heart, not living in fear of doing what felt right.

May also confirmed with a sheepish looking that Christian was the Scottish man who had been following him, giving a meek and embarrassed shrug followed by another quiet 'yes'. As he covered his face with both hands, she wanted to hug him, but wasn't sure if he would accept, so she simply reached out and rubbed his shoulder, not awkward in the way that she didn't want, but more because she wasn't sure how he would react and she'd had enough surprises lately. The night with Josh flashed through her mind, realizing it could have been much worse for the 100th time. She watched, carefully trying to read his face, but she wasn't sure. For a moment, she almost thought he looked scared, but she wouldn't say it aloud.

Once he finished speaking, her not interrupting because she cared to hear everything he had to say. It hit her, suddenly, that he may be feeling a lot like she has been feeling - left out, unwanted, unaccepted, and just trying to do the right thing most of the time. It broke her heart for him, and with all the sadness and pain, someone needed to do the right thing and be better than that. When he pinched his nose, she caught a glimpse of the wetness in his eyes, and she couldn't help that the feeling to comfort him grew stronger. She went to speak, but the doctor came out, and in silence they listened. It wasn't the best news, but it wasn't worse news, so there was that. She said a silent prayer for Harper, determining she would go later to see her, letting Bruce and the others see her first.

Slowly, she moved to me crouching in front of Trevor, she pulled his hands apart carefully, dipping into the space that was left to wrap her arms around his neck. She didn't say anything, she didn't expect him to say anything, she just wanted to be there for him the way she wanted someone to be there for her. Hell, she needed someone to be there for her, right this moment, and she had no one. He must be feeling much the same. He was her father, even if he doubted it, there were to many similarities between her and the siblings, Harper especially, and her mother was certain, as she had been a virgin before Trevor. She had always insisted that before him, there had been none, and she knew her mother was loyal at least as long as she was married. After that, that's when she changed the most.

"They've told me a lot of things, including the mistakes you made in the past, and that's okay." She said softly, still hugging him. "People can change. People can learn. People do dumb things and then regret them…It's human nature. You're not bad news. You've done bad things, but I don't think that makes you a bad person." Sitting back, she released him, sitting on her feet that folded beneath her. "If there's one thing I learned about early in life, it's that drugs make you someone you're not. You do things, say thing, believe things, you'd never do otherwise. You were as sick as her, I figure, and no one's ever seen it that way. I also think you've come here to make a new start and try again…it's what I did. I-I didn't have the drugs or anything, but I had my own things I came here to start over from." She looked down at her hands, twisting her thumbs around nervously.

"What I'm trying to say is…I understand what everyone is trying to tell me, but I want to make my own decisions. And my mam never tried to find you, so I don't hold any ill feelings for you. I-I…I just want you to know that I exist. Even if you don't want a relationship, it's only fair for us both to know. And I wanted to say, I think you're doing the right thing, for the right reasons, even if they can't see it because of the past. I've talked to Harper enough to know she is the best judge of people, she doesn't let other people's opinions cloud her own and that means something. And-and," May stumbled, realizing she might be babbling and talking too much so she struggled to find the right words to wrap it up, "I'm proud of you, I'm not ashamed to call you my father, even if you might still doubt it, because you're trying, and that's so much more than most people would do."

She pushed back up on her feet, her right arm swinging up to rub her left arm shyly, cheeks blushing, even as she felt herself ready to cry again. May hated faking strength, she had forced it for so long it felt harder than ever to do now. She didn't regret doing it, but it made her think of Harper, and that brought the sadness back to her.

@Misty Gray @Pyroclast @Bella:D @Melanin-Gxdess

Trevor Stewart

Trevor sensed May getting up from her seat and moving in front of him, but with his eyes closed and covered, he assumed she was just getting up to join the others and go see Harper. So when she pulled his hands apart and away from his face, he opened his eyes and lifted his head slightly so he could see her. He wasn't expecting her to console him at all, so he certainly hadn't been expecting her to wrap her arms around him in a comforting gesture. "Maeve..." he began, about to excuse her from any obligation she felt to console a man who likely appeared a lonely figure. But he fell silent, not having the energy to fight one of the few friendly reactions he'd received since he decided to stay in London.

As the young woman continued to hug him, she confirmed she'd been told about his past and she seemed to be accepting of it, not holding a grudge or expressing anger towards him. Was it because of the already upsetting situation with Harper or did she genuinely hold no ill feelings towards him? As she continued to speak, she made clear her belief that people could change and she didn't think he was bad news. As she moved to sit back in her seat, he watched her. "That's really not something I hear often," he pointed out to her. As he retrieved a tissue to dab his face dry with, he briefly looked towards Spencer and Shona as they settled Eddie down while the baby cried. There was a man he figured would never be as forgiving, not that that he thought he'd earned or deserved it. Looking back to May, Trevor listened as she told him she'd learned drugs changed people and she reasoned he was as sick as her mother. Trevor knew drugs weren't the only cause of his selfish behaviour, that when he was younger he had simply been a selfish and opportunistic young man, even as early as his teens. It had taken him some time to correct his ways and because he was committed to his pursuit of redemption, he didn't feel the need to correct her and blame himself rather than the drugs. No doubt she had enough of an idea to know he was for the most part in control of his mind and could have tried harder.

"I am here to start over and to try repair the damage I've done, to those who will let me. I'm not forcing anyone to change their minds about me," he assured her, referring to Bruce and his sons in particular. As May mentioned having her own things to start over from in London, he raised a curious eyebrow. "If you want to tell me about them, you can," he suggested, though in a tone that didn't put her under any pressure if it was something she didn't wish to divulge.

He couldn't help the small smile that briefly showed on his lips as May said she wanted to make her own decisions. He couldn't take any credit for it, but he was pleased to realise both of his daughters had minds of their own and were determined to make their own decisions. He nodded his head when he heard Kathleen hadn't made any effort to find him. "Under the circumstances, I can't blame her for that. Up until a few years ago, you wouldn't have wanted to give me the time of day, I imagine. I wasn't a good person back then," he admitted. When May went on to say she was proud of him and not ashamed that he was her father, he almost choked up again, but composed himself to quickly nod his head. He turned himself to face her directly and softly smiled. "I would like to get to know you, Maeve. This is a difficult time for us all right now, but that doesn't mean I don't have the time or capacity to commit to you too," he said, understanding the hospital waiting room wasn't the best place to connect with the daughter he'd only just learned about moments ago. "But the others might make it diff--" he began to warn, but fell silent as May stood up.

Noticing the way May seemed to be awkwardly rubbing her arm, he focused on her face and could see she was struggling to hold back her emotions. He got the feeling she didn't feel like she could go to the others - apparently her half-siblings - for comfort and reassurance. Standing up, he decided it didn't matter what the others in the room thought and instead, he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her to comfort her, just as she had earlier done for him. "It'll be alright. Harper will fight this," he reassured her. "And you can't be going quiet on me when I don't know anything about you. Something big or small. Like, what do you do for work?" he asked to try distract her.

BasDorcha BasDorcha

Harper's
~ Bethnal Green, London~
Alexander King
2db574ba5083ce2c0461b472700e6387.jpg

"Alex, I swear to god if you keep jumping on that couch, I'm going to box your ears!" The young boy momentarily stopped, weighing the pros and cons of following Darcey's orders. On the one hand, he'd get slapped upside the head and perhaps have a headache after. On the other, however, it would save him the pain. A few moments later and he decided it wasn't worth it right then and jumped down. Only, by the time he Darcey walked over she still smacked him upside the head. "Ow! I stopped jumpin' didn't I?!" He rubbed the back of his head, brows furrowed in annoyance. "Shouldn't have been jumpin' to begin with. Now, when your mother gets here you're to be on your best behavior, yeah?" She looked up at Spencer and Billy. "All three of you."

Laura had finally given birth and was coming home that day. Bruce was picking her up from the hospital and bringing her home - Darcey forced to babysit. Though she swore she loved them as if they were blood she was counting down the seconds she'd finally be free of them. "Is she bringing our new baby brother home," Alex asked, throwing himself onto the couch. Darcey opened her mouth to correct him, to tell him he was actually getting a little sister when she heard keys. "You'll see," she said, moving towards the door. Opening the door she smiled, Bruce's arm around Laura's shoulder. She'd been looking down at the bundle that held Harper - pure love and adoration in her eyes. Darcey had seen the look on the young woman's face many times and she never got tired of seeing it; how happy her children made her. "Welcome ho-," Darcey was then pushed by the boys, excited to see their mother and the newest addition to the family. Darcey groaned and pushed them out of the way. "Alright, settle down. Let them come into the house you pests." The three of them tried to calm down but they wanted to see what they believed to be their new
brother.

Darcey helped Laura to the living room to sit on the couch. Once settled she looked up from Harper's face at her boys. "Spencer. Alex. Billy. This is Harper," she softly said, tilting her forward so they could see. "Your new baby sister." A series of oohs and ahhs followed with two out of three of the boys moving closer to sit on the couch. Alex, however, had remained where he was with a frown on his face. "Um. That's not right," he said, arms crossed. Laura let out a slight laugh. "What do you mean, love?" Alex shook his head, confused. "You were supposed to bring home a boy - another
brother. Where is he?" Laura looked between Darcey and Bruce, a smile still on her face but a confused look in her eyes. She figured one of them would have shared that they had a new sister by now. "I was going to tell him, but he's been a little shit today," Darcey said, Alex immediately shaking his head. "Was not!" She scowled at him, Alex turning his attention back to Laura. "Um, hello? You didn't answer my question." Laura had handed Harper off to Spencer, who was carefully holding her against his chest and supporting her head. "Oh sunshine, I didn't get a boy this time. This time was a girl. You get a sister!" She knelt down in front of Alex, grabbing his hands. He immediately snatched them away, shaking his head. "No way! Girls are gross and ruin everything - I wanted a little brother!" In a rage, he stormed upstairs.

