• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Atlantic University (OPEN)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
EQ9vKxKb.png

Kinley Jones
Interactions: Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Kinley studied Adriel's face as he spoke, nodding and committing his features to memory, trying her best to find ways to associate them with his name: A-D-R-I-E-L. The girl was good with faces, but names often escaped her, and her synesthesia made it difficult to pair names together with their appropriate faces, especially if they didn't feel the same. Kinley hummed softly, tilting her head a bit as she considered the boy before her.
"Oh, did she publish anything, or was she not that kinda writer?" She asked, a genuinely curious tone to her voice. She was always looking for something new to read, and if he could introduce her something she hadn't heard about before, then she was all in.
The dark-haired girl smiled slightly, tucking a loose curl behind her ear and glancing back at her paper. "I dunno, I..." She trailed off, silent for a moment as she thought about how to vocalize her reasoning. "I wanna help people, I guess. Be there when they need it and all of that. Specifically, I wanna be a surgeon. A trauma surgeon."
Kinley had always dreamt about being a doctor: about changing somebody's life, about bringing new life into the world, about giving people the second chances they deserved. But it wasn't until her best friend back home, Jane, had gotten into a vicious crash that Kinley finally settled on being a trauma surgeon. She was a freshman when it happened, only a few weeks into her years of university to come, and she ached so badly to fly home immediately and help her life-long friend out. The fright -- and the hope, when Jane pulled through -- the situation had given her was the catalyst, the spark, that Kinley needed to pursue something she was so, so passionate about.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

april shorden

The redhead tilted her head to the side in slight confusion at the girl's answer, and eyebrow lifting. The girl was more than talented enough to be commissioned for the contest, and not only that, but the event held a pretty sizable amount of prize money for those who made the top three. "I think you're more talented than some of the violinists I've danced for," April shrugged, dismissing the judgmental dancers at her back and making her way to stand in front of the table. She took a moment to smile at the black haired boy next to the guitarist, studying him only briefly. He seemed like the type to hang in the back of coffee shops, smoke between classes, and that was only because she could smell it wafting off of him. Nonetheless, April did her best never to judge a book by it's cover. Lord knows it had never gotten her anywhere nice.

"I'm April by the way, I'm actually looking for a musician to work with," Forward as ever, tawny eyes gleamed with possibility. She was tired of classical music, tired of dancing to Beethoven and Bach, wanting nothing more than to go outside of her comfort zone for once. "Believe me when I say that you have the talent to be on that stage with the ensemble, I've been doing this competition for too many years. And if I have to hear one more recreation of Clair de Lune, I might just jump out the window."

MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Soap Soap

Orion Michelakis
Mentions: None
Interactions: River, Rose ( Soap Soap ), April ( txlos txlos )
Outfit: x

Orion chuckled at the notion of allowing people to take pictures of him as opposed to him of them. It was kind of strange, a photographer being afraid of his own photograph. It wasn't that Orion didn't like being photographed. He just didn't like the way he looked in pictures. Maybe it was a self-esteem thing. Maybe it was due to his overly critical photographer's eye. Either way, Orion would rather see other people in picture than himself. Shaking the thoughts away, he watched as Rose took the tablet from him, swiftly typing her information into it. He was a bit surprised to be honest, that she would so readily join a club without the "sign-throwing" enthusiasm she had mentioned not too long ago. But the dark-haired boy couldn't say he was upset. Based on the Polaroid alone, Rose was definitely talented.

Orion smiled a bit as Rose seemed to think about something for a moment, pulling a pen and photo out. He watched her curiously as she wrote on the back of it before pushing it against his chest. Orion took the photo, looking down at the picture briefly before flipping it over to see her information written neatly across the back. Orion grinned, chuckling lowly at her use of 'young whispersnappers' to mock his own. "Maybe it was nice to meet you as well, Rose," the photographer responded. He watched her walk away before offering her a nod when she glanced back. Holding the photograph between his fingers, Orion glanced at Rose's information once more before turning to slide the Polaroid into his backpack. "Hey, Mr. Popular, do you have one of our flash drives?" Orion was pulled back into his own thoughts by River's words from behind the table. He nodded and tossed her a turquoise blue flash drive, glancing at the redhead and saying, "Nice to meet you, I'm Orion."

codedbycrucialstar

River Lennox
Mentions: Rose ( Soap Soap )
Interactions: Orion, April ( txlos txlos )

