• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Auverand - Medieval Fantasy (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
A servant boy, a year or two older than the last, hurried through the hallways. Two goblets hung loosely in one hand, though his other clung to a jug of wine as though his life may have depended on it. His wild eyes darted around the hallway’s of Castle Vogual, moving nearly as quick as his feet. He jumped this way and that in order to avoid the oncoming servants maids, only stopping when his gaze fell upon Lady Isana, waiting for her meeting with the prince.

“This way, My Lady.” The young boy beckoned, leading Lady Isana around a corner and up a short stair well. The stairs opened up into a small balcony filled with sunlight, cooled by the soft breeze.

The Prince sat waiting, relaxing down into a velvet chair, the edges embroidered by golden ravens. His long hair was swept back, the top pulled back into the tight braid to keep it out of his face. Even sitting down, Lucal was an imposing figure. Large enough to make you want to run, but lean enough to make your realize; you won’t get far. As Lady Isana entered the room, Lucal stood, standing over her by a full head with his sword hanging at his hip. “Normally, when I request the presence of someone...they don’t make me wait.” He warned. The servant boy quickly set down the huge of wine and the two glasses before escaping back down the stairway.

Lucal waited until he could no longer hear the boy’s footsteps before he spoke again. “I’m sure you’re wondering why you’re here, and not one of your siblings.” He mused. When he spoke the words, he didn’t even look at Isana, appearing far more interested in the wine the Servant had brought.

Inkstone Inkstone

Aire of House Mercer

The girl with the red hair seemed to reconginze Aire as he approached her and the girl who stole the horse. She rode up next to them and before he could ask anyone any questions, the redhead asked him to bring the other girl, who looked younger compared to her, back to the castle. The boy in black steel armor and his band had left.
“I will do so” Aire said, but the redhead was already riding off to meeting with a breeder. Aire urged the younger girl to follow him and he reached for the reins of the horse, but hesitated, he had finally realized who these two were. He had just had an encounter with the Lady of Millhold, Linota Mercer, he had talked to the girl one time before years ago when she and her sister used to play in the stables. The girl that took one of the horses must have been her sister, her name he couldn’t remember at the moment.
“If you would come with me, ma’am”​

[Interacting: Linota( txlos txlos ) and Eavan Mercer( c h a n a c h a n a )] [Located: The plains ouside of Millhold]

Last edited by a moderator:
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/45/9f/22/459f22417159920ed03b41a87b46fe1b.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#000000; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#999999; padding:5px; color:#000000; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #000000; border-bottom:10px SOLID#000000; width:30%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"]
899da743b877056c819acfc437aef71d-jpg.576811
[div class="Image"] [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Isana Chiari of House Vogaul[/div]

[div class="Line"][/div] As she was led along by this new servant boy, Isana tried to make a point to memorize the route she had been taken from the gates through the halls, but she was too preoccupied for much of it to stick in her memory. They reached the balcony and stepped outside, here the air had warmed some since her summoning that morning, and now the sun had made an appearance in between the still lingering clouds. The Crown Prince Lucal Vogaul drew himself up to full height as she entered; it was impossible to miss the intensity radiating off of this man. She steeled herself against his opening commentary and tried to look as confident as possible.
"My apologies, my Lord," she replied quietly, following the expected verbal dance of respect and humility.

When the prince sat down again Isana carefully seated herself in a matching chair opposite Lucal, her weight sinking into the crimson velvet.
She knew his threat about guests making him wait was just that, a threat. Each of them held the upper hand in different ways in this particular situation. His power was obvious, true, but while the specifics were still unknown to her the prince saw something important in her, and this value created a temporary safe harbor, for now at least. Isana would still tread carefully here, but she felt more buoyant. Lucal voiced the thoughts that were still hovering in her mind; she responded with a more confident, "Yes, my Lord." She stared in the direction of the prince's feet, shifting her gaze to the table as he picked up the wine jug.
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Lucal | Mentions: High5ives High5ives | Located: A private balcony in Castle Vogaul
[div class="Line"][/div] [/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/a08caa7a042e5b946db5596f53c15a35/tumblr_phe64nL3yR1vw48cvo3_500.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] [/div][/div]roe.jpg [div class="Name"] Rosaria Vogual [/div]

She had realized that they were following someone else. She felt kinda stupid for not noticing someone else also took a horse. She should have known better. She huffed and started to head back to the castle in Bellguard. She galloped quickly through the trail she went down. it took about 10 to 15 minutes down that trail before she got to the stable putting up the horse. her st bernard Bernie came up to her and she smiled petting him. "yes I am back my friend." She wasn't exactly thinking she was expecting anyone until a guard came up telling her she was expecting a guest today. She wondered who it was until she heard it was a Lord Payne. "Oh. Let them in at the gates." She said walking out of the stable with her dog. She got to the courtyard standing gracefully with her hands clasped in front of her. To guards stood on either side of her in a protective manner. She looked forward at the city of bellguard below them. She meant well, but she wasn't sure what the visitor wanted though. She tended to turn a lot of men down out of fear.
[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: n/a | Mentioned: Daegan Payne | Located: Vogual Castle in courtyard [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Last edited:
((On mobile rn so post will be ugly sjsjs))

Eavan Mercer

Her freedom had been short-lived. Not even 30 seconds within view of her sister and what appeared to be quite the gathering of people before she was ordered to be whisked away. And scolded. Her older sister's reprimands stung like ice and Eavan's instinct was to cry. Hazel eyes began to well up, and in her head the only thing she could think of was to hold back.

Evie opened her mouth to speak-- maybe even, to retort, but all that she mustered was a curt apology; glancing towards the man behind her. Once Linota seemed to have moved on, Eavan would turn on her horse and sigh, pondering disappointedly for a second before making eye contact with the stable-hand.

"Just an hour or two is all I ask. Nothing more..." it was less of a plea and more of a bitter comment on how even her sister, proud Mercer Lady and adventurer, wouldn't even allow her any freedom. After a moment more she'd prompt her steed to move onward with a clumsy and probably annoying nudge to it's side.

"I apologize for taking her. But you must understand, I'm dying in there. If I have to sew one more pillow or talk to one more suitor I'll be sick... Oh, that isn't ladylike of me. Er-- you have been working with my family for some time now. Do you happen to have a passion for horses?" Evie inquired, casting the one named Aire a glance as she sped up a bit and began to maneuver around some trees.

