• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
49424a215f889c35ae0053169a16e69b6098418fv2_hq.jpgSir Alonne
Interaction: Open

The journey was tense for Sir Alonne, who kept his grip tight around the handle of his sword as the market grew closer. Admittedly, its setting seemed easier to grasp than the city, as he could more or less deduce the purpose of this or that from appearance alone. He'd been to places like this in his travels before meeting the King. Back when he'd just been a young adventurer with a lust for new things to see. But he wasn't one for reminiscing, and his goals still remained out of his reach.

Though he occasionally paused to look at the things being sold or the inhabitants and the creatures going about their day, Sir Alonne sighted the large keep as his target. He needed answers, and common folk would only be able to give him lore and suppositions. All of which was useful, but if the portal in the desert was any indication, this place could wind up under siege like the other city at any moment. With the market folk shifting out of the way due to his imposing visage, Sir Alonne initially tried skirting the edge of the massive wall until he found the way in. Several minutes later he considered asking around for a way inside, eager to get some of his questions answered before anything could happen. But there was no guarantee if he and the locals could understand one another.

Too many factors were unknown in this scenario, and Alonne briefly considered merely scaling the wall itself. There were definitely enough footholds for him, and his footwork was near unrivaled despite his size. But before he could follow through, something caught his gaze in the distance. Just past another beast operated mechanism was the un-mistakable sight of a gate that seemed to lead inside. Once more doing his best not to get in the way of the civilians, Sir Alonne tightened his grip before making his way towards the gate.

In front of the gate that Sir Alonne was approaching are two Outworlders that stand out from the other inhabitants. One Outworlder was seemingly Human with Asian descent, wearing moderate armor with a scroll and a jar on his belt. The other Outworlder does not look like the other Outworld inhabitants at all, however, as he had large, sharp, and visible teeth, brown sclera on his eyes, and has bone-like spikes protruding from his shoulders and arms; a Tarkatan, unknown to Sir Alonne. The conversation Sir Alonne overheard went like this...

“Why should Tarkata and I stay in Outworld instead of invading Earthrealm!? Raiden aborted the Mortal Kombat tournament; we must strike now, Shang Tsung!” The Tarkatan yelled to the Asian Outworlder in a deep guttural voice. “I understand your concerns, Baraka. However, even during an event like Earthrealm had suffered, Shao Kahn and I do not want to risk angering the Elder Gods and thwart his plans to conquer all the realms,” Shang Tsung responded to the Tarkatan, speaking in a smooth and polite tone. “However, once I ‘convince’ Raiden to return to the tournament so our best kombatants can defeat the thunder god’s warriors and invade Earthrealm, I will make sure that you will lead the first army.” The sorcerer continued on, sporting a light grin on his face. “Keep good on your promise, shapeshifter!” Baraka sternly said to Shang Tsung as he aggressively poked him on his torso.

f4b86f17c3ecfe4647ee6cb833f73639.jpgSir Alonne
Interaction:
CaptainRustbolt21 CaptainRustbolt21
As he drew close, Sir Alonne slowed his gait so as to catch the majority of the conversation. The two by the gate definitely stood out amongst the other inhabitants of this realm he'd already seen, but not like the varied attackers or the odd zombies. They fit the scene, yet their dialogue offered more to the warrior than he'd anticipated. A potential hierarchy, names to put to a realm even though he knew not which realm it was at that point, it was clear that the one known as Shang Tsung at least had more context on the scenario than he did. That was critical at this point.

"Ah, can I assume this event you speak of is related to the merger?" Sir Alonne called out, finally coming to a stop two yards from the two "It would seem realms have a habit off mixing nowadays."

He gestured to them with his free hand as the other leaned his blade along his shoulders "It would also seem you've an understanding of such a phenomenon, I would ask that you explain what's happening, as I was ripped from my own realm quite jarringly."

1521238070364.jpg
Corey
Interaction:
BoltBeam BoltBeam CaptainRustbolt21 CaptainRustbolt21

Bullets and Bodies, an assortment of things Corey had gotten used to back in Hawaii. Against an enemy as ruthless and bloodthirsty as the Soviets, she and all the squads like her just had to get used to the absolute carnage which decorated that tropical hellhole. She was used to seeing an endless wave of bodies piled high along dirt roads or stuffed into overtaken homes now littered with blood-thirsty soldiers, used to throwing herself against those very same maniacs along with her fellow soldiers, used to dyeing herself in their innards every other day for a war that seemed to stretch on forever.

But... it did end... the war was over, and all of their fighting had been for nothing.

So why was she still dashing through gunfire slaughtering Russians by the dozens? How was the Mafia Headquarters any different from that tropic nightmare? It was full of the same Bullets and Bodies that she'd gotten used to half a decade ago, except this wasn't going to be for nothing. Putting every one of these criminals into the ground as effectively as possible might not make up for the war, but at that point Corey couldn't bring herself to care.

She and the rest of the Fans had split up to take this building, each of them clearing out a separate floor. They'd handle any stragglers as they came and meet up on the roof for their escape. But something had happened after she'd finished her floor. She'd radioed in just as expected, but a small quake had given her pause. Before she could radio in to check if the rest of the Fans had felt that, a stronger one sent the entire building sliding.

By the time Corey awoke, she'd found herself face down in a pool of blood. Thankfully it wasn't her's... well, most of it wasn't her's. She didn't know how exactly, but the Quake seemed to throw her into an entirely different part of the Russian Base. She reached back and tapped at the back of her mask, feeling her hair press against something moist within. Didn't feel like a lo of blood, but at she knew why she'd been sleeping now. She'd need to get that looked at, but only after she finished up here.

Corey stood back up, not even pausing at the sight of one of the Russian goons impaled by a fallen piece of the ceiling. His blood would make it harder to explain herself if she were caught during the escape, but priorities mattered in these scenarios.

Reaching out with her foot, she pulled over a metal pipe which was under the dead goon's hand. She tentatively rubbed at the wound through her mask while pulling out her walkie talkie "Mark... you there?"

Her large friend had been the first to check in before her, if anyone had some time to fill her in on the state of the other rooms, it was him. But she got no reply, and cursed silently to herself. If the quake had been big enough to throw her into another part of the building, then...

