• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Atlantic University (OPEN)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Danny Schafer.jpg
Eoin
Interaction(s): Meme Machine Meme Machine

The widening smile across her face made him grin. She seemed to really like the idea of having a burger. He was a burger kind of guy, but he doubted he liked them as much as she seemed to like them. His stomach was beginning to rumble a little more loudly now and he was eager to head over and eat. He tossed his cup in the trash and moved back over to her. "Nothing," he said. "I'm just having a good day and I don't quite want it to end." He softly chuckled before extending his hand toward her.

"Shall we?" He asked before realizing that maybe she didn't like physical touch. His blue eyes looked at his outstretched hand before meeting her gaze. It was too late to back out now, the hand was floating between them. He cursed his more touchy nature; he had no idea how Hotaru would respond to it and he didn't want to make her think something else. It was merely a friendly gesture, something he did. Did he want her thinking it was more? He wasn't sure, all he knew right now was that he liked her, how much was yet to be determined.​

Saito Hotaru
Outfit: x
Mood: Happy
Interactions: Eoin ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Hotaru gigged and grinned when he talked about how he was having a good day. She knew that her day was following in suite, especially now she was going to get a burger. Honestly, she hadn’t eaten much all day. She was about to stand up, when he offered her his hand.

She was a bit surprised at first, but then she smiled. Japanese culture wasn’t all that touchy, but she was kind of enjoying it. She took his hand with very little hesitation, and what hesitation was there was simply out of surprise. She stood up and smiled at him.

“Let’s go.” She said, her smile soft. It was really nice to have him as a friend, regardless of whatever effect he had on her. She didn’t think tat was normal; having an effect on someone. But she didn’t mind. She tried not to think to hard about it, just mainly reminding herself that she would be spending several years in the same campus as this man, so she definitely couldn’t embarrass herself.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Danny Schafer.jpg
Eoin

Eoin smiled when she took his hand. "Let's," He said as he pulled her out of the coffee shop. "I'm starving." He laughed. "You seem like a burger lover." He glanced back at her before letting her hand go. He didn't want to overstep his friendship bounds with her. There were still so many things he didn't know about her, but he knew it would come, all in due time. He was willing to wait and he looked forward to getting to know her.

Eoin was a patient man. To work with kids, he needed patience. "Tell me something Hotaru. Anything." He headed toward the burger place. "I feel like I've known you forever, and yet I know nothing about you." He chuckled as the burger restaurant came into view. "That's it." He pointed to the small shack. The red brick reminded him of a pizza joint he went to when he first came. The name was 'Burger Palace' and it seemed so far from a palace.​

Saito Hotaru

As they walked out of the coffee shop together, Hotaru happily following Eoin out, he let go of her hand. She guess it made sense, as they had just met each other. When he asked if she was a burger lover, she laughed slightly and nodded.

“Less of a burger lover, and more of a Junk food lover. We lived in a town that didn’t have many fast food places. I never even had pizza before I came here.” She said, still smiling. She never got why people liked junk food until she herself had tried it. Now she absolutely loved it. Then he asked her to tell him some random thing. So, she though for a moment, before she said the first things that came to mind.

“My favorite Disney movie is Lady and the Tramp. I really like Whales. I have plants all over my room.” That last one was an understatement. She had lavender in little box’s, sage near the kitchen, Lilly’s by the foot of her bed, hanging vines over her windows as curtains. She would literally pull them back to tie them around each other, like curtains. “apparently I’m still ‘sick’ according to my parents. My Aunt is LOUD. And I’ve never been to an aquarium.” She put air quotes around the word sick, but didn’t say it in an annoyed tone. When she mentioned her aunt, she just smiled, and said it with enthusiasm. Then she spotted the burger place, and her face broke into a smile.

“And how about you? Random facts. Go.” She said as she bounced on her feet slightly, sending quick glances to Eoin as she studied the burger place.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Danny Schafer.jpg
Eoin

Eoin laughed. Her words resonated with him. He loved junk food, but he tried to stay away from it too. As a boy, he was a bit chubby and his height and desire to get the ladies grew he started working out. "No pizza? I feel like that is a critical moment of anyone's childhood." He smiled. "Did you like it?" Pizza was pretty irresistible and he'd never met anyone who didn't actually like the food. It would surprise him if she didn't like it. He nodded as she spoke, spilling some random facts. He tried to soak in each detail, committing it to memory, but he felt it wouldn't do any good. He didn't have the best memory.

