• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Atlantic University (OPEN)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
tumblr_o85u94wnxq1v8r0kko1_250.gif

Rose Kingsley
Interactions: Billie, Solis Solis

Rose's smile widened at her words, her amazement in the simplest lies, were... well, they were just hands down adorable. With a small towards her, she placed her coffee on the table next to her and twisted it a bit so she could see, narrowing her eyes at the name written down on the side of the cup, she shook her head, amused. "My name isn't Rae. Maybe I should take my tip back." She teased, and rolled her eyes at the girl, who, now she had a name for.

Cute.

"Rose... Kingsley." The blonde didn't have a huge name for herself considering she was just a freshman, but word had gotten around that it was her mother's doing that had gotten her into the school on account of being apart of the board. And, to be perfectly honest? Rose didn't care what anyone thought of her, but she was hoping this girl didn't hear about it or peg her for the helpless type. She was far, far from it. "I was bored." That sounded a bit harsh, but it was the truth.

"Not that I don't find you incredibly entertaining on your own. But hopping from club to club while people distract themselves with their phones, well, it made me a bit bothered. So... I'd thought I'd help. I don't have anything else better to do anyway." Well, she could've been working on her essay, or her newfound project, or... there was plenty things to do.

Maybe this blonde she found Billie a bit better than the other options.

River Lennox
Mentions: Orion
Interactions: Lumen ( Solis Solis )
Outfit:
x

River watched the man turn around swiftly, a sharp gasp escaping from his parted lips. She immediately winced, taking a step back as to not crowd him. Instinctively, she muttered a quick, "Sorry," before averting her gaze. River knew full well the rush of adrenaline that came with being surprised. Even though in this case, the surprise was her and she had no bad intentions against him, they didn't know each other and he had no reason to think her trustworthy. From a childhood of surprises that were far from kind and exciting, River wouldn't wish that momentary rush of panic on anyone. Nevertheless, River felt a small amount of relief when he smiled at her, taking that as meaning he wasn't upset with her. His hair fell down to his shoulders in blonde curls and his eyes were a soft but friendly blue. He appeared young, maybe a freshman or sophomore, though River wasn't sure.

She easily handed over the tablet as he took it from her, averting his gaze to the screen to fill it out. River briefly had half a mind to warn him about joining too many clubs in the Fall semester and biting off more than he could chew in terms of extracurricular activities. But he seemed like a laid-back person, almost like Orion in a way, and River had a feeling he wouldn't need the warning. The brunette musician tilted her head curiously when the guy said that his name was 'Lumen.' It was original, unique, much like she expected him to be. "Lumen, huh?" she began, pondering where she had heard that word before. "I think that's Latin for 'light,' right? That's an interesting name, I must admit." River offered him a smile in return. "Are you new to Atlantic University?"

codedbycrucialstar​

82a875d377f5f203d491b1ced52f9c0f.jpg
Adriel
Interaction(s): MarsRover MarsRover

He chuckled. "I have my ways," he said. "Don't underestimate me just yet." He looked over at her before his head hit the rest behind him. He was going to die and he was settling on that idea. Death by car, it wasn't the worst way to go. "No complaints here." He shook his head. "I don't mind loud music." When he drove his music was always loud, but his car had a fancy feature that lowered the volume to a normal level whenever he turned the car off. He was grateful for that, it saved him from having a heart-attack every time he drove.

He tapped his thumbs on his knee to the beat of the music. "It's fine." He wasn't fussy when it came to music. "I listen to pretty much anything. I have a lot of older music on my playlists. I like anything from folk to rap," he said. "I do not listen to screamo though." He added. His mother was a big music buff, but she only listened to music before to 2000's; in her opinion, those were the classics that never died. "I should confess I don't frequent Thai places. My ignorance will be evident when we walk through the door." And he figured it was better to admit it now rather than later. "You'll have to show me the ropes. I don't want to order anything too bizarre." He wasn't sure his stomach could handle another almost squid.​

Billie Boden
interactions: Rose Soap Soap

“Well,” Billie paused, not sure whether to be offended by Rose’s phone comment. She decided it wasn’t meant to be rude, and grinned. “Thanks for your help, Rose.”

