• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
52721220-491D-4BC6-81A7-46DC829C2153.jpeg
Thousands of years ago the Gods clashed in a brutal struggle for power that resulted in the destruction of divinity itself. What caused the war has been long since lost to history but what is for certain is that the destruction of these divine beings filled the universe with the divine energy of life called Chi, a rare few beings in the universe could use this energy to achieve feats that mirrored that of the gods, and among them was humanity. Though very rare and usually requiring years and years of dedicated training, chi masters did exist on earth and were among the universes most powerful champions however humanity was a young and violent species and their history would reflect as such.
~~~
In the days of old there were hundreds of Chi masters all honing their skills and perfecting their technique, they lived in harmony and peace until one among them rose a question…who is the greatest master. This would spur the masters into contest with one another, which at first was merely friendly competition. However as pride in ones abilities grew so to did resentment grow in those who were bested. Rivalries would grow, blood would he shed and eventually sides would be taken. The two sides would call themselves the Kaio, And the Oni. The Kaio believed that the masters of Chi should be peaceful and merciful, forever wandering in search of students and never using their power for personal gain. Meanwhile the Oni beleived it was their right to rule and that they were the inheritors of the authority of the gods. For hundreds of years these factions clashed until eventually their numbers were reduced to seven on each side. These last seven masters met in an area known as the last mountain, where their clash would shift the very worlds landmasses and in the end only one member of the Kaio remained.
9D99D8D1-D5F3-4E55-A7C9-F82683AC4968.jpeg
Two hundred year have passed and the last Chi master, Kame Kaio has held true to the tenants of The kaio. He has wandered the world training students, honing their skills and passing on the techniques of his fallen brethren. However despite his incredible longevity and power a tragedy has struck. The village of Damio , a town very close to where he dwelt during the spring season was rumored to have been destroyed in a battle between a god and a demon. The Students of the Kame Kaio would know all to well that such a thing had to involve their master and they have gathered in the ruins of the town to find their master and learn what is going on.
~~~
Hi people. This is an original story im working on that draws alot of inspiration from Dragon ball, Bleach, Naruto, and more epic tales such as journey to the west, the gigantomachy, and the epic of gilgamesh. Players will be filling the roles of the past students of Kame Kaio, luckily one of his techniques that he teaches is longevity allowing players to have diverse age ranges as the old man is nearly five hundred. Now im pretty lax when it comes to abilities and characters development but that said there are some parameters i would prefer we follow.

1. it takes around 20 years to master the “Basics” of chi manipulation which is what kame kaio teaches only adding enough to allow characters to develop their own techniques and master the Kame Style techniques of Longevity, Physical augmentation. Alot of that time is developed to habit building, education, training, and Rituals meaning it doesnt vary as much as many would like.

2. the most recent students were released from their training about seven years ago meaning no player characters will be his current student. That role is filled by a rather important plot character. To with training factored in, the age needed for him to start training which is around three or four with special cases…that means the Youngest characters allowable by the circumstances of the plot is between 27 & 30 years and even that is a bit of a stretch as it would require basically starting your training as soon as you could walk. The oldest is a bit of a stretch at 420 years old, as the longevity is one of the basic techniques he trains his students in.

3. Characters can have themselves and other players be from the same “class” as Kame Kaio will be able to train up to three students at a time with the exception being the current “class.”

4. No aliens currently please. Also no Characters based off of Sun Wukong or Goku, No gods, No Demons. That stuff is literally the meat and potatoes of the plot and thus having players as that early on will derail the entire thing so basically we are all humans.

If you have any questions ill gladly answer them. Im looking for a crew of about 4-6 players for this.​

Last edited:
I could be interested in this for certain.
Excellent looking back over it i forgot to add the maximum age limit. Kame kaio didnt start taking students until he was 86 years old. His 500th birthday is the day after the start of the story so the oldest a student could he is around 420 years.