"Lady and the Tramp, that's a good one." He hadn't seen it since he was a boy, but he remembered it well enough. "Green thumb," he spoke quietly, more to himself than her. When she said the word 'sick' it took him off guard. What did that mean? He looked over at her. Her aunt sounded like the polar opposite of her. "You like whales and you've never been to an aquarium? That's going to change." He half smiled, showing his teeth. "Alright. Me. Hmm." He rubbed the bottom of his beard. "I was chubby as a kid. A fear of mine is the unknown of the ocean; it always freaks me out." He chuckled, she probably wouldn't understand it since she loved the ocean. "I secretly love the movie Tangled and my whole family is loud." When they reached the burger joint he held the door open. He wanted to ask about the whole 'sick' thing, but didn't want to kill the joyful mood. He'd ask later. "Round two?" He chuckled softly.​

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru smiled widely as he asked what she thought of Pizza.

“It’s like the food of gods.” She said, attempting to sound funny. Jokes weren’t really her thing. But she tried. She also remembered the very first time she had pizza. Her aunt had found it atrocious that she had never had pizza before, so she had a day where they went bowling, played video games, and had the delicious cheese and tomato sauce covered food people called pizza. Hotaru had enjoyed it immensely, and it was barely second to hamburgers.

She smiled wider when he mentioned her (unbeknownst to him) absolute adoration for the Disney film. It ranked at a close tie with Princess Bride, very close.

“Oh, it’s so good. I never had seen it in Japan, so I’ve only seen it on eve or twice, but I’m absolutely in love. It’s such a sweet story!”
She gushed, moving her hands to emphasize slightly. But she paused when she heard him say somthing that she didn’t know what it meant. “Green....thumb? What does that mean?”

At first she was a bit concerned. It didn’t sound like an insult, but she wasn’t to sure. She didn’t really know what that meant.

Her smiled softened as he said that her never being to an aquarium would change. She looked a little sad, probably because she was a minor in marine biology, and yet she had never seen any of the animals she was studying up close. It was disappointing, really.

“Well, I certainly hope so..... I hear Virginia aquarium has a albino turtle.” She said, some of her excitement returning.

She completely froze when he said he didn’t like the unknown of the ocean. She twirled around, a curious look on her face.

“You’ve been to the Ocean? And your scared of it? How! It’s amazing...... all that unknown darkness, not understanding any of it, and then suddenly,” She turned around dramatically, and spread her arms out a bit. Her hair turned with her, and she smiled wide. “Boom! It’s a whole other world.” She sighed as she said world, and almost did a little twirl.

“The most exciting thing that I had planned this week, is my aunts going to take me to the ocean. I’ve never been there. I’ve seen it, but I’ve never been to a beach.” She was kind of wondering why he hadn’t asked about her being ‘sick’ yet, or if he thought she was some weirdo who never got out. I mean, he was right. She never really got out of her house. But it’s not like she didn’t want to......

“The most exciting thing I didn’t plan was meeting you though.” Ok, what was THAT. That was not suppose to be said. Whoops. No filter.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
500full-danny-schafer.jpg
Eoin

He chuckled at her comment about pizza. It truly was food of the gods. "Green thumb, it just means you're good with plants," he said. "My grandmother had a green thumb, she could bring any plant back to life." He laughed softly. He missed his grandmother and her house that was adorn with all kinds of plants. His grandmother died several years ago and he had a single plant in his room in honour of her memory, but he was struggling to keep it alive. "I have a plant in my room, maybe you could work your magic on it? It's a Marble Queen and it means a lot to me." He looked over at Hotaru. The last thing he wanted was it dying, it pained him to see the leaves change to a slight shade of brown.