Interacting: Aire
Mentioned: Aire

Aire of House Mercer
Aire held back from taking the reins of the horse from the girl, it was obvious to him now that this girl or young lady rather was of the Mercer family, a highborn. Aire felt stupid inside for not realizing earlier this young lady was the sister to Linota Mercer, but he still couldn't recall her name. Dia began to trot followed by the girl and the two rode back to the castle. The girl apologized and told Aire her reasoning for taking the horse, despite the fear that he was feeling earlier, after seeing Linota after some time, Aire forgave the girl. The girl brought up the fact that Aire had been working for Houser Mercer from some time and if he had a passion for horses,
"I have been in service to the Mercers for some time yes, I have great respect for anyone who would bear the name of a Mercer," Aire said "but 'do I have a passion for horses', no I wouldn't say a passion for horses, I work in the stables because it was the only job that I could do due to a--promise that I made to myself."
Aire looked sadly down at his hands, memories of past events flooded his head, the promise that he made was one that he intended to keep until the day he drew his last.
"If I would've never become what I am, then I could do what I good at" Aire mumbled to himself, but he quickly tried to place the thoughts out of his mind, but he feared that the silence had piqued the girl's interest and she would begin to inquire. He tried to manage a smile in an attempt to hide any signs of anything being wrong. The gates of Millhold were coming closer now, and Aire urged Dia to continue moving.​

Interacting: Eavan Mercer ( c h a n a c h a n a )] [Location: Near the gates of Millhold]

Osha Donn: The streets of Newacre
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 shadowz1995 shadowz1995
The fist in her hair snapped her head back, ripping a snarl from Osha's mouth.

"You fucking cu-nt!" He spat in her face, the liquor from his breath fueling his rage. The moment she saw him, she tried to get away. She wouldn't ever forget his mangled face - the missing piece of his nose that she bit off about a year ago. Osha twisted violently away from his grip. But she was too small. Too weak with the detriment body of a child. The man was a mountain. He was one of the many disgusting men that she encountered who dabbled in slaving little girls and boys. She remembered the way he starved her. The way he played with fire. Seeing him again made her blood run cold.

"You think I wouldn't find you? After what you did?!"

It seemed the people of Newacre knew better than to approach a drunk man in a violent frenzy. Eyes peered at the two before fleeing into the further corners of the street. An unwelcome emotion burned down her throat. She felt helpless.

"I'm going to butcher you, and all the other cursed swine that you freed."

Osha spat at his shoes and snarled, "Fuck you."

She felt her face meet the ground.

Last edited:
Eavan Mercer
A woman's venting was probably the last thing a man wanted to hear. Though their work was often meaningful and good in its own way, nothing was without strife.

As they exited the cover of trees and out into the grassy hills between the wood and the castle, Evie felt a twinge of regret. If she'd been smarter, if she'd been less reckless, then none of this would have happened. It was here that she would try her hardest to remain composed. On instinct the royal straightened up, rolled her shoulders back, and held her head a little higher. They were slowing now and even closer to home which meant she may be spotted. And if by her parents? Might as well make funeral arrangements.

Though quiet, Evie was happy to have someone to talk to. Despite the man being half a stranger. She thought, in total not-royal fashion, that it would be nice to get to know the people who helped so much with what they did here.

Eavan listened to what he had to say with a kind patience. It seemed he may have been hiding something, but nothing about him struck her as dangerous.

"You are doing a good service to my family, sir. What is your name?"

Interacting: Aire ( Kirby3178 Kirby3178 )
Mentioned: Aire ( Kirby3178 Kirby3178 )

[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]Diana Fairelan [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]the fire elemental[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll]Well, that was an uneventful encounter, or so was Diana's takeaway from the meeting with the few individuals. Hopefully she would not have to see them again... though fates had other plans for her. With the rest riding off in their original destinations, Diana too, pressed on through the forests, following closely with the open path so she did not get lost on her way to the nearest town, Newacre.

Naturally, she did not arrive at the place nearly as quickly as anyone on a horse ("How fortunate they are," Diana thought grudgingly), but she did step onto the streets just to see a large drunken man harassing---hell, did he just hit her?!---a poor young child. Had the violence been conducted in an alleyway or corner out from public eye, perhaps Diana would not have felt moved to step in and act. She wasn't someone with a particularly strict moral compass, but with this happening out in the open, frightening other good civilians who were out traveling on this road, like herself, this served as a public disturbance. The grown man ought to be ashamed of himself.

Despite the assailant being towering, even towards Diana, the blonde stepped forward with an angry frown, "Hey! What do you think you're doing? Attacking a small kid in broad daylight."

"Huh?" the large man turned, that simple syllable slurred as he turned, finding Diana standing there with her hips akimbo. His snarl turned into a mocking sneer upon seeing the fool who dared to challenge him. No doubt, he underestimated her.

Diana was a small, pretty little thing. Dressed in white with nothing but her cloak and small pouch of belongings, she seemed relatively harmless---That is, until she waved a large, hefty fireball into existence. The ball of fiery heat sat in the palm of her hands as she held it in a threatening position.

"Step away from the kid," Diana ordered, hoping he would listen. The smell of burnt flesh was foul and she was hoping neither of them would have to smell it.
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]mood: brave | mentions: none| interaction: osha vinn vinn | location: streets of Newacre [/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]@undine[/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #E7D4A0 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e7/73/a6/e773a6061a1d74e641c8f8255fa73618.jpg); background-size: 150%; background-position: 55% 90% [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #bc4060 [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #5a1527 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #202020; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #5a1527 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(http://bestanimations.com/Nature/Flora/beautiful-flower-animated-gif13.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 30% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px; color: black; [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #ED9B90; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #84C078 [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #FAA15B [/class] [class=bla]background: #f2979f [/class] [class=ble]background: #786a81 [/class] [class=blo]background: #d05f7a [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: #000000 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

