• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Mm, fair enough. I suppose we're done then. Unless you see something?"

Nidia was still browsing and collecting the ingredients she knew she needed, and the ones she knew she wanted to experiment with. She almost looked back to her normal self now that she had something else to focus on. The only giveaway was her constantly raised tail and her tendency to brush against things unnecessarily.

Emilia headed once more to the Psychic Seamstress. Silver wasn't at the counter, but she called from the backroom. "Be with you shortly! Feel free to browse."

"We didn't make a list of what we needed." That was probably the only proper use of Sinach in Turac's eyes. Using the paper dragon as paper, since it didn't act like a dragon.

Jalin sniffed around the shop, finding his way to what he was after. He thought they might actually have to walk out of here until the sound of a very, very damaged pair of lungs coughing their aging owner to wakefullness told they were not alone.

"Browse? Browse what?", Siege looked around the room, she barely understood what all went into the clothes-making, and what was on display was... while ornate, not stuff she particularly liked.

"No, but we might spot something here that could come in handy."

Nidia flicked an ear before glancing towards the source of the coughing.

"I've been in here a few times already, so I already grabbed what I wanted..."

"I am the wrong person to ask such questions and you know it."

"Hello?", Jalin called clicking his cane. He'd thought they were alone. They could hear shuffling as a decrepit old white rabbit with spectacles perched on his nose came hobbling out of the back room. He squinted and rinkled his nose as he spotted his customers. "'zere's a sign on the door." There wasn't actually.

"Is there anything you guys don't do when I'm not around?"

“Fair enough.” Roy took what they had to the counter to pay for it.

Nidia glanced at the door before looking at the man. “Not the one we came through.”

“We would’ve invited you, but you weren’t in the mood.”

The old rabbit glanced at the door, and shook his head, his ancient drooping ears barely moving as he muttered to himself about senility. "Well, since yer here, what can I do for ya?"

"I'm never in the mood!" Siege really wasn't. She wasn't an introvert like Roy, but she didn't like going places. She liked to think of herself as a lone lion, wandering the world. Of course, the difference between Siege and a lone lion was that one, she was a lioness, and two, lone lions were usually on the lookout for a pride to join. Siege had no intention of joining a pride. She didn't like having to deal with that many people.

Nidia walked over to the counter with the reagents she'd picked up. "We're looking for supplies. Ah, we were also wondering if there's a recipe for a potion to shorten heat."

"Oh. I thought you were implying that you wanted to be included."

The old rabbit's ears perked up as Nidia appeared in his fuzzy vision. His little nose twitched as he looked her and her chosen merchandise over. "Well that's not a way I'd phrase it..." He looked up around the room again. If it were possible, his vision was almost worse than Jalin's, he could barely even make out shapes more than a foot away from himself, his old eyes were failing. "Can't say I've ever had a reason to shorten the season, if you know what I mean."

"Of course I want to be included!", Siege's own problems confused her, she got that from her mother. She couldn't not be involved, she always felt like Roy and whoever he hung out with would get into trouble the second she turned around. She knew that was the pot calling the kettle black, but it didn't help that Roy and the rest of the party got to do fun stuff while she was passed out drunk or with a hangover, or drugged to she wouldn't get seasick, or trying to work a heat to an end herself. She'd been left out for almost the entire adventure, in her mind.

"Well, it's usually not a problem, but lately it has been. It's better if we don't have to deal with it right now."

Emilia tilted her head, pretty confused herself. Silver came out of the back room about that time, stepping up to the counter. "Well, looks like you're already a regular. What can get for you this time?"

"You sure you want that, little lady? Pretty girl like you could have a lot of fun with your season," the old man gyrated his fists together a bit as he wiggled, winking at her, "No such thing as a bad time to have fun!"

"Sir, we are here to do business," Jalin called, makingg the old man jump. Apparently he hadn't even realized Jalin and Katsuo were in the room.

"i need some clothes," Siege said, "We can pay in cash, or whatever the bank deals in.:

Nidia shook her head. “My current group doesn’t want to, and I know I’d regret it afterwards anyway. I’ve already got someone mad at me... I need to be able to control this.”

Silver smiled as she leaned on the counter. “Ooh, a custom order?”

Emilia shook her head. “I’m afraid not. We need this quick.”

“Ah, well then.” Silver reached over and slid a catalog over in front of them. “Well, take a look then. I keep a variety of styles. You can buy them as full, pre-made outfits, or you can buy the individual pieces and make your own outfit.”