Laura was confused, Bruce placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "He's just upset and confused. Give him time - he'll adjust."

tumblr_no928kMx5H1uohohfo8_250.gifv

Alex couldn't help but think about the first time he ever lay eyes on Harper. Fuck, he thought. If only he could've taken it back; tell his younger self how excited he should've been. How much he should've appreciated her; what was going to happen twenty-some years down the line he would. Alex's biggest regret, as he kneeled down to the floor, picking up pills one by one, was the way he acted when Harper was first born. No, that wasn't it, was it? Couldn't have been; he was a kid. He didn't know any better. No, his biggest regret was actually-

"I can't BELIEVE you cheated on Savannah!" Harper had been pacing the floor in his apartment, Alex sitting on his couch. His elbows were resting on his knees and his fingertips were pressed together. He thought she was dropping by for some bonding when in reality it was to chastise and berate him for what he'd done. Truly Alex had heard enough of the shit but considering he was hung over, he didn't quite have the energy to defend himself. "She was like, the best thing to ever happen to you and you just stuck your dick in someone else?!" Her voice sounded so shrill; so goddamn sharp and Alex winced. She noticed this, turning to face him with a sarcastic grin on her face. "Oh, I'm sorry, am I being too loud?" He nodded. "Fuck that!" Her face turned serious again as she resumed her pacing. "I mean, for fuckssake, Alex, do you even feel an ounce of regret?" He leaned back, palms pressing against his temples. "Yeah, of course. Taking that last shot was stupid," he groaned.

Harper paused, and slowly turned her head to him. "You stupid, mother-," she stormed over, bending down until they were at face level. "Sav was the best thing to happen to you - to this family! And you threw it away for what? Some slut who's name you don't even remember?!" He shook his head. "Uh, her name was Violet, actually," he said, trying to fight off his headache. "Her name is a FUCKING COLOR?! ALEX! Savannah is the mother of your child. How could you treat her like this?" He could see the rage in her eyes. The annoyance at his actions but above all... He could see the disappointment. And for some strange reason, seeing that disappointment in
her eyes - his baby sister who always looked up to him? It stung. Because now, he thought to himself, the facade had been ruined. She'd see him - she'd look at him the same way everyone else would; a fuck up. A copy of Trevor. There was no hiding who he really was anymore - especially since the final person had seen who he really was. Looking into those eyes his heart broke. And though he didn't know it then, his self-loathing would begin at this point.

The pills had been flushed down the toilet. With a broom in hand, he'd carefully swept up the glass and whatever debris had been left behind. All that remained was the blood. He stared at it for a long time. Just how much had she lost? How long had she been here alone for this much to accumulate? Should he have actually gone to the hospital with the others instead of staying at home? No, this was the better option. He was no good there just standing around; to himself or anyone else. Swallowing the lump in his throat he went on a search for towels and anything else that might help. He was trying to calm his racing mind, to think positively. Harper wasn't going to die in that hospital. She hadn't allowed herself to do so the first time and there was no way she would the second. He had faith in her that she would keep fighting; she had to. There were far too many people she would be leaving behind and she knew what that would do to them... Right? Water splashed against the floor mixing with the blood. He ran the tub so that he could rinse the floor and towels repeatedly, trying to force himself to think of something else.

original.jpg

It was Harper's 15th birthday. The family had decided to take her out for a nice dinner and treat her to anything she wanted. Alex and Harper had been the only two ready - Alex walking into the kitchen in search of alcohol. Harper had been rummaging through the fridge looking for a snack and when she heard him she peeked her head out. "Ugh, is your family ready," she asked, impatience clear in her voice. Alex had found the tequila he was looking for, holding it in his right hand. "Uh, nope. Bruce is probably watching Darcey get dressed or something, Billy takes more time than a woman, and Spencer is more than likely trying to figure out how to part his hair," he joked, flashing her a smile. Harper glanced at the tequila bottle curiously, though she'd kept her thoughts to herself. "I'm starving! I'd like to get there before the place closes," she huffed. Alex shrugged and walked to the cupboard, grabbing two shot glasses.

Not only had he caught her looking at the bottle in his hand, but he'd gotten a bright idea. "Well, how bout this," he said, setting the glasses down. He stood next to her, pouring alcohol in both of them. "While we wait we can take shots," he whispered, craning his neck to try and listen for anyone descending the stairs. When he was sure no one was coming he slid the glass in front of her. "You're basically an adult." He smiled at her, watching as she picked the glass up. “Do you sip it,” Harper asked, staring at it. Alex immediately shook his head chuckling. “Ah, well if you wanna gag then sure. Drinkin’ it quick is the better way to go.” Harper put her nose around the rim and the moment she took a whiff she gagged. Alex let out a laugh, grabbing her elbow to move her arm down. “Don’t sniff it!” Holding her chest and making a face she squeaked. “Alex, that’s horrible. Why do you guys drink this?” Shaking his head, he shrugged. “For a good time. Besides, once you get used to the taste it’s nothing. Come on.”

415c37f4e2b524f69a523638d743a1da254032c7.gif

She gave it another chance, face still scrunched up as Alex started a countdown. Once he reached one, the two of them knocked the shots back together. Alex watched as Harper’s face immediately scrunched up, holding the liquid in her cheeks. It took everything in him not to burst out laughing as she managed to force herself to swallow. The palm of her hands was pressed against the countertop as she rocked back and forth. “That was horrible,” she grunted, voice husky. Alex wrapped his arm around her shoulders, laughing as he placed a kiss on her head. "Ah, fuck. That was hilarious," he said, Harper, elbowing him in the ribs. "Ohh, relax. You'll be a pro in no time! Wanna try again?"

Tears had started falling down his face then, hands moving faster to wipe up the blood. But no matter what he did it didn't seem to want to come up. It only smeared further into the tile. It took several times to rinse and squeeze out the towel for a good portion to come up, but there was still a thin layer on them. He'd been so lost in memories and his own head that he didn't hear Kerry walk in until she said his name. Simply seeing her, hearing her voice? It was enough to make him break. He looked back down at the mess as she questioned him. "I can't-," he tried, voice breaking. "I can't get the blood up, Kerry." He started moving vigorously, tears falling faster. "She can't come home to this. I can't- I won't let her come back to this." After a few moments of silence and failed attempts he was growing frustrated. He threw the towel to the floor and leaned against the toilet. Looking up at Kerry through puffy, red eyes, he started sobbing. "Harper tried to kill herself. And it's all my fault."

Kerry ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Pinewood Care Home
~ Cambridge Heath, London ~
Philip Stewart

1664930249895.pngPhil laughed as he followed his wife to the car, contemplating keeping her inside the room the rest of the night. With admiration in his eyes, he watched the love of his life as she prepared herself, though he thought she looked beautiful however she looked. If he were still a young man, he wouldn't have even waited to get to the hotel, but time had taught him patience and that all good things come to those who wait. He chewed his lip watching her, loving every chance he had to watch her.

Sarah, always on his wave length, knew exactly what he was thinking. One thing he loved most about her, she always spoke her mind, and he was happy for it right now. As he made his way around the car, he opened her door and helped her up, kissing her lightly again whispering to her, "Angel Face, you just read my mind. I will happily forfeit a night out for a night of nothing but you." He grinned, winking at her as he offered his arm to escort her inside. At the desk, he went ahead and got their room keys, a menu, and drinks from the bar to be sent up, including a bottle of champagne and a bowl of fresh strawberries. Seeing a familiar face with a sizeable pocket, the staff eagerly got to work while Phil found his way to the elevator with Sarah.

Once inside, he wrapped his arms around her, holding her back to his chest, just enjoying being near her. The move had been hard on them both with Philip spending more time than normal away from home and in empty hotel rooms. He normally wanted to be in his home, with his family, but tonight was an exception. Alone, with his other half, sounded even nicer. The elevator opened and he freed her from his arms, letting her walk ahead of him as they located their door. Inside was elegantly adorned and contained all the necessities, a large bed, a giant bath, and most importantly, quiet of any kiddos feet.

Running his hands from her shoulders down her arms, he kissed the back of her head and smiled. "Welcome home, love."

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Sarah

Last edited:
The Callahan House
Amy Capaldi

1662971140163.png
Amy found herself wanting to watch every move he made. His smile drew her in and made her want to kiss him again but the shyness got to her this time. It was like he lit up talking to her, and it made her feel like she was basking in his warmth. She had never felt anything like it. It was reassuring to hear him comforting her, making her smile bigger every time. Amy had never found someone that she felt drawn to before, so now that she was, she wanted more of it. She was already wanting to see him again but she hadn't even left. When he stood up, she reached for his crutches to hand them to him, but he beat her too it, bringing a giggle to her lips.

On the way to the door, he told her about dessert and Amy instantly became excited - much like Hattie had though she didn't realize it. "Dessert? Really?" At first she reminded herself they had already given her dinner and she mentally chided herself for being greedy for more. Still, he had offered right? Before she realized it, they were at the front door, Amy never having actually said yes to wanting dessert. Blushing, she looked at the door, then at him. Touching her fingers together again at the tip, she nodded towards the kitchen.

"I'll take you up on dessert if you'll let me call a cab home. It's a lot later than I realized, so maybe not the best idea to walk the rest of the way home." Convinced she'd come up with a good solution, she clapped her hands together and backed towards the kitchen, watching him as she went to see if he followed. She wrinkled her nose and waved teasingly, "You're mugs not ugly, thanks to me, so you best quit calling it that sir. I might start thinking you need those lip stitches after all."

@Bella:D - Brady

Sullivan's Pub

Leo & Aliana Sullivan
max-thieriot-1645831718.jpg

Leo listened intently to Conor explain what had been going on in his head lately. It sounded to him that his old man was struggling and had been going through it relatively alone. He couldn't help but wonder if there was something he could or could've done in the past couple of months to make him feel better about it. Leo had been aware of the things his father had done and while it led up to him being kidnapped and tortured, he didn't actively blame him for it. He wasn't that one who held a blade to Aliana's throat or waterboarded him in a dirty bucket. Leo believed Conor was doing the best he could considering the circumstances and couldn't be blamed for it... Well, all of it anyway.

