• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Bᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ Dᴀʀʀᴏᴡғᴀʟʟ

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[Let me know if you're interested! Using my roleplay's upcoming, big old fight as a recruitment opportunity. It's in the nationbuilder section on account of most of the PCs being lords, but this element will concern lower-level characters and their struggles.]

Play as a foot soldier or knight on a low fantasy medieval battlefield that has been many months in the making!

The political machinations that lead up to these battles have been roleplayed out, and other players (coloured names) will be your commanders. The battle(s) themselves will be decided by the tactics used, dice, and GM discretion. You're just a soldier; you don't need to know all of the reasonings of the rapacious lords you serve.

Do as you're told. Now, to arms!

1707171191494.png

The people of Fyrdos have raised the ramshead banner of rebellion. No longer will the Fyrdians suffer under the yoke of Carmondy.

Carmondy's royal garrisons are beginning to be seized across the country, and the city of Gwyburgh - long under Carmondy's occupation - has risen up in arms. With the death of King Agbert Hiberion in the war that he sought to prosecute against the Kingdom of Valcay in a bid for more land, his weak-willed son, Edmund, has now assumed the throne. Now, humiliated from their losses, Carmondy's barons have risen against their new king and the realm has descended into anarchy.

But in Carmondy's time of collapse, came Fyrdos's time of unity. Its lords and clans banded together under their King, Tharon Grenn, who had forsaken his vassalage to Agbert's heir. His status as king is controversial... he was Agbert's appointee to the throne, originally. Many other High Lords in Fyrdos have a claim to the crown themselves. But that is neither here, nor there - with the oppressors embroiled in their own internal strife, now may be the last chance for Fyrdos to free itself. A kingsmoot is promised to be held after Fyrdos's victory.

1707171139378.png1707171112084.png

You are a soldier, gentle or simple, of either of these warring Kingdoms. A mighty battle is taking on the fields outside Darrowfall Keep.

King Tharon has raised several armies in his bid to reclaim Fyrdos and its lost lands. One of these armies is lead by High Lord Albert MacEanruig ( SoRonery SoRonery ) , his twin brother Sir Robert, and their allies, who have put the Fyrdo-Carmon loyalist, Lord Miras, to siege at his castle-seat in Darrowfall. The second army was recently lead to victory in the siege of the Carmon stronghold of Malleyeth by Sir Amias ( Lord Bradorian Lord Bradorian ) and Sir Gauvin ( SMTFan SMTFan ), both of Clan Enguerrand. Though the other lords comprising the army have taken on most of the command, the input of these knights has been invaluable.

After defeating several rogue barons at home, Lord Robert de Cherbourg ( Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon ) has allied with Lord Philippe de Oriflamme ( MrThe MrThe ) and now the two Carmon lords have raised a coalition of nearly five thousand men to ward off Fyrdian aggression and to relieve the siege of Darrowfall. However, after Sir Robert MacEanruig's abduction of Lord Philippe's uncle, the Abbot of Trambley, the 'Bloody Baron' flew into a rage, leaving his lady-wife Dierdre de Oriflamme ( Meredith Meredith ) back at the castle, and marching into battle with the MacEanruigs before Robert and the rest of the coalition could rendezvous with him.

Lord Robert chanced upon the arrival of the second Fyrdian army, which was on their way to reinforce the first. Knowing that their forces could not be united, he is forced to fight a nearby, separate battle with the Enguerrands and their allies.

Who are you? It's possible that you hobnob with these nobles, or are of relation to them. You may simply be a knight from another family, or an undubbed man-at-arms (or maid-at-arms). You may be a mounted sergeant, or even a lowly foot soldier. Whoever you are, the fate of steel is in your hands.​

Last edited:
I wanna die as a nobody for a king that doesn't care for me!
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Interested~

I'd love to play a wandering knight looking for a lord to swear allegiance to. Money, power, fame? Nah, my mans wants that steel.

"There was a time, boy, when I searched for steel. Steel meant more to me than gold or jewels."

Put me down as interested. I’m not even close to knowing what I want kind of character I want to make, but I definitely want to bonk someone.

I'd like to express my interest as well, either taking the role of a sergeant/captain or perhaps (if allowed) a veteran mercenary siding with either the Fyrdians or Darrowfall.

Sweet!

Update: Kragwyn is about to defeat Flamebay in a few posts. MrThe lost about 1,000 men.

I like this concept. Having the battle in the nation builder and then playing it out in a group RP. This could potentially be a neat series if there's enough support.

I'll keep an eye on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back