"Tony?" she tried again, knowing that the tiger-masked brawler would be the likely candidate to wipe out his room quickly. No answer...

"Alex? Ash?" if the siblings had actually made it to the roof when the quake hit then-

Corey made her way down the building as quickly as she could, eyebrows furrowing a she realized the elevator wasn't where it should be. The metal doors were open, and she cautiously peaked down to see the elevator laying in a crashed heap at the bottom of the shaft. Was it a backup? Why hadn't it shown up on any of their plans? Corey made for the stairs in head, descending them two at a time. She nearly continued down past the second floor, and probably would've if not for the window. She saw it for a split second, but that split second was enough for her to pause and return to it. This floor had a series of windows along its edge, and through it Corey could clearly see a city which looked as if it had been torn apart.

Crashed cars and bodies, smoke an rubble. Corey was use to carnage such as this, and almost immediately attributed it to the violent earthquake as that would seem like the most logical deduction. But then she took note of some of the bodies, and that was when confusion set in. There weren't just people, there were orcs and monsters scattered about the road below as well.

"What the fu-?"

Before she could even get enough time to mull over the odd circumstances, a scream from down the hall brought her attention to a multi-armed humanoid which skidded around the corner at high speed. Corey adopted a combative stance despite her confusion, she wasn't one to let an odd scenario kill her so easily. But then a giant figure turned the corner behind the fleeing humanoid.

An absolutely massive man with a safe for a head reared back before sending a barbed-wire covered hammer flying into the back of the fleeing creature's skull. Now Corey's confusion was subsiding into agitation. Not only were things not making sense but they weren't making sense on a majestic level. Despite this, she began inching back towards the stairwell as the massive man planted his knee in the downed creature's spine before tearing out the tenderizer and swinging it back down with enough force to crush the rest of its head into a pulp.

The Keeper looked back up silently, just barely catching a glimpse of Corey darting into the stairwell. He rose slowly at first, but then picked up the pace. His trunk-like legs hitting the ground violently as they carried him in a wide gait.

Corey raced down the rest of the stairs, mind going a mile a minute. Even though she had a near-infinite number of questions surging through her skull, her training worked wonders in pushing that to the side in favor of survival. And right now survival meant keeping away from-

Just as she darted onto the first floor a large crash behind her brought her attention to the Keeper, who'd leaped down the rest of the stairwell before turning and facing her.

-whatever the hell that thing was.

Corey raced through the building, which looked nothing like it did before the quake. That thought played secondary towards the hulking horror movie villain lurching towards her. It twirled the bag of gore and jagged metal it carried before whipping it forwards, with Corey rolling past it before finally spotting what looked like sunlight through a pair of glass sliding doors.

Ignoring the pounding footsteps behind her, Corey threw herself through the glass panes and finally stumbled out of the building.

But the moment she looked up, she found herself staring at Alice, Johnny, Sub-Zero and Smoke; the building seemed to be right along their path. Almost immediately Corey shifted into a more grounded stance, but kept low to the ground as she eyed up the four of them hesitantly.

"You with Metalhead back in-?" her words failed as she looked back to the broken door she'd just sped through, no sign of the Keeper anywhere. Biting her tongue, Coey instead focused her attention on the group before her, ready to react to whatever move was made first.

Alice
  • "You with Metalhead back in-?"
    Alice turned her attention to this person or thing that just came on by and came on in towards the group. "Who in the what now?" She questioned sharply, seeming confused. "Who and what are you on about?" She added, preparing to make a move and not seeming terribly interested in really instigating anything unless push comes to shove.

"Ah, can I assume this event you speak of is related to the merger?" Sir Alonne called out, finally coming to a stop two yards from the two "It would seem realms have a habit of mixing nowadays."

He gestured to them with his free hand as the other leaned his blade along his shoulders "It would also seem you've an understanding of such a phenomenon, I would ask that you explain what's happening, as I was ripped from my own realm quite jarringly."
Both Baraka and Shang Tsung stopped talking and turn to Sir Alonne when he called out on them. While the Tarkatan glared at the swordsman, the sorcerer listened to what he said, not knowing he was not part of Outworld until he explicitly mentioned it. “You do not belong in this realm? Interesting... we do not get visitors often here in Outworld,” Shang Tsung responded to Sir Alonne, for now not losing the politeness in his tone. “Yes, I do know about the phenomenon, but why are you so interested in it? The information is for military forces only.” He further states, now a little stern when he said that he will not tell him about his collected knowledge of the Universe merger.

But the moment she looked up, she found herself staring at Alice, Johnny, Sub-Zero and Smoke; the building seemed to be right along their path. Almost immediately Corey shifted into a more grounded stance, but kept low to the ground as she eyed up the four of them hesitantly.

"You with Metalhead back in-?" her words failed as she looked back to the broken door she'd just sped through, no sign of the Keeper anywhere. Biting her tongue, Coey instead focused her attention on the group before her, ready to react to whatever move was made first.
Smoke, Sub-Zero, and Johnny Cage noticed Corey right in front of them and, while both the Lin Kuei assassins began their fighting poses, Johnny just laughed at the seemingly ridiculous zebra mask that Corey was wearing. “Who is this ‘Metalhead’ that you speak of, masked one?” Sub-Zero demanded, as a cyan, misty glow appears on his hands.

Interaction:

Sir Alonne gestured behind him with his free hand "This very phenomenon you speak of has left me cut off from my soldiers. At this point, I've no idea where they've been drawn or what dangers they may now face."

He paused for a moment whilst thinking before openly relaxing his grip, "And I'm not sure playing it close to the chest will be viable for much longer." he said, lowering his voice a bit before he continued "I was only able to get to this realm through a vortex which has been torn open not too far from here. Several walking corpses had taken note of it, and though I cut down a few during my arrival there's no telling what else will come across it or if others are bound to open here as well."

Hotline_fde6c2_5503337.jpgCorey
Interaction:
Corey narrowed her eyes at the group beneath her mask, slowly taking the drastic difference their apparel. The Girl's uniform contrasted greatly with the ninjas or even the laughing guy with the glasses. Though her eyes weren't lying to her, Corey couldn't help but wonder. The Russians had been rumored to have been making some wild new drug that was supposed to help them regain lost territory... had she been exposed to it during the raid? Though she was trying to rationalize what she was seeing, her instincts encouraged her to answer them quickly.

