• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hooray for little walks!

Just last week, I learned of the death of a role player in our community who had just been a total rockstar for years (his name is Troy). He didn't take very good care of his body and so he had a heart attack at home.

I miss him a great deal! He always cared about the games and the people who played in them. I continue to remind my fellow RPers - take good care of your bodies. The happier your body is, the longer you get to game!

"Keep on Trekkin'," Jay! =)

Just last week, I learned of the death of a role player in our community who had just been a total rockstar for years (his name is Troy). He didn't take very good care of his body and so he had a heart attack at home.

I miss him a great deal! He always cared about the games and the people who played in them. I continue to remind my fellow RPers - take good care of your bodies. The happier your body is, the longer you get to game!
Sorry to hear this. May Troy rest in peace.

Ok, gang. Decision time. Do we go and intervene in the fight around Han's hideout? I am inclined to give it a try, hoping that we can turn the tide of the fight fast enough to make a difference.

Sorry to hear this. May Troy rest in peace.
I think Troy would be grateful to hear that! I think this is a good time to tell you that the gaming shop he managed celebrated knowing him by taking an entire day to play games in his honor right there in his store! And the new manager, a caring teenager named Logan, is really doing all he can to do right by everyone! I genuinely like the guy!

What a legacy, right? Have a whole store game in your honor? Most RPers don't get "wakes" of that nature when they pass on! Go Troy! =)

It is never easy to lose someone close to you. My sympathies for you.

It is never easy to lose someone close to you. My sympathies for you.
Thanks! To be fair and clear, Troy and I were strong acquaintances (Sherwood, this is nothing compared to when Killfire passed away). =)

Ok, gang. Decision time. Do we go and intervene in the fight around Han's hideout? I am inclined to give it a try, hoping that we can turn the tide of the fight fast enough to make a difference.
I'm putting my vote in a spoiler because I don't want my vote to alter anyone else who posts after me (which happens, even at a gaming table).
Well, Bamboo has this monk code of honor thing going on and part of his responsibilities to his monastery and tribe fall into basically helping the innocent. Both Bamboo and I are of one mind on this - help Han's people.

I'd like to see what we're up against - assess the situation. If we can reasonably find a way to help, then let's do it! But if it looks like all we're going to do is become prisoners again and let the scroll fall back into the Fire Nation's hands, I think we should move on to Fort Tangdao.

O-Ren is more inclined to try and go to the aid of those at the hideout, depending on how large the attacking force is. We might be able to catch the attackers by surprise and hit them from behind and clear them out and save the resistance cell members.

Something that just occurred to me regarding Purr Purr ; since Bamboo's an Icon, and has providing aid and succor to the downtrodden as one of his responsibilities, him not going to aid the resistance would count as him breaking tradition (mark one condition, shift balance twice towards Freedom, and mark a point of growth). On the other hand, helping the resistance against the Fire Nation would give him chances to live up to his role (shift balance once towards Role instead of marking fatigue, and then clear fatigue equal to your Role rating).

jaydude jaydude Wait a second. I thought Bamboo was held either way to that Responsibility?

The Fire Nation (as I understand it; correct me if I'm wrong) turn the people they don't kill into slaves, etc. i.e. the downtrodden. That's what Bamboo thinks will happen here as well as in Fort Tangdao, just on a larger scale in the fort. That's what Bamboo is thinking having been reduced to being downtrodden himself by the Fire Nation himself in his only interaction with them - being their prisoner.

Either way, he's helping somebody against the onslaught of the Fire Nation and living up to his Role. Isn't he?

jaydude jaydude Wait a second. I thought Bamboo was held either way to that Responsibility?

The Fire Nation (as I understand it; correct me if I'm wrong) turn the people they don't kill into slaves, etc. i.e. the downtrodden. That's what Bamboo thinks will happen here as well as in Fort Tangdao, just on a larger scale in the fort. That's what Bamboo is thinking having been reduced to being downtrodden himself by the Fire Nation himself in his only interaction with them - being their prisoner.

Either way, he's helping somebody against the onslaught of the Fire Nation and living up to his Role. Isn't he?
Oh yeah, good point.

In that case, forget what I said. He'll just have to mark a condition to represent his choosing to focus on the greater good here, as with Han and the other PC's.

Definitely! We have to play with our Wandering Owl - she's a hoot!

=)

At a tug on her reins from Bamboo, Yún flies towards the fires.
Ack! While at our favorite bookstore yesterday, I learned that there is an "Avatar Yun?" Is that right?

Avatar The Last Airbender Reaction GIF

If that's true, I should probably rename Bamboo's flying fluff-monster! Thoughts anyone?

Plus, there aren't many "Appa" gifs, but that one is cute! =)

Ack! While at our favorite bookstore yesterday, I learned that there is an "Avatar Yun?" Is that right?

Avatar The Last Airbender Reaction GIF

If that's true, I should probably rename Bamboo's flying fluff-monster! Thoughts anyone?
He was actually mistaken for the Avatar, but yes, there is a canon character called Yun.

You can change the name if you like, but I don't mind it at all.

Plus, there aren't many "Appa" gifs, but that one is cute! =)
Appa's just cute in general, I feel.

You can change the name if you like, but I don't mind it at all.
I really think I ought to since there is an Avatar canon character with that name. As Sherwood and Psychie can tell you, I prefer original names.

Hmm...

Bamboo takes a moment to survey the surrounding terrain - where could they make best use of the battlefield? How could they use the terrain against the commander and the forces and to the benefit of Han's people? If Bamboo landed only to get surrounded, what good would that do anyone? Worse still, the Fire Nation would retrieve the scroll Han had returned to his person.

Bamboo's scholarly studies were beginning to take hold of him. All battle was gambling, all warfare deception - so Bamboo thought it best to turn the odds in one favor as much as reasonably possible before the first blow was struck.
This sounds like you want to do the Assess a Situation move. As per your earlier request, I'll handle your dice rolls off-site.

When you assess a situation, roll with Creativity. On a 7–9, ask one question. On a 10+, ask two. Take +1 ongoing when acting on the answers.
• What here can I use to __________?
• Who or what is the biggest threat?
• What should I be on the lookout for?
• What’s my best way out/in/through?
• Who or what is in the greatest danger?

...and I hate to say it, but with two D6's and no bonus from your Creativity stat, you only got a four here. Bamboo is unable to glean anything more of use from the battleground.

When you assess a situation, roll with Creativity. On a 7–9, ask one question. On a 10+, ask two. Take +1 ongoing when acting on the answers.
• What here can I use to __________?
• Who or what is the biggest threat?
• What should I be on the lookout for?
• What’s my best way out/in/through?
• Who or what is in the greatest danger?
I want to give this a try. My Creativity is a +1.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Oooh! I could name her Smoochie! =)

If that's a canon Character's name in Avatar, I'll fall right over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back