• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Zak of Moon

source-4.gif
Zak sat stumped n' still with dumbfounded eyes darting, trying to make sense of the computer. He was a fool with electronics, and his brain hurt as he pushed across the mouse-pad with a chimpanzee's grace and knowledge. It was enamoring though, even if he was ineffectual, so-much-so that when Mav entered Zak hardly noticed; but that changed when the boy spoke. Oh how those words snapped Moon's head like a noose to the side with annoyed eyes and high-brow; as if someone had tossed him moldy bread or rot-fruit. It was those words, so fluid and sleek like that of the High-Slaves with words Zak couldn't place and a cold tone without inflection. Moon was sure of it, this kid was....

A nerd.

"Compu... Computa was-it en? Some kinna.... Weak-world tech? Neva seen a set but if it's for studien..." Zak begins, flipping the screen shut with force and a rash smile, looking to press and prod his roomie.

"Then iont need-it see; I'll pass cozy with these" the brute adds, flashing fists with more of the same pressing arrogance and a pause; finishing with - - "Zak of Moon clan is me; and you're a sport-eh Mav? Do me a solid n' toss the big words, my learnins' the street type, not the paper's. Square with that n' we'll be aces splittin the flat..... And speak less psycho too mate!! Ya sound like a dead-eye." Final phrase joked with a short laugh and wide recline; one with feet kicked onto the table in a childish display of confidence.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
SmokingBear.jpgFairyBear.pngChanging from her school uniform into her old clothes, Chepi made sure to tuck her tool safely into the drawer of her nightstand. As much as she enjoyed Augurium and the people here, she preferred the familiarity of her own clothes. She didn’t need the unfamiliar texture of her uniform distracting her tonight. Fight club. A test of strength and skill as a warrior; or so it implied. There was never any doubt that she and Kitchi would attend.

Kitchi looked at his wife while they changed staring lovingly at her. He hoped she would like the surprises he had prepared for their anniversary... if she hadn't already discovered them that is. His thoughts drifted to home as he changed into his tribal clothes. He greatly enjoyed the familiar feeling compared to the new clothes. He wasn't really a violent person but his wife loved a good brawl so he wouldn't be one to back down. He smiled gently at her after changing.

Turning back to her husband, Chepi smiled, “Ready?”

"I'm ready my little fairy." He says embracing the chance to talk in their native tongue.

Pleased, she reached out to intertwine their hands before leading them out. To say that she was excited was an understatement. It had been so long since she had trained her physical body, focusing mostly on her spiritual one as she used her Spiritus powers around the school’s campus. Chepi needed this; as warriors, they couldn’t afford to get rusty. A comfortable silence was shared between them as they made their way to the portals, mostly because they didn’t want to get caught on the off-chance a teacher was patrolling the area.

Kitchi was the embodiment of a mother bear in a sense, he fiercely guarded Chepu and that which he had dear. He was slow to anger normally but whenever someone got between him and his wife he was fast and violent. He would stay strong for his wife and knowing she loved him was enough to drive him forward.

In contrast to how Chepi towered over her peers, she was appeared quiet small as she peeked around Kitchi’s broad form. Good, no one’s around. She wasn’t too worried but it was better to be safe than sorry, especially when she was supposed to have her husband’s back. Spying a few students doing their best to sneak through one specific portal, Chepi perked up in interest. Leaning towards Kitchi’s ear, she whispered, “That’s the one.” Carefully, they made their way towards the portal before following the other students through. The other side was shadowed, and a strange tension was in the air. Staying close to her husband’s side, she eyed their potential competition.

Kicthi stayed close beside her, ready to spring into action with a moment's notice.

Joint post with: Kyrenka Kyrenka

Mavior Eleus
Mon, Second of October, Year 500
22:15 Time for rest and recuperation

For a split second, Mavior felt as if he had held a stroke. Had that been...any form of language? Was that even common words? After a very brief moment his brain reset to standard operations. Yes, that was a form of language. Yes, those were common words, just accented. Instantaneously his brain came to the conclusion that he and his room mate were going to have dialect issues, but that shouldn't be much trouble in the long run. This only served to be a minor obstacle he would learn from and overcome. It took him a second or two, his brain having to cobble together some semblance of meaning from some of the slang he had used, coupled with the accent.

"I don't know what you mean by weak world, I'm sorry. But yes, it's for studying...or relaxation and amusement." He glanced at the fists his room mate raised, internally giving a soft huff. If he intended to pass all of his classes by punching and fighting, that was of some concern for who he was rooming with. "Outside of pugnator class, fists won't help. Though the confidence is good." He took a moment, figuring the best way to put the rest of his statement without sounding like a psycho and a 'dead-eye'. Whatever that was...though the connotation wasn't positive. Best to use his own lingo in turn, hopefully make it sound simple and clear. "I'm sorry if my wording is...trouble. If you're street learning, I am paper's...I suppose. I'm also sorry if how I speak is of trouble that is something I am stuck with. It's..." he struggled to find a word for it, genetics may be too annoying for him, not to mention he didn't like using his situation as an excuse...but given he was rooming with this person, it may be best to state it to avoid further problems. "It's a mental mutation."

He was silent for a moment, plotting his next line of thought and communication. How did one form comradarie and relationship with one? It was something he had never really considered or found he had to do, as his family was already inclined to enjoy his presense, and he had never really felt the need to interact with others in a 'companion' fashion...perhaps it was best to discuss common traits, and the day? "So your classes those went fine, I trust?"

Jet Jet

Pandora and Omar
Collab Post
Dorms to Fight Club

After his attempt to talk to Willow was abruptly cut off by the bell Omar wandered to Pandora's room before knocking on the door.