Aire PIC.png
Aire of House Mercer
As the two neared the castle, the girl seemed to pick her self up, she rolled her shoulders back and held her head up. Aire had felt like he was burdening the girl was saying that he made a promise to himself, but the expression on her face, while he talked, would claim otherwise. The girl asked Aire his name and told him that he was doing a good service and a smile crept unto Aire's face.
"I am Aire Lionel Cobalt, but it's fine if you call me Aire. Also, pardon my forgetfulness but I know that I've seen you with Lady Linota," he hadn't called her that in a long time "but I cannot seem to recall your name" The two were inside the limits of the Millhold now, and they had arrived in the stables, Aire lead Dia back to his stable and went back over to help the girl off of her horse.​
[Location: Stables of the Mercer Castle] [Interacting: Eavan Mercer ( c h a n a c h a n a )]

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Desktop base" style="color:black;"]
[div class="Current ImagButton" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Currently
[div class="Image ImagButton hidden" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Image[/div]

[div class="Img Head"]578642[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: Linota txlos txlos
Mentioned:
Located: Newacre, The Black Dog

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

A sly grin crept across Kilian’s face as the brutes walked away, though behind it he held true disappointment. However all thought was halted as the woman addressed him. As she spoke he could hear the language of the highborn on her lips, though it seemed to lack the arrogant tone that often accompanied it. He took a weighted step towards the seat which he had been motion towards and slowed descended into it. Even his sitting stance showed not status, only preparation, legs spread and grounded, hand on his blade and the other on his leg should he ever need to employ swift movement to rise to an opponent. This wasn't done on purpose, no no, for Kilian it was instinct now, only due to his audience being that of a lady did he notice it now.

"I'm linota" The woman named herself, her voice sweet and soft, yet undeniably firm. "Lady Linota... I'd be a liar if I weren't to say your defense weren't partially selfish" he repeated, his words heavy with interest. This woman did intrigue him, unlike many others. Her status did not seem to be a pride of hers, but rather a hindrance, again he sipped his ale "A beautiful name, i'm afraid mine isn't as such" said Kilian jokingly. He reached for the horn of ale presented to him and took a long sip, allowing the fermentation of the drink to calm the small bit of adrenaline the previous happening had just spiked in him. As he returned the ale to the table he gave the lady a small, modest head bow "Kilian Sloan, at your service m'lady" he said with a proud smile. While no one else would find the honor in his last name, Kilian saw nothing but honor in it. More so now as he looked upon the fiery hair of the woman in front of him, hair reminiscent of his mother, the most honorable barmaid there ever was.

"You know m'lady, this rotting tavern isn't exactly the place i'd expect one of your kind to be" Kilian mentioned, motioning in reference to the brutes and briggands that occupied the old haven for the low which the two sat in. He examined her up and down, for a Lady her clothes weren't extravagant, but more of a balance between functionality and elegance. Her riding coat a write emerald, however thick and hardy, a wise choice he found for one such as her. "No disrespect meant, though i'm sure you can see why i'd ask"

[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith[/div]

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/2377/2377409-bigthumbnail.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
b13399aa77b46e25f36b6008be427ba8.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Linota Mercer[/div]
Sloan. It wasn't a last name that held any prestigious titles, nor one that inflicted any sort of fear from a famed sellsword. In short, the redhead before her was something of a mystery. There was a great deal to be said by the last name of one who called Auverand home, however Linota found it some refreshing that this fresh face didn't have an ounce of familiarity attached to him.

"I'm no lady Kilian, not actually anyway," The words held the venom of her mother behind them as the eldest Mercer daughter took another swig of ale, the liquid stinging at the back of her throat before making it's way down. Lady Mercer would've been appalled to see her daughter in such a place, her predecessor lounging about in a stingy barhouse, crawling with the likes of sellswords and thieves no doubt, conversing with a man whose lack of status would worry her mother sick. Though it didn't bother her, cerulean eyes scanning about the old tavern where her business deal would be lost, the man from Ebonmere still no where to be found. It didn't quite matter though as Linota's eyes settled back on the lithe man before her, a content and friendly smile perched on rose petal lips.

"You're right there, this isn't the sort of place for a Mercer, but I don't mind really," A conscious thought swept over her features just for a moment, brows knitting as her pointer finger tapped gently against the faded drinking horn. "I've never quite understood the separation of a hold to their people, or kings from their people. I feel like you should know those in which you support and ally with, right? Ravens can only do so much," A chuckle rolled from Linota's chest as her free hand fiddled with the fabric of the forest green riding cloak bunched around her, her shoulders softening. It was true, a woman of her status (whether she would've liked to admit it or not) shouldn't be seen alone in a place like a beaten and tried alehouse in Newacre, however places like this reminded the young redhead of how human she truly was. Instead of the high-born label that her last name so fondly gave her.

Shaking herself from the wishful thinking that one day she may be able to wander Auverand unrecognized and unseen, teal eyes fell back onto the young sellsword sitting across from her, her chin lifting ever so slightly to become eye level with him. "Though I can guess what you might be doing in a place like this, care to tell?" [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: Newacre, 'The Black Dog'
[/div][/div]

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Img Head"]578929[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting:Linota txlos txlos Linota txlos txlos
Mentioned:

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

Kilian looked into the ocean eyes before him, a Mercer of Millhold they belonged to. He found himself even more taken aback, a women of the people? Every moment this woman seemed to disprove the highborn image he held in his mind. However, apart from character this woman was still highborn, very highborn, her surname guaranteeing the depths of her coin purse. What sat before him, as much as he was intrigued at the person, was an opportunity.

"Well like the rest of these brutish brigands, i'm here for a good ale." he said lifting high the battered horn with a large, laughing smile, and taking a pointed sip. As he placed it down he paused for a moment, letting the bitterness of the ale refresh his tongue and calm his nerves. "and perhaps... something intriguing" his words had an edge to them, an almost desperation. A year now he had traveled, looking for, well, anything truly. A true fellow swordsman to best, a pot of gold to earn... an honor to obtain. Kilian knew he existed in a land which honored names and titles, holds and lands, both of which Kilian lacked. This was not to say he wanted lordship, nor a great keep to lord over, but simply the honor that came with such. However, here in Auverand, was there any such possibility?