"The..." but answering was a challenge when even she didn't truly know what she'd just escaped back there "The big guy with the safe for a-"

Rapid gunfire drew her attention back to the building she'd just fled from, through its second story windows the bright muzzle flashes were undeniable. Soon a loud scream accompanied the gunfire before a man in oddly designed SWAT tactical gear was sent sailing right through the window. Corey immediately darted to the side as he fell, but the Officer never hit the ground. His arms and legs seemed bound up in barbed wire which caught him several feet off the ground. He struggled in vain, trying to raise an SMG but unable to due to the wires biting into his flesh. Corey's eyes locked on the gun immediately.

A large figure leaped from the broken window and crashed into the ground. Corey saw her chance and darted for the hanging man as the Keeper rose to full height with a safe identical to the one on his head clutched protectively in one arm. The Keeper took a moment to look around at the four, his safe head betraying no indication that he could even see them. It only jerked its head to the side once Corey pried the gun out of the man's grasp before darting past Alice and the four defenders.

The Keeper dropped the safe in its arm before swinging back with its meat tenderizer and burying the jagged rear into the officer's helmet. He then strode forward the moment the officer stopped moving and unhooked the bloody bag from his belt before swinging it at the group with little hesitation.
5469672-boxman_1.jpg

Alice
  • Rapid gunfire drew her attention back to the building she'd just fled from, through its second story windows the bright muzzle flashes were undeniable. Soon a loud scream accompanied the gunfire before a man in oddly designed SWAT tactical gear was sent sailing right through the window. Corey immediately darted to the side as he fell, but the Officer never hit the ground. His arms and legs seemed bound up in barbed wire which caught him several feet off the ground. He struggled in vain, trying to raise an SMG but unable to due to the wires biting into his flesh. Corey's eyes locked on the gun immediately.

A large figure leaped from the broken window and crashed into the ground. Corey saw her chance and darted for the hanging man as the Keeper rose to full height with a safe identical to the one on his head clutched protectively in one arm. The Keeper took a moment to look around at the four, his safe head betraying no indication that he could even see them. It only jerked its head to the side once Corey pried the gun out of the man's grasp before darting past Alice and the four defenders.

The Keeper dropped the safe in its arm before swinging back with its meat tenderizer and burying the jagged rear into the officer's helmet. He then strode forward the moment the officer stopped moving and unhooked the bloody bag from his belt before swinging it at the group with little hesitation.
    Alice saw this giant... thing... And seemed absolutely terrified. "What the actual-" Before she had time to finish what she was saying, this creature was already swinging the bag at her and the others. She had to act. Fast. "Wild Charge! Desperation! Darkness Bullet+!" She quickly said in fear in quick succession - all 3 spells taking effect in that order. The effect of Wild Charge would see a surge of yellow aura 'explode' around her, and Desperation did similar in red. Darkness Bullet+, however, was one giant black orb aimed straight at this thing - not only to block the attack but get in the way and deter the line of sight. Thanks to both prior spells, it would hurt a 'lot' more than it would normally do, but she's hoping to blind it.

Sir Alonne gestured behind him with his free hand "This very phenomenon you speak of has left me cut off from my soldiers. At this point, I've no idea where they've been drawn or what dangers they may now face."

He paused for a moment whilst thinking before openly relaxing his grip, "And I'm not sure playing it close to the chest will be viable for much longer." he said, lowering his voice a bit before he continued "I was only able to get to this realm through a vortex which has been torn open not too far from here. Several walking corpses had taken note of it, and though I cut down a few during my arrival there's no telling what else will come across it or if others are bound to open here as well."
Shang Tsung took a moment to make a response to the wandering swordsman, now with a plan to further help his master’s intentions to konquer Earthrealm. “I see... Well, perhaps I could consider convincing Shao Kahn to assist you in finding your missing army,” Shang Tsung said to Sir Alonne, with a light grin on his face. “Though not guaranteed, there could be a possibility that your army is somewhere within Earthrealm, the very realm that you exited from... however, there is one thing that is blocking me and the rest of Shao Kahn’s forces from assisting you to reunite your soldiers...”
Rapid gunfire drew her attention back to the building she'd just fled from, through its second story windows the bright muzzle flashes were undeniable. Soon a loud scream accompanied the gunfire before a man in oddly designed SWAT tactical gear was sent sailing right through the window. Corey immediately darted to the side as he fell, but the Officer never hit the ground. His arms and legs seemed bound up in barbed wire which caught him several feet off the ground. He struggled in vain, trying to raise an SMG but unable to due to the wires biting into his flesh. Corey's eyes locked on the gun immediately.

The trio were expectedly caught completely off-guard. “HOLY F*<KING F*<K!” Johnny Cage screeched in absolute fear as he immediately dodges the spiked bag and exits the scene. Meanwhile, Sub-Zero and Smoke joined with Alice to fight against the huge monstrosity. “This fight will be your last!” Sub-Zero boasted as he prepared his cryogenic magik.

Interaction: CaptainRustbolt21 CaptainRustbolt21
Sir Alonne gave Shang Tsung a steady look, though twas not indicated through his helmet. He nodded at the man's reasoning, doing his best to ignore the glare of his companion, he was right in assuming that Sir Alonne had merely missed his soldiers in the chaotic frenzy that the city had become. But even if he were to return and look for them himself, there was no telling how many obstacles would get in his way. Assistance from anybody would be a great boon to him, but Sir Alonne had spent enough time with the King and his aristocrats to know that trust was not something to be given so freely.

And so, when Shang Tsung mentioned an obstacle that was apparently keeping him providing aid, Sir Alonne gave a low hum of interest "And this unfortunate blockage would be..?"

1521238070364.jpgCorey and The Keeper
Interaction:
Corey had slid behind an overturned car the moment she'd been able to, peaking out to keep watch over the situation as the group reacted quickly to the Metalhead's sudden appearance. Seeing that the monster was now caught up with them, she ducked back down and pulled out the SMG's magazine.