"One moment." Pandora calls out before a loud "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" Could be heard from the direct opposite of the door. A subtle impact noise resonating through the door from Mouth whacking it with its head. "Knock it off." Pandora mumbled before pushing the creature away from the door. Opening it up she smiled at seeing Omar "Hey, how has the school been so far?"

"I like it here... I made a friend already." He says with a big smile. "People don't stare as here... it's nice." He says looking at his arm. "I saw someone like me!" He says remembering Willow. "She had glowing marks everywhere."

"Oh, thats interesting. I wonder what could be the cause." Pandora mused before looking back into the room, a floating silhouette noticeable in the room. "So, I have been talking to dead people recently and I think I found one that may be willing to occupy that shell over there." Pandora says, the conversation topic a casual one for her.

Omar shrugs as he doesn't know how she ended up like him, though hopefully not via torture and experimentation. Omar silently stared at her creation with a blank expression. He was pretty used to them by now and whatever made his friend happy was fine by him.

"So... I heard about this fightclub thing... well I had a teacher give me this card." she explained before stepping out and into the hallway "Its currently figuring out how to bond with the shell so I guess I have a bunch of free time. Want to go find out what this is?" she asked before letting out a whistle. Mouth, having been sitting inert on the floor of the room suddenly jolted up before running towards Pandora.

"Sure." Omar says picking up mouth like many a time before and petting it. It was also a freak like him and he felt a special bond to it. It was the first thing that drew him to Pandora in fact. He patiently pet Mouth, waiting for Pandora to lead the way.

Pandora couldn't hide the smile when she watched Omar pick up the screaming creature. Immediately it went silent and Pandora laughed. "I think its this way." She looked down the hallway before beginning to walk down it "There is a teleporter we have to go through."

Omar follows quietly as he fumbles with a glass piece he made that looks like Pandora. He wondered when he should give it to her. Though not knowing any customs he was oblivious to any social implications doing such a thing meant in different cultures.

Coming up to the teleporter she turned back towards Omar to see him fumbling with something. As he gets closer she was able to figure out what it was "Is that me? Awh... thats sweet." Pandora says a smile on her face "May I see it?" She asks.

Omar nods timidly before he smiles as he hands it to her, he doesn't know what to say causing him to blush a little. His tail swaying back and forth with happiness. "Thank you for being my friend..." he finally replies.

Pandora takes the figure and looks it over for a short time. "And thank you for being mine, I just wish I could make things like this. Things only turn out distorted and nightmarish. Its nice to see a representation of me that isn't terrifying." Pandora says quietly, her eyes once more looking up to him "Your blushing, come on you lets get through the teleporter" Pandora chides out still holding onto the figure carefully.

Omar tries to think of something to comfort her but he can't so he hugs her briefly before following after with a nod.

Seeing him come closer to her Pandora takes a small step back before he wraps his arms around her in a hug. "Nghhh... Careful... please dont squeeze." Pandora says with a small laugh. Feeling alittle better she turns and walks through the teleporter with Omar in tow. As she exits she sees the girl with glowing tattoos standing among others not far from the, "I guess we wait over there?"

Omar's sets mouth down as they exit before his eyes light up as he sees Willow, he nods with glee at her suggestion. A foreign word comes to mind as he looks at Willow and Pandora: "family...". He never had one and the closest thing to it was when he spent time with Pandora and her father. Omar not even realizing the word escaped his lips as he looked at the two.

Note, words in italic will be defined at the bottom of the post.

Zak of Moon

source-4.gif
Out of all Mav said the mutation bit rang a bell. Mental = brain, so the kid had a mutant brain then was it? Interesting Jazz from the noodly kid who didn't know of harsh-lands. So interesting that Zak sprung from the couch feet first with leg momentum, standing with a groan-stretch and a tired "That bitch tuned my whole set" said with pained-smirk as he walked over to Mavior, looking down at his head with hand to chin like a Med-man checking dressings for the fester. "Ya maple's looking right chief, seen a bundle of mutants n' neva one without a show of it, lucky en aren't ya?" the boy quips, walking from Mavior and around the room, looking at random bits and bolts he'd never seen before, adding on "My day went like shit in a stove Mav, but that's usual see, in harsh-lands we don't eye the bad runs but the good ones. Ya lot from the easy-world; too used to good ones n' no stomach for the bad, come all weak n' stringy - - Zak explains, taking a book from atop a side-table.

"Too much eye on paper and them things" he continues, gesturing with the book to the laptop.

"That's why its the weak world see?" he finishes, chucking the book back onto the side-table with a scoff.

"What of you en? Seen you on the spar patch before my tumble with the creature. Ya fight well or get crossed?" he asks, leaning his back against the wall beside him.

Notes

1. Jazz = News​
  2. Med-Man = Doctor​
  3. Fester = When a wound goes septic​
  4. Maple = Head​
  5. Crossed = Beaten up (sourced from right/left cross)​

Last edited:
Now at a fight field near you!

Siggie Hohlt

siggie 2.jpg
At altitude air thins and the sky becomes fine crystal. If removed from the pollution of light too, the universe breaks the silence cities hold, speaking to those below. From vast star-channels blending in twists and turns to flash-meteors falling from the cosmos, to the subtle planets of the system and our own silver moon. It is beyond measure, and it connects to the primal spirit inside of us. So when Siggie of Detroit flew over the ring it wasn't fast and nimble like she'd done back home. Rather it was slow and steady, back to the ground, drifting like a leaf on magic-wind currents with wide starstruck eyes; because this was something extraordinary. Siggie'd never seen a star before, not once through Detroit's smog had one pierced. Even if an odd light could survive the trip it'd be blocked out by the big city's glow. It was a sad fact that those of Detroit were cut from the universe, but now Siggie was reunited, and it was better than she'd hoped. Sure movies and TV showed the cosmos, and books too, but to be here! To be right below it! So close one could stretch out and grab hold of the universe! Well that brought joyful tears to Siggie as she stuffed a hand into the satchel of snacking, pulling out a single serving of ice cream with a built in mini spoon. Perfection.