River curiously watched the redhead tilt her head, a look of confusion dancing across her face. What could possibly be confusing her? River loved music, yeah, and maybe she created some good songs. But they were hardly the standard of what she expected the contest to have. River continued to strum absentmindedly through chords, the song she had been working on momentarily forgotten. The brunette let out a breathy chuckle at the notion than she was more talented than some of the violinists. "I doubt that," she responded, looking away in a bit of embarrassment. Because she grew up in a household where she was constantly degraded, River still had trouble taking compliments. After all, the redhead seemed prim and perfect without a single hair out of place. She didn't seem like the type to listen to indie rock music, let alone hang out with people like River and Orion.

But then again, looks could be deceiving.

"I'm River," she answered, smiling slightly. "I mean, if you're looking for a musician, I could give you a demo of our stuff. Orion and I created a duo called Poppies during our early years of college." River paused, glancing across the table at Orion just as the girl named Rose walked away. She couldn't help the small smirk that played on her lips. "Hey, Mr. Popular, do you have one of our flash drives?" She easily caught the blue plastic rectangle that Orion tossed to her. "This has a few of the songs we've written on it. You can give them a listen and see what you think," River said, holding the flash drive out to April. "I promise no renditions of Clair De Lune," she added with a small smile for good measure. Something over April's shoulder caught River's eye, and she turned her attention to it. A group of other students by the dance club's table were shooting them dirty looks. River turned her attention back to April and said, "I don't think your friends enjoy you talking to us very much."

codedbycrucialstar

b9cf4eef8a648fbff4d4655554cbaaea.jpg
Eoin
Interaction(s): Meme Machine Meme Machine

He looked into her greyish green eyes and smiled at her reaction, but it was her other response that confused him. She looked down, breaking eye contact. Suddenly, she seemed uncomfortable. He hadn't said anything, had he? He mulled over his words, did he come on a little too strong? He'd only complied with her request though. She hadn't changed her mind? Had she? Girls were extremely fickle, so maybe she decided she didn't like him in those five seconds, it only took his sister than long to get angry with him.

The faded smile on his lips returned at her confession. That was it? He felt so much better, like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. He shook his head and chuckled. "I was nervous that you had changed your mind," he said, running his hands through his red hair. "I'll just give you mine then, and when you get a phone, just text me." He stuffed his phone back into his pocket before eyeing her notebook. "Don't lose it though," he added with a wink.

So he was right. It was Japanese or Korean that he was debating, but he wasn't leaning toward the latter. He was glad that he was right, it gave him a sense of pride. "I'm Irish," he said proudly. Most people confused him with Scottish, which made him scoff. The two sounded nothing alike.

guy.jpeg
Adriel
Interaction(s): MarsRover MarsRover

She seemed undeterred by his change in topic. His eyes looked into hers, he hadn't seen someone with that many freckles in a long time, well, none-redheaded people. "Yeah. She was published in several lit magazines. She enjoyed non-fiction and poetry the most, but she wrote just about anything." He chuckled. "She was an amazing writer." He looked away from her before glancing at the computer again. He cleared his throat and nodded.

"That's an incredible and arduous profession." He glanced at her. She seemed like the kind of girl that had that grit determination. "I don't think I could ever do something like that." And he never wanted to do something like that either. After his mother's death, he never wanted to set foot into hospitals. "What made you want it? Was it a familial profession?" He asked. His mother inspired his passion and he was curious about who inspired hers. She didn't strike him at an emotionally connected person, but first impressions can be quite deceiving; which was something he had to remind himself of when he looked at her. At first she seemed irritated by his presence, but then she asked for his help. He still had a lot to learn about the female species.

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Embarrassed/Flustered
Interactions: Eoin ( Alvaris Alvaris )

She saw his face fall, and then return to that dazzling smile. His eyes practically sparkled. But when he said he though she changed her mind, she held up on of her hands nervously, and gasped slightly.

“Oh, no no no! Why would I change my mind?” It was a rhetorical question, but the idea to her was ludicrous. She finally found someone who didn’t think she was weird, and he actually wanted her number (even though she didn’t have one yet.) She handed him her notebook; A thin, lined paper book with a ocean cover. With it, she handed him her blue pen.

When he told her not to lose the number, and added a wink, her face flushed harder. She pressed her lips into a thin line, even though the corners of her mouth were slowly turning up.

