• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DBZ: Piracy on the Sea of Stars

Ah, good point. Gohan and Vegeta are probably the characters with the most evolution, so going "Yeah, that's how he is" is only true for certain points of the story.

Gohan was a calm, peaceful kid who sometimes had rage fits that made him go APE SHIT for most of his life. Teen Gohan was a bit different, but fundamentally the same.

Then adult Gohan is kinda ... Exactly as Thief described.

And- Yes. Transformations of all kinds except ones like Great Ape and such... should definitly be deeply emotional moments linked to awesome RP Moments. On that note- I was thinking of uh. For mine, refluffing the Alien Transformations into unlocking more and more of my original power- but needing such emotional moments to break past the locks and barriers that where placed on that power.

What is more. Let me simply note this. I just hope I manage to avoid falling behind the Saiyans. Hopefully, I'll keep up through sheer stubborn egomaniacal determination.

Odd question then... are we limited to only 3 Z-souls, or is that the minimum?

And the dragonballs aren't a source of mystic power, they are a means by which Kami amplified his mystical power, adding a year charge time, a quest, so that the magics he wields could become strong enough to grant someone immortality or bring back the dead.

Also, if transformation fatigue causes XP I probably shouldn't start with the one I have stated up.

Yeah, mayhap that may not be the best drawback, then, Vinom. Also, I'll allow more Z-souls, especially if you really want to put a certain spin on your character. However, I'd caution against more than five, at least initially. We gotta give your characters some room to grow, right?

@SephirothSage : I quite like that transformation idea. If exp difference becomes a noticeable issue, we'll work something out. Maybe demon training in the netherworlds allows you to train at a much faster rate than mortals in the normal universe? I dunno, I'm just spitballing right now.

Also, I'm not sure about Aptitudes. I'm pretty sure that race is the only way to gain them.

I imagine that finding a master and training under them would give you benefits akin to Aptitudes, though. Like, how Turtle School emphasized speed and strength, while Crane School emphasized ki control and techniques.

Right. Also- I just feel the need to say it.

Expect me to be a BIG Ham. A HEAVY Ham. A CRISPIN FREEMAN PROPORTIONED HAM. (( Or Norio Wakamoto for those of you who watch Dubs.))

This demon's ego is massive- and he is hammy as shit to boot. I intend to have a lot of fun being as bombastic as I can get away with- and I also like the idea of training with a master eventually- maybe you pay 100 EXP for a single new aptitude to round yourself out, later on when you have a master to teach you?

Heck, just putting it off till later until someone can teach me such a technique could work too... but if you guys are ok with saying just ignore the fatigue, so am I.

Doing the math, until we acquire our own beandaddy, Saiyan's won't power level that quickly. Assuming I had 5 Strenght and 5 toughness, which would take 540 XP, I could get 6 extra XP for being being two zero, and an extra 24 for being killed (Save burning a Fate Point). Sure with a Senzu supply, things will advance for the Saiyans, but not too dramatically.

It's not so much Berserk and Unberserk... the basic idea, in DnD terms, is turning a single fighter into a Warlord riding a Barbarian.

A high low split of the mind, great kinetic memory actions, tactical direction from a self outside the one driving the body like a rented car at a demolition derby.

Mmm. Meanwhile, I'm just....

Well. I intend to just develop really flashy energy attacks, mostly.

Also- when we've got a forum set up to start actual Chargen and post sheets, would you mind talking with me in a Convo about Ki attacks, and future transformation stuff?

I'm still confused about Ki attacks and XP cost... it seems like they're waffling between whether or not you can improve in the field.

Also, how does 'upgrading' an attack work, XP wise?

I would presume you pay the difference between what it cost before, and what it would cost with the modifications made.

Right, but let's say I go from Air Wave Punch to Supreme Air Wave Punch, changing the attack from 2 additional damage to 10, and from 1 Ki cost to 9... the net XP cost change would be 0 as I'm made a 5 fold increase in the base cost and a 5 fold decrease in the cost multiplier. Do I have both versions now magically at no cost?

I believe this in one of those things that makes me ask if we're going to rebuild with every version release and send feed back to cream games.

Well...Maybe figuring out Legendary Super Saiyandom eventually might be cool.

Alternately, I just wanna see if we can figure out Fusions. Those were one of my favorite of all the transformations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back