• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

jasmineHere

Hello there! Fancy meeting you here. While I am new to RP Nation, I've been RPing for a while now. This is a universe that I've RP'd in with a few friends before. We had so much fun with it and I figured, since many of us are at home now, why not share it with you to see who might be interested.

About the World

In a world already brimming with trouble, it seems like there's little room for breaking the norm. Even at an early age, humans attack those that look a little different. How are you supposed to live when you truly are different?

Vampires, Werewolves, Warlocks, Witches, Fairies and many others have existed since the dawn of time. Never welcomed and always prosecuted, they've kept a low profile. Being discovered always spelled doom to the unfortunate being involved and often would bring about chaos to humans and non- humans alike.

The Fallen, as they would come to define themselves, have existed as a community for centuries. With a council of twelve at the helm, they did their best to stay in hiding. When a fallen would accidentally risk the existence of the community, the council stepped in and erased all the traces, used their abilities to wipe the memories of humans and made sure to handle the rogue appropriately. Even if that required the death of the individual for the greater good.

An overview of Fallen Creature Types
The Fallen creatures all hold the blood of either Ifrit or Ava. Ifrit was the first demon to invade earth, while Ava was the fallen angel that was banished to Earth. It's said that all Fallen creatures and their descendants were the outcome of affairs between either Ava or Ifrit and a human.

Descendants of Ava usually associate with light, wind and fire more, while the descendants of Ifrit associate with darkness, water and ice.
Note: The following species are not the only species available for RPing. Feel free to suggest others and we can work them out.

Descendants of Ava:
  • Fairies: Usually smaller in size (can reach 3 feet in height), possess wings, can go invisible and master a few spells such as shrinking items and summoning light or fire. Not immortal. Can live up to 200 years.
  • Elves: Heights are somewhere between 5 and 7 feet. Posses the usual pointed ears. Immortal (cannot die from old age but can die from injuries and attacks). Reach maturity around 150 years (equivalent of 18 in human years) and never age. Usually master spells like mind reading (target has to be within close proximity and the spell lasts usually around a minute), telepathy and divination (has limits).
  • Warlocks and Witches: Unlike other species, warlocks and witches can either be descendants of Ava or Ifrit. They age similar to humans and are mortals having the same lifespan as normal humans. Warlocks and witches usually can master spells similar to fairies and elves (that lend themselves more to light, fire and wind).
Descendants of Ifrit:
  • Vampires: Immortal pale creatures that feed on blood of humans and/or animals. Are nocturnal and must avoid direct sunlight as it causes them to weaken rapidly. Possess night vision and are almost blind in sunlight. Contrary to common belief, they are not dead humans brought back to life. That being said, a human can be turned into a vampire if bitten during intercourse. They usually possess higher strength and athletic abilities but what sets them apart is each vampire usually has a gift. That gift is usually an extraordinary ability such as summoning ice, fire, telepathy or others. Vampires age normally until their twenties then stop aging.
  • Werewolves and werebeings: Humans that possess the ability to turn into wolves, tigers, dogs and other animals. Unlike vampires, they can survive in sunlight. When they're younger and inexperienced, they usually can't control their abilities very well and will forcibly turn into their animal counterpart at night. Similar to vampires, humans can be turned into werebeing if bitten during intercourse. In their animal form, they possess night vision and possess extraordinary speed and strength. Unlike vampires, they age similar to humans with a similar lifespan.
  • Warlocks and Witches: Unlike other species, warlocks and witches can either be descendants of Ava or Ifrit. They age similar to humans and are mortals having the same lifespan as normal humans. Warlocks and witches of Ifrit usually can master spells that lend themselves more to darkness, ice and water.
Relationships between the Fallen and Humans
While relationships between the Fallen and humans are forbidden by the council, they're not unheard of and have happened hundreds of times throughout history. The offspring of such a relationship usually possess similar abilities and characteristics to their Fallen parent but tend to be weaker.

If discovered by the council, the human and the fallen will be murdered and any offspring will be captured by the council and put up for adoption.

