• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Fairy Tail RP: Genon, Salt Lord, and Britt-21 OOC

@Salt Lord

You want to post your sheets? I don't believe that Ellen knows Celestial Magic, so you'll have to use a modified version of him. For that reason, I suggest you post his sheet. And you could just copy/past Alfie's in there too if you want, just for consistency's sake.

@Salt Lord

Just one thing. You do realize that you can give Ellen his Light-Make back alongside Celestial Magic right? He's the main villain of the arc, he can be a bit more gifted than your average mage.

On another note, I've always wondered what Celestial Spirits gain from contracting with a Wizard. A "contract" implies that both parties gain something from the agreement. The wizard gains the spirit's help, but what do the Spirits get in return? Furthermore, the contract basically allows the wizard to do whatever they want to the Celestial Spirit with no consequence, so it begs the question of why the Spirits even agree to these one-sided contracts in the first place. Is this ever explained in the show or manga? If so, please tell me. I don't care about spoilers.

Genon said:
@Salt Lord
Just one thing. You do realize that you can give Ellen his Light-Make back alongside Celestial Magic right? He's the main villain of the arc, he can be a bit more gifted than your average mage.

On another note, I've always wondered what Celestial Spirits gain from contracting with a Wizard. A "contract" implies that both parties gain something from the agreement. The wizard gains the spirit's help, but what do the Spirits get in return? Furthermore, the contract basically allows the wizard to do whatever they want to the Celestial Spirit with no consequence, so it begs the question of why the Spirits even agree to these one-sided contracts in the first place. Is this ever explained in the show or manga? If so, please tell me. I don't care about spoilers.
In the 90 episodes I've seen because I lost interest to push any further, I've come to the conclusion that Celestial Spirits are literally nothing more than slaves to whomever they make a "contract" with.

Do I have to put the Light Make back in the magic if I wanna keep it...?

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]In the 90 episodes I've seen because I lost interest to push any further, I've come to the conclusion that Celestial Spirits are literally nothing more than slaves to whomever they make a "contract" with.
Do I have to put the Light Make back in the magic if I wanna keep it...?

[/QUOTE]
Ugh...stupid shonen anime writing. I'd prefer it if you put the magic back honestly. Makes it easier to reference.

Now here's an idea about Celestial Spirits. They're sustained by and gain power from the karmic energies of those who contract with them, good or bad. By entering a one-sided contract, they create the optimal situation for the wizard to exude karma which keeps them alive.

An alternate idea is that the karma of their master is a potent energy source in their society, and they "collect" it Monsters Inc. style via their master's actions when they're summoned to Earth Land. The "Spirits" are actually the lowest members of their society, doing the grunt work so that the other spirits can keep up their standard of living. These other spirits, that we never see with the exception of the Celestial Spirit King, are orders of magnitude more powerful than the people who keep their lights on for them. This would explain why Charlotte wound up entering contracts even though she really wouldn't want to: she needed to do so to make ends meet.

What do you think?

EDIT: The second idea also explains why the King doesn't have a key: He's too affluent to need one, and it would be unbecoming for the ruler of the realm to stoop his peasant's level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genon said:
Ugh...stupid shonen anime writing. I'd prefer it if you put the magic back honestly. Makes it easier to reference.
Now here's an idea about Celestial Spirits. They're sustained by and gain power from the karmic energies of those who contract with them, good or bad. By entering a one-sided contract, they create the optimal situation for the wizard to exude karma which keeps them alive.

An alternate idea is that the karma of their master is a potent energy source in their society, and they "collect" it Monsters Inc. style via their master's actions when they're summoned to Earth Land. The "Spirits" are actually the lowest members of their society, doing the grunt work so that the other spirits can keep up their standard of living. These other spirits, that we never see with the exception of the Celestial Spirit King, are orders of magnitude more powerful than the people who keep their lights on for them. This would explain why Charlotte wound up entering contracts even though she really wouldn't want to: she needed to do so to make ends meet.

What do you think?
Not a half bad idea, actually. I like it. :v

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Not a half bad idea, actually. I like it. :v

[/QUOTE]
The first idea or the second one?

