• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo peeps!

Welcome to my Interest Check for Chronicles of Cre' Est!

This is an RP set in a medieval low fantasy setting. Since it's low fantasy there are no high-fantasy elements such as non-human races (like elves, dwarves, etc), there's no magic, and there are no mythical creatures like dragons, griffons, etc.

The RP itself is going to focus primarily on our characters rather than having a "grand" overarching story which brings them all together for "destiny" reasons and whatnot. And the primary features will be a mixture of slice of life, exploration, call-to-action style quests, and more. Every character will have a leg of the RP dedicated to their personal journey which will give them plenty of focus and time to shine.

So, here's the important stuff!

My two characters are on display as examples (but not necessarily guidelines) of what I would like to see from your character(s) (yes, you can have more than one character if you'd like).

You do not have to include everything I did, nor do you have to include as much detail as I did. I chose to include as much detail as possible because I want my characters to be fully understood OOC prior to your joining as both a creative choice, and as a GM choice for RP management purposes.

I will require everyone to have a Personality section and a Biography section, both of which must be at least one paragraph containing around 5-7 sentences so that we have something to go off of regarding who your character is, where they come from, and what we might expect of them as the RP progresses.

Contrary to a semi-popular belief which I was recently made aware of, what's visible on the character sheet does not represent what everyone knows about your character IC. So, if you want to include some important knowledge that those of us OOC should know, but not necessarily our characters IC, feel free to include it in your character sheet while making a note that certain points are OOC knowledge only.

For example, the Red-Eyed Demon is 24 years old and his birthday is September 28th. IC, nobody knows this information. His origin as a child of Triveila, the identities of his mother and father, and all of the shit he went through with Te'i Sai are also OOC knowledge only. IC, only Lorraine and one or two other NPC's from his past know this information. Nobody else is privy to it, including your character(s). Lorraine also has a few things in her bio which are OOC knowledge only such as what happened between her and her mother, and what she went through with the Red-Eyed Demon. All anyone else knows about her IC is that she's the most accomplished "prodigy" in the medical field in Valkyom, and that she's the one to see if they need medical assistance of any kind.

Feel free to make notes like that if you want to make sure there's some IC mystery about your character(s)!

This is the lore page for the RP!

Yes, there's a lot. And I'm adding to it little by little as I collect and create more information for it.

But, for now, this is good! There should be plenty to understand each of the five nations' most important cultural elements and to create a character.

Warning: One thing I will mandate with absolute authority is that there is to be no white washing in this RP.

White washing was a major issue in this RP world in the past, and I'm not letting it happen anymore.

If your character's ancestry is based in Shaharan, they're Black, Middle-Eastern, or something appropriately representing that region of the IRL world as that's what Shaharan is meant to represent in this RP world. If their ancestry is based in Triveila, they're Asian. If their ancestry is based in Gweynura, they're Latino(a). The only Caucasian FC's or character sheet descriptions I want to see/read about are for characters hailing from Valkyom or Veilbrand.

If you can't find an FC image on Google despite having access to literally hundreds of millions of images, that's on you.

If I sound a bit harsh with how I've phrased this, let me reiterate that white washing was a major problem in the past when I made RP's about this world, and I'm not letting it happen anymore. I'm an artist and a writer who went to the time and trouble of creating this world and its nations and peoples a certain way, and all that hard work will be respected. If you can't, or won't, respect my hard work by making your character appropriate to the dominant culture and ethnic background of the nation they come from, then I don't want or need you here.

I extend my apologies if the above sounded a bit harsh.

I do my best to keep things reasonable, but I'm not willing to bend on this issue.

Thanks!

That's about it!

If you have any questions after checking the lore page and reading up on my characters either hit me up in a DM or reply here in the comments!

I have a couple friends who are already keen on joining and their CS's should go up fairly soon. The RP itself is set to begin sometime later this week, or first thing next week on Monday!

Cheers!

~ GojiBean

Last edited:
Earliest I've been to an interest check but also one of the best interest checks I've seen
Currently reading through the Lore Page, but count me in. Should be able to get a character sheet up sometime today

All caught up with one question left standing: language(s)?
I assume English to be the main one. Are there any other common ones in the land? Or any ones associated with any nations?

All caught up with one question left standing: language(s)?
I assume English to be the main one. Are there any other common ones in the land? Or any ones associated with any nations?

Good question!

Yes, there are other languages in this world. However, for obvious reasons, English is the only one we'll be working with when it comes to actually roleplaying and we'll call it the "common tongue."

However, if you want to either suggest or actually RP an accent or a limited vocabulary for a character who's still learning the common tongue then by all means go for it.

I haven't named any languages specific to each nation yet. But it's on my list of things to do. So stay tuned for that.

If I may, how many people do you plan to have join in total, and how many friends do you expect to have join?

When I'm all set with the CS, do I just pop it in the character's thread?

Indeed. Pop it into the Characters page when ready and I'll give it a review.

If anything needs adjustments I'll be sure to let you know.

Otherwise, no news is good news!