The Keeper had been struck point blank by Alice's spells, the Darkness Bullet interrupting his charge before he could follow up his swing. The spell did something, blasting a large chunk of the Keeper's flesh off of its shoulder, but it was barely a second before he resumed stomping back towards them, the new river of coagulated blood flowing down its apron doing nothing to slow its gait. Raising his tenderizer, the Keeper clanged it against his metallic head before rearing back and lunging forward.

The Keeper charged into all three of them, closing distance with muted ferocity as he immediately rammed his shoulder into Sub-Zero before swinging its tenderizer at Alice.

KeeperPortrait.png

And so, when Shang Tsung mentioned an obstacle that was apparently keeping him providing aid, Sir Alonne gave a low hum of interest "And this unfortunate blockage would be..?"
Shang Tsung laughed at the question before continuing. “... The Mortal Kombat tournament.” The sorcerer said finally said. “You see, in my universe, before a realm can invade another, they must win a single-elimination combat tournament. Whoever wins the tournament can earn the right to invade the losing realm.” Shang Tsung explains to the wandering swordsman, “My master, Shao Kahn, intends to win the Mortal Kombat tournament against the defending warriors from Raiden, Earthrealm’s protector. However, since the Universe merger has happened, he has aborted it to investigate it.”
The Keeper charged into all three of them, closing distance with muted ferocity as he immediately rammed his shoulder into Sub-Zero before swinging its tenderizer at Alice.
Sub-Zero fell down after the Keeper rammed into the cyromancer. However, Sub-Zero quickly recovered and fired a ice blast towards the Keeper’s feet in an attempt to freeze him in place and delay the monster’s attack towards Alice.

Alice
  • The Keeper charged into all three of them, closing distance with muted ferocity as he immediately rammed his shoulder into Sub-Zero before swinging its tenderizer at Alice.
    Alice gasped and quickly had to defend herself if Sub-Zero's attack didn't work... But she hardly had anything to soften the blow. So, in preparation, all she could really do is put her blade before her in a defensive stance, hoping she can gain the chance to counter it - though thanks to Desperation, her defences were already lowered, so the damage she may take may just well be the damage she would have taken 'without' the spells.

Last edited:
Sleepwalker Rin
  • Going from one realm of existence to another isn't unheard of in every single known piece of fiction there is. It's actually more common a trope than you would think. People would frequently end up selling themselves off into the vast multiverse until they end up somewhere, probably to never come back at all. One such victim would be this lucid dreamer - known as Rin, who hails from a fictional video game entirely built upon sound and rhythm. To us, that world is a test of our timing - some times being out of our limits. But luckily, there is frequently a 'cheat character'. And that is where this particular version of Rin comes into play.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Rin, in particular her sleepwalker variant, in her home world, has a flawless accuracy record - while asleep at all times. How she does it, nobody knows - but it's insane to know that even Rin herself has no idea how her perfect accuracy would come about. One such day, she had just finished a subconscious exercise to inadvertently wake her up, of course, pushing herself to the limits - given her ability to hit every single last note perfectly. However, upon her way back to the clutches of her bed, she would suddenly just collapse right there on the way back, and fall asleep - later re-awakening when she would feel herself in constant falling. Then, a voice would sound out all around her during her fall.
    You are now entering a world from which you will never return
    You may choose to embrace it, or fight it
    But you cannot change it, nor can you go back
    How you choose to feel will determine how you feel
    Accept this willingly, and you will be enlightened
    Fight it, and you'll be be damned
    But, it is your choice to make

(Quoted from You are the Miserable, t+pazolite)
    When that voice cut off, the falling would finally stop and Rin - again - found herself face-first into the ground, the impact in particular waking Rin up. She yawned heavily, grabbing her pillow she had taken with her - as she uses that at all times to sleep and whack any obstacles aside. She would wipe sleep from her eyes and glance around her surroundings immediately - only to then realise this is not where she comes from. Wherever she woke, she has no idea - nor could she care.

"Mmm... Where is this... Place..." She let out among her yawns and her downed tone, managing to stand up without trouble at all. She immediately found herself hitting her head against something which had presumably broken in half, though Rin couldn't tell what it was. All that she knew was it hurt a fair bit. Rin groaned. "This isn't home... Where is the music...? More importantly... Why am I here...?" She asked herself aloud before getting up once again and beginning to stumble around aimlessly in no man's land - or so she thinks it is.

Last edited:
Sir Alonne
Interaction:

A tournament... to decide which realms are invaded? Sir Alonne had bore witness to many tournaments and duels held for various reasons, but never had one held such sway over the acts of kingdoms. He supposed it was far less brutal than some methods of decision-making, but that depended on how exactly these invasions proceeded. But Sir Alonne wasn't here to consider the semantics of a bloodsport, if he wanted to gather his soldiers in a crisis such as this then beings who were already privy to the idea of traversing through dimensions were an immense boon.

"Though I may question why this tournament holds more importance than the merging of unspeakable realities, I'll assume this Shao Kahn already has a plan in mind for that." Alonne tapped a finger on the handle of his sword "Where has this Raiden and his warriors gone? If they are returned and finish Mortal Kombat with haste then we can have the matter settled and the true cause for concern standing centerfold."

The Keeper and Corey

Interaction: BoltBeam BoltBeam CaptainRustbolt21 CaptainRustbolt21
The Keeper halted as Sub-Zero's blast caught its heavy feet, but the chill managed only to travel halfway up the monster's body before a jerk of its upper torso started cracking the frost. He was still stuck in place, so his tenderizer wasn't even able to get close to Alice. The Keeper merely swung its blood bag, swiping her away before focusing on freeing the rest of its body from the ice. It wouldn't hold him for long, but for the moment he was stuck.

Corey took note of it immediately, having finished checking the SMG's ammunition. Judging from the caliber of bullet and what she could see, the Magazine was just under half full. Keeping track of the battle, she glued her eyes to the still hanging corpse of the officer. If he had just one spare mag...

Once the Keeper began working to free himself, she darted from behind the vehicle, giving everyone a wide berth as she made for the officer's body.

