• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
1574603124863.png~ Nayr ~
Mon, the 2nd of October, Year 500
19:30 - Fitness Class, The Ring, Sparring
Nayr stood around like a doof not sure what she wanted to do. All three of the activities sounded good, but at the same time, without magic, they all sounded so boring. So... so boring. Eventually, she sighed and began walking around, looking for other people who seemed lost or undecided.

Bingo! A cute girl with a horrifying monstrosity next to her. Perfect. She bounded up to the girl and scooped up Mouth without hesitation, holding it like a large cat or something, "Well hi! What's your name? And what's the name of this cool little thing?? I think you were in my Vitae class, yeah? With Mr. Carmine? Super cool!"

"Not gonna lie, you looked pretty well and truly lost. Unsure of what to do. So, here I am to save the day!" she crooned, smiling big all the while. Nayr lifted Mouth up above her head with one hand like it weighed nothing, "So, whatcha say? Wanna do a bit of fighting?"

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

~Guiren Nyverk~
19:15 - Fitness Class, The Ring

GN..jpg Ian had noticed the shifting ground below him and managed to avoid the pitfall. Guiren moved in for a low kick, but he was out of energy; the taller boy was sluggish and clumsy now, which only frustrated him more as the swordsman seemed to effortlessly dodge him once more. Fucker! He opened his mouth to hurl more profanities at Ian, but he stumbled. Suddenly finding himself on the ground, Guiren watched with confusion as the world around him tilted and darkened. Oh. Maybe he really should've listened to the teachers' warnings. He had never passed out before from overexerting himself, but that didn't mean it couldn't happen. The dark-haired student fought with his body for a bit, trying to make it get back up and continue his fight with Ian, but nothing happened and pretty soon he lost consciousness.

((Interacting with EldridSmith EldridSmith | Deathkitten Deathkitten because a teacher will probably notice by now that Guiren was using magic and passed out))

~María de los Ángeles~

Maria.jpg María turned her head at Miranda's shout, but immediately halted and whirled around in order to catch the girl that had catapulted herself towards the soldier. She grunted at the impact, but didn't stumble. Her first instinct was to be mad; they weren't supposed to be using their powers and Miranda could've seriously hurt herself! Letting out a breath as she put Miranda back onto the ground, María squashed her anger. Positive reinforcement is the most effective training method. Granted, she had read that in a book about training animals, but people were animals too, right? It was still a valid training method. Deciding to ignore that little burst of magic, the brunette gave her roommate a small smile. "I guess I owe you dessert." Noticing the upset atmosphere surrounding Miranda, María did her best to offer comfort. "Don't worry if you couldn't keep up this time. I've had lots of training and am much older than you. It takes practice, and I'm sure if you keep it up you'll be even faster than me." It wasn't a lie. Miranda was fast for her age and if she honed that natural agility she would become a formidable opponent. For now, she'll have to work hard to reach that point. Gesturing for the younger girl to join her, the soldier said, "Come on, let's walk a few laps on the track to cool down. It'll keep us from passing out." While she hadn't felt any of the tell tale signs of fainting, she didn't want to risk it; especially with Miranda. The teachers had said that overexerting themselves could cause them to pass out, which meant that a cool down period was especially important now.

((Interacting with Blackrose7 Blackrose7 's Miranda))

9038_7_1080p.jpg
Steve Freeling
Monday, October 2, Year 500
Mr. Artor seems pleased. At least I'm doing something right. Magical water, huh? Within minutes, he finished up and exited the pool. Steve found that something did feel different from all the other times he'd gone swimming. He looked down to find not a drop of water on him. I'm dry. I guess he wasn't lying when he said the water was magical. He couldn't believe his eyes when looking at the other students.
"Kuso, naze daremoga totemo hikan-teki ni mieru nodesu ka?"*
Damn, why does everyone look so gloomy?
Akemimarra Akemimarra Deathkitten Deathkitten EldridSmith EldridSmith Kyrenka Kyrenka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
~Lee Owens & Gavin Heidrich~

Gavin.jpg Lee's hands hovered nervously near the bar as Gavin did his sets. What if he drops it? Am I allowed to use magic to catch it? He assumed so, since helping someone was more important than letting them die via weights. Staring at the brunet's neck, he wondered if the bar was heavy enough to chop off his neck completely if it fell. The redhead wasn't able to explore that train of thought for too long, as Gavin reached up to finally put the bar back into place. Sweat made his hair stick to his face, but the older boy ignored it in favor of grinning up to Lee. "How'd I do?"

Offering up a smile of his own, Lee replied, "That was fifty!" The brunet groaned as he lifted himself up into a sitting position. The redhead continued to linger near Gavin as the older boy massaged his arms in silence for a few minutes.

"That was actually a lot harder than I was expecting." Standing up with a stretch, the brunet continued, "You'll probably better at this than me though since you're Navitas."

Lee glanced at the other boy's hands and the Tungsten rings sitting on his fingers. "A...aren't you Navitas too?"