When he went on to explain why he didn't like Adam dating Blake, Leo couldn't help but smile. Not at the situation, of course, but because he'd been on the receiving end of what happened when you messed about one of the McCarthy girls. The same protective instinct the man showed his sisters he showed Blake, Natasha, and Collin. So he wasn't surprised that he wouldn't want Adam dating Blake. However, he didn't think it to be a fair assessment. Leo himself didn't exactly have the cleanest of records when it came to his love life either. Yet he wasn't being warned off dating Natasha. Maybe it was because Leo was his son, but either way, he believed that Adam was good for Blake. But of course, he wasn't going to get the opportunity to voice his opinion any time soon.

hannah-john-kamen-296946-1639414426748-promo.700x0c.jpg

Ali threw her arm over the back of her chair, waiting for Conor to answer her question. She glanced down at the bloody rag and the bruise slowly forming on his face and narrowed her eyes. Ali listened to him explain what happened between himself and Adam. She couldn't help but glance at Leo when he mentioned the cabin incident. The way he looked still haunted her dreams at not, what ifs constantly going through her mind. She tried her best to shove the thoughts away and instead turned to Conor. "That's all that was about then," she asked, eyebrows raised. Her gut was telling her that it wasn't just the incident at the cabin that had him feeling the way he had. "Nothing else at all?" Ali waited a moment or two before leaning forward. "Because, for some reason, I find it hard to believe that he'd sock you in the face over an evaluation. So you want to stop fucking me around and tell me the truth?"

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Sketchy Casino
Marco Jimenez
ea1dba64439515318ce497d77408f812.jpg
Marco couldn't help but let out a brief chuckle at her excitement. He didn't think the current trope of women dancing on stage was exciting in the slightest. Not even when they'd first come up with the show. But it was still nice to see how excitable she was about it. He'd let her choose what they did and where they went - Michelle guiding him from behind all the way to the bar. He kept a protective hand placed on her hip once they reached the crowded by. Though he was taking her out for an enjoyable night away from the dramatic world of her family, Marco still wanted to uphold his duty in keeping her safe. Otherwise, he thought, Conor would have his balls. And he was quite attached to them.

Michelle spoke to him, Marco looking down at her while leaning against the bar counter. He chuckled at her and shook his head. "Perhaps, bebita, but I only drink them when I'm out a need to be alert. Whereas you probably drink them because it's not really tequila," he teased, insinuating she wasn't the type to be able to truly handle alcohol. He tilted his glass up to her, a smirk on his face before taking a sip. She then suggested the two of them go over to a poker table. Marco glanced behind him, taking note of those who sat at the table. They were men he recognized as frequently coming into the casino. Not too rowdy, he thought, which was perfect. Turning back to face Michelle he shrugged. "Sure. They look to be in the middle of a game, however, so why don't I entertain you until then, hm?"

Marco was definitely putting on the charm. Not because he was trying to take her home and get in her pants either. He found Michelle attractive and a lot more free-spirited than some of the women he'd come across lately. How that was with a father like Conor Sullivan, he didn't understand, but he definitely wanted to. "So, Michelle," he started, tapping his fingers along the countertop. "How is it, you know Spanish, hm? Your father is Irish, no?" His head tilted, further showing his curiosity. "Though I guess you could've taught yourself, but I feel Spanish is not that useful in places such as Australia."

Michelle ( BasDorcha BasDorcha )

Storybook Art Gallery
~Uppereast Side, Manhattan~
Elvian Moretti & Ava Snowden
Angelina-Jolie-for-Hia-Magazine-September-2021-angelina-jolie-44109971-1080-1080.jpg
Ava wanted nothing more than to shrivel up and die at that moment. Not only was Klaus getting a front-row seat to the person she'd been hiding back in London, but now her in-laws knew what she'd been getting into back in London. She didn't know why she didn't want them to know about Klaus; maybe because she felt like it'd be too soon for her to be sleeping with other people. Judging by the look on Gabriel's face she was sure he was chastising her for it. She put her arms behind her back, hiding the picking she was doing of her fingertips. It was something she hadn't done since she was a child - her subconscious mind suddenly picking the habit back up.

Klaus then stated he was there for a conference momentarily confusing Ava. What sort of conference did cops have to attend, she wondered. However, before she had a chance to question him on it he said something that damn near made her heart leap out of her chest. It showed on her face, too. Eyebrows shooting up, the twitch of her lips as she tried to keep the giddy smile from growing on them. "Nice to see that face of yours hasn't gotten you in trouble," she teased, trying to ground herself but failing. "It's nice to see you as well." She wanted so badly to show him - to really tell him how great it was but she couldn't. Not while her in-laws were around.
depositphotos_16613441-stock-photo-catherine-zeta-jones.jpg

Elvian, however, picked up on this and while it was nice to see her daughter-in-law happy, it did sting a bit. Not too long ago it was Marcus standing there, making her look the way she did. And now, it was this man she knew nothing about. Her smile faltered as she tried to maintain her composure, clearing her throat. "Well, now we know why Ava's been raving about London," she teased, though she'd failed to hide the bitter undertone. Ava also noticed this and parted her lips to speak but before she could, she turned to Valentina. "Sorry, darling, but do you mind coming with me to the ladies' room? This dress was a struggle to put on," she told her, excusing herself from the group. Ava wanted so desperately to go after her, but she couldn't bring herself to leave Klaus and Wesley alone with Gabriel - who'd just asked the very question she'd been wondering about as well...

Wesley's accent didn't go missed by anyone, either. She was aware of the struggles and the war going on between the Italians and the Irish. Though she knew that not everyone in Ireland was related to each other, she sure fucking hoped he definitely wasn't. She let out a genuine chuckle finding Wesley's shindig comment to be funny. "Well, not every place in New York is quite as nice as this - my bar surely isn't," she joked, eyes landing on Klaus' once more. The last time they were in a bar, she thought, things had gotten interesting. As the memory replayed in her mind, her eyebrow raised on its own and there was a faraway look in her eyes. Could they recreate that? Well, he was in New York now so it was definitely possible. Maybe even at her bar after closing. Her place? What if they did it in the Galleria? What if-

Remembering where she was and who she was surrounded by Ava blinked a few times to steady herself. Gabriel continued the conversation asking where it was Wesley hailed from, but Ava just couldn't take her eyes nor her mind off of Klaus. Which was particularly bad considering the nature of her show. And in just a few minutes she would have to make the big reveal over her latest painting... Something she was definitely nervous about doing now that Klaus had surprised her at her show. Nervous didn't even begin to explain how she felt just then, trying to calm herself down.

Wesley, Klaus ( Bellz Bellz )
Val, Gabe ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

~ Tower Hamlets, London~
Darcey Hargraves & Erik Snowden
f52d7bbf13c726e200323aaab39d143c28a059b0.gif

It wasn't until the doctor approached them that Darcey had been able to finally pull herself together. They were all hurting, she understood that, but there was nothing tears were going to do at this moment. They'd stopped the moment he walked up to them and she stood next to Bruce with hope in her eyes. Bruce's arm around her waist was comforting as she wrapped her arm around his arm. The doctor introduced himself and though she wanted to be polite, Darcey couldn't exactly say she gave a shit about his name just then. She just wanted to know that Harper was going to be okay - that she was going to survive this. She hated the suspense that seemed to linger in the air but when the doctor spoke it seemed to settle.

He informed them that they'd both managed to stop the bleeding and pump the drugs out of her system. Darcey let out a sigh of relief, despite it being clear that the man had more to reveal to them. Just as quickly as the tears had started to stop they started up again. "Wha-What do you mean," Darcey asked through a broken sob. "You just said you fixed her and now- now you're saying she isn't really fixed? She isn't better?" Darcey couldn't wrap her mind around what she was being told. Either she was okay or she wasn't - she didn't understand what was so hard about telling them which one it was. Fortunately, the doctor managed to put it into better words that she'd understand; Harper needed to fight. It was all up to her again and that thought alone scared her. If she couldn't fight the demons that caused her to get here, was she even strong enough to fight Death?

Harper laying in another hospital bed was something that Darcey didn't think she'd ever see again; at least, not in this connotation. She tried to keep her focus between Harper and Bruce - who looked like he was getting worse by the minute. In the end, it was Harper that grabbed and held her attention. Darcey walked to the other side of her bed, letting Bruce have his space before he backed away. She tried to keep her sobs in, stroking her hair and pressing her forehead against hers. "Listen to me," she started, choking back her tears. "You have to come back to us, okay? Whatever's going on in that heard of yours - whatever is trying to keep you there - please, Harper, please." Darcey was aware that there was a possibility that the young woman couldn't even hear her but she had to try. She had to do whatever it took to convince her to wake up. If that doctor was right and this was a battle that Harper needed to fight, Darcey was going to encourage her. Darcey kissed Harper's forehead and when she turned to look around, she noticed Bruce leaving.

She followed him out, placing a soft hand on Spencer's shoulder as she walked past him. "I've got him," she reassured, wiping the tears from her face. Once out in the corridor Darcey walked quickly to catch up to Bruce. She placed her hand on his back noticing him walking strangely. "Bruce," she said, worry in her voice, "Are you-," she was taken aback as he suddenly collapsed on the floor, sliding against the wall. She did her best to make sure he didn't just outright slam into the floor, kneeling down with him. He was clutching at his chest and Darcey's eyes suddenly grew wide with realization. "No, no, no, no," she begged, scrambling to stand to her feet. "I can't-," she looked around, not wanting to just leave Bruce by himself but realizing she had to if she were going to find help. "Brucey, just hold on I'm gonna-," she didn't even finish her sentence before she ran a bit further down the corridor, a doctor leaving another room. She grabbed his arm and forced him to follow her as she explained what was gone. "I think," she gasped, "I think he's having a heart attack."

tumblr_inline_pslsnuFBQQ1rqq37j_400.gifv

Meanwhile, Erik was trying to process what Billy was telling him. It was all jumbled and nothing he was saying had made any sense. It wasn't until those words - "I should've been there more," - had left his lips that Erik understood exactly what had happened. "Oh, Bill," he said, his hold around the man getting tighter. Erik had gone through a lot of different things in his life, the majority of them negative in every way possible. However, he had never gone through what Billy and the others had been going through right then. He didn't know how to comfort him other than to hold his boyfriend in his arms.

The two of them moved to sit. Erik was just about to ask Billy a question when Jeremy began to read out a note. It was obvious, based on the beginning what such a note had been written for. Erik just rubbed Billy's back in comfort while looking down at the ground. It wasn't until the man had gotten to the section written for Billy that he looked up. Harper had commented on their relationship, stating that the two of them were lovely together and Erik found himself tearing up. The two of them hadn't been as close as he was with Billy - no one was - but the few times that they'd hung out he enjoyed her company. Erik found Harper to be much like that first sip of tea you'd have in the morning. The warmth that flowed through you and just made everything better. There weren't a whole lot of people who could make him feel such a way upon first meeting but Harper had definitely set the bar.