Alice
  • The Keeper halted as Sub-Zero's blast caught its heavy feet, but the chill managed only to travel halfway up the monster's body before a jerk of its upper torso started cracking the frost. He was still stuck in place, so his tenderizer wasn't even able to get close to Alice. The Keeper merely swung its blood bag, swiping her away before focusing on freeing the rest of its body from the ice. It wouldn't hold him for long, but for the moment he was stuck.
    Alice seemed thankful as the attack was halted - though she was swiped away - taking a hit and of course, pushed about and away, yet the beast was stuck. What a relief. "I say we get the heck out of here or die trying." Alice said simply and sharply, not wanting to get completely destroyed by this thing they have no idea how to fight. For the time being, though, it is stunned and mostly harmless - but it still hit like a truck...

(Corrupted blood was generated from taking damage.)

Last edited:

• Yukari dreamed of the real world just as the real world dreamed of the fantasy world.

Her golden eyes gazed toward the universe before her with solemn indifference, ignorant of the chaos that was about to befall it. On a small corner of the universe, floating over a certain planet human and youkai alike had grew to know as Earth, a familiar yet curious satellite rotate around the home planet somewhere in between the Earth and its moon. It was a sight most hideous of human's technological advancement, an accidental replica of her beloved Gensokyo floating while outliving its purpose. A trojan green asteroid, one might consider it. Yet what it carries gave nothing but disgust upon those who set sight on it.

The failure of project Ame-no-Torifune had gave birth upon the most unlikely of creature. Beast with head akin to a monkey, body of a tiger, hind legs strangelyn of an eagle, tail unmistakably a snake's head, and wings akin to a bat roam around the interior of the massive satellite. Of course, such creature can only exist beyond science, something only the mind of those interested in any sort of twisted pseudo-scientific pulp fiction would make. Yet it exists, as if denying any sort of common sense thrown into it, and ruled over the dysfunctional dystopian satellite with its fang bared in a show of dominance.

However, in the universe within the mind of wheelchair, even a black hole may explode. Nothing, no matter how unending people once thought about it, will stand the test of time as entropy brought all upon it inevitable end.

And so was the beast, once the most powerful being within this failure of replica, now bowed before a power even greater than its own. But then what kind of creature could be stronger than something science shouldn't even be able to create? What could be so powerful, its very own presence already speaks volume of what it is capable of?

As strange as it may sound, the beast isn't the only existence in this world that defies law of nature.

603207It was a being most sagacious in appearance yet most wicked in presence. Those hands, shackled yet not restrained, had tasted the blood of innocent people, staining its pale white complexion with sins as black as ink. The sheer malice it emitted would make even the bravest of man shiver in fear. After all, that is what it is almost entirely made out of: intense evil and malice enough to taint even the holiest of saint thousands time over condensed into a single arm.

The arm of Ibaraki-doji had claimed her throne within the dormant satellite.

The beast, once embodied the very essence of terror itself, now reduced to a mere sitting lap for the wile oni. It merely sat there, not even growling as its newfound master gaze around in disinterest. It was like she was expecting a guest, clearly seemed uneasy with the passing of time.

"Well, how do you enjoy the small gift, arm of Ibaraki-doji?"

Her guest came in the form of Yukari Yakumo. Unlike the oni, whose presence reeks of bloodlust, the lady in purple and white dress barely showed any malice intent. Her golden eyes gazed toward the red-haired oni, seemingly devoid of any emotion.

"Gift? You call this damp, inhospitable place a 'gift'? Don't make me laugh!" The oni responded in condescending manner, "There ain't a thing worth my time here. Might as well be a misplaced prison, for all I care."

Yukari merely chuckled at the harsh response. She was not one to judge people's taste, but the oni does have a point. The satellite is a prison, an oversized one but ultimately isolated from the outer world, to every living being who made it a home. It has been long since the last time it made contact with any human, and to those observing from the outside it would seem as if the satellite was dysfunctional.

Something made it thrive. Whatever it is, it made life possible within this Noah's Ark. And thusly it waited for any contact with the world of common sense.

It is truly befitting for it to be dubbed 'Trojan Green Asteroid'.

"Then again, you couldn't pick a better place to kill someone," continued the arm of Ibaraki-doji, seemingly unfazed despite knowing the full intention of the youkai lady before her.

"Though if I may ask, how are you planning to kill me, Sage of Youkai? Surely you do realize that not even the blade Onikirimaru was capable of slaying me."

Yukari knew. The name 'Onikirimaru' already spoke volume of its functionality. The legendary katana has long been shattered, but even at its perfect form, the blade which was especially made to cut through oni with ease can barely scratch the arm of Ibaraki-doji. The curse formed by the accumulated malice of Ibaraki-doji was so strong, the only way to truly incapacitate it was to seal it away.

"Why of course," Yukari responded with confidence to match the oni, "though I should probably inform you of this as well; there are many ways to kill an oni other than through cutting them with Onikirimaru."

The arm of Ibaraki-doji gritted her teeth. Yukari's tone sounded rather calm, if not a bit playful, but the oni knows better than to underestimate the gap youkai. After all, she is a being who is capable of destroying Gensokyo on a sheer whim.

Sensing emotional instability within her mind, the arm of Ibaraki-doji took a deep breath and sighed.

"You spoke as if you are capable of finishing me right here, right now," a smirk returned to the oni's face, "and yet you didn't. Perhaps you were just bluffing after all, weren't you?"

Hearing the words coming out of that oni's mouth, Yukari grinned in amusement.

"A bold statement you just had there," spoke Yukari in a rather cocky tone. Then she stretched her right arm as a magical barrier of sort was formed on her right hand.

"Want to give it a shot?"

It takes no genius to figure out that Yukari is more than willing to be on the assailing side. The arm of Ibaraki-doji knows this, and she knew that her opposition could easily overpower her. Yet despite knowing the great difference in their power, she simply grinned the threat.

"Fine by me! I'll take the bait, but you better pull the reel hella strong, will ya!?" said the oni as she took her battle stance, "don't blame me if we end up being flung to the space!"

But before both side could even began the clash, the satellite suddenly shook with a force so great, it makes both of them fall to the ground. It lasted for a relatively long time before coming to an abrupt halt.

"What the-"

The quake was enough to surprise everyone, yet it didn't stop there. Before either the oni or Yukari managed to regain their composure, the roof, or rather, the ceiling of the Torifune were torn apart and flew away from the satellite.