Gavin seemed to follow his gaze and glanced down to the rings. "Oh shit you're right." The younger boy waited for the brunet to say something else but after a few beats of silence it became clear that that was the end of that particular conversation. "Sooooo." The older boy gestured to the bench, "Want to give it a shot?" Lee's gaze flicked between Gavin and the weights nervously. Luckily, the brunet seemed to sense his apprehension. "You don't have to use those weights! We can make it lighter!" Dutifully, he began unfastening the weights and putting them back on a nearby rack. "The bar itself is like, what? Thirty, maybe forty pounds? That's more than enough for you." Pounds? Lee tried to remember what kind of unit that was. Isn't that a North America thing? Is thirty pounds heavy? It couldn't be that much. Gavin was his friend after all; he wouldn't give Lee something he couldn't handle! Trying his best to remain confident, memories of his caster class floated through his head. He wanted to be strong! He wanted to impress his teachers, he didn't want to cry again. An image of him punching and shattered one of Ms. Ellania's boulders popped up in his mind. He could definitely do that! I just need to get stronger! Settling down on the bench, Lee squirmed until he was in the proper position below the bar and waited for Gavin to finish drinking from a bottle of water he had apparently brought with him. "OK," the brunet began as he set his water down, "Keep your legs flat on the ground there bud." Lee let the older boy adjust his body as he began explaining what to do and what not to do.

Lee Owens.jpg
Rubbing his suddenly sweaty hands on his pants, the redhead grabbed the bar and glanced up at Gavin, searching for approval. The brunet nodded, "That's good! Remember to keep your elbows bent! Don't worry, I'm right here!" Shakily, Lee was able to lift the bar up. With the older boy's supervision and encouragement, he was able to do about ten repetitions before giving up. "You did great! Stan Lee would be so proud of you!" Stan Lee? He wasn't really sure who that was, but if Gavin thought that he was important than he must be, right? Lee stared at the upside down face of his new friend hanging over him, "You should drink some water and take a break, you don't want to overexert yourself on the first day." Sitting up in order to accept a bottle of water from the older boy, shuddered at the feeling of sweat trickling down his back. "So!" Lee nearly choked in surprise at the volume that Gavin was speaking at, but he recovered quickly enough. "What'd you think? Have any questions?"

Lee thought about it for a moment, before smiling at his new friend. "It was hard, but I liked it!" He paused a bit before asking, "What does 'shit' mean?" The easy-going smile on Gavin's face was immediately replaced with a strange mixture of horror and realization. The brunet sputtered for a bit before hastily pointing to another piece of equipment and explaining how to use it. It was a little frustrating to have his question ignored, but the redheaded boy didn't let it get to him. I can just ask Talvyn when I get back to the dorm.

((Interacting with myself lol | Mentioned Peckinou Peckinou 's Talvyn))

Monday. October 2nd. Year 500. The pool.

Chamile floated around in the water for a bit before giving up on finding conversation, taking her frustration out in her exercises. It was hard to maintain her optimism when everyone looked so...dejected. Having missed classes until now, she had no idea why everyone was so aggravated... no that wasn't the right word. Aggravation implies some amount of energy, and these people where so out of it they almost look liked they where swimming in sand instead of water, every move looking like it could be their last. Heck she was almost worried some of them might fall asleep in the water and drown.
A few minutes in she noticed someone leaving the pool. She tilted her head curiously as he also looked around at everyone. Diving into the water she headed his way.
"Kuso, naze daremoga totemo hikan-teki ni mieru nodesu ka?" She overheard him speaking to himself as she emerged near his feet, leaning her upper half out of the water.
"I know, right? Iv'e been wondering the same thing since I got here. Did something happen in classes? I was a little.... lost so i missed them...again."

Deathkitten Deathkitten EldridSmith EldridSmith Kyrenka Kyrenka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

Zak of Moon

source-4.gif

As droplets do Zak slid below to where eyes couldn't see. Perhaps onlookers would think him unconscious, perhaps weak past the point of action? But that wasn't the case. He could've stopped the slow fall had he chosen to, a construct of darkness would've done the job. A simple move it would've been, an arm extension to tether the field for step one. Step two shorten the tether and pull up like reeling fish on a line. Easy shit.

But Zak had no interest.

He didn't want to be around the others yet, but not out of embarrassment, loathing or depression. None of those things were accurate.

It was pain.

His pain, no one would see it, no one would share it, no one would ease his burden. It was his alone and when he popped dislocated shoulder to place it'd be done solo without people snatching at him. Taking help wasn't the War-Band's way.

It would be a challenge of his strength, another way to build his tenacity. Another way to build resilience and pain tolerance. Sure he'd see spots and bite n' yell out in pain but so be it. It was just another test, but he had to relax and he had to be loose. So sliding below with his shoulder burning bright Zak took a deep breath, allowing his mind to wander.

Doug_guild.jpg

A worn voice stammers "Please! I... I can't! Please sir! my foot it's - -

"Can you walk?" the overseer asks, interrupting the old man who'd collapsed in front of Zak, clutching his leg in pain.

"No no I... please! Please you have to... Have to... Have to understand sir! I was in the kennels, as the lord'd asked and a dog bit me on th - -

"I see" the overseer mumbles, cutting off the whimpering old-man he kneels beside, and softly pushing back pant-leg the slaver grimmaces concerned, wincing at a mottled blue-black bite mark along the elder's calf.