Distinguished Figures
  • The Council: The ruling body of the fallen consisting of twelve individuals of different races. Together, they decide on the laws that govern the fallen. Their goal is to make sure the Fallen community is always safe.
  • The Masters: The first council the Fallen community ever came to know. Legends would say it was led by a master warlock and his eleven students. The master and the students are said to all have died either with age or in wars and followed by many other rulers.
  • The Strix: Whispers speak of a vampire and his followers that plan to revolt against the council. They're said to believe that the Fallen are the higher beings and as such, should be living their lives publicly with humans serving them.
Who are you?
You are a group of travelers that have made a grave mistake that risks angering the council. You've murdered a high profile human. Not only that, but you believe that your incident was captured on surveillance camera.
You don't know if the council has found about the incident or not but you hope that you can hide the evidence and pretend nothing happened before the council finds out.
Will you be able to escape the council's wrath? Will you uncover secrets about the Fallen community? Will you face your own inner demons? Will you master your abilities? Will you fall in love along the way?

Will you survive?

The Rulebook
  • Follow the general rules of RPNation and listen to RPNation staff and mods.
  • Drama in-character is very much welcome, but drama between players is not. We're here to have fun so let's keep it that way.
  • No god-modding or going OP.
  • Do not kill another RPer's character or roleplay their actions. A character's death is alright as long as the player is giving consent and planning it with others.
  • Stick to your species' powers.
  • Just make sure to be respectful of others
Post Rules
  • Must be able to post at least twice a week. Life happens so I understand if you have to go on a vacation or have something happen. If the situation arises where you need to be absent, please notify me so I can either work something out for your character explaining their absence.
  • I would say medium-advanced literacy is expected. I honestly don't encourage paragraphs upon paragraphs of text unless a special scene is playing out or a flashback is needed. Many RPers tend to post less because they want to write a lot. I'd rather you post more and keep the story going, if that makes sense.
  • That being said, every post should at least include: Your thoughts/feelings about the situation you're in, your reaction or action to what's going on and your verbal response. Give other characters something to react to.
Questions and Answers:
Will be adding the questions people ask here with their answers so it's more convenient for everyone.
  • Is this set in the medieval times or modern times? Modern Times. Your character could have lived for centuries and witnessed the medieval times, but the events taking place are now in modern times.
  • Should all characters be involved in the same crime? How do they join the group of travelers? You don't have to directly involved in the crime that took place but you need to be associated one way or another. For example, you could have been the personal assistant serving the human the was was murdered. Seeing that you're a Fallen creature, you will need to escape with the group to avoid the council blaming you for the crime. We'll be working together based on the characters' backgrounds to come up with a situation that makes sense and gets everyone rolling from the get go.
  • Can I play a human? I'll be allowing one human spot on the group of travelers. It's up to you whether they've joined willingly or unwillingly.
  • Are all species influenced by European lore or can we have species from other cultures as well? I honestly don't mind having creatures from other cultures as long they make sense with the rest of the universe. They will need to either be a descendant of Ifrit or Ava, for example. They can't be overpowered. Their abilities will need to be well-balanced with the other creatures, etc.
  • Can I RP a Council member or a Strix member? At least in the beginning of the RP, in order to get things going on, I'd rather not. That being said, I have a few ideas if you absolutely want to play someone associated with the Strix or the council.
  • How many characters can I play? I'm limiting us to two characters at least in the beginning. I'll be playing two characters myself (and side characters as needed).
Notes From Me
  • If people are interested, each RPer would select a species (no problem if several people select the same species) and a few abilities (I can offer some ideas that would work for your species but you can also come up with ones that would make sense)
  • I'm aiming for 6 - 7 players to be in the group of travelers. Depending on the interest, we'll either spin up several groups with parallel arcs that cross paths or I'll open up the Strix and the Council for players.
  • I have a few events related to this universe in plan, but I'd like to open this up to your creativity. Do you have a character with a backstory that can act as a plotline in this universe? Happy to plan it with you! My job is to keep everyone entertained and keep this RP going.
  • Do you have any questions? Ideas? Happy to help. This is my first RP on RPNation so I know I'll probably make mistakes. Don't hesitate to let me know.
  • Just have fun and stay safe
Other threads
OOC (only post there after being approved):
Fantasy - Dawn of the Fallen [OOC]
Characters: Fantasy - Dawn of the Fallen [Character]

Last edited:
I'm confused on the setting. Is it medieval, modern...?
Oops! Sorry about that, should've mentioned it's set in modern times. Depending on the player's character, the character would have lived for centuries so would have witnessed the medieval times and so on.

Hello, here to express my interest, I'm still reading several things over to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything but I also had several questions!

Is each individual of the group wanted for the same crime, as in, they each killed a different human, and have somehow gathered and agreed to escape persecution together? Or would the group have started off together on the same heist/operation/mission that ended up with the important human dying and thus the group flees together?