"But how come?" Yukari widen her eyes as she noticed the chunked parts of the ceiling. However, that wasn't what concerned her. Even if the oxygen within the satellite were all released into the space, neither the gap youkai nor the oni would die. In fact, they never had the need to breath anyway.

What truly surprised her was the familiar blue sky.

"Looks like it's my lucky day, after all," spoke the arm of Ibaraki-doji before she stood and looked at Yukari, "goodbye, hag youkai. Be a good girl and just die already."

Without hesitation, the oni jumped toward the opening of the ceiling toward the open world. Strangely, Yukari did not make any attempt to stop the oni and instead merely glanced toward the escaping oni.

Seeing the red-haired oni flee away, Yukari's gaze turned toward the chimera-like beast before her.

"So we meet again, foul creature."

In a certain zombie-ridden city, a gigantic satellite has fallen into the ground like an airplane making a crash landing. Along with it, emerged new threats and an unexpected ally from the world beyond.

Well then, my dear, how would you fare in this completely strange land?

I shall merely observe in this universe of wheelchair.

A tournament... to decide which realms are invaded? Sir Alonne had bore witness to many tournaments and duels held for various reasons, but never had one held such sway over the acts of kingdoms. He supposed it was far less brutal than some methods of decision-making, but that depended on how exactly these invasions proceeded. But Sir Alonne wasn't here to consider the semantics of a bloodsport, if he wanted to gather his soldiers in a crisis such as this then beings who were already privy to the idea of traversing through dimensions were an immense boon.

"Though I may question why this tournament holds more importance than the merging of unspeakable realities, I'll assume this Shao Kahn already has a plan in mind for that." Alonne tapped a finger on the handle of his sword "Where has this Raiden and his warriors gone? If they are returned and finish Mortal Kombat with haste then we can have the matter settled and the true cause for concern standing centerfold."
“Lord Raiden and his defending warriors had already left to Earthrealm halfway during the Mortal Kombat tournament to investigate the merger. Much to... the frustration of Shao Kahn.” Shang Tsung said to the wandering swordsman, placing some emphasis on ‘frustration’. “I intend to convince Raiden put aside his investigations and to return back to Outworld so we can finish the tournament and decide the fate of his realm...” The sorcerer explained further to Sir Alonne. “If you are fine with it, masked swordsman, I invite you to join with Outworld’s kombatants for the tournament. Once Outworld wins the tournament, I promise to assist your quest to reunite with your army and send you back to your home realm.”
The Keeper halted as Sub-Zero's blast caught its heavy feet, but the chill managed only to travel halfway up the monster's body before a jerk of its upper torso started cracking the frost. He was still stuck in place, so his tenderizer wasn't even able to get close to Alice. The Keeper merely swung its blood bag, swiping her away before focusing on freeing the rest of its body from the ice. It wouldn't hold him for long, but for the moment he was stuck.

Corey took note of it immediately, having finished checking the SMG's ammunition. Judging from the caliber of bullet and what she could see, the Magazine was just under half full. Keeping track of the battle, she glued her eyes to the still hanging corpse of the officer. If he had just one spare mag...
Alice seemed thankful as the attack was halted - though she was swiped away - taking a hit and of course, pushed about and away, yet the beast was stuck. What a relief. "I say we get the heck out of here or die trying." Alice said simply and sharply, not wanting to get completely destroyed by this thing they have no idea how to fight. For the time being, though, it is stunned and mostly harmless - but it still hit like a truck...
Sub-Zero nodded before calling out for his allies so they can attempt to escape. “Smoke! Johnny Cage!” Sub-Zero bellowed out. The smokey assassin and the celebrity immediately came for the cyromancer and they all run towards Alice and Sub-Zero.

"Mmm... Where is this... Place..." She let out among her yawns and her downed tone, managing to stand up without trouble at all. She immediately found herself hitting her head against something which had presumably broken in half, though Rin couldn't tell what it was. All that she knew was it hurt a fair bit. Rin groaned. "This isn't home... Where is the music...? More importantly... Why am I here...?" She asked herself aloud before getting up once again and beginning to stumble around aimlessly in no man's land - or so she thinks it is.

Sleepwalker Rin sees herself standing in the middle of nowhere of the abandoned wasteland of a realm known as Outworld. Rim sees the purple mist flowing around the desolate no man’s land, along with the various guarding towers and rocky mountains. Quite a depressing sight...

Alice
  • Alice sighed and prepared for the worst before finally speaking up. "OK boys, two choices. Either stay here and fight 'this thing' or run off at the risk of doing it again later. What will it be? Decide." She said simply, wanting to get a clear decision on this. It may be a stupid question, but in some worlds, there is usually stupid people and stupid answers as well. So one would think this is justified.
Sleepwalker Rin
  • Sleepwalker Rin sees herself standing in the middle of nowhere of the abandoned wasteland of a realm known as Outworld. Rim sees the purple mist flowing around the desolate no man’s land, along with the various guarding towers and rocky mountains. Quite a depressing sight...
    Rin groaned. "Nooo... What is this place... Why is is so sloppy and dark and... Ewww..." She whined as she would begin to wander round this desolate mess of a location. These dark, towering buildings, the thick mist that circles and hides every fear and even worse yet entity out there. Rin just wandered around in it like it was nothing! "...Guess it can't hurt to explore the world... Zzz..." Rin fell asleep and began doing what she did best. Walk around like a bumbling, aimless idiot! Anyone or anything hostile would get a smash in the face. The problem is trying to stop her, and where she will end up. She tried to stay awake throughout the wander (worked to a degree), but was yet asleep for most of it.

Last edited:
Sir Alonne
Interaction:
Though it wasn't visible through his helmet, Sir Alonne was cautiously pleased with how this talk had gone. While the descriptors Shang Tsung had used to describe this strife of theirs already led to Sir Alonne drawing several conclusions, he already had a duty to the soldiers he'd led from the King's Land. They'd trusted him enough to desert for him, he needed to make every attempt to justify their faith. This whole Outworld and Earthrealm deal stood secondary to his soldiers, so he'd put his thoughts aside for a guarantee of support.

That being said, even he considered the ease with which he'd been able to navigate this discussion, and stayed tense despite the nod he gave Shang Tsung "I've no rightful place in your conflict, but if it will lead to the resolution of this cataclysm then I shall lend my blade."