Rubbing the back of her neck, definitely flustered now, she smiled when he told her he was Irish. He had a sense of pride in his voice, that much was obvious. His red hair flowed with his movements, and Hotaru really wanted to touch it, and play with it, maybe put tiny braids in it...

Hotaru had to mentally stop herself from slapping some sense into her. Stop it! She screamed in her thoughts; he might not even like people playing with his hair. Besides, she had know him for like, twenty minutes!!​

codedbycrucialstar

500full-danny-schafer.jpg
Eoin

A soft chuckled sounded from him before he took her notebook and pen. He scribbled down his name and number. "I'm glad to hear that," he said before handing her the notebook and pen back. "Don't change your mind." He added with a grin. He felt like he might be getting his game back because he wasn't feeling completely worn out. All he seemed to have needed was some social interactions to bring him back to feeling like himself.

"So, Hotaru, what do you like to do in your free time?" He asked before glancing around at the other tables. He wasn't particularly interested in joining more. He felt like he had enough on his plate at the moment, maybe another time. Between homework, classes, and contacting his family, he had little time for socialization. His eyes returned to her. He was glad to have a person outside his immediate family to talk to; they meant well, but they didn't like him being so far from home. He slid his hands into his pocket, crap. He couldn't forget about the quiz due at midnight. He pulled out his phone and set himself a reminder. He wasn't nervous about taking it. His only fear was remembering to take it.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Sad/Flustered

Hotaru didn’t even mean to let her smile slide off of her face. She barely had any free time. Her mom scheduled her day so that she had one hour of free time, and thirty minutes for lunch, dinner and breakfast. So, two hours and thirty minutes is all she used to have to herself. Her mom had her do swimming (which she was absolutely terrible at) Chess (boring) plant studies (eh) and a multitude of other things. Sometimes she didn’t even get an hour before bed because she didn’t do well on a test or something.

A sad look came over her features. She answered honestly, but her voice was slightly monotone, and hesitant.

“Well, I guess I like drawing...... and.... I don’t know. I never really had free time when I lived with my parents. I mean, I enjoy martial arts, but that was never my choice.”

She looked back at him, her eyes lightning up just a little. She stared at his hair just a little to long before smiling softly.

“How about you? Any hobbies other than writing?” She blushed slightly as she looked at him. He really was handsome. She screamed internally before taking a deep, but slightly shaking, breath.​

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Billie Boden
Billie sighed and rested her chin in the palm of her hand. She didn't know how she got roped into sitting at the Theatre Department's club fair booth, but it probably had something to do with the upcoming show and tech rehearsals and whatnot. The cast of the show was too busy. She wasn't even a performer in the Theatre Department, but Billie was used to being it's errand-girl. This was mainly due to her status as a member of the tech crew. Billie had always been fascinated with the stage, but never really saw herself in the spotlight. Sure, she fantasized about being the leading lady in a few shows, but those were just silly little daydreams.

Becoming irritated that nobody was stopping at her booth, Billie stood up as a group of Freshmen walked by.
"Hey, you," She projected. "Do you like this sort of thing?"
The Freshmen looked at her quizzically before shaking their heads and wandering off into another area. Defeated, Billie sank back into her chair and pulled out her phone. It was clear that nobody was going to be visiting the booth any time soon -- so for now, Twitter seemed like the best option. She'd never admit it, but Twitter was her guilty pleasure. Nothing but drama, drama, drama. Oh, and memes. Drama and memes could make Billie's mood shift drastically.​

Lumen Love

Lumen was huddled into a group of other freshmen at the club fair. He wasn't exactly ready for this. If his sister hadn't had offered to pay for half of his tuition, he'd be in bed until it was time for class. Unfortunately, one of his sister's stipulations for helping him out was that he had to get involved with something. A club, a sport, whatever. Lumen was beginning to zone out when some blonde chick yelled at the group he was walking with. He didn't hear what she said, but the rest of the freshmen were shaking their heads, so he followed suit.

