• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Auverand - Medieval Fantasy (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/2377/2377409-bigthumbnail.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
b13399aa77b46e25f36b6008be427ba8.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Linota Mercer[/div]
Linota watched as her travel companion built the fire, going to work with skillful fingers. The flame he had been aiming to make came with a question however, one that even she didn't quite know how to answer. With pursed lips, the the Mercer girl pulled fired locks behind her, letting them fall down her back as she came to a seated position beside Kilian. It was a fair question, there was nothing about it that she took offensively or out of the ordinary, but it's answer was one that made her feel foolish. "I never wanted to be a lady," Her voice was soft as velvet, the flames before her dancing in the ocean of her eyes. "Not in the traditional sense anyway. Ladies don't do anything. They sit in their keeps, sewing and drinking, taking care of their lords and their children. And that never appealed to me," A laugh accompanied the statement, along with a slight shiver of her body. Though the cold wasn't exactly bothersome, it did urge her to speak on. "My mother hated it growing up, by unwillingness to just go along with the duties of being a lady. I wanted to be out in the stables, or learning how to use a bow. I was always running out to find adventure, leaving at dawn and returning with a tired and sweaty steed in the night. Eventually she gave up trying to keep me in the confines of Millhold, though she never misses an opportunity to scold me."

Millhold would always be home to Linota, that much she was sure of, but meeting the sellsword next to her only seemed to further her heart in the direction it was pulling her. The girl sighed, shrugging her shoulders and letting her eyes flick to Kilian. His hair seemed to reflect the fire in front of them, his features sharp and pointed, almost as if they had been cut by the winds of the places he had been, the things he had seen. Something about him just shouted 'trouble', and it was more than enticing. "I just think there's so much more than Millhold, I know there is, obviously. And maybe one day I'll settle down, be a proper lady, by why on earth would I want to do that now? There's so much to see, so much to experience, and I can't think of a worse way to spend my youth than being trapped in a stone keep surrounded by the same people, doing the same tasks and pleasing the same masses." An exasperated breath heaved from the girl's chest as she finished speaking, the cold biting at her nose and cheeks, staining them a tulip pink. It was all true, her want for adventure, her need to be seen as something other than a lady. Her sister was the one that wanted the title, she could have it. Linota wanted to see the world, to witness great battles and conquer wild beasts. None of which would happen from her single-windowed towers in the safety of her home keep.

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: a small encampment in the Plains
[/div][/div]

[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=main][div class=imagecontainer][div class=mainimage]
U3BNLEx.jpg
[/div][/div][div class=charaname]
Sir Oban Vortinen

Outside of Newacre, Millhold

Interacted: Elkin ( shadowz1995 shadowz1995 ), Osha ( vinn vinn )
Mentioned: Imogen ( SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV )
[/div][div class=text]
Written with: shadowz1995 shadowz1995

The Old Man and his white-haired aide bid their time with a few sips from their bottles, of which were procured from the locals. As they wait for the crew to restock their equipments and supplies, the calm sea breeze and aged wine would serve their idle purposes. The two roamed the plains, exchanging words as they paced themselves down the dirt road.

"Sir, I've never asked before because it didn't interest me….but why is it that you’re still around doing what you do. Most…" Elkin almost said humans, "people at your age are more than eager to retire. In your case, I could see you sitting outside a small cabin in a valley like this near the ocean. Living your days until you finally died. But you want to continue on for the military? Why?"

“The price of power is consequential. My left eye was torn out in battle, all for the sake of an audience with Peace. Old habits die hard, Elkin. I am in the same faith as your contemplation upon retirements. Where the Sandwall Petitioner cast her gaze upon Bellguard, what’s left of my right eye would be to that of our sea. I am bound by my fealty and oath. Such is the price a Shipper must pay heed to.” Oban replied, with each of his words emphasized by his heavy steps.

He took to heart Elkin’s concern regarding his position, and perhaps the old man would reveal his own yearning to the bosun’s curious heart.

“There is only one secret to this wicked world that we dwell in. Dare, and the world yields. The politics of man is far from my worries. It is the loathsome wars that must be fought by daring men. The reason we’re here, is to spare ourselves from said troubles. I would not give my sailors for the world.”

Oban’s controversial words had reflected a certain gloom in his eyes. He despises the hard knocks of war, and was more concerned for the survival of the Shippers. While a peacekeeper at heart, Oban retains a sense of duty. While he did not say it aloud, his purpose was implied. The Iron Maiden had become a haven for those that shared the Old Man’s vision of a mindless getaway. A seafaring fortress that was, in her own rights, a home. While posing as adventurous ship, Oban’s course were that of a vagabond’s. The Iron Maiden was indeed his own political maneuver to escape, lest the drums of war announce the salted commander’s return.

“I’m sure you understand the evils of men, as much as I have. Besides, where else can an old sealander find an unruly, and earnest companionship better than on a ship?” the old man smiled.

Where two grown men were basking in the warm embrace of the sun’s embrace, all was tranquil and peaceful. That was, until a commotion of indistinct chatters and murmurs caught their attention. Before they knew it, the two were nearing Newacre. Yet, the town had a peculiar atmosphere to it. Along came the revelation of a fight, as passerbys lent words of the situation, as Oban witnessed a young girl, not even twenty-seasons old, being thrown down the streets. Eyeing Elkin briefly, before diverting his full attention at the troubled lass, the old man could not help but intervene. While their idleness thus far has been more than welcomed to stay, the sudden reprieve of controversial thoughts plagued Oban. It was not uncommon for violence to take place in all of Auverand. But the sealander had his concerns. After all, this mere happening could surely use a hand to absolve the issues - for the good of men.

“Compose yourself, my good man. What evils have this youth cast upon you that warrants her state?” Oban towered over the young girl, dissolving the drunken man of his temporal wrath.

Not to that of his younger boatswain though. The moment the man was distracted taking in Oban's size, Elkin circled around the old man's shoulders and history repeated itself. A destructive fist slammed down into the assailant's face, rendering him unconscious immediately, knocking teeth out, and practically planting him like a carrot into the pavement.

"Too much talk."

He growled out between his teeth as he reached down with one great hand and grabbed the drunken man's face. Elkin's one hand was able to engulf his face and half his head. The snow-haired sellsword's grip was like iron and he lifted the bastard off the ground by his face and squeezed with his fingers to make him start screaming out in pain.

"I've been taught not to hit girls. It's… ungentlemanly. Hitting children? That's something even a worthless savage like me knows not to do. Humans like you are better off vulture feed…" There was murder in those ice-like eyes and Elkin had never made an idle threat before.

“I suppose that’ll do.” Oban eyed Elkin throughout the whole ordeal. Instead of being annoyed at the latter's bold and brash fists, he was calm and quite glad his younger companion had taken the initiative. Such was the way of most, if not, all common Shippers. However, the Old Man could not bring himself to disregard Elkin's emphasis on the word human. Perhaps it was just his aging ears, Oban thought.

The old sailor did not feel the need to even bother with reasons. For most drunkard, a manhandling act will set them straight, or at least put them out of the whole debacle. Oban stood over the curious child in the dirt, studying her visage for a brief while, before raising his voice in a candid and calm manner.

“What is your name, my child?”

[div class=fyuricredit]code/design by @Fyuri[/div]
[class=fyuriwrapper] width:100%; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/mVYgbFB.jpg'); /*https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/damask-seamless-pattern-element-classical-luxury-old-fashioned-damask-ornament_4328331.htm*/ [/class] [class=main] max-width:900px; margin:auto;background: rgb(255, 255, 255); background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,1) 0%, rgba(255,255,255,1) 50%, rgba(255,255,255,0.7) 100%); background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,1) 0%,rgba(255,255,255,1) 50%,rgba(255,255,255,0.7) 100%); background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(255,255,255,1) 0%,rgba(255,255,255,1) 50%,rgba(255,255,255,0.7) 100%); [/class] [class=charaname] position:relative; z-index:10; font-family:'Bilbo', cursive; font-size:45px; text-align:center; color:#000; letter-spacing:2px; font-style: italic; bold; line-height:20px; [/class] [class=smheader] display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; width:100%; text-align:left; [/class] [class=smimg] display: flex; width:19px; height:50px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=smheadtxt] display: flex; flex:1; align-items: center; font-family:'Eagle Lake', cursive; font-size:25px; padding-left:5px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class name=imagecontainer] overflow:hidden; /*code inspired by @glucose guardian */ position:relative; z-index:5; width: 300px; height: 358px; background: #FFF url(https://i.imgur.com/dvaS4kN.png) no-repeat center center; /*https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/black-baroque-elements-vector-set_3853705.htm*/ background-size: 300px auto; margin:0 auto [/class] [class name=mainimage] display : flex; /*code inspired by @glucose guardian */ align-items : center; height: 100%; width: 100%; pointer-events: none; mix-blend-mode: screen; [/class] [class=text] padding:10px; box-sizing:border-box; color:#000; font-family:'Noto Sans', Verdana; font-size:14px; text-align:justify; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.5; font-size:10px; [/class] [/div][/div][/div]