"Im no expert John.... but this looks bad" the overseer observes, and looking from the wound n'up to Old John a glint of sorrow flashes across his cold grey eyes.

"Can you... Please just ignore it it'll get better I - -

"John! Buddy" cuts the man, clapping John on the shoulder.

"It's alright! I've known you for three years! You're tough as an ox you old goat. I'm sure itll be better in no time!" the unchained explains after a pause, his reassuring smile echoed by John who returns enthusiasm, believing his safety assured.

But something shifts in the air as the Overseer turns to his fellows.

"Zak!"

"Look at mommy!"
Moon hears from behind, his mother's voice shaking with emotions the young boy can't perceive, and with ruffling chains he half turns into a death-tight mother's grip, just as John the Barber is bludgeoned by surprise for the first time.

With shoulder-buried eyes and hand-covered ears Zak perceives little, but even that's enough to shiver the spine. First were loud muffled screams, then a loud crack from bones snapping, then laughter and cheers, all underpinned by the weeping of the woman clutching him.

But what really sticks is the smell, one heavy in iron. That and the blood-moist ground Zak walks upon as he passes the ruined and unrecognizable corpse of his grandfather.

"Spillin sore spots'll get ya killed, crack's seen n' ya end-a corpse" Moon mutters to as he slide stops on barrier's bottom beneath the school's center. It was one hell of a sight at the base of the well, something odd anyway to hang in the air far above the earth on the wrong side if the floating land, but Moon didn't care for scenery. So without eyes for it Moon sprang up-seated with ruffling hair and a loud wince as his shoulder's wound screamed painful once more.

For a second he breaths ragged, catching his wind and sighing "Day one'an ell of a bitch, a fuckin bitch" as he pulls the dislocated right arm out front with its twin.

Deep breathing in the silence.

A jaw tenses, teeth grit.

Flurrying heartbeats.

A pull and a groan.

Then a pop and an agonizing SCREAM as Zak doubled over, his shoulder restored to place. The pain was worse than before, as it were with dislocations and with a loud "FUCK" yelled to high heaven Moon exercised the pain; but it was for naught and with sputtering groans he rolled left, laying on the barrier surface with spots in his sight. It was delirious white-hot pain but all the same it was satisfying to be over with the injury, sickly so to pass another test of resiliency. Some would look at it as savagery, but a War-Kin's way is that of struggle. So on the barrier's base, gasping out with hazed vision, Zak of Moon cracked a smile.

Attachments

• maxresdefault-13.jpg
    maxresdefault-13.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mr. Artor
Mon, Second of October, Year 500
19:30, The Ring, Pool

Artor continued to glance at the stop watch until Steve exited the pool, finally stopping it. "Excellent time for the distance you made Mr.Freeling! And after the first day, quite impressive, I do hope to see you in this pool more often." Hearing the two students thoughts, he gave a calm smile. "First day is always tough for new students, you use muscles and magick you never knew you had. It get's better, so don't lose heart. We allow you all to take it easy on the first day, if you so desire." As if to illustrate his point he nodded down towards Venessa and Liliana, shrugging a bit. "I believe it's healthy in the first week to take a break or two personally, but I also believe it's ideal to work where you can. At the end though, it's all dependent on how the student feels in the first week." Even as he spoke, he had a small smile tugging at the edge of his lips, optimism simply leaking from him. Even if half of the class had lost heart, it seemed artor had enough to make up for it two fold. "We still have quite a bit of class left, but take breathers as needed. I don't want to have to pull you out of the pool, and I'm sure no one wants that either."

Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Akemimarra Akemimarra Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

1574717542904.png Omar nodded at Ivanna's suggestion, and seeing her pale he couldn't help but put his hand on her head to try and comfort her. Omar not previously knowing the power of an Ultima looked at Ivanna and the teacher with Awe. Omar liked being with Ivanna but he didn't like large crowds... he stood there for a minute trying to figure out whether to follow or not but in the end he went after her. He stayed behind her silently trying to not be noticed...
Deathkitten Deathkitten Jet Jet Kyrenka Kyrenka

SERYVA - LEANANSIDHE? - 19:30, The Ring, sparring area

I had a strange smile, as I approached the teacher from behind. it was crooked, revealing a little teeth. Didn’t look as sane as I hoped it to. Eh. Didn’t matter. I was still getting used to actually having a body, I couldn’t get everything perfect the first time. My grin widened as I crept right behind, and murmured in her ear.Boo.”

Seryva barely moved, only turning to look at the boy like he was nuts, “What, you actually want to go next?? Even after that?” This year’s students would be interesting if they were already that bold! I mean sure, she would have been the student to come up ready and raring to go, but she knew most people weren’t gonna be like her.

I felt my head tilting to the side. I don’t understand her reaction. Why would she remain idle like that ? I almost scoffed, then threw a kick at her head. Always go for the head.

She didn’t expect him to simply start attacking. She stepped to the side in a fluid motion and stretched out her right leg in a lazy attempt to trip the boy up. She wasn’t so much in the mood to spar anymore. Unfortunately, dislocating someone’s shoulder and sending them “blasting off” into the distance kinda does that.

I saw a motion, right in front of me. I lowered my eyes for a second… Oh. Wanted to trip me over ? Too bad. I jumped over, instead of falling, then turned, if only to keep her in my vision.

