• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom CONVERGENCE - OOC - (Multiverse)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Mornin y’all, guess who should be getting a wig today and has an interview at one of their favorite state parks today!

finally going to go back to being a ranger!

Ooo, I'd love to be able to write my own comic book, specifically a manga! Although I'd have to get better at drawing and inking haha
Yeah! Lol I don't mind sharing what I've learned in this class if you want. Drawing is actually only a tiny part of making a comic, and like, the last step lol. You gotta do a pitch, then a vomit draft/treatment of the story, then the beat sheet, and only then can you start writing the script lol.

My understanding is that graphic novel teams are usually multiple people anyway. Writing the thing AND sketching it AND lining it sounds like a TON to take on.

its usually actually the writer, the artist, and the publisher that make most comics. unless you're marvel or dc, they're huge and kinda are the outliers lol. Ofc, you can be the writer AND the artist, so it can really just be two people, opposed to the film industry which has hundreds of people looking at the same script and have to work with it, and the script for that has a much more strict format than comics/graphic novels

See, look at this! I have no idea what I’m talking about! Absurd. All I know is that mom is friends with a former DC comic artist so literally 100% of my knowledge comes from the experience he alludes to sometimes on Facebook.

lmao yeah, those are really the biggest a comic production can be really. My instructor has been telling us it's usually a really small group of people that bring a single comic to life, and its mainly between the writer and artist. There's lots of chatting that goes on between artist and writer to get the story juuuuust right
And like I said, I would love to share the lessons and resources I've got! I've been compiling everything into a separate google drive so I can revisit even after the class has ended lol

haha okay, I don't want a million people from all over the internet in my google docs, so dm me if you're interested.

sldkfjlsdkf local nonbinary gets called out for potential AFAB

Forgotten Home Forgotten Home for future reference, Near presents as a boy! It's fine and doesn't need changed though! (Near's canonically non-binary, and he's pretty dang regularly portrayed by female individuals, so I have it in my brain that the assumption's not strictly wrong)

aaaaand I can't finish the last three pages of script bc I ran out of paper to do thumbnail sketches on :/

sldkfjlsdkf local nonbinary gets called out for potential AFAB

Forgotten Home Forgotten Home for future reference, Near presents as a boy! It's fine and doesn't need changed though! (Near's canonically non-binary, and he's pretty dang regularly portrayed by female individuals, so I have it in my brain that the assumption's not strictly wrong)
Ahhh, sorry!

no the script is digital, I just like physically sketching out panel placements and stuff so I have an idea how many panels per page and placement and what goes on in them lol
crisis averted, though, I snuck into my mom's room and got paper! :elmorise:

Me, looking over all the things happening in camp:
Me: Ah, Dave mentioned not wanting to damage any friendships--
My brain: Make Near tell him in passing that they aren't friends
Me:
Me: Aight if you wanna sound rude for no reason I could do that,

also imma wait a while to intro fenn, just until its not such an influx of new faces so the story is paced better and his entrance means something lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back