Alvina Quorse

Alvina was currently sitting in a chair by her window, sipping a glass of wine nonchalantly. She was mentally exhausted. She had spent the day trying to win over the council, and while she had made some progress, it was not nearly enough. She was running out of time. Sooner or later her parents would either die or pass leadership onto her, and Alvina knew she needed to have influence before she took over the mantle rather than after.
Still, she was currently more respected by the council than her parents, so it was a start at least. She was determined to win over the loyalty of the council so she was more than just a figurehead.
Of course, it wasn't only matters of her own house that were concerning her. She kept up to date on what was happening in the other houses, and the most notable information she had received was the health of the current King. If the reports were correct, the King would soon be dead, and Crown Prince Lucal, would take his place. Alvina had her sources within the palace, and if they were to be believed, she doubted Lucal would make an understanding King. Still, she didn't like to make judgements without first meeting someone.
She had a desire to speak with someone about her concerns.
Alvina called to a servant before asking them to fetch Lady Astrid. As far as Council Members went Astrid was the member that Alvina agreed with the most often, and Alvina found her council to be sound.

Tags: sprouhtt sprouhtt
forgotten_melody_by_selenada.jpg
Code by ~ ~ B e a u t y _ B e l l e

[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=main][div class=imagecontainer][div class=mainimage]
HtDtLNN.jpg
[/div][/div][div class=charaname]
Ryste Bren

Outside of Newacre, Millhold
Interacted: Oban ( Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 )
Mentioned: Elkin ( shadowz1995 shadowz1995 ), Osha ( vinn vinn )
[/div][div class=text]
The ringing of the emergency bells echoed the lower decks of wooden hull as a muffled yet loud enough voice rang out, "Crew crew! Prepare for disembarkment! All hands on deck!" The stomp of multiple feet jumping out from their warm hammocks as a sense of urgency sprung out. A loud knock came upon the wooden door that was the entrance to a door labeled 'Captain's Quarters', as young lad around thirteen years of age crept the door open.

"Commander. We've sighted the coast and a vessel flying the anchor banner. It's the Iron Maiden!" one of the crew shouted, upon the sighting of Oban’s anchored ship in the distance.

"I'll get dressed and be on deck soon. Notify the first mate to get the crew ready..." Letting out an audible groan Ryste waved towards the boy from the comfort of his hammock with a sleepy response.

"Already done, sir! I'll report back to the first mate now." The young apprentice hastily responded before closing the door and running off with his footsteps echoing off the wooden floor boards. Lazily flopping out of his hammock, Ryste walked over to the washroom giving himself a quick splash onto his face as a clear sense of soberness came over him. Coming from Grimport he had sailed the seas for about a few days as news had emerged of an incoming political change from the capital. By the time these developments had reached Ironfort, the Iron Maiden had already made her voyage due East. Never one for politics, the Old Man had distanced himself from home with the sea as his getaway vacation, and with it, the troubles of getting to him.

Changing over into a fresh pair of trousers and a shirt he made way to the top deck. A multitude of scurrying sailors parted his way, as the sealander expedited his steps - like a rock parting the waves. His sharp eyes commanded the men nonverbally, a byproduct of his long established title of 'Sea Devil'. Much of his dogged aura had derived from his time with the Old Man, carrying on bits of the Oban’s legacy as a well-respected naval commander.

The Old Man had been one of his family’s most loyal subjects, no. Friend. For decades he had served the seas and had further the grasps the Shippers had upon the seas. It was no wonder Ryste’s father was so quick to send him urgently to make contact with the Old Man and prepare for the uneasiness that has begun to unfurl over the kingdom. As the ship weighed anchor, Ryste quickly disembarked with a handful of his boarding party in search for the Old Man amongst the streets of Newcare. Making his way past a few of the Iron Maiden’s crew that were busily tending to her supplies, Ryste inquired the whereabouts of their captain.

A few fingers pointed towards the hill beyond the horizon, prompting Ryste’s hasty departure, accompanied by his sealanders. Before long, the Sea Devil’s expedition had turned fruitful, as he eared the presence of an elderly sailor and his companion just outside of Newacre. His steps hastened, as passerby reaffirmed his course. Eventually, Ryste neared the outskirt, having witnessed the ordeal from a distance, as he encroached upon Oban and Elkin, of whom have taken the liberties of standing over an unconscious man, and a bloodied damsel.

"You damn ol' fisherman! How's that -polearm- doing? Good? That's greaaat! So here's what's going on some things seem to be about to tip the balance of things in the kingdom so father wants you back! And also hello there big guy and bloody miss!”

[div class=fyuricredit]code/design by @Fyuri[/div]
[class=fyuriwrapper] width:100%; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/3eb54bE.png'); /*https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/damask-seamless-pattern-element-classical-luxury-old-fashioned-damask-ornament_4328331.htm*/ [/class] [class=main] max-width:900px; margin:auto;background: rgb(255, 255, 255); background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,1) 0%, rgba(255,255,255,1) 50%, rgba(255,255,255,0.7) 100%); background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,1) 0%,rgba(255,255,255,1) 50%,rgba(255,255,255,0.7) 100%); background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(255,255,255,1) 0%,rgba(255,255,255,1) 50%,rgba(255,255,255,0.7) 100%); [/class] [class=charaname] position:relative; z-index:10; font-family:'Bilbo', cursive; font-size:45px; text-align:center; color:#000; letter-spacing:2px; font-style: italic; bold; line-height:20px; [/class] [class=smheader] display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; width:100%; text-align:left; [/class] [class=smimg] display: flex; width:19px; height:50px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=smheadtxt] display: flex; flex:1; align-items: center; font-family:'Eagle Lake', cursive; font-size:25px; padding-left:5px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class name=imagecontainer] overflow:hidden; /*code inspired by @glucose guardian */ position:relative; z-index:5; width: 300px; height: 358px; background: #FFF url(https://i.imgur.com/dvaS4kN.png) no-repeat center center; /*https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/black-baroque-elements-vector-set_3853705.htm*/ background-size: 300px auto; margin:0 auto [/class] [class name=mainimage] display : flex; /*code inspired by @glucose guardian */ align-items : center; height: 100%; width: 100%; pointer-events: none; mix-blend-mode: screen; [/class] [class=text] padding:10px; box-sizing:border-box; color:#000; font-family:'Noto Sans', Verdana; font-size:14px; text-align:justify; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.5; font-size:10px; [/class] [/div][/div][/div]

Varrick laughed heartily along with Siv. Ah, the Woman's attitude was something to Behold! Packing up the last of the maps, he lay the satchel inside of his tent, before Beckoning to a soldier who happened to be nearby: "OI! Beckon Captain Gordain, The Twins and Krugh. Tell them to armor up and meet me here. We're going into the town." And with that, he entered his own tent, and began donning his armor and weaponry. Truly, he was quite the sight: Though he had elected to don a chainmail rather than his usual full plate, for he wasn't really expecting a fight. He in a similar fashion elected to wear a medium heater shield on his back, instead of his usual massive kite shield. He finished by holstering his longsword and hunting knife onto his sides. As he was putting on his boots, his eyes came to a rest upon a small stand, on which lay his helmet: Handcrafted by a very fine dwarven smith, It was of excellent quality, and it also bore the Visage of an Ogre. Varrick wearing this was quite the sight to behold...but he figured he wouldn't need it. Not now, not yet, at least.... Mayhaps if the Voguals were to reject his offer, he'd go to the Mercers, and show them just how bad of a plan it was to deny him. Oh well. He hoped it wouldn't come to that....

Having fully geared up, he stepped out of his tent to meet up with the others. Much to his dismay, instead of being ready to go, Krugh was off to the side, and he appeared to be bullying a boy, no older than 15 that held a scroll. Annoyed, he approached them.

"Krugh, stop torturing the poor boy. You're on escort duty today, not "kill random messengers" duty. Get yer shit together!"

"But, Boss! Lil' Humie here says there's to be a bounty on a Wilde cat. Beast's been spotted near these Vog boys, and they ain't got an idea how to hunt it! C'mon, boss! I'm sick of sitting around! Let me do something! Ye can keep the bounty!"