Seryva rolled her eyes at his jumping over her leg, thinking about how much of a psycho this student must be. She literally could have killed the last student, but here he was, wanting some of the same. Did they not understand the whole… I dunno… pain thing?? She moved forward after that and jabs at him with an elbow, controlling her strength much better now.

Whoops. I couldn’t avoid this one, I thought. It was either tank or fly. So I braced for impact. I wonder what kind of maniacal grin I sported at the moment. A crazy one, I’d bet. Well. It did hurt in the end. Guess it’s only normal for people like her to be overly strong. But there was an opening, and I didn’t miss it. Fingers together, I rammed my hand in her armpit. Probably dangerous, and probably stupid as well. Oh well.

His jamming of fingers into her armpit would find muscle like stone, skin soft, but underneath unfeeling, despite the general tenderness of a typical armpit. She wouldn’t bother blocking, and instead sighed softly, You gonna talk at all ?

Wicked grin. Wicked, I thought. Yeah, I was gonna talk.Maybe. I’m enjoying myself, really. It’s been a long while since I last came out to play.Well, shades be damned, I sounded like an old man. Raspy and all, not really how the boy sounded usually. That… might have been a blunder on my side, I thought.

...Right… Okay, maybe I should send you to the nurse. You’re concerning me.she replied, moving back a little as her hands dropped to her sides. Was this another one of those students that had a split personality or something ? She always felt like maybe they should have some magical nametag. It was a common enough problem, especially with so much magic abound, but ugh. More trouble than they were worth, in her opinion.

Aye, I tend to do that to people. They expect him, and I’m the one they meet.

Her lips flattened into a line, as far as she could tell she was correct in her assumption.Right… Sorry, bud,she muttered, “You’re about to have a bad end to your day.” Seryva let out a sigh, and blurred forward. Speed that no human or creature should be able to achieve. She was a monster, but luckily for him, a controlled one this time. Her hand ended up on the back of his neck with a firm but gentle grip.You gonna go easily, or are you gonna make this harder ?

Oh… shit shit shit… Too fast, too strong. I wasn’t expecting that ! What the shade was she ? A monster, or something ? I tried to break free. That… didn’t amount to much. Perhaps a little unconvincing wiggling…Yeah, I concede”, I rasped out. I felt like it was time to give way. I receded my control over the boy’s body. I let it go. Ugh. I hated that feeling, when I had to rip myself off of all over a body. I think there was silence… Before the boy’s skin tone went back to its normal pale beige. But now, his magic overflowing from before came out, and the traces on his arms reappeared. It was only now that I realized how painful it must’ve been, I mused… It had been a bad call on my part. Guess I gotta find a way to apologize later…

I blinked a couple of times. The teacher was holding me, I felt just as if I woke up, and my arms were on fire. Almost literally, at that. I gulped down when I saw her gaze. Steely. I wouldn’t get on her bad side.Err… ?

I swear people get weirder and weirder. Lemme guess. A curse maybe ? A split personality ?she mused, “Whatever. Not my problem. You need to go to the nurse and get checked out. Can you go on your own or do you need a chauffeur ?

I staggered back, my legs nearly giving way under me. I didn’t understand what she was saying. Curse ? Split personality ? No… No… Nonononono… I couldn’t be mad. I couldn’t. It couldn’t be. I had no right to. My voice was a bit shaky, too What… what are you talking about ? I don’t… It was burning through me, and I lost control, then I wake up there. What is happening ?I flinched, and almost fell over. Whatever did this to me really enjoyed themselves, I mused bitterly. Leaving people's body in a state of usability was a basic decency, by the shades ! Then, I felt pain. It was mild, but nauseating. That old scar, on my leg, I thought. I risked an eye down. Ah… It was bleeding. Might also be why I didn’t feel that leg anymore…

Seryva caught him to make sure he didn’t fall,Chauffeur it is. Let’s go. Everyone else, keep doing as you’re doing. Don’t need me here to hit each other.

Miranda Olesen
19:30 - Fitness Class, The Ring
Even though, Miranda had catapulted herself to catch Maria. She didn't think her plan through enough, for she thought that she was going to use Maria's body as a body bag during that moment. Not to mention, she didn't think of the consequences of her actions, nor what would have happened if Maria didn't catch her. ‘...I really didn’t think about this, since I just wanted to get the dessert.’ thought Miranda. Not knowing that her roommate is a soldier, Maria was able to catch the stupid Miranda without any problem. She then put Miranda down to the ground.
Miranda stood there with an upset look on her face. Since she was too tired to notice that Maria had slowed down for her during the last lap. "As much as I am happy to get the dessert. I am upset as well. You didn't slow down, because I was getting pretty tired near the last lap, Maria." said Miranda, as her tail was wagging pretty fast.
Her wind magic was also out of control, because of how upset she was. But before she was able to knock herself out from that, Miranda heard what Maria said about improving herself. "Ok, and I am so sleepy." said Miranda.
The effects of her leaky magic problem were catching up to her, so Miranda was too tired to keep going.
Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
Pandora
Sparring Class

Having been standing awkwardly for a minute waiting for the teacher, Pandora instead turned towards a now failing fight between the boy that tried to grab her again and another. To her enjoyment she watched Guiren ass out on the floor. A smirk came across her face before she heard the noise of heavy footfalls coming up behind her. Unable to turn to see what it was the first signal she got that it was actually a person was the "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" coming from a now airborne Mouth. The screaming reached a pitched volume before suddenly stopping. Staring slightly shocked at Nayr Pandora finally managed to find words "Im Pandora.... I am kinda amazed you can pick that up. Its pretty much a gibbering mass of flesh and chitin... its alot heavier than it looks." Pandora mumbled out adding a person to her 'Not to fight' mental list.

