• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Boku no Hero Academia: Peace Sign Academia

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

"Tsuyo, grab this!"

tsuiu.gif

*throws the newspaper*

NEW ACADEMY OPENS SMILING LIKE ALL MIGHT

mmd_hq_anime_like_front_gate_to_a_school_yard_by_saler1-d7vtl1f.png

Nearly in the "return to school season" and as it appears one might return to an unfamiliar school. Already endorsed by UA, in spite of having just finished construction, Peace Sign Academia (or PSA for short) is the result of the collaboration of several lesser-known heroes who teamed up to build this monument to the Symbol of Peace himself, All Might. In fact, the school itself was innitially called "Symbol of Peace Academia", but due to a small legal war with the agency´s marketing team, they settled for "Peace Sign Academia". Nevertheless the statue of All Might at the entrance seems to smile brightly at the future of this newbie academy.

"UA, and All Might are our rivals in a sense, but in another sense, they are our drive." Explains the director "If there is one thing I learned in UA is that learning from and growing with your rivals is an important thing for heroes. And I suppose, for everyone else too."

Zetsuen_13_11-300x168.jpg

"As I understand, there was no public support for this academy."

"Hehe, yes - the director laughs- We did lack funds, but luckily with UA´s patronage and the team we managed to assemble, we managed to create a nice place. We are nothing to UA´s scale though. We have a very simple exam, right now even a quirkless kid might pass. Of course, this means many of our students may not be able to pass the hero exams, so the students will also be prepared to be able to perform other activities with our internships, and we will earn funds by helping to fix damages to the city and other community assistance. It can also be quite the learning opportunity for the students, getting to see first hand the consequences of villany might help solidify them into the right path."

Down-to-earth, friendly teachers, the blessings of the best academy around, and a eager spirit to educate and help, this academy sure seems like a diamond in the rough. Let´s see what the year´s quirks brings them,

-Shoushan Shibun, for the "The UA Records"

oh my goodness!.gif

Yep, that´s right All Might! This is an Boku no Hero RP set in a different academy that just opened. This will be a detailed RP set about a year prior the events of the series. It will feature OCs and three systems designed to promote continual activity in the RP while not interfiering much with your IC RPing.

I will now take questions:

will you be gming this on your own?

I will be open to having co-GMs and all of those things. It´s not a difficult task, I think, mostly just occasionally helping me brainstorm, helping to keep the OOC active and making sure everyone has the rules in check. The hard may be if at any point I may have to take an absense, though, as the weight of running everything would fall to the co-GM while I am gone, less the RP die because of it.
What characters are we allowed to make?

Each player will be allowed to make up to three characters (for now). However, remember that you are compromising by doing this. If you make three characters, you better be able to keep posting well with all of them. Players can make both student and teacher characters, though your first always has to be a student and your third always a teacher.

Only OCs will be allowed in this RP. Cannon characters will only appear temporarily under special circumstances (see "Quirk Evolution System" below). Random complete ripp-offs of every aspect of a cannon character, as well as any character that can endanger the RP itself or it´s consistency with the cannon universe will be rejected.

In the future, villain characters might become open to make as well.
Pffft... alternative academy? This is just the same as any other Boku no Hero RP!

Actually, you´re wrong. Yes, I did try to keep the essence of what the whole thing was about, kids with quirks in this school for hero training. However, it features mechanical and plot differences you can tell right from the intro.

First, your characters are not just learning hero work, but also exploring how their quirks can potentially be used in other professions. Who knows maybe someone will make a twist and want to be a florist instead.

Mechanically speaking, the RP will feature three systems, the "Quirk evolution" system, the "job" system and the "secret" system.

Quirk Evolution- By the end of each week, players will receive a certain amount of Quirk Evolution points (or QEP) for their contribution to the RP, IC and OOC alike. Just being frequently present and chatting the OOC can earn you points. But anything from helping improve a plot point, to making interesting suggestions, helping people understand the rules, inviting your friends to come over, etc... So long as it makes a good contribution to the RP, it gains you points. These points can then be used to buy IC or OOC goodies. Your quirk may gain a minor increment. You may get to choose who you are fighting in the first round of a tournament. You may gain an extra vote in a community vote. Villains or other obstacles you choose may come to pose a threat to the students here. You may bring a cannon character for a temporary appearance in the roleplay (like a visit to the school or running into them with your character, or whatever). So remember, be good! :)

Job- People need money. Heroes need money. Peace Sign Academia doesn´t have a lot of it. But we have good news! Peace Sign Academia does allow their students to have part-time jobs on the side, promoted by the academy itself. The students don´t get a full paycheck (the academy takes a cut, but covers up for the student if they mess up or if they have to miss a day at work, not to mention finding the job in the first place). Every IC week, your character will get a paycheck from the academy that is larger or smaller depending on your scores as a student, and on the part-time jobs you take.

