• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Camp Winifred OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
jesus christ the rp thread exploded while i was asleep

Do we just make a post where they're dropped off by their parents?
Yup! It doesn't have to be long, but if you like to write then go nuts.

I tried to edit my post to make it more readable...but I accidentally deleted it :xFeek:😖
You might be able to un-delete it! Ask in the Staff Contact section for help.

jesus christ the rp thread exploded while i was asleep

Yup! It doesn't have to be long, but if you like to write then go nuts.

You might be able to un-delete it! Ask in the Staff Contact section for help.

Thank you for the suggestion. I asked...hopefully they can do it.

I hate to say this but Danielle would probably accept mushroom and questionable road kill food without questioning it too much. You know if you need a victim.

Last edited:
Circe Circe

I think it would be very amusing to speculate on what might happen if Astrid tried to connect with a machine that Salem was already inside.

Circe Circe

I think it would be very amusing to speculate on what might happen if Astrid tried to connect with a machine that Salem was already inside.
Oh, wow I hadn't looked at character sheets. I didn't know ours were so similar. That'll be interesting for sure.

Proud to be a part of this group! So many good first posts, and so many fun interactions already!

And I can feel the AEGIS vibe thrumming under all of it.

Like some kind of massive mess of mycelium tendrils lurking under the primeval forest soil.

I can't decide how Gerald is going to react to being handed a piece of the first super he's met out in the world.

I mean, I expect he's read his Lewis Carol, so perhaps he'll ask whether it is from the grow taller side or the grow shorter side.

I am very much looking forward to exploring this new virtual space with you all; it's going to be a fun aspect of summer!

PlusUltra PlusUltra Damafaud Damafaud

To clarify, Gerald is more or less human shaped, he just has an octopus-like skin and musculature over a greatly softened human skeleton. Unlike his spiritual cousin Ophelia, he does not have any tentacles. He is dressed in baggy clothes and pretty much only his face is visible. He also uses his camouflage ability to make his face look as close to normal as he is able; unless subjected to close inspection, he looks like he just has the worst case of adolescent acne you have ever seen. His true face can be seen when he is asleep, or occasionally if his concentration lapses or he is startled.

Mostly though, he tries to look like a kid with bad acne though, because people can get a handle on that and tend not to look too closely (unless they are prone to breaking social norms about staring or making cruel statements about appearance.)

He also smells pretty bad; think unwashed teenage boy but with more of a 'low tide' accent. The baggy clothes mask it somewhat, but it is almost always noticeable at close range, especially on hot days. A dip in the lake will help a lot, but as that would involve revealing more skin, I am not sure how that is going to go.

welian welian do we even have a lake, boss? The map doesn't show one, but all camps have lakes, right? Or is that just Maine camps?

Last edited:
PlusUltra PlusUltra Damafaud Damafaud

To clarify, Gerald is more or less human shaped, he just has an octopus-like skin and musculature over a greatly softened human skeleton. Unlike his spiritual cousin Ophelia, he does not have any tentacles. He is dressed in baggy clothes and pretty much only his face is visible. He also uses his camouflage ability to make his face look as close to normal as he is able; unless subjected to close inspection, he looks like he just has the worst case of adolescent acne you have ever seen. His true face can be seen when he is asleep, or occasionally if his concentration lapses or he is startled.

Mostly though, he tries to look like a kid with bad acne though, because people can get a handle on that and tend not to look too closely (unless they are prone to breaking social norms about staring or making cruel statements about appearance.)

He also smells pretty bad, think unwashed teenage boy but with more of a 'low tide' accent. The baggy clothes mask it somewhat, but it is almost always noticeable at close range, especially on hot days. A dip in the lake will help a lot, but as that would involve revealing more skin, I am not sure how that is going to go.

welian welian do we even have a lake, boss? The map doesn't show one, but all camps have lakes, right? Or is that just Maine camps?
Ohh kk I'll revise my post. But I also blame your cute tentacle picture for Gerald!

Fair. I googled "Octopus face" and that came up. Couldn't resist, but should have known it would cause confusion.

Made a few slight edits to my CS for clarity. In particular I changed the name of the power from Octo-bod to OctoFlesh.

Both of which sound kind of dirty, now that I think about it.

Edited post to crop the face claim a little tighter so as not to feature the tentacles. He does default to purple and bulbous, but never any tentacles.

Right now though, and unless otherwise noted going forward, he looks like an almost normal if not particularly conventionally pretty teenaged boy.

If he does go swimming or whatever, he'll extend the faux acne all over, though it is somewhat less convincing when you can see all of him.

As I said, he can't really fake the texture of human skin properly, and this is the best solution he has to that so far.

Last edited:
There are many lakes in Maine. There are slightly less lakes in Virginia/West Virginia/Kentucky/Tennessee/North Carolina which is where this roleplay kinda sorta takes place.

But you're welcome to do some research. I'll make a new map and retcon the campgrounds slightly if you think you can find an approximate real-life location that is sufficiently hillbilly enough.

There are many lakes in Maine. There are slightly less lakes in Virginia/West Virginia/Kentucky/Tennessee/North Carolina which is where this roleplay kinda sorta takes place.

But you're welcome to do some research. I'll make a new map and retcon the campgrounds slightly if you think you can find an approximate real-life location that is sufficiently hillbilly enough.

Here you go: Baltimore

No RetCon required! Lake access possible but not visible on local map. If you put us at the end of that road (Cole's Mountain Fire Trail) the camp would be just a whisker over a mile's hike from the lake.

4 hours 58 minutes drive from Baltimore actually. RPN must have done some kind of HTML wizardry on the mess that I copypasta'd and noticed that I started my search from my standard AEGIS map.

welian welian

As for 'sufficiently hillbilly' it is right on the border of Virginia and West Virginia, and rural enough that it turns out the closest I can get to the end of that road on street view is about 3 miles away and across the lake at the "Lake Moomaw Marina" The camp would be roughly in the center of the shot on the nearside of that mountain ridge, far side of the lake.

'Moomaw' makes me giggle. Can that be canon? Pretty Please?

*Bats eyelashes coquettishly*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back