However, that wasn't Erik's purpose right then. He couldn't let his emotions take over. He couldn't break down in tears. He needed to be there for Billy. It was his turn to break down in tears and hurt and be emotional. And just as Erik was about pull Billy in even closer he kissed him. In public. Erik was sure that it was because he was overflowing with emotions, but he didn't care. Ever since the day they'd been caught by Bruce and Spencer, Erik lost all hope in Billy ever wanting to be more public with their relationship. And he understood and accepted that, but it didn't mean it didn't hurt. He and Billy were two completely different people when it came to caring about what others thought of them. Erik didn't. No one would ever make him feel less than because of who he was and how he felt. Billy didn't think that way. He worried all the time and it was one of the reasons Erik had fallen in love with him. But now. Now it seemed like he didn't care.

Erik returned his kiss in kind before he broke away, pressing his forehead against Billy's. With his hand placed on the back of his neck he kept him close. "She's gonna be okay, Bill. Yeah? She's gonna be alright and this whole night will just be a forgotten memory." Erik could hear the doctor walking into the room and speaking with Darcey and Bruce. Their feet then began to recede down the hallway. "You wanna go up and see her?"
Bruce, Billy ( Pyroclast Pyroclast )
Spencer ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

The Hospital... Again
~Bethnal Green, London~
Maeve Thatcher

1664752559049-png.1027794
As their conversation progressed, May and Trevor had a deeper conversation than she had ever considered having a chance to have with him. They both had misty eyes, both sharing a variety of emotions. When he asked her to tell him about why she came to London, she had nodded, indicating at another time she would tell him, though tonight was not the night for it. Too much was going on, too much was already hurting and more depressing talk was not going to do any of them any good.

Hearing him say he wanted to get to know her caused the tears on the edge of falling to cascade over, silently agreeing again that she would like that. He picked up easily that May was feeling uncomfortable herself, and all the emotions now both good and bad were hitting her. It was overwhelming to say the least. She took a deep breath trying to stop herself from crying, focusing on keeping the tears at bay. She knew that the King's would have welcomed her over there, but as she was still so new to… everything it felt wrong still to try and force her involvement. And everyone was busy enough that no one seemed to be noticing her - not that she was mad about it.

The arm around her finally gave her permission to cry, and for a moment she leaned against him and sobbed quietly. She felt so alone tonight and suddenly she didn't feel so anymore, it was like a damn was released. She wiped her face, sniffling gently. Sitting back down, this time next to him, she took a moment to calm herself. She wasn't sure if it was the pregnancy hormones, the fact she was just tired of not having a backbone, or the imminent danger to Harper, but she was feeling every emotion at once, and was struggling to process them all.

"Um… I work for Darcey as a personal assistant. I use to work at the Mercury, but, well, you know what happened with that. I mean, I'm glad I don't work at Mercury, it wouldn't be a good place to work with the pregnancy and all, and I like it. I'm pretty good with numbers and books and stuff. Always thought it was only good for cards and making sure the drawer was right, or alleviating some overly paid folks of my tips, but it turns out Darcey thinks otherwise. I'm glad she did, it's a lot better than a rowdy crowd on a Friday night." May sat back next to him, unintentionally leaning towards him as she tried talking herself into a calmer state.

@Misty Gray - Trevor

Last edited:

In the Accident
~Past~ 18th May, 1956

~Present~ 7th September, 1985

1664951479557.pngJeremy sat in the hospital corridor, waiting for others in her family to visit with her as he knew he couldn’t take up all of her time. As he sat there, flashbacks of her apartment when him and Alex cleaned it kept strobing in his mind. He leaned back in his chair, his head resting against the cool walls, trying to block them out. He was so tired, so exhausted. He had been giving everything he had to Harper, and it still hadn’t been enough. Not only had he given her all the love he could, but he had been putting all his energy into remaining strong for her. It may not have seemed like it on the outside, but it had taken a lot of his energy and mental exertion to maintain a positive exterior, unaffected by outside influences. The toll of keeping them a secret when he just wanted to make their love known, the stress of keeping secrets from his best friend and his boss, but also making sure that she ate, drank, showered, slept, moved… Any of it. He had devoted every minute of every day to taking care of her, well beyond what his job description implied even if it was his choice to do it.

The sadness he felt inside was growing, he wasn’t sure he could ever stop blaming himself. There had to be something more he could do, a step he didn’t take, a question he answered wrong, something. Tears stung his eyes as the thoughts played on repeat in his head, over and over. Harper wanted to leave, to leave him, when she was the only thing in this world he had found worth living for. He loved the King’s, but if he died tomorrow, they’re lives would go on and he’d eventually be replaced. If Harper died tomorrow, his whole existence would be affected. He knew, logically, that there was sometimes nothing you could do for people who were this depressed, even when you gave them everything you could daily, they just got trapped in their heads, but all the emotions inside him screamed of guilt and despair.

After staring at the ceiling for god knows how long, Jeremy began to doze off, sleep forcefully coming to him as he tried to stay awake, but his body shut down on him. As he drifted deeper, dreams started appearing, a strange mixture of past and present. He was a small child in the back seat of his parents' spacious Volkswagen, the sky dark and the lights from the car brightening the front of the car just enough he could make out the people in the front seat. When he looked up to see his mother and father, he was shocked, seeing Harper and himself instead. He was telling himself to sit down and quit pitching a whole fit before he pulled the car over and whooped him. His mom was frustrated and angry from the passenger seat, only it was Harper. She was arguing with him about talking such a way to his child, and then turned on the backseat and advised that if Jeremy didn’t start acting right, he’d be grounded the rest of the week.

1664950870569.pngJeremy couldn’t help it, he screamed and kicked his feet, tired from being in the car, feeling like it would last forever, and ready to get out. Harper just sighed, lighting a cigarette as his father turned around, swatting his hand. Jeremy looked up, seeing himself veering from the road. Harper screamed, but there was no sound, himself turning back to look at the lack of road before him as he jerked the wheel. They began to tumble, glass flashing around him, and suddenly he was in Harper’s bathroom, staring at the broken and bloody glass scattered everywhere. This time a cry filled the air, and he could hear Harper begging for help.

He looked for her everywhere, but the moment he stepped into the kitchen where he knew she must be, it switched back to the accident, Jeremy coming awake as he hung from the seat belt in the passenger seat. He clicked it loose, tumbling to the ground into the glass. In the front, his father was not breathing, not moving, and looked crushed into his seat. It had hit on that corner of the car and folded it like tinfoil. Harper hung from the front seat, blood rushing down her face and arm’s from a large shard of glass impaled into her chest. She reached for Jeremy, trying to touch him. “Je… Jeremy…”

1664951432229.pngHer voice was broken and barely above a whisper, and Jeremy knew she was dying and he couldn’t stop it. He was watching both is mother and his love dying, his mind mingling them into one person, his own self already gone. Watching himself lay motionless in the front swept a wave of nausea through him. He crawled forward over the broken glass and jagged metal of the roof grabbing her hand, the blood slick against her skin. “We… We love you… Jeremy.” She squeezed his hand as he grabbed her, but seconds later, she was gone.

The dream shifted back to the present, Harper’s apartment and her laying on the couch, pale and blue at the same time, barely breathing. When her voice came out, it merely repeated what she had said in the car, that she loved him. Jeremy screwed his eyes shut, trying to block out what he was seeing only his mind wouldn’t let him. When he opened them again, he was still in the car, filling with smoke, the burn hurting his lungs. He looked around, seeing the back windshield had busted out. He crawled out, gashing his clothes and limbs alike against it.

Just as he got to the trees line ahead of him, behind him he could hear the crackle of fire. With no way to call, miles from a town, Jeremy sat there watching the car burn until a car stopped up on the road. In no time, cops were streaming, assessing the situation, and taking him into custody for child protective services. No matter where he went, what they said, who asked the question, he said nothing. Jeremy swore he’d never watch someone he loved die again without doing everything in his power to save them. Only now, he was watching Harper and it was completely out of his hands.

With a bit off a sharp cry, Jeremy sat up, tears streaming down his face. Thankfully, no one but the nurses seen him, his hands moving to cover his face, rubbing away the errant tears. For the first time in his life, Jeremy bowed his head, and prayed.

Harper King's Apartment
~ Bethnal Green, London ~

Kerry Patrick

1664641077492-png.1027322
Kerry followed Alex's gaze back to the blood on the tiles. When he repeated that he couldn't get the stains off from the floor, she anticipated his next move and pulled her hand away from his shoulder just in time for him to continue vigorously trying to wipe the floor clean with the towel. His words saying 'she' couldn't return home to the mess made it clear that Harper was the one who was hurt. "Okay..." Kerry gently began, quickly closing her mouth as Alex threw the towel down and he instead leaned back against the toilet. As soon as he began sobbing, Kerry rushed down to his side, managing to avoid the blood as she sat herself down on the floor next to him.

Just as she was about to put a comforting arm around him, Alex revealed that Harper had tried to commit suicide. There was suddenly a lump in Kerry's throat as she froze in that moment to process what she'd been told. It took a lot for her to force back her own upset at hearing her friend had tried to kill herself. She knew things had been tough for Harper, even to the point she had stated therapy with Maddox, but she didn't realise things had got so bad. Whilst all she wanted to do was break down in tears and seek reassurance Harper was going to be okay, the fact that Alex was beside her and devastated gave Kerry the need to stay strong for him. Kerry put her arm around Alex and tried to pull him in close as her side. She moved her free hand to hold Alex's arm, giving his bicep a gentle squeeze to try reassure him she was there.

