• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Just glanced over it all though, since the instill beat his resolve, what intimacy should I put on Ryan's sheet?

Just something along the lines of "Minor Tie - Lyla (Attraction)"

jaydude jaydude At the risk of sounding like an 8 year old girl: can I have a horse? We haven't gone horse-shopping in Marita, and there's been no mention of there being any in Ryan's company, but Ysandre walking into Feren's camp doesn't really portray the image I have in mind. It's well within my means Resources-wise.

Regarding the retroactive Instil rolls from the trip, Ysandre would have spent some time with each Exalt in the group getting to know them as human beings, and understanding what roles they might fill both in retaking her throne and in ruling the country afterwards. Regarding the Intimacies to instil in each, I'm thinking the following:
Rykon Rykon for Ryan, she would have gone for respect and/or loyalty. She wants a general who will hear her out, give her his honest opinion, and act in her best interest.
Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws for Quill, it seems that he already has taken an Intimacy of attraction ;) If she fanned that flame even hotter, would Quill get a Major Intimacy towards her?
Epiphany Epiphany for Catseye, I'm not quite sure, maybe we can discuss on Discord when you get online again. I don't think I really have a feel for who these two are to each other, or who they should be.
Sherwood Sherwood if you're OK with it, Ysandre would also go for Loyalty from Ailera, when you're around a world-class thief, you don't want to be afraid they're stealing from you after all, but I don't want to roll dice against a PC if they're not OK with it.

Regarding the actual rolls, from what I can see, Quill, Catseye and Aliera all have Resolve 3 and Ryan has Resolve 5. Ysandre has 10 dice from Charisma+Persuasion, 3 and 1 respectively from (Appearance-Resolve) and 9 from the Excellency. I won't assume any stunts since they'd be offset by your characters' stunts in any case.
Ryan: 8 sux
Quill: 12 sux
Catseye: 13 sux
Aliera: 13 sux

Last edited:
Quill would gladly take the major intimacy of adoration.

And he will definitely work to build her a new, more suitable, crown. And once he discovers he can unlock Invocations, she will be the first he offers to do it for.
Esbilon Esbilon

Esbilon Esbilon , do you have 6 unspent exp? If so, I'll let you spend it to get a horse familiar (**). Perhaps a horse Ysandre had when she was officially a princess, and who she fled Nalia on the back on?

Otherwise, as long as you have the resources for it, sure. And you can go ahead and say it was bought in Marita. Though unless you spend exp, you won't get the benefits of the Familiar merit. Though out of curiosity, what are you using to determine a horse's value in points of Resources? I'm currently using the mundane equipment and appropriate prices list from 2E.

@Esbilon , do you have 6 unspent exp? If so, I'll let you spend it to get a horse familiar (**). Perhaps a horse Ysandre had when she was officially a princess, and who she fled Nalia on the back on?
I have 10, so I could go for a *** god-blooded descendant of Hiparkes if that flies with you.

Otherwise, as long as you have the resources for it, sure. And you can go ahead and say it was bought in Marita. Though unless you spend exp, you won't get the benefits of the Familiar merit. Though out of curiosity, what are you using to determine a horse's value in points of Resources? I'm currently using the mundane equipment and appropriate prices list from 2E.
Cool. I'm just using the description in the Resources Merit. 3 is "the income of the heads of established patrician houses, large cartels, or Guild merchant princes, and is also the usual discretionary stipend or income for Dynasts." Which are all groups who have all the horses they need.

I have 10, so I could go for a *** god-blooded descendant of Hiparkes if that flies with you.

By all means. A Queen should have a steed befitting her station. ;)

Cool. I'm just using the description in the Resources Merit. 3 is "the income of the heads of established patrician houses, large cartels, or Guild merchant princes, and is also the usual discretionary stipend or income for Dynasts." Which are all groups who have all the horses they need.
Okay, that's fair.

@Sherwood if you're OK with it, Ysandre would also go for Loyalty from Ailera, when you're around a world-class thief, you don't want to be afraid they're stealing from you after all, but I don't want to roll dice against a PC if they're not OK with it.
Not a problem. I'll add a Tie of Loyalty to Ysandre to my sheet.

I will also add one when I have a less clumsy device for adjusting the sheet.

I'll roll for Ryan's instills this evening as well.

I added the Major intimacy to Ysandre, and will figure out his intimacies to the others in the group, but I did add the basic intimacies, which i haven't done till now.

Almost forgot to get back around to this... Ryan would be looking to make friends with the circle by sharing old stories and trying to assimilate the group into who he considers "comrades". Any intimacy would take the nature of friend for the time being.

Pool is Charisma+Presence with Excellency and Appearance modifier vs Resolve.
Ysandre - 2
Quill - 4
Ailera - 0 (ouch)
Catseye - 4

Unlucky rolls all around.

Last edited:
I appreciate that, as the player was unsure what type of bargain would work until earlier this week.

Nope, Quill will do his best to find a way to Ysandre's heart... Once he gets the orichalcum, and can gather more materials for his Artifact Crown...

Presently I see it as the two bros running wingman for the other. Ryan is confident in Quill's abilities as a scholar, artisan, and Exalt, hence prior sales pitches.

Once Ailera, Ysandre and Catseye have conducted their business at the mine, I'll most likely timeskip Ryan and Quill back there, seeing as they're a day ahead of everyone else.

I am just looking forward to getting some more wonderful xp for Ailera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back