It was obvious that the group he was with was going to do nothing but meander around until the club fair was over. So Lumen decided to break away from the huddle. He noticed a booth with a few people around it. Photography? That seemed easy enough. If anything, he'd just join the club so he could tell his sister that he did. He sauntered over to the table, accidentally brushing past a pretty red-head girl.
"Sorry," he mumbled, not making eye contact with the girl. He grabbed a pen off of the table and started scanning the area for the sign-up sheet. Whether or not there was one, Lumen was far too sleepy to notice it. He was aware of how dumb he looked, but he couldn't think of a way to make the situation less awkward. It seemed as though everyone around the booth was preoccupied, so he just stood there.​

P2m51dnb.png

Kinley Jones

"Maybe you should show me some of her poetry, then." Kinley spoke lightly, cautiously. She couldn't entirely gauge if this was a sensitive topic for Adriel, but she didn't want to push her luck, so she simply left it at that.
A few moments went by after Adriel spoke again as Kinley considered her answer. She wasn't one to share things with strangers; she was definitely not an open book. In fact, she was more of a battered, dog-eared classic, tucked away in some boxes in your dusty attic. She was present, she was memorable, but she was definitely an acquired taste.
So, after some deliberation, Kinley decided to answer him. To the best of her capabilities in the moment, at least: "No. A friend nearly died." It was very abrupt, her answer, and her tone made it clear she was not going to go into further detail at this moment in time. It wasn't necessarily unfriendly, but it was more... distant. Blunt, brusque, whatever descriptor you wanted to use. Besides, if Adriel didn't want to go into more detail about his mother's writing, then Kinley was not going to go into more detail about her friend's crash.
"Anyways," she turned her attention back to her screen, brushing her previous thoughts to the side. "Thank you for your help, Adriel. S'appreciated. Hmm..." Kinley hummed for a moment, then cocked her head to the side and cast a brief glance in the boy's direction. "Can I get your number?" There was no hesitation in her voice, none of her previous deliberation; she asked the question as if she'd just asked him how his day was going. The sly, feline-like girl did not play games.

Last edited:
Eoin

Eoin half smiled at her, not sure what her reaction meant. She was a puzzling one. One moment she seemed extremely chipper, then all of the sudden he'd say something and she'd change. He didn't mean to upset her and he was still trying to figure her out. He didn't think that question would bring out such a reaction from her. Immediately he regretted it. He nodded as he listened to her. Her voice was flat as she spoke. "Drawing's fun." He didn't draw much now, but as a boy he loved it.

He shrugged. "I play lacrosse too." Now that he was thinking about it, he didn't have that many hobbies. In Ireland, he spent the bulk of his time with his friends and working with kids. "I used to volunteer at an after school program for kids, back in Ireland that is," he said. "Sometime I read." He chuckled. He didn't have a lot of time to read books that weren't school related. "What is your favourite thing to do?" If martial arts was something she was told to do, then what did she like? Other than drawing. There had to be something she enjoyed doing.

a71820cfbdbc430a00db6b7067665b1a.jpg
Adriel
MarsRover MarsRover

Adriel watched her for a moment, thinking about her question. "Yeah," his voice lost the confidence it once had. "I'm sure you'd like her work." He didn't want to delve deeper into the topic at the moment. He was confident she'd never read anything by her anyway; people always said they would. Part of him didn't want to share it, share her, but she was an amazing writer and deserved the credibility that was taken from her when she died.

He gave her one slight nod. "I'm sorry," he said and didn't speak of it any more. Her tone was more of a warning than anything else she'd spoken to him. She didn't strike him as an open individual and he knew better than to pry. He leaned back in the seat, looking away from her for a brief moment. "Of course. Anytime." And he meant it. He enjoyed helping any way he could, especially if it was English related. Her confident manner surprised him, but not as much as the words that came out of her mouth. She wanted his number. He was pretty confident she was looking forward to not speaking to him again. Maybe he hadn't made that bad of an impression after all. The silence between them lasted longer than he intended. "Yeah, sure." His words were rushed. He paused and took a breath before rattling off his number.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy

Hotaru hummed, smiling in response to him telling her about Lacrosse and the kids he would volunteer to watch. She was never any good with kids. She was a bit of a push over, so them freaking out when they didn’t get their way made her freak out. But when he asked what her favorite thing to do was, her mind immediately went to her college minor.

“Marine biology.” She said without hesitation. “In my free time my mom said I could have, I would research marine biology and different types of fish. Seahorses, jelly fish, and rays too. It’s a little sad considering I can’t swim well.” Hotaru was feeling much more comfortable around Eoin now, talking about her hobbies and such with ease.