Kilian recognized he had ventured far to deep in to his thought, and noticed the azure look across from him examining his face, looking for a meaning to his words. Perhaps this was the same gaze Kilian had given Linota when she answered the former question. There were few in Auverand with looks such as the two oddities sitting at that table, few with features kissed by fire, And yet there they sat. Kilian set out to ease the amber haired lady "Though, I suppose a bit of gold would do." He said, the corners of his mouth ever so slightly stretched​

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] background-color:#000000; Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:15px; background-color:#ffffff; Color:Black; //BGColor will what determinates what type color will it have. Padding will be the void between the Border and the actual text.// //The solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border. All your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; // The Object will be at the right side of the screen - Floating as an image // margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#143d40; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); // Calculus to avoid objects to collide / lose itself at the bottom of another // //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #ffffff; border-bottom:10px SOLID #ffffff; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #ffffff; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 578920 [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Siv Haralddöthier of The Company of Farlon's Marauders [/div]

"Winter-" it was like a reminder of his father, his voice speaking through the wind like if he had become part of the world around her. She remember every teaching like a guide-book and when forgotten the wind... the wind spoke words of wisdom to her. "Look after rations, cold forces people to eat more" and "Don't get wet, don't swim. It is hard to get warm after." everything sounded so obvious at first, at the time that she was just a kid. All that guide to pursue survivable and press on - but nothing about what to do when your own men attempt to force you, when your allies become your enemies - when the battlefield becomes blurry - or when your hands begin to spit lightnings. How does one begins to wonder if you are just a kind of freak, one easily discarded by the world around you, fragile. One that will not survive, no matter the vane attempts of your beloved father.

Siv was then remembering the words of wisdom of his father at that time. Long time ago as she began to wield her spear, training with a dummy. "Use the pointy end. Thrust harder!" She continued to thrust and thrust as the spear made a hole large enough to allow the whole weapon to move through. Her arms began to tense and feel exhausted over the physical exercise. The grass beneath her feet became barren at that point, resting the bottom of her weapon to the ground in waiting for new orders, "-That feeling you have now, that your job is done-" he responded as he saw her stand, pressing his finger above her chest, "The feeling of exhaustion, the need to rest and close your eyes." aiming his finger back to his head, "-Will get you kill. When you feel tired, grip tighter your weapon. When you feel like you win, hit your enemy again. Because one mistake-"

"-is all it takes." she continued the lesson on her own, alone, as she stood there in hiding; waiting for a pray to come through her path. No longer a child but a battle-ready warrior forged by the hands of her own father - forged out of the tragedy that came from outsider's hands. Hands she will never forget - hands she had never forgotten even now. Justice eluded the hands of his killer but it would not be long until she had her vengeance. Her rightful due.

At the end of waiting, she threw her weapon so fast, so determinate that it ended upon a wild animal's heart, allowing its defeated body to rest. She crossed the space between the two and recover her weapon reluctantly. Later, her hand crossed the fur and took part of the blood to paint a side of her face briefly. A way to tell his liege and protector it was her weapon that deliver the blow and not someone else's. The fresh blood would stay the same, until it was no more. "This one is fresh." she responded to the two soldiers that were suppose to follow her to carry the dead weight, they came from behind the trees as if they were part of the scene until they were no more. "Quickly now~ We must not venture too far from the main band."

Using her weapon as a marked, she cut slightly the skin of a tree she liked to determinate a path while she had some memory of the path the Mercenary Company she served was moving on. She then grabbed her horse, Farnin, black of hair and strong-footing, its only companion of the past that followed thus far. She then allowed the two men to drop the wild animal at the back of her animal, tiding it up before riding off from her hunting zone.

She pushed forward alongside her hunting party to meet the main band, she raised her spear upwards for those that would find her, and know her. Once at sight, she continued to around the lines with her horse. Dropping the dead animal by the side of the wagon they carried for the supplies, smiling upon the soldiers that would pick it up from the ground. After that, she move on and on until the end of the lines - to face her liege and leader of the band. She pressed her right arm, her good arm, against her chest much like an oath-warrior, a shield-maiden paying respects to her rightful lord and responded, "I return to service, Varrick" she said in kind, making sure he could witness her face poisoned with blood and the grin upon her face.

[div class="Line"][/div] Mentions: Athanas Athanas
Interactions: Athanas Athanas
[div class="Line"][/div] [/div] [/div]

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 0
"I am Astrid, House of Quorse."
FA83C8EC-12C2-4B8D-97C1-FEE6512B77D7.jpegLocation: House of Quorse in her office
Activity: Has fallen asleep while writing letters
Interactions: N/A (Free to interact)
Mention: N/A

Astrid looked peaceful, as the sleep that she had been fighting all this week has finally taken over her tired body. Astrid had been trying to get proposals passed from the demands of the public to the council, and writing letters has not only made her fingers numb, but also her mind and body. The people, and by people, mages, have been wanting to obtain more through the knowledge of magic, but Astrid is only one person and the number of hours, and days that she puts into teaching those below her. Though she cannot say that she is the ultimate best, there are others in the council who are just as good as her, but the precision and time that she takes to perfect the arts is something extraordinary. Often times when she does not erfect a spell, she ends up getting mad at herself for not trying hard enough and will shut herself off from the rest of the world for who knows how long. That was the old Astrid, the new Astrid tries not to be hard on herself, but its a working process. Astrid is hard on herself for many reasons, a lot of people are counting on her and she is also counting on herself as well. She counts on herself so that she does not turn into her father. Her father, Drago, used to want to help people and show that mages were not so bad, but he ended up getting blinded and soiled the name of mages. Astrid did not want to turn into her father, because somewhere inside her lies his side of the genes and Astrid does not want to feed the darkness that she knows is inside her. Afraid of being everything that she fears, afraid of people judging her for who she is and who her father is. Black magic is what corrupted him, and she knows that as long as she does not go far into black magic, she will be fine.

A knock came at her door, but it wasn’t loud enough to snap Astrid out of her slumber.

KNOCK KNOCK

There was the sound again and this time it was loud enough for her to hear. The last knock she received had sent her straight up in her chair, “Yes! Who is it?” She asked and she heard the door slightly open.

“My lady you have been unresponsive in your chamber and I surely thought you would not answer in your office.” A young servant girl with red hair by the name of Eliza had said to her.