For emphasis he lowered his blade towards the ground and gave a short bow "Tell me where my assistance is necessary and I shall try to expedite proceedings." he glanced back out into the desert where he'd come from "Given the size of the vortex which took me here, I'd say time is of the essence."

The Keeper and Corey
Interaction:
Mention: @TableCloth
Corey made it to the dangling corpse and immediately rifled through the blood-spattered officer's pockets. She glanced to the others as they regrouped, then towards the Keeper just as he raised his tenderizer and slammed it down onto Sub-Zero's ice.

Finding what she'd been looking for, Corey pulled two clips from the officer before pocketing them. A source of future ammunition acquired, she turned and emptied the rest of her current clip into the Keeper. Half a dozen rounds peppered his side, and though the ice was weakened, it held him in place for Corey's onslaught. Just after the gun clicked empty, the Keeper shook for a moment and fell forward onto one knee.

Making her way towards the others, Corey kept her words concise "I still don't even know what's happening here, what the hell is that, who the hell are you people and what the hell happened to this city?"

Through her words she reloaded the SMG, keeping her eyes on the Keeper who was starting to rise, the ice no longer to hold him as the daze of Corey's attack began wearing off. But just as it stood, the Keeper raised its head. Though it was hard to tell because of its safe-head, Corey recognized the gesture and took a risk by looking behind them. In the distance, past what seemed to be a ruined park, something large was falling from the sky. A meteor? Satellite? Corey couldn't tell from her angle, but whatever it was tore through a smaller building before skidding to a stop in the park.

For whatever reason, the Keeper lowered his head at that before turning and stomping back towards the dead cop. Hanging the blood bag back on his belt, the Keeper picked up the safe he had dropped before stomping back into the building Corey originally fled from. Watching him leave, Corey wasn't sure what to make of it. Something about the meteor scaring it off? Its body language seemed more pissed than scared.

Either way, she kept her gun trained on the entrance of the building, still keeping a good distance from Alice and the Kombatants.

Mention: BoltBeam BoltBeam CaptainRustbolt21 CaptainRustbolt21 GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
    ---​
    The satellite made the halt from its freefall at the park of the unknown city... or rather, the foremost part of it. The rest of its body, which lower parts were pretty much scraps at this point, was laying silently on the outer part of the park all the way to the road leading to said area. Of course, the descend of such a huge object was not without its consequences. Aside for the obvious property damage, bodies were scattered across the street, having trampled by the failed Noah's Ark. Luckily, those dead bodies were all zombies.

The first thing that came out of the ruined satellite was the vile beast. The foul being climbed to the top of the satellite, coming out through the same hole which the Arm of Ibaraki-doji has escaped from, before jumping down toward the park. As the beast landed, it sniffed its surrounding, and quickly noticed a creature as hideous as itself if not even worse. The chimera-like creature growled toward the humanoid creature with a safe as its head, but the growl was not that of fear. Rather, the beast sensed an immense malice from the humanoid, and the beast felt challenged.

However, before the beast could make further move, a strange gap of spacetime formed right above it. From said gap, a figure jumped out on top of the beast, lightly stomping on it before slightly launching herself back to the air and finally landed right in front of the beast.

The beast did not snarl even a little bit toward the stomping the blonde woman had just done to it. Rather, it merely lowered its head and backed down to give the woman some space for herself. Of course it is, before a being vastly more powerful than itself, it was only a natural reaction from the beast. It takes no genius to figure out this fragile-looking woman is strong, at least enough to subdue the malice-looking beast to a mere whimpering 'dog'.

One thing for certain. She is brave enough to outright ignore the abominable humanoid creature. Instead, her gaze was directed toward a certain group which picked her interest more.

"My apologies. I hope I wasn't disturbing something of great importance," said Yukari before bowing akin to a distinguished noblewoman. Then the woman glanced around, seemingly curious to the brand new world she landed into.

"This is unlike the Outside World I've grown to know of," uttered the gap youkai before she turned back toward the group, "pray tell, what city is this? I've traveled far and wide, and I'm certain this is the first time I've stepped upon this soil."

Alice
  • "I still don't even know what's happening here, what the hell is that, who the hell are you people and what the hell happened to this city?"
    "My apologies. I hope I wasn't disturbing something of great importance," said Yukari before bowing akin to a distinguished noblewoman. Then the woman glanced around, seemingly curious to the brand new world she landed into.

"This is unlike the Outside World I've grown to know of," uttered the gap youkai before she turned back toward the group, "pray tell, what city is this? I've traveled far and wide, and I'm certain this is the first time I've stepped upon this soil."
    Alice sighs, shaking her head. "Your guess is as good as ours on the location front, you two." Alice said in a downed tone, sighing. "We don't know that happened to this wreck either, albeit apart from the part that it was probably 'not' a wreck before all of 'this' to begin with." She added, responding to the masked one's question. "As for that 'creature'.... Drawing a blank on that as well. It's unlike anything I myself have seen, the same is probably true with those men." She finished and referring to Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and Smoke, who had most likely not seen this thing before now either, finally drawing attention to the youkai and hearing of her questions. The one on the city has already been referred to, but what of the other one? Alice took a while to think on it before speaking up to her. "Well, if 'universes colliding' as well as causing a universal earthquake isn't of great importance, I'll be damned." Alice said in a sharp tone, a glance of no funny business lighting her face up.

"So, in summary - no idea what this city is, what this place is, what 'that thing' is, and all that has been made clear to far is that universes including our own are somehow merging at the start of an earthquake which I'm pretty sure we all experienced. You can ask all the questions you want, but I'm afraid that at this stage, they will not have answers..." Alice said in that same sharp tone with a hint of serious before folding her arms and that blade of hers dug into the ground behind her. She had literally just explained the 'entire' ongoing incident and answered literally the questions both of these two beings - a masked warrior of some kind and then one of the many youkai brought to life - yet under a new form. While Alice would abnormally go for a swing, this one seems passive, so she laid off. "So tell me. Is 'universes merging at the start of a dimensional wide earthquake' of great importance, or is it not?" She asked one more time, trying to make it darn clear that she as well as the others now gathered in the city have no idea what this is all about and any answers there may be are not currently known.