“Writing is also interesting, though I do more poems than novels. Things like that. I also like looking up what names mean. It’s a weird habit of mine. Like, Hotaru. It means firefly. Which is ironic because I’ve never seen a firefly before. Although mom kept asking me to write things, so that habit fell out quickly.” Hotaru had to stop herself from rambling on and on about different things. If he asked her about fish and such, oh boy could this girl go on forever. She paced herself, before looking back to him.

“And what about the volunteering? That seems like it would be fun.” She reached back and pulled her hair out of its clip, so all of the black hair fell in front of her face. Then she pulled a hair band from her pocket and tied it up into a tight ponytail, the clip in her mouth.

“Hold this, please.” Hotaru handed him her note book as she put her hair up, tying it around her thin hair.

codedbycrucialstar

b67611f0f3b5cca5983a464e66a71f4e.jpg
Octavius Atlas Armani
Interaction: None

Since he'd gotten back from home, Octavius had been kept busy with the little business that he did on the side. He was known for fixing laptops, phones, and basically, any technology Gen Z like himself used. Most issues he found students had were viruses, the male population receiving them from watching too many pornography, while the female's often got them from appealing ads promising discounts on clothing. None the less Octavius never judge his customers, fixing each device for a low cost and adding an antivirus software he'd created last year. He often even lengthed the battery life of certain laptops if spare batteries were available. His small side job while providing good money had also kept him busy, allowing him to ignore the fact that he rarely left his room other than to attend class, club meetings, and soccer practice.

Octavius was an introvert, one of the worst, by the way, he presented himself. He never went out of his way to start a conversation or contact anyone. Most of the relations he had were all business, he never met a client outside of returning their device. The longing was there, the need to talk to someone other than his parents and siblings, but he always found it difficult to do so. It annoyed his siblings as they argued that he of all people should be able to connect with more people than most due to being fluent in roughly 7 languages. Sighing softly he tried not to think too much of it, finishing up on the laptop he was working on. He'd agreed to meet the owner at the library since it was close to the club fair he needed to attend soon. Being the Vice President of the Hack Club meant you had to present yourself at such an event.

Staring at his watch he looked around for the owner of the laptop, the guy still had a few minutes before Octavius had to leave. He'd told the president of the club that he would be running a bit late. Checking his phone he already had messages from people asking for their devices to be fixed, he would answer them later. Looking up he was happy to see his client walking over to him, standing up he smiled kindly at the boy presenting his laptop to him. He quickly described what the problem had been with the laptop and the new updates he made. The payment was made and Octavius made his way out of the library, he would return later if he could to study a bit. Walking quickly he made it to the Club Fair putting on the Hack Club's team shirt, waving to the other board members, he took his position at the front ready to speak with anyone interested. This he could talk about without any issues when it came to computers and technology he was at peace certain about everything he said.

P2m51dnb.png

Kinley Jones

The silence between the two college students was palpable as Kinley awaited an answer from the dark-haired boy beside her. She couldn't help but release a slight snicker, the corners of her mouth twitching upwards as she took in his shock. Girls were always so relaxed with it, but whenever Kinley asked boys for their numbers... their reactions varied to the extremes. Often times, they'd get shy and nervous, or maybe cocky and flirtatious, but Adriel fell closer to the former, and Kinley liked that. That one was her favourite.
She took out her phone and added him to her contacts list, along with a stack of books emoji as a placeholder for his surname. There was a pause, and then Kinley glanced up at him, offering a small smile. It was definitely one of her most genuine smiles in the conversation, and functioned almost as a way to cheer him on for not running off. She was well-aware of how she came off to most people -- aloof and untouchable, occasionally intimidating, and she definitely had fun with it.
"Thanks." Kinley closed her laptop and regarded the room coolly, then checked the time. "I'm gonna go watch the freshman try to navigate the club fair. Lovely meeting you." She smiled, packed up her things, and stood up. Though, before Kinley made her exit, she glanced over her shoulder at Adriel, smiling with a particularly amused look in her eyes. "Or you could come with me, if you're so inclined."

Last edited:
Eoin
interaction(s): Meme Machine Meme Machine

With her confident restored, he grinned. "Marine biology. That's pretty cool," he said. "You'll have to tell be about all the marine life you've come across." He nodded. "I love swimming, it can be tricky though." He chuckled. He was always a strong swimmer and thought about life guarding, but it sounded a lot more boring, plus he'd rather spend his time working with the kids in the community.