Shifting nervously she didn't expect to be ambushed and it left her feeling alittle uneasy with her surroundings, though she began to remember seeing the girl in Mr. Carmine's class. As if recognizing another Vitae user the bulb in her hair began to open up again, revealing the fairy that immediately flew to Nayr. The little thing flew around Nayr a few times before settling on the girls shoulder. "Fine, but don't forget... you cant get far from me." Pandora said to it. Turning her attention back to Nayr she didn't know what to say "Im... not really one to fight. I mean... you can fight Mouth." Pandora muttered hoping she wouldn't have to actually get hit.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Willow Wisp Krum
The Ring
Fitness Class

Walking onto The Ring Willow took a long few seconds to look over her arms. The newly applied layer of Focci material began to glow, pain rising from the raw skin. The lines began to ignite, fireing up and emanating a brown light. Seeing the reaction made Willow perk up ever so slightly... it had gone right, which meant it woudn't need to be applied again. Within seconds the brown color permeated every area of the lines before her eyes changed to brown as well. The glow coming from under her clothes could even be made out in day light, let alone when it began to get dark. Willow knew that she was going to have to try and keep them covered, atleast while they healed up.

Arriving behind the other students Willow had to keep in mind her limitations right now... and out of them all... Track seemed to be the only one that wouldn't hurt, atleast to the point of injury. Making her way towards the track itself she tried to keep behind as many people as possible. While she wasn't one to shy from crowds she didn't want to have to deal with people gawking over her. Coming out behind a large group of people her color began to change again as she began a light jog out and past them. Across her body the tattoo's flashed before beginning to glow red. Her eyes shifted as well as setting her hair back to its natural color, red. Feeling her heart rate increasing she let out a sigh of relief. She hadn't been able to exercise for the last two days, she needed this. She also knew that she had to let a teacher know what she was doing. She didn't want them to descend on her like a hawk for pushing herself to far. Then again, it was impossible to not notice her among the others... you just had to watch for the walking rainbow and wait for it to shift colors.

( Blackrose7 Blackrose7 EldridSmith EldridSmith )-Big Group Deathkitten Deathkitten - Teachers​

1575174926926.png As much as Omar wanted to stick with Ivanna his attention was soon grabbed by a glowing girl who passed by. She was glowing just like his arm! Perhaps she was like him! Omar now entirely entranced ran over to the random girl with bright eyes. His normal quiet and shy demeanor replaced with a longing for kinship with someone who was just like him: A freak. "I'm Omar, what's your name?" He asked, his arm glowing with fiery swirls as always. (Sorry it's short, I'm better with conversation)
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Deathkitten Deathkitten

Time Skip!

22:15 - 09:00 - Freetime and Sleeptime

Do what you want, where you want. Hang out. Sleep. Fuck about. Just remember your characters have had a long day.

~María de los Ángeles~
22:15 - Freetime and Sleeptime

Maria.jpg María entered their dorm room with Miranda trailing behind her, the girl's tail still sticking out. They were tired and sweaty, but the brunette wasn't about to let the younger girl rest just yet. "We need to talk." The soldier kept her face neutral as she gestured towards the living room. Making sure that Miranda was following, grudgingly or not, María's stare didn't falter as she sat down on one of the cushioned chairs and waited for her roommate to get comfortable. "We need to talk about our financial situation." It was a conversation they should've had when they first met. A tinge of guilt seeped into her, but she did her best to brush it off. We're having the conversation now. Better late than never, right? "I have...a substantial amount of money. I understand that you may not have a lot of savings," her eyes flickered towards Miranda's tail and back, the implications of the mutation clear to María, "So I am willing to buy any and all groceries that we may need. We can make a shopping list and we can pick stuff up in our free time." The brunette's eyes examined the uniform Miranda was wearing. "I can also buy you some clothes if you'd like? We have free days which means we don't have to always be in our uniform so it'd be practical to have outfits to choose from." She was already trying to predict Miranda's size and the essentials she'd need. A black dress or suit was a must; that was one of the most basic things she had learned in her etiquette classes. Although, her other clothes can be more casual, she is a child after all.

