• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Camp Winifred OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Well, if you do change ideas though, I'd gladly take the challenge
I've recently changed an image's entire outfit as a project, wouldn't be as much work as that was! XD

Well if you insist! Oppie has longer and wavier hair.

Is less androgynous and more feminine.

Her tentacles are a dark purple.

Y'all, what kind of character do I want to play?
A mischievous pervert that causes trouble for everyone.

This way you can beat the players to.the punch.

Maybe a person who can turn their body into goo.

Or a mermaid boi to make the girls swoon.

Um hi im super new... any chance I can join?? I might need a little help getting started :P

Thus begins my work shift. If anyone needs me to respond to anything, leave me a PM and I'll check it in the evening.

Is this your time joining a group roleplay on RPNation?
I've roleplayed before, this format is just new to me. I'm not used to having to do all the extra stuff like coding and character sheets... yes, this is my first attempt to join a roleplay on rpnation.

Do you smell that, everyone? That's the smelly smell... of me taking a day off work. Time to respond to character sheets!

I'm SO sorry everyone! I had a huge migraine yesterday, and I didn't open up the RP like I intended to. :(

It's okay Wells, health over RP, always u.u

Health over roleplay always.

Okay....like I realize it says not to feed the bears at camp, but like.....what if it's something your character genuinely would do?

🤔:angel:

Health over roleplay always.

Okay....like I realize it says not to feed the bears at camp, but like.....what if it's something your character genuinely would do?

🤔:angel:
Then there starts becoming a series of bear attack against campers that cant defend themselves as the bears seek more and more human food.

As game master, I have no reason to stop your characters from feeding the bears. Whether the bears are real or are elaborate government robots sent to spy on a bunch of cultists is another matter entirely.

D. Rex D. Rex

I swear I had this all written before I knew you were bringing Oppie to the party.

Marinos, Gerald
  • Male
  • 13 years old
  • Camper

Personality

Introverted:

His mom says he's just "shy" but honestly he finds that more than a little patronizing. He prefers to think of it as "Keeping his own Counsel." Except that saying that out loud sounds more than a little pretentious, and will typically get you beat up and stuffed in a locker. So he prefers thinking to talking, and the fact that people suck just reinforces his opinions on the merits of communicating your thoughts to others.

Fatalistic:
Of course, leading with "people suck" might lead you to think Gerald is a misanthrope. In this you would not be wrong. Not exactly. The difference is subtle but, he feels, important: he doesn't take it personally. People are how they are. Wishing they would be different is asking for heartache. Keep people at a distance and keep your expectations low and you'll never, ever, be disappointed.

Funny:
Given his other traits, not too many people know this about Gerald; almost all of his most jocose comments remain purely part of his internal monologuing. But every once in a great while, one slips out. Either it is too good to resist sharing, or he feels he has read the room well enough to know it won't result in a locker stuffing. Lately he has been a bit less worried about that given the events of the last few weeks, but on the other hand he's quite a bit less keen to draw attention.

Observant:
The natural companion of introversion, and the indispensable progenitor of both funny and fatalism, this is probably the core of Gerald's personality. His inner monologue never stops, and misses very very little.

Appearance
Gerald's skin never quite looks right no matter how hard he tries, so he has settled on a default simulation of severe acne to avoid anyone looking too closely. He can change that pretty dramatically though if he wants to, and sometimes even when he doesn't want to, as noted in his powers below. He generally prefers shapeless voluminous clothing that covers as much of his skin as possible.

Biography
Gerald is the fifth of seven children in the Marinos family who run a chain of discount furniture stores from Massachusetts to Baltimore. While they are for all practical purposes wealthy, they are in an eternal state of barely balanced financial leverages, and never more than a steep recession away from bankruptcy. Not that he knows anything about that. All he knows is that his parents barely acknowledged his existence before his powers manifested. To be honest, he is pretty sure he preferred that state of affairs. Now that he is the only one in the family with super powers, everyone is kind of freaked out. He thinks his dad might have mafia connections; at the last family meeting he went on a rant about how supers were bad for business, snooping around and what not, and how no loyal member of the Marinos clan would ever work for the Feds... Typical out of touch genZey, his dad. As if having powers automatically makes you a crime fighter. Like what, that comes coded into the genes? Eye. Roll.

So anyway, things are a little tense at home.

At least his mom had the sense to send him off to this camp. Not exactly out of love, per se, but at least it takes a little of the pressure off. Until the homesickness kicked in... which was pretty much as soon as they drove away. It's going to be a long summer. And 'special school' waiting at the end of it! Yay.

Superpower
Octo-body
Gerald was a normal kid until three weeks ago. So normal you'd never notice him. The irony of this is not lost on him: Trading social camouflage for actual camouflage? Who writes this garbage?

Now he can change his skin color and texture like an octopus. The lab tech was very helpful in explaining all the details about chromatophores, iridophores, and leucophores. As a side effect it has made him more flexible. A lot more flexible. Like to kind of a disgusting degree. He still has bones, more or less; he can still stand up and walk around like a normal person. Unlike a normal person he can now squeeze through a pipe less than six inches wide. Yuck.