Varrick considered this for a moment. Some extra gold and renown sounded really nice... And there was no guarantee Krugh wouldn't just pick a fight for the fun of it. No, giving him something to do would be a better idea. Having settled on this new course of action, he turned to Siv: "Aight, change of plans: You're one of the best hunters I got. Would be a damn shame if I denied you a chance to get some glory, too. Go on with Krugh. Just... Don't compete too much, eh? You know how he is under stress.... I'll go see this Vogual Princess for recruitment anyway, I ain't expecting a fight... At least, not one I can't win!" And with that, he mounted Destrian, who was a few tents distance away, rejoined with his few acting bodyguards, and rode into Belguard.

They'd been riding for quite the while now. The Sun was high in the sky by the time they had reached Belguard, and it had started to drop when they finally made it to the main Keep. Along the way, his small party had attracted quite a few worried glances from the peasants. Some recognised the sigil of his company and were quick to run home and lock their doors, their overstated reactions offering him no shortage of enjoyment, for he enjoyed feeling powerful. And what greater power than the one to make men cower and flee at your sight?

Fate was kind and they arrived without incident at the Keep. He stopped at the entrance gate, dismounted, and beckoned for his companions to stay back: He'd have to do this alone.

As he approached the two guards(Levies, by the looks of it: Disgraceful armor and weaponry), they crossed their spears at the threshold. Despite them outnumbering him, it was clear they recognised his sigil and would be less than enthusiastic to fight him.

"Ehhh... State your Business, Ser! What do you seek at... At the Keep of Belguard?"
The young man was almost shaking at the sight of the much larger Mercenary.

"I demand an Audience with the King! I have matters to discuss with him, matters that are sure to interest him very much, and I also have an offer to make"

The guard gulped, but he didn't budge: "Errr... You see, the King is currently indisposed. It is his daughter, the Princess that is Overseeing matters of state today.. and, uhh... I don't think she's expecting... you?"

Varrick leaned in closer to the man, his entire stance starting to become aggressive: "You know, there is a War coming. There is a war coming and all of us must pick a side. I am a sellsword, yes. A Princess would normally have no business with me, but this... Is urgent. Because If I leave here empty-handed, I will be VERY displeased. And maybe, just maybe, I will go to discuss with some other house, that will actually listen."

He leaned in even closer, his bulk towering over the guard. His partner stood next to him, petrified. "And then....We will not be friends, as I am so generously offering. We will be enemies. You know what they call me, do you not? What exactly do you think happens to my enemies....?"

The guard had turned pale: "P..Please, there's no need for that! I'll... I'll go ask her if she wants to...If she wants to grant you an audience...Please, Sir, do not... I'm going!"

Varrick took a step back and watched with joy as the guard turned tail and ran as fast as he could. Oh, how he enjoyed being the Big fish! Of course, a royal would not be as easy to bully.... But he was confident in his ability to present his case.

Interactions: Siv ( ShadowBroker ShadowBroker )

Mentions: Vogaul Princesses (either will do) ( MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 Inkstone Inkstone )

Last edited:
Rosaria was minding her own business back in the courtyard, until she saw a guard run to her quite in a haste. What could possibly of happened? She stood up having the grace of a princess and looked to the guard. “What is the matter?”

The guard responds. “Someone wishes to seek your presence your majesty.” He said lowering his head in respect kneeling.

She sighs thinking. “Very well i am not busy. Lead me there.” She said in a blunt manner with no hesitation or fear of who it is.

The guard stands up escorting her. She follows attempting to be graceful having much prestige. She approached looking to see the visitor blocked at the entrance.

“I hope your wait was worth while. Why do you need to speak to me?” She said trying to act distant, especially since she didn’t trust outsiders and being fearful of this war knowing she couldn’t do much about it alone.

Athanas Athanas (mentions)

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] background-color:#000000; Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:15px; background-color:#ffffff; Color:Black; //BGColor will what determinates what type color will it have. Padding will be the void between the Border and the actual text.// //The solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border. All your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; // The Object will be at the right side of the screen - Floating as an image // margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#143d40; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); // Calculus to avoid objects to collide / lose itself at the bottom of another // //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #ffffff; border-bottom:10px SOLID #ffffff; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #ffffff; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 579927 [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Siv Haralddöthier of The Company of Farlon's Marauders [/div]

When she got dismissed from the war council, she moved back to her tent where she once laid what little possessions she had. She knelt down briefly and dropped gently her spear to her side, taking her sword from it sheath and rested its end at the ground as if she began to pray, but she was trying to speak with her ancestors... her departed father. She breathed heavily, allowing her armor to become even heavier, her body to rest within the solace of her singular weapon handled by both of her hands. "Father-" -she spoke harshly, lowering her voice tone to a whisper, a silent promise began to be made "Speak in my behalf to the Old Gods as you cheer my name. Tell them I am not ready, that I am not yet worthy. Tell them I humble myself before them, that my spear has earned no right to be praised. Tell them I will honor my vows, for as long as I must. Feast, laugh, and take care of mother."

Once the time arrived and she was more than ready to their incoming arrival to Belguard, circumstances seemed to change every now and then. As the first winds began to caress her hair like a goddess within the world of men, giving her vitality beyond mortal-prowess, though she thought it was the hand of the Old Gods that stood by her side rather than her own physical capability. She eyed a boy, a little boy with a message to whomever would be interested of a bounty. He could be just a spy, scouting for our position. Little did it matter to that point as they were going to visit *them* soon enough.

Though the true nature, even if still not completely clarified, shed light to a new journey - one that Varrick entrusted her and his companion to do so. A big cat needed to be taken care of. She rested a hand to her belt and another to her spear. She bowed her head slowly and spoke, "I will make of its carcass a fur to protect me of winter" She smirked and eyed back to the Orc and looked back at the boy once more. She walked towards him and lowered her sight to meet his gaze. She brought her weapon to the boy's cheek, resting harmlessly by the face of the spear, allowing only for the boy to feel the cold steal without being injured at all. She looked straight into his soul with her blue like-ice eyes piercing through. "So~..." She began to speak back to the little thing, "-How big is this little kitten?"

Their journey began with different directions, but the same goal. Renown, glory... and gold. [div class="Line"][/div] Mentions: Athanas Athanas
Interactions: Athanas Athanas txlos txlos
Location: Near Belguard, in the War camp -> Bounty Location (World Event)
[div class="Line"][/div] [/div] [/div]

Last edited:
Eavan Mercer

The lady was flattered at his apopogies, but it bothered her very little that he didn't remember her name. With such a popular and rather public sister, it made sense. Some of the townspeople even forgot she existed.

"That it quite alright, Mister Cobalt..."

After a short pause to get all her ducks in a row, she stepped closer, leaning in just a rad with her arms folded modestly at her middle, and a careful glance around.

"I snuck out earlier, as you know. I just need to get back in undetected. But you see, our servants will be bustling about the corridors preparing for the evening meal. I would be found out if I have not been already. If you can carry me to the front guards and pretend that I was hurt-- let'd say I twisted my ankle-- they won't suspect anything. And don't worry," Eavan winked, "I'll tell them I sent you do to something else so you aren't faulted for not preventing the 'accident.'"

Awaiting a reaction she raised her brows in hopeful inquiry and leaned back, still casting a glance over her shoulder now and then. The plan was near perfect at least to the young lady, until she realized that her ankle would need a little scuffing up. Giving a small nod to Aire she scurried off a moment, removed her shoe, and clumsily rubbed her foot into the dirt-lined stable floor. Once the area looked as she wanted it, she replaced her shoes and headed back towards her companion-- the 'injury' just a reddened and dirty mark on her right ankle.

"Alright, do you think we can do this?"

Interacting: Aire ( Kirby3178 Kirby3178 )

Aire of House Mercer
Aire listened to Lady Eavan's plan, he stood thinking as she removed her shoe and dirtied up her ankle. 'Am I really doing this?' he thought to himself, he repositioned his sword on his belt so it would poke her and once he finished he knelt down and held out his arms. Something about this made Aire uneasy, he looked over his shoulders hoping that no one would walk in and get the wrong idea if that would happen, Lord Mercer would surely--, he again put the thought out of his mind and focused.
"I do believe that this will be successful my lady, I think that I've been in Castle Mercer enough for the guards to recognize me, I'll just leave the talking to you"
A small smile crept onto Aire's face, he felt like a child about to do something reckless. Both anxiousness and excitement flooded over him, these feelings reminded him of how he felt doing his first mercenary job, that was some time ago.​

[Interacting: Eavan Mercer ( c h a n a c h a n a )] [Location: The stables of Castle Mercer]

sabertooth-drawing-2.gif

World Event #1: This One is Too Big

A Wildecat (a cougar whose size is triple the norm) is lurking in the plains outside of Bellguard. Having traveled far from it's home in the Wilde Woods, the creature is aggravated and hungry. Any spot of human life will trigger it's instinct to kill. With claws the size of khopeshes and teeth that could break bone by the slightest of contact, it is no surprise that it will take more than one brave warrior to take down this magnificent animal. And all seem to be gunning for it's said. Brave soldiers Sir Marick, Siv, Krugh the Ogre, Elkin and Diana have chosen to step forth and rid the populated plains of this foul beast.
It would be best to kill this one from a bit of range, however you very well could try your luck in melee combat. Think you have what it takes to defeat a Wilde Beast?