I like the idea but could you expand on the world a bit. Is it like DBZ where it's basically modern times but with some futuristic stuff? Is it more like Naruto where modern is mixed with ancient in some paradoxical way? Is this like Kung Fu Panda and everything is just Wuxia fantasy China? Stuff like that.

I like the idea but could you expand on the world a bit. Is it like DBZ where it's basically modern times but with some futuristic stuff? Is it more like Naruto where modern is mixed with ancient in some paradoxical way? Is this like Kung Fu Panda and everything is just Wuxia fantasy China? Stuff like that.
Glad you asked. Its like naruto mixed with kung fu panda where everything is modernish with a hint of asian culture sprinkled in. That said because the Kaio won the war Chi practitioners are thought to be myths and are hidden hermits. Also similar to one piece and dragon ball there are weird almost nonsensical aspects to the world.

im not gonna expand to much more than that as it purposefully vague to allow players as much wiggle room as possible but i thanks good question.

Excellent. In other news your name is interesting. Is there a history to Zvitra?
Indeed there is.

For starters, my IRL name begins with Z and so naturally I'm quite fond of the letter. Obviously, it's the best letter in the alphabet which is why they saved it for the last :p. And so for that reason, I've always made my name(s)/alias(es) in things start with Z. Secondly, I love serpents, I always have, but my assortment into Slytherin sealed the deal in regards to my appreciation for them. In any case, my name derives inspiration from Vritra. Vritra is an Asura (a type of demonic deity, if you will) often depicted as a colossal serpentine dragon that is the arch-rival of the king of Vedic deities, Indra. While I'm of Indian descent and though neither I nor any of my family believes in any of the Vedic religions, I still personally find the mythological tales quite interesting (as I do with mythology in general, whether it be ancient Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Babylonian, Roman, Aztec, Celtic, Mayan, Shinto etc.).

But yeah, that's the little story.

Indeed there is.

For starters, my IRL name begins with Z and so naturally I'm quite fond of the letter. Obviously, it's the best letter in the alphabet which is why they saved it for the last :p. And so for that reason, I've always made my name(s)/alias(es) in things start with Z. Secondly, I love serpents, I always have, but my assortment into Slytherin sealed the deal in regards to my appreciation for them. In any case, my name derives inspiration from Vritra. Vritra is an Asura (a type of demonic deity, if you will) often depicted as a colossal serpentine dragon that is the arch-rival of the king of Vedic deities, Indra. While I'm of Indian descent and though neither I nor any of my family believes in any of the Vedic religions, I still personally find the mythological tales quite interesting (as I do with mythology in general, whether it be ancient Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Babylonian, Roman, Aztec, Celtic, Mayan, Shinto etc.).

But yeah, that's the little story.
Epic thanks for the discription it was alot more than i expected and i think its badass.

Running 2 big rp's at once, bold move
Actually this is my third. Im running a star wars, a Bleach, and now this one. Bleach and star wars are both in a manageable state moving at a slow but steady two posts a week. It seems the Zodiac one is DOA seeing as how ifs been like three days without a CS so im moving on to the next storyline. Hopefully having a smaller group will let it move a bit more quickly or at least at the same pace as the other two.

Thank you. ^^

May I ask what you ideally require in terms of posting frequency?
Ideally between once per every three days and once per week more is acceptable so long as it doesnt boss hog the story. Post length will he a paragraph or two given the situation and collaboration on posts is encouraged as i find that produces very cinematic scenes :)

Actually this is my third. Im running a star wars, a Bleach, and now this one. Bleach and star wars are both in a manageable state moving at a slow but steady two posts a week. It seems the Zodiac one is DOA seeing as how ifs been like three days without a CS so im moving on to the next storyline. Hopefully having a smaller group will let it move a bit more quickly or at least at the same pace as the other two.
Wow, I hope you can handle it

Wow, I hope you can handle it
My job grants me alot of freetime, so far it seems to be running smoothly. I am confident it will bode well. The star wars one and bleach one have a light plot with the characteds making the major events which rhe world will react to so its an organic growth that requires minimal management so thats convenient.

