• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Examination On The Boundaries of Desire, as Written By Na Slegna Rotsopmi

You can double click the first black/green box to return to instructions
You can double click the second black/green box to hide the character sheet

Tags: D duegxybus The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Damafaud Damafaud The Mechanist The Mechanist @anyoneelsewhowantsin YoungX YoungX (?)

[class=Frame] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:330px; [/class] [class=Frame2] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:70px; [/class] [class=Option] Cursor:pointer; background-color:white; border: 10px solid transparent; text-align:center; padding:30px; font-weight: bold; color:black; [/class] [class=Option1] border-image:url(https://pre00.deviantart.net/3e1d/th/pre/f/2013/083/0/9/silver_texture_by_paulinemoss-d5z2qev.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option2] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class]
[class=Option3] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option4] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [script class=Option on=init] addClass Option Option1 addClass Option Option2 addClass Option Option3 addClass Option Option4 set X 0 [/script] [class=Result] Cursor:pointer; background-color:black; border: 15px solid transparent; border-image:url(https://images.template.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tileable-stone-texture-6790015.jpg) 10 round; Border-radius:10px; Overflow: hidden; text-align:center; padding:40px; width:80%; margin-left:5%; display: inline-block; font-weight: bold; color: green; [/class] [class=Result1] [/class] [class=Result2] [/class] [class=Result3] [/class] [class=Result4] [/class] [class=Result5] [/class] [script class=Result on=init] addClass Result Result1 addClass Result Result2 addClass Result Result3 addClass Result Result4 addClass Result Result5 [/script] [class=SheetS] box-sizing: border-box; background-color:black; border: 15px solid transparent; border-image:url(https://images.template.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tileable-stone-texture-6790015.jpg) 10 round; Border-radius:10px; Overflow: hidden; padding:40px; width:100%; color: green; [/class] [class=NameD] display: inline-block; [/class] [class=GenderD] display: inline-block; [/class] [class=ZodiacD] display: inline-block; [/class] [class=HColorD] display: inline-block; [/class] [class=EColorD] display: inline-block; [/class] [class=EthnicityD] display: inline-block; [/class] [class=HandD] display: inline-block; [/class] [class=WealthD] display: inline-block; [/class] [class name=csgform] background: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #A0A0A0; box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 700px; margin: 20px auto; padding: 10px; width: 100%; [/class] [class name=Suggestion] box-sizing: border-box; display: inline-block; font-weight: bold; padding: 10px; vertical-align: top; color:black; font-style:bold; width: 40% [/class] [class name=button] box-sizing: border-box; display: inline-block; font-size: 22px; font-weight: bold; padding: 10px 0; width: 100%; [/class] [div class=csgform] [div class=Suggestion]Name Suggestion:[/div][input class=NameS type=text][/input]
[div class=Suggestion]Gender Suggestion:[/div][input class=GenderS type=text maxlength=7][/input]
[div class=Suggestion]Zodiac Suggestion:[/div][input class=ZodiacS type=text][/input]
[div class=Suggestion]Hair Color Suggestion:[/div][input class=HColorS type=text][/input]
[div class=Suggestion]Eye Color Suggestion:[/div][input class=EColorS type=text][/input]
[div class=Suggestion]Ethnicity:[/div][input class=EthnicityS type=text][/input]
[div class=Suggestion]Dominant Hand:[/div][input class=HandS type=text][/input]
[/div] [div class=Frame][div class="Option Option1"] Born In the Streets [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option2"] Born Poor [/div][/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option3"] Born in the Middle Class [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option4"] Born Rich [/div][/div]