Scarfing down the ice cream with red drying-eyes and a sniffle, Siggie spun to face the islands below. Sure watching the stars was fun, but doing a hundred foot drop for fun would be even funner. It would also break her out of the emotional moment she was trapped in. Kind of a big punching exclamation mark to cap the experience ya-know? So stuffing the ice cream package back into the snacking satchel, Siggie zipped it up and slid her goggles into place. This was gonna be so FREAKING AWESOME!

"WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Sig screamed as she fell forward and down at the islands like a bullet, putting her magic to new use as a propellant rather than a canoe. Sure it was dumb but that was half the fun as she yelled like a warrior with another "WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH - - cut off by a loud buzz and a THWACK as something hit the back of her throat.

Cough cough, cough cough....

"Is that....?"
muses Sig as she falls, feeling something move about by her tonsils.

"OH.... MY.... GOD" she continues within, clutching her neck as she coughs and coughs and coughs, all while falling towards the maintenance island, sputtering and spinning, losing control of her body as she fires a PISSED OFF FLYING BEETLE from her cringing mouth that contorts again with a scream. This one of fear as the island's surface looms deadly close. Insect attack or not Siggie'd have to put the brakes on big time with a massive wave of wind to slow. It was a close call, one with little on the margin but it would be in her favor, and slowing to a balmy 10 MPH she'd slap against the fight-field with a dull THUD.

"Whoops.... This looks like a drug deal or something what is this?"
thinks the girl, laughing like an idiot as she sits up rubbing the back of her neck, thoroughly embarrassed as the beetle flips the bird and makes its way back into the air.

"I didn't see anything I swear" Hohlt smiles stupidly, worried a tad that this was some kind of ongoing crime scene. The type where witnesses take one way trips to the bottom of the ocean.

Last edited:

1576659824000.pngTalvyn Welsworth
Mon, the 2nd of October, Year 500
22:15 - Freetime and Sleeptime

Interactions: Lee Kyrenka Kyrenka
Talvyn was a bit happy having seen his love so recently but it was quickly fading away as he entered his dorms, he planned to give his sweet shining star a little gift later on tonight. But as of right now he was just getting out of gym and was going to spend a bit of his time in his dorm with Lee, he figured Lee would of had at least a bit of fun today and he might of even figured out something useful. But Talvyn went to his room and went under his bed to find the present he bought for Miranda earlier ago, he managed to take a few dollars to buy it as a first day of school gift for Miranda. He probably should of gave it to her on their first day on the school really but he was quite busy and was quite new with the area so he really couldn't have gotten it to her on the first day. But now he finally has her the little gift paired with a little card to top it off, he was sure to make sure that it wasn't exactly a perfect match to his handwriting just to avoid suspicion. He then set the gift back under his bed intending to take it out and set it at Mirandas doorsteps later once he speaks to his little roommate Lee. Talvyn then went out of his room to go on and greet Lee. " Hello, Lee how was your first day of classes? had any fun?"

Mavior Eleus

Impassive eyes watched the young man approach him and seemingly look him over, slowly nodding. "It is fortunate, yes. Mutations are not an unheard of fact of life, it's a world wide fact if anything." He listened patiently to his room mate, hands folded in his lap and watching him, turning his head as needed. "I see. That's an interesting way to look at it. When you say 'harsh-lands', do you happen to mean the deadzones?" He stopped talking for a bit, brain working. If his room mate was from a dreadzone, that was increasingly interesting, and this arrangement could only lead to him learning more than already anticipated.

"I can understand what you mean, we do value learning. But with it, many have found successes. Warriors making strategy and combat techniques, and with that comes more power. I would be happy to loan you a book or two, if you have interest in that subject. They have recounted many...less than ideal situations that they won." At his mention of how he faired in his bout in sparring, he blinked, mildly confused. Was this still small talk, or did he actually have concern for how he faired? "Succesful. I preformed a take down on my opponent, while avoiding being hit. Though, neither of us seemed to have been in a fight before. My studying was what saved me...against someone who had experience, I would have been defeated with ease I think."

"So, how do you plan to spend the rest of your evening? I am frankly exhausted...and once I let my body admit that, I'll allow myself thirty minutes of rest, before going back to my studies. And you?"

Jet Jet

~Lee Owens~

Lee Owens.jpg Lee was in the kitchen facing away from the door, so he didn't notice Talvyn when the older boy had first entered and then drifted over to his room. The freshly showered redhead was too busy staring intently at the fridge while standing in his pajamas. Should I get a job? The teachers had mentioned that students could get jobs that would pay them, but they didn't need to since the cafeteria was free. Pouting at the barren fridge, Lee closed the door. I want ice cream. If he got a job he could buy all sorts of snacks, right? The cafeteria was nice and all, but they didn't let students take lots of food to hoard in their room. Oh! With money I could get something for Talvyn too! Mom had always told him that if someone did something nice for him that it was polite to give them a thank you card or gift. A gift would be better, right? He's been helping me a lot! Plus, Lee now knew how to make eggs thanks to the older boy! But does he even like anything that isn't Miranda? Scratching his head in thought, he didn't notice that his roommate had reappeared until he spoke.

