• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Doctor Who: The Clockwise Prolixity - OOC

A man walked up to her as she finished her prayer. Or rather some manner of giant! How tall and wide he was, larger even than she imagined Gilgamesh to have been.

She'd vanish in the thing made for a man twice her size. Instead, she buttoned the top button and wore it as a cloak.

Yikes! I don't know where I gave the impression that Chauncey was a giant, but this is false. Either this or Ahassunu is a very small woman? I know people were indeed built smaller around her time.

Ah, I've got it! I gave the details to Pips in our Conversation, but I forgot to provide Chauncey's physical characteristics in his character sheet! Whoops! I will go and fix that now. =)

Physical description: A friendly-looking portly fellow with kind eyes, a sharp moustache, and able hands.
Height: 5 feet, 9 inches (1.75 meters)
Weight (Chauncey: "Must we get into that?" Dannigan: "Yes!"): 180 pounds (81.7 kg)
Ethnic Origin: Half English, half French.
Typical dress and items: He prefers a clean, respectable, gentlemanly look and fashion that fits into the timeline he is in. He carries a sturdy wooden walking cane and wears round-framed glasses.

Yikes! I don't know where I gave the impression that Chauncey was a giant, but this is false. Either this or Ahassunu is a very small woman? I know people were indeed built smaller around her time.
Ah, I thought he'd be somewhat taller and heavier. But yeah, I was mostly referring to the fact that ancient people were generally smaller than modern people. I'll tweak my post to reflect this.

As Thoc is clearly focused on Torrey at the moment, I'll have a malus on my roll as well - but it'd be on Epiphany to decide how big the malus is, and what you can actually get to see, Esbilon Esbilon . Pretty sure you'll get to see some amount of confusion, though - we'll see :)

He sure is! I can't wait for him to find out! =)

OK, I want to have Ivy do a 'reality check' that involves writing something in cuneiform, but is that too much of a ridiculous plot device? :p

Not in general, I think, but maybe while the airship pirate and the alien warrior monk are having a Mexican standoff.

Maybe he has a C3PO-style language library. Would make sense if he's meant to travel space and time looking for people.

Hmmm, yeah I guess. I would have put it in as another Area of Expertise but I guess there's so many universal language translators out there that it won't really change anything.

Marsh, I love S.A.B.'s boot up sequence (and you're right, who knows? =) ). Totally cool!

“Have you seen him?” the 'bot asked.

I'll take this moment to wait for Pips to do her Gamemaster magic before posting again. Besides that, we still have a lizard and a pirate looking all "macho" at one another. Heh! =)

Hey! Waitaminute! Gamemaster, I have a message I want to pass on, too, and it's really important! What do I need to roll to get this message across?

Woooo! *rolls* We have a winna!! =)

Seriously, I'll hold off on posting until the Torrey and Kal situation is resolved, then the Aha and Kal situation. After that, Chauncey wants to have a talk with S.A.B. and everyone if opportunity permits. =)

I'm thinking whether I even want to resist right now - both ways let me describe different parts of the character, and I'm uncertain which one to choose. Apart from that, I figured it'd be appropriate to let Torrey react first before Aha's "interference" might chance Thoc's reaction once more.

Silanon, I think Torrey's player would appreciate that, too. =)

I'm thinking whether I even want to resist right now - both ways let me describe different parts of the character, and I'm uncertain which one to choose. Apart from that, I figured it'd be appropriate to let Torrey react first before Aha's "interference" might chance Thoc's reaction once more.
I shall post the reaction as soon as I can. ^33^

Esbilon Esbilon Silanon Silanon I'll need to see if Kal resists the telepathic intrusion before adjudicating. Uncontested, a 14 is plenty to pass that message on.
I am a little confused here. Not that Torrey would know in any case, but is this about Aha's trying to sense Thoc's mental state, or about Aha trying to push a message into Thoc's mind? I had thought those were two different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back