[div class="Result Result1"]
Instructions

Hello everyone! Today, we start the first phase of the quest "Examination on The Boundaries of Desire, as Written by Na Slegna Rotsopmi". This phase, as previously expressed in the search thread, will be the "character creation" phase. For those of you who are confused by this, basically we're gonna be making the main character of this quest, the POV character, together.
So, how do you vote? That's simple. Just write in the boxes above what you want to vote for, then select your favorite option in the buttons (more on those in a second) then copy paste the sheet that comes out of them and post it. The parameters that get most votes will become part of the official sheet (for example, if three people put they want a male, and only two people put they want a female, then the character will be male). Should there be any ties, I will be the tie breaker! <3
I promised to talk more about the buttons, so here I go. In the "character creation" phase, we will basically go through some events in the character's backstory. For each of those, you will be given various options for how the character goes about dealing with those events or what happens to them during that event. Depending on the option that gets the most votes, your character will acquire certain personality traits (which sometimes will be hidden). If you disagree with the how I define the traits or anything like that, you can try thinking of them as game stats, there is a function outside of just what they represent (though they are far, far from game stats).
Be careful though! Sometimes picking a certain option will cost you, literally! The player's will start with a collective total of 100 points, from which the cost of the choice is deducted. While this isn't the "Will" system yet, it is similar, so take this opportunity to get familiar with it! The border of the option will tell you at a glance which are cheaper or more expensive, but you can also click the options for the detailed info.
When your character finds their genie, it's likely their body will suffer some alterations, possibly to things set up here. Keep that in mind as you make your decision

Gender- Please vote "male" or "female". I'm sorry but I won't be able to handle it getting more confusing than that. You will have an opportunity for the character to climb out of gender roles though.

Zodiac- Not the chinese zodiac

Dominant Hand- Left or Right

Ethnicity- Just to clarify, this isn't your actual place of birth, just your appearance

For the specified characteristics, responses other than the specified will be rejected!

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you all have fun! This Thursday I will post the next backstory event, out of the eleven total ones, so you have until then to vote.​
[/div] [div class="Result Result2" style="display:none"]
Cost: 20 points​

The character was born to or taken in by someone living in the streets, in a prison or in the wilds. Basically outside of the "normal" resources we are used to, homeless, starving, can't be healthy for a young child, but hey they didn't exactly choose it. Your future choices will affect just how big an impact this had on the character and whether they managed to climb out of it.

Traits:
+Resourceful:Being able to stop the utility in very little, or make something out of unexpected/unideal resources
-Used To Homeless Life:Having difficulty adjusting to luxury or comfort, and maybe even feeling alienated or downright revolted by it [/div] [div class="Result Result3" style="display:none"]
Cost: Free​

The character was born to or taken in by a low-income family. This can range from "their house is falling apart" poor to "Santa doesn't come every year" poor.

Traits:
+Dedicated:The character is someone who will truly give blood, sweat and tears for their goals
-Envious:The character is prone to feeling jealous or envious. [/div] [div class="Result Result4" style="display:none"]

The character is born and raised in an average family. Nothing much to say beyond that.

Traits:
*"Normal":The character can easily relate to and understand the point of view of the average person, as they frame themselves within that normality
[/div] [div class="Result Result5" style="display:none"]

The character was born and raised in luxury and great wealth, and may even remain in that situation till today. Traits:
+Cultured:The character is refined tastes and has good manners, it's also likely that they are well-versed in a multicultural view of history. May come off as charming or smart even if you aren't necessarily either
-Spoiled:The character may be ill-equipped to dealing with situations where they lack the luxuries of great wealth [/div]

[input class=button type=button]Generate Character Sheet[/input] [div class=SheetS style="display:none"] Name: [div class=NameD][/div]
Wealth at Birth: [div class=WealthD][/div]
Zodiac: [div class=ZodiacD][/div]
Hair Color: [div class=HColorD][/div]
Eye Color: [div class=EColorD][/div]
Ethnicity: [div class=EthnicityD][/div]
Dominant Hand: [div class=HandD][/div]
[/div] [script class=button on=click] set name (getVal NameS) set gender (getVal GenderS) set zodiac (getVal ZodiacS) set hcolor (getVal HColorS) set ecolor (getVal EColorS) set ethnicity (getVal EthnicityS) set hand (getVal HandS) if (eq "${X}" 0) (set wealth "") if (eq "${X}" 1) (set wealth "Born In The Streets") if (eq "${X}" 2) (set wealth "Born Poor") if (eq "${X}" 3) (set wealth "Born In the Middle Class") if (eq "${X}" 4) (set wealth "Born Rich") setText ${name} NameD setText ${gender} GenderD setText ${zodiac} ZodiacD setText ${hcolor} HColorD setText ${ecolor} EColorD setText ${ethnicity} EthnicityD setText ${hand} HandD setText ${wealth} WealthD show SheetS [/script] [script class=Option1 on=click] hide Result show Result2 set X 1 [/script] [script class=Option2 on=click] hide Result show Result3 set X 2 [/script] [script class=Option3 on=click] hide Result show Result4 set X 3 [/script] [script class=Option4 on=click] hide Result show Result5 set X 4 [/script] [script class=Result on=dblclick] hide Result show Result1 set X 0 [/script] [script class=SheetS on=dblclick] hide SheetS [/script]

Last edited:
I might just be missing it, but I'd reccommend a seperate thread for voting.

