• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
~Taram Isa~
Mon, the 2nd of October, Year 500
22:25 - The Lounge

Taram Best.jpg Taram straightened up slowly from where she had landed. Well damn. Spiritus users, despite their reputation as a non-combative class, were to be regarded with caution for this reason exactly; what they lacked in combative abilities they made up for in other areas. Gotta admit though, that's pretty fucking cool. The blonde was just a straight Tenebris user, so she couldn't use Vitae to determine which illusion was the real Sylvia or Ex Diem to scatter the fake ones away. I'll just have to attack them all. It wasn't really a hard thing to do. Taram let more inky blackness drop from her paintbrush, and as soon as the first drop hit the ground shadows shot out from the ground like sharpened pillars in order to impale all twelve of the Sylvias. She knew that the real one could easily dodge the attack and remain unscathed, but the Tres Forus wanted to see if the teacher could keep up the illusions at the same time or if she'd have to drop them. Maybe her reaction time will be slowed down because of them. Who knew, but Taram wanted to find out. Not to mention it might look cool if I nail one of those illusions. It would definitely scare the shit out of some of the rookies to think that someone got impaled, but that was OK; these weren't supposed to be like the sparring matches in school after all, these were serious fights where one could get hurt if they weren't careful.

((Interacting with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Sylvia))

1577305581129.png~ Locoma ~
Sleep was required, and at this point, Locoma had a headache and wanted nothing more than to head to her room and into her bed. Thomas was pleasant to be around, and she was pleased he was her roommate, but she was a little concerned she'd suffer from a lack of sleep thanks to his interest in her. She yawned deeply, cupping her mouth with a hand as she opened the door and slipped inside.

Locoma eyed the kitchen for a long moment, debating on if she wanted a snack to tide her over until the morning. She didn't really want to bother with breakfast right before classes, but, all the same, she wasn't sure that it'd actually do her stomach justice. Was Thomas here? She looked to the doors to the bedrooms and sighed with a quiet huff before speaking, "Thomas? Are you here already?"

"I'm sorry I lost you before. I'm too tired to put much effort into... well, much of anything at the moment. Do you think we should eat a snack before bed?"

EldridSmith EldridSmith

1577308076409.png A loud thud can be heard before giddy Thomas emerges from a pile of gears and parts covered in grease and oil. "I-Y-You surprised me! I didn't hear you come in." He said fidgeting with parts before looking at his hands as Locoma asks about food. "I-I can fix you something... or we can have cheese and crackers... I uh need to wash up real quick." He says disappearing into the bathroom. He'd never been so excited, nervous, or happy before today. However his nervousness shot through the roof as he didn't know how to act, especially since (he things) she likes him. However he appeared a minute later looking spotless. "S-Sorry for the wait, anything specific you have a taste for?" He says, hoping that she wouldn't look into his pile of gears and parts. He had been working on another something for her to use with her medical supplies, it was actually really simple but it would let her keep all her first aid stuff on her arm and out of the way. It was taking longer than normal since he wasn't as good with fabric as he was with metal stuff.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Miranda Olesen
22:15 - Freetime and Sleeptime
When Maria had finally stopped with her talking, Miranda immediately went into the bathroom for her bath. She had taken off her clothes, turned on the water, and then took a really long time to finish. This girl loves to take warm baths, because of her horrible condition in the desert. So much so that someone needs to remind her to not use all of the warm water, or she is going to end up getting blasted by the cold instead. 'This feels so great. I don't have to chase after Maria, or hear what she has to say to me. I am at true peace in the bathroom.' thought Miranda. Her head turned to a light bulb again, and… her own magic knocked her out.
Miranda didn't hit her head on anything, but the poor girl needs some assistance with finishing with her bath. Since she can't do it when her leaky magic knocked herself out like that.
Kyrenka Kyrenka

Zak of Moon

source-10.gif

Talk about getting your legs cut from under! Zak's bluster'd been downed in such a way. Crippled by Mav who'd come over to rescue with soft understanding words. Blehhnhh! It was way too nice of him to credit ol' white hair. Whatever their fridge held was theirs and theirs alone, it wasn't open season on the stash. Nayr wasn't starving anyway, Mav was being too thoughtful! Healthy looking she was, zero chance she was hungry enough to lose wit! Mav was giving wayyyyyyy too much credit with his explanation..... All that said, despite the logic.... Nayr was cute. That counted for something.

No! Fuck all that bullshit, uh-uh, nope, not today

This was Zak's fridge, subconsciously so he'd hold dear to it too. Live a scarce life and what you're given is precious. So looking incredulous Zak scoffed "She'll live, but give-a food n' you're billed en' " he'd open, looking to Mav as his hand peeled from the fridge door, "unlocking" it for Nayr who was....

Leaking darkness magic?

Oh, fantastic, first the fridge is to be ransacked, next the room hit with spilled magic. Oh whatever, it was a wisp, hardly dangerous and her eyes were a nice shade of pur.....

No, no way, no going easy because of looks

"AY!"