So. Benefits: can instinctually change color and texture to blend into any background (He's thinking codename: wallflower. Not.)
Can change shape pretty dramatically, but has to keep the same basic body plan. Think circus contortionist, not plastic man.
Swims pretty well if he stops trying to do it like a human, but definitely cannot breathe underwater.
Freakishly strong grip, and can use his whole body do do it now

Drawbacks:
Can't do skin properly. Can do impressions well enough you know who he's going for, but can't disguise himself as human. Does a pretty good lion-fish though
Skin dries out easily and smells funny.
Soap hurts a lot, and doesn't help with the smell.
Looks super gross when he swims, even if he tries to do it like a human.
Eyes are sensitive to bright lights
Bones are flexible, which is painful all the time, and while it seems that they can't break, they do bruise, and easily.
'Instinctually" means it can happen spontaneously if startled or stressed out.

D. Rex D. Rex

I swear I had this all written before I knew you were bringing Oppie to the party.

Marinos, Gerald
  • Male
  • 13 years old
  • Camper

Personality

Introverted:

His mom says he's just "shy" but honestly he finds that more than a little patronizing. He prefers to think of it as "Keeping his own Counsel." Except that saying that out loud sounds more than a little pretentious, and will typically get you beat up and stuffed in a locker. So he prefers thinking to talking, and the fact that people suck just reinforces his opinions on the merits of communicating your thoughts to others.

Fatalistic:
Of course, leading with "people suck" might lead you to think Gerald is a misanthrope. In this you would not be wrong. Not exactly. The difference is subtle but, he feels, important: he doesn't take it personally. People are how they are. Wishing they would be different is asking for heartache. Keep people at a distance and keep your expectations low and you'll never, ever, be disappointed.

Funny:
Given his other traits, not too many people know this about Gerald; almost all of his most jocose comments remain purely part of his internal monologuing. But every once in a great while, one slips out. Either it is too good to resist sharing, or he feels he has read the room well enough to know it won't result in a locker stuffing. Lately he has been a bit less worried about that given the events of the last few weeks, but on the other hand he's quite a bit less keen to draw attention.

Observant:
The natural companion of introversion, and the indispensable progenitor of both funny and fatalism, this is probably the core of Gerald's personality. His inner monologue never stops, and misses very very little.

Appearance
Gerald's skin never quite looks right no matter how hard he tries, so he has settled on a default simulation of severe acne to avoid anyone looking too closely. He can change that pretty dramatically though if he wants to, and sometimes even when he doesn't want to, as noted in his powers below. He generally prefers shapeless voluminous clothing that covers as much of his skin as possible.

Biography
Gerald is the fifth of seven children in the Marinos family who run a chain of discount furniture stores from Massachusetts to Baltimore. While they are for all practical purposes wealthy, they are in an eternal state of barely balanced financial leverages, and never more than a steep recession away from bankruptcy. Not that he knows anything about that. All he knows is that his parents barely acknowledged his existence before his powers manifested. To be honest, he is pretty sure he preferred that state of affairs. Now that he is the only one in the family with super powers, everyone is kind of freaked out. He thinks his dad might have mafia connections; at the last family meeting he went on a rant about how supers were bad for business, snooping around and what not, and how no loyal member of the Marinos clan would ever work for the Feds... Typical out of touch genZey, his dad. As if having powers automatically makes you a crime fighter. Like what, that comes coded into the genes? Eye. Roll.

At least his mom had the sense to send him off to this camp. Not exactly out of love, per se, but at least it takes a little of the pressure off. Until the homesickness kicked in... which was pretty much as soon as they drove away. It's going to be a long summer. And 'special school' waiting at the end of it! Yay.

Superpower
Octo-body
Gerald was a normal kid until three weeks ago. So normal you'd never notice him. The irony of this is not lost on him: Trading social camouflage for actual camouflage? Who writes this garbage?

Now he can change his skin color and texture like an octopus. The lab tech was very helpful in explaining all the details about chromatophores, iridophores, and leucophores. As a side effect it has made him more flexible. A lot more flexible. Like to kind of a disgusting degree. He still has bones, more or less; he can still stand up and walk around like a normal person. Unlike a normal person he can now squeeze through a pipe less than six inches wide. Yuck.

So. Benefits: can instinctually change color and texture to blend into any background (He's thinking codename: wallflower. Not.)
Can change shape pretty dramatically, but has to keep the same basic body plan. Think circus contortionist, not plastic man.
Swims pretty well if he stops trying to do it like a human, but definitely cannot breathe underwater.

Drawbacks:
Can't do skin properly. Can do impressions well enough you know who he's going for, but can't disguise himself as human. Does a pretty good lion-fish though
Bones are flexible, which is painful all the time, and while it seems that they can't break, they do bruise, and easily.
They are very clearly relatives.

D. Rex D. Rex

Marinos, Gerald
  • Male
  • 13 years old
  • Camper

Personality

Introverted:

Fatalistic:

Funny:

Observant:

Appearance

Biography

Superpower
Octo-body

Drawbacks:
And I thought Griffin was the only invisible fella here, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back