Name: Sena Ubel
Wealth at Birth: Born Rich
Zodiac: Capricorn
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Ethnicity: English / German
Dominant Hand: Left

Name:
Hal Sophia

Wealth at Birth:
Born Rich

Zodiac:
Libra

Hair Color:
Black

Eye Color:
Blue

Ethnicity:
Causcasian

Dominant Hand:
Left

Name: I got no suggestion here
Wealth at Birth: Born In the Middle Class
Zodiac: Tauros
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Ethnicity: African american mix

Am I doing this wrong?

Just to clarify something about the "ethinicity" thing, that isn't the character's actual place of birth, just their appearance!

Name: Ren
Zodiac:
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Ethnicity: Latino
Dominant Hand: Right

Last edited:
Just to clarify something about the "ethinicity" thing, that isn't the character's actual place of birth, just their appearance!
Then shouldn't that be race? Because as far as I know most white people from differing European countries look like they were all born in the same place

If you look at the definition of ethnicity,

Ethnicity: the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.

That implies ethnicity would be the nationality of someone and since national identity falls under culture as well, it would be someone's nationality. So you were basically asking for the nationality of our character.

Either way, now that I brought up the definition, I am interested in this so I'll come up with something as well.

Name:
James Faulkner

Wealth at Birth:
Born Poor

Zodiac:
Saggitarius

Hair Color:
Brown

Eye Color:
Blue

Ethnicity:
Scottish

Dominant Hand:
Right

If you look at the definition of ethnicity,

Ethnicity: the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.

That implies ethnicity would be the nationality of someone and since national identity falls under culture as well, it would be someone's nationality. So you were basically asking for the nationality of our character.

Either way, now that I brought up the definition, I am interested in this so I'll come up with something as well.
If you disagree with the how I define the traits or anything like that, you can try thinking of them as game stats, there is a function outside of just what they represent (though they are far, far from game stats).

:)

I can also say ethnicity can affect your appearance as well. I've seen enough Scotts and Irishmen who have brown hair on their head, but have a red beard if they grow it out. Myself included.

I just simply wanted to put the definition out there. Anyway I don't see any point in trying to debate it further, I'll just work on the CS,

I can also say ethnicity can affect your appearance as well. I've seen enough Scotts and Irishmen who have brown hair on their head, but have a red beard if they grow it out. Myself included.
Valid point there.

Also been a while JPax eh? Good to see you.

>Be me
>Try to come up with a really cute way to say "Omen of Death"
>Come up with "Omie" and say it out loud
>It sounds like mommy and homie mixed together
>Realize it's too weird
>Don't say anything for nearly two hours
>Finally decide on not saying Omie
>Rethink life choices
>Do it anyway.

Omie!!!~ how's it going?@÷×! ^-^"

>Be me
>Try to come up with a really cute way to say "Omen of Death"
>Come up with "Omie" and say it out loud
>It sounds like mommy and homie mixed together
>Realize it's too weird
>Don't say anything for nearly two hours
>Finally decide on not saying Omie
>Rethink life choices
>Do it anyway.

Omie!!!~ how's it going?@÷×! ^-^"
Haha lol, its going good, have been spending most of my time lurking around fandom stuff and some realistic and modern RP's but have been running some successful Quest Logs, under the backdrop of your uber popular 'All Your Powers' mine have kinda slowed tho.