Astrid let out a soft chuckle as she as she organized the papers in front of her. “I am sorry Eliza if I have worried you, but you should know by now that if I do not respond I am hard at work or asleep on my desk like a few moments ago haha.” Astrid responded. Astrid had known the names of every servant that worked for the House of Quores. When she had first been here for two years, she made it her mission to learn the names of everyone that ever entered, left and are living in the House of Quores.

“You are right ha ha, I guess I forgot. You should really pamper yourself once in a while, relaxation is good for the mind too.”

Astrid looked up from organizing the letters in front of her to Eliza. “You are right, what would I do without your words of wisdom Eliza?” Astrid gave a genuine smile. There were a few people that she were close with. Her identical twin sister, Eliza, some of the council members and herself. As a mage you have to be careful with who you trust, and she can say that she trusts herself to some extent. Though there is a part of her that she is afraid of, knowing what she can do and what she is capable of. The fire that happened years back was no accident. It was as though she knew what she was doing, but she had no control over her actions. What scared her the most, was that she kind of enjoyed watching the flames devour everything in its path.

“Are you okay my lady?” Eliza asked. “Are those letters troubling you?”

“No, but they will raise eyebrows if I choose to send them out.”

Eliza furrowed her eyebrows, “what do they entail?”

“It is an invitation that will go out to all the houses in the land. It will be a banquet of some sorts that will allow for every house to talk freely and express their concerns amongst each other. Though the problem that arises is the uncertainty that lies among the houses. Whether they will truly cooperate and listen to what the mages have to say and hopefully form alliances. But knowing the people who are stubborn, they are probably not past their greedy ways.” Astrid explained as she ran her hand through her hair. “You know, I really have to see how my other half is doing, she has been gone for quite some time and has not sent any word yet.” Astrid continued.

Eliza put her hand on her hip, “wow, that would be interesting. But council will never allow it, having outsiders step foot in westnor?”

Astrid stood up and walked over to Eliza and gently placed her hand on her cheek, “the council has no say, in just a few weeks I will have the highest chair in that circle and besides that, everyone already listens to me. And I am not saying that just to be cocky, but I pretty much can work my way around the council.”

“Yes I know...” Eliza gulped. She felt a bit heated, seeing how close Astrid was to her. “What if there is conflict that stirs?”

“Let us hope not, because it would not be a beautiful sight to see.” Astrid said as she walked away from Eliza and towards the balcony, opening the doors to the balcony and allowing the wind to greet her and the sun to kiss her skin.

“I will run you a bath my lady, it will help you to relax.” Eliza said, and with that she was gone and left Astrid alone.

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/2377/2377409-bigthumbnail.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
The man with similar fired hair seemed to be lost in a deep thought as he spoke, whistling his way through words as though they held very little relation to the events playing out in his head. Something about Kilian was... adventurous. Linota could feel that familiar rumble in her chest, the same one she felt when galloping through the plains of the east atop her powerful steed, his hooves thundering the earth below them. Her fingers fiddled with her worn riding cloak, cerulean eyes cascading along the stranger's face as if in disbelief that someone like this was sitting here, in a dingy tavern with drunken belligerents. Nonetheless, the Mercer girl gave him a smile and sat up in her seat, pushing the drinking horn away from her body and shrugging petite shoulders. "I should be getting back to Millhold," Her tone almost chanted the words, gathering her emerald shawl to one side as to avoid stepping on it before standing up. Brushing the residue from the bottom, Linota's gaze settled back to Kilian for only a moment. She thought for a minute, and only a minute, about the repercussions of the action she was about to partake in. The look on her father's face, the look of her mother, but more off, the blind faith she herself held in her sureness.

One last sigh fell from Linota's lips before neatly tucking in her chair, taking one step towards the door. "You'd best be coming, it'll soon be nightfall," A smirk made home on the ginger girl's cheeks then, her curiousity getting the best of her. Kilian was dangerous, someone new and exciting, and very rarely did Linota have the opportunity it come across someone who possessed both qualities. And from the stunt he had so effortlessly pulled inside The Black Dog, there was no doubt in the little lady's mind that, if nothing else, he would be a fearsome protector. The plainlands between Millhold and The Wilde could be frightening without the telling light of the sun.

In hopes the sellsword would follow, Linota continued to talk as she made her way out to Maud, giving the bay stallion a good pat on the neck and a kiss to his cheek. "You can guard me back on my way to Millhold. As you said, I am a lady. They even know that in the plains," Disgust tainted the girl's voice with the sentence, eyes rolling as she effortlessly threw a leg over her mount and sat comfortably in the saddle. It was already growing dim, golden light beginning to intensify as the sun retreated into the mountains in the West. It showed a filter of sienna against Linota's porcelain complexion, dusting against her as though she were angel, though she truly was anything but.

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: Newacre, 'The Black Dog'
[/div][/div]

[div class="Img Head"]579056[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting:Linota txlos txlos Linota txlos txlos
Mentioned:

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

The way she spoke with such confidence, as if her comments doubled as commands. The way she collected and dusted her garments with careful scrutiny... Highborn indeed. However had he not had the interaction prior, that is all he would have thought of the woman before him. Fiery she was in feature and spirit, and unusually captivating especially to one such as himself. He noticed a similarity in her, a disregard for the commonly luxurious things of life, an appreciation for the unusual, and a kin-like hunger for the spontaneous. Kilians leg bounced methodically and his hand readily gripped his sword as Linota rose from her seat and invited him on her journey. Why not? he thought. He assumed he would be compensated, and even if he weren't, he'd find value in this jaunt one way or another. He too stood to his feet, his leather armor moving fluently with him, his ginger hair falling this way and that is if to imitate his spirit.

His copper eyes met with hers, the subtlty in them calling him to follow, and follow he did. With hands on his blades and head held high he accompanied her outside "Ah the plains are only lands, nothing to fear" he said as he circled around her to meet his own horse. Hers was a beautiful blood bay, and as such he couldn't help but admire it. Kilian loved a strong horse, they were the key to freedom, a noble companion on ones path towards whatever lofty goal every being so arrogantly held. The golden light of the sun fell on both Linota and her steed as they stood in preparation to ride, a brilliant monolith of adventure. In a swift motion Kilian swung his leg up over his buckskin friend and fell comofortably in the saddle, taking the reins in hand. The horse took a few steps back and forth as it readied itself to gallop off into the plains it was so fond of. Kilian smirked, as he couldn't help it. It seemed both of them knew the nature of the other as they locked eyes.