The old bunny seemed to deflate a bit. No having fun on the clock, it seemed. He sighed and squinted around the room, pointing at a shelf on the far back in a section that smelled thick with perfumes. "There should be a jar of blue powder back there, sonny, can you bring it up here?"

"Sir, I am blind." Jalin shook his head. He couldn't see what color the jar is even if he could find it.

"So am I, never stopped me!", the old man chuckled and his nose twitched, "It's a big jar, son!"

"I don't have eyes, I cannot see or identify color."

Well, that put a damper on the joke. The old man sighed and looked to Nidia, "There's a big ol' mason jar back there, it's full of a blue powder. Can you go get it?"

Siege raised an eyebrow as she flipped through the catalogue. "Is there anything in here that's easy to fight in without destroying?" She hadn't gotten more than a few pages into the catalogue, but she wasn't going to flip through the entire thing just to say 'Cut off the ribbons!'

Nidia glanced over before heading to the shelf, leaving her intended purchases on the counter. She found and retrieved the jar, bringing it back to the counter. "What is this, exactly?"

"Ah." Silver flicked a finger and the catalog pages turned on their own, quickly flipping to a different part. "There. That's the adventurer's section." The 'adventurer's sections' had many outfits that were not very flowy but still loose enough to breathe in and still fashionable.

"It's an anaphrodisiac," the old man explained as he took a scale out and a box of vials, "How long does your season normally last?"

"Oh," Siege looked through the adventurer's section. Some of them were pretty interesting to look at, and she eventually made her selections, outfit wise. "Uh," she looked around a bit and leaned forward, "And do you have anything for mana sources?" She'd never gotten the chance to actually try and raise her own pool, but she'd need sources to use her magic armor and her axe.

"Ah." Nidia set the jar down on the counter. "It usually lasts about a week."

"I do, actually. I have different kinds of jewelry enchanted to boost your mana supply, and I could even enchant the outfit you want to get now."

"A week," the old bunny started measuring vials of the stuff out, "And how many times a year?"

Boosting Siege's own pool wouldn't do much. Doubling the volume of a drop of water didn't make an ocean. "What about external sources, like soul gems?"

"Once a month, pretty much."

"I have those, too. Only in jewelry form though, and they're a bit pricier. Price goes up based on how much mana it has."

"Once a month," the old bunny measured out some of the jar into a packet of fourteen small vials the size of a pinky toe, stoppering them with a piece of cork and packaging them. "Mix one vial with water and swallow it first thing in the morning and just before you go to bed," he instructed.

"Hmm," Siege throught for a moment, before reaching into her bag and pulling out the pieces of enchanted leather Turac and given her, laying her axe on top of it on the counter. "How much for something that run these two?"

Nidia blinked. “And I just do that during the whole heat period until it’s over?”

“Hm?” Silver looked over the items. “Do want something to channel mana into them autonomously, or do you want a mana source that’ll let you use these both effectively?”

The old bunny nodded, "That's it. Twice a day, every day, until it's over." He leaned over the counter and smiled, "That one's on the house, sweetheart."

"...", Siege realized she knew jack squat about the details of mana channeling. "Emilia, what does that mean?"

Nidia blinked. “Oh. Are you sure?”

Emilia looked at Siege. “The autonomous one means that, whatever happens when you channel mana into them, they’ll do that nonstop. The other means that you’ll just have a mana source. How and when the mana flows is up to you.”

"I'm sure," the old bunny said with a smile, "As long as you come back, not often i get a pretty girl in my store." he tapped the jar, "But you're the only one that ever buys this stuff. I don't think anyone else has ever wanted to shorten their season before." He nodded back where she'd gotten the jar, "The pink jar starts it on demand, though."

"Oh," well Siege wanted the latter of the two, "The second one, then."

“I don’t think I need that one... Thank you though. Ah, what about the ingredients?”

Silver nodded. “Alright. I’ll just a need a moment to check the enchantments so I know how much mana you’d need to use them effectively.”

"It's an herbal blend, can't remember the recipe," the old bunny shook his head, "Haven't needed it since the wife died."

"And how long ago was that?", Jalin asked.

"Twenty years, son. You gonna buy anything or get out?"

"Go ahead," Siege shrugged, "I've got time and a half right now." Since fun stuff only ever seemed to happen when she wasn't around.

“Ah, I meant if I need to pay for the ingredients I want to buy here.”

Silver nodded. “Alright. I will need to take these into the back for that.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back