"Watch the bleed!" Zak exclaims, stepping back from the puddle with a cocked eye and a palm faced down, ready to fight off the dark-magic if it made a move, responding to it with - - "You can kick it here uhh... Nayr was-it? Just pull-at back!" in a softer tone, pointing at the leak as he carried on at Mavior with- - "And if you cova iont' mind; jus keep tabs cause I been weeks with no food before, no dice I'll deal wid-at here!"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Mavior Eleus
Mon, Second of October, Year 500
22:25 Time for rest and recuperation
With his hand grasped, he slowly shook her hand before withdrawing his own, titling his head a bit. Ferial...interesting heritage. He was aware of the name and the weight it had, but that only posed the question of how someone with such heritage could have gotten so...lost. It didn't matter, the situation was what he was dealing with, not one of it's variables. "Interesting." Turning his attention to Zak, he gave a simple nod. "Of course, as I said. I will cover any expenses needed for what she may consume. Your understanding it appr-" His attention was snapped from zak towards...whatever he was shouting at, eyes turning towards the subject of his dismay.

Darkness? She had claimed to be Vitae...in fact he had seen her in his Vitae class...which logically concluded with... "You're a Duplex, correct? Vitae do not leak darkness in such fashion, so that is the logical answer to this...no matter, I doubt it will be of any real trouble at the current moment." Turning his attention back up to the two, he spoke again. "As Zak has said, if you cannot recall the faintest information about your dorm, you are allowed to stay here. I would assist, but without any information, I cannot. As for Zak, I assure you we will not go weeks without food. If need be, I will restock immiedietly tomorrow, but that is an unlikely situation." Turning cool eyes on Nayr, he gave a simple nod. "If you will be staying here this evening, you may board in my room. The bedding is likely large enough, and sleeping on the couch would be a poor choice, as it can result in one waking sore and ill rested..."

As he spoke he had pulled his phone out, cancelling the alarm he had prepared to set. "Due to the change in situation, it seems I will not be taking that short rest...bothersome, but unavoidable now. Take what you need from the fridge, but I do request you leave enough for Zak and I, should we require to eat." Pocketing his phone and stifling an exhausted yawn, he spoke again. "Forgive me."
247149cb905e5bf88cdd395ad5c5e627.jpg
Jet Jet Deathkitten Deathkitten

Ivan Timurovich
The Lounge
2215hrs

The day had been long, but he found himself restless. There was still so much energy for him to expend and he knew that simply exercising in some form wasn't going to expel such a thing, even after his embarrassment in the Ex-Diem class. So now he simply sat, feet planted with his hands meshed, his body leaning forward, and his right heel tapping. He had relegated himself to simply waiting out the burst of energy, but something caught his attention. A quiet sound of an object sliding across the floor came to his ears in the quiet dorm room, and he was upon it in an instant. Whatever it was, it was going to take his attention now, and he didn't care if it was a prank or not.

What he found, though, was different:

An envelope that would be either his death or his salvation from boredom and restlessness. Opening the envelope yielded what looked to be an invitation disguised as a warning, and it didn't take more than a second to read and comprehend.

"No students allowed, they say...?" He muttered to himself, feeling an almost unnoticeable smile come across his stony visage. It was definitely an invitation to something he was very much interested in, and he was going to take it, whether it was legitimate or otherwise. The "Otherwise," in this case, was either teachers waiting to see who the rule-breakers would be and issue a warning, or more students that were setting up a prank to haze the newcomers. Either way, it was going to be something to expend his energy on, and he was going to take it immediately. Without even thinking about it, he set to redressing himself from his casual clothes, he got back into his business attire. He wasn't going to be wearing his school uniform tonight, since this was just as much pleasure as it was business, the business being the match he wanted with Seryva - the teacher he didn't get to take on after his first bout with another student and his "Unfortunate Accident."

So now, donned in his shirt, tie, jacket, slacks, and shoes, Ivan scooped up the box that his Navitas rings came in and slipped it into his pocket before heading off. The note itself said the "fight club" was going on in one of the maintenance islands, and he didn't think it would be difficult at all to find it, so long as he kept an eye out for movement of a few people at a time towards a specific direction...

It didn't take long for him to get where he needed to be, and he wasn't sure if he was the last in or not, but he was just in time to start taking in the rules of the event.

Killing obviously wasn't allowed, but it seemed like everything else was fair game. Tap-outs were in place, and armed combat was allowed, so it only made sense there would be bloodshed. The weight of his knuckle dusters became apparent in his inside pockets when the rule was noted, and it made him wonder if something could turn from unarmed to armed combat or if it was an automatic disqualification....

But there was no need in worrying about it at the moment. If someone pulled a weapon mid-fight, he'd reciprocate with them until someone interrupted the fight or one of them went down for the count.

And then he heard the rule he wanted to hear since the beginning, but never knew it until now....

You could sign someone up to take you on.

It was almost a wicked thought in Ivan's mind, but the fact that he didn't really get to take on the Pugnator instructor Seryva annoyed him. In fact, it was something that dug at him all day, considering the events that led up to him losing his Arcane Focus Babushka spent so much on almost made it look like he was going to get his chance. Moreso, he could finally figure out just where all of this excess energy he felt was coming from. Battle lust was something he didn't know he could really feel, and though it took him out of his own head for a moment, it was about time he got to see just how tough the Ultima were and just how far he had to go before he could really contend with one, so he wasn't going to skip on the chance to do so....

He would sign up the Ultima to fight him, and there was no ifs and/or buts about it.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

(Sorry if it's not all that great. ^^; )

1577425368833.png "I'll be back... we can meet here again before leaving." Omar says to Pandora before walking over to Willow, his tail swaying back and forth as he was about to finally meet someone like himself. "Uh-H-Hi! I-I'm Omar." He says fumbling with his words. "Y-You're like me!" He says showing her his mutated arm with the glowing spike. He didn't know what else to say so he fidgeted with some glass, melting and bending it in his hand to form a likeness of her face. Though he didn't even notice, things like this often happened without him knowing, he couldn't help himself. "Were you also experimented on?" He finally asks after fidgeting for several seconds.
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

1577489069264.png~Sylvia~
The Lounge
Five out of twelve of her illusions managed to dodge the incoming attack. That was a smart reaction, but taxing on the both of them. She was willing to wager that she had more mana than this chick though. She'd been at it for longer.