Billie could already tell that Rose was as headstrong and willful as she was, although maybe more outgoing and personable. The two of them together could be a force of nature — if they were to become close, anyone who’d dare to cross them would be in for a world of hurt. She could just feel the Bad Bitch Energy radiating off of Rose. She was intrigued.

“You wouldn’t happen to be interested in joining the club, would you? You’d be seeing a lot more of me. I mean, if you find me so entertaining. I’m part of the crew.”

Lumen Love
interactions: River MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Content Warning: Mention of Drugs

“I actually don’t know what it means, I just thought it was short for Illuminate or something.” He laughed. “My parents are weird.”

His parents were weird. Very weird. Uptight and boring. All the way up to the point where they kicked him out for smoking a little pot. Among some other things, which he wasn’t exactly proud of. His mother was fluent in Latin, so Lumen may very well have been exactly what River had thought.

“Yeah,” he mumbled. “I’m a freshman. Gonna try and make something of myself to spite my weird-ass parents.”​

Saito Hotaru
Outfit: x
Mood: Happy
Interactions: Eoin ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Hotaru smiled as he listed off his favorite color and book. She probably could've guessed the whole 'darker colors' thing. But when he mentioned the Notebook she raised an eyebrow. She had a hard time believing that it was his favorite movie, so it made sense when he said he was kidding. After thanking him for getting their drinks, Hotaru knew exactly what her favorite movie was.

"Princess Bride." Hotaru said, kind of shyly actually. She really loved the film. It had sword play, and romance, and all the good stuff. "I just really love it... It has that romantic aspect, but also shows you that smarts are important as well as strength. Besides, the characters are funny.” She giggled slightly as she thought of her favorite lines in the film.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:

River Lennox
Mentions: Orion, April ( txlos txlos )
Outfit:
x

River grinned at his response, letting out a soft giggle as well. "Well, I guess I can't say much. My parents named me River," she responded with a shrug. At the mention of her parents, River's smile quickly faded. She hadn't thought about them in a long time, hadn't spoken to them in years. The last time she had spoken to her mother or seen either of them was the day after her high school graduation just under three years ago. As far as her father was concerned, River had kept in touch with him for some time after she moved all the way from Kansas to Virginia. But, they slowly lost contact as he moved on with his new life and new family that didn't seem to have room for her. A pain shot through River's heart momentarily, but she blocked out the emotions from her face. The last thing she needed was someone she had just met asking if she was okay.

Luckily, she was saved by the bell or, in this case Lumen's response to her question. "A freshman, huh? Well, you've got a lot to experience here. I'm a junior this year, and my friend Orion over there is a senior. So, if you ever need help navigating college life, both of us would be more than happy to help," River responded with a soft smile, glancing over her shoulder to where her best friend stood behind her, still conversing with April. She wasn't quite sure what she would have done had she not met Orion during her freshman year. He was the brother she never had, and River would always be thankful. Turning back to face Lumen, River tilted her head, brown eyes filled with curiosity. "So what's your major? Photography? I study zoology and biology, though no one ever seems to believe me."

codedbycrucialstar​

uxSqTszb.png

Kinley Jones
Interactions: Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

"Yeah, screamo ain't my favourite. I've really been into bülow lately; have you heard of her?" Kinley glanced briefly at Adriel again, and then laughed at his confession. "Well, if all else fails, you can always get what I get. I promise I won't feed you raw fish, pretty boy. Besides, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how much you recognize on the menu."
It wasn't long before Kinley had pulled into the parking lot of a small strip-mall, sliding right into a spot in front of the restaurant. Thai Express, she thought to herself, giving a smile as she turned the engine off. Before exiting the car, though, she looked up at Adriel with a mischievous grin. "Are you sure you're ready for this experience, Adriel?" She teased him, amused by how little he seemed to know about Thai food. Kinley ate it all the time back home, so much so that finding a good Thai food place was on the top of her to-do list when she moved to the East Coast.
On the outside, the place didn't look very promising. It wasn't necessarily in a bad part of town, but it certainly wasn't in the posh part of town, either. Surrounding the restaurant, on either side was a smoke shop and a small, Asian grocer's, respectively. Kinley hopped out of the car and strode forward, right into the restaurant without another glance back at the boy she had brought with her.
Inside, the place was very clean, and although it was small, it did have quite a few places to sit if one so desired. The air smelled like a mixture of flavourful spices and sweet sauces, and the crackling of stir fries and noodle dishes being made echoed through the air, along with occasional shouts of orders from behind the counter. It was a cozy atmosphere, and it definitely made sense why Kinley chose to come here often -- from the somewhat dim lighting, to the deep colours of the walls and chairs, to the delicious aromas... It was a dream.

