• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dc Au- Empires of Justice (Medieval Dcau)

hmm this coudl be fun i would honestly like a spectre host or perhaps a Dr Fate more a dr fate change up the origin so fate has been going fir a much longer time and is a title
Thats fine but bear in mind both of those characters kinda answer to an overarching high concept. Destiny in fates case, and The presence in Spectres case. As long as your okay running orders from those concepts by me first then its fine. I just need some kind of leash to keep the embodiment of gods wrath and the guardian of destiny at manageable levels for this story.

Here is the nation building lore page, ill be adding a world history lore page next, followed by a Cs sheet.

Nubian_Legend Nubian_Legend animegirl20 animegirl20 Crenando Crenando EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Scatterbrain Scatterbrain Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Karcen Karcen

Here is the world history. Its brief and kinda vague to allow for alot more liberties in nation building. NO nations survived the Disaster 4500 years ago, but Several survived the one 500 years ago.

Nubian_Legend Nubian_Legend animegirl20 animegirl20 Crenando Crenando EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Scatterbrain Scatterbrain Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Karcen Karcen

All right i know this is what yall are waiting for.

Hmm... Wonder woman and set themiskera as a sort of Atlantis...or go for the chaos of the joker as a former alchemist turned travelling minstrel (more neutral leaning to evil than pure chaotic evil)

Thats fine but bear in mind both of those characters kinda answer to an overarching high concept. Destiny in fates case, and The presence in Spectres case. As long as your okay running orders from those concepts by me first then its fine. I just need some kind of leash to keep the embodiment of gods wrath and the guardian of destiny at manageable levels for this story.
I don't think Dr Fate answers to Destiny. If anything he would answer to the lords of order because Nabu the spirit in the helm is a lord of order and from what i get he and the other lords aren't fully in communication.

I don't think Dr Fate answers to Destiny. If anything he would answer to the lords of order because Nabu the spirit in the helm is a lord of order and from what i get he and the other lords aren't fully in communication.
Thats what i meant idk why i got it mussed up with destiny. Ive been reading too much sandman lol. But yeah same difference, if power is granted by some big cosmic thingy just run orders from the cosmic thingy by me first if they come into play at all. Otherwise it would basically be giving a player character control over those entities and that can very very quickly come back to bite a Gm in the butt.

Hmm... Wonder woman and set themiskera as a sort of Atlantis...or go for the chaos of the joker as a former alchemist turned travelling minstrel (more neutral leaning to evil than pure chaotic evil)
Remember this is an AU and those existing nations do not need to be perfect mirror reflections of the dc universe. Initially i was gonna give the amazons a more Aztec theme…but i decided to leave it as a nation players can flesh out as they see fit.

Thats what i meant idk why i got it mussed up with destiny. Ive been reading too much sandman lol. But yeah same difference, if power is granted by some big cosmic thingy just run orders from the cosmic thingy by me first if they come into play at all. Otherwise it would basically be giving a player character control over those entities and that can very very quickly come back to bite a Gm in the butt.
np Nabu is a mentor and advisor so no real orders given he likely won't be to active

I al likely just going to remake egypt having had the past Dr Fates having saved it from complete destruction ( they get extended lives but do age so there have been sevral from the impact}

np Nabu is a mentor and advisor so no real orders given he likely won't be to active

I al likely just going to remake egypt having had the past Dr Fates having saved it from complete destruction ( they get extended lives but do age so there have been sevral from the impact}
We can say he saved it from the darksied invasion 500 years ago but not from the 4500 years ago comet strike. Also the sphinx is a pre impact structure (likely tied to nabu and the previous helmet bearer.) , you may have the pyramids if you’d like lol.

If you go fate the helmet can be a pre impact artifact, but it for some reason will not reveal anything from that time period.

We can say he saved it from the darksied invasion 500 years ago but not from the 4500 years ago comet strike. Also the sphinx is a pre impact structure (likely tied to nabu and the previous helmet bearer.) , you may have the pyramids if you’d like lol.

If you go fate the helmet can be a pre impact artifact, but it for some reason will not reveal anything from that time period.
My Fate is the newest and is much younger than that she is still in human range.

I meant that the line of Dr fates have been the ones keeping egypt from being destroyed ( well they couldn't save it all )

My Fate is the newest and is much younger than that she is still in human range.

I meant that the line of Dr fates have been the ones keeping egypt from being destroyed ( well they couldn't save it all )
perfect! If you want yours to be the first then that makes sense and actually remives some of the concerns i had about the pre disaster era so thats a good thing.

I will leave you to build this worlds ancient Egyptian nation.

perfect! If you want yours to be the first then that makes sense and actually remives some of the concerns i had about the pre disaster era so thats a good thing.

I will leave you to build this worlds ancient Egyptian nation
Ok i think there is some miscommunication here.