"I'd love to read some of your work," he spoke softly as he looked at her. "Firefly, I think mine means something about gracious." He chuckled. "There was a girl I worked with who loved the meaning of names too. She would write them down in a notebook." He slid his hands into his pocket. "It was something I did back in Ireland. We would host events for kids in the area. Or hangout with them. Often, I'd play sports with some of the guys. We would make teams and compete." He smiled. He missed those kids.

When he hair fell in her face, he resisted the urge to move it. They hadn't known each other long enough for that. Her hair looked so soft. Was it as soft as it looked? He took her notebook before looking away from her. "It was a lot of fun." He nodded. "I write short fiction or nonfiction," he said, bringing back an older discussion. "I always struggled with poetry, maybe you could give me some pointers?"

758e1650e470f96e39924fe7b80fde4d.jpg
Adriel

He was slightly stunned and he hoped she hadn't noticed too much. When she chuckled he felt embarrassed. She definitely noticed. He gave her a sheepish smile before glancing down at his belongings. It gave him somewhere to look that wasn't directly at her. "Yeah, nice meeting you too." He shoved his book into his backpack before chuckling. "They're like sardines," he said looking back at her. The first time he went to the club fair he had a group of friends to go with and he wasn't one of those freshman. However, they graduated a couple years ago, leaving him in search of new friends.

When she didn't leave and, instead, looked down at him - he froze halfway into his backpack. Yet another unexpected request from her. She certainly knew how to keep him on his toes. He smiled, feeling a bit more confident. He dropped the book in the bag. "I would-yes. I mean, I'm inclined." His smiled faded. God, he felt like an idiot now. His eyes darted to the bag on the floor. Once he finished putting away his things he stood and slung it over his shoulder.

M I N K Y O
EzswGeK.gif

Interacting: no one | location: club fair
mentions: none
Min Kyo finally made his way to the club fair and let out a heavy sigh, instantly regretting his decision the moment he realized and large amount of people in one area. He tried to calm his nervousness a bit, taking a few deep breathes, before he started to roam the fair. He bumped into a few people occasionally, causing him to freak out a bit and repeatedly apologize. Eventually, he found himself practically clinging to a nearby wall, trying his best to stay out of people’s way.
He began to question how he convinced himself to stay and look around when he could have run back to his dorm and hidden from everyone. He felt rather uncomfortable, as he wasn’t sure what to do at that point. “Uh… shit-” He muttered, which was, of course, barely audible with the number of people there. He took a moment to collect himself before moving away from the wall and walking around, glancing at the different clubs that were to offer. "Everything is okay, don't stress..." He said to himself gently.

code by pasta

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy/Embarrassed

Smiling as he invited her to tell him about fish sometime, Hotaru blushed slightly. He didn’t find it boring, or weird that she liked Marine Biology like her parents had. That was probably the biggest relief she had had all day.

As he said what his name meant, Hotaru nodded absentmindedly. That made sense. He was very nice. She imagined him trying to play sports with younger kids, kicking or throwing a ball around while still making it fun for them. She giggled, and took her notebook back, her hair in a perfect pony tail, save a stray hair in her face which she tucked behind her ear.

“That sounds adorable.” She said happily, before she realized what she said. Then her eyes widened and she stood up straighter. “I mean, not that your adorable. I don’t say what I mean. I’m word clutz. I mean, you are adorable; well, more like handsome but you get the point!” Hotaru shut her mouth tightly, and took a deep breath in. Oh. My. GOD. Was the only though running through her head. She tried to reverse her blunder by focusing on another topic.

The perfect opportunity came as he asked about pointers for writing, Hotaru murmured and stuttered and answer.

“Oh, I can’t really write that well. To be honest, I’m still learning. I joined the club because I thought it would be fun and help with my writing, but also because it would make my parents happy.

codedbycrucialstar

Eoin
interaction(s): Meme Machine Meme Machine

Eoin grinned at the compliment. So she found him handsome. He was rather confident in himself and knew he was pretty good looking, but it still thrilled him to hear her say it; she thought he was handsome. People never get tired of hearing how attractive they are. To her, adorable wasn't quite accurate and he liked that. He cleared his throat and looked at her. He was distracted by her previous statement that he didn't hear her full sentence - only enough to know what her point was.

