• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Doctor Who: The Clockwise Prolixity - OOC

They are. We already resolved the use of the Psychic Trait to read a mind. Now we're resolving the use of the Telepathic Trait to send a message into a mind.

They are. We already resolved the use of the Psychic Trait to read a mind. Next up is the use of the Telepathic Trait to send a message to a mind. That's what Torrey can get between if he's so inclined.

Mind you, to an outside observer, there's been some intense staring and not much else...

What do you mean by "get between"?

What do you mean by "get between"?

This.

I'm thinking whether I even want to resist right now - both ways let me describe different parts of the character, and I'm uncertain which one to choose. Apart from that, I figured it'd be appropriate to let Torrey react first before Aha's "interference" might chance Thoc's reaction once more.

Sorry for being short, on my phone. :)

I added a "Minor Goals" section for Doctor Roundbottom's character sheet. It seems to be fitting for him and it serves to help me easily get back into his head. =)

Minor Goals: To help everyone communicate and reasonably get along, to find out where/when/why they are in this room, to find and finally enjoy (and preferably share) a good cuppa!

Kaerri Kaerri I was wondering if Torrey would be willing to carve an idol of Ishtar for Ahassunu once things have settle down and he's revealed his wood-carving skills. Idols are a central part of Babylonian religion, but it's something I imagine could create some interesting tension in the group given Christianity's rather dim view of worshipping piece of wood, stone or metal.

Probably, if you could explain just what Ishtar looked like for him. Ancient times are mostly long forgotten where he comes from, but he's a fairly live-and-let-live kind of guy.

Ooo yeah, that! He'd be rather uncomfortable with that part, though.

We'll see where we're at when it happens, but descriptions are possible too. Once we get over the language barrier.

Heya everyone!

Just a thought to keep everyone on the same page (a lot is going on at once as is probably to be expected) - I guess we are now waiting on Silanon Silanon 's Thoc to react and then Esbilon Esbilon 's Aha after that? I'll post after they have. That sound good? Pips? Everybody? =)

Thanks, Marsh! I just don't want to race ahead; I want everyone to have fun and that (to me) means their characters get a chance to shine and do what they do. =)

That is basically my understanding, yes.

Mostly because freeform "Who are you?" tends to be significantly affected by the possibility of someone shooting someone. Who knew! ;)

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm hoping for a few posts from everyone and, in particular, for characters to spend some time talking (or trying to talk) to each other before things start moving forward.

Sounds good to me - didn't quite manage to get a post in yesterday, but I should be able to get something up soonish.

Random thought: I really enjoyed all the posts thus far!

My pleasure.

I have another player interested in joining us. Any opinions towards increasing the count by one? I'm pretty near the top of what I feel comfortable handling by play by post but I can handle one more if you guys can. The concept is of an aspiring speculative fiction writer from the turn of the 20th century. Thoughts?

Sure! I'm good with it if everyone else is. I think one more player is all I can handle too or else I'm going to get lost in the jungle.

Subject? Are you still in on this game? Does anyone know?

As for another character around the turn of the 20th century, I say go as long as that player doesn't mind there being another character from around that very same period. =)

I haven't heard from Amerika or Subject since initial interest expressed. Should they get in contact in the reasonably near future, I'll work them in. Otherwise, I assume they're content to spectate or do whatever.

I think one more should be doable - after that, it might get a bit crowded, wherever we are.

Pips? I'd like to have Chauncey roll an Ingenuity + Technology check using his Technically Adept Trait to see what the purpose of the interface is and how to operate it?

Ingenuity (5) + Technology (5) + Trait (2) + 2d6 (7! Average) = 19. =)

Last edited:
Just FYI, spouse is in town for 2 days between forest fires so won't have much time until Sunday to move things along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back