(results of this world event will be posted in the 'world-event' Discord channel within 10-15 minutes.
Stay tuned players, and may the God's be with you)

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker mon mon Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman shadowz1995 shadowz1995

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Desktop base" style="color:black;"]
[div class="Current ImagButton" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Currently
[div class="Image ImagButton hidden" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Image[/div]

[div class="Img Head"]580172[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Brutes, Linota txlos txlos
Mentioned: txlos txlos
Located: Campsite, plains of Millhold

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

Flickering flames reflected in Kilians eyes as he watched the fire sway this way and that. As he listened to his new company's rationale he kept his eyes focused on the flames, letting their heat repel the nipping cold. To him it sounded as though her hair wasn't the only thing to share the qualities of what laid before him. She had a passion in her heart and behind her words that was undeniably pure. He looked slowly to her, interest written across his face. Amber hair cascaded down her pale face, framing large blue eyes that seemed to examine him with the same curiosity he did her. Her features were delicate, as if sculpted by clay ever so subtly, her cheeks ever so rosy with the chill of winter's first wind. Kilian smiled gently "Aye. There's more than Millhold. I do hope you get to see it all." he said, tone low, his gaze settling on hers for a moment as the fire threw it's light gracefully on her

Kilian took in a deep breath of chilled air, turning his face back towards the fire letting it's heat sooth his cold skin. Though as he looked at the burning wood he heard the familiar sound of grass being crushed beneath heavy feet. In instinct his hand reached for his blade though a booming voice interrupted any further action. "Well what 'ave we 'ere " a loud accented voice echoed from a several meters away. Reacting in turn Kilian leapt to his feet, pulling Linota up with him. He surveyed the men in front of him, pushing his companion behind him. The three men were instantly recognizable, the particularly talkative one especially. The band of misfits were those same brutes from the bar Kilian had run off, though he doubted he could do it a second time. Not that he lacked the confidence in himself to best these men, but rather lacked the confidence in their intelligence having faced him again. Killian pulled his short blade from his hip and held it firmly, though keeping his arm and body loose, yet grounded. He reached behind him and grasped the hand of the mercer girl, a reassurance than this encounter would most certainly go his way. "My old friends!" Kilian joked, "this must be fate" he said with a confident grin as the group of assailants laughed. The front man was of average height, though oddly burly wielding a poorly smithed ax in each hand. The two behind him we both a bit shorter, though one was leaner than the other. The slimmer of the two had a basic sword and shield, while the other only a broadsword. "Ai' must be fate" the leading man said with a toothy, sadistic grin. The blood-lust was palpable, their killing intent painfully noticeable. Kilian let loose Linota's hand and took a few steps forward, shortening the distance between himself and the others by a few feet. "Have you come to propose by chance?" he said, twirling his blade as he sauntered forward. With a growl the leader, men in tow, approached to meet Kilian "I've 'ad just about enough of your mouth!" he shouted. It appeared Kilian had hit the right nerve, though he had hoped to have a bit more fun.

The burly leader lunged forward, axes overhead towards Kilian, an easily sidestepped attack for the sellsword. Though in turn the slimmer of the two others went in for a thrust which was met with a parry. Kilian was pleased, these men were attacking in unison and weren't completely untrained, perhaps this little disagreement would pose intimidating. This hypothesis was instantly diffused as the third man heftily swung his broadsword. "oh please" said the ginger, easily dodging the swing, countering with a sword hilt to the man's temple which sent him rag-dolling to the dirt. In succession the wiry fellow attacked with a flurry for short swings, though a predictable pattern. Steel met steel and Kilian stepped in close, ripping his sword through the man's chest, using the momentum to leave him sword first facing the final attacker. The thickset enemy breathed heavily, his eyes wide with a mixture of anger and fear. A few red strands of hair fell onto Kilians face "I'm moved, but I must say no, you see I-" a plethora of ax swings interupted his insult, dodges and parries answering them all. As a final swing was aimed for his head Kilian weaved and left a small cut on the man's exposed wrist. "I'm afraid you'll have to move a bit faster than that.." the words taunted the brigand with heavy breaths. Another attack, answered by another small cut. Then again, and again, and again. The man let out a scream of anger, brandishing his beaten axes in the air as he prepared for another approach "YOU BASTARD" he yelled, the words echoing in Kilian's ears. Within a moment his smile faded, and playtime was up. The flickering light of the wild fire illuminated a now poignant expression, Kilian's brows set with unmovable conviction. Cold air brushed across Kilian's face, chilling the few speckles of blood that rested on it from the previous slash. Voices yelled in his mind, merchants angry over stolen bread, patrons exasperated by a child's presence. Every moment came flooding forward, the result of which was a blood-lust stronger than any brute could muster over petty embarrassment.

In a swift motion the apricot headed swordsman sprinted forward, fell to his knee and undercutting the coming ax plunged the sword into his enemy's belly. Blood spilled out, onto his hand and and spurts into his face. The two fighters stayed in perfect cohesion for a moment, as if frozen in stone in the winter air. Slowly the heavy man coughed up red and fell to the dirt to join his companions. Kilian kneeled there for a moment, the thrill of battle tainted by the trauma of upbringing. He stared in to the blood soaked dirt, his teeth clenched together as his mother's face floated around in his mind. The fire crackled, the wind howled through the stained clearing. Kilian leaned on his sword, pushing himself to his feet, turning to face the lady of Millhold. "My apologies... m'lady"

[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith[/div]

Last edited:
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/2377/2377409-bigthumbnail.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
The way Kilian's brilliant eyes seemed to ignite the fire brighter absolutely mystified Linota, though it wasn't adoration that could be held onto for long given the sudden interruption. Slithering out of the thicket like Westnori cobras, the band of brigands that had so kindly made an appearance back at the Black Dog. They looked almost as horrific as they sounded, their faces stained with soot and grime from journeys that the Mercer girl cared not to hear of. All to quickly, she was brought to her feet, petite figure shoved behind Kilian's taller, more muscular one. Flame colored eyebrows knit together as concern began to fill her, one hand moving to rest on her company's lower back as the other was grasped within the ginger boy's calloused palm, slight pressure being applied as if to tell her that this was nothing to fret over. Then again, how could she not.

Before Linota could utter a word a dance of witty words and flying swords broke out, and along with it, an audible catch in her breath. Cerulean eyes flicked nervously between her fellow redhead and the three men who dared challenge him. Though, as it stood, it didn't seem as though her friend had the odds stacked in his favor. He moved swiftly, light on his feet as though walking on the passing winds, his blade floating his way and that, the sounds of heavy forged metals echoing throughout the forest. Linota could feel her heart racing in her chest, her eyes wide and fingers lacing together. She felt helpless, more than anything. Until the first blade slit through human life.

The body fell with a hard thud to the ground, dust flying up as if to signify it's eternal state of rest, framing the corpse in flecks of earth that reflected in the flames of the fire. Linota had been lucky enough to never see the loss of human life this close before, in front of her face as a witness. No, the only time she had witnessed death was from league away, from the window of a tower and down below, a traitor would be publicly beheaded by Lord Mercer himself. Her gaze remained fixated on the body for a long while, the shouts and remarks of the remainder of fighting men blurred and muddled by the thoughts running through a blank mind. Until another fell. And then the last. It took but three blinks and a deep breath, but eventually, the Mercer girl looked up to Kilian, his face stained crimson and his sword covered in a thick, black coat. The sellsword's body swayed as it leaned on the hilt of his sword for support, his eyes shining against the life that smeared across his cheeks. His words didn't even register, and in silence, Linota scurried to her saddle bag. Quickly, the girl pulled out a canteen of water, slinging it's worn strap over her shoulder and jogging to Kilian's side.

