• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
You'll get it once all of the three relevant parties have been negotiated with. Though Ryan and Lyla will likely just be shaking hands over their deal, in a manner of speaking. :coolshades:

Last edited:
I'll admit that I had envisioned Lyla and the bandit chief as antagonists when I wrote them up, rather than potential allies (and a potential love interest in Lyla's case). But I'm sure as hell not going to complain about you lot thinking outside the box. ;)

I've learned a long time ago as a Storyteller to never count too hard on the players following the plan.

I find the best strategies are ones that turn obstacles into assets. At least, the most entertaining ones.

We had a FATE system game running a Burn Notice type espionage story in a modern-day-ish New Orleans. We solved a kidnapping divorced police mother and an arms smuggling street gang, by kidnapping the son from her office dressed as members of the gang and later the father (who hired us, but didn't recognize us when we threw him in a trunk) and planting them in the gang's warehouse before calling the police. All we had to do after calling the cops was make popcorn and watch. Dad was reunited with his kid, the gang got busted red-handed in an arms deal, we didn't get shot. Win-win-win.

Thanks man. All the experience with various games lately seems to be paying off. I'm certainly enjoying these characters and the potential this story has.

Glad to hear you're all having fun.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws , I apologize for not getting back to you earlier about your use of Wake the Sleeper. Looking at the handbook, it says that you need to have Essence 3 to purchase and use that Charm. And Essence 2 for Bottomless Wellspring Approach, Lore-Inducing Concentration and Truth-Rendering Gaze. According to his character sheet, Quill only has Essence 1.

Edit: Ugh, just read the bit about the Supernal ability. My bad.

*ahem* Looking at Sun's Brush in Arms of the Chosen, I see that Battle-Scholar Sagacity isn't a prerequisite for any of the weapon's other "official" Evocations. That in mind, I'd be willing to let you unlock Radiant Brushstrokes Flourish, Incomparable Savant Surity and Whirling Sunfire Calligraphy. And seeing as you'd have four more successes left after unlocking those Evocations, would you perhaps like to create some custom ones? I'm feeling a bit more confident with this game system now.

Last edited:
Damn you guys are productive. It's great to see and I'm sorry for holding things up like this. Feel free to move Ysandre's part of the story at a faster clip and make reasonable assumptions about her actions if it's necessary to keep things going.

Esbilon Esbilon
You'll need to do a successful Persuade action to convince Juyou to accept the deal. His Resolve is 5.

You can add the roll to your last post, and assume a two-die stunt.

Assuming there's no more smooching or intelligence gathering necessary with Feren, then yeah, that seems reasonable.

With the dispute between Feren and Lyla resolved, everyone gets 5 exp!

Thought I posted this in OOC... Must've spaced

Trying to figure out what I'm gonna pick up on my way to E2. Obviously, the charm I want most is Tiger Warrior Training, since it will make getting quality troops out of common volunteers extremely simple. I also don't know of actual rules for training troops outside of the charm itself.

From the beginning, it has been a struggle on whether to prioritize melee or war. I'd like the company itself to be formidable but the tools to make that happen are a lot further down the line it seems.

Last edited:
One of the Charms on my wish list is Thunderbolt Attack Prana, but it has a prerequisite that I don't have yet, and that assumes that there is nothing else that comes up that I can't wait on. I still have more Larceny Charms to get to make her the stellar thief that she pictures herself becoming.

Speaking of that charm... There is a second Athletics charm, Leaping Tiger Attack. It's also on my list.

It's effect is basically the same, but for Withering Attacks instead of Decisive. It technically has an effect for Decisive attacks, but since that is explicitly non-compatible with Thunderbolt Attack Prana, I don't see a point in using it if you have both.

For now, I reckon I'll leverage Melee Supernal and work toward Fivefold Bulwark Stance. After that I'll be taking pre-req charms in war to offset our opponent's advantages of quality and quantity of infantry. At some point, getting the dots/charms together for Cavalry would be nice, but the wishlist is indeed long enough since I added that ridiculous murder vortex combo to it.

Last edited:
Esbilon Esbilon Sherwood Sherwood Epiphany Epiphany

In-universe, Ryan and Quill will be gone for two days. Do you three want to skip ahead to their return? Or would you rather try and negotiate with Ganzin before then?

Assuming we don't get Solar XP by then, figured out a decent path to E2, first 40xp will be 5 charms, last 10 will be one dot of war and two dots of resistance.

Assuming jaydude jaydude is ok with it, I have a few ideas for custom Evocations on Zelator/Warden. I hope to actually get them written out within a day or two.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back