Startled out of his thoughts, the redheaded boy turned around with a bright smile. "Talvyn!" Bounding over to his roommate, Lee began chattering away, "Classes were cool! Ms. Ellania is my favorite teacher, but we were smashing boulders and the guy next to me was really tough so it scared me but now I want to be strong too! I met so many people and I got to lift weights at the Ring with a big kid! Oh! And I got these!" Holding out his hands with pride, Lee let the older boy examine the twin Tungsten rings that adorned both hands. "It's my mana tool! Did you get one too?" Although Talvyn was a Vene Navitas like Lee, he was also a Vene Tenebris and had decided to make the latter his main element. That means he'd get something different, right? He wasn't a Duplex so he wasn't sure, but he knew that the older boy had to have gotten something!

((Interacting with Peckinou Peckinou 's Talvyn | Mentioned Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Ms. Ellania))

~Liliana Bermudez~

LFB.jpg Exhausted didn't even begin to cover how Liliana felt. Her body wasn't sore since she and Venissa didn't do much aside from float, but that didn't change the fact that she was beat. She had even fallen asleep while taking her shower and had woken up to Them propping her up like a limp mannequin. Although she was awake at that point, the shadowy presence had lingered worriedly until she had collapsed onto her bed. I should probably get under the covers. Whining, she got back to her feet and yawned. Immediately, the shadowy arms of Them shot out from her own shadow and yanked the covers back. Somewhat bewildered, she watched as They gently fluffed her pillow before retreating back into her shadow once again. "Thanks," she said. A tendril popping up to pat her leg was the only reply They gave. Grateful but still overwhelmingly tired, Liliana once again collapsed onto her bed. She didn't even bother reaching for the covers because, sure enough, They reached out once again to tuck her in. This time she only mustered a soft hum of appreciation before closing her eyes. I hope that tomorrow is a good day. With that, Liliana fell asleep.

((Mentioned Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Venissa))

~María de los Ángeles~

Maria.jpg Miranda was...checked out to put it mildly. Judging by the younger girl's worn expression, she had absorbed about 0% of what María had just said. She's getting crabby too, the brunette noted with some irritation. Once again she held in a sigh. Teenagers. The soldier herself had never been rebellious or moody during her adolescence, but she knew that she was an outlier. With a curt, "Sure," María gestured towards the bathroom. The dorms only had one, so the older woman would have to wait her turn. Not that she minded though, the soldier was already well acquainted with long hours of training and the exhaustion that came with it. I'll have to talk to her again, or maybe even just leave a note. Just to make sure the message got through. Getting up, the brunette padded over towards her room. Although Miranda wouldn't have an answer for a while, it didn't hurt to make a list preemptively. Besides, organizing and planning helped to settle María's nerves after a long day. Keeping her door open in order to hear Miranda when she was finished with her shower, the brunette sat down at the desk in her room, pulled out a pen and some paper, and began writing down the things that Miranda might need.

((Interacting with Blackrose7 Blackrose7 's Miranda))

1576720349640.png
Hira Graves

Interactions: Gavin Kyrenka Kyrenka
Hira was sitting on the couch looking up at the ceiling as of right now, usually back home her friends would likely pounce on her if they saw her like this. Although she did sorta miss the occasional rough housing between her and their friends even if she someone occasionally got hurt. Although she was brought out of thoughts when she heard her roommates voice which was something about him taking a shower or what not. She then decided to yell back "Alright, but if you use up all the hot water ill be sure that you will never wanna use it again!" she pretty much replied back with a dead serious voice in her tone. She honestly hated cold water and taking a shower in cold water would really tick her off. She sighed a bit before getting up from the couch and making their way over to the fridge grabbing a chunk of raw meat and not even bothering to cook it she straight up took a bite out of it chewing on it as she made her way back to the coach. She then jumped over the coach plopping herself right back down on it as she took another bite from the chunk of meat intending to finish her little snack before Gavin could finish his shower. Her roommate was not a good fighter for someone his size , usually back home people his size were pretty well versed in combat and were pretty much brutes when it came to strength. She was starting to feel a bit homesick just thinking of all the things from back home so she continued munching on the raw meat as she waited for Gavin to finish his shower so that she could enter herself.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles (if you need a translate for dialogue lmk)

Zak of Moon

maxresdefault-13.jpg
This kid can talk n' talk n' talk? Zak thought, bewildered and amused; for it was odd the way he mono-tone monologued for the long haul. It was unfamiliar and foreign, a way unheard in the slave-slum where long-form was swapped with jarring one liners and insults, quips and barbs, muttering complaints and barks littered with foul-talk. Rarely would a pair sit table-side and chop words long style, that was for the old birds. What ruled the street was laconic, fostered by bountiful depression and poor education. So to Moon this was like a river-trip to see passing fish mutates, an experience of discovery, passing a smile's ghost over Zak's face as Mav fired away.

Something though, would tumble Moon's amusement to all out laughter; Mavior's intimidation about bookreading. As if Zak would consider picking up a book... the earth had better chance of inverting. Zak was embarrassed he could read in the first place, it was an unwanted holdover from the time before. So moving from sly smile to laugh Zak rode out Mav's last ask with a fox-grin, belting out - - "Reading! Books? Keep em man, I'd use em for the loo; n' not as a time-pass" said amused with a deep lean into the wall and a tired blink advising sleep. He'd fight it off though like a wounded boar, raising heavy lids as Atlas to sky and standing straight he'd mutter a-sudden "But yeah mate, I'm from a dead-zone" in a drained, somber tone with mind flashing to dark-pained memories.

A small stumble he'd rebound from with a re-energized - - "We care of learnin, just differents' all....... issa-about this" Zak explains, leaning over a chair with scarred knuckles held afront. "No sub for-it, pound at the rock day-in-an-out, learn by doin. Ya right bout whatya said... you'd be crossed in-a flash verse a man whose done-it, the words ya read dont matter" argues the kid, knowing the ignorance of his position but sticking to it of principle, adding on a final - - "Shit man, I say fuck ya-studies, I could trade shots with ya'. Keep me fit n' show you the trade" offered with a calloused hand held out in a fist.