At first I thought it was all one idea, but now that I think of it, the first one sounds better.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]At first I thought it was all one idea, but now that I think of it, the first one sounds better.

[/QUOTE]
Huh. I put a lot more effort into (and prefer) the second one. Maybe combine them? The Spirit benefits by taking their share of the karma at the same time as giving their dues to their society?

Genon said:
Huh. I put a lot more effort into (and prefer) the second one. Maybe combine them? The Spirit benefits by taking their share of the karma at the same time as giving their dues to their society?
That'd work even better than one on their own.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Yeah, but I've kinda been getting lost in notifs. I'll reply now and I'm incredibly sorry for the pause. :c

[/QUOTE]
It's fine. I've got RPs I should respond to as well...

Genon said:
It's fine. I've got RPs I should respond to as well...
I'm incredibly sorry for such a short post... but take your time with your reply. c:

@Salt Lord

By the way, it's currently nighttime IC. I noticed that you mentioned sunlight in one of your posts, so if you want to correct that you can.

Genon said:
@Salt Lord
By the way, it's currently nighttime IC. I noticed that you mentioned sunlight in one of your posts, so if you want to correct that you can.
Whoops sorry. I'll tag you when I'm done!

@Britt\-21 to this, since she plays a Celestial Wizard and our characters already know her character.

Also, unrelated thing: I was thinking that Ellen actually sent hired thugs or burglars to rob Adrian's house. For starters, I don't think he would smash up the place. He'd probably be a lot more subtle with the way he did things, it fits his character a bit more. Hired goons, not so much.

Furthermore, Ellen's motive for stealing the key in the first place, as I pictured it, would be to prevent Adrian finding out about Charlotte should he have to close her gate right when he summoned her. The thugs were supposed to leave the safe externally untouched and the apartment pristine, so that Adrian wouldn't know it was stolen until all traces of the robbery had long since succumbed to entropy. The thugs obviously didn't do that, and the plan backfired horribly as a result.

EDIT: Of course, if you have other ideas that are equal or better, feel free to use those. Also, don't tell me, if you think your ideas are better. Keeps things interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Britt\-21 is allowed to join, we'd talk to Lavender, so I'm holding off on posting until you approve her.

Genon said:
@Britt\-21 to this, since she plays a Celestial Wizard and our characters already know her character.
Also, unrelated thing: I was thinking that Ellen actually sent hired thugs or burglars to rob Adrian's house. For starters, I don't think he would smash up the place. He'd probably be a lot more subtle with the way he did things, it fits his character a bit more. Hired goons, not so much.

Furthermore, Ellen's motive for stealing the key in the first place, as I pictured it, would be to prevent Adrian finding out about Charlotte should he have to close her gate right when he summoned her. The thugs were supposed to leave the safe externally untouched and the apartment pristine, so that Adrian wouldn't know it was stolen until all traces of the robbery had long since succumbed to entropy. The thugs obviously didn't do that, and the plan backfired horribly as a result.

EDIT: Of course, if you have other ideas that are equal or better, feel free to use those. Also, don't tell me, if you think your ideas are better. Keeps things interesting.
Sorry for the late reply... school.

I have legitimately nothing that can compare to what you've come up with, but I'd probably go with yours anyway. Sounds more fun. :3

I don't mind if @Britt\-21 joins. Roleplaying with myself isn't fun, and I'm sure you feel the same way (I mean that if we didn't get another person in, one of us would have had to control the CW).

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Sorry for the late reply... school.
I have legitimately nothing that can compare to what you've come up with, but I'd probably go with yours anyway. Sounds more fun. :3

I don't mind if @Britt\-21 joins. Roleplaying with myself isn't fun, and I'm sure you feel the same way (I mean that if we didn't get another person in, one of us would have had to control the CW).

[/QUOTE]
Hear that @Britt\-21? You're in!

[QUOTE="Britt-21]all done

[/QUOTE]
So, do want me to tell you what this is about, or did you figure it out from reading the first CS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back