If I may, how many people do you plan to have join in total, and how many friends do you expect to have join?

I have 2 friends who are going to join.

And my hope is that 2-3 people would want to join us on the adventure.

So, with luck, it'll be 6 people max.

If I have to push further I should be able to. But right now I'm eyeing 6 as a limit.

Hello there! I'd like to throw in my interest.

I would just like to ask what the deadline for the character sheets are?

Hey hey! I’d also like to throw my hat in the ring, but I have a busy week and I’m not sure if I’ll make it by the Monday CS deadline (or Monday posting deadline??), if that is one. If that’s not okay, I’ll pop back out, no worries!

Realistic AI-generated face claims allowed? Or strictly real people

AI generated is fine. I'm pretty sure the Red-Eyed Demon's is AI generated, but I can't find the original poster or I'd credit them for having generated it.

Hello there! I'd like to throw in my interest.

I would just like to ask what the deadline for the character sheets are?

Hoyo!

No deadline, really. This RP is an open sandbox style experience so there's no hard "start" or "end." Every character will get time to explore a story unique to them and their personal journey.

Anyone is free, so long as they make their interest in joining known to me first, obviously, to come and go as they please.

Hey hey! I’d also like to throw my hat in the ring, but I have a busy week and I’m not sure if I’ll make it by the Monday CS deadline (or Monday posting deadline??), if that is one. If that’s not okay, I’ll pop back out, no worries!

Hoyo!

No worries!

I work a 7am-4pm work shift, and my two friends who are joining both have day jobs as well so posting is going to be at a slow-moderate pace depending on how dead we are from work. One of them lives abroad, as well, so time zones are a thing to consider.

CS is up. First time using the code so bear with me if it looks elementary.
Combed through it a couple times to make sure it at least says what I want it to say

I'm reading the lore, and I see there were supposedly no survivors of the massacre at Ortusk. However, given there's a divide between what people are told and what actually is, is that detail written in stone? There wasn't a poor soul who returned from abroad to the smoldering remains of his home (hint hint)?

I'm reading the lore, and I see there were supposedly no survivors of the massacre at Ortusk. However, given there's a divide between what people are told and what actually is, is that detail written in stone? There wasn't a poor soul who returned from abroad to the smoldering remains of his home (hint hint)?

Ah, a keen observation about the art of propaganda.

T'is in fact true. "Not a soul survived" is merely what people are told, as Eagon's MO is to use fear and force to get what he wants. But it's more than a possibility that there are survivors. I have an NPC or two in mind who are such survivors of that massacre. But they likely won't feature in the RP unless one of the characters who joins us has a story leading back to Veilbrand, and to partake in the ongoing revolution.

Ah, a keen observation about the art of propaganda.

T'is in fact true. "Not a soul survived" is merely what people are told, as Eagon's MO is to use fear and force to get what he wants. But it's more than a possibility that there are survivors. I have an NPC or two in mind who are such survivors of that massacre. But they likely won't feature in the RP unless one of the characters who joins us has a story leading back to Veilbrand, and to partake in the ongoing revolution.
In that case, I could play one such survivor who doesn't have what it takes to resist Eagon and seeks either the help or tutelage of former Te'i Sai assassins to end the reign of terror.

In that case, I could play one such survivor who doesn't have what it takes to resist Eagon and seeks either the help or tutelage of former Te'i Sai assassins to end the reign of terror.

Being a survivor who doesn't have what it takes to resist Eagon and is seeking assistance/tutelage outside of Veilbrand is fine.

But, unfortunately, the part about seeking help/tutelage specifically from former Te'i Sai assassins isn't really feasible for the following reasons:

1) Te'i Sai disbanded and scattered to the four winds after the destruction of their fortress and the near complete annihilation of their ranks.

2) Part of their creed is to keep their life in Te'i Sai a secret from all, including their families if they had any.

3) Even with the fortress destroyed and their organization completely disbanded whoever's left is not likely to be making it known that they were part of the organization given that the entire continent sees them as brutal murderers who also raised, trained, and unleashed the Red-Eyed Demon upon the land.

So yeah. Seeking out Te'i Sai isn't really feasible or something anyone would want to do.

But seeking out other sources of tutelage or assistance is definitely something you can do. There are numerous other assassin organizations, mercenary and bounty hunter guilds, rogue guilds in the criminal underworld, and other similar operations which are all options to explore.

Yes and no. I know Kumori, but that is not me frien. But you may recall me from good ole roleplay gateway. Lufia/Mineczka

Lol. I recall.

I was Kumori/Kumo. Gojibean is my username on this site now.

Good to hear from you!

*Mental image rendering* Ohhh Right right! Now I remember. XD

It's good to see you again~

You too! I hope all's been well with you!

Anywhoosle, if you'd like to join I've got nothing against it. If you remember Fire and PanPan, they're both looking to be part of it too. So, we might have a lil' reunion on our hands soon!

AP's changed a lot since the last time we were all together. So, if you have any questions about it feel free to throw them my way in a DM and I'll be happy to update you on everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back