• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Oh, that," the old bunny sniffed and weighed out the herbs, telling Nidia the total. He didn't use the bank system, so she had to pay in cash. "Sonny, I really need you to buy something or leave the pretty girl alone."

"That pretty girl is my companion," Jalin sighed and tapped his way up to the counter with his own purchases.

"Don't break them." Turac took Siege's hammer and her normal armor, they were probably in his treasure stomach by now, so that axe and magic leather were all she had.

Nidia nodded. “Yeah, he’s with me.” She fished out the money she’d kept on hand and paid for the herbs before taking it all and the heat solution and stowing it away.

Silver nodded. “Don’t worry. I guarantee they’ll come back in the same condition as when you set them on the counter.” She gathered the items up and headed to the back.

The old bunny was less eager to make small-talk with the blind man hobbling on a cane than he was with the pretty young catgirl in heat, so Jalin's transaction was less wordy. It was mutual, Jalin wasn't exactly eager to chat with the man.

Alchemical supplies in tow, they left to go find the others, meeting back up with Roy and Turac, the latter of was seemingly piled to the sky with supplies.

As Silver left, Siege turned to Emilia. "... I'm gonna need your help with... the other stuff, too."

Nidia glanced at Jalin once they were out of the shop. “I hope I can figure out what this powder’s made of...”

Roy was holding some of the supplies, at least.

Emilia looked at Silver. “What stuff?”

"We should have bought the jar," Jalin agreed, "You would have had a supply and extra to experiment with." He nodded at Roy, "How was the shopping?"

"The... under-stuff," Siege wasn't exactly willing to just blurt out that she needed to replace her underwear, too.

“Wish I’d thought of that...”

Roy gave a nod. “We got what we need. It should last us.”

“Ah.” Emilia smiled and nodded. “Yes, I can help you with that.”

"it is not too late to go back and make sure," Jalin offered, "I kept a large sum of my gold, it will not be draining on our expenses." he nodded towards Roy, "Where are Siege and Emilia?"

"thank you."

Nidia nodded. “That would probably be best.”

Roy glanced around. “Siege said she needed Emilia’s help with something and they went somewhere else.”

Silver returned a few minutes later, setting Siege’s stuff back on the counter. “Alright, one moment, please.” She ducked back into the back for a moment before coming back with a selection of different kinds of jewelry. “These all should let you use these for a while before running low. The mana restores over a time when not being used. So, it’s your choice what kind of jewelry you want to wear.”

Jalin nodded, "Then we have some time." He looked to Katsuo, "Can you help them put away the supplies while Nidia and I are gone, until we can load the cart?"

"Whoa," Siege's draconic lineage came out a bit in the way her eyes went wide when she beheld the display, the glow of soul gems and the materials around them... beautiful. "What do you think, Emilia?" She already had two amulets on, so if she took another things could get messy... She could take a leaf out of her mom's book and get something she could affix just below her bust, but that looked expensive...

Katsuo nodded. “Yes, I can.”

“Hm...” Emilia took a look. “You’ve got some amulets already, and a pair of bracelets. Perhaps a ring?”

Silver spoke up. “And just a reminder that these are priced on the soul, so they all cost the same. And you’re not limited to just one either.”

Jalin nodded and tapped his cane to get a refresher on what was around him, "Then we shall leave you to it," he nodded and started walking back to the alchemist shop with Nidia. "He stated he had a mix that caused heat, didn't he?" Now Jalin was curious as to how simple mixes of components could do that. He knew potions did a lot, but usually they were more... well magical, in nature. That was why they were magic potions!

"Ooh," Siege winced at the ring, "Have you ever worn a ring and swung a weapon?" That was a recipe for dislocated knucklles and broken fingers, and not on the bad guy. "What kinds of souls are in these?", she asked. Not that that really mattered, but it would give her an idea of what kind of mana supply was behind each, if she understood how that worked correctly. Which she hoped she did, she never really paid much attention when her mother explained that kind of stuff to Roy.

Nidia glanced at him. "Yeah, but that's the last thing we need..."

Silver tilted her head as she looked at the gems. "Mm, I don't actually know where the souls came from, but I can guarantee they're powerful and will provide a significant amount of mana."