Secret- Maybe you feel "oh, why does everything have to be in the CS"? I wanted my past and my powers to be an exciting mystery! Well, now you can. Certain parts of the CS will be marked {S}, indicating you can send those to me by PM instead. I will compile them in a place the other players can´t see, and only once you reveal them or someone has a good enough guess will I add it to your actual CS. Until then, so long as it exists somewhere, you can keep it a secret! ;) You don´t HAVE to do it, though, you can just post that information normally.
Wait, if the academy didn´t have funds how they get built in the first place?

A few loans aside, it was mostly the cooperation of their current teachers, who used their quirks in combination to build the school from scratch.
Why does this take place a year before the series?

For spoiler-free consistency. It´s the only way to more or less be assured that I won´t be spoiling what happens in the manga to anime-onlys.
are there posting requirements?

The posting requirements will be one solid paragraph, and respecting the content minimum.
What is the limit to quirks?

I can´t approve of something that could potentially destroy the plot.

So, here are five GENERAL guidelines for what will not be approved:
*Quirks that prevent the possibility of a response- if your quirk is powerful enough to prevent your opponent from having any defense against you, or any way of beating you, it´s a no go

*Quirks that mess with the plot- seeing the future, mind reading, quirks with too much adaptability, all those things could easily destroy any form of mystery or prevent villains from taking action. A lot of the plot will be built a bit dodging these cases with your quirks (if someone has a quirk that unlocks doors, I´m not gonna make a whole plotpoint about a locked door), but some quirks can blow up almost anything I try, and so won´t be accepted

*quirks likely to cause irreversible danger- a quirk that by defintion blows up a stadium means that we might have to spend months of IC RP before we could use a certain building again, which can be a serious hydrance to the RP. If your quirk can poison someone and kill them, or chop off an arm at a normal usage, it´s probably not gonna get approved. This isn´t too say no dangerous quirk will be allowed. I would allow Bakugou´s quirk, for example. But if the only or standard way of using a quirk means you can´t help but disfigure a classmate or wipe a location from the map, you´re not gonna get approved.

*Any power that you have to be retarded not to abuse- I´m talking in particular to most elemental powers, but not just. If your ability means you could set someone on fire from an inside, summon infinite anything or control something for pratically all intends and purposes, your power is a lightly disguised form of the previous three points and therefore will not be approved.

*Vague powers- If I can´t understand what your power is, or if you can just make up numbers along the way and change them up as you feel like, I´m sorry but it´s a no go. I might be more lenient with the "gets tired" price, but it will depend on how common that becomes.

You can somewhat bypass these by giving your powers proper weaknesses and limitations. The more circumstancial or difficult to pull off a power is, the lesser the chances it can be pulled at a time when it´s use can screw up key plot points or null the participation of other players, and as such, can be more powerful.

Hope that helps
Wow, I´m already excited! When will the RP begin?

The thread for the RP itself, the CSs and the OOC will be put up by friday. I have my final exam then.
Help! I don´t know what I should do for my power! (shameless advertising)

Well, how about trying this out?
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/idea-creates-you-a-super-power-quizz.319324/
anything else we should know?

I am quite the demanding GM. While reasonable arguments are encouraged if you think I am mistaken about something, whining that you want something and I am not letting you have it does not cut it. Coming to this RP and then complaining about the rules in this very search thread is not acceptable.
I will be demanding in the CSs, I will be demanding in your posts, I will not tolerate characters have a 180 degree shift in their personalities for no reason.
Try to be nice, try to be smart, always be respectful. That way we can be friend. And if you´re cooperative too, we won´t just be friends: We will be co-makers of an amazing RP.

If these terms are not good with you, then there are other options. NaturalQueen NaturalQueen is currently running a discord boku no hero RP, I will post the link to her thread shortly.

For those of you who can agree to letting me your GM, though, it´ll be a honor!
Now, together!

Everyone: Plus Ultra!
All Might: Good work everyone!

deku power.gif

(Post below if you´re interested or have any questions)

Last edited:
it´s written there. If you missed it, please go read the search thread again, because there might have been other information you missed as well.
Shoot... should've read it more carefully, the excitement got to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back