• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Emilia smiled. "You're welcome." She stopped a moment to let Nidia climb on. Nidia ended up hugging her from behind, wrapping both her arms and legs around her.

Roy watched before shaking his head. "Well, at least someone is willing to tolerate her."

Emilia giggled. "Oh, it doesn't bother me."

"Of course it doesn't," Siege and Jalin muttered in unison before looking at each other with raised eyebrows.

Turac walked up to join the party as they passed the inn. Now they just had to buy provisions.

Roy spoke as they headed towards the market. "So, we need the basics. Food that will keep so our rations don't run out, basic medical supplies as a precaution and tools for maintaining our equipment, assuming we don't have those already. Does anyone need something specific?"

Turac didn't know much about adventuring, so he kept quiet. "Stress relief," Siege said.

"I believe we will need a detailed map," Jalin spoke up, "And perhaps also a guide." Though that part was negotiable, if the map was good.

"A map would definitely be useful. A guide.... We'd have to find someone we can trust, or someone who won't ask questions."

"Let's just focus on material supplies. With a map, we can get by without a guide. If we happen to find a suitable guide, that would be fortunate."

Roy nodded. "That's a good place to start." He glanced around as they came to the market. The general store would probably have preserved foods for long trips, so he headed for that first.

Turac went with Roy to the general store, he'd never really been in one before since he was little, so it was a curious thing. There were so many knick-knacks!

Jalin turned to Nidia, "I believe we will need alchemical supplies, no?"

Roy looked around as he stepped in. He found general stores to be rather appealing himself, mainly because the wide variety of things for sale were categorized and it was very aesthetic.

Nidia nodded. "Ah, yeah! We should find the local apothecary."

"You guys never told me stores were like this," Turac smiled. Mostly because with Nyah they'd never had to go shopping except for the odd trip for something Nyah couldn't make, and even then Turac had never seen the inside of one before.

"Indeed," Jalin tapped his cane, "Shall we go, then?"

Siege grabbed Emilia's hand, "I need the seamstress' help."

Roy nodded. “They are rather nice. I’ve considered owning a shop, but I don’t know what I’d sell.”

Emilia glanced at Siege before looking at Nidia. “I’m afraid that means splitting up.”

“Aw...” Nidia hopped anyway before glancing at Jalin.

"What do the dried goods look like?" Everything Turac ate was soggy or still breathing, so he didn't know what preserved food looked like.

Jalin sighed and offered his elbow, since Nidia seemed to feel the need to cling to something. "Come along, then."

“That would be...over here.” Roy led the way to where the provisions were, finding the travel food among them.

That was more than Nidia was expecting, so she smiled and happily latched on.

Emilia looked at Siege. “So, how can help?”

Turac looked at the rations, finding them a bit... well not good looking. "I am less enamored with stores now..."

Jalin rolled his stones, "You are predictable," he sighed as he tapped his cane again, heading in the direction of a store he thought was an apothecary.

Siege looked up at Emilia and sighed, "i need to get new clothes that aren't covered in Nidia's... stuff."

“Rations are meant to last, first and foremost.”

Nidia shrugged. “At the moment, I can’t help it. Believe it or not, this is me controlling myself. It’s quite the struggle.” She started absentmindedly nuzzling his arm as she spoke.

“Ah. I can do that. I’ll just need a spot to work.”

"Yes, but..." Well, Turac didn't exactly have an argument for why the food presented wasn't acceptable, other than that it was strange. But then Turac ate people, so strange to him was highly relative.

"I believe an alchemical recipe to terminate a heat may exist, or be yet discovered." Jalin shrugged, "Perhaps the apothecary will have a remedy."

"No, I mean..." Siege bit her lip, "We don't really have that kind of time, and I don't like wearing white all the time." But damn she loved that dress! Too bad she'd have to burn it, or she'd be back where she was whenever she put it on.

“It will do. We can buy some spices as well, if we feel like we’ll want to enhance it.” Roy started making his selection.

“Yeah, I’ll look into it. If I can learn a recipe for that, it would be very useful.”

“Ah... We can go to the Psychic Seamstress. I think she has a catalog of premade outfits that only require some slight adjustment to fit.”

Turac, not really knowing what to do, ended up fulfilling the role of being the arms that carried things.

"Seems like it would keep Siege under control." Jalin hooked the door handle and let them inside, a bell announcing their entry to the shopkeep.

That was a thing? "You sure?"

Roy gathered the appropriate amount of rations, getting a varied for different tastes, as well as a map, making sure to check it to make sure it was legit. He also grabbed a compass. Everyone in the party had a good general sense of direction, most of them being part beast, but just in case.

Nidia took a deep breath as they stepped in, smelling the scent of the various herbs. She let out a contented sigh before promptly sneezing and rubbing her nose.

“Yep. Ah, but you’re still putting out pheromones too, aren’t you? Making sure the outfit fits will likely rub that off on it a bit.”

Half a month's rations took considerable space for a party of six, with five of them eating. "What about writing supplies to feed Book?", Turac asked.

"Shopkeep?", Jalin called, looking around the shop. Getting no immediate answer he tapped his cane to sound around the shop. This place must have not gotten near as much business as it seemed, there was a layer of dust of some sort on the counter. Of course, Jalin couldn't see that that "dust" was leftovers from some mix of herbs and ingredients that left a grey powder.

"I'll come out of it when she does," Siege looked in the direction Jalin had taken Nidia with Katsuo. "You have my measurements, right?"

"I brought writing supplies with me to send letters back home, but it wouldn't hurt to have some extra.

Nidia finally let go of Jalin to start looking around. May as well find what she knew she needed while they waited for the owner.

"Ah, right. I can give those to her and it should be fine. Well, shall we go then?"

"Let's not get things we don't need, when there's things we do."

Jalin sighed as he realized the old shopkeep wasn't present, but hadn't put up a Closed sign. He might as well find what he was after, anyway. Someone would show up, or they'd come away with supplies free of charge, who knew?

"Yeah..." Siege nodded, letting Emilia lead the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back