"Off to Millhold then?... M'lady" he teased, turning the horse in a circle to target the northern gate, His dark brown leather taught against his lean frame, his hair free in the autumn air, both ride and rider itching to let off. Kilian knew he was taking a chance on this adventure, however something told him the gains would be more than sufficient. After all he had made ignorant gambles on significantly less promising opportunities. And something told him Linota was more than an opportunity.​

There was something refreshing and refined about the image, at least to Linota. The image of a rugged sellsword atop a perfectly fine steed, the animal's tan coat giving light to the fall palette that seemed to don both horse and rider. A smile cradled her face as she scanned the two, though the line of thought was quickly broken by Kilian's sprightly words. While the plains were not the most dangerous unkept lands of Auverand, thieves and creatures still lurked for unsuspecting travelers, hiding in the thicket and scanning the outlying area for either a quick coin or fast bite. The mention of skyfall in the plains was enough to make children stay within the safety of Millhold's walls, meaning it was enough for Linota to want company during her ride back.

It was more than obvious that the tawny eyed man and his horse were anxious to leave Newacre, wanting to gallop onto their next destination, and that in itself gave the Mercer girl an insight into who this lad before her was. There was nothing like the power of a horse beneath you, trampling the earth into it's core, the feeling of flying. And it was obvious this pair held that view as well. "Not a lady," Linota's words dripped with feigned distaste before gathering her reins. Within one swift move, nimble fingers tucked into Maud's mane, giving a gentle squeeze. The stallion whinnied in delight before stamping impatiently, waiting until the girl's given nudge to his side before taking off to the north. A truly jovial laugh burst from the petite woman's chest, carrying on the back of the autumn leaves that flowed throughout the air of Newacre. It was no secret, at least to those of Millhold, that the blood bay stallion was one of the swiftest horses to ever be inducted into the Mercer cavalry. Though Linota's bond with the horse made him see no more than two battles, it didn't one strife his strength. With one glance back to Kilian, she pushed both reins into one hand, elegantly waving back to him as her stallion continued to tear out into the wild of the plains.

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: The Plains
[/div][/div]

bc4c257456b86b1bf900d06debf6e45c.png
Varrick "The Ogre", Leader of Farlon's Marauders

The day had not been going particularly well for Varrick. To start things off, it had been a month and a half since he'd been in a real fight. Sure, there was the occasional scuffle with bandits, lowlifes and the occasional wild animal, but truly, nothing to excite him. He'd been forced to hold off on the Pillaging(much to the dismay of his own troops) ever since he entered the lands of the Major houses, as control there was much more tightly knit. And of course, to top things off, he hadn't been properly contracted for over three months now...

He sighed as he shifted his focus from the map he was studying. What a horrible thing it was, peace. Turns men dull and spoiled, makes them forget their values and become cowardly, conniving little creatures. Oh, how he hated it. Apart from drilling daily and on occasion going on hunts with Siv(which he enjoyed quite a bit, granted), there really wasn't that much to do. Just march, set up the palisades and the camp, then take it all down the next day. Hopefully, today this would finally change, and the company would once more find itself marching with purpose, the drums bellowing once more.

He was sitting by a large field table, Overlooking several reports from his lieutenants( Bless that old woman that had taught him to read and write so many years ago: He hoped she had received the gold he had sent her). On the middle of the table, there was a large map of Auverand, with the many keeps and castles marked on it. One would think that all the noise from a busy war camp would be a detriment to one's studying, but not to Varrick: In fact, he found the noise soothing, a reminder that he was amongst peers. It was the silence, that eerie, akward silence that you'd get in the woods or late at night in the city that alarmed him and disorientated him: When everything's gone quiet, that's when you get ambushed. That's usually how it works, anyway....

The reports weren't worrying, so at least that was something. Their foraging parties were doing a stellar job and they had captured a few small merchant wagons a few days back, which was a great boon. Still, if the Vogauls didn't hire them, they'd have to continue moving. But there was no way they wouldn't be hired...right? The Mercers were overconfident in their masses of poorly-trained infantry- Varrick would gladly teach them how easily they can be stopped by a good defensive position and a solid shieldwall-. The Brens could only really pay in ships, which was useful, but not nearly as useful as gold. The Paynes would never have need of more mercenaries than they already had. And the Quorse...Admittedly the Quorse would make good employers, perhaps even better than the Vogauls. Perhaps not going to them first was less of a tactical decision and more him just being judgmental of mages...
Oh well. Too late to be crying over spilled milk. Not when his company was a day's march away from Belguard. It would be stupid to turn back now...

Siv's voice shook him out of his thoughts, and as he raised his head to see her he couldn't help but grin back at her: He really liked Siv, and her attitude. Admittedly, first time he had met her, it had been quite the shock: It was over six months ago. She had been captured, alongside a few others, as part of a regular raid. Obviously, it had become apparent that none of the prisoners were important enough to warrant ransom, so he'd gone about executing them in his own fashion: He'd let them choose their weapons and duel them, so they could at least die fighting, something that everyone deserved. Of course, there was no way any of them could beat him. He was "The Ogre", after all. Women were exempt from this practice, but Siv had insisted. Varrick was perplexed as to why a Woman would rather die than be sold or given to a soldier. He taunted her, underestimated her ability, called her foolish for thinking she could beat a man. As it had turned out, he had underestimated her a bit too much: Siv was fast, faster than he had anticipated. She weaved around his arcing strikes and swept him clean off his feet, flat onto his back. Her spear at his neck, Varrick was at this moment certain that he'd die: And his Killer would've been a God-damned woman.

Surprisingly(and much to his relief), she had spared him. She thrust the spear into the ground and helped him up, saying she wanted to Join his band. His code left him no choice but to accept. His prestige had taken a hit that day, though thankfully not many witnessed this. His pride, on the other hand, had still not fully recovered....

"Siv! Good to fucking see ya, ye lunatic! Come, sit. I presume you've had a good hunt, eh? Of course you did. I've never known ye to come back empty-handed." His smile persisted as he pulled up a second chair next to his for the Shield-maiden. He folded and began repacking up the maps, stuffing them all into a large waterproof satchel that his quartermaster had supplied him with. After a few seconds of this, he turned back to Siv, eager to fill her in on his next course of action: As a member of his Merry Band, Siv would most certainly be involved in whatever it was he was planning, after all.