Rose Kingsley

Her smile widened and gave a nod in regard to her thanks. She seemed sweet, Rose might've had a bit of a sweet-tooth here and there. If anything, she was more than up for a bit of fun with the other blonde. "Mm. Of course, always here to help." She stated as her eyes lingered on Billie, she was merely just taking in her appearance. One could say 'checking her out.' But that seemed unclassy and rude.

She almost missed her words, being too lost in her own thoughts to process what she'd said. "Hmm?" She shook her head free of her small daze.

Oh. Joining another club? She raised an eyebrow at her words, 'seeing a lot more of me?' Rose didn't exactly want to turn that invitation down, and then... she continued. Right, because... she's apart of the crew.

"Normally, I'd say no." She shook her head again with a smile, leaning over to grab the sign up sheet. Effectively signing her name and handing it back to her.

Last edited:
500full-danny-schafer.jpg
Eoin
Interaction(s): Meme Machine Meme Machine

Eoin smiled. He'd seen that movie before, but it had been a long time. His younger siblings liked the movie. He nodded. "Inconceivable," he said with a laugh. It was the only line he could say from memory. "I haven't seen it in years. My siblings used to carry the book with them wherever they went." He sipped his tea, it reminded him of home. His smile shrunk. He was looking forward to seeing his crazy bunch again, even if it was a long way off.

"So you are a romantic." He nodded. "Maybe with a side of adventure, since the movie does involve some sword fighting." He chuckled lightly. "From what I remember, I agree with your assessment." Even if she was completely off base, he wouldn't know. "I like your laugh," he said. "It's contagious." Or maybe it was the fact he was growing quite find of her, he wasn't sure which it was yet. She was easy to talk to and her kind spirit was enticing.

82a875d377f5f203d491b1ced52f9c0f.jpg
Adriel
Interaction(s): MarsRover MarsRover

"I can't say that I'm all that familiar with her music," he admitted. "I'm not always that great with artists names either." He ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm better with songs." He chuckled lightly before glancing over at her. "Alright. I appreciate the vote of confidence. My friends are pizza and burger people, none would likely set foot in a restaurant that sold anything else." Adriel was never fussy about much growing up and like most men, a good meal satisfied his stomach as well as his heart.

When they pulled into the parking spot Adriel sighed before his stomach grumbled. "We'll find out." He glanced at the restaurant. "No turning back now." He hopped out of the car and turned to look at her, but she was already walking through the door. He shook his head and let out a soft laugh before following after her. She had no regard for what was socially acceptable, but he found it amusing. Most people were too polite and being from Minnesota, he was sick of the "niceness" associated with the state. She was breath of fresh air, albeit the air was cold air, but refreshing nonetheless. When he stepped inside the smell hit him, the sweet and spicy aroma played nicely together. He licked his lips, ready to try whatever Kinley suggested.​

0b6a473470f121c4769eccf053c3cf90--cute-beauty-model-face.jpg
Billie Boden
Interactions: Rose ( Soap Soap )

Billie grabbed the clipboard back from Rose, flinching a little when their fingers touched. She grinned at Rose's almost immediate agreement to join the club. She was excited to be seeing the other blonde again. The thought of it made her grin become slightly more permanent. Billie couldn't remember the last time she felt so many butterflies in her stomach. Probably with her ex, Keith, but she refused to give him credit for any good in her life. Butterflies included. She ran a finger through her hair and picked her phone back up again. This time, she snapped a picture of Rose.

"Payback," she said, sticking her tongue out. "Didn't your parents ever teach you that it's rude to take pictures of people without their permission? It's like pointing at people you don't know... or... something." Billie's words seemed a little bit angry, but were intended as nothing more than light flirtation. She didn't want to just fully hit on Rose -- what if she wasn't into girls? How awkward would that be? Billie tossed her hair behind her shoulders and sighed heavily.

