• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Wandering Owl Wandering Owl
That's really all up to you guys.
Folks and friends, I think how we answer this should have a profound effect on how our characters treat each other. If we've known each other for hours, that's one thing. But months? Quite another!

Given how much I don't know about your characters, my first thought is to say the shorter amount of time, the better. Like maybe we're exchanging first names now? (I don't have a solid image of, say, Li Bao; the word description helps, but is not followed like the pictures of the other characters). Except for Han, I don't know anyone's apparent ages (Bamboo is 15). Stuff like that.

What are all of you thinking?

It would have taken Liu some time before she would be willing to trust the truth of the situation, even after her initial refusal to obey orders. So it makes sense to me that she's been in the prison for months at the least.

Months works for me, too. It would give us all time to get to know one another a bit and develop some level of trust with each other. I certainly wouldn't want to plot a prison break with a bunch of strangers that might want to betray us to the guards for preferential treatment.

Uh, if that's the case, do you mind if I say my character has only been there for a few days? Here's why:

I've just finshed the Earth Book episode, "Tales if Ba Sing Se," where Aang and Appa have been separated. This is as far as Ive gotten.

I imagine my character has a similar loving relationship with his Sky Bison (the last living connection he has with his people). If my character was stuck in a Fire Nation prison for months, separated like that, I imagine my first post will be my character in the throes of a depression, etc.. I'd rather not start the game this way.

I don't mean to be the exception here, but given this alternative, does anyone mind my character being "the new guy" to your group?

This is, of course, if Wandering Owl agrees too. Haven't heard from her yet. =)

Last edited:
Unless you can think of another alternative? I'm open to ideas!

My post is ready (and Jaydude-approved! Yay!) pending on how Wandering Owl feels about the aforementioned changes.

This being Bamboo's very first post (and thus, first impression), I'd rather learn how Wandering Owl feels and adjust my post based on her feelings, instead of posting it now and having to retrace and repost later.

Wandering Owl? Do you want any help putting Li Bao together? Or are you O.K. there? =)

Since we appear to have a moment... I have something I'd like to share with everybody... about... JAYDUDE! =)

Wandering Owl Wandering Owl Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie jaydude jaydude

The following is All... Jaydude's... Fault.

Except for, of course, the parts each of you my fellow buddies and Players er, Jaydude's cohorts, yeah! The parts you played!

So... I supposed that means you're all responsible for this (and I think you're wonderful for it, so you keep being you!)!

That's right! Thanks to you, THIS is now hanging on our wall!

Thank you so much for introducing me to Avatar: The Last Airbender! I just love it! 8D

I also love this delightful picture and its meaningful message:

20220411_181924.jpg

I hope you're proud of yourselves!

No, really! I hope you're proud of yourselves because Kaerri and I think this is terrific! 8D

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

I am glad that you love the series. I consider it to be one of the best anime series I've seen. Great action, character development, and the artwork is phenomenal.

Hey Wandering Owl Wandering Owl , you still following this? I think Dannigan's still wanting to get your thoughts on his character being imprisoned a while after everyone else's.

Hey, I'm so sorry, I'm probably not going to be able to reply on this until the weekend, things are pretty tight right now. Feel free to write around that if you need to

Hey, I'm so sorry, I'm probably not going to be able to reply on this until the weekend, things are pretty tight right now. Feel free to write around that if you need to
It's cool. If you don't have any outright objections to what Dannigan's planning to post, that should all be fine.

Good to see you, Wandering Owl! =)

First post finally in! =)

RPing can be such a challenge; but it's almost always such a fun challenge! Including that first post. I hope this version of Bamboo (3.0!) fits in Avatar: Legends. =)

I edited my post few minutes after writing it. If you have just read it, please look at it again? I think I like this version better. =)

I edited my post few minutes after writing it. If you have just read it, please look at it again? I think I like this version better. =)
Just got back from a little walk. I never saw the old version of the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back