• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BEING HUMAN - OOC {Open }

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Yup. Some of it is that he's come to trust Elena enough to tell her more of their story. But some of the things Arryn's saying, though, he doesn't even realize that he sounds crazy saying them. Like magic and werewolves. He just assumes those things are on Earth as well as Aether. On Aether, magic is, if not possessed by everyone, at least known to exist by all. Everyone just kind of takes its existence for granted, like we do for gravity. So why should Arryn think it's any different on Sol, given that's how he's been used to thinking of it his entire life? His assumption that magic is just as common on Earth as on Aether is reinforced when he sees all the crazy lights and ringing phones and loud cars. After all, how could such things be possible by any means other than magic?

So, he explains, the second they meet a total stranger in an alleyway, without any reservation, that they came through a magical portal, thinking that's a pretty normal thing that anyone could understand, even on Earth. His concern about telling her Daniel is a werewolf is not that she'll think he's crazy--since naturally werewolves must exist here just like on Aether, it's been that way his whole life!--but that she'll want to kill them all immediately with extreme prejudice.

Roland is kind of doing the same thing on his end. His working theory for why he can't open a portal is not that there is no magic, but that there's some sort of nullification barrier enveloping London so that mages can't access their mana stores. He's seen stuff like that in some ancient or remote places on Aether before during his travels.

Rip Morgana. She's all alone. She needs to be stuck with someone that's like witty and the complete opposite of her so they can bicker.

Ha ha, nice. I bet part of the reason it doesn't have many customers is because the menu above the bar is completely in Japanese.

There's a patient at work who calls me George Lucas. No matter how many times I tell him my name and profession, he insists on believing Im a cop named George Lucas. Not the one who wrote Star Wars, though, he assures me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back