"Is... is she going to be okay?" Kerry asked Alex. She didn't need to ask how Harper had tried to kill herself; the sight around her giving enough of an idea. As he fretted about his sister coming home to the mess, Kerry lifted her hand from his arm and reached up to cup his cheek in her hand, moving in closer to kiss the side of his head. "She won't. We will get everything clean before she comes home." As Alex continued sobbing, Kerry pulled him in close to her, allowing him to press into her chest as his chin rested on her shoulder. Resting a hand on the back of his head and one on his upper back, she rubbed between his shoulder blades to reassure him she was there. "It's not your fault, Alex," she firmly told him, tears no running down her own cheeks. "Harper's had a lot going on and she's been struggling for some time now. This is not your fault - you mustn't talk like that." Pulling away, she reached up to cup his face with both hands so she could look him in the eyes. "This isn't your fault," she gently repeated to him, using her thumbs to wipe his tears from his cheeks. "What we've got to do is look forward. Whether it's cleaning the apartment or deciding how we can help Harper so she doesn't feel that way again." Kerry leaned in and kiss forehead. "I'll be right here with you to help. I love you, Alex," she gently assured him.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Alex)

Trevor Stewart

Trevor wasn't sure how much of the hug with May was helping him manage his own emotions as well as trying to help his newfound daughter with hers. The last few hours had been a lot to take in. From visiting his sick mother and then having a breakthrough with his brother, to then finding Harper in such a state that her life for a time had literally been in his hands. And now, as he was in the tense hospital waiting room, he'd just found out that he had another daughter. It was all a lot to take in and he was finding it a challenge to face it all head on. Having in the past been a man who would have removed himself from the stress and responsibility long before now, it was even a shock to himself at how much he was taking on. He was managing to stay true to his word about being a better man - therefore not being selfish or a cowardly.

When May moved to sit back down, Trevor did the same, returning to his seat beside her. He looked ahead for a moment, allowing the silence to sit for a brief time as they both clearly weighed up everything that was going on. He then turned back to May as she began to answer his question about what she did for a living. It had been a way for him to try distract her and calm her down for a time, but also served to let him learn at least something about the young woman he'd just been told was his daughter.

May told him she worked for Darcey, having previously been employed at the nightclub before the explosion. He was about to make a comment about how shocking it was that the nightclub had been destroyed in such a way, but he was taken by surprise when May mentioned her pregnancy. His mind was stuck on that revelation even though he was still able to take in what she was saying about being good with numbers and books. He couldn't help but smile when she mentioned how her skills had been used to fix card games or tips. That was certainly something they had in common, even if not necessarily used for the right reason. "I'm good with numbers too. Just sold my own car sales business when I left Watford, but I'm a pretty good hand when it comes to betting and card games. Try to keep it to a minimum these days, mind you," he added. "If Darcey's got you using your skills for something more focused and less risky, then that's a good thing," he encouraged. "You not into the rowdy nights out then, Maeve?" he curiously asked. "Admittedly, I couldn't get enough of them back when I was younger. I was a sucker for that nightlife, but that didn't end up a good thing, so I don't blame you wanting to stay away from it."

Trevor noticed May had leaned closed to him as she tried to stay calm. He couldn't help but go back to what she had said moments ago. He figured it would be well-known amongst the Kings that she was pregnant, especially given how it had naturally slipped into what she was saying to him. "So..." he began, turning to look at May. "You're having a kid... Is this your first?" he curiously asked. In a moment of rare uncertainty for him, he wondered how many questions was too many. Still, if she was his daughter, then she was having his grandchild. As far as he was aware, that would be his third. "Who's the father? Sorry... you don't have to answer if I'm overstepping the mark," he reassured her.

BasDorcha BasDorcha

The Sullivans Pub

Conor Sullivan

1662938318906-png.1021295
When Aliana asked him if the fight was just about his assessment of how Adam had dealt with the cabin situation, Conor could see by her raised eyebrow that she wasn't buying that being the only reason behind it. He couldn't help but smirk when she persisted to ask him if there was nothing else behind it. "You're too suspicious, love." he muttered. Clearly, she believed there was more to it. As she leaned forward, Conor let out a sigh. His wife went on to point out that it was hard to believe a fight would have kicked off based on simply an evaluation over an employee's work. "What can I say? Adam can't handle the criticism. I guess he's just not used to it," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

Of course, as he looked to Leo, he knew his son knew otherwise and that there was more to it. Along with Aliana telling him to stop fucking around and be honest, he know he was pretty much backed into a corner. "Alright. Look. He couldn't handle me bringing up Blake and the fact he'd risked his life without considering how she'd feel if he got killed. He went running into danger and Blake could have been getting a call or knock at the door telling her another bloke she cared about was dead."

Conor grabbed his pint glass and took a long drink before setting it down on the table. "At the end of the day, Blake deserves better. Adam's a great bloke, he's spot on when it comes to the job and I'd trust him to lead any mission - to protect this family. But the man's spent his whole like fucking around, screwing random women and never settling down. I don't think Blake needs him messing her about; not after it's taken her so long to move on from Jackson."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo, Aliana)

Oak Tree Restaurant
Michelle Romano

1663142189813.png
At the bar, Michelle looked down as she felt his hand on her hip. She perked an inquisitive eyebrow at him, but allowed it to rest, for now. She understood that while some of it was bound to happen with the two of them drinking and going on, he was also going to do his best to make sure her father didn't catch him slipping up while on duty. That would have been a rather unpleasant conversation to have. When he leaned over and insinuated that she couldn't hold her liquor, Michelle looked rightly offended. "I will have you know sir, I could out shoot you on rounds of tequila all night long. Maybe you should try asking me out when you're not working, that way you don't have any excuses."

There was some sass and a whiplash of confidence in the way she spoke, turning back to the bartended to order one of said drinks, waiting as Marco examined the room like it was going to explode suddenly and come crashing down around them, beams and all. Luckily for her, he must have x-ray eyes, because it didn't take long for him to agree to it. Nodding, she agreed to let him entertain her as she listened to him but watched the dancing girls on stage. She had never seen a live show like this, but nothing about it bothered her, and she could - quietly - see the art behind it.

"Yes Marco," she chirped back faux mocking him with a grin. "Si, my father is Irish, but my mother. She's Italiana. After the espectáculo de mierda of an event between my father and her when I was a little older than ten, Mama moved to Portugal. I spent most of my life there. Sure I came back for holidays and fiesta's, celebracions, los gustos, but most of it was right there in Lisbon. I learned from the culture there, the amigas I made and school of course." She looked confused when he asked about Australia, then laughed a light laugh. "Australia is where my ex-husband ran away to so my father wouldn't come after him for cheating on me." A shadow of sadness passed over her, but thankfully the drinks arrived and she quickly tossed back her shot.

"Mmm, what about you? No es ningún secreto que tú tampoco perteneces aquí, ¿verdad? England is not a place for weeds that need lots of warmth. Though, maybe that's what you're looking for. Some luz de sol to brighten your life"

The Hospital... Again
~Bethnal Green, London~
Maeve Thatcher

1665130821415.pngThe time from yesterday when she woke up until now seemed like some kind of mad, insane dream. Yesterday she woke up with love on her mind, a chance to sing and play at the bar, and a sister who was alive and well. Within less than 48 hours everything had tumbled like broken glass to the floor. There were so many pieces, she forgot where all of them went at this moment, and in her lapse, hadn't even realized that she told Trevor she was pregnant, and didn't realize it at first. "Don't get me wrong, I love a night here and there, but I grew up in a bar, so it's not exactly my favorite place to be." There was a very small chuckle in there as she realized had she not be as exposed to it as she had been, she very likely would have turned out just like her father and her mother. "I am glad to be doing something calmer though, and to do something that involves using my head and not…" She awkwardly waved to her face and body. "Grabby drunk dudes who don't know when to stop."

It wasn't until he actually brought up that she was having a baby that her eyes widened and her mouth gaped in surprise. "OH. I-I didn't realize I had even said anything… Only Harper and Jeremy know right now… Well and the doctor. I just found out…confirmed I mean…before dinner." A sad smile touched her lips. "Not so much going how I planned so far. The doctor warned me a few weeks ago it sounded like symptoms but I didn't listen. I guess I was hoping I wasn't really turning out like my mother." Another weak smile, her hands twisting together and tucking between her knees.

Today, what a fucking day. A genuine full laugh came to her lips when he asked who the father was. A crimson blush came to her cheeks was graced with a broad smile. "That Scottish bloke what's been stalking you." This was followed by another laugh, May covering her face with one hand and trying to fan it with the other. She didn't know why it was so extremely funny at this moment, but just the fact that it was the one and same seemed amusing to her. Finally taking a deep breath, tears still on her face but slowly drying, she was for one moment just Regular May. Bumping her shoulder against his, the smile dropping a bit as the immediate euphoria wore off and the sadness rushed back, she nudged him.

"His name is Christian, he's a good guy. He… He protected me last night from this stupid fuckin' stalker at All Jazzed Up. If he hadn't been there.." She shrugged. "Well, let's just say I'm glad he was. Yes, he's my first. Or she. I don't know. I haven't even had a chance to think about it much with the way last night went still hanging over me this morning, then all the positive test this morning, dinner…" Her eyes looked up and lingered on the doors where Harper was at, saying another silent prayer for her. She just wanted her to make it out of this, she was going to need her sister around. "I know it's no big deal for a single woman to be pregnant, but as long as I'm better than Mam I'll be doing something right. What about you…how did you feel finding out spontaneously you had another kid? Maybe you can prepare me for Christian's reaction." She crinkled her nose teasingly, that quiet smile still pulling at her lips.

---

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Trevor

Somewhere between Life and Death...

stock-photo-bleeding-hand-blood-print-grey.jpeg
Shooting out of her bed, Harper gasped awake. When she turned to see if Jeremy was in his usual spot, she found it was empty. For some reason, her heart dropped into her stomach, a feeling as if she was free falling. "Jeremy?" Harper called, her voice hoarse as she moved to get out of bed. No one answered as she started walking to the door of her bedroom. Walking through it, she noticed the guest bathroom door was open and when she caught the sight of blood, Harper felt ill immediately. "Help...me..."A woman's voice called out and Harper followed the trail of blood to find herself propped up in the kitchen. The slash marks on her wrists were bleeding profusely but the Harper before her didn't scream in pain like she would have assumed. Instead, she looked at her terrified, starting to try to drag herself away.

Harper moved forward and this time herself screamed to get away, asking why she would do this to her. Harper was confused, what had she done? She just woke up! But then when she looked down, she could see the blood on her hands, the giant glass shard from the bottle of alcohol she and Billy shared covered in blood as well. "I didn't mean-" The words were choked back as if her mind wouldn't allow her to say that she didn't mean to do it because it would be a lie. Instead, it made her lurch forward like a predator, stalking the helpless Harper on the floor. The woman let out a scream she was sure she'd never get out of her head but before Harper could advance on her anymore, her form changed, still bleeding but now Harper was staring at a younger version of herself. Her 10-year-old self was staring wide-eyed at her now, crying heavy sobs that it wracked through her small body. In her arms, was a blood-soaked stuffed rabbit, Mr. Flops.