"So, Siv: You might've been wondering as to why on earth we left the Wilde to come all the way over here. Well, ye need wonder no more: See, I've been trying to get a grip of the whole political situation in Auverand n' all that. Turns out, tensions are seriously mounting. The Mercers and The Brens don't like the Vogauls very much, and them slithering lil bastards yonder at Quorse are also plotting somethin', as far as I can tell. The Vog's are so bloody determined to show off their gold for all to see that they've began hiring all sorts of mercenaries from the Paynes n' the Wildemen. So I figured, if they're willing to show might, There's a chance we'll get a job here, and a pretty damn big 'un at that.

He stopped for a moment to collect his thoughts, and pointed at the only map still on the table, a small one detailing the region they were in. He pointed towards a route.

"So! Me, Gord, you, and the Twins're going on a little expedition inside of Belguard. I'll get an audience with the King, the Prince-Whoever the fuck's responsible for hiring sods like us, and show him just why having an Infamous band of well-trained mercenaries might be to his advantage. If we ride soon, we'll be there by Midday. How's that sound as a plan, Siv?"

Interacting: Siv ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Last edited:
Eavan Mercer

She was upset, but her efforts to appear attentive were strong. As they neared the stables she'd cast him a glance and try to find words to say. Evie wanted to have an easier time at this, but she supposed he knew she was under no binding obligation to respond. She waited until he was ready to help her up and with an unsteady motion, leaned into the man's grasp and onto the ground.

"I am glad to know your name, Mister Cobalt. You may call me Lady Eavan Mercer. Some people call me Evie, but Lady is fine for now." She flashed a small smile. The ride had given her mind short lived reprieve from the day's events, but everything seemed to want to flood back now. Supressing a sigh, the Lady gathered the tufts of her dress, a royal blue colored garment with a fur cloak blanketing down her back, and began for the castle. It was after a few paces that she stopped. Gods sake, she couldn't just waltz back in. Her attendants would be looking for her, and the corridors and kitchens would be bustling with dinner prep.

"Mister Cobalt... I need you to do me a favor." Eavan turned, a troubled expression creasing her brows and tightening her lips as she scurried the small distance back towards him. If she feigned an injury under the guise of having been visiting the horses, and subsequently found by the stable hand, she'd be able to avoid questioning.

"Can you play a game of pretend?"

Interacting: Aire ( Kirby3178 Kirby3178 )
Mentioned: Aire ( Kirby3178 Kirby3178 )

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] background-color:#000000; Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:15px; background-color:#ffffff; Color:Black; //BGColor will what determinates what type color will it have. Padding will be the void between the Border and the actual text.// //The solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border. All your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; // The Object will be at the right side of the screen - Floating as an image // margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#143d40; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); // Calculus to avoid objects to collide / lose itself at the bottom of another // //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #ffffff; border-bottom:10px SOLID #ffffff; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #ffffff; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 579174 [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Siv Haralddöthier of The Company of Farlon's Marauders [/div]

She did imagined there was a purpose to their ever marching formation, ever moving band that would, finally, find its place in the world around them. She wanted what all warrior wanted after all - reputation, renown through out the realm of men, a fresh battlefield and the forever danger eluding death by a fatal blow. There was nothing else for her, nothing that her spear and skills could not bring to the table.

She dropped off her horse, landing gracefully on the grass beneath her as she laid eyes on the map before her and sat down comfortably thanks to Varrick as he lend her a chair, it ought to feel like he is not that bad after all, if you get to know him. She saw, beyond the scarred face and the history of cruel violence, a sense of warrior's code in him that felt as if justified everything he had been doing ever since. She felt welcomed when around him, standing beside a brother-in-arms, but also felt the weight of responsibility, for she was not there out of affection but for duty. He represented cruelty at its finest, while she continued to feel honor-bound to aid a cause; whatever that cause was.

As she examined it closely, the map being one of the whole realm and too large as to determinate where to go next, she also saw the new potential and temporally costumer of their services. The noise of the moving camp seem to be silenced for her when reading, as if it subtracted her from reality - when watching the map, pressing her finger on the surface as she traced a fine line, she felt the wind move in her fingerprint as if she was scratching the world's heaven, when crossing the sea she could feel the breeze and the whole finger diving within its water and when climbing the mountains she felt the cold - the unnatural ability to feel the world by imagination prowess. Even if hunting had spared her from the attrition of war, to explore the landscape and learn from the wild-life beyond the camp borders as entertainment; it had been a while since they saw a contract worth taking, and a fight other than raiding the weak. Her mussels tense each time she thinks about them. At the very end it is the fault of the suppose to be Lord Protector of these kingdoms to leave its subjects unprotected...

"We have provisions to leave the army here, a good position over the land, regular patrols~" she started to remember each step to organize the camp as the quartermaster always seem to be instructed, then she eyed back to Varrick's grin even if deformed by his scars. She smiled back as she understood his thinking almost to the letter, after all they were in the same pace. "We are already here, aren't we? Lets say hello." as she nodded in agreement and started to laugh in excitement. [div class="Line"][/div] Mentions: Athanas Athanas
Interactions: Athanas Athanas
[div class="Line"][/div] [/div] [/div]

[div class="Img Head"]579263[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting:Linota txlos txlos Linota txlos txlos
Mentioned:
Located: The Plains, campfire between Newacre and Millhold

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

The joyous laugh acted as an energizing shout which sent Kilian and Argo flying off through the gate and into the lawless plains. Though they weren't particularly lawless, Kilian had traveled the plains between the Wild and Millhold many a time. Every time he did he could feel the vibrant freedom that eminated from the lands, along with the inherent danger. Without a doubt it would have been dangerous for Linota to gallop through them alone, though something in him felt she was more resourceful than what lied on the surface. They rode for several hours, very little speech occuring between the two pairs. Perhaps the occasional course correction, however still their thunderous ride was a fairly uninterupted one. Kilian appreciated this, he was never one for long talking, especially when he would rather be experiencing the beauty of the journey. The sound of hooves pounding into the core of the earth, the wind howling past, powerless to stop whatever passed through it, words would only sully such a moment, this seemed to be an understanding between Linota and Kilian.