Last edited:
Mavior Eleus
The male stalled for a moment, trying to grasp what he had said that was so amusing to earn full on laughter. As he explained, his brain continued it's machinations. Ah...he really does believe in the 'punch first, question never' philosophy then. "Ah, I see. Very well then, the choice is your own, but the offer shall stand." He went silent as Zak confirmed he was from a deadzone, inquiries fighting with that small portion of his brain that was ruled by the social convention. What he could ask, the knowledge he could learn from asking, it was something to consider. But alas...angering the one he'd spending a while with in confined space was a poor choice, both for the long term, and his short term health. "I see. I will not prod on further on that subject, I respect the privacy you are entitled too."

Keeping his monotone gaze level with the male, he ran a quick mental check of his faculties. Could he stand? Yes. Was it wise to engage in combat and sparring? Absolutely not. Would it be worth it, for this moment? No. These possibilities and more weighed in triplicate, he slowly shook his head. "I'm afraid I will have to pass. I am ill built physically, due to many...backgrounds." He couldn't outright state that too, was a mutation in the fact he was simply physically weaker than peers, it was already enough he had to divulge one failing. "By my figuring, further exertion will render me...unconscious, well into tomorrow afternoon. I do however, appreciate the offer, and may consider taking it you up on it, when I am feeling more apt."

Fishing his phone from his pocket he scrolled through the settings of it, coming to a stop on the clock/timer, setting it for thirty minutes. Thirty minutes, he could allocate himself this, then get studies and reading in, and then turn in for a full rest that evening. "I am preparing an alarm for thirty minutes, which I will turn on when I lay down to rest. Until that time, is there anything you would like to know of me? We will be in the same living situation for some time, it is only fair I extend the offer to you." Setting his phone down beside him, he folded his hands in his lap. "I must admit I have found the interaction this far..." Enjoyable? No, to strong a word. Fun? Definitely not. Serene? Interesting? No to the first, to the second...that would do. "Uniquely interesting, in good fashion."

Jet Jet (Zak Moon)

1576967034624.png~ The Lounge ~
22:20, The Clearing on a Maintenance Island
Fifteen new Unum Forus managed to make their way here. Sixty-three students were returning from other tiers. The usual twenty-four staff and vendors, of course, showed. One-hundred-three total for this first meeting.

Impressive, Ellania thought to herself as she glanced around the crowd. A teacher had informed the newbies of the existence of this little club... not strictly allowed, but hey, she wasn't going to complain. They were, of course, up an Ultima this year, with Ellania asking to premiere it again for the first time in a long time. She was almost nervous.

As the crowd began to settle into their respective places, Miss Fortune stepped out into the middle of the sandy field. The entirety of this maintenance island was themed as a desert and had scars running throughout it that nodded to past fights. Though she spoke from far away and didn’t yell, she could be heard fairly easily by everyone, as if she were only a few meters away.

1576969190767.png“Wow. What a turn out. Guess going to school doesn’t make you that smart, huh?” she asked the crowd in a mock surprised tone. She got a few laughs here and there, but many people were simply excited to get started. She smirked and continued, “I know, I know. You’re here to pummel faces and work out disputes on who has the biggest dick in your Patronus or Pugnator course, not hear some hag chatter on. Well, too bad, because there are a few rules that these few, brave, stupid fresh-meat newbies need to know if you want to keep doing that. I’ll make the first one clear right now. This place is called The Lounge, and you’re to never say that name in public, or around those uninitiated. Rule one of The Lounge: Don’t talk about The Lounge. If you want to drag some other poor sod into this ring, you make sure they know the rules. If not, YOU’RE the one paying the price on that front.”

“Speaking of which, rule two and three for those sadists out there. You can hurt people here. Pretty bad, too. Break someone's limbs, rupture some organs, but a tap out is a tap out, and if you don’t stop, you’ll be the one tapping. A knock out also counts, but let me make this clear: There is no killing here. Gallons of blood have graced this field, but none of it from a jugular, and that isn’t changing. That’s rule two. Rule three is that you Fight Fair. Fair meaning that if you’re armed, you’re fighting other armed people. Cowardice is not an option, at least not that way. Speaking of cowardice, rule four: matches are agreed upon in advance and you both sign up. When you do, you don’t get to leave mid-fight, or you’ll get your shit kicked in. HOWEVER! You don’t have to plan it with them. You can sign both you and another up, and you can get signed up. But if they didn’t know, they do get to refuse; they may have other plans, after all, and other asses to kick. If you start fighting in the spectator area, you’ll get a quick trip down to the ocean, and it’ll be a few minutes before rescue gets there. Got it? The fights stay in the ring. Rule five, and this is a big one. For any injuries you get here, the only healing you get is up to and only up to the point that you can still participate in classes. You get seen without bandages where they should be, and you’ll find those wounds making a real damn nasty comeback, and no security will be on the way. When you’re asked about your wounds, you say you got them fishing, and not a damn thing more. They’ll fix you up until you can keep up with your classes again.”

1576969307569.png“Now, all that bullshit said and done, who’s ready to kick the good part of this school year off? And to start it for us are those two,” she announced, pointing to Taram and Sylvia. A tendril of energy reached out as quick as lightning, scooping the two up before dropping them into the off-color dirt of the arena, "Sounds like a good combination, a Tres Forus as well as a teacher. Now, Sylvia is teaching a Spiritus class for the Unum Forus, but as often as she comes to the Lounge, we don't often get to see her fight."

Ellania brought a microphone out of seemingly nowhere and clicked it on, hidden speakers broadcasting her voice, "She's a tough cookie, and despite not going for Ultima courses, Sylvia has taken every single course this school has to offer otherwise. She's an absolute glutton for knowledge, a tiny little contender with impressive might, we welcome her tonight. Our other contender, Taram, is a Tres Forus who aspires to become an Ultima. Spiritus versus Tenebris, these sorts of fights get messy quick. Try to keep your eyes peeled or you may get confused, and pull up a chair to enjoy the match!"

