• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic EDENSEED - The Genesian War OOC

Man, that introduction post took longer to write than it should have. I had to rewrite it like four times before finally settling on this version.

Question, how far away are the regions from each other? And... what exactly are the modes of transportation? Should have asked way, way before.

Lekiel Lekiel

Question, how far away are the regions from each other? And... what exactly are the modes of transportation? Should have asked way, way before.

Lekiel Lekiel

Couple hours flight between sentinel and kasai. About 9 hours flight to crespasulyx.

Air/ground shuttles between regions. Hover cars and other random public transportation. No flying cars.

And what is the currency? I didn't know and forgot to ask :P

I haven't thought of it :o! Credits? I dunno, any suggestions?

Any1 have any idea how to create a poll? I don't seem to have the function anywhere... unless you're only allowed that upon newly creating a thread?

I got 3 ideas for currency names:

Credits (simplicity sake, easy to remember)
Zen
Bits

Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Any eta on the CS's?
^3^

Last edited:
Any1 have any idea how to create a poll? I don't seem to have the function anywhere... unless you're only allowed that upon newly creating a thread?

I got 3 ideas for currency names:

Credits (simplicity sake, easy to remember)
Zen
Bits

Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Any eta on the CS's?
^3^
Maybe you can just get an external poll thingy

Not sure there is a way to attach a poll to an existing thread. Could do a strawpoll or something maybe.

EDIT: Currency wise, simplicity seems best?

Currently pondering/researching if it would be possible for Eurica to go straight to command school without having served on the frontlines per se (or at least minimally) Then again, in the Edenseed universe I would think that with the PIC-NEU war being the first all out war in a hundred over years, promotions could happen rather quickly. EDIT:Plus an advanced testing system could be designed to adequately place people in positions they would most efficiently work best in (this is actually what I have in mind).

That being said, though the EdenKnights are separate from the traditional military, any properly functioning group should have a shotcaller (Otherwise they'll have a battle council everytime they reach a fork deep in PIC territory). Other than Eurica, I would think either Gabrielle or Aquilla would be the logical choice?

And on a purely Roleplay Health note, would any1 of you be interested in helping me GM? There will be major spoilers for you, on top of helping me design and run (describe environment) missions :3

Currently pondering/researching if it would be possible for Eurica to go straight to command school without having served on the frontlines per se (or at least minimally) Then again, in the Edenseed universe I would think that with the PIC-NEU war being the first all out war in a hundred over years, promotions could happen rather quickly.

That being said, though the EdenKnights are separate from the traditional military, any properly functioning group should have a shotcaller (Otherwise they'll have a battle council everytime they reach a fork deep in PIC territory). Other than Eurica, I would think either Gabrielle or Aquilla would be the logical choice?

And on a purely Roleplay Health note, would any1 of you be interested in helping me GM? There will be major spoilers for you, on top of helping me design and run (describe environment) missions :3
i'd say its not that unrealistic, some officers go to officer school without having fought.
(also if no one accepts i'll accept helping you gm <3)

Mode of transportation question is nicely answered, thank you!

And credits! Have to remember that now!

As for getting to command school without any combat experience, it is entirely within possibility. A lot of officer candidates are fresh from college/going through college. (Majority go through Officer Candidate School after finishing uni or take the two-part route, as in doing half of OCS in the summer before their senior year and the other half after their senior year.)

Battlefield brevet commissioning and/or promotion is also VERY likely in war-time/combat situation. Although in some cases, they can be thrown back to their former rank if they don't fulfill the requirements for the rank that they were promoted to. **

I think since Aquilla is OF3, she'd be the perfect choice to lead the team, she has both combat and leadership experience from Ardennais and leading a company respectively. On the other hand, Gabrielle wouldn't really have any leadership experience, as her position/rank is mostly being an adviser to green officers/butterbars and helping them call the shots.

Lekiel Lekiel

Also would not mind helping out in the RP behind the scenes!