He nodded. Her reasons for joining were far more grand than his. "I guess we'll learn together," he said, still grinning. "I'm glad you joined for yourself too," he added quieter. Her ran his fingers through his red locks. "So," he started before glancing at the people around him. When his blue eyes rested on her again, he smiled softly. "You think I'm handsome?" His ego wouldn't let him drop it, but he also thought she was rather adorable when she was flustered. "If it makes you feel better I think you're pretty."​

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru had been looking at her feet, trying to compose herself, when he asked about her think he was handsome. She purses her lips tightly and suddenly wished she had her hair down to hide behind it.

“Well, yes...... you just..... I mean....” She was about to utter some apology that she would probably mess up, before he said he thought she was pretty.

That was probably the first time someone had told her that other than her parents or aunt. For some reason, it felt different when he said it. She tried to suppress the wide smile that came across her face, but it didn’t work. So looked at him hesitantly, trying to figure out if he was kidding or not.

“You..... you really think I’m pretty?” She managed to murmur out. She was pretty sure her face was blood red now. Her mind raced. She totally had to tell her aunt all about today! Then her mind went to her parents. Oh no. Her parents.

If they found out that her first friend was a guy....... she would be on the next flight back to Japan. Of course, if they never found out, it wouldn’t be a problem. So, just don’t let them find out! Simple.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
P2m51dnb.png

Kinley Jones

"Perfect," Kinley smiled. Properly, this time. She could sense the boy's nerves, how he seemed to continually be surprised by her, and it was... amusing, to say the least. She liked that.
Kinley's ego was a... strange one. She knew what she was like, and she knew she was attractive, but she often didn't come across as being conceited. Instead, she had a more... raw feeling to her. As Jane always said, Kinley was like a feral alley cat: she was tough, intimidating, and could control the room around her with a sly glance, but at the end of the day, she was still a cat. She might be able to invoke a wild, tameless spirit on command, but if she was shown continuous interest and cautious companionship, those she allowed in her little bubble would see that Kinley was just a regular feline inside.
Once Adriel stood, Kinley paused briefly to look up at him. He was quite a bit taller than her, and although she didn't mind that, she was still somewhat intimidated by how easily he could intercept her. Guards up once again, Kinley strode forward, heading down to the main floor of the library and out the front doors, making a beeline for where the Club Fair was being held. As she walked, she spoke passively to Adriel: "Are you in any clubs or societies, then?"

556474e688e64afd2b025194a74aa09e.png
Eoin

Her reaction was what he expected, well, rather anticipated. The break in eye-contact was a sure sign she was uncomfortable. He was still gauging her and how far to go. She seemed like a kind spirit and not quite as worldly as other girls he'd interacted with, which he enjoyed. She wasn't flashy or boastful, she was humble and calm.

He nodded as he listened to her. A smile spread across his face before he chuckled. "Yes. I do," he said. She was far more humble than he was and that quality made her more attractive. "I'm surprised you don't have more of a following," he spoke quietly, though he was glad for it. "Are there any more clubs you want to join? Or would you rather find something else to do?" He offered. He didn't want to tack on more clubs, between lacrosse practice, his classes, studying, and now the writing club, his schedule was pretty full. Somehow he'd have to include a social life.

Adriel

Her interest in still hanging around him made his blunder feel less stupid. She was still willing to go to the club fair with him, which meant she didn't despise his presence. He glanced down at her before following her out of the library. She moved quickly for someone so short. This would be interesting. Actually, his entire encounter with her was interesting. He struggled to get a read on her. She was obviously guarded, but so was he. She was bold and he liked that, but she had a kinder side too, which he could wait for.

"I'm in the writing club," he said with a short laugh. "No surprise there." He shrugged as he kept pace with her. "What about you?" It was a fair question, but she seemed like an extremely busy person. "Do you live on campus?" He added soon after. He didn't want to push it, but he wanted to know more about her. She was an enigma to him and that pulled him deeper in. As they neared the club fair, he could hear the chattering grow louder. He began avoiding these activities the more he came to his senior year.​

