• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Oh? I’m intrigued.

Yep. It's called "Chimera" and the basic idea is that it's a class that modifies one's body to enhance it, then fights using that modified body. The class's two central mechanics are the "Unnatural Weapon" which basically just gives you a natural weapon which should hopefully be on par with fighting using weapons normally, and which the class encourages you to use by tying many of its potential boons to the use of natural weapons; and the "Monstrous Alterations", which are the heart and soul of the class. It's a series of small boons representing small body traits you can fit into specific slots in your body (for instance, a set of porcupine-like spines for 1 upper back slot, or replacing your head with a phantasmal helmet for 2 head slots). Monstrous alterations can also become temporarily stronger when you unlock the possibility to forcefully evolve them at level 10.

I've been slowly building this class, especially the monstrous alterations which I would need a lot of to have a proper amount of variety.

Yep. It's called "Chimera" and the basic idea is that it's a class that modifies one's body to enhance it, then fights using that modified body. The class's two central mechanics are the "Unnatural Weapon" which basically just gives you a natural weapon which should hopefully be on par with fighting using weapons normally, and which the class encourages you to use by tying many of its potential boons to the use of natural weapons; and the "Monstrous Alterations", which are the heart and soul of the class. It's a series of small boons representing small body traits you can fit into specific slots in your body (for instance, a set of porcupine-like spines for 1 upper back slot, or replacing your head with a phantasmal helmet for 2 head slots). Monstrous alterations can also become temporarily stronger when you unlock the possibility to forcefully evolve them at level 10.

I've been slowly building this class, especially the monstrous alterations which I would need a lot of to have a proper amount of variety.
Honestly, that sounds like an awesome alternate version to a druid’s wild shape. I love it! Could get some serious character development out of a class like that, too. Are the alterations permanent or can they be changed?

Honestly, that sounds like an awesome alternate version to a druid’s wild shape. I love it! Could get some serious character development out of a class like that, too. Are the alterations permanent or can they be changed?

I basically went with the recent route of "you can change them every level up".

Also I find it interesting that the first thought that came to mind was wild shape. In what way did the concept remind you of it?

I basically went with the recent route of "you can change them every level up".

Also I find it interesting that the first thought that came to mind was wild shape. In what way did the concept remind you of it?
Well, you mention changing their bodily structure through these physical mutations of sort. Wild shape is a druid changing their entire body, albeit temporarily. It almost sounds like a more controlled version of wild shape in which the user adapts the specific characteristics they desire as opposed to the entire animal or being that characteristic comes from.

Well, you mention changing their bodily structure through these physical mutations of sort. Wild shape is a druid changing their entire body, albeit temporarily. It almost sounds like a more controlled version of wild shape in which the user adapts the specific characteristics they desire as opposed to the entire animal or being that characteristic comes from.

An interesting perspective indeed. Never thought of it that way.

In any case, I'll leave here the link to the class. I have also made subclasses, but for now just the class's link.

None, I am sorry to say. If we don't hear from him soon, I'm going to have to assume that this game has fizzled.

Hopefully we will. I wouldn’t call it fizzled just yet, after all they were swept up in a bit of a wave of us all getting busy at the same kinda sudden time.

Hopefully we will. I wouldn’t call it fizzled just yet, after all they were swept up in a bit of a wave of us all getting busy at the same kinda sudden time.
While I understand that, I'm more inclined to agree with Sherwood Sherwood . BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 has shown to be good at keeping us updated on the pace of the Campaign so far. Silence doesn't bode well, but my hopes are there.

For what it’s worth though, even if this IS the end of this project, I had a wonderful time writing and hanging out with you guys. Thank you for the opportunity!

Hey, I wanted to apologize for vanishing like I did. I appreciate the DMs checking on me as well. I recently had to quarantine as several family members have contracted Covid, and the stress of it all has kept me away from here.

Hey, I wanted to apologize for vanishing like I did. I appreciate the DMs checking on me as well. I recently had to quarantine as several family members have contracted Covid, and the stress of it all has kept me away from here.

Welcome back then! Glad you're still with us, albeit possibly in limited fashion.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having to deal with that. I hope those family members are doing as well as they can.

As eager as I’m sure many of us may be to return to the game, please do take care of yourself IRL and mitigate that stress as best you can. I’ve subconsciously brought IRL stress into RPs before and it rarely ended well.

Whoa! Best wishes to all of you for a quick recovery and speedy transit through that!

It's completely understandable given the circumstances, I'm just glad things aren't worse. That being said, I hope everything goes well and that your family members (along with yourself) remain healthy and are able to beat the virus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back