The seven illusions that were speared through dissipated with a gasp from each of them. Five left to try to target. Maybe she had been a little too generous to think she could manage all twelve at once anyway.

"You're fun!"

"I like playing with you."

"Can we keep playing?"

The five darted forward, then two further came forth to attack - one at Taram's front, one at her back. She was quick, her small stature a boon in hand to hand. Her "hitbox was small" so to speak, and that was one thing she didn't mind so much about looking like a six-year-old. The one at her back made an attempt to kick the back of her right knee. The one at her front hopped up and tried to knee Taram under the chin.

Kyrenka Kyrenka

1577493138637.png~Nayr~
The Ring Dorms
Nayr blushed, looking down at the darkness puddling around her feet. They were kind if a little odd. She couldn't imagine anyone letting a stranger hang out with them like that. Especially not letting them stay over. She shuffled her feet a little, the Tenebris puddles disappearing as she looked back up at the two of them, "Ah... I'm a duplex, yeah... but I'm, erm... I'm Vitae and Aere. This sort of thing just happens sometimes to me. I try to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. It won't stain or something, don't worry."

"You guys are really sweet. I'll be sure to make this up to you. You're pretty much my first real friends here," she smiled, breaking free from her shyness again, "I could make you something. You sound like you're from Augurium, yeah? Prolly somewhere out in the boonies, by your accent. I know a few recipes. Some really obscure stuff that you'd never see someone in a city cooking. I'd just have to get the ingredients."

She clasped Zak's upper-arm with a hand and a big, cute smile spreading across her face, "I think I could manage one that even uses an Acidic Mana-Spitter from the Crystal Fields. Some spicy gumbo, make some sour treats for afterward? A side could be... oh I don't know... dusted creme-carrots?" Nayr looked at Mav, "Dusted as in dusted with powdered crystal salt. Some salt flats that got hit with high-intensity radiation. It packs one hell of a punch but adds a flavor that's sort of like... umami. I wanna make something that'd kick your ass with spice - you can handle your spice, right Zak? Or are you too weak-blooded and scared of it?" She smiled as she teased using a tiny bit of the slang she could recall, pleased that she seemed to have met some genuinely nice people.

Zak looked, and his arm felt, like the sort of person who liked to scrap. Mavior looked like and talked like the sort of person who liked to study. She was both sorts of people, sometimes one, sometimes the other. She was almost always ready to spar, ready to kick ass and go at it, but she was also always interested in learning more about the world that surrounded her. Her thirst for violence and for knowledge were both unquenchable.

Jet Jet ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

~Taram Isa~
22:25 - The Lounge

Taram Best.jpg She's closing in for the kill. For all intents and purposes, Sylvia was a pseudo-Ultima. Sure, she hadn't passed the final testing phase, but she didn't need to in order to have a sharp eye and large mana pool. As tough as Taram was she wasn't as experienced as a graduate, much less someone like the Spiritus teacher. She knew that the blonde couldn't risk making anymore grand displays like the last two, unless she wanted to burn through her mana recklessly. Tucking her tool back into the waistband of her shorts, Taram lowered herself into a fighting stance and braced herself. Five tiny figures dashed forward, with two breaking away to attack her. Dodging wasn't a problem, the only problem was launching a counter attack. She had tried to kick at the Sylvia behind her, but she had aimed way too high and missed the shorter woman by a mile. Using the momentum of the failed kick to spin out of the way of the attacks, the Tres Forus clicked her tongue in annoyance. Tiny little fuckers. She was used to fighting people around her height and taller, not child-sized opponents. But now she had five hellions to deal with. I just need to figure out which one is the real one. Glancing around her, she sighed. Guess I have no choice. Bringing out her paintbrush again, she quickly mimed painting an arc in the air. In response, a dome of darkness, similar to the one the Vene Tenebris class created earlier today, engulfed Taram and the five Sylvias. Nobody could see in or out. The blonde didn't waste any time, tucking her mana tool back into her waistband once again and focusing. Although she couldn't see through the darkness with her eyes, all Tenebris users could 'sense' their way around through their connection with the shadows. She wasn't too experienced, but Taram could at least sense the mana of the different Sylvias in order to locate them. Heading for the one closest to her, she aimed very low as she delivered a roundhouse kick to one of her opponents; hopefully it was the real Sylvia.

Last edited:
~María de los Ángeles~
22:30 - Freetime and Sleeptime

Maria.jpg The brunette had finished the list in record time; organizing her list by the 'Essentials', 'Non-Essentials', and 'Extras'. Essentials being clothes and food, non-essentials were things like nicer clothes and a laptop, and extras were whatever toys or trinkets Miranda wanted. That took about five minutes to make, so she unmade her bed so that it was ready when she got out of the shower. Then she gathered her pajamas. Then she looked at her school schedule again. Then she wiped down her desk in case she left any germs on it. Then she organized her pens. Then she considered ironing out her uniform. Finally, she decided to check on Miranda instead of doing a bunch of mundane things. What's taking her so long? Maybe it was the soldier in her but María thought that showers should be done as quickly as possible, especially when someone was waiting to take their own. Approaching the closed bathroom door, the brunette put her ear to the door. She couldn't hear running water, much less any movement from inside. Is she taking a bath? Tentatively, she knocked. "Miranda?" A beat of silence passed before María tried again, "Miranda are you in there?" No response. The soldier backed away from the door. Although she was certain she hadn't seen or heard Miranda exit the bathroom, she peeked into the other girl's room just in case. No roommate. Returning to the bathroom door, the brunette called out, "I'm coming in!" before opening the door.

