• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Doctor Who: The Clockwise Prolixity - OOC

Hype hype hype! ^D^

Yep, same here.

I'm re-doing SAB with some of the extra points, I'll post something when he's done...I think I'm really gonna enjoy being a gadget :D

I'm also really eying off a 'bigger on the inside' and some sort of time travel ability for later in the game.
I COULD BE OUR TEAM'S TARDIS

Edit: Done, go have a look.

Last edited:
Pips, having read up on Gadgets (with a capital G!), I think I have to add traits to the Singularity Wand while pulling from Chauncey's Story Point pool in order to make the device? I'll shoot you a draft sometime today. Love the .gif! =)

I've still got quite a few points left over. If you particularly want a certain Gadget trait, but want to keep more points for yourself we could talk over putting it on SAB. I'm almost keen to have one of every Gadget trait, I can't decide!

Wouldn't that require our characters knowing each other prior to launch? As far as points goes, I'm pretty happy with Chauncey as he is - once I get his wand figured out, I'll be good to go, but thanks for the offer!

Re: SAB v1.1. Neat upgrades! He sounds like one of those cool Star Wars droids with Doctor Who goodies added-on! =)

Arynne, your Dr. Ivy Llewis seems like a pretty neat character because she is someone I can kind of relate to. I am looking forward to RPIng with her! =)

That's because (as Epiph knows) I was on a train and then visiting with somebody and then on a train again. Fact, I am still on a train, except this one has (sort of) wireless. ;)

I may get into Discord at a later time (post-launch). As it stands, I prefer to say what my heart asks here where everyone can see it, not just those in Discord. =)

Esbilon, is there anything you wanted to talk about here? =)

Not particularly. I like Discord (and IRC) because it provides a more casual forum. I don't want to bother everyone with my loose thoughts and idle musings, but I like airing them and having a conversation, not necessarily about the game. I don't think OOC forums are good for that, but I do think that Discord can be.

So, we go live tomorrow. There's already my initial stage setting post up in the Roleplay thread. Folks are welcome to start posting their reaction posts to that and we'll go from there.

One thing to bear in mind for the opening bit; language. While this will be solved for within a few posts, initial posts will not have automatic translation going...so bear in mind that when your fellow robot, lizard man or ancient Babylonian priestess start talking, those English speaker PCs won't necessarily understand what they're saying (and vice versa).

This is intentional. Language won't remain a barrier for long but it's part of the premise. Remember, as players you know each other but as characters, all you know is you were in the middle of doing something and, suddenly, you're waking up on a medical bed in a room you've never been in with people you've never seen, some of whom are nothing like you've ever seen before.

React accordingly!

I added two more lives to Chauncey's Gang. I think that will be all. I also changed Nina's life from "tween" to 7 years old. =)

This is intentional. Language won't remain a barrier for long but it's part of the premise.

I appreciate your pointing this out, Pips. I wasn't certain how this sort of thing was handled in the Doctor Who Roleplaying Game! =)

Purr Purr I would think that even with the voices in his head, Chauncy would refer to WWI as The Great War, no one at the time suspected there would be another. I'll respond to his gentlemanly attentions when the others have had a chance to chip in.

I believe Marshwiggle's going to be preoccupied until Monday. Given that, take your time posting over the weekend. Or feel free to interact with/without language barriers depending on who you're playing. I'll then look to moving things forward once all parties have had a chance to get their feet wet.

Great beginning so far! :)

Purr Purr I would think that even with the voices in his head, Chauncy would refer to WWI as The Great War, no one at the time suspected there would be another. I'll respond to his gentlemanly attentions when the others have had a chance to chip in.

Maybe, Esbilon. I took the phrase from some historical non-fiction I was familiar with some time ago and matched it up with online articles like Wikipedia. Chauncey uses the phrase with the same intention you have stated. In his viewpoint, he is hoping there will be no other wars, though of course, his Gang in the future knows quite differently. In the end, it's just a name of a very bad time.

Great beginning so far! :)

Thanks, Pips! =)

Purr Purr Awesome first post! Feel free to carry around Sab for a little while yet, or even tinker with him a little (he has two mysterious symmetrical hatches on his left and right, containing long thin arms with three fingers at the end, and a single large optical lense limits to a camera on his front and slightly to one side. I'm sure Chauncey would love to investigate them, pull bits apart and you are welcome to investigate either/both of them)

So would it be possible to specify Ivy's an Assyriologist? It could make for some interesting character interplay... :angel:

Purr Purr Awesome first post! Feel free to carry around Sab for a little while yet, or even tinker with him a little (he has two mysterious symmetrical hatches on his left and right, containing long thin arms with three fingers at the end, and a single large optical lense limits to a camera on his front and slightly to one side. I'm sure Chauncey would love to investigate them, pull bits apart and you are welcome to investigate either/both of them)

Ha ha! Thank you, Marsh! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back