As she spoke, a number of chairs came up from the ground, comfortable, if a little cold.

"Ready!? Fight!" she shouted, moving from in between the two of them to out on the sidelines before you could blink.

Kyrenka Kyrenka

1576975674719.png~ Sylvia ~
22:25 - The Lounge
Sylvia squeaked as she was lifted up by an unseen force and plopped into the ring with a Tres Forus.

"Really Ellania?!" she grumbled, shouting at the Ultima with tiny balled-up fists. She wasn't much of a fighter... she just wanted to watch. Heck, spiritus wasn't great for this sort of one on one fight. It was great for subterfuge and sneaky stuff and all that. Rocketing someone out of their body wasn't good for a sparring match. It wasn't a fun or fair feeling.

Sylvia looked Taram up and down. Tenebris, huh? she thought to herself, Not exactly a great mix... tentacles and portals versus the power of mind and soul stuff. Great. She sighed and rolled her eyes as Ellania started off the fight officially.

Fine. I guess we're doing this then.

She reached into her hood and brought down a pair of purplish crystal glasses onto the rim of her nose, before crouching down and bringing up her fists in defense. In her opponent's mind, she spoke {Sorry about this fight. I didn't really want to, but eh. We can make a show for the newbies though! Let's make it a good one. I hope I don't get too hurt though...}

Kyrenka Kyrenka

~Taram Isa~

Taram Best.jpg Taram should've expected it, but it still came as a surprise when she was unceremoniously scooped up and plopped back down into the crude dirt 'ring'. Ah, the joys of being an upper classmen, she mused somewhat sarcastically. She really wasn't bothered though. All eyes, new and veteran, were on her. The blonde couldn't help but preen at the attention, waving and even blowing a few kisses towards the crowd. Despite the cocky display, she wasn't an idiot; the Tres Forus kept her opponent in her peripheral and as soon as she saw movement her gaze zeroed back onto Sylvia. The glasses the smaller woman was now wearing were blatantly different from the beginner ones given to the students. That's to be expected though. Facing a teacher not only meant facing a stronger and more experienced opponent, you'd also be facing someone with a mana tool that was more tailored to them. Pulling out her own school issued paintbrush from the waist of her shorts, Taram just smiled in response to Sylvia's telepathic message. She wasn't planning on hurting the teacher...much. It wasn't very fun to pick on someone that wasn't as good as you in combat. Unless they deserve it. Giving Sylvia a small wave, Taram let darkness drip from the tip of her hairbrush and gather at her feet into a giant puddle. Immediately she fell into the hole that closed up as soon as she was swallowed up. Teleportation was a harder move to master, which made it so much fun to show off. The other end of the portal appeared up in the air, directly above Sylvia. As she exited the portal, Taram aimed her foot at Sylvia's head. The blonde was planning to use the teacher's head to cushion her fall, but she was also prepared to land on the packed dirt too in case her opponent dodged.

((Interacting with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Sylvia))

Zak of Moon

giphy-89.gif

"Likewise but ya killin' me mate, here I was ready for anotha-round; n' I'll hold-ya to it ace! You'll be king-a-da ring by year-end" Moon begins, buying time as he pieces together what Mav had said. A difficult task in some spots with words like exertion and render bouncing off his head like Alien mind-waves to tin foil hats. It was doable though, like a sod-brick building puzzled piece by piece and through it Zak understood the weird phrases and the alarm situation.

It seemed that the small metal square was some kind of electronic device with a touch based screen, one displaying electric rooms, each with a unique purpose. It was like the symbols on the... What was it? The computer? Computer screen? Only this one was way smaller. It was interesting even if it were of the weaker-world. Whatever it was it was gonna hold Mav to a thirty minute nap which seemed absurd. Why he was handicapping himself was beyond Zak but the badlander didn't care to question. A man's choices were his own, even if they cost health and steady mind. So focusing instead on the last bit about return questions Moon narrowed his right eye with his left expanding equally, and with a hand to chin he thought of something to fill the silence.

"You see any gals worth a look?" Zak asks amused, leaning in over the chair again with a canine smile.

"Idda laid it down with-ahhhh... What's the name...." Moon continues, trying honest to recall Seryva's name, relenting with - - "Miss spar teach, but too cold a heart she-as..... n' she sumn-kinda mutie. But lookin-bout the prospects is top class" the badlander explains arrogant and eager to see Mavior's input on the awkward topic. Because as brutal as it were, Mav seemed the inexperienced type, one detached from the mingling scene. His reaction would be something amusing if Zak wagered a guess, and the street kid wasn't above finding humor in his roomie. Perhaps he'd have a percent calculation on the chance of getting with a girl at the school? Maybe some kind of reference to ratios? Perhaps even a spreadsheet would make an appearance? For better or worse it seemed the right thing to ask in the moment.

Last edited:
Mavior Eleus
22:20 Time for rest and recuperation
Listening to Zak's question, an awkward silence filled his brain, something he was uniquely unaccustomed to. Women, especially on the subject of finding one attractive and worth 'mingling' with, was as alien a thought to him, as a computer was to Zak. "You mean the pugnator teacher, Miss Seryva? I'd expect any attempts to 'mingle' with here would be drasticly low...but I don't know enough to be certain on that subject...for myself?" A look of concentration crossed his features, before he slowly shook his head. "I cannot say anyone is, as you put it, 'worth a look'. I honestly do not expect to encounter one, but I could be surprised. I have about only a five point oh percentage interest in that sort of interaction with the opposing sex, and zero percent interest in the same. However, in the former's case, I could be surprised...however, I doubt it."