"P-please...d-don't...h-h-hurt...m-me." The girl stuttered out and while Harper wanted to stop, her legs wouldn't stop moving. "PLEASE!" The girl screamed but Harper was already pulling herself up from the collar, lifting the light child up with ease as she screamed. Harper's bottom lip trembled, looking into her own eyes as she held the shard of glass up, ready to finish her off. But just as she went to plunge the shard into the girl's chest, the form changed back to her present self and the woman grabbed the shard, twisting it out of Harper's hand before plunging it into her.

b7ee5b401b8850046e57db80f936bb8b.jpeg
Before she could even slide to the ground, the scene changed. When she found herself sitting at a table, the woman's hands went to her chest, trying to feel the blood, pain, anything. Harper's heart should have been thrumming her chest, should have been aching...anything. But she couldn't feel a thing.

When she looked back up, a man's face stared at her from across the table. His face was like stone, unmoving, his brown dark eyes looking at her as if he could see through her. "Harper." He finally said, causing the woman to freeze. It had a familiar voice to it. "W-where am I?" She asked, looking around the all-white walled room. It was empty but it seemed to go on forever and ever. "Where you belong." The man answered, his voice pleasant in a way that made Harper feel chilled as if he was pleased to tell her where she was and that it was a place he felt she truly belonged.

"This is known as the Mid. A place not quite in what you believe to be Heaven and not quite in a place that you believe to be Hell. A place for reflection and redemption. Reminders and retribution. You have yet to let go of your bodily form in order to go through judgment. So you are here, to decide whether it's best for you to continue on or let go." The brunette watched her face with disinterest, though his voice continued to sound pleasant. It was as if he were the very definition of Middle ground. A confusing and eye-opening place to be, one that could lead you down the wrong path if not careful. That sweet tone was just as deceiving as the all-too-pure white walls.

"I don't believe in that bullshit," Harper growled out, clearly irritated as she tried to stand from her seat. The chair fell back, only for it to melt into the floor below her, slowly like stepping in quicksand. Her feet were sinking as well, the floor slowly eating away at her legs as she looked at the man. Any cries for help couldn't be made, as if she was being choked. "We'll make a believer out of you yet." The man's voice was pleasant as if telling her to have a nice day as she was sucked under.

well-hospital-chen-superJumbo.jpeg
A hospital PA system had her second-guessing her surroundings. Was she okay?? Harper felt herself, hands grasping at her chest. It felt real enough. All of it did. What the hell-

"I think," Darcey said in a panicked voice, "I think he's having a heart attack." Harper had always been sensitive to...energies shifting. Too perceptive for her own good. But this shift was more than that, her chest, which hadn't been able to feel anything was now feeling way too much. It was as if someone was squeezing her heart to the point of breaking. Looking around her, she caught sight of her Uncle. "Uncle Bruce?!" She cried out, though no one would be able to hear her as she stumbled to him. Seeing him on the floor, Harper's legs gave out before him, her hands and knees smacking against the tile. The Doctor and Darcey didn't even notice her, not able to within the plane she was on. Harper had never seen her Uncle look so...vulnerable. "Hey hey hey, it's okay. Look, I'm right here. See?" Harper reached out a hand to caress his cheek. The chest pain she was feeling started to get worse and worse and Harper found herself clutching at it. "Please help him! I love you, please, I promise! Just don't go! I'm going to come back, I'm gonna make this right!" No one could hear her and despite knowing she wasn't blocking anyone, the woman shuffled back until her back hit the wall on the other side of the hall.

17-Obvious-Ways-to-Improve-Patient-Experience-in-a-Hospital-Waiting-Room-.jpeg
Before she could catch her breath, the wall grabbed her, pulling her through it as if her hands were grabbing her. Unceremoniously she was dropped into the waiting room and when she looked around she only saw a few faces. But the one face she saw all by himself - Jeremy. The pain in her chest was now replaced with a hollow feeling that she was familiar with. It hit her like a splash of cold water, making her lower lip tremble as she stumbled towards him. The woman watched him rub at his eyes and she wanted to kiss all the tears away. What stopped her was when he bowed his head, clearly starting to pray.

No one in the family was a praying type of person, no one. Suddenly she heard his voice in her head, causing her to wince. It wasn't as clear as the PA system speaker, but like a shaky, breathless whisper...as if he was using all the oxygen he had left for it. The words were broken, scattered just like he looked and Harper felt all of the pain. Once again, she was grasping at her chest, the heart that hadn't been working only moments ago suddenly sputtering to life and squeezing the life out of her in its despair.

Harper staggered forward, kneeling in front of her boyfriend as he prayed. "Jere...look at me, please. If someone could see me, it'd be you. Please?" Harper's hand reached out to swipe hair from his face, but it didn't move. Panic was rising in her throat now, wondering if this is where she'd be stuck forever. "You have to know I'm here. You have to, you can't give up on me. Like...Like...I gave up on you. All of you." She could feel his warmth right there, but she didn't get the right to touch him for comfort anymore. She didn't have the right to be there for the ones she loved because she had selfishly tried to take her own life. While the pain for her might have been confirmed, the act of suicide was selfish. "I'm here, damn it. Just look at me, baby, please? I love you, please believe me." Her desperate voice sounded like broken radio waves, static as she moved to sit down on the chair beside him.

download (1).jpeg
Once again, she was pulled into it and where she landed was the very hospital room where her body was currently laying. The number of wires hooked to her, the breathing tube, made her tense. Spencer's voice mentioning his Dick Van Dyke impression made her feel the desperation in his voice, in his head. Turning, she saw him, Shona, and little Eddie all bundled up with her brother leaning against his wife for support. The sight made her tearful as she momentarily looked away from her earthly form. When she did return to look at herself, she couldn't help the shameful expression that formed on her face. No one was around to see it, no one would understand the regret. That in itself was her own personal hell.

"Well you're a smart little thing, aren't you?" The man who had been talking to her in the white room appeared suddenly in the corner, watching her with a neutral expression. "It would appear you have made up your own mind on where you would like to be. Rather than waste away in eternity watching the very consequences of your actions play out, you'd rather live to tell the tale of regret. How noble." His voice had a bit of bitterness to it as if he was wanting her to choose the former. "It won't be the same you know." He added to which Harper looked away from her body to him now, face scrunching up in confusion. "None of what you've done will go without consequences, even if you decide to fight and return. There will always be consequences."

Harper watched him closely, wondering what he was getting at and if he was trying to coax her into staying. "I don't want it to be the same." She finally said, looking to her body as she walked towards it slowly. The pull of her former self was undeniable as she drew closer and closer. "We all make choices...we all can choose a path, but we can't choose the consequences that come with them. And whatever those may be, I'd rather face them with my family and my friends."

The mystery man's lips curved into a slight smirk, "Don't say I didn't warn you." It was his parting gift as Harper reached out to touch her own hand. That's when everything went dark...

Harper's left hand hooked to the I.V. twitched ever so slightly, fingers curling as if trying to grab onto something.
mentions: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Misty Gray Misty Gray Pyroclast Pyroclast BasDorcha BasDorcha

A Peaceful Place
~ Corfu Town, Corfu ~

Savannah Callahan and Damian Nicolosi

094a9c4c43822be347067600ac97bf7f-jpg.1021296
As instructed, Damian carried Callum to the boat where he would wait for Jeff to switch places. He was careful carrying the kid, knowing the aim of the plan was to get the boy back to the Kings and in one piece. Gabriel had been very clear about Callum not being hurt. Placing the kid safely inside the boat, Damian retrieved the ropes Teddy had requested him to bring once he swapped places with Jeff to return to the beach house.

When Teddy pulled his gun out on her, Savannah's sobs only intensified as her anguish over Callum being taken from her was mixed with the fear of being killed. "Please..." she tearfully whispered. She was led to the living room where Jeff had Danny at gunpoint. Teddy stepped into the gunman's place, ordering him to go to the boat to watch over Callum so Damian could return to the beach house. When Damian returned, he tied Savannah's and Danny's hands behind their backs, and their feet together so neither could get up and follow after them.

The rope around Savannah's wrist hadn't been tied securely enough, so when Teddy, Tatiana and Damian were just approaching the the boat, Savannah ran out after them. Damian, unsurprised Savannah had escaped, gladly turned and fired two shots at the blonde woman, bullets ripping into her abdomen and leg. This allowed the Morettis time to escape with Callum.

Mentioned: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Teddy) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Danny, Tatiana)
No reply necessary.

Trevor Stewart

Trevor was surprised to realise May hadn't meant to mention her pregnancy. One thing the man was good at was choosing his words carefully and rarely slipping up. Perhaps that was something May had not inherited and he supposed in a way that was a good thing. He hadn't exactly used his silver tongue and persuasive abilities for good reasons. He nodded along when she explained that only Jeremy and Harper knew. He found it surprising to learn none of the other Kings were aware of the pregnancy, especially given how keen they were to be in everyone's business. "Well, my lips are sealed," he assured her. Even if he had any intention of divulging her secret, it wasn't like any of the family were keen to hear what he had to say. Alex hadn't even wanted to hear what Trevor believed was a significant lead to help track down Callum.

When May spoke of how things weren't going as planned and that she'd hoped she wasn't turning out like her mother, Trevor let out a deep sigh. He hadn't stuck around for long enough to know Kathleen and how the woman dealt with her pregnancy, but he was there through Laura's. "You don't seem like you're destined to turn out like your mother. As with Harper, you are your own person and you can choose which direction your life takes." Thinking back to his own actions and how at the start he'd been manipulative in his behaviour to steer Laura towards himself and away from Bruce, he felt no pride in it. Of course, he soon came to love the woman, but maybe if he'd let her go even at that stage she might have stood a better chance. "Just remember you've got plenty of people around you who will be there for you."

When May confirmed the child's father was in fact his hired stalker, Trevor didn't immediately show any reaction, but a smirk soon took over his mouth, picking up on the way May had laughed at the revelation herself. "Well, that's a turn up for the books," he remarked. May then went on to tell him the father's name and that he was a good guy, explaining how he'd helped her the night before. "And what happened to the guy hassling you? Was he dealt with?" he asked, shocked to hear she had some kind of stalker.