"Yes, but you can imagine what might be learned from it." Jalin nodded, "If simple herb mixes can manipulate someone's internal processes to an extent to rival magic potions, imagine what else can be achieved without magical means?" Alchemy without magic was just chemistry, and it already seemed weird. "Perhaps we might discover compounds that can do other things?"

So she didn't know. Siege close not to question how they were priced by soul, then. Utility, would be her focus, then, accompanied by fashion. Presumably that magic armor would do the protecting, and soul gems were actually pretty durable, so... "Have you got a pen? I've got an idea."

“Mm, good point. Just be careful handling it, alright? If Siege so much as sniffs it she’s liable to start breaking bones, at best.”

Silver blinked, lifting a hand to have a pen float over. “Sure. What’s the idea?”

Jalin smirked a bit at that, "I will handle her, if it comes to that." He nodded to Nidia, "Besides, we will have the other jar to counter it, unless these two medicines interact strangely." Some potions did that. He remembered mixing a love philter with a healing tonic to see what happened and it just turned to oil. They stepped through the door into the apothecary, who had fallen asleep behind the counter.

"Something like," Siege sketched out an idea of a soul gem garment, similar in structure to one of those jewelry garments you might see on a dancer at a high end tavern, though Siege's idea was intended to be worn under something else rather than be the 'clothing' itself. "That," she slid the sketch and pen back across the counter to Silver.

Nidia looked at the man and paused. "He really should hire some help..."

Silver looked at the drawing. "Hm...interesting. Yeah, I ought to be able to pull that off. I'll just need a little time."

Jalin sighed, "He is old, let him rest." The jar of blue powder hadn't even left the counter. "Can you point me to the other jar?"

"How long?", Siege knew they'd be leaving tomorrow, so that was her timeframe.

Nidia nodded and walked back over to the shelf. "This one here."

"Not long. I already have something like this, I just need to modify it. Shouldn't take more than an hour, at worst."

"Thank you," Jalin felt around until he found the jar Nidia had shown, picking it up off the shelf. Like the blue jar, it was heavy, but he could handle the weight. It would be in a bag of holding anyway, at least until they had a more permanent place to work from.

"Sir," he set the jar down on the counter near the blue one. The old man was fast asleep. "Sir." Jalin frowned, how was this store not robbed if the man could seemingly not be woken from his sleep?

"Oh," well that was much better than Siege thought, "How much is this gonna cost?"

Nidia titled her head before taking out her flute and simply blowing on it to make noise.

"Hm... the gem and the outfit, plus the service fee of combining them... And adding the not enchanted outfit you want. Let's say about sixty-five gold."

The flute was a sharper noise than Jalin's voice, joltin the old bunny awake. "Ah! Bad carrot!", he nearly jumped out of his seat when he woke, sneezing and knocking his spectacles loose and scrambling to go get them. A crunch and a string of profanities said he'd stepped on them.

"Sir, we..."

"Not now son, I'm blind!"

"Well we are not interested in trading specific volumes," Jalin tapped the two large jars with his cane, "We would like to buy the contents wholesale."

"Oh...." the old man considered for a moment, "What stuff?"

Well, that was manageable, at least. "Oh," Siege looked down at her pouch, "For all that really?" She wasn't gonna question it, it was cheaper than she'd thought it would be to replace her wardrobe and get a mana source. "Do you take cash or... whatever Elyon Financial deals in?"

"The powder you gave me, and the other one that does the opposite."

"Either one, whichever you prefer."

"Oh," the old bunny frowned and fumbled for the jars, less coordinated than Jalin about his near-inability to see, "And these are the entire jars, right? Blue and pink?"

"Indeed," Jalin nodded.

"Two-hundred gold, each." Jalin winced at that price. That would basically clean out what he kept on his person. Adventuring was expensive.

"Can it not be lowered?", Jalin asked, "You said yourself you rarely see sale for these." The old bunny considered for a moment, and nodded to Nidia.

"Elyon," Siege said without thinking, not really wanting to ditch her shinies. She was like Shuffle, that way. She pulled her medallion out of her cleavage and fumbled around until the numbers were right. She was at least dragon enough to have a vague sense of value by weight and volume of her hoard.

"'Been a minute since I've had a pretty girl around," the old bunny smiled at Nidia, his incisors were a bit on the long side for a rabbit, but very clearly maintained to pearly white. "I could use some company."

Siege clicked the button and touched the stone of her amulet to Silver's brooch, transferring the value to Silver's account. "Anything else?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back