Name:
Serenity Alabast
Wealth at Birth:
Born In The Streets
Zodiac:
Aquarius
Hair Color:
Pale Blonde
Eye Color:
One Blue, One Purple
Ethnicity:
English/Irish
Dominant Hand:
Right

Name:
Lucien

Wealth at Birth:
Born In The Streets

Zodiac:
Male

Hair Color:
Brown

Eye Color:
Green

Ethnicity:
White

Dominant Hand:
Right

Welp, turns out everyone posted pretty quick. I think everyone who was interested in joining has already posted, and since I'm done with my test too, I can go ahead and post the next part Early

Tags: The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit SerenityAngel SerenityAngel D duegxybus Damafaud Damafaud The Mechanist The Mechanist Voltsung Voltsung The Omen of Death The Omen of Death Cinder_Rabbit Cinder_Rabbit BackSet BackSet
[class=Frame] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:330px; [/class] [class=Frame2] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:70px; [/class] [class=Option] Cursor:pointer; background-color:white; border: 10px solid transparent; text-align:center; padding:30px; font-weight: bold; color:black; [/class] [class=Option1] border-image:url(https://cms-assets.tutsplus.com/uploads/users/166/posts/27888/image/Step_05_2.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option2] border-image:url(https://cms-assets.tutsplus.com/uploads/users/166/posts/27888/image/Step_05_2.jpg) 10 round; [/class]
[class=Option3] border-image:url(https://cms-assets.tutsplus.com/uploads/users/166/posts/27888/image/Step_05_2.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option4] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [script class=Option on=init] addClass Option Option1 addClass Option Option2 addClass Option Option3 addClass Option Option4 [/script] [class=Result] Cursor:pointer; background-color:black; border: 15px solid transparent; border-image:url(https://images.template.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tileable-stone-texture-6790015.jpg) 10 round; Border-radius:10px; Overflow: hidden; text-align:center; padding:40px; width:80%; margin-left:5%; display: inline-block; font-weight: bold; color: green; [/class] [class=Result1] [/class] [class=Result2] [/class] [class=Result3] [/class] [class=Result4] [/class] [class=Result5] [/class] [script class=Result on=init] addClass Result Result1 addClass Result Result2 addClass Result Result3 addClass Result Result4 addClass Result Result5 [/script]
Name: Hal Sophia
Zodiac: Libra
Hair Color: Black Hair
Eye Color: Blue Eyes
Ethnicity: Caucasian

[div class="Result Result1"] Character Creation 2/8

A Tempting Offer

In the town of Manorflood, a certain couple met. He, a strange man without a last name, without a reason, but with goals and a vision that were clear as day. She, a wealthy girl on the run from the weight of her heritage. The way they bumped wasn't accidental either, but that's a story for another time. The man, who insisted to go by the name "King" (regardless of the bad looks that might earn him from the more patriotic folk) started hanging out with that woman, Leonor, after rescuing her from a group of thugs and her showing him around the city. Without going into too much detail beyond that, this couple would come to marry (taking Leonor's last name as their married name, seeing how King had none) and soon after, have a child, whom they named Hal. Hal Sophia.
The infant took much after their mother: He had blue eyes and black hair, and an almost milky skin that almost blent with Leonor's own "marble". As one might expect, the couple loved their child with all their heart, to the point where the normally rebellious King would go so far as to lick someone's boots (figuratively) to try to get his child to be able to experience the kind of life Leonor once had before she ran from home. To little avail, unfortunately, until one day soon after they moved into a new home, the doorbell rang while King was at work. Leonor was playing with the now 1 year old boy when she heard the doorbell ring and an elderly voice call for "Miss Sophia" from downstairs. Whoever it was, Leonor sighed and gently let little Hal with a large chew toy on the ground, and the black box she had just picked up on the nearby short table, while she went to answer the door.
"Hal, stay there, don't go anywhere, mommy will be right back." Was the last thing Leonor said before leaving. Hal was a smart child, and though he only quarter-understood what she said, maybe it would be enough, or so Leonor hoped.
To the toddler, the room was large, boundless, and so colorful! Even the matt he was sititng on was so comfortable, but of course, everything was more comfortable with mommy around. In fact, even though Hal liked it a lot, the sheer size of the crib next to him, towering upon him like a bloodthirsty giant was an almost frightening presence. Still, the rewards were all here as well. For instance, the open box full on toys, almost within reach but not quite.
As the moments passed, Hal.... [/div] [div class="Result Result2" style="display:none"] Cost:10 points
Traits
+Cheerful:The character tends to have a generally more positive and upbeat disposition in normality and when facing any given event.
-Prankster:The character enjoys playing pranks or making jokes on a constant basis, possibly going too far or being innapropriate at times.
+Hidden Trait-
+Hidden Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result3" style="display:none"] Cost:10 points
Traits
+Cautious:The character will learn to really think twice before acting, tending to be careful but not necessarily hesitant in their approach.
-Momma's Boy:The character has become rather dependent on his mother, and will instinctively seek them out for aid, support and decision-making even as they grow up.
[/div] [div class="Result Result4" style="display:none"] Cost:10 points
Traits
+Hidden Trait-
+Hidden Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result5" style="display:none"] Cost:Free
Traits
+Compassionate:The character shows tends to take pity on those suffering or less well-off, often trying to help them out.
-Prideful:The character thinks of themselves as superior and shows and tends to refuse to admit when tasks are out of their league.
[/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option1"] A
... simply continued playing with his own toy, right up until he fell asleep. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option2"] B
... soon got bored of his toy, and crawled to the box to get a new one. [/div][/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option3"] C
... recalled the black thing his mother left on the table, and curiously reached out to grab it. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option4"] D
... got lonely after his mother left, and followed her out of his room. [/div][/div] [script class=Option1 on=click] hide Result show Result2 [/script] [script class=Option2 on=click] hide Result show Result3 [/script] [script class=Option3 on=click] hide Result show Result4 [/script] [script class=Option4 on=click] hide Result show Result5 [/script] [script class=Result on=dblclick] hide Result show Result1 [/script]