Last edited:
//Someone, seriously fill me in on what happened. I’ve been trying to read the rest of the other replies, but since all of the events seemed to have taken place in other realms, I fear that I might mess up my next response.

//Oh for the love of... You could have asked for this in the OOC... The only real thing that you've missed is in the Besieged City, the rest is at least simpler.

//Besieged City: Keeper fell over (crippled), Corey approached the group, Yukari showed up not too much later (and the pictured beast in that same post in tow). Alice answered the questions they had, disregarding the beast in question.
//Outworld Marketplace: Alonne lends his blade to the Kombat and then begins setting off back to the desert like region.
//Outworld: Rin is wandering around that barren, misty wasteland.

//THANK YOU!

• "I've no rightful place in your conflict, but if it will lead to the resolution of this cataclysm then I shall lend my blade." For emphasis he lowered his blade towards the ground and gave a short bow "Tell me where my assistance is necessary and I shall try to expedite proceedings." he glanced back out into the desert where he'd come from "Given the size of the vortex which took me here, I'd say time is of the essence."
    The sorcerer makes a grin of satisfaction. ”Excellent. I am glad that you are willing to offer us your service.” Shang Tsung said to Sir Alonne. Just then, another Tarkatan approached the sorcerer and tapped on his shoulder, catching his attention. When Shang Tsung turned around to listen to what the Tarkatan warrior had to say, the warrior told him, though in a completely different language, that an intruder had entered the Flesh Pits, in which the sorcerer’s grin quickly fades away. Now speaking in the Tarkatan language, Shang Tsung tells the warrior to go on his way and that he’ll be taking care of it. After that, the sorcerer turns back to Sir Alonne. “I apologize, masked swordsman, but I must be on my way. I have more pressing matters to attend to.” Shang Tsung said to the wandering swordsman. “In the meantime, I bid you welcome to explore Outworld. I will alert you as soon as I can when the tournament resumes.”
    Rin groaned. "Nooo... What is this place... Why is is so sloppy and dark and... Ewww..." She whined as she would begin to wander round this desolate mess of a location. These dark, towering buildings, the thick mist that circles and hides every fear and even worse yet entity out there. Rin just wandered around in it like it was nothing! "...Guess it can't hurt to explore the world... Zzz..." Rin fell asleep and began doing what she did best. Walk around like a bumbling, aimless idiot! Anyone or anything hostile would get a smash in the face. The problem is trying to stop her, and where she will end up. She tried to stay awake throughout the wander (worked to a degree), but was yet asleep for most of it.
    During her half-awake roams of the Outworld wastelands, she eventually finds herself near a very polluted lake surrounding one of the various watchtowers of the wastelands. Near the lake is a turquoise, horned Outworld horse, slurping up the water of the lake, and next to the horse is a Human gunslinger collecting sand to pour it into a clear grenade. The Human-looking Outworlder was wearing a metal mask and a cowboy hat, wearing a black and red vest with a poncho around his shoulders.

//The Outworld gunslinger’s appearance is right here.
    3309145D-D4A5-4E07-A522-01EE19E32974.jpeg

//Finally! It’s done. I honest to god hope that I did not mess anything up.

Alice
  • After the Blood Skelter and the Youkai conversate about the current events of this ‘universe merger’ and ‘spacequake’, they suddenly heard a loud thunder clap right behind them, prompting the group to look behind them. Thankfully, it was just Lord Raiden using his godlike electrical powers to teleport behind them. However, he is accompanied by two other warriors; one warrior was wearing a red headband, leather gauntlets, red and black kung fu pants and slippers, while the other was wearing blue and red clothing with metallic gauntlets and his signature razor-bladed hat. When the trio arrived, both the Shaolin Monks were immediately surprised at what they saw, signalling that they, until now, had not seen the severity of the Universe merger. “What the...? What happened, Lord Raiden?” The monk with the headband asked Raiden. “That we are going to find out.” Raiden responds as he begins to approach the group with both Shaolin Monks behind him.
    Alice was somewhat startled by the thunder clap and looked to where it come from, seeing Raiden show up with those two warriors. She sighed. "Exactly. What you are seeing here, we do not know the cause of, though it seems that the effects, at this point, are pretty much dimension wide, merging them together." She explained, resting off her blade a bit more and trying to take this as calm as she could. Of course, there have been worse beasts in her world (though rarely), incidents of this scale are another few dozen steps higher than what one would be used to. She remained silent as she just watched over the scene having been amassed before her.
Sleepwalker Rin
  • During her half-awake roams of the Outworld wastelands, she eventually finds herself near a very polluted lake surrounding one of the various watchtowers of the wastelands. Near the lake is a turquoise, horned Outworld horse, slurping up the water of the lake, and next to the horse is a Human gunslinger collecting sand to pour it into a clear grenade. The Human-looking Outworlder was wearing a metal mask and a cowboy hat, wearing a black and red vest with a poncho around his shoulders.
    Rin wiped sleep out of her eyes when she saw these surroundings - that watchtower doesn't look too different from the ones she had seen, but the horse and that person there, much less so. The horse was an unnatural colour to begin with, what do you know, and that human-looking guy she had found looked fairly suspicious - then again, doesn't everyone? She shrugged internally, not knowing what else to do, and decided to take a chance and talk to literally the only person she has found on her wander yet, making a somewhat aimless yet clear intent to approach.

Last edited:

• Alice was somewhat startled by the thunder clap and looked to where it come from, seeing Raiden show up with those two warriors. She sighed. "Exactly. What you are seeing here, we do not know the cause of, though it seems that the effects, at this point, are pretty much dimension wide, merging them together." She explained, resting off her blade a bit more and trying to take this as calm as she could. Of course, there have been worse beasts in her world (though rarely), incidents of this scale are another few dozen steps higher than what one would be used to. She remained silent as she just watched over the scene having been amassed before her.
    “Dimensions merging? I thought that not to be possible, especially concerning of our universe having different realms.” The razor-hat-wearing monk points out, understandably confused about the whole ordeal. “My thoughts exactly, Kung Lao. For now, my only guess is that the Realms in my universe has been spared from forcefully being merged from Earthrealm. However, I fear that other merged universes with other realms may not be so lucky...” Raiden thought out loud, also understandably concerned and worried about the fate of, in his own words, Earthrealm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back