"You aren't hurt?" Her words were smooth as butter as she leaned over, tearing the bottom of her dress in one foul pull. Easily, she continued to tear a corner of the fabric off, folded it, opened the jug of water and doused the brown fabric thoroughly. With great care, Linota ran the damp linen along Kilian's face, sweeping away the blood that stained tanned skin and the dirt of a battle well fought. It was odd, seeing the man like this. She had known him for but a few hours, and yet, seeing him exhausted and worn still pulled at something in the Mercer girl's stomach. "And don't apologize for anything... I can't even begin to think what they would've done to me had you not been here," The thought of the possibility came and went in a flash, running across the ocean of the girl's eyes, though she quickly refocused. For now, all she wanted to focus on was getting her sellsword protector's face clear of the burgundy liquid that stained it. Perhaps after she could deal with the sight of the three corpses behind her. [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: a small encampment in the Plains
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Img Head"]580210[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Brutes, Linota txlos txlos

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

The word still rang in his mind... bastard. Aye, a bastard he was, and one better than the three poor fellow slain behind him. However his rage began to fade as the slight girl hastily came to his side, rushing to clean wounds that hadn't made an appearance. Her words were a comfort, an ease on the ears after the previous exchange of insults and steel. Kilian's usual smug grin began to return to his face as the damp cloth touched his cheek with a touch as soft as silk. Linota's face was contorted with a mixture of concern and horror, and as she wiped maroon from his skin her eyes trembled, the occasional glance towards the dead. He hadn't considered if she had seen death, if she had witnessed it on her bay in her high tower. "I'm fine, truly" he said, his tone now amiable, his hand reach up to hers, wrapping around her petite wrist. He pulled her hand away, holding her wrist for a moment as hazel eyes attempted to assure her. After a brief instant her released her wrist. "Save the water, we ride tomorrow" He replacing the tethered cap of the canteen and pushing it towards the redhead.

Exhaustion seeped past the mercenary's stone exterior, the fight was more tiring than he had considered, especially after a long ride. Though any turmoil he may be facing was nothing compared to that which he knew Linota found in front of her. Three men, gone, never to return. Blood stained grass only lengths away from where they were to sleep. No doubt a troubling sight, he knew he had to get rid of the bodies as soon as possible. He wiped his bloodied hand on the cloth of his tunic, lifting the hem to his face to remove the sight of anymore crimson liquid from his skin. As Kilian dropped his shirt to it original position and his eyes again met with the ocean eyes of the innocent woman before him, he reached out and pressed his rough palm against her differing cheek. For all her strength and resolve, he knew what she had witness had shaken her, and while he was not the particularly gentle kind he wished to assure her in some way. "I'm sorry your sights of what lies beyond Millhold had to be this." he said affectionately, pulling his hand away and replacing it on her arm, pulling her back to the fire sitting down with her by the dancing flames as he had at first sign of the moon. Kilian sat in silence for a moment, he lacked the words to describe to her what had happened, or at least lacked the right ones. "Life doesn't discriminate between the sinners or the saints." he said, brushing strands of red hair from his face "i'm afraid it simply takes, the gods are not respecters of persons, and if you truly wish to leave Millhold... you'll come to know this all to well" The words had an edge to them. a cutting truth from a man who had seen much in his young life, and who had resigned himself to the reality that he would see much more in years to come.​

Every brush of the mercenary's skin against hers sent electricity spiraling down the lengths of the Mercer girl's veins, her arms ridden with goosebumps and her heart beating just a little harder. While there had been plenty of suitors brought to the gates of Millhold from the time she had turned sixteen, none of them ever made her even bat an eye. Men from as far as Faymoor, from Ebonmere and Salt Home, all riding and sailing to the Mercer's keep in search of the fire-haired maiden who was to one day rule, second in line behind an older sister, all wanting a seat in one of the five royal houses. These men had trained with the best of the best, were skilled riders and proper gentlemen, and yet, they hadn't interested the young girl one bit. Now twenty-two years of age, many a summer come and gone, it confused Linota as to why this nameless, houseless sellsword's worked and ridden hands were enough to render her speechless.

Blinking twice, she pushed the thought aside for now, allowing Kilian to lead her back to the log which they had sat upon before. The canteen of water shrugged off of her shoulder to rest by her feet as she made herself comfortable, and once again, the apricot-lad's hand found it's way to her face. Linota's breath hitched slightly, her cheeks growing warm as she listened diligently to the man's words. It was obvious that yes, her wanted life of recklessness and spontaneity would no doubt lead her to more lifelessness, but something abut hearing it come from her new companion made it a slightly easier blow to take. Something about his words though sliced the air between them in swift cuts and enunciations, almost as if they hurt to say. Blue eyes filed up to Kilian's as he shut his mouth in rest, the Mercer's girls head tilting to the side in slight confusion. She hadn't a clue what it must have been like, growing up to become a sellsword, your name having no ties to politics or the higher-class of Auverand. Not that is was a title she asked for, though it wasn't one that she was going to so easily dismiss. Linota was well aware that her life had been much easier due to the spelling of her last name, and nodded knowingly at his words. "Hopefully I'll have a skilled mercenary by my side as I come to know life beyond the keep."

It wasn't subtle by any means, the flash that struck lightening into the sea of blue of the man's gaze, and the petite girl felt her stomach twist at it. "I can't pretend to imagine the things you've seen, or been through," Her voice was nothing more than a hushed whisper, ice eyes falling to her fingers as they reached for the missing piece of fabric in her dress. It almost made her smile, the adventure she could now tie to the riding gown, though it was replaced by original thoughts. "More so, I can't thank you enough for your protection of some helpless highborn who decided to joyride through the plains," Sarcasm accompanied a slight chuckle before carrying on. "And I'll be sure you are paid more than enough for your trouble."

The last bit was stained with slight poison, her words not harsh to Kilian, but rather to herself. Linota wasn't oblivious, she knew all too well that any sellsword would've jumped at the chance to escort a highborn back to their keep, but it almost stabbed her side that it had to be the fire-haired lad before her. It made her shoulders heavy, her throat a little tight, just to think that the next noon when they were to arrive in Millhold could be the last she saw of Kilian. He made her feel safe, and somewhat rebellious, and it wasn't a feeling that the Mercer girl was ready to let go of after only a day and a half. With pursed lips, Linota continued on the thought, gaze drifting to rest on the fire.

It's warmth had been enough to make the raised hairs on her arms settle, her pale complexion stained pink from it's heat. A hand mindlessly found it's way into the highborn's hair as she began to comb her fingers through, the cool wind contrasting the steady heat before her. And now, being awake from the minor traumas she had witnessed, Linota only hoped that Kilian would entertain her until her eyelids began to fall heavy. But first, there was a matter of the corpses strewn about their camp. "I may even double your wage if you could get those far, far away from us for the night." The smile that paired with the statement was sheepish, and above all, the ginger-haired girl did her absolute best to avoid looking at the three dead men who dared cross Kilian Sloan. [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: a small encampment in the Plains
[/div][/div]

[div class="Img Head"]580225[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Brutes, Linota txlos txlos

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

For a brief moment, with the heat of the crackling fire battling winter for the warmth of it's red-haired company, the adrenaline pumping through his veins as crimson stains riddled his blade, all next to this paradoxical highborn ginger... the sellsword had forgotten this was a job. Protection, safe transport, for promise of coin upon completion. By no obligation did he have to reassure the woman by touch or speech, though strangely he was still forced to by virtue of what may be called a heart, a fools trinket. Though as he listened to her speak, her soft tones carried by chilled winds to his ears, he thought it not the worst to be a fool for a night. Indeed this little lady could not fathom the gore he had seen, the irony being that there are others with experience he too could not fathom. Though, in an effort to spare her one such experience, he rose from the log they both had sat on and honored Linota's request "I think I can manage that." he said with a gentle smile, a contrasting expression with what he was about to do.

It was by no means a glamorous happening, moving the dead, but it seemed to be a happening that just... kept happening. He dragged the bodies a good log walk from the camp into the woods, perhaps someone would find them, perhaps they wouldn't. If he was a betting man, and he was, he'd bet on wouldn't. As he waltzed back in to the camp he found the fireheaded mercer dozing off by the fire, a sight that made him laugh softly. He made his way to his saddlepack, removing a thin blanket, practically cloth, from inside. Kilian sat by the highborn again and wrapped the thin cloth around her. "sleep here by the fire, it'll last till sunrise, then we'll leave" his words carried no commanding tone, though a finality about them. The nameless man made his way to the opposite side of the fire and laid facing Linota, a strangely affectionate smile on his face before he made his journey into his dreams.​

The night sky came and went without anymore rabble coming from the woods with an attempt to frighten the two fire-haired individuals, their bodies resting heavy into the ground through dusk and into the dawn. Throughout the night, Linota found herself waking at random times, scooting her body closer to the fire, checking on her companion, then drifting back to sleep once more. While it wasn't exactly the comfort of her chambers back in Millhold, there was something rather comfortable about sleeping under a vast portrait of stars, her bedroll slightly cushioning her back as she sank into the earth beneath her. It was never something she could express around her mother, the Gods only knew that she would do her best to destroy the bedroll and use it as excuse to get Linota back into her proper lessons, but for now, it was nice.