Becoming hyper-focused on all of the things Miranda might need, María began listing things out loud, "A laptop is a necessity in this day and age too, so we can get you one. A phone too in case you need to call someone or make friends. Do you have school supplies? We can always get some of those if you don't have them already. Maybe some slippers to wear inside so you don't wear your shoes around the dorm and track in dirt. I also wouldn't mind getting you something to keep you entertained. Maybe some toys? Or books? What do you kids like these days anyways?" At that last question, the brunette finally realized that she was overwhelming the younger girl. Backtracking, María offered Miranda a apologetic smile, "I'm sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. You can think more about the other things, but I do want to be fully responsible for the groceries. I understand that the cafeteria is free, but I prefer to cook for myself and am more than willing to pick up whatever you'd like as well." The soldier sat back and let the younger girl absorb everything. María wasn't naive enough to think that her upbringing was what a normal child went through; that tail was proof enough. She knew how the Egyptians treated people with magic outside of the nobility. It hurt to see someone so young be scarred by the cruelty of the world. Miranda was a child and deserved to enjoy the remainder of her childhood. Although, she is close to becoming an adult. They were most likely going to be roommates for a few more years; María wouldn't mind helping Miranda learn to navigate the adult world too. She'd eventually need a bank account too. The brunette held in a sigh. It would be a lot of work, but she was more than willing to lend a hand.

((Interacting with Blackrose7 Blackrose7 's Miranda))

~Gavin Heidrich~

Gavin.jpg Gavin let out a muffled groan from his pillow. He was drained. As soon as he had gotten back to his dorm he had face planted onto his bed and hadn’t moved since. Can I just go to bed now? He was still in his somewhat sweaty uniform, but getting up and taking a shower sounded like way too much at this point. But I feel gross. The brunet let out another groan. Why can’t the shower just come to me? Moving his head to stare out of his open door, Gavin laid prone for a while longer before grumbling as he got up. He was willing to sleep unshowered, but he was hungry too and if he was going to get up for a snack he might as well shower too. Take a shower, get a snack, go to bed; that was the plan. He deserved a little late-night snack damnit, but getting clean was first on his list. Grabbing his pajamas, Gavin called out, “I’m taking a shower!” He wasn’t sure where Hira was at that moment, but she was definitely in the dorm. And definitely not in the bathroom. Tiredly, the brunet shuffled into the bathroom and locked the door behind him.

((Interacted with Peckinou Peckinou 's Hira))

Zak of Moon

giphy-89.gif

Walking dormward Zak was bone tired. He'd been taxed brutal from the droll admissions n' form-filling to the Mana draining flame-work done after. Not to mention his demanding spar session to wrap the day; from mental to mana and physical energy all boxes had been ticked. And if the triple threat of exertion wasn't enough his injuries drove it cliffside. Sure they were on the mend but the shoulder pop and arm burn took a toll with his body repair-focused in lieu of normal function.... Any more energy used and he'd be a potato, a dead man walking from the field. A shoutout then, and a future drink to the strange duo who'd given him a lift to the ring.

And a very-very-very.... very strange duo they were.

One a sage-man covered in charms sporting a puff-white beard and a metal arm. He exuded mischief and tall tales like an alleycat story teller with crazy eyes and a rattling pan of coins. He was odd enough, but the other was a true sight. A possessed suit of armor with brick personality. He'd told of far east lands and ancient histories, yet he knew not even his own name. Making things even weirder (somehow) was the gravity defying two seat bicycle they'd flown over (ridden over?) to Zak as he climbed a dark-magic ladder strung up to the field. It'd take seven minutes of convincing for Zak to accept help but with arms'n sorry shape even Mr. hard head Moon bent with "I'd do it myself but ya won't lettit rest wilya?" rubbing temples as the armor-man pried for another two minutes with the cracked elder cackling in the background. It was a circus far more annoying than the loudest black-morning flapper; so agreeing with "WELL FINE-EN take me ringside but iont owe a thing hear-me?" the boy gave in, hopping on the bike's tow trailer for the sunward journey to the field. Despite all the kicking and screaming though, if Zak were honest with himself it was a relief, even the hardy kid had his limits and climbing hundreds of feet with shot arms after a brutal day was it.

After a short trip and a shorter conversation the pair dropped Zak off while rambling about a "Temporary shop at the trade island", "Magical items" and "Things from ancient history". To be square it didn't interest Moon at all, the trinkets they pushed were for the birds. All Zak wanted was strength and knowledge, not pouches holding endless Bobby-pins. That said his disinterest didn't cheapen their kindness, so with street-thanks and a head nod Zak hopped from the trailer, heading off to the dorms. He was happy to be done with the duo, but happier still were thoughts of sleep and a nice fourth meal as he came home for the first time.

FF like, however long the walk is idk

Barging in with zero class, Zak shuffled through the living-room with eyes half shut and his burn crying for ointment. Whatever, it'll heal, little bitch of a burn he'd think with a chuckle, making his way to the couch at center-floor, toppling over with a - -

POOF!

As air rushed from the cushion he powerbombed, and reclining erratic the boy breathed deep, shutting his exhausted eyes...

Only for them to open immediately, caught by something he'd never seen before. A slim metal device it was, some kind of technology from the weak world perhaps? It was rectangle.... with a divider in the middle? It could be folded apparently and opened like a claw. Within the shell a black silk surface reflected the dim room and below it lay small lettered buttons, buttons that Zak pushed one by one, seeking mechanical reaction. The ell' am I lookin at man ran through Zak's curious mind as he finally hit a button worth the effort. The power button!

Congratulations Zak you just booted up your first computer!