Last edited:
P2m51dnb.png

Kinley Jones

Kinley appreciated that Adriel kept in pace with her footsteps; he was much taller than her, and she knew he could easily stride ahead and leave her to catch up. That was part of the reason why she walked so briskly, and so when she recognized he was following her lead, she slowed her pace just a little bit -- enough that it was more comfortable for her shorter legs.
Chuckling quietly, she cast a sideways glance at Adriel, amused. "I am absolutely surprised, Adriel. I had no idea you were so into writing," she said, a playfully sarcastic tone to her voice as they continued walking.
"Eh," Kinley waved a hand dismissively. "I'm in track, actually, here at school, but I'm in Muay Thai classes in town." Absently, Kinley brushed her thumb over her knuckles -- something she had gotten into the habit of doing a long time ago, mainly to check for early bruising, but it had now become a very slight, nervous tic. "Are you in any sports? You look, hmm..." She stopped in her tracks, taking a moment to truly check him out, then gave her signature small, mischievous smile. "You look like you could hold your own, I s'pose," she teased him as they entered the Club Fair.
A few moments passed silently as Kinley considered -- once again -- her answer. Eh, no harm in telling him. She shrugged, "Nah, I live off-campus, actually. I rent a flat with a couple other people -- and my cat, I guess, 'cause she acts like she owns the place." Kinley smiled, rolled her eyes as she thought about Angel, her fluffy feline with a personality not unlike her own -- cautious, protective, but soft.

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru swore she stopped breathing for a minute. This man, who she had just met a little while ago, who she though was absolutely breathtaking, thought she was pretty. She stared straight ahead, and almost missed what he was saying. She opened her mouth, before forcing herself to have coherent speech.

“Well, if there is and Archery club I’ll join that... but otherwise no. Maybe I can join the Archery club later, and we can find something to do now?” She asked hesitantly, honestly just wanting to chat more. Maybe he could introduce her to new people! That would be fun. Plus, Hotaru really just wanted to talk with Eoin. Holding on to the hope that he would be weirded out by her, Hotaru looked over to him.

“I haven’t been here before, so I don’t really know what’s around here.” That was partly true. Hotaru had researched some, but still didn’t know what was the best place for some tea or anything like that.

She also questioned him on something he had said under his breath; somthing she had no idea what it was.

“Also.... what’s a following?”

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
556474e688e64afd2b025194a74aa09e.png
Eoin

He smiled at her bashful nature. "I haven't seen anything about archery, but we can hang around if you want to find one." He shrugged, glancing at the surrounding booths. "I'm always up for something else," he said as he looked down at her. "I know there is a coffee shop around here." He'd only been to it a few times, but he liked it enough. It was a good place to go to get away from the campus for a little while, not that he got away from any of the students by going there.

"I guess we're kind of in the same boat." He chuckled lightly. "I don't know the area that well." He'd walked around a lot, but he still got turned around, which was frustrating. He never got turned around in Ireland; he knew every turn, every brick and stone. "I think it's that direction, if you're up for that." He pointed away from the main campus.

At her last question he laughed. He slid his hand around the back of his neck and rubbed it before sliding his hands back into his pocket. "That's a great question." He smirked. "I'm not sure I want to tell you," he said, his tone light. He stepped closer to her. "Unless you really want to know." He grinned. He knew she'd turn red if he told her.

Adriel

Adriel laughed at her comment. "I know. It surprises everyone," he said quietly before giving her a small smile. This was nice. He took her sarcasm as a positive step in their relationship, he wouldn't call it friendship yet and he didn't feel that acquaintance was fitting either. They were slowly moving toward friendship, at least that's what he hoped.

He slid his hands into his pocket. "Track. Nice. Muay Thai. Is this your way of saying you could beat me up?" He asked with a laugh. He already knew she could hold her own. "No need to threaten me." He raised his hands and smiled. He shook his head at her question. "I used to play soccer." He glanced over at her and paused. She wasn't beside him. He looked over his shoulder before turning to face her. She was only a step or two behind him. "I appreciate the assessment. I run and occasionally lift weights." He shrugged. "Glad it's paying off." If it were anyone else checking him out, he'd be flattered, but she was different. Most people checked out others out of attraction, but she seemed to do as an after thought, as though she never even considered him as anything other than a pastime object.

When they crossed the threshold, there were students at every end of the campus grounds. Many looked at the booths or stood behind them. He remembered his freshman year here, he went straight for the writing club then ditched with his friends. "Must be nice," he said before looking at her. "The cat clearly takes after you," his tone heavy with sarcasm, yet he was sure it was true. After spending time with her, he knew.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back