Morning broke within a blink of an eye as the Mercer girl sat up in her makeshift bed, stretching her arms out before allowing them to fall heavy at her side. She lazily looked around, examining what was left of camp and what they would be leaving behind. The fire had been reduced to soot and smoke wafting from it's still-warm embers, the blood stained grass was covered in an eery red dew, and the horses seemed to be just fine grazing on their own patch of clean, unbloodied forage. Linota's ocean gaze flicked to Kilian next, who was still sound asleep. He must've been exhausted, there was no doubt about it, and she quickly made the decision to let him sleep a little longer.

Going to work quickly and efficiently, Linota was sure to throw some semi-damp dirt onto the fire to snuff out any loose embers that may be lurking before standing from her bedroll. Nimble fingers twisted the roll up tight before she effortlessly folded the linen that the tawny-haired lad had loaned to her the night before. Snatching the water canteen from it's place against the log, the petite girl made her way over to the horses with the armful of her belongs and dumped them out near the saddles. It was easy to gear up both horses, and so she did just that, making sure to give a little extra attention to Argo. The buckskin stallion truly was gorgeous, and a fine mount for Kilian, but that didn't mean that Linota wasn't going to do her best to befriend the beast. Standing between the two stallions, she was sure to check girths and tighten bridles before pecking a kiss to both horses' muzzles, stuffing the remainder of belongings into their respective saddle bags.

"Kilian?" Her soft voice cooed, the reins of both horses firmly in one hand while the other buttoned the neck-fastener of her emerald riding cloak, shuddering at the warm it gave on the brisk morning. Winter was definitely on the horizon, which meant that Millhold was going to be even chiller. The sooner they got into town, the better. "Kilian, we should get going," With the tip of her boot, the Mercer girl tapped Kilian's thigh, a small smile on her lips. He was dead to the world, slumped like a fallen log, and in all honesty, it was almost endearing. She continued tapping every now and again before movement occurred in the boy, Linota giving him a wide grin and gesturing towards Argo's reins in her hand. "Ready to set off to Millhold?"

Entering Millhold

The two ginger-haired traveling companions made time just as Linota predicted, arriving at the gates of Millhold during sun's highest point, though it was hidden by the grey overcast. Heavy wooden doors pushed open as the girl who bared the emerald clock approached, many bowing their heads in her passing. She insisted on staying side-by-side with Kilian though, hoping her father's people would extend the same respect. A grin couldn't help but spread across her face as she looked towards the keep stables, her horses being groomed and exercised out in the elements just as she had asked them to be, the Mercer men riding flawlessly, as though it was easy and natural as walking. The cavalry was the only part of being a highborn that Linota had ever truly indulged in, and it genuinely made her happy and light. "Follow me," The blue-eyed girl cooed to Kilian as they wove their way through the streets. People seemed to move out of the way as Linota rode through, and extended that same consideration to the nameless bastard. It wasn't unknown that the people of Millhold were some of the friendliest, but they were also extraordinarily respectful to those of the Mercer name. Perhaps they had mistake the red hair of the mercenary to be one of them as well.

Within no more than a few minutes, the two arrived at the Mercer stables, Linota hopping down from Maud and handing his reins to a stable boy, who seemed to have been patiently awaiting Linota's arrival. "Groomed, clipped, fed and watered. In a stall please, he'll need to rest his legs," The words weren't demands, more like pointed asks with a sweet tone. The hired hand seemed to buy it was well, giving the highborn girl a sweet smile before continuing on his way with Maud in hand. Once her horse was out of sight, she glanced back to Kilian, nodding towards the other empty-handed stable boy who had been accompanying the one who was now taking care of her blood bay stallion. "They won't steal your pretty pony, I assure you. Dismount and we can talk payment." [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: a small encampment in the Plains
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
Eavan Mercer
Eavan was a bit entertained, she had to admit. She too felt like a child getting up to no good, though she already had that day. The memory of her sister's words of rough love-- harsh but true flickered through her brain as she swung her leg up, wrapped her arm around Aire's shoulders, and let herself be lifted by the man. A shuddering cringe rippled through her spine at the intrusive thoughts again. She hated the feeling of embarrassment, especially in front of what had looked like another highborn man. What was his name? Palm? Payne?

A smirk crept onto her lips, and she took a second to properly maneuver her hurt limb at an odd angle. "Alright, I'll start acting once we come into view of the guards."

By this point it was already dark, and her sister was nowhere to be found. She must be off doing whatever her heart desired. Well fine, if she could have her fun, so could Evie. Even if it was just making a game out of an adventure gone south. Pretty soon they were in view of the guards, and it was then that she started wailing. Her cries sounded obnoxious and dramatic, and interrupted by "Oh the pain!" and "It must be broken!" She hoped Aire would keep up with the scene long enough not to break out in hysteric laughter, or better yet, herself!

Interacting: Aire ( Kirby3178 Kirby3178 )
Located: Mercer Castle

"I am Astrid, House of Quorse."
17ceb08d8c28258396d7c0d21a3854e2.jpgLocation: House of Quorse in Alvina's chamber
Activity: Running her hand through her messy wavy hair
Interactions: Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver (Alvina)
Mention: N/A

As soon as Eliza had gone out of the room, Astrid went over to her chair and sat back down again at her desk. She was awfully tired and didn't want to go back to sleep again so she kept herself busy or more kept herself awake so that she can seal the letters off and place them in her draw. Astrid didn't want to send the invitations off just yet, she wanted to make sure that everything was in place and the council gave the okay to host a banquet. Even Astrid was a little off about the whole thing, deep down she didn't want to invite strangers into Westnor, but she knew that it was also not good to keep Westnor from the outside and the outside from Westnor. But people can be so cruel, hurtful and greedy that she is not one hundred percent sure of where this might go. Will the other houses try to plan a sneak attack, demand mages, or something even worse. She had to remember that by opening the doors of Quorse, she is exposing every mage to the outside world, but mages also do not want to feel caged. The world is a dangerous place, and for mages, it is even more dangerous. People who wish harm upon others lurk in the shadows and they can even be the ones who Astrid thought she could trust.

Astrid heard another knock at the door and she stood up slowly before answering. "Come in." She said, and Eliza's head was poking out the door when it opened.

"Lady Astrid would like to see you."

Astrid moved away from her desk, "She would like to see me? What could she possibly need?"

"I am not sure, but she requested your presence," Eliza said.

With that Astrid gave a soft smile to Eliza and began to walk out the room, but before she left, Eliza said one last thing, "Be mindful that when you come back your bath will be cold, let me know and I will warm it up for you again."

Astrid nodded and left the room, she made her way down the hallway and a pair of spiraling stairs. On her way up she began to wonder what Alvina could want with her, not that she didn't want to see her face, Alvina was always kind to her. She even thought her a few things when Astrid had first arrived here to Quorse. Astrid was greeted with a pair of dark brown doors, she knocked twice before entering the room and closing it behind her. "Alvina, you requested me?" Astrid questioned as she removed a silver headband from her messy hair and ran her hand through her silver-grey hair. "What could you possibly want with me?" Astrid exaggerated with sarcasm as she let out a soft chuckle. Her and Alvina had a good relationship and quite frankly, Alvina was like a sister that she never had, before she knew of Amara's existence. She was grateful for Alvina, they shared many late night talks over deserts when everyone in the house had fallen asleep.

Attachments

• 3095c9da9941791c30a189588af8d8b4 (1).jpg
    3095c9da9941791c30a189588af8d8b4 (1).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
Alvina Quorse

Alvina turned her attention to the door when she heard the knocks, watching as her dear friend let herself in. She was glad to see her, Astrid having been her only real friend growing up. Their friendship was like what Alvina imagined having a sister would be like. She was eternally grateful for her friendship.
"As if you aren't pleased to see me." Alvina responded while rolling her eyes. Still, she kept an affectionate smile on her face. "Please, sit. I am concerned about something."
Alvina waited a moment before continuing to speak, setting her wine glass down as she did so. "As I'm sure we are both aware, the King is on his deathbed. This means that soon, another will take the throne. I have not heard much of the Princess, so I am not sure what to expect. I am uncertain as to what this will mean for the mages of Westnor, as well as the mages of the other holds."
She continued to speak. "I only know we cannot allow things to go on as they have for so long. Discontent has been breeding in the holds. We cannot afford to remain separated from the others for long. I know we are of a like mind in this, at least." Alvina stopped talking, wishing to hear her friends thoughts on the matter.