May soon went on to speak about being single and pregnant. "No, it ain't as big a deal as back when I was your age. You say this Christian bloke is a good guy, but don't ever feel like you have to marry him now you're having his kid. You can get by without him. And any red flags you have about him - don't just ignore them. I'm speaking as the guy who was one big red flag and for good reason... Perfect family; married with kids is great and all, but you can still do this as a single mother."

When she asked how he was feeling finding out she was his daughter, he stayed silent for a moment as he looked straight ahead. "Whilst I can hardly act surprised given my track record, it's still a shock and something I'm sure will hit me when I'm back home, out of this current intense environment we're sitting in right now," he said referring to the hospital and Harper's state. "I've missed out on all of my kids' lives and even if it's something I wish I could change, I accept it's my own fault." Turning to look at her, he shrugged his shoulders. "To be honest, I'm not sure what this means for us. Most of my kids don't want to know me and the grandkids I've already got I'll never get to know. What is it you want, Maeve? Bruce and the others might not like you wanting to know me - they've expressed enough distaste about me and Harper speaking with each other. I don't want to make things difficult for you here. I want to prove to all of you that I've changed and I want to get to know you all, but I'm not forcing anyone to give me the time of day. "

BasDorcha BasDorcha

Nikolaus Jäger
Wesley Roberts

Storybook Art Gallery
~ Upper East Side, Manhattan ~

lucas-bravo.gif
The introductions were awkward enough but Klaus maintained his composure. Gabriel was every bit the man he had been told about by those Klaus worked with. Elvian was much more pleasant, though he could hear the bitter undertone in her voice. "Raving about London, hmm? I don't think I had anything to do with that. Dreary old London town has its charms." The man offered the older woman a smile. It wasn't long until she excused herself with Valentina. Leaving Klaus, Gabriel, Wesley, and Ava to chat. The latter two looked like they wanted to be anywhere else.

The stoic expression didn't do anything to him but he could see Wesley slightly squirming from the side. "Special Operations Forces Industry Conference, sir." Klaus said with an everlasting charming smile. "It's an international conference, they hold it somewhere different every year. This year, we have the pleasure of traveling here for it. The World Trade conference center is hosting it this year. After Ava raved about New York, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to see the sights and the like. Plus I couldn't let the kid over here go by himself."

Klaus had seen the way Gabe's jaw tightened but it didn't keep him off his game. Every bit of what Klaus was saying was true. They were being sent to the conference, doing Special Ops business while conducting Interpol business as well. "Wesley and I work as law enforcement in England, I'm retired from the German Special Forces but Wesley over there is still serving a tour. Kid's too hyperactive to be sent out on any sort of legit business right now, but that's why he's here with me."

tumblr_1797f9aa0fd4d035cb8bb4ef1ddfc61f_4ef65bb3_500.gif
Wesley narrowed his eyes at Klaus for calling him hyperactive but didn't say a word. Ava laughed at the way he phrased things and Wesley found his tense demeanor softening just a bit. He always enjoyed seeing a pretty woman laugh. "Oh, believe me, cailín, I'd seen the rats in this town already. I'm hardly afraid of those animals, but the one I saw on the street was as big as my cat back home." Wesley chuckled, shaking his head. He was hoping that would have been enough to distract Gabe from asking more about him.

He was wrong. Wesley had to look back at the man, meeting his stoic stare. If looks could kill...he thought once again...he'd be dead in an instant. "Belfast, sir. A city like this one...except not as many people and not as many cat-sized rats." Wesley managed a boyish grin. "I must say, I think everyone thinks I'm the one with the funny accent...but New Yorkers have a colorful one."

It seemed like Klaus and Ava were in some weird, hyper-sexual staring contest. Wesley was gonna kill him if he didn't say something more. "Isn't that right, Klaus" Wesley elbowed the man now and the man cleared his throat. "Funny accents, oh...uh yes. You Americans aren't too friendly to them. Though I think as Ava had mentioned to me, New Yorkers aren't the friendliest, to begin with." Klaus then looked to Gabriel.

"My Condolences by the way, for your son's passing. Ava tells me he was a wonderful man."
with: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sullivan's Pub

Leo & Aliana Sullivan
max-thieriot-1645831718.jpg

Leo watched from behind his nearly empty pint as Ali returned his father's smirk. She shifted in her seat, shrugging her shoulders before responding to his comment. "A trait I picked up on marrying into his family," she accused, shaking her head. Leo let out a slight chuckle, setting his mug down and sitting back in his seat. His leg was still moving vigorously under the table, the anxiety from earlier not dying down. Conor stated that Adam couldn't take criticism and his eyebrows shot up. Not in shock or anything, but more so amusement. While Leo wouldn't consider what transpired between the two men an official evaluation, harsh words, and criticism were definitely passed between both men. Leo cleared his throat. "In dad's defense, Adam hit him first," he said, leaving out the part where he had antagonized him to that point. "Oh, so that wins him brownie points," Ali sarcastically stated, turning to Leo. "I mean-," Ali shook her head at him again, dismissing him. "Shut up."
hannah-john-kamen-296946-1639414426748-promo.700x0c.jpg

Turning her attention back to Conor she listened as he explained the real reason he and Adam had gotten into it. "There. Is. Is," she said, the bottom of her balled-up fist hitting the top of the table with every pause. Though there was a smile on her face Leo knew she was anything but happy and more than likely about to rip his father a new one. And suddenly he'd rather be anywhere else. "So, first and foremost," she started, leaning against the table and looking into Conor's eyes. "Fucking pot or kettle?" She waited for a few seconds before continuing. "Once upon a time, Conor, you used to do the same exact thing and under different circumstances." Ali searched her husband's eyes, her own softening as a realization began to settle within her. It was him saying, "Another bloke," that had her bracing for what she knew was about to come next.

And once it had her eyebrows relaxed until she was no longer frowning at him. The whole thing had been about Jackson. Ali couldn't help but feel as if Conor blamed himself for Jackson's death. He'd gone and taken what he thought to be his responsibility in protecting Blake, Natasha, and Collin seriously; and that meant being overly critical of every man and woman that entered their lives. But Ali knew for a fact while Blake would appreciate the sentiment, it wasn't his place to dictate who she could and couldn't date. "Okay," she said, sighing deeply as she looked down at her hands. As much as she wanted to make it clear how much of an idiot she thought him to be right then, she knew it was because of something deeper. "First of all, Blake is a grown woman, Conor. You cannot dictate who she can date or even sleep with, okay? Secondly," she said, pointing to all three of them. "Everyone at this table at one point use to be a whore. I definitely didn't think I would ever want to settle down and then you came along and made me realize I wanted to. Natasha is that for Leo," she said, nodding her head at him. Leo subtly nodded his head in agreement, smiling at the sudden thought of his girlfriend. "How do you know Blake isn't that for Adam?" She reached across the table, opening the palm of her hand for him to take if he wanted.

"I understand why you're so protective over them. And I know that Blake appreciates you looking out for her after all these years but you cannot dictate how she lives her life because of Jackson. That'll only push her away and I love you. But I'll be damned if I let you do that to my best friend."

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Harper's
~ Bethnal Green, London~
Alexander King
tumblr_no928kMx5H1uohohfo8_250.gifv

The comfort of Kerry's embrace only caused Alex to sob harder. He felt like he could let his walls down - emotions pouring out of him like a flood. He buried his face in her shoulder trying to hide how red his face had gotten; the mess his trail of devastating tears had left. When asked if she was going to be okay, Alex shook his head. "I don't-," he said, trying to breathe. "I don't know. I didn't- I didn't go to the hospital. I couldn't." He pulled himself away, looking into her eyes. "Should I have? Kerry, should I have," he asked, suddenly wondering if he actually would have been worth something back at the hospital. "I didn't want to get in the way. I didn't want to cause any more issues so I stayed here. I do-," and then he paused. Remembering what the paramedics told him. "They said... That she could- that she might." There was a hint of hope interlaced in the desperation of his voice; as if his mind were trying to convince him to think positive. To hang on to the sliver of hope. "I think... I think she will be," he finally answered, voice barely above a whisper.

Kerry reassured him that what happened to Harper wasn't his fault, but he couldn't get the thought out of his head. Had he not started that argument - had he been there more for his sister - had he not pissed off the Sullivan family - then his sister would be okay. She would have never gotten crushed under that beam and she would've never gotten hooked on drugs and she never would've gotten to this point. At the beginning of it all, all he saw was himself and that made everything even worse. "But I'm her big brother," he choked, "I'm her big brother and big brothers are supposed to protect their younger siblings- their little sisters and I failed her," he cried, "I failed Laura. I failed Mom." Alex's hold around Kerry had gotten tighter, loosening when she pulled away from him. Tears were falling down Kerry's face and when he noticed them he realized that this must have been just as difficult for her. His sister and his girlfriend had been close, forming a bond with each other outside of him; of course, she'd be torn up about this. Through her own sadness, she managed to reassure him that they just needed to be there for Harper. He nodded, sobs slowing down.

Alex's fingers wrapped around Kerry's forearms, his thumbs stroking gently as he pressed his forehead against hers. His sobbing had stopped, now working to get his breathing under control. The comfort of her touches and the kiss she laid on his temple had definitely been speeding up the process. It was like she knew what he needed at the moment and he had no clue how he would ever thank her for such comfort. "I'm sorry, Kerry," he said, feeling as though she'd just had to suppress her own sadness just for him. "We can go to the hospital together. We'll go- we'll go see her together." When she told him she loved him Alex felt his heart swell. He'd heard the words said before but now, here in this emotional moment, it felt so reassuring to hear. Alex had slowly learned exactly how much he loved Kerry and cared about her; how grateful she was to have stayed and dealt with his shit. He didn't deserve her and he definitely wanted to become someone who did. Alex nodded before slowly raising his hand to her cheek, "I love you too," he whispered, pressing his lips against her own.

Kerry ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Sketchy Casino
Marco Jimenez
ea1dba64439515318ce497d77408f812.jpg
Marco took Michelle's declaration about holding her liquor as a challenge. He let out a laugh, listening as she suggested he ask her out on a date to test those limits. As much as he knew that was a bad idea Marco couldn't help but nod his head in agreement. "If you wanted to ask me out, Michelle," he said, hiding a smirk behind his glass. "All you have to do is ask - por supuesto que diría que sí." Marco shot her a wink as he set his glass down, sliding it further back with his middle finger. "I'll have you know even though it may seem I'm using your safety as an excuse - I am not. Your safety comes before my pleasure," he stated, shrugging his shoulders. "I've been drinking for years, bonita. There's only one other person I know who can probably out-drink me and it's not you." Marco was, of course, referring to his regular drinking buddy Dermot. There had been several instances in which the two men would try and have drinking contests; they got cut off every time.