When María's eyes landed on her roommate's limp body in the bathtub, logic left and training took over. The soldier bolted to the girl's side, immediately checking for a pulse. As soon as she found one the brunette immediately sagged in relief. What am I thinking? Of course Miranda wasn't dead, she had probably either fallen asleep or passed out. After gently shaking her shoulder and calling her name, María deduced that it was probably the latter. Poor girl was pushed too hard. She felt a tinge of guilt at that, but tucked it away for the moment. Running her fingers through the girl's hair, the brunette's hand came back with soap. I'll just have to rinse her off. She couldn't just put the girl to bed covered in soap after all. Pushing her sleeves up to her forearms, María began finishing Miranda's bath for her. It was a bit difficult to maneuver Miranda out of the bathtub and into a position where she could dry the girl, but she managed. Deciding against raiding her roommate's room for pajamas, the brunette just dressed the younger girl up in a pair of María's own pajamas. It looked a little ridiculous if she was being honest, since she was older and obviously bigger than Miranda so the clothes were baggy and comically over-sized, but it was strangely heart-warming. I wonder if this is what older siblings feel like. Biting her lip, the soldier squashed that thought. Miranda isn't my sister. Her parents wouldn't have tolerated such nonsensical thoughts. Daydreaming about such pointless was a waste of time. María already had a family. Sighing, she gently carried the younger girl back to her bedroom. While María's room was mostly bare by choice, Miranda's room was bare from the lack of items and childhood possessions she had. It felt...wrong for her room to be so empty. Maybe I should get her a poster or something. Carefully, the brunette tucked her roommate into bed. If she's not up by time I wake up, I'll get the nurse. For now, it was her turn for a shower. And then bed.

((Interacting with Blackrose7 Blackrose7 's Miranda))

Ol' Zak of the Moon Clan

source-4.gif

How Zak maintained straight-face was beyond reckoning. Mav had done the unbelievable, to offer his fookin' bed to a girl he just met??? Incredible, talk about questions that could easily be taken as a hookup invitation, good god. Preposterous and hilarious, but Zak stayed deadpan despite his floor-rolling psyche. It was a psychological test of fortitude to stay cold with that laugh fuel burning but Mav was the roomie. Zak would hold back, if only to laugh in his face later once Nayr left. Perhaps Mavior's lack of humanity could make it less weird? But oh boy was he towing a dengerous line...

Shocked then, was Zak at Nayr taking things in stride with her reply, ignoring weird implications and calling the pair new friends."Friends, with people here?" Zak would think after, flashing back to his slum-crew and what they'd think of him here, chopping words with booklearners; he'd get a mighty ribbing for sure. Not that it really mattered but still, it wasn't his expectation, and neither was Nayr placing a hand on his upper arm.

A quick-trigger twitch fired at her touch, but subdued it was low-key like a nerve ping after training. Another shit habit from back home where contact was rarely a good thing and defense built from young years on-up. Hell; even here that rule held fast, first with the sprite and at the spar field too. All of it reinforced the same thing, that if something lay a hand it was a bad thing. For Zak the touch barrier was bedrock because of this, breaking it was foreign and it caught him off guard. He'd roll with it smooth though, thinking"All feely this one eh?" as Nayr went on about this dish and that dish and this dish and that spice and what in hell's pit is even umami? Some kind of Squid? Who knew? Some things she mentioned were kind of familiar but it was all very technical and educated, not up his alley.

It wasn't like he didn't know food either! When she said rare dishes it was a hard truth because Zak was a connoisseur! He could whip up classics like Stew of Dog, and Bird over Bits and the always suspicious Sea Mix of creatures scrounged from the toxified slum-river. Something like "dusted creme-carrots" just baffled him. Was a carrot some kind of exotic dairy product? She'd said something like cream, and cream was a dairy thing? Carrots were milk product then, it had to be?

Not that it made a lick a' difference, Nayr sounded expert-like so he'd try her food even if his understanding stopped at spicy - - and boy did that whip his attention. Once for his like of spice, double for her challenge. As if he couldn't take a high Scoville rating! Pfft, and adding on a weak-blood for good measure! She was flashing Augurium heritage, the funny las. Stars knew where she hailed with her class-food but the slang was Isle-born, tough slang it was too.

Interesting....

"Issa plan Nay', I'll take ya best! Neva' had what ya cookin' but it sounds ace! You can cook em' hot as devil-tongue too, ain't a drop a weak-blood n' me!" Zak answers amused, enjoying the verbal spars and returning Nayr's smile."Ain't too bad this girl" he'd think too, darting eyes at Mav with a grin to joke - -

"Seems ya right bout the stash! Nay's cookin, ya buyin, I'm eatin" with a laugh as he leaned back on fridge-side counter, vibing well... But Nayr's question loomed over in a cloud. The last thing he wanted was pity, he'd be damned if the full truth came out. He couldn't lie about the city though, he didn't know others to say. If he tried that he'd be caught red handed and then questions would really fly. The only option was a half truth, the right city but the wrong side of the tracks.