A Tempting Offer

In the town of Manorflood, a certain couple met. He, a strange man without a last name, without a reason, but with goals and a vision that were clear as day. She, a wealthy girl on the run from the weight of her heritage. The way they bumped wasn't accidental either, but that's a story for another time. The man, who insisted to go by the name "King" (regardless of the bad looks that might earn him from the more patriotic folk) started hanging out with that woman, Leonor, after rescuing her from a group of thugs and her showing him around the city. Without going into too much detail beyond that, this couple would come to marry (taking Leonor's last name as their married name, seeing how King had none) and soon after, have a child, whom they named Hal. Hal Sophia.
The infant took much after their mother: He had blue eyes and black hair, and an almost milky skin that almost blent with Leonor's own "marble". As one might expect, the couple loved their child with all their heart, to the point where the normally rebellious King would go so far as to lick someone's boots (figuratively) to try to get his child to be able to experience the kind of life Leonor once had before she ran from home. To little avail, unfortunately, until one day soon after they moved into a new home, the doorbell rang while King was at work. Leonor was playing with the now 1 year old boy when she heard the doorbell ring and an elderly voice call for "Miss Sophia" from downstairs. Whoever it was, Leonor sighed and gently let little Hal with a large chew toy on the ground, and the black box she had just picked up on the nearby short table, while she went to answer the door.
"Hal, stay there, don't go anywhere, mommy will be right back." Was the last thing Leonor said before leaving. Hal was a smart child, and though he only quarter-understood what she said, maybe it would be enough, or so Leonor hoped.
To the toddler, the room was large, boundless, and so colorful! Even the matt he was sititng on was so comfortable, but of course, everything was more comfortable with mommy around. In fact, even though Hal liked it a lot, the sheer size of the crib next to him, towering upon him like a bloodthirsty giant was an almost frightening presence. Still, the rewards were all here as well. For instance, the open box full on toys, almost within reach but not quite.
As the moments passed, Hal....

• ... simply continued playing with his own toy, right up until he fell asleep.

Cost:10 points

Traits

+Cheerful:The character tends to have a generally more positive and upbeat disposition in normality and when facing any given event.

-Prankster:The character enjoys playing pranks or making jokes on a constant basis, possibly going too far or being innapropriate at times.

+Hidden Trait-

+Hidden Trait-

Last edited:
Being on my phone, I can't read any of the options very well, so ultimately it all boils down to a random choice here. But since I can at least see that options exist, I may as well try my best to put in a meaningful vote.
And when in doubt, it's always best to choose the third option, number 3, or C, whenever a little guesswork is needed. The third is usually the most interesting one, at least from my experience.

This vote is set in stone, and will not change. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back