For setting, I'm curious at to where exactly the origin of the council is - as a lot of influences from Old English faelore and American myths differ greatly, I'm curious as to which way the tone of the RP may end up favoring more. (Less serious question: will you be looking for realistic pictures or otherwise?)

EDIT: I don't mind whichever uh way you prefer the appearances, as always, gotta respect the lores and directions that were intended for rp!

Last edited:
Hello, here to express my interest, I'm still reading several things over to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything but I also had several questions!

Is each individual of the group wanted for the same crime, as in, they each killed a different human, and have somehow gathered and agreed to escape persecution together? Or would the group have started off together on the same heist/operation/mission that ended up with the important human dying and thus the group flees together?
I've actually been thinking about that first question and feel that for the sake of the RP pacing, the group would come together through one crime.
I didn't specify the crime because I didn't want to force it on the players joining the RP, but one situation that I thought of for example is:

Two fallen friend were accompanying their friend who was one her way to break up with a human billionaire she'd been seeing. The human tried to stop her using force and they intervened to help resulting in him dying. The billionaire's new intern, a Fallen who's been living in the human world, entered the room and witnessed the incident. To avoid being associated with the crime, he runs away with the group. The friends and their new companion run and hide for the night at an acquaintance's place who decides to help them.

In my experience, utilizing the players' backstories to build up the incident would be best. To give everyone enough motive to interact from the get go :)

For setting, I'm curious at to where exactly the origin of the council is - as a lot of influences from Old English faelore and American myths differ greatly, I'm curious as to which way the tone of the RP may end up favoring more.
Honestly, I've always felt they would have influences from Old Europe in general. But it's been something like an assumption in my head. Just because of my studies lending themselves more there. That being said, I wouldn't object to having other influences :)

(Less serious question: will you be looking for realistic pictures or otherwise?)
Pretty please let it be drawn FCs TwT
I don't mind drawn FCs personally. Anything that captures what the character looks like. I've always been more partial to picking realistic/semi-realistic pictures but I've seen the power of drawn FCs when it comes to the supernatural especially.

I'll throw my hat into this.
Happy to have you onboard :)

If you guys don't mind and are still interested, I can setup a character thread. I figured if at least 3 people are interested, we can start planning the characters, etc.

-waves- Hey Pleb~
Hey Ayama

Happy to have you onboard :)

If you guys don't mind and are still interested, I can setup a character thread. I figured if at least 3 people are interested, we can start planning the characters, etc.
Happy to be here!
Go ahead with the character thread although I should warn you that's past midnight where I am so I might not reply depending on my exhaustion.

Thanks for answering all of that! I think I'd be really interested in how your studies may show in the roleplay, Old Europe always has the most underrated creepy and harrowing stories and figures, whenever I stumble upon those works. I'm vibing in my seat just thinking what you could introduce for us!

I also think that's a really good handle on the 'why they're all together on this crime' - hopefully one of us spits out a really good backstory for you to launch the crime background!

Thanks for answering all of that! I think I'd be really interested in how your studies may show in the roleplay, Old Europe always has the most underrated creepy and harrowing stories and figures, whenever I stumble upon those works. I'm vibing in my seat just thinking what you could introduce for us!

I also think that's a really good handle on the 'why they're all together on this crime' - hopefully one of us spits out a really good backstory for you to launch the crime background!
I'm super excited too! Gonna do my best to hopefully make sure everyone has fun but please don't hesitate to share your own ideas if you want (even in DM if you want them to be a secret).

Should be super fun!

This looks really interesting and well thought out. I'd be interested in being a part of it if you'll have me. :]

This looks really interesting and well thought out. I'd be interested in being a part of it if you'll have me. :]
Happy to have you! Feel free to post a character or two :)

For everyone, I'm going to post mine tomorrow morning. I have two planned but I want to give everyone a chance to pick things first and adapt mine accordingly.

*knock knock* Hey there! I would love to be a part of this group. Let me know if there are openings available still!

*knock knock* Hey there! I would love to be a part of this group. Let me know if there are openings available still!
Of course, the beauty of this universe is I have a few plans for how this can play out as interest grows :) Please feel free to post a character and we can take it from there!

This looks interesting
Yay! Please feel free to post a character and we'll get things planned out.

A reminder to everyone, the deadline is Sunday, April 5, so you can have the weekend to plan your beautiful characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back