"Home's way off, city a Bourne; far east on tha big isle. Middle-a-nothin place n' not much to it. Poor-as dirt but a good 'ome... as long as ya not in the slave-slums, poor bastards" a laughable line steeped strong in false confidence, followed by an eager "An' you two? From the big Isle? What's home for ya?" asked equally to both, looking to shift topics as driver to gear.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Mavior Eleus
Listening to Nayr's explanation, mental cogs slowly turned in methodical order...Duplex Vitae and Aere? A mutation then....or she truly was tenebris? But if that was the case, she was lying about Aere...or the statistical improbability of being a Tres? More questions than answers presented themselves at times, and with questions came knowledge to be gained...quite interesting. At the statement of 'First real friends here', mental gears came to a screeching halt...if this was a cartoon, smoke would have poured from his ears and the noise would have been extremely audible. He had...made a friend? He hadn't expected to achieve that for at least a month...this entire evening continued to get stranger and stranger.

Listening to Nayr continue to speak, this time about cooking a meal. They sounded...vaguely familiar, likely something he'd only touched on in a book before filing it deep into the recesses of his mind, like an old book one only pulled out when they needed to find that photo from years ago that they had hidden away. "That makes sense, and is very...minutely familiar sounding. I likely read something, and stored the information away as it has very niche and specific use that I frankly will not use in a long time. The meal does sound pleasant however. The savory notes from umami with heat would make a good dish."

Hearing Zaks joke he gave a slow nod, his brain having gone back to routine operation in spite of it undergoing a screeching halt mere moments ago. "I do not mind chipping in to cover expenses for a meal, I cannot guarantee what I have would cover the entirety of what's been described. I do not have extensive funds, as the sad truth." With that said, he listened patiently as Zak spoke, filing away all the information he was given, like a crazed librarian putting books away to read later. Getting hit with a question he shifted gears. "Terra Augurium is my home nation...though I lived off the coast on a small island enclave...many just call it 'Isle of Mist'...frankly I'm not sure anyone knows we exist, outside of Augurium. The entire island is hidden by mist like fog, and society is tightly nit, mostly urban city. I was born into a small household...there isn't much to speak of, besides that."

~ Nayr ~
What's home to me? she thought, pursing her lips lightly as she debated on how to answer it. Both of their answers sounded so interesting. Zak definitely lived in the boonies. Mavior sounded like he lived somewhere mysterious, though incredibly isolated. She smiled a little, "I've moved around a bit, I guess. Always on Terra Augurium. I've seen the Crystal Fields with my Mother and Father - they're both Ultimas, so they probably don't treat the place as seriously as they should... I've been in the middle of nowhere in the massive deserts. I've seen the red rock in the middle of the continent... Irradiated salt flats... major cities. Honestly, you name it, I've probably seen one form of it or another."

"Home, though, is my parents' pocket-dimension. It's not really something known very well, though not a secret, but the Ultima all have their own pocket-dimension. It's like a rite of passage to them to make one for yourself, though I've got no idea how they do it. The idea of it is pretty foreign to me. My dad's family is... complicated... so it's moreso based on what my mom likes. She's infatuated with the Crystal Fields, so our land is based on that. She's obsessed with all the different creatures of it, always saying she wants to make a zoo one day..."

Nayr had a far off look to her eyes, "My family, in general, is complicated. My dad grew up, at least in part, in a place like what you talked about. What you keep calling a slave-slum. His brothers, my uncles, died in their infancy - something that happens an awful lot when you have ultima blood... His parents couldn't handle it at the time. They smothered him. He ran away. Kind of hard to live though when you've got nothing to your name, so he spent some time in some far off boonie slums. Doesn't talk about it a whole lot though. I just know it sucked to all hell, and he was real damn lucky that he didn't get stuck up in an auction or somethin'... chained up and sold off to who knows where... The fact that even happens in today's world..."

She shuddered, but smiled again after a moment, "He's made up with his parents since then. It's been a heck of a long time, after all."

Nayr held her hand out, palm up, and watched as a tiny flower grew out of nothing, deep in thought about something. She may as well have had a lightbulb go off over her head though, as her eyes lit up, "OH! 144! Duh!! Gods I am an idiot."

Zak of Moon

source-7.gif
Mav was on again with all manner of random words; and he'd mentioned Nayr's squid again.... Umami... All Zak could do was blur things he'd never heard. Not like he was gonna ask definitions anyway, embarrassing business and it'd clog the convo. No-no, instead he'd scrabble and scrape per usual to glean general meanings and the like. Things like Mavior's lack of funds, and ooh boy did Zak have ideas about making coin. Moon was iron-sure he'd be against stall nickin' but it was courtesy to offer a crew-spot. His slum-gang was always down like four flats to go theivin, maybe the people of Mavior's misty mystery isle were the same? It's not like a roadmen had to be emotional, plenty of dead faced crooks in the world. A Longshot of course but good heisting requires good help. So filing it away Moon buried the idea for future talk of turning empty to full-brimmed pockets.