Michelle then went on to explain her lineage, how her mother had actually been Italian. His eyebrows raised in amusement. Despite the Italian last name she so clearly bore Marco didn't think her to be Italian. The way her skin had been kissed by the sun suggested something else, but as she explained that she lived in Portgual the majority of her life it made more sense to him. "Espectáculo de mierda, eh?" Marco had heard very little about things that had happened over two decades ago between Conor and Aliana. It was personal anyway and he was just an employee; why would he have? Instead, he nodded his head in understanding. Marco had also been a child of divorce, of separation, and having more than one birthday and Christmas. Truly he'd have preferred just one parent but he used him against the other.

"Ahh," he said, realizing he had just relayed the wrong information. "Forgive me. Us hired arms don't have a reliable gossip circle like most," he joked, insinuating that the women in her family were better at it. He picked up on the look that seemed to cross her features at the mention of her ex-husband, his own growing softer. "Well. Maybe it's just the universe's way of telling you he was no longer right for you. D'you believe in fate, Michelle?" Marco was a very superstitious person. He believed in things like fate and karma and bad luck. And though the people around him told him he was crazy he knew better. "Well, I do. And as awful as it may sound, everything happens for a reason." Marco then grabbed his cup, taking another sip as she asked about him. He let out a chuckle setting it back down. "Ah, you caught me. Obviously, I don't," he gestured to himself, "Eh, I made some bad decisions in the past and now I find myself in your father's employ. Fate is taking me and putting me where she wants me."

The music in the room began to change. More upbeat and Spanish in nature. With a grin on his face, Marco slowly turned around and when he found the person he was looking for, he pointed at him. After wagging his finger at him he turned back to Michelle. "It doesn't look like they're quite done yet, however, would you allow me to continue keeping you entertained," he asked, hand out for her to take.

Michelle ( BasDorcha BasDorcha )

Bruce King

1665438266679.pngDarcey was there, right in front of him, and yet she felt somehow unreachable. He couldn’t speak, nor move his arm to feel for her. His hands were tingling such that they had seized up, red hot and numb, and the space around him seemed to be closing in on him, trapping him, shortening his air supply. At this point any thoughts that tried to form in his head were completely incoherent; instead his mind was occupied by an overwhelming and familiar sense of dread, shock, fear, grief. There was his wife, her skin blue and ruptured, his little girl with her face all torn, his little son bruised up and down his body. There was Laura, with her open, bloodshot eyes and pale lips. There was Spencer, weakened and bloody, and Billy, unable to move, and Harper, unconscious and barely breathing. The hospital beds that had carried his loved ones one way or the other…and his niece, now teetering on the edge, no one knowing which way she’ll go.

And soon he found himself being carried away on one, too. He was so numb that the only thing he could feel was the mask strapped to his face, and while it helped deliver oxygen, it did nothing to slow down his hyperventilating. With the ceiling and walls whirring past, it was hard to tell where they were going or what was going on, but a few minutes later, he found himself being moved onto some kind of bed of his own. His shirt was removed and small electrodes were stuck to his chest and arms - at this point he was breathing a little easier and the dread had subsided somewhat, but he still found it hard to form words.

After a series of scans, a chest x-ray and a thorough series of questions about his general health and lifestyle, Bruce was allowed to rest. Even with the dull ache that remained in his chest, the exhaustion and the muddled thoughts, his mind ended up back in Harper’s room, leading him to wonder if she was okay. A doctor opened the door then, allowing Darcey to step inside and join him. “Darce,” he uttered, reaching out for her hand. “How’s Harper doin’?”

“So, the good news is, the tests show no sign of a heart attack,” the doctor confirmed, looking between the couple. “However, we have managed to detect some inflammation of the arteries and high blood pressure, which could cause heart failure further down the line. I’m going to refer you for a future appointment here so we can do some routine tests and keep an eye on things, and if it does get worse or you start to feel symptoms then you may be prescribed a statin drug.”

“Alright,” Bruce wearily accepted, far less interested in his own health than in Harper’s at that moment. He was exhausted and felt weak, as if he hadn’t slept at all the night before, but he still wanted to go and see his niece and make sure everyone else was doing okay and knew that he was still there for them. He was just about to suggest he and Darcey made a move back to Harper’s ward when the doctor spoke up again.

“Having ruled out a heart attack, however, we still need to identify the root cause of your condition,” he said. Bruce watched as the man wrote something down on a piece of paper before handing it to Darcey. “I believe what you experienced today was a severe panic attack. Since you otherwise lead a healthy lifestyle, this is the biggest change to your health I can suggest…his name is Dr. Parker, he’s a renowned therapist, top of his field.”

Bruce just looked up at Darcey, keeping a light hold on her hand. He had never had therapy before, nor was it # something he had ever thought about. There were always other people to put first and he had never not been capable of taking care of them. He had never had to take a break to tend to himself or step down from his role, be it in the business or as a father figure to his family. “Alright, sure,” he said, eager to escape the room before the doctor could start asking him further questions about what had triggered the panic. The last thing he needed was for it all to stir up again. After all, he was sure that it was just a one-off event. He was already feeling calmer for being in Darcey’s company, and now just wanted to see the rest of his family.

"Well, the tests are over for today, so you're welcome to leave as soon as you feel well enough to walk," the doctor said. He left them to it then, and Bruce sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed. He took Darcey's hands into his and kissed them. "I'm sorry if I scared ya', love," he said, and reached up to caress her cheek. "Are you alright? Is Harper...?" There was another small twinge of pain in his heart as he thought about how uncertain the surgeon had been about her chances of survival. "She's alright, is she?"

Darcey Hargraves

Darcey watched on as the doctors and nurses surrounded Bruce to help get him on a gurney. Standing a few feet away she felt like a spectator, unable to do a thing for those she loved. She had always been the one her family came to when they needed her. She was always the one who cleaned their wounds and applied their bandages. She was always the one to embrace them and make them feel safe in a world that wanted to hurt them. Yet now, walking as far as they’d allow her to with Bruce, Darcey felt utterly useless.

It was a strange thing to feel, too, as someone in a role such as hers. But she wasn’t a doctor. She wasn’t a nurse and she wasn’t a surgeon. Therefore there was nothing she could do and she had to understand that. Letting the professionals take care of her loved ones was difficult; no one could care for them like she could, she thought. But she had to trust that they’d uphold their oath to save lives. She’d been pacing the room when the doctor finally returned and told her she could join him. She immediately grabbed his hand and placed a kiss on his forehead, letting out a relieved sigh. Just before she was able to respond to his question, the doctor spoke and revealed what they found in the test.

As soon as he said it wasn’t a heart attack Darcey felt herself resting a little easier. All he needed was a lifestyle change, she thought. She could help with that. The doctor then went on to explain more, that what Bruce had actually suffered from was a severe panic attack. It made sense, she thought, all that shit that had gone on recently. However, knowing he was susceptible to such things only made her worry even more. She looked at the paper she was given, looking up when the doctor mentioned a therapist for Bruce. The name sounded familiar to her but in all her emotions and stress, she couldn’t quite place it. Her fingers stroked the top of his head as she nodded her head at the doctor. “Okay,” she whispered, followed by a sniffle. “Thank you, doc.”

As soon as the door closed Bruce moved to stand up - Darcey quickly standing in front of him with her hands gently pressed against his chest. “Darling, you shouldn’t be so quick to stand up,” she stated, voice full of worry. She leaned into his hand as he caressed her cheek, letting out a soft sigh. When asked if Harper were going to be okay she nodded. Though moments before she had been very very unsure, plagued with ‘What Ifs’, she had forced herself to believe in her niece. “She’s gonna be alright, Bruce, I know she is. Harper’s more a fighter than any of us, ain’t she- she’ll be alright. She’s gonna wake up. And we’re- we’re gonna get her help, get you help. We’re all gonna be alright.”

Bellz Bellz Harper

The Hospital... Again
~Bethnal Green, London~
Maeve Thatcher

1665130821415-png.1028941
May was grateful to hear that at least one person didn't see her turning out like her mother, even if they didn't know their mother well enough to make that kind of call. Something felt more reassuring about hearing it outside of her head. She looked at Trevor, wondering what it was that was still holding everyone back. The man had made mistakes, that much was true, but looking at him now, she could tell he was doing his best to be a different man, even if it was just sitting here instead of leaving upon hearing he had another daughter he did not know about. When he mentioned that she had a lot of people around who would be there for her, she nibbled her lip, before asking, "Will you be there for me?" A light blush tainted her cheeks, looking up at him.

Hearing him asking about her stalker, May's face darkened a bit. "I honestly don't know, I haven't heard from him since I got home last night, said he had some things to take care of. Could be him I guess, but I'm not sure. Josh left the pub before anything else could happen, I didn't see where he went after the cops showed up. No they didn't hassle us, to many people spoke up in our defense. They escorted him out, and I exited the back of the building. He-he made a few…putrid threats," May shivered, tucking her hands under her thighs as if she was cold, "Christian busted him up a bit, then the cops got involved and they let him walk." The scowl on her face was more than enough to show that she had no love for the police.

It was nice bonding with Trevor, they had more to talk about then she thought. It was easy talking to him, it didn't feel like a struggle. He went on to tell her that not only does she not need to marry Christian because she was pregnant, but that she should be watching for any kind of flags. A somewhat dreamy gaze appeared over her face as she thought of Christian again, only for a moment before she acknowledged what he was saying with a nod. "I promise, I won't unless I feel it’s the thing I really want to do. For what it's worth, I would like to have you in mine going forward. Neither of us got a choice the first time around, I figure we deserve one now. As long as you really are the man you're telling everyone you're becoming, I would also like you in my kid's life. They deserve a chance too."

Everyone else in the room had moved to see Harper, but May didn't want to interrupt everyone. She would see her sister when everyone was done. In the meantime she was continue chatting with Trevor, telling him about her and her life as he asked questions. She wasn't sure how long they sat there and talked, but eventually May laid down on a bench across from him, falling asleep. It was the wee morning hours, they hadn't seen the others, and exhaustion finally took her.

[line]
Misty Gray Misty Gray - Trevor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back