• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
There were two left, one at full HP and one at 4. Axtis tapped one for 13 HP (enough to kill a full HP one) and Hafdan crit, which did something like 17 damage. Thought about doing a proper combat log to explain this, but so little changed hands here that it seemed easier to just type it out.

Noted.

Amazing what can happen while I'm just on my way home XD

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 I'm going to have Larassa roll investigation to inspect the altar for traps, but I also want her to check for anything hidden - a switch or perhaps some hidden compartment of sorts. Do I need to roll twice or just once?

She really isn't much of a religious buff, but I suspect a religion check could be of use here. It wouldn't make much sense for her to even roll that given her background and lifestyle.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 She really isn't much of a religious buff, but I suspect a religion check could be of use here. It wouldn't make much sense for her to even roll that given her background and lifestyle.
If you're questioning the motivation behind the roll, Barren has stated before that the gods of Faerûn are pretty active. Especially the Dead Three (with the Cult Killings and all), so even as a non-religious character there's still the chance Larassa would recognize something.
Only chiming in because I found the question interesting, not trying to nag.

If you're questioning the motivation behind the roll, Barren has stated before that the gods of Faerûn are pretty active. Especially the Dead Three (with the Cult Killings and all), so even as a non-religious character there's still the chance Larassa would recognize something.
Only chiming in because I found the question interesting, not trying to nag.
What roll would I be questioning, though? T.T I'm confused now lol. Larassa knows nothing about any gods and she knew nothing about this cult until she was forced to look into it.

I meant the religion check lmao, but fair enough I see your point.
I'm all for making rolls if my character might know about the subject at all. But when I have no explanation for how they could know something, I'm not going to make the roll. Even a natural 20 wouldn't make sense for this.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Can Tialaas recover his arrow?

I'm not generally worried about nonmagical ammunition.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 I'm going to have Larassa roll investigation to inspect the altar for traps, but I also want her to check for anything hidden - a switch or perhaps some hidden compartment of sorts. Do I need to roll twice or just once?

She really isn't much of a religious buff, but I suspect a religion check could be of use here. It wouldn't make much sense for her to even roll that given her background and lifestyle.

Investigation was the right call, yeah. You're welcome to make the religion check if ya want, though you're probably just gonna glean what's basically public knowledge. The Dead Three have a pretty prominent history in Baldur's Gate, so some knowledge isn't impossible, but it's likely limited to things like "Bhaal's kids fought and the good one won," and things like that.

Crazy planning week at work.
How's the training going?
It’s ridiculously easy. With the COVID numbers spiking again, we’re back to doing online classes only. I just play video games all day and occasionally answer questions during the classes (right or wrong answer provided), just so it looks like I’m active and so I won’t get randomly called out. XD

There is the annoyance of group projects, though. I always either piss someone off by being too honest or get loaded down with most of the work while others slack off. Bleh, I managed to do both this time around lol. But nobody can say I didn’t put effort into the project and I think I can avoid speaking during the presentation altogether because I did a ton of background work and helped compose additional documents for the project.

It went relatively well, thankfully!

Driving simulations on the other hand... worry me for now lol.
Driving simulations are something I’ve only done for the military lol. I assume you’re trying to get your license?

I'm having the fun of waiting for the results of my own Covid test. Our roommate has tested positive, and right now I'm feeling like crap along with my wife. I fully expect to hear that I have it.

I'm having the fun of waiting for the results of my own Covid test. Our roommate has tested positive, and right now I'm feeling like crap along with my wife. I fully expect to hear that I have it.
Oof, I hope you two feel better ASAP. Sorry to hear that. :/

Thanks for the well wishes. I don't have any underlying medical problems that put me in a high risk category, so I expect that I'll just feel cruddy for a while and eventually get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back