If Zak was 99.9% sure of Mav's future refusal, he was 100% sure of Nayr's. She wasn't the type at all, a company gal with Ultima parents. Zak had pieced together the Ultima-Government connection and a cop's daughter wasn't the type to nab trinkets. A shame, for wingwomen were far better at creating distractions than men. Nothing could peel a merchant from loot like an "injured" attractive girl clutching an ankle asking for help. The sad sap bastards always turned a blinder when that happened. Even if it stopped Zak's petty ambition her backstory was actually quite interesting. Highly relatable when talking of her father too. Zak was of an enslaved tribe, he knew first hand the brutality. His back bore the scars and his city lay conquered, corrupted and in ruin. Even Moon couldn't hold a quick grimace as Nayr mentioned the people-shops; hell, he'd been scheduled for sale before escape. He'd dodged it sure but seeing others auctioned off the block in chains was enough to know the human cost. It made Zak brew hot under calm exterior, thinking about inequity as Nayr punched her story's end with "OH! 144! Duh!! Gods I am an idiot". Zak would have to switch gears fast, looking at Nayr with - -

"Sounds like an ell' of a walk, and an ell' of a family, lucky ya dad is Nay, places like that ain't easy to last in" flashing a smile as he paused, jumping then to - -

"Pockets carved a space, fine mage-work at' is. The ol' sage-man ad' one back in Bourne, hid a field house n' his shack" said with admiration to the ridiculous accomplishment and thoughts of the huge training area the Sage hid in a broom closet. Zak didn't understand the method but folding space was interesting as it got. Perhaps Mavior from mystery mist Island understood something of it, speaking of mystery mist Island...

"AY Mav, that the mist-trap coastside wid-em big bastard sea beasts? At' take ships fa midday's snack? Headin' up from eastbay the boatmen told me em' tales, said its a death trap. At bit true?" Zak asks engaged, curious as could be of awesome mythic leviathans, wondering if they existed at all or if it were but a tale told by superstitious sailors.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Mavior Eleus
Mavior listened with rapt attention as nayr explained her home, taking note of her mention of living in a pocket dimension with her ultima parents...it made sense, he'd read a bit about such things existing, though he could always learn more. At the mention of the slavery a speck of emotion finally crested maviors face in the form of a barely noticeable pensive frown. Slavery was a hold over of humanities more animalistic tendencies he felt, no more than their need to feel a superiority to their peers and outright ownership... he let his thoughts carry him for a bit before they came to an end, and with them his slight frown, just as Nayr sprouted her small flower. Her Vitae work was efficient then, which was interesting to take note of...At her exclamation of '144' mavior gave a brief nod. "One fourty four is a bit of a ways from this dorm room, but I will escort you if you prefer to spend your evening there. Otherwise, the invitation to rest here remains."

Nodding at Zaks comment on dimensional pockets he chipped in as well. "The craft isn't easy from my understanding...though obviously the reward is worth it I would imagine. I am impressed you knew a sage who had such a place, not many can boast to do it...let alone can some boast to know someone who can." He paused for a moment at Zak's guess, and couldn't help but be mildly impressed with his room mates knowledge...what he knew was more than many could attest to it seems. "Correct, actually. The islands seclusion is in part due to the mist like fog, and in part because of it's unusual attraction to larger sea creatures. This proves problematic for sailing ships as they cannot sea...and if they can even maneuver, they run the risk of being devoured. They leave the island itself alone, some speculate that the island is simply distasteful to them...I could go on, but I fear you'd both find further elaboration boring and hard to follow to an extent."

Shifting his weight a bit into a more comfortable way of standing as he pulled out his phone to check the time again, he had to admit to himself it was growing later as they continued to speak. Normally, he would forgo social convention at this point and simply make an exit...but the conversation they were having at hand was proving far more appealing and rewarding to simply leave. Putting his phone back in his pocket, he mentally struggled to find a topic that the other two would be willing to follow, like one struggles to grab soap in a bath tub full of water. "So...I must admit, I did not expect to find any form of companionship for a month at least, so I have met a short term goal I had set for myself. Do either of you have a short term goal, even if it may appear meager?" It was better to go with something safe for now, such as 'hopes and dreams' of the less grand scale, as opposed to asking for them in full grandeur. At least in small scale, they had a chance of being more easy to accomplish, and therefore sooner to pass and be spoken of.

~ Nayr ~
Mavior was strange, though cute. Zak seemed like he had an abrasive personality, but was also pretty cute. He reminded her of a wild animal, a scrappy alley cat or something. Mavior on the other hand reminded her of an AI program that wasn’t quite all the way finished. Both of these thoughts brought a smile to her face.

“Goals? You’re odd, you know that?” She chuckled and looked up at the ceiling, “I’m gonna go for the ultima program eventually, that’s just what I’ve always been taught, so I don’t know what else I would do. But that’s more long-term, huh? As far as anything short-term goes... I dunno.”

Her eyes drifted back down to meet Mav’s, “I want to find a boyfriend or girlfriend or two... make friends... climb my way to the top of my classes... I want to have some things to tell my parents about. A big goal of mine that I hope to accomplish is to stop having such an issue with mana flow. Thanks to having ultima as parents, I have way too much mana. I need to control it better. In Vitae class my plant popped instead of grew. I’m not even really tired from working out my mana so much today. It sounds like a good thing, and in some ways it is, but for the most part it causes more problems than it’s worth. Those puddles of darkness you saw earlier being one such problem.”

“But yeah,” she said and leaned back on the counter, “Lookin’ for a boyfriend. You two know anybody in the market?” Nayr teased, grinning mischeviously at the two boys. She knew full-well she was attractive - no self-image issues there, and where teenage hormones were involved, she’d love any opportunity to get a rise and tease a little.

Zak of Moon

Picture_20191230_232957025.png
Zak nodded knowing at Mav's bit, pretentious in his own right. He was a savant after all, entirely un-stupid; even if brick-ignorant from time to time. Of course Zak knew someone with a dimension, and of course he knew of the sea-beasts; cultured he wasn't but worldly? Yes, that striked bell-tower true to Moon who pushed up onto the kitchen counter, sitting on it as Mav asked for short term goals....