Tags: sprouhtt sprouhtt
forgotten_melody_by_selenada.jpg
Code by ~ ~ B e a u t y _ B e l l e

Aire of House Mercer
Lady Eavan positioned herself in Aire's arms and the two moved towards the gate, Eavan said that she would begin 'acting' when the guards came into view and when they did she held nothing back. She wailed and groaned, it scared Aire to some degree how she was embracing her 'character' like an actor does in the theater.
Lady Eavan gave Aire a look like she wanted him not to burst into laughter, but he kept his composure. The two approached two guards standing outside of the gates, both had puzzled and worried looks across their faces, Aire kept his mouth shut and waited for one of them to ask what happened, then he would see how lady Eavan would respond.​

[Interacting: Eavan Mercer ( c h a n a c h a n a )] [Location: Castle Mercer]

[div class="Img Head"]580460[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Brutes, Linota txlos txlos

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

The five holds had always been a bit bizarre to Kilian, though this instance was perhaps the most alien experience he had ever had. As those grand oak gates swung ajar the boy born in a tavern received bows and nods as if he were a lord himself. While he had never thought of reaching for any lofty titles or positions, he had to admit that the respect was almost intoxicating. The sell-sword followed his companion's instruction, weaving through the streets and mobs of Millhold. All of the oddity had his senses heightened and it wasn't until they had reached the inner section of the city, the Mercer stables, before he felt less wary. Not to say the feeling faded in entirety, he was still surrounded by the elite whom were never particularly fond of him, nor him them. Though against the backdrop of aristocracy to his pleasant surprised Linota was herself rather out of place. As the entered the stables and she dismounted he couldn't help but notice the brown riding dress contrast with the exquisite structures which surrounded the amber-haired las, she seemed an oasis of indifference in a desert of high-class citizenship.

When she had mentioned payment his mind snapped back to reality, and was quickly disturbed by the sudden request he hand off his horse to a stranger. Kilian eyed the stable boy with piercing eyes, despite Linota's assurance he trusted very few besides himself to care for Argo. Though in the interest in coin and the expedient escape of this elitist venue he swung his leg over the saddle and landed swiftly on the ground. Before releasing the reins to the buckskin however, the mercenary approached the boy with explicit instruction. "The stallion's a tad temperamental" he said stone faced, "You mistreat him he may hurt you.. and if he doesn't, I will". Kilian allowed the threatening words to linger before throwing a smile on his face and patting the boy on his shoulder as he offered him the reins. After his fun with the boy he turned on his heal back towards the red-haired Mercer, gesturing towards the large keep which towered before them addressing her with a familiar mocker "lead the way m'lady"

"Not a lady," Linota grumbled under her breath, rolling sapphire eyes before nodding her head in the direction of the keep. It was an old thing, one of the eldest castles to stand in Auverand, covered in climbing vines that sprouted white and yellow flowers. It's stone walls held many things that pieced the lands together, records of kings and inventories of weapons, histories of battles and some of Auverand's first heirlooms. Guards bearing the colors of the stallion bannered house stood at it's entrance, yellow and orange linens hung from it's walls, the pride of Millhold. It was no secret that the Mercer family spanned back hundreds of generations, however this tried and true castle was merely home to the fire haired girl.

Ever so casually, the young woman smiled at one of the gatekeepers to which he responded with a simple nod, opening the door for both her and her mercenary friend. The high ceilings opened up the keep like nothing else, a winter's breeze blowing through windows without their cold-weather shutters. Trays of food were randomly placed about, some with baked goods and other's with fruit from the most recent harvest. A fire raged in the main hall and prized hunts were mounted above the fireplace, and in this room is where Linota found her father, and without a sound, she quickly and quietly slipped past without him catching sight of her, and gestured for Kilian to follow her into the study. "Funny thing that highborns do that I don't see outside of this ol' keep," A wicked grin fell onto the Mercer girl's lips as she headed for a chair laid with yellow fabric. Beneath it, and only to Linota's knowledge, was a born leather satchel, the thing jingling as she pulled it from it's original resting place. Skillfully untying the impossible knot which held the treasure inside, the tawny-haired girl reached in and grabbed a handful of shining gold coin, not bothering to count it before taking the sellswords hand in her own. A spark flicked at the contact, igniting her spine and reddening porcelain cheeks before she softly turned his palm over and dumped the payment into her hand. Twenty seven gold, the money baring little to no loss on the heir to Millhold.

Though the payment seemed like so much more than a simple 'thank you', for it meant the departing of the man whom she had grown quickly comfortable with. Sealing the pouch and stuffing it back behind the chair, Linota lowered herself to sit on the armrest, hands resting on cloth-covered thighs and eyes studying the cobblestone ground. "Where do you think you'll be off to next?" Her interest was only half genuine, the other wishing he would stay a while. Millhold could use more fighters with their wits about them, just like Kilian. Though Linota wouldn't bother asking for his continued presence. After all, if she had the chance to leave and explore the vastness of Auverand, she would take it by the horns. [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: private study in Millhold Keep
[/div][/div]

[div class="Img Head"]580503[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Linota txlos txlos
Located: Millhold, private study

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

This was the first time Kilian had the supposed 'honor' of entering a great keep. Admitedly there was an ancient serenity about the vine covered stone that towered in to the air, defying it's battering winds with strength tested by time. As he followed Linota through the great hall into the private study he was almost impressed. Not by the galant nature of the hall or study, but by the sheer unnecessary amount of... things. Food upon food, books upon books, more gold than Kilian had made in several years sitting behind a cushioned seat. It almost frustrated him, though these thoughts faded when the ginger girl's soft hands encompassed his. Her hands were small, at least in comparison. This alone made sent him on a string of thought about the oddity of the two red-heads. It was a shame her employment was so short, he thoroughly enjoyed her company, a rarity in his travels. As a handful of gold coins, a quite bit more than the task he completed was worth, spilled in to his hand the bought man looked at her with longing eyes. There were many things he wished to learn about her, the foremost question being how she managed to change from an opportunity in his mind to, well, a friend.

With Linota's payment came a question, a question he did not know the answer to. At the inquiry he paused, noticing her forlorn look and involuntarily empathizing. Kilian's eyes wandered around the room, his foot tapping the stone beneath it as his mind scrambled to give the lady an answer. "i'm afraid I don't know." He found himself a furnished stool to rest upon. He settled his weight between the seat and his foot, crossing his arms in thought. "I suppose the next job at the next pub.". The brigand bit his lip, a common idiosyncrasy of his whenever he pondered the future. After a pause, dead air filling the room, he launched himself back to his feet, approaching the Mercer girl. He reached out, taking in his calloused hand her own, pulling it to his lips. The action was both mocking and genuine as he placed a small kiss on her hand the rough red hair of his beard accompanying his lips . "I do hope we meet again. Perhaps a nicer venue than the black dog" Kilian laughed at his own humor, resting his hands on the hilts of his blades as he approached the door of the study, another of many journeys lying ahead of him. While he had no idea what said journey would entail, he knew that this encounter would stay with him, one way or another. One foot and hand out the door the fiery man looked back to Linota for what he thought would be a final time "take care m'lady" a smug grin, laced with affection, plastered on his bearded face. With that he marched out of the girls room, sauntering through the great hall, prepared for his next quest.​

As the mercenary made his way out of the stoned study, Linota couldn't help but feel this nagging tug in both her brain and chest. With his leaving, it felt like possibilities of exploration and wonder fled with him. She knew all too well that tomorrow Lady Mercer herself would come waltzing in with hands on her wide hips, her brows furrowed and thin lips scolding her eldest daughter. The woman would go on to shoo Linota into a bath, where her maidens would wash and dry her, brush her hair and braid it nicely, only for the fire-haired Mercer girl to rip them out and let her hair fall in it's natural wave, down her shoulders and to her waist.
2nd of Winter, the next day
And as if she couldn't have predicted it any better herself, that was exactly what the highborn girl woke up to. Her mother burst through her chamber door, a ring-clad finger pointing in her face. "Ladies have no business stomping through the mud of Auverand, shacking up in the like of The Black Dog. You're lucky I have eyes and ears outside of this keep," The woman's tone seemed to carry and echo throughout the small room, scaring away the birds that sat upon the window sill. With a sigh, and no further words, the tawny-haired girl rose from her bed, quickly being fussed over by her mother's maids.