Lumen Love
Interactions: River ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

"I'm an art major," Lumen shrugged. "Truth is, I don't know the first thing about photography. My sister's paying for half of my tuition and her one request was that I get involved in one thing or another, so..." Lumen threw his hands up and shrugged before placing them into his hoodie pocket. It was kind of River to offer help. Lumen wasn't used to such kindness from anyone except relatives. And weird guys from his school who'd pretend to be interested in him so that he'd smoke them up. Lumen wasn't stupid. He knew when people were only being nice to him because they wanted something. River clearly had nothing to take from him, so he trusted her immediately.

Lumen glanced Orion, the boy River had acknowledged earlier. He was cute, but absolutely straight. Straight boys, Lumen decided, were the devil. He was sure Orion was different than the crusty, toxicly masculine straight boys from the suburbs he once called home, but the bad taste in his mouth was still there. Lumen was a loner simply because he preferred to avoid straight men at all costs and because of the way girls tokenized him when they found out he was gay. 'Oh my god, you're soooo my GBF, WORK QUEEN.' It annoyed him to no end.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy/Flustered

Hotaru laughed as he said inconceivable. She could recite the movie almost by heart, from the shrieking eels, to the cliffs of insanity, the fire swamps, the machine, Miracle Max, and everything in between. She smiled as mentioned his siblings, but she also noticed his smile fell. He must miss them a lot. It made sense. He seemed to love them a lot.

“You seem to like your family a lot, hmm? Lucky.” She spoke in a teasing tone, taking a sip of her tea. Hotaru loved her family a lot too. They just became overbearing sometimes. She almost choked on the tea when he complemented her laugh, and she had to grab a napkin to cover her mouth. She laughed again from tea, and whipped it away before looking at him, her cheeks a bit redder. They seemed to take that color a lot around him.

“Thanks...... yours too. I like your laugh to.” She smiled. She wasn’t lying, she really did. It was nice, and softer. Her mother and father’s laugh was always sharp and grating. Her aunt...... her aunt laughed loudly. He didn’t. It was nice.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:

Rose Kingsley

No, she wasn't expecting Billie to take a photo of her. She raised a surprised brow and crossed her arms, her drink being held by the tips of her fingers, she tapped on the lid absentmindedly. Grinning at her words and her eyes lingered on her mouth when she stuck her tongue out. Her gaze fell once she mentioned parents.

Rose shook her head softly and her grin faded the slightest bit.

"You're not supposed to point at people you don't know?" She asked teasingly. Please, as if her parents ever wanted to teach her anything more than how to handle finance in a company, the only things Rose had ever learned from them was... marriage sucked. Besides that, well, her parents weren't as involved with her as they were with their other siblings.

It didn't bother her as much though, it's not like they didn't try. But Rose was just interested in other things and ignored their own aspirations, even more so whenever an argument had broke out between them. "I'm doing a bit of a project, one that I thought of immediately when I saw you. Maybe you're my... muse." Rose made a small flourish with her free hand, a smile threatening to show.

"So, a pretty girl working the booth alone? No... theater buddies along with you, no Boyfriend?"

Billie Boden
Interactions: Rose ( Soap Soap )

Billie blushed ever so slightly when Rose called her pretty. It wasn't like she was unaware of the fact that she was pretty, she just didn't really take time to flirt with anyone in her classes or even in the theatre club. She was generally too busy to worry about that sort of thing. She also didn't expect to be called pretty by someone who she thought was almost a million times more gorgeous.

"The rest of the theatre department is busy -- it's tech week for a show they were rehearsing for all summer." Billie scoffed and rolled her eyes a little bit. "Nobody else on the crew volunteered to do this, so they just picked someone. Lucky me, right? I almost wish I'd have auditioned for the show so I wouldn't have to do this."

Billie had intentionally avoided answering the question about a boyfriend. She was single, but the last boyfriend she had left a sour taste in her mouth. He had been the one to corrupt her during her freshman year of high school, and then leave her by the end of her sophomore year because he didn't like what he'd created. Halsey's Colors came to mind when she thought about him. You were red, and you liked me because I was blue. But you touched me, and suddenly I was a lilac sky. And you decided purple just wasn't for you. Though he was the one to lead her down the wrong path, he was also the one who inevitably inspired her to focus more on her studies. She made something of herself by running off of nothing but spite. She was happy to turn him down after he came crawling back when she graduated high school as salutatorian.