Nayr's jab was right, roomie was odd. It didn't bug Zak for what it was though. Yeah Mav was stunted socially. Yeah he could be annoying in a way. Sure he was weird but weird is real. A reason why the home-crew was all off in one form or another. Fine with Zak cause' they were straight ace honest on who they were. Same with the Junior Ultima, an open book from the break. Spilling her career goal and...

Uhhhhhhj....

DDfhvetbhdsynhlifvjrfbgs (yes)

Zak's blood pressure spiked as he looked Nayr's way with cathedral-high brows. If this were a WB show the ceiling would have holes. "She-jus? What'na....? She's freaky" he'd think with gears crunching out an answer, cheeks flashing red from shock and inexperience. If only he'd-a spent less time fighting and more time mackin' back home. He was not an expert at this "flirtation" thing. His only fling had gone like a microwaved computer and beyond that it was a desert. Relationships had always been last among other priorities, this shit was foreign to him, but he was doubled up for it. He liked her looks and her energy equally.

Eagerness aside Zak quick-tongue was struggling to find words. He was a rookie in the game, a first round pick perhaps but DAMN! He'd have to think of something as zero turned to one second and as that went to two! It would get weird quick if he couldn't speak - - "AY! Say sumn ya Cosamiqura" he'd muse rabid; a tough internal pep-talk, because this was fourth quarter time.

giphy-109.gif
He had it, the lines were prime cooked. He'd return Nayr's smile and look square in her eye, speaking with a steady cadence and solid tone "All ya ave to-do is ask Nay. You're a gem n' Imma beau-iful bastard, Ultima to be like yaself n' not shy of it too. Take ya to the ol' trade isle sometime, grab a bite? Unless ya tastes run cold for ol' Mav here, the handsome lad" he'd finish, gesturing to his bloody rival *cough cough* friend. Zak didn't think his roommate would be a barrier here, he'd said his interest was near non-existent. Even so, the 5% that did could come to play if Nayr tapped into Mav's well hidden sliver of attraction. The metaphysical dukes were up.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Mavior Eleus
Listening to Nayr he could only give a simple nod at the statement of 'odd', along with the rest of her statements. "I have been informed that I am 'odd', yes. As for issues with excess mana, I would offer to be of assistance, however my own mana surplus is nowhere near yours it would seem." At her statement of searching for a mate, his complete indifference remained, though he supposed by many standards Nayr met the qualifications of attractiveness in life, she should have no issue finding someone...though before he could voice it, he noticed Zak grow more attentive than before, eyebrows arched and face flushed. It took him but a moment to figure what the reasoning may be...embarrassment? Interest? Perhaps a mix of both? It would be hard to really know until the male spoke.

Listening to Zak return the flirt, he couldn't help but take notice of the 'ultima to be' statement, latching onto it like a starved dog grabs onto a butchers steak. So he too intended to go Ultima? Quite interesting, he wasn't the usual image one received when they imagined an ultima, though his spirit was definitely at least the part. With that said, he may be the only one without that lofty goal...he was simply hear to gain as much as he could, attend any class he could, and then continue that search for knowledge. His internal musing was disrupted as he was mentioned, eyes looking towards Zak in silent...not so much confusion, but unanswered question. Why bring him up? He had stated earlier on he had no interest in anyone, did speaking about him increase Zak's chances in a way? Was it more so he was trying to 'play fair'? The only knowledge he had on romance were a few stories he had read when he had run out of material, but even then, the situation was lost on him.

"If I may interject. I do not know of anyone in the market personally, I apologize. I would not assume I meet anyone's criteria, nor taste...and I am fairly certain I am not the iconic image of handsome that society chooses to place on a throne, so to speak. I do however, wish you luck in your endeavor." His latter end of the statement wasn't self depreciating, simply said with factual indifference. He knew full well he was a unique individual in how he behaved, he had come to accept that long ago, and was quite okay with it. He also knew that he wasn't the iconic image of beauty, he was far from an Adonis, though he also knew he wasn't a horrible looking person, simply not 'Above the bar'. At any rate, what he had said should have certainly answered Nayr's question in full.

1577865116579.png~ Sylvia ~
The Lounge
The first kick of her opponent was a miss, though lucky for her that one was a fake anyway. The next action, however clever, was wasted on Sylvia. Her poor little bird of an opponent forgot to take into account that she was a Spiritus user. She could see her opponent's soul, and that sort of thing hardly required light. Mind, she could no longer see the floor, and that was a bit of a wrench in the gears... but she had some... ideas on how to end this fight.

Her thoughts went on pause for a moment as she had to block the swinging leg of Taram. She had found the correct one, and owwwww now her forearms huuuurt. Damn it. Being too upfront and attacking as the real her was a poor idea. Lesson learned. Always a new lesson learned. She got shoved back a good few feet from the kick, another problem of being so small. It didn't take a lot of force to make her move.

That was okay though. Next idea. Telekinesis.

She wasn't a Navitas user or anything, but that didn't mean she couldn't use straight mana for tasks. Couldn't forget that magic exists beyond the elements, even if it was more difficult and a lot more limited. This was gonna make her tired, and silently she mourned that fact. She didn't wanna be tired. She wanted to get more planning done, damn it.

Right. Right. Stay in the moment. Bein' cool and shit.