Last edited:
Miranda Olesen
Miranda did her best to drag her body back to their dorm room, since she was exhausted from all the running. Her tail was wagging from the annoyance, because of what happened on the track field. 'I am so tired of this crazy first day of school. I should take a bath, and then wear no clothes, because I have no pajamas to go to sleep with.' thought Miranda. She clearly didn't want to wear the clothes she wore in the desert. They weren't in a good condition, and there is way too much sand on them.
Upon entering their dorm room, Miranda started to take her clothes off for the bath. Yet, Maria thought that it was a good time to talk to her. Miranda had an annoyed look on her face, her tail was wagging, and some of her wind magic is out. "I want to take a bath, Maria. Do you seriously need to talk to me about this now?" said Miranda. This girl really doesn't like to be extremely sweaty, thanks to the desert's heat.
Maria kept on talking from their financial situation to getting stuff that Miranda would need. However, Miranda was being overwhelmed by this. 'Please stop talking and let me take my bath.' thought Miranda.
As her wind magic was being more noticeable, due to her stress. Maria finally stopped herself once she realized this.
Maria then told Miranda that she would get the groceries, prefer to cook for herself, and can get her anything she likes. "Thank god, you calmed down, Maria. You kept on talking about stuff when I just wanted to take a bath," said Miranda.
She didn't absorb most of what Maria had said besides the money part. All she wanted was to take a bath, but Maria impeded that.
Kyrenka Kyrenka

1575602342235.png
xelon
with the sparing practice finished and xelon thoroughly beaten by the Mavior during that match, the was utterly pooped slowly dragging his body back to his dorm room losing the usual peppy step he had had all day, flopping down onto his bed and hoping no one would disturb him for now, and maybe tomorrow he could talk to more people but right now xelon's body just wanted to stab him still he stopped moving, and quickly xelon then fell asleep.

(ok stupidly short wasn't sure what to do)

1575764802669.png~ Nayr ~
22:15, Freetime. Fuck Bedtime.
22:15 or so, finally done with exercise time, aaaaand, Nayr wasn't tired enough to go to bed. She didn't seem to be as tired as she was supposed to be. She was a freak with her mana capabilities, and the ultimas in her family were always hard on her about her physical fitness. She was expected to be at peak fitness. Exercising at the end of the day was normal... and usually a lot harder than their random do what you want sort of idea. Mind, she normally exercised in the morning too. Maybe if she could get out of that, this whole school thing would be a breeze!

She yawned despite herself and stretched as she walked to the Trade Island, and into a nurse's office.

"Hey, I'm here!" she called out to the empty room. Not many people needed it right now it seemed. A tall, lithe woman with a shaved head and a long brown tail peeked out from a door in the hallway.

"Oh! You must be Nayr, right?"

Nayr nodded.

"I was told to expect you. Regular blood draws, huh?"

"They want one at least once a week. Pretty much the usual, but now it's easier to go get them done! All I have to do is come here."

"Come back here with me. We'll get it done as soon as possible," she said, smiling sweetly. Nayr couldn't help but eye the tattoos she had around the crown of her head. Shiny and golden. They were eyecatching and beautiful.

"Not a problem," Nayr muttered.

All of five minutes later, she was done and walked back out of the door with a wave and a little bandage over the needle site. All the stinkin' time. It'd be nice if she could avoid it for a little while, but they'd get mad at her if she didn't get them done. They just wanted her to stay healthy, after all. Heck, out of one brother and a bunch of other cousins, only one other little one was still alive but her. She's lived the longest out of all of them... the perils of children in an ultima family, she guessed. Her living cousin though was little Taria Tempin. She didn't like her uncle though... Kyru. He was mean to her auntie Jera, and her two other aunties, Jera's sisters, died in childbirth to the same uncle. Complicated stuff. She felt really lucky that she was actually healthy, and that neither of her parents was psycho.

Taria wasn't doing super well. She was only two and showing the same signs that a lot of her other relatives did before they died too. None of them made it past five. The thought of it brought her mood down a little. She often thought of the little girl and wondered how she was doing. Now that she was at the school, she couldn't just run over and say hi...

Sigh.

None of that. She was now free to do as she pleased! And she would be pleased with more fighting, damn it! She trotted off to a maintenance teleporter and looked around to make sure she would be unseen. She wasn't supposed to do this, technically, but it was practically a pre-ultima's rite of passage.

Fight Club.

Held at most free hours, the first one being tonight. Not a lot of people would know about it unless a teacher decided to give everyone a sort of heads up. Staff only. No students... that is unless you were ballsy enough to come anyway. Watch. Fight. Lose. Learn. Then you come back next time and do better. People pay attention here. They see where you stand in the pecking order. Anyone who's ultima material would come despite the rules.

She stepped through the teleporter and onto a dark maintenance island. It had a huge open field, and Seryva was already waiting on it. Beside her were a few other staff members, eager for things to start.

Mavior Eleus
Mon, Second of October, Year 500
22:15 Time for rest and recuperation
As he trudged down the hall towards his dorm he grew increasingly and painfully aware of exhaustion creeping at him from that safely stored 'box' in his mind, his body and mind screaming in unison that he couldn't bottle it up and ignore it forever. He had faired well enough in the bout for sparring, but against an opponent who frequently engaged in it he'd have been floored, and he was well aware. His opponent had been rather easy to figure out and notice his movements, very amateurish...much like himself. Snapping himself out of his thoughts long enough to make sure he was at the right dorm room he opened it up and stepped inside, shutting the door behind him.