"But, then, if I were acting in the show, I wouldn't have met you." Billie looked at her feet, slightly embarrassed. "I can't tell yet, but I feel like that would have been a missed opportunity."​

Rose Kingsley

Rose was extremely perceptive. She narrowed her eyes the slightest bit to see if she imagined her small blush, watching her speak with a set grin on her face. Though she didn't mention the part about the boyfriend, so that said something to the blonde, either she had relationship troubles with one.

Or she was taken. Bille continued, and well, this girl was completely adorable. It was settled. She chuckled and nodded. "I feel like it might've been a missed opportunity too."

Her eyes lingered on Billie for a moment longer, returning to the students beside them. "Well then, I'm afraid I'll have to leave you all alone." Rose mock pouted.

"At least you've got a few new recruits to keep you busy."​

River Lennox
Mentions: Orion
Outfit:
x

River tilted her head curiously, ombre brunette hair falling forward over one shoulder. Art would be an interesting major, if she was in anyway good at anything artistic outside of music. But that was Orion's world, not hers. He could create graphics, realistic drawings, and designs so easily. Meanwhile, the only thing River could draw with any degree of decency was field sketches of animals and slides she looked at under the microscope. Maybe that left brain vs right brain personality trait she read about in a magazine was true after all. Either way, she admired art majors for their creativity and ability to make some beautiful from just some art supplies. She had her own major-related talents, like remembering the scientific names of numerous species and being able to recite the periodic table in order from memory. But, in her mind, those things were far less impressive than art.

"You have a sister? That's nice of her to help out with your schooling. Is she in school as well?" River asked, then bit her lip. Maybe that question was too personal. She didn't want to put her nose in someone else's personal business. "Sorry," she added sheepishly, "You don't have to answer that if you don't want to." River felt a bit of anxiety shoot adrenaline like ice through her veins. She hated that feeling, and wanted nothing more in that moment than a glass of wine and a cigarette. They weren't exactly healthy coping mechanisms. But they were the only ones River knew how to use, and therapy to learn others was too expensive.

codedbycrucialstar​

Eoin

He smiled at her statement. His family was one of a kind and the loyalty they had for one another was unsurpassed. They were the the reliable people that seek their whole life to find. Of course they had their faults, but they had hearts of gold. "You alright?" He asked, frowning for a moment as she sputtered on her tea. "Sorry." he gave her a sheepish grin before chuckling softly. He hadn't expected that reaction from her. Most of the compliments he gave her warranted a surprised response. He was beginning to assume she didn't get many compliments growing up.

"Thanks," he beamed once more before leaning back in the chair. He brought the tea up to his lips and took a sip. Tea was far better than coffee those that disagreed were bonkers. "Tell me something Hotaru, do you have a boyfriend?" He was genuinely curious and it was important information to know; this question should have been asked earlier, but he was lost in his conversation with her that he hadn't considered it before now. It was pertinent to know moving forward and it would curb any flirting between them if her answer was "yes".

His blue eyes rested on her green grey ones, he come to regard them as safe and relaxing. She was different to read in certain aspects, despite her face being like an open book her words were not. Sometime the words that she spoke made him pause, but he recovered quickly. What did lucky mean? Was she envious? She hadn't spoke about her family in a fond way, but she didn't talk about them as though she disliked them either. He figured it was a sensitive subject that he best not broach yet.​

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru smiled, and waved his apology off. She didn’t really know what he was sorry for; He had complimented her, and that didn’t warrant an apology.

“You don’t have anything to be sorry for.” She said simply, and holding her tea with both hands. The Kappu they had here were different than the ones she had in Japan. It was a bit odd, but they were easier to hold. She was all smiles until he asked her a question that made her have several reactions all in the span of ten seconds. The first was slight sarcasm. She scoffed slightly, and shook her head. Her parents would never have let her get a boyfriend unless they matched her up.

The second reaction was surprise. After she shook her head, she was about to say something when the seriousness of the question sunk in. He didn’t seem to be joking about ‘ooohh who is he?’ He was more genuinely curious. This made her pause, and her face to turn red slightly.

The the third was, of course, being flustered. Her face turned bright red, and she looked down slightly. She murmured a few things before tried to compose herself, and evenly spoke. Though her face gave it away.