It wasn't until the sun had been hidden for a long while and the moon hadfully sprouted from behind the horizon that their horses began to slow. In an effort not to recklessly push Argo too far, as well as Linota's Blood Bay, he felt it best to stop and camp for the night. The two pairs traveled and a moderately paced gallop now when he shouted to Linota "Follow me! I think rest might do us some good!". With that he lead her a few meters off the beaten path into the sparse foliage that often dotted the plains. The thin trees and bushes hung over a very small clearing, Enough room for a campfire and spare space beside it perhaps, allowing the horses to be secured to the trees. Kilian slowed his stallion to a slow trod as he approached the area, swinging himself off the saddle and on to the hard cold dirt below. He always failed to remember how tired one's legs could get after a long ride, though he welcomed the consequence. As he tied Argo to a scraggly tree close to the clearing, he turned to address Linota as she arrived with him. "Your horse rides abundantly well" he commented, examining the powerful flanks of the horse which still held it's head high. He could tell the steed was somewhat exhausted, though it seemed exceedingly strong.

Kilian reached out a hand to assist Linota, noticing the same qualities in her as he did the bay, and with that a soft, surprised smile spread across his face.​

Aire PIC.png
Aire of House Mercer
Aire helped the girl off her horse, she told him that her name was Lady Eavan Mercer. Aire facepalmed at hearing her name, he felt stupid not remembering her name.
"Again, forgive my forgetfulness, Lady Eavan" Aire said slightly bowing his head as she picked up the coattails of her dress and walked back towards the castle. She paused a look of concern on her face, Lady Eavan then turned to Aire and asked him a question that he was not expecting, 'Can you play a game of pretend'. Aire paused rubbing his chin, he had played pretend games since he was a child, but he quickly remembered who he was talking to.
"Well my Lady, what kind of game of pretend?" Aire asked leading her horse back its stable and then approaching her.​

With a gracious smile pulling gently at the corners of her mouth, Linota slid her hand into Kilian's, tossing a leg over her stallion's heaving body and allowing her weight to plop gently to her feet. She could feel tension in her thighs, her hands sore from the grip into a midnight black mane, her arms exhausted from releasing and reining in the spirit of her mount. Though it wasn't a surprise, as Maud was quite a lot of horse to begin with. "Maud's a good horse, discharged cavalry," The ginger-haired girl spoke as she released the man's hand, turning to her steed and giving him a pat on the neck. The horse lowered his head, craning his neck around to nuzzle his snout into the palm of his rider. "He was supposed to be shipped off to the King's Guard, trained him myself. He carried soldiers into battle twice before I asked he be released. Loved him too much I suppose... he's been nothing but a fantastic partner to me." And it was true, for there was no other horse that Linota would dare take out on the adventures that Maud had carried her through. No stallion or mare would ever match the pure power that laid in the heart of bay. "Though I'd say your horse is a lucky find as well. Beautiful, if nothing else," Her words teased with a playful grin before she turned, shedding her riding cloak to toss over the worn seat of her saddle. The Mercer girl wasn't dressed in the linens of a highborn, her brown dress resting off her shoulders, laced in the front with no embellishments or decoration. It's long sleeves hugged tight to her arms, unlike the usual royal-style of open, almost batwing sleeves which Linota hated with a passion. Everything about the riding outfit was practical, and very rarely was someone of her status seen in such garments.

Setting off to work, Linota tied her horse next to the buckskin that carried Kilian, undoing his girth and slipping the sweaty saddle from his back. The horse's body shook with delight as the heavy leather was removed, the Mercer girl setting it on the ground near the stump of the tree. The winds howled through their night's encampment, the ginger haired girl looking about as if to see if something would disturb the unlikely peace of the place, but to her surprise, nothing felt or sounded out of the ordinary. "Millhold shouldn't be more than a half a days ride from here," Linota sighed, turning her head towards her fire haired company as she unbuckled the sleeping roll from her saddle, one that had served many a night on the grounds of Auverand, nights that she didn't feel like spending in the keep of Millhold. Then again, she rarely felt like spending time in the keep at all these days. The people were uninteresting, the news always the same. Perhaps that was why Kilian seemed so intriguing and exciting. He was completely, unfathomable new.

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: a small encampment in the Plains
[/div][/div]

[div class="Img Head"]579432[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting:Linota txlos txlos Linota txlos txlos
Mentioned:
Located: The Plains, campfire between Newacre and Millhold

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

Kilian began the loosen the heavy leather which encompassed his body, all pieces of the set covered in simple engraving. The armor was nothing particularly special to look at, save for the woven style of the chest which seemed to form an arrow pointing down. Though despite it's lack of flashy intricacies, the armor's functionality was above all. Made of layered bison and horse leather the defensive garment was light although tough, suitable to Kilians odd style of swordsmanship. He laid the armor by the foot of the tree his horse was anchored to, sequentially removing Argo's saddle to join his armor by the ground. A quite laugh escaped his lips as he ran his fingers through the brown mane of his stallion "Aye, Argo's a find. No trained Calvary like Maud there, but a fine buck" Kilian looked down Argo's magnificent coat, recalling all the adventures he had undertaken on the thing. He pet his neck gently. On his hips rested two blades, one longer than the other. He removed and rested the former against the tree with horses, taking the shorter of the swords in hand to gather wood for a fire. "With our horses here might just be less" he bragged, an obvious joke. The wind swept through the clearly briskly, though he doubted it would present a obstacle towards starting a fire. The only event Kilian was wary of was being spotted from the near path, though it seemed the likelihood of such a happening weighed equally with it not, so he chose not to let it worry him. Within a few minutes he had gathered enough thick and thin wood enough to start a flame for the night. In the midst of the work he decided to field Linota a question "So, you're a Mercer of Millhold. But you don't call yourself a lady. I know lads and las alike that would grab at that title vigorously, why don't you?" This was a genuine curiosity he held, though he was relatively certain he already knew the answer.

As we awaited an answer he built the structure for the fire, creating a small lean-to of branches, one supporting another, with brush in the center to light it all aflame with ease. Then he sat with a flint from his waist puch and the hilt of his blade attempting to light the small fire he had built before them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back