The first thing that he noticed was that he had a room mate...as much as he had hoped to not have to deal with one, it was now the case, and he couldn't avoid it. The second thing he noticed is that it was the same student Miss Seryva had sent sailing...his initial thought was to start questioning and learning about how that had been, how his body had faired the trauma...and then that small voice of 'rationality' spoke up, signalling that if he did that, he'd likely only incur the others wrath which would simply make life together more difficult. Small talk is the correct choice of option when dealing with someone you will experience close proximity with for extended periods, 'break the ice'. Coughing into his fist a bit he walked in, nearly collapsing onto the couch in a rather ungraceful fashion. "Greetings. Seeking to use the computer to further studies after the first day, or simply looking to find something relaxing to entertain yourself with?" It took him a moment before he remembered that 'introductions' were a rather important portion of interacting for the first time, causing him to speak again. "My name is Mavior Eleus, I'll be your room mate. I trust we will get along well enough, so long as we do nothing to anger or disrupt eachother." To one, they may find mav's voice uncomfortably cool and almost distant, like he was speaking past someone instead of to them. It wasn't that he wasn't polite or he was rude it seemed he just seemed...off.

Jet Jet

~Taram Isa~
22:15 - Freetime
8B1C0666-E38E-477C-B0DC-997FE8562152.jpeg Taram didn’t bother to hide the predatory grin on her face. A new school year had begun, which meant new students to fight against. Fresh blood. Her familiar gurgled excitedly as it waddled behind her. She’d have to watch herself though. As limited as the Unum Forus’s mana pool was, they made up for it with recklessness and willpower. I hope this bunch is just as wild as last year’s. Entering the darkened island through one of the portals, the blonde wasn’t disappointed. The teachers were there already, with a few familiar and unfamiliar students milling around.

Her familiar made a few disappointed noises at the small number of new faces. Taram rolled her eyes in amusement. What a baby. “There’ll be more. I’m sure that more than a few of the rookies want to be ‘fashionably late’.” The blonde had done the same exact thing when she was a Unum Forus. That, or they got lost. “Ah! Hey!” Grabbing her familiar before he wandered off too far, she glanced up at the Unum Forus he was heading for before narrowing her gaze at him. “I’m not here to make friends with the rookies.” More displeased gurgles left the creature's mouth before he finally gave in. Her familiar was way too concerned about her social life. She sighed dramatically before picking him up and using one hand to pet his shadowy form. “What am I gonna do with you? Hm?”
77D6D169-DF73-4648-B70B-3EDCDD9AD09B.jpeg
((Mentioned @Deathkitten’s Nayr))

Last edited:
Willow
Fight Club

Having finished her exercises Willow felt even more exhausted than she did before. The recent application of the focci material onto her tattoos had left the red headed girl reeling. The feeling though had mostly disappeared by this point. Making her way back to her dorm room she quickly slipped inside before letting out a loud sigh of relief. Stretching her arms she touched the ceiling before exhaling and causing herself to ignite. Raising her arm up and down she watched the flow of energy traveling through her tattoos before extinguishing herself. "Yup, I didn't die so it works." Willow mumbled out before turning to her bed and realizing someone else was now in the dorm with her. Looking over the other persons stuff she tried to figure out the persons name. Going to her mini-fridge Willow took out a piece of steak before putting it on a plate and carrying it over to her desk. Setting it down she began to tear into it, her body needing the energy to keep her from passing out.

After eating Willow sat and began to think on what she could do. The thought wavered for a moment before she remembered the card given to her. Having lived alongside the school for a good part of her life she knew of the fight club, yet she didn't know it would be starting it as quick as it was. Taking a card out of her pocket she looked it over before getting up and quickly making her way to the hall before beginning to make her way towards the fight club. Walking through a teleporter she suddenly found herself on a dark maintenance island. Seeing some of the staff standing there she gave a small wave.

Jet Jet
Deathkitten Deathkitten

05ca180dbcff81854ee37ebeab5e738a.jpg Ian was bored after Guiren passed out, and rather disappointed as he thought he would put up more of a fight. No one could put up a fight and those who could were preoccupied with someone else. Ian sighed as the bell rang for break time. Instead of heading to the dorms he went to the trade island to buy stuff. After filling his bag with snacks,xdrinks and trinkets he walked towards the portals to head back but he spotted Nayr acting suspicious and looking around like she was being followed. He stuck close to a wall before she disappeared. Now with his curiosity peaked he couldn't help but follow after, especially with such a cute girl who seemed to also be a battle junkie on the other side. With the chance for a fight being a possibility he couldn't help but look. Worst case scenario: death. Sure dying would suck but he had faced such dangers before and it thrilled him, he enjoyed the feeling of dancing the knife. Ian hadn't read the card yet as it was still short in his pocket but suddenly he felt the urge to read it. Fight club? Hell yeah! He couldn't contain himself as he used his blurred his form slightly before making his way through the portal. Fight club here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back