“No, I don’t. Honestly, in Japan I never had time for that. I’ve never even had a crush.” She almost cringed as she realized she was seriously lying on that last sentence. Sure, she had never had a crush in Japan, but in America things seemed to change quickly. “But, I guess that’s also part of why I’m here. Academics and social life. So, honestly, I’m not even sure what the future might hold.” She finished off with drumming her fingers against her the thing holding her tea, (she forgot what it was called in English) as she pursed her lips slightly.

Kappu means cup in Japanese.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Eoin

Eoin nodded, he hadn't meant to take her off guard with his compliment, but she'd better get used to them. Her face flushed red again and s smile tugged at the corner of his lips. Each time the radish red colour overcame her, he felt amused, but not in a prideful way. Her pure spirit made him feel light, like he could walk on water; it was a strange feeling, but it was almost intoxicating. He watched her as she avoided his steady gaze, he couldn't quite hear what she said, but her somewhat confidence demeanor returned. She never had time for a crush, that seemed crazy to him. In Ireland there was always some girl that caught his attention, whether or not he chased them was a different story. Despite busy schedules, he always made time for some social interactions or else he'd go nuts.

"I know we're only a few weeks in, but are you enjoying it so far?" He asked. College was different than he expected, but sometimes it was more than he had anticipated. The class load was different than he expected but he was learning a lot. The social aspect was nothing like at home. People always found his accent fascinating, but it seemed as though no one actually wanted to get to know him. It bothered him not to have anyone to talk with or hangout with, aside from his sister. Despite all the freshman craziness, he was still thoroughly enjoying his time and he didn't regret his decision. "I think that's the beauty of college," he said. "Never knowing what's going to happen or what you might become, but working toward it anyway." He chuckled softly; it seemed ironic too, working toward a mysterious goal. "I've always heard college is about discovery." Maybe those people were onto something. "At least we don't have to go at it alone." He smiled and he hoped her feelings were mutual.​

Saito Hotaru

Noticing his slight surprise as she mentioned not having time for relationships, Hotaru thought back on it. Sure, several cute guys had asked her out during her short and simple years in high school, but she had either been so distracted with school it didn't register until later, or she got way to flustered and ran away. She sighed to herself, very VERY glad she hadn't run away from Eoin. She enjoyed talking to him.

However, Hotaru had to smile softly as he described college as it was to him. Discovery. That seemed about right. Discovery of person, and places, and everything. It had been very recently she had joined, her parents waiting until the very last minute to send her. Trying so hard to 'keep her safe'. But hey, she got them to let her come, and that made it worth it. Not knowing anything about anyone here, yet working so hard to find their place. That seemed right. To her, at least.

Pausing when he mentioned not being alone in this, and she wondered exactly what that meant. Did he mean in general, with his family here and friends he surly had besides her? Or did he mean her? Reading people's emotions was never Hotaru's strong suites, and she knew it. But she ignored it. She smiled back at him and nodded. Whatever he meant, she was still glad he didn't think she was some dumb village girl with no life. Even though in her own eyes, that's exactly what she was.

"Yeah. I guess were not alone, are we?" As she looked up at him, she didn't even notice she was getting a little lost in his eyes. They were just…… such a pretty blue. She had never been able to get that color on paper.

codedbycrucialstar

556474e688e64afd2b025194a74aa09e.png
Eoin

Eoin nodded, glad he met her. The introduction was humorous and embarrassing, on her part, but he was glad he'd decided to go to the club fair. "Definitely not alone," he said with a smile before checking his phone. Time certainly was flying by and he didn't want to part yet. "What would you say if we got outta here?" He asked spinning his tea around. "Maybe find something to eat?" His stomach was starting to grumble lowly and he needed to keep the monster at bay. "Anything you want, I'm not fussy." He chuckled lightly before leaning forward.

He watched her closely. He wasn't sure if she'd be willing to go out and eat something, sometimes girls were touchy when it came to meals. He didn't think she was that kind of girl, but he refrained from judging her, since he hadn't know her long anyway. He brought the tea to his lips again and finished the last of it off. His tea intake was satiated for the day, or hour, but he was growing more hungry. He regretted not grabbing any of the candy they'd walked by at the club fair.​

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru had a slight moment inside her strange little head. Her ‘moment’ consisted of streamers, butterfly’s, confetti, screaming happily, and also rocking back and forth repeating don’t mess this up. If he really did want to hang out with her, than that was amazing, but probably wasn’t the case. Maybe he just didn’t know many people? Either way, Hotaru was glad he asked.