EDIT: **This usually happens after they get back to the HQ/FOB

Last edited:
Mode of transportation question is nicely answered, thank you!

And credits! Have to remember that now!

As for getting to command school without any combat experience, it is entirely within possibility. A lot of officer candidates are fresh from college/going through college. (Majority go through Officer Candidate School after finishing uni or take the two-part route, as in doing half of OCS in the summer before their senior year and the other half after their senior year.)

Battlefield brevet commissioning and/or promotion is also VERY likely in war-time/combat situation. Although in some cases, they can be thrown back to their former rank if they don't fulfill the requirements for the rank that they were promoted to. **

I think since Aquilla is OF3, she'd be the perfect choice to lead the team, she has both combat and leadership experience from Ardennais and leading a company respectively. On the other hand, Gabrielle wouldn't really have any leadership experience, as her position/rank is mostly being an adviser to green officers/butterbars and helping them call the shots.

Lekiel Lekiel

Also would not mind helping out in the RP behind the scenes!

EDIT: **This usually happens after they get back to the HQ/FOB

What would be a reasonable rank for Eurica in your opinion :D? For... notification purposes

What would be a reasonable rank for Eurica in your opinion :D? For... notification purposes

Hm, assuming that Eurica goes through OCS along with her studies, or she could even go to a military academy so she graduates with a shiny commissioned officer bar, she'll most likely be OF-1 with a non-infantry MOS prior to Ardennais. This way she won't see combat. She can get to Captain(OF3)/Major(OF4) easily since POG MOS tend to promote faster.

EDIT: SPELLING and grammar pfft

Hm, assuming that Eurica goes through OCS along with her studies, or she could even go to a military academy so she graduates with a shiny commissioned officer bar, she'll most likely be OF-1 with a non-infantry MOS prior to Ardennais. This way she won't see combat. She can get to Captain(OF3)/Major(OF4) easily since POG MOS tend to promote faster.

EDIT: SPELLING and grammar pfft

ocs = officer command school?
OF-# lower number is higher rank?
what are pog mos? :O

ocs = officer command school?
OF-# lower number is higher rank?
what are pog mos? :O

Close! Officer Candidate School!

OF - Higher number = higher rank. Also, my bad. I forgot that 2nd LT and 1st LT share the same NATO paygrade which is OF1, Captain is OF2, Major is OF3 and Lieutenant Colonel is OF4, and so on and so forth.

POG MOS (People Other than Grunt Military Occupational Speciality) - That is to say, occupation/jobs in the military that have nothing to do with infantry - it could range from intelligence, logistics, recruiting, military police, food service, health, engineering. If I remember correctly there's an MOS that has to do with chemistry, biology and nuclear warfare or something, which might be something Eurica find herself in?

EDIT: MOS can also be called Career, iirc

Ah, that explains it. That US military website you provided did mention majors could be physicians/engineers and whatnot. Though I wasn't sure whether they had to be soldiers first, before getting their higher education and only then can they be promoted to said rank. Much clearer now!

Ah, that explains it. That US military website you provided did mention majors could be physicians/engineers and whatnot. Though I wasn't sure whether they had to be soldiers first, before getting their higher education and only then can they be promoted to said rank. Much clearer now!

You can enlist first, separate to study then get your commission, but it's a bit confusing, so going the officer route from the get go would be ideal, really.

Also... now that I'm looking at concrete facts - I now know why I thought the paygrade for 2nd LT and 1st LT are different - different sources, haha

Yeah, your suggestion would make more sense for Eurica, given her life background!

On another note: I guess we won't be starting for real till the 23/24th. 24th for me, cause I've got two weddings to attend on the 23rd.
So hold on yeah! Don't drift too far away!

Yeah, your suggestion would make more sense for Eurica, given her life background!

On another note: I guess we won't be starting for real till the 23/24th. 24th for me, cause I've got two weddings to attend on the 23rd.
So hold on yeah! Don't drift too far away!
someones busy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back