For this Dr Fate is a title a mantle passed from one generation to the next.

when the impact happened The Dr fate of that day used all their power to more or less protect lower egypt ( where all the cool stuff is)

Since then there have been several Dr fates as they either grew to old or were killed. Dr fate gets a longevity boost but like 300 is max and you are replace before that.

The Dr fate i am making is the latest to be given the title and outfit.

Ok i think there is some miscommunication here.

For this Dr Fate is a title a mantle passed from one generation to the next.

when the impact happened The Dr fate of that day used all their power to more or less protect lower egypt ( where all the cool stuff is)

Since then there have been several Dr fates as they either grew to old or were killed. Dr fate gets a longevity boost but like 300 is max and you are replace before that.

The Dr fate i am making is the latest to be given the title and outfit.
Ah okay. I misread newest. That makes sense.

The issue there is that would leave a nations history intact and I’m not allowing that.

This worlds Egypt didnt exist prior to the Impact. There was one single global civilization that encompassed the entire earth prior to the impact. This civilization is unknown to everyone. The miners of that civilization had technology that could shape mountains. The founders of egypt in this world would be survivors of that disaster, the sphinx is one of the only structures from that time period that was more or less intact (it lost its head.).

While the Helmet itself can be from that era, i regret to inform you that there would be no buildings of Egyptian origin in lower egypt to protect from that disaster. The BD and AD of our timeline DO NOT align with BC and AD of the real world.

Now the Darksied attack is something that could have them protect lower egypt from and it would not be a continuity conflict. But the Impact wiped out everything with the only exceptions being people who were kept safe by chance and being deep underground.

oh so are we creating the nations for our characters like if I am doing Zatanna her homomagi race could've been their own nation or the remanence of one?

oh so are we creating the nations for our characters like if I am doing Zatanna her homomagi race could've been their own nation or the remanence of one?
Yes you can also make them a part of any existing nation if the creator of it is okay with that. Mepolis is open to all.

Feel free to make your own nation in the lore tab if you want.

Ah okay. I misread newest. That makes sense.

The issue there is that would leave a nations history intact and I’m not allowing that.

This worlds Egypt didnt exist prior to the Impact. There was one single global civilization that encompassed the entire earth prior to the impact. This civilization is unknown to everyone. The miners of that civilization had technology that could shape mountains. The founders of egypt in this world would be survivors of that disaster, the sphinx is one of the only structures from that time period that was more or less intact (it lost its head.).

While the Helmet itself can be from that era, i regret to inform you that there would be no buildings of Egyptian origin in lower egypt to protect from that disaster. The BD and AD of our timeline DO NOT align with BC and AD of the real world.

Now the Darksied attack is something that could have them protect lower egypt from and it would not be a continuity conflict. But the Impact wiped out everything with the only exceptions being people who were kept safe by chance and being deep underground.
ah well not the twist i was expecting from you trying to keep the past a dark secret.

As far as history i was going with given they were going to obviously be advanced without trade from elsewhere they collapsed and lost their tech falling back to magic.

I am trying to figure out how ot make it basically ancient egypt but with magic. That includes the long lasting nature of the place basically having started right after the impact. Was using older because i assumed at most you had made the secret of the past that actually before the impact it was modern day.

ah well not the twist i was expecting from you trying to keep the past a dark secret.

As far as history i was going with given they were going to obviously be advanced without trade from elsewhere they collapsed and lost their tech falling back to magic.

I am trying to figure out how ot make it basically ancient egypt but with magic. That includes the long lasting nature of the place basically having started right after the impact. Was using older because i assumed at most you had made the secret of the past that actually before the impact it was modern day.
Lol no not quite. And its not really a revelation or a twist it was listed in the lore. What this civilization was actually capable of? Now thats the twist. The “dark secret” is less of a secret and more of a way for me to set up the first major league villans plot, threat, and eventual downfall. If you look around the threads im sure youll figure out who the first major threat is.

okay thought about how to do it how about the " first" Dr Fate was the one that that taught the survivors which lead to them becoming a more magically adept civilization ( that just so happens to share the ancient egypt look). With Dr Fate more or less being their defender ( for big things) and most aren't aware Dr Fate is a passed down thing.

Remember this is an AU and those existing nations do not need to be perfect mirror reflections of the dc universe. Initially i was gonna give the amazons a more Aztec theme…but i decided to leave it as a nation players can flesh out as they see fit.
True enough though Greek culture is something that I know more than Aztec (which does sound cool.)

To be honest I am drawn to another idea, turn the green lanterns to a monastic knightly order maybe with either middle Eastern or Asian influences.

So many ideas so little decisiveness.

hmm a green lantern as a knight templar neat
I have in mind that they dress like unassuming travellers and beggars in all the various nations. When trouble start they reveal their ring and cover themselves in emerald green armor and weapons. Each member has a unique manifestation of armor and weapons based on their personality and culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back