She didn’t even notice she still hadn’t answered, and was still staring at his eyes, until she snapped out of her moment. She gasped slightly, nodding quickly.

“Oh. Oh! Yeah, yes. Definitely. Although, I’ve never been in this area before....... so I don’t really know what’s around. Do you?” She had no idea how long she had been staring, but she hoped it hadn’t gotten too awkward. Probably not, considering he was still talking to her. But who knows?

At this point, Hotaru had finished her tea, and was tapping the cup with her pinky. It was a nervous habit she had, along with bitting the edges of her nails. The edges were practically raw and bloody from how many times she had ripped the skin.

“I mean, how long have you been here? In America, I mean? I moved just a little while ago, so I don’t know how long you have been here...... am I rambling??”

Her tapping ceased, but the nervousness remained.

codedbycrucialstar

Eoin

Eoin smiled as he looked into her enchanting eyes. She was obviously distracted by something, but he wasn't too concerned, he liked studying her face. Her soft features, cute nose, and nice lips. When she nodded he chuckled lightly. "I'm not that familiar with the area either," he said with a smile smile tugging at his lips. "I know there is a burger and pizza place close by and I think a Chinese place too." He shrugged. "We could always see where the road takes us?" He suggested before standing and stretching.

"I haven't been here long. Just since school started," he said. "Eh. Your rambling is cute." He shrugged before saying, "I did come up a a week or so earlier to look around, but I don't remember much." He chuckled. "I don't have a car so I don't get far, aside from walking I mean." Most of what he needed was on campus though and he usually ate at the cafeteria, even though he wasn't a huge fan of it. It was better than starving, which was what would happen if he was fussy. He had gone to this pizza joint nearby with some friends, but he couldn't remember exactly where it was.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy

Her breath caught in her throat momentarily when he called her rambling cute. She bit her tongue and took a deep breath. Why did this person have such a..... hold over her? If that was the right saying.

She listened as he spoke, smiling a little as he talked about how he just moved here. But the man when food was mentioned, her face lit up at the sound of a cheese burger. She giggled slightly when he said he didn’t have a car. She didn’t either, her aunt dropped her off until she could buy her own. Although Hotaru was probably going to buy a motorcycle instead.

“I don’t have one either. We may have to choose some place closer then.” She smiled softly, and dint speak in a insulting or annoyed way. Just as a fact. She thought about making a joke, but then second guessed it. She didn’t think she had that confidence.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Eoin

Eoin's face lit up when she giggled and he assumed that meant she had an appetite. Girls with appetite's were always more attractive. Eoin nodded. "You're right." He pulled up his phone. "There has to be a place with some good grub nearby." He opened the GPS and looked in the area. "There's a burger place nearby," Eoin said as he looked down at her. "Want to check it out?" He asked with a small smile.

Eoin slid his phone back into his pocket. He was pretty confident he'd been to the burger place before, it sounded familiar, but a lot of burger places were similar. Eoin ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath. Tomorrow things would go back to normal and the bliss from this day would disappear. At least one good thing came out of this day, well, maybe two; he did join the club, but that wasn't as significant as the person sitting before him. In just a short amount of time he'd grown quite fond of her company and he assumed she felt the same. He was curious about where this friendship would go.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy/Concerned

Hotaru’s smile got a bit wider when he mentioned burgers. She didn’t have many in Japan. She didn’t have much junk food in general, so any chance she had, she took it. She nodded slightly and watched as he ran his hand through his hair. He was so nice to her, just genuinely being kind. It was new, and kinda odd for her, but she liked it. It also helped that he looked fantastic.

She hesitated in speaking when the happy look slightly faded from his face. He seemed.... disappointed in somthing? At first, she thought the worst. Maybe he didn’t like hanging out with her anymore. Or he had to leave? Did he not want to have hamburgers? Hotaru sighed shortly, and realized she was being irrational. It’s was fine. It was probably something else.

“What’s wrong, Eoin?” She asked, tilting her head slightly. She tried to make her voice a bit softer, as she herself would get startled if she was daydreaming and someone used a loud voice near her.

codedbycrucialstar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back