• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

BarrenThin2

Here's the OOC thread for Baldur's Gate. I can also be reached via Discord, just ask for it and I'll DM you. Mostly for communications not done in character or otherwise. I may occasionally call for a roll or something from here, so watch for mentions!

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Also! A tabaxi has claws that give them 1d4 unarmed damage. But with him being a monk, his martial arts also give him 1d4 unarmed damage.

Would this compound or would it be ignored?

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Also! A tabaxi has claws that give them 1d4 unarmed damage. But with him being a monk, his martial arts also give him 1d4 unarmed damage.

Would this compound or would it be ignored?

It's either/or, never both. I think RAW you couldn't use your claws for flurry of blows but that's dumb; basically the main difference would be piercing (slashing?) or bludgeoning damage.

That was my intention, but people went to the trouble of making their character on site so c'est la vie. I'm not too worried about it, can always add them to dndbeyond later. Might do it myself just for my own frame of reference.

It's either/or, never both. I think RAW you couldn't use your claws for flurry of blows but that's dumb; basically the main difference would be piercing (slashing?) or bludgeoning damage.
I think claws work as slashing. But I could also see them as piercing.

So basically I can change the damage type between them?

And do unarmed strikes use dex or strength or either for damage?

That was my intention, but people went to the trouble of making their character on site so c'est la vie. I'm not too worried about it, can always add them to dndbeyond later. Might do it myself just for my own frame of reference.
I made mine in dnd beyond first. Then transfered the info over here. Just cause its a bit easier to look at and manage here. I'll link my dndbeyond in my cs when I'm done.

I'm not even sure what D&D Beyond is.

It's an external website that primarily serves as a character builder. Don't worry about it!

I think claws work as slashing. But I could also see them as piercing.

So basically I can change the damage type between them?

And do unarmed strikes use dex or strength or either for damage?

I made mine in dnd beyond first. Then transfered the info over here. Just cause its a bit easier to look at and manage here. I'll link my dndbeyond in my cs when I'm done.

Yeah, I'd let you basically change your unarmed strike damage type between the two as an effect of your claws. Normally unarmed strikes are strictly strength but monk can use dex.

I more meant that I have a campaign on DnDbeyond where I can share my content (I own nearly all the books on site) and view everyone's CS's easily, but I can also do that with them posted here, so no worries.

You are the Storyteller, so if you want us to try the DnD Beyond site, I'm up for that.

It's really more up to you, I'd say. The main things I get out of it is the ability to quickly reference your abilities and edit your inventories. I'll repost the link here to join the campaign, if you wish.

Any help is appreciated, though with content sharing enabled you should have everything other than Rime of the Frostmaiden and Fiendish Folio through me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back