• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DBZ: Piracy on the Sea of Stars

Hot Husbands are a thing to. There are many of them in the DBZ Universe, I am sure.

Like the entire male half of the Saiyan Race.

I may in fact have good Charisma, to have a wider range of skills at the cost of less raw destructive power, so that we have someone to talk to things outside of combat- which the two Saiyans I am sure, will already be plenty good at.

Making me the talky person and artillery piece.

I was planning on pickup up a bit of the 'talky-person suite', good charisma, ok deception/command, and a Z-soul that harmonizes with getting people to treat me right.

Alright- but your Aptitudes are Strength and Offense. You'll have Zero matching aptitudes for any of that, making it more expensive for you by a lot than for me- Saiyan aptitudes are Strength and Offense. All fighty.

Ah... right, I've been mentally planning under the assumption that Humans with Saiyanblood have Charisma and Offence, along with Gifted and Saiyan blooded.

That would be really, really OP, to.

Because you have the thing that makes things cheaper, and the thing that gives you more EXP than anyone else- my one real balance issue here, actually, is just how Saiyans are made stronger by the simple fact that... Well.

According to the rules, they will get more EXP than everyone? I mean- it makes sense, yes.

Doesn't make it fair or balanced- I'm currently rather worried about falling way behind you guys because you'll both be getting mroe EXP per session.

Only if we take fatigue in battle. My character's probably going to fall behind the other saiyan anyway, because of a simple laziness. Besides, there are ways to line it up. I mean, you have things going for you that we can't. At best, we actually die, then it's a loong storyline to carried out split between two worlds for us to get wished back. You die, you get a get out of HELL free pass, by dint of being a native.

Besides, honestly, it really depends on the sort of things that happen in campaign. If there are major intellectual or social aspects to it, your character is going to far outshine ours, just by dint of your experience being more efficient when being spent in those areas.

As aside, is it bad that I'm hoping Super Saiyans don't show up for QUITE some time, if they even do? The whole trivialization of the Super Saiyan transformations always bugged me in the series. I mean, when Goku first transformed, it was this huge, ominous moment. Given the soundtrack and the focus on him, it really felt like the series had suddenly hit its Godzilla threshold.

Fast-forward to the Buu saga, and Goten becomes a super saiyan while sparring with Chi Chi. It just cheapened what was otherwise this awesomely mysterious and exciting thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do suppose your right- well. Social.

Not intellectual, I'm just as dumb as shit as you guys are.

Unless I take Ki/Social, instead of Ki/Charisma- yeah. Ki/Social, so I can have some Knowledge.

And yes. All I need to do to get out of hell?

Have you two chant my name and sacrifice a Virgin. Or have some of my Cult/Fans do it, I dunno...

Also- Fatigue in battle is sort of inevitable, isn- well, no, on closer look, not so much.... Although- how Kaioken works explains why it was so OP on Goku. He was powerfeeding himself EXP everytime he used Kaioken! That's how Goku got so far ahead of everyone else!

By the system's rationale...yes. But as a reminder: the only way to get the Kaioken is to meet one of the Regional Kais. Typically, that's reserved for people that 1) have died and 2) have survived the months-long trek down Snake Way.

Also, the simple fact of the Z-Fighters having access to Dragon Balls was the only thing that made that part really feasible. Goku was always skirting the line of passing the hell out in the middle of a fight.

Very, very true.

And besides- the real reason he got ahead was spirit, determination, super intense training, and being basically DBZ verses Jesus.

He dies for their sins. Repeatedly.

But on a fully serious note; Goku was awesome, I was just trying to make a joke because I'm really bored right now.

Yeah. Super Alien Space Jesus 2.0... that's a good way to put it.

Although, he's less bullshit than superman, and better written, so. *Cough*

I'm gonna assume you refer to New 52 Superman. Or Man of Steel Superman. Because they were basically made by writers that didn't even like the character from what I can tell.

I am, yes.

Although, I was never a Superman comic fan, I am. I did like the older movies, though- I just could never get into Superman. I understand on one level- he's there as a hero whose as good as he is to be an inspiration, explicitly for the sake of being that good. He's perfect, unassailable, a paragon of rightness and goodness. He's there to be that ultimate role model, and all that.

But I just can't ever really get invested in the comics, because I can never actually buy that Superman is in real danger. No matter what, I can't view him as actually being in danger- which kills suspense and Drama for me entirely. On the other hand- we have Goku. Most every fight he's in, you can buy he's in danger. The way they do it, him and the Z-Fighters- not only do they not always win, but they always seem to be on the edge, in danger- that's a lot more exciting, a lot more fun to watch, for me.

Y'know what I mean? I don't necessarily actively dislike Superman- I just can't get interested or invested in someone who... I view as being indestructible? I dunnow, maybe I just never stuck with the comics long enough.

Honestly, the way I read the Saiyan Blood feature, the Kaioken wouldn't feed it. That only fatigue caused by damage counted, and that transformations don't count as that...

But ya, Goku is the best Space Jesus... even better then the God-Emperor of Mankind

Alright, so, wow, I missed a lot. Anyways, to answer some points:

@vinom: Hybrids are counted as Saiyans. Gohan, the ur-example gets zenkai power-ups, can transform into the Great Ape, and can go Super Saiyan. That sounds like he has "I'm the son of a Human and Saiyan" Z-Soul, with perhaps a 'GYAAAAAARGH!" Z-Soul to add whenever he flips out and busts some heads.

Looking at the Kaioken, I believe that Vinom is correct, but I'd allow Kaioken fatigue to count for Saiyans for their Saiyan Blood feature. According to what I recall from the manga, the technique is supposed to be a high-risk, high reward skill that allows you to balloon your ki power for short periods, which may or may not also kill you with the strain. Such a technique works well for Saiyans, so if they want to overexert for that sweet Zenkai exps, Why not? They're only threatening themselves, after all. And hell, if you guys DO find one of the Kais to train you? All the more power to you. Not that I wouldn't discount alien mystics or other sages of wisdom out in the cosmos...

I also quite enjoy the dynamic you all seem to be shaping towards.

@Thief of Words: I'd assume that the Dragon Balls aren't the only source of mystic power out there. I'd imagine that, even with your modest power initially, you could find some sort of magic item or sage that could accomplish something similarly. I wouldn't worry about Death that much.

As for Super Saiyan. I agree with you. When it's tied to the character and a moment of sheer loss and rage, it becomes much more meaningful than a logical and necessary power tier. Probably my favorite moment for this is my boy Future Trunks, who had to lose his mentor and one true friend to achieve it, and for what? To fight a losing battle against monster cyborgs. Naw, at least for the foreseeable future, you'll have to be content with Great Ape, at least for Saiyan racial transformations.

Finally, @SephirothSage I don't imagine it takes much to be summoned into the real world. Heck, Towa and Mira seem to get along fine and they're both demons. Never mind Dabura, either, although I suppose, in his case, Babidi helped with his magic. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the flip out and rage out mode's z-soul for Gohan varies depending on his age. Usually he has a nervous or goofy main z-soul, then a SRS BSNS one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back