Slowly leaning his head back into the head area of where he sat, his gaze went upwards towards the ceiling. "I fear that is all I have to offer on that subject. While I identify myself as 'straight', I simply do not have interest in women at this point in time...What classes are you attending, if I may offer a question in turn? What is your magic? I, myself, am in the pugnator class, and in vitae, as well as magister...I am aware of the irony with my first class choice in the first fashion. I plan to take every applicable course, so I started with my roughest point...that is why your offer to spar will be kept in close mind."

Jet Jet

1577234505713.png~ Sylvia ~
Shit. Immediately into a hole. Her opponent disappeared into shadows and she had a fraction of a second to respond.

Luckily, she was already in part prepared and knew where she was to appear, thanks to her spiritus sight. It only allowed her a few seconds ahead into the future, a web of possible timelines that she had to manage to sort through, but a few seconds was more than enough. She was small and spry and leapt out of the way of the incoming foot.

How did she want to go about this? Tire out the kid? That would probably take too long. This was the first fight of the year and she didn't want it to be some shitty little scrap. How then...?

Hallucinations sounded good!

Sylvia crouched down and stopped her momentum in part with her hands against the dirt. She used this as the basis for her stage she would set up. It would be tiring, but she wanted to make sure not only her target could see them - putting on a show for the audience and all. She appeared to split into multiples of herself, all of them, including the original, twitching and hazing like a messed up hologram.

All of them spoke at once, twelve in total, "How should we pick you apart?"

"With our fingers, like little claws?"

"Easy, with our mind!"

"With words might be fun."

A number of them spoke, bickering slightly. About a third of them grinned.

"Well, why not try your luck now, little bird? Even if you know what I'm doing, that doesn't mean you aren't going to see it all the same."

Kyrenka Kyrenka

1577236868157.png~Nayr~
The Lounge, around 22:25
This was the opposite of what she wanted to do right now. She wanted to be the one in the fight, not watching it. She pouted, cheeks puffing out a bit as she watched the movements of the two fighters. They were better than her. They'd kick her ass and she totally wanted them to. Watching was only getting her riled up!

She eyed the other students that sat or stood watching. Most looked to be enjoying watching the fight. She was too antsy. This was too annoying. Nayr bit her lower lip and let out a long sigh of breath. She'd come back later. There were bound to be other students who'd fight ahead of her, and she wanted to calm down. If she didn't before it was actually her turn, all she'd do was hurt herself or someone else.

As she walked off, back towards the teleporter, small pools of inky darkness were left in her prints.
The Ring
Nayr headed back to her dorm, to The Ring, though she didn't really intend to sleep. She did feel a little hungry though and wondered what might be in their fridge. Hotdogs? Pizza? Mmm... maybe some mashed potatoes? Chicken sounded good too... but she didn't want regular old chicken. She wanted... like... Emu-chicken. A big roasted bird... full of garlic-infused stuffing... Mm. She was practically salivating at the thought.

She was drawn out of her thoughts by the realization that she was completely and utterly lost. What the hell was her room number...? Which section was she in...? Fuck. Her cheeks turned a little flush, embarrassed by the thought. That soon dissipated. She would find her room by random, and if not her room, then she would find some new friends... hopefully, anyone asleep actually thought to lock their doors!

Nayr clasped her hands together, Okay let's go!

She started on the first door near her. Locked.
Second door. Locked.
... damn it. Third door? Also locked. This was gonna take a hot minute.

After a few more doors, she finally came upon one that was unlocked and opened it with fervor. The handle thunked against the wall and she really wasn't immediately sure if this was her place or not. She supposed all of the apartments have the same layout. She didn't think about that before... Well... if anyone was here, they probably knew about her entrance now!

She moved to the kitchen and into the fridge. She was still hungry. Fuck it.

Jet Jet ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Zak of Moon

source-4.gif
More of the same mad-talk from Mav the madman burned holes in Zak's head. It was one thing to context his lingo but comprehending the bit about relationships....? "While I identify myself as 'straight', I simply do not have interest in women at this point in time" he'd said....

WHAT?

And then to move past it like nothing weird had been said!!!! Of course there were queer folk back home, Zak knew of the persuasion.... but someone with no interest in anything?!? Like a fuckin' desert with lust as the missing water? This was just.... different.... Must be head-rot Zak would think as Mav kept it moving, paying the incredible statement zero mind. It was like he'd mentioned an item off a tax return? How could he downplay such a thing? No chance Zak could leave sleeping dogs! So with Mav wrapping words Zak jammed the exchange with a loud "Hol-up" with palms out and "Wait-a-lick gee, ya-not gonna bury at' bit about the gals" said after with legitimate concern. That was just the start though....

"Ya-not with nuffin?? No gals, no guys?" questions the mind-blown badlander who wheels around the couch's back, inspecting Mav's head once more for symptoms. Some from home had physical signs, Zak knew of many (five or six) and of the odds n' ills of the slave-slum one applied here. "Must-be dat' mutie shit ya mentioned; fuckin' with wirin" Moon diagnoses, index tapping temple before adding on with "Has to be- -

Unfortunate to lose the punchline, because he'd stop short at the third word to a door's creak and a new entry. A girl of mild stature it was, an attractive one with white hair and purple eyes. It was a sudden twist and Zak was stunned silent! But not of something admirable; this surprise held bubbling anger, because the girl didn't do any-a-custom. She'd walked in without so much as a head nod and gone straight to the kitchen! Even worse was her dive to the fridge! As if it were her home! Even Moon knew better!