It took hours, as it always did. Sitting in the massive tub for what felt like days, multiple people dressing her, braiding her hair, checking her face, making sure she looked the part as a lady. A part that she didn't want to play. The minute that they were done, satisfied with their work and out of the room, Linota went to work on dismantling the hair held heavy against her head, sighing in relief as it sank in a river of red down her back. The heavy dress that she had been tied into, restricting her waist and making even standing difficult, was shed off and tossed into a corner of her bedroom, along with the leather ties and buckles that had held the sculpture of hair. Feeling better already, Linota proceeded to pick out a worn and tried peasant's dress, a dark faded blue barely clinging to the fabric with a brown leather cinch that tied around her waist. Due to the oncoming cold, the blue eyed girl accompanied the ensemble with a white linen long sleeve, whose neckline dove down into a V as well as a dark teal riding cloak whose bottom was worn by dragging along the arena grounds. She was sure her mother would hate the look, though wearing carefully crafted gowns out to the barn just didn't seem practical. (the dress)

Sneaking out into the courtyard and bee-lining to the barn, Linota smiled at some of Millhold's middle class, giving them sweet grins and small waves. It made her heart sing, having people loyal to her family, that weren't afraid to approach her, people who truly loved the rule in which they lived under. "Good morning lads," The blue eyed girl sang as she arrived in the barn's courtyard, the men of the cavalry gathering at the sight of her and giving polite bows to the highborn girl. It was no secret that these horses were Linota's work, her blood, sweat and tears being put into their training, and so she was often in command of the place. "If you could groom and saddle Maud, Helio, Erest, Ly-" "Bring me my horse and bring it now," Linota was promptly cut off by the booming sound of her father's voice, the Lord of Millhold entering the stables with a pinched look on his worn face. Her father had always been a kind man, until something disrupted the peace of his keep, and then well... his temper often got the best of him then. Though he didn't seem particularly angry, more annoyed.

Moving to place herself in front of her father, blue eyes met his rampaging gaze.
"Did something happen, papa? Everything was fine yesterday," She tried to fit pieces together in her head, as it was rare that the call of Lord Mercer was needed. Though the man's shoulders seemed to settle at the sight of his daughter. "Nothing that needs your concern my dear, just some fire haired bastard causing trouble in one of the alehouses. Stay here, get these men into shape," With a wink and kiss to Linota's forehead, Lord Mercer was brought his horse, as well as the horses of the two guards that accompanied him, and was on his way.

It took a moment of standing there, almost going back to her duties before it hit the ginger girl, cerulean eyes widening as the ocean of them sloshed with unrest. A fire haired bastard, here in Millhold... it was known that only Linota and her sister, Katrienne, were the only children of Millhold that bore the flame locks of their grandmother. The only other that she had seen as of late was... Kilian.
"Richard, take the horses and men on the regular course, watch for weakness in the grey stallion's hocks, I'll be right back." Hastily, the Mercer girl threw a softened leather bridle onto Maud's face, using the wall of his stable box to hoist herself onto the tall mount's bareback. A gentle wave to her band of cavalry riders was the last they saw of her as Linota went bolting after her father, a smile on her lips as the riding cloak whipped behind her. If it was Kilian, well, the least she could do was attempt to assure her father that he was a good man, someone who had helped. And if it wasn't, then at least she hadn't missed out on the thrill of it all. Though her heart secretly hoped for the red-haired sellsword.

It didn't take long to figure the path he was on, and quickly, the petite girl could see Stallion Ren's Alehouse in the distance. Maud slowed to a determined walk now, his head low as his rider weaved her hands softly through a thick black mane. Sure enough, her father's horse tied outside of it... right next to a familiar built buckskin. [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian, Lord Mercer, the Millhold cavalry | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: Stallion Ren Alehouse
[/div][/div]

[div class="Img Head"]580733[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Linota txlos txlos
Located: Millhold, Stallion Ren’s Alehouse

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

26 gold coins. More coin than he had made in the passing autumn alone, all from a single dainty trip. The merc thought he ought to follow little lords around more often. Regardless as he marched away from that extraordinary keep, Kilian had a single thought on his mind. Ale.

2nd day of winter, the following day
The sun beat down on the fiery lad’s eyelids, willing them open to face the day. His head pounded like a war drum being marched in to battle, and his entire body ached with discomfort. As he lifted his head from the course wooden table, he found himself surrounded by several men all as still as the brigands he had slain when winter began, save for one fellow who seemed to snore like a fat pig. Amongst the party of men sat too many horns to count accompanied by scraps of brownbread and cooked beef. Confusion inundated his mind, racking it for some kind of memory as to how he had ended up in a situation such as this. As he began to rise from his seat, his leather gear squeezing as it stretched, the sight of another table in the same condition as his provided a clue. A party. He had partied. Kilian never partied. Suddenly, his eyes widened with fear, his heart beating as if a beast had gotten the jump on him. He began searching is armor, the table, the men, anything for a sign of the fruit of his previous labors. Not a single coin found.
All of his earnings pissed away on strangers and ale, an infuriating notion. His face contorted with a mixture of anger and sadness, his head hung low as he realized the severity of his mistake. Somehow, in a drunken stupor, he had wasted the easiest and fastes 26 gold coins he had ever amassed. The pain in his heart was parallel to the loss of a loved one, or perhaps the loss of twenty. Six. Gold. Coins.

“Rough night fello’?” Said a man across the room, wiping down with a wet rag a wooden table. The man was dressed in typical peasant clothes, and judging by his demeanor Kilian figured him to be the tavern’s owner or maybe within it’s employ. Kilian approached the man shakily, his legs betraying his usual calm saunter. “Uh, possibly... mm, perhaps, do you work here?” He said, his voice unusually gravely thanks to his impossibly dry mouth. “Aye” said the man, straightening his back to face the redhead. “Good, good. Maybe you can help me. I think there’s been a mistake. There’s been a mistake, somehow... I’ve been hustled out of gold” . The barhand let out a hearty laugh “aye friend, you did, I believe I met the man.” The man tried to restrain his laugh “tall, apricot hair...” as the peasant went on to describe Kilian, his anger began to rise. Not only had he met with a terrible fortune, by losing part of his fortune, but this man was mocking him! His arms shot forward and gripped the man’s loose collar “you listen to me and you listen well, I need my gold back and I-“ unfortunately the mercenary was interrupted by a group of guards, perhaps looking for an ale to end their night rounds. “What’s going on in here?” The patrol of guard pulled the swords without question, approaching Kilian.

There we a few option’s Kilian had in this moment. The sellsword could kill the patrol before him and become an enemy of Millhold until they managed to take his head, he could take barhand hostage and negotiate his way out only for the patrol to hunt him and arrest him, or the swift amber lad could will his hungover body to somehow outrun and out maneuver not only these guards, but the rest of the guards that stood between him and the city gates. Unfortunately the luxury of choice was not granted to him as the guards rushed him swords in hand. “Wait no!-“ the brigand weaved to the left as the first swing came, opting to jump behind a table putting distance between him and the guards. Apparently they had chosen the fourth, unknown option, a game of cat and mouse until his eventual arrest.​

The guards again sprinted for him employing a pincer attack cornering him, Kilian hoped to make a quick escape on and over the table as he went to jump on the wooden surface. However again he found drunkenness to be his downfall as his legs refused to move and the last thing he his hazel eyes saw was the approaching blackness of guard armor. The guards sacked him, his consciousness fleeing. As his vision went to black, he heard murmuring along with the quick mention of the Mercers. Mercers? What did they have to do with anything? Unfortunately Kilian did not get to finish the thought, finally drifting into sleep.

For the second time that day the sun pushed his eyes awake, revealing the sight of a salt and pepper haired man, head to toe in royal equipment and adorned in high class garments. With him we many more guards than before and in instinct Kilian went to draw his sword. Except... he wasn’t able, it appeared he had been restrained to a chair, seated in the middle of the room before the Lord. How many ridiculous Lords was the sellsword going to meet before he could escape this god-forsaken city. The thought made him laugh, a laugh which the lord before him took none too kindly. “You think this a game!?” The elder boomed, visibly irate. Under usual circumstance this kind of man would not frighten the skilled swordsman, though in a situation such as this he had to admit, he was a bit frightened. “No not- I mean- listen this is a big mistake. Let me explain-“ again Kilian found himself unable to finish a thought, though not for the usual reason of the day. Behind the gallant lord, peaking from the doorway he saw familiar locks of fiery red hair framing a beautiful, rosey pale face. “Linota!?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back