Sylvia hopped backward about fifteen feet and lifted her tiny arms into the air, cringing slightly as her forearms throbbed, and with the movement, the largest boulder she could find near enough to her lifted into the air. She then proceeded to throw it at her opponent, taking up the rest of the black bubble with the sheer size of the rock. She intended to end the fight here, with, she hoped, minimal injuries to Taram.

Kyrenka Kyrenka

~Taram Isa~
22:30 - The Longue

Taram Best.jpg Taram felt her leg connect with a satisfying thud. That's the real one! How lucky! The first one she attacked was the right one. Keeping track of the real Sylvia, the blonde stalked closer cautiously. She could practically feel this fight coming to a close, but that didn't mean that the Spiritus user didn't have another trick up her sleeve. Suddenly, her opponent sprung into the air. There it is! Taram shifted in order to brace herself for an attack, but it didn't come. Instead, the clones disappeared. Then, the senses that she used to navigate through the darkness were unexpectedly overwhelmed. It was a confusing mess, and the Tres Forus struggled to make sense of what the fuck she was feeling. It was huge and it was plowing into her dome. Eyes widening in realization, the blonde dove to the side a little too late and got clipped on her shoulder by the boulder as it flew by. The dome disappeared along with Taram's concentration. Holy shit. Staring at the giant rock that had landed just a few inches away from her, the blonde winced as she rubbed the sore spot on her shoulder. That's definitely leaving a bruise. Slowly, she stood back up and raised her hands in surrender. Leveling her gaze to her opponent, she announced, "I'm tapping out." There was no shame in it at this point. Sylvia was way out of Taram's league and had more experience than her; not to mention the fact that she was almost flattened by a fucking boulder. Besides, we gave the newbies the show they wanted.

1577940244317.png~ Locoma ~
He was cute, bringing a small smile to her face as she watched him emerge from a pile of things he had been working on. In all honesty, the lack of organization and the general mess he made was a bit perturbing, but at least for now it was charming. He cleaned up quickly and re-presented himself to her, asking about what she'd like to eat.

She pursed her lips, "That's the thing, I'm not sure." Locoma sighed and moved to her bedroom, setting down her bag and kicking off her shoes before returning, "I kind of want junk food, something small before bed. That kind of almost not quite food food that's more of a paste? Probably bad for you but it's so good in that junk-type-of-way you don't care? That's what I want. So... maybe desert? Funnel cake? Churro?"

She shrugged and moved past him into the kitchen, peeking into the fridge. It was moderately stocked - the necessities were there, but it was clear they were expected to buy their own food if they weren't eating at the cafeteria. "How tired are you?" she asked, closing the fridge door in mild disappointment. She flicked a hair out of her face with a sharp move of her head, mind far off from the current situation.

If she was tired come the morning, it would give her an opportunity to try one of her potions... but if it didn't work she'd have to find something else to make it work, and that'd be problematic for classes. She could try it on Thomas instead, but the boy was already hyper enough it seemed. Would that be better or worse for study...? Hmm...

EldridSmith EldridSmith

1567463295966.png Thomas began overanalyzing the different foods that fit her description and were similar enough to her examples. "I can make cake, churros, cheesecake.... OH!!! Mexican sweet corn cake? Those sweet corn balls from those Mexican restaurants back home. Would you like some of those?" He says thinking alloud before asking. "Huh? Physically I'm exhausted. Mentally..." He pauses midway, still far too timid to openly confess that he loved her to mention that his mind --and heart-- was racing. "I-I'm fine overall... just a little sore... w-why do you ask?" He asks his mind wandering once again. Could it be because she's concerned? Could it be I look tired? C-COULD IT BE THE BEDTIME ACTIVITIES I WAS TOLD ABOUT??? He thinks to himself, imagining himself cuddling with Locoma as they both drifted off to sleep, causing him to blush again. "A-Anyways what would you like to eat?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
1577948731820.png~ Ivanna ~
The Lounge
Woo! Fight club!!

Ivanna was intensely excited about the prospects of seeing more people fight. Plus this might be an opportunity to meet her brothers! She scurried over to where her Mama had told her it would be as soon as the class had let out. Lo and behold, there it was. Seryva, Ellania, the Security Ultima, and Damon included. So many Ultima in one place! She was buzzing at the thought.

It didn't take her long to spot not only one of her brothers but all three! (Okay, yes, technically she was their... aunt? But that was weird. She was too young to be their aunt, so they were her brothers instead!) She was so nervous... she almost didn't want to approach them. She watched one of them from a distance - Ivan. Would he like her? He didn't even know she existed... would he prefer to not know? Mama said all the family would be happy to know her, like really happy, but... she was nervous.

Mama was so protective after Daddy died, that she didn't get to go out much. Mama kept her to herself, her own little secret, safe from everybody, even family. Ivanna decided to watch the fight instead... take her mind off the nervousness.

And take her mind off of it it did! The fight was amazing to watch - both fighters were so astonishing and impressive! They made the little things she could do look like toddler toys. The big black bubble, the giant rock finale! So cool. And then, just as it started, it was over. She felt more awake than ever, energized and ready to take on the world... or in this case her brothers. The first one, the youngest one. The least intimidating for her to approach. He was still older than she was, but at least he was closer to her age.

She skipped up to him and planted herself in front of the boy, looking a spitting image of her Mama, if only a lot younger.

"Hi!" she squeaked out, waving as though her hand was trying to fall off, "I'm Ivanna! It's nice to meet you. It's nice to meet a fellow Timurovich!"

Osuka Osuka

Users who are viewing this thread

Back