Oh hell no

"Ay-ay-ay what's this en' " Zak barks, storming to the kitchen with a scowl as he slams shut the refrigerator door. He'd have none of it, and grilling Nayr he adds a sarcastic - - "Didn't know we ad' a third?" and a biting "You take it you buy it" as he puts hand to fridge-door; leaning on it to say physically - - "mine".

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Mavior Eleus
22:25 Time for rest and recuperation
Stopping his train of thought at Zak's interjection, he slowly lifted his head up from the back of the couch, turning his eyes on him. He was...concerned? Over what, his lack of interest in the feminine sex? He had said he had no interest in the same ex, and he had made the fact clear he was heterosexual, why was there cause for alarm? "Correct, I have no interest in either party. I feel no biological interest, nor psychological interest...are you looking for something?" Mav kept his head straight as Zak more or less examined his skull which was, by and far, perfectly fine. Hair was a bit out of place from the day, but besides that, his head was fine. At the assumption that his mutation was 'fucking with wiring', he took a moment...that was...true, to an extent. "That is a unique way of saying that, but ye-"

Mav's attention shifted with Zak's as a girl walked in, recollection clicking in his head. That was one of the students from Pugnator that he had...'missed'. Her name was...Nayr, yes that was correct. Though she seemed less interested in making small talk and more so heading right for the kitchen...how had she gotten in? Had he not locked the door? A quick mental recap revealed that no, he had not. Regrettable, but minor error in a by and large acceptable day. Standing up with a soft noise of pained exhaustion, he stretched an arm across his chest before starting towards the kitchen, a bit later behind Zak.

Stopping short of the pair, his brain worked in silence. The only logical explanation for her charging the kitchen is that she was deprived of food in dangerous fashion, as no one in the right mind was that poor in manners...even he was better than that, and many mannerisms were...illogical. "You are Nayr, correct? You're from the Pugnator class." A brief moment before he realized that he had technically missed that class, so he had to explain. "I had failed to attend in traditional fashion, I had watched through a unique set of glasses so I did not miss it during an...inconvenience. It is nice to meet you."

Turning his attention to Zak, he tilted his head a bit to the side, his usual emotionless expression still going strong. "If she has neglected to introduce herself, then her body's need for food far outweighs any thought of formality...If she is hungry, I will cover any expenses needed for what she takes. Depriving one of food is by far more cruel than them barging in unannounced, correct?" Turning his attention to Nayr, he scanned her features for a moment, memorizing it all to detail, much like he had his own room mate. Slowly, he extended an arm out, bowing his head a bit. "I am Mavior Eleus...it is nice to formally meet you."

Jet Jet Deathkitten Deathkitten

1577255687851.png~Nayr~
The Ring Dorms
The rather expected conflict came up once it was made apparent that there were people in the room and this was not in fact her place. No surprise there. She turned to face Zak, then Mavior, and slammed her palm against the counter, "I am SO lost. I don't remember where my dorm is. I have tried like seven different rooms and this was the first one unlocked so I came in. I am so hungry and decided that I might as well give up caring because apparently I won't find my room tonight."

She let out a long sigh and took Mavior's hand, too hungry to notice the slightly strange feeling in the back of her mind, "Sorry for barging in. I'm Nayr Ferial." Her name would be cause for surprise for those who know of Ultima families. Hers is a long line full of Ultima. "I am legitimately so impossibly lost though. I went to the... er... wait. I can't talk about it. Right. I went to go fight and stuff, but I couldn't just spar people, so I went back here to chill out for a bit. Long story short though, I'm bored, hungry, and lost."

"You're both in Pugnator. So am I, obviously. I'm also in Vitae," she explained, looking down at her feet in defeat. Little pools of ink-like darkness continued to well up, barely visible. She bit her lip at that realization though and tried to reign in her emotions. "I can leave... would... I mean, if I need to leave... can either of you help me find my dorm? Please?"

Jet Jet ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Jade S.
"Everything has its place"

IMG_20191128_101452.jpg
Everything in the world has a fate. Objects and people alike, set among crystal gold gears ticking synchronic; forming a single timepiece. The order of creation as it were, embodied in the work of a watch-man with master-touch ordering the world absolute. It can teach the astute a lesson of place and purpose, one found long ago when Jade had built a watch. It was for practical experience in assembly she'd been told, but what stuck wasn't the build itself but the way it echoed the world. How it mirrored society spot for spot, she could see the analogue clear as day. How each person had a unique position in society. How some were meant to mantle the apex like bezeled hands, while others existed beneath as bond and cog. Most were the latter, the unlucky masses unknowing of what lay above and unambitious to attain it. Tattered and ragged at the belly they were ignorant and uncultured; and they surrounded her at this... Fight Club.

A Savage practice she'd heard of upon late arrival, the kind of activity for the dregs she'd typically avoid, but not tonight. It was worthy of her attendance, if only to work on recent inventions; well that and to make an early statement.That the era of pure magic was dead, and that magitech... Shirato Magitech, would replace its power. She'd prove it in a big way too, by winning a fight without moving a step.

A bold idea, but Jade was iron-confident. The others around her were used to sparring against magic sure, but against genius? She wasn't impressed by the mage capabilities on display either, the hornets alone could counter the clone technique. It all seemed so attainable, bringing a sly smirk to Jade's face as she walked through the crowd and to the field, stopping only at an abrupt bump from the side. Someone had bumped into her??? The side eye was viper fast, snapping 90 degrees right to a strawberry blonde girl with a red cap and a sheep's smile who spilled out - - "Oh um! I'm sorry! I uhhh.... I Didn't see you!" in a joyful tone, answered opposite by Jade who spits back "Watch where you walk, rattle your head any more and you'll lose what little's left inside it" to a stunned silent Siggie who stares perplexed, confused by the aggression. She'd receive no answers though, as a moment later Jade would move on, seeking a worthy-looking opponent within the rabble.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back