Ideally between once per every three days and once per week more is acceptable so long as it doesnt boss hog the story. Post length will he a paragraph or two given the situation and collaboration on posts is encouraged as i find that produces very cinematic scenes :)
I see. In which case, I believe it's best I sit out on this occasion. As a med student, I have a very tight schedule and very little free time. I pride myself on my commitment to RPs (I'm currently in one that's due to complete on the 15th of this month, which I why I'm looking around) so I usually only join 1-2 at a time and post weekly—more often than not I can only promise a single post per week. So it seems likely that I'll slow the ideal pace for your roleplay, which I don't think is fair to either of us if you lower your standards to accommodate me. My spot is better granted to someone else. I'll keep searching elsewhere.

Regardless, I will still commend your idea and I hope it gains traction. Good luck. ^^ 👍

I see. In which case, I believe it's best I sit out on this occasion. As a med student, I have a very tight schedule and very little free time. I pride myself on my commitment to RPs (I'm currently in one that's due to complete on the 15th of this month, which I why I'm looking around) so I usually only join 1-2 at a time and post weekly—more often than not I can only promise a single post per week. So it seems likely that I'll slow the ideal pace for your roleplay, which I don't think is fair to either of us if you lower your standards to accommodate me. My spot is better granted to someone else. I'll keep searching elsewhere.

Regardless, I will still commend your idea and I hope it gains traction. Good luck. ^^ 👍
While i disagree with your assessment i wish you luck in your searches. That said one post a week is perfectly fine.

Sorry ive been very busy lately but i have finally got a slow day and it will be up today within like three of four hours.

Here we are everyone. Ill be working on designing the devils and the questline itself and expanding the world so ill probably be ready to kick us off by friday. Hopefully we can have all the needed Character sheets by then :).

Zariel Zariel Gravitational Force Gravitational Force ithinkcat ithinkcat Venchi1986 Venchi1986 VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Bronco Bronco

The thirteen Devils

(im not gonna tell you all of their abilities or even any of them as figuring out what they do and how to counter it is a part of the story. But i will put the art i am using and their Titles, as well as list them in order of power from weakest to strongest.)

These are our foes, and are quite dangerous as even the First of these thirteen would be utterly unbeatable to one without Chi each possessing physical attributes well beyond a human. Their Chi is impressive with even the weakest of them seeming to scale slightly above the Students of Kame Kaio probably due to them being demons of exceptional power. None of these thirteen will be easy to defeat, but all must fall if our world is to survive.

7240C21C-6896-4E40-89F3-DF15A47A6B58.jpeg

4CC2D968-5C96-471C-9E16-191E8D060031.jpeg

F21DE09E-5C82-413F-9150-ACCD6C29BD1A.jpeg

7DCA52FE-F06E-403D-A3DD-C3DA0BC60EA3.jpeg

CC79D72B-4062-42FE-A2FF-77C552DC0B6D.jpeg

715AA30B-E44C-4D8C-B9BF-C454BC81B5DD.jpeg

09C29876-17F9-489A-A772-259934D693B1.jpeg

D8697DCD-E025-44BF-8BB6-1880F89F8E54.jpeg

475C4D89-848C-4CC5-B461-B5F4198AE7DD.png

4F6D4992-DD97-4093-AC9C-36764204D56C.jpeg

24388371-722D-4C8C-88A1-467B30950FBE.jpeg

772A8A72-686B-4D28-82EC-FAFF9244FCA5.jpeg

0176EB75-60BF-4498-81BF-8BE140FA8A46.jpeg

as we encounter these devils and learn about them they will be added to the lore section. Hopefully they make you wonder what is coming your way.​

Last edited:
Looks really interesting! Was wondering if you were still open for more people?
omg im sorry i forgot to hit send.

yes indeed we are ive been putting in work on the 13 devils and finally have their abilities and personalities set. The individual quests to find them are still in the works but if finished at least the first three scenarios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back