A man approached them before ushering them to a table. He said down and looked over at her. "Then it's settled. We're definitely going to the aquarium." He gave a short nod. "I mean, it's essential. We can just say it's research and you're teaching me about the great wide wonders of the deep blue sea." He grinned before laughing at the light in her eyes and the smile across her face. God, she was beautiful. "The ocean is beautifully terrifying. I have a healthy fear and respect for it. Have you never seen Jaws?" He asked. "I'm kidding. Isn't like, ninety percent unexplored? Doesn't that seem a little, unsettling?" That meant no one really knows what lurks below the blue. And drowning? No thanks, he'd rather be shot than drown.

"That's a great plan. You'll have to enjoy all the mysterious water for me." He chuckled. "Make sure to bring some sun tan lotion," he added quietly, his mind drifting back to her original statement. Sick? She hadn't done so many things...was she a cancer survivor? His curiosity piqued and he knew he'd have to ask. He just didn't feel like it was the right time now; too much conversation had already gone by and it seemed like a lifetime ago now. A smile spread across his face before he ran his fingers through his hair. "I'd say the same thing." He nodded. "Life is all about these serendipitous moments." He leaned back in his seat. "Can we backtrack for a second?" His smile slightly faded, what was the appropriate way to ask? Etiquette felt lost on him in this moment and he grew nervous to ask. "You said something about being 'sick'..." he trailed off. "I don't know how to ask." He rubbed the back of his neck. "You definitely don't have to tell me, but what did you mean by it?"​

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru sighed in slight relief when he said it was a meaning of being good with plants. She supposed that was right, she had always had a talent for that. Her face lit up, however, when he said Marble Queen.

“Oh, really! I had one of those. Low light, low fertilizer, and low water type plants. They’re pretty easy. I’m sure I can help.” She said sweetly, smiling at him.

When he mentioned the aquarium, Hotaru nodded furiously. She bit her bottom lip and her smile widened, just thinking about going to see the water creatures and everything else in there with Eoin.

“Yes. Yes. A million times yes! That would be so much fun...!” She exclaimed as they sat down, her just across from him. Then she gave him a bit of a confused look.

“Um, no. It’s not unsettling. It’s amazing and exciting! Also, what’s Jaws....?” She seemed genuinely confused by the name, and tilted her head to emphasize. She also felt her face flush as he said he agreed about meeting her, and she figured she may have been pretty smooth with that compliment. Hotaru 1.... Eoin 190. Or something. A big number.

She faultered slightly when he asked about her being ‘sick’. She smiled softly, and waved it off.

“No, it’s ok.” She took a deep breath before starting. “I had some.... birth complications. Mom wasn’t supposed to have kids; it was medically impossible. But I got sick at birth. They had to keep me for over two weeks before even thinking about letting me go home. Mom and dad moved us to a smaller town, hoping I would get better. I didn’t, really. I had a tumor that needed to be removed, I almost died from a common cold once, I still have to be enrolled into a hospital every time I get the flu.” She gave him an ‘it’s excessive’ type look, and air quoted the next sentence. “For safety. My parent still think I’m sick, even though I haven’t had a major medical problem since I was like, eight.”

She sighed, and looked at Eoin for a reaction. Probably an ‘oh you poor thing so fragile’ reaction. So before he could, she said something else.

“But I’m not some fragile child. I’m a black belt in ninjutsu for heavens sake! They just don’t see that yet.”

codedbycrucialstar

556474e688e64afd2b025194a74aa09e.png
Eoin

"Yup. Everything you said went over my head," he said, moving his hand over the top of his hand for emphasis. "I don't know much about plants, it was my grandmother's; she had the green thumb in my family." He chuckled lightly. "It's not unsettling in an aquarium, where I can see the bottom and each creature inside the glass." He propped his elbows on the table. "Jaws is a film about a killer shark. It's an American thing." He shrugged. "A family moved to my town and they were from America. They taught me a lot about America." He refrained from mentioning that he dated their daughter for a long time and she introduced him to all things American.

He gave her a sheepish grin as she began to explain. "You are an enigma. The best anomaly I've ever met." He nodded, his smile returning to it's confident state. "I know you're deadly and I'm glad to hear you're doing well." He nodded. Parents are supposed to be paranoid. His parents freaked out when he had a fever. "The flu is no joke," his tone was serious for a moment before he laughed. "The flu is rough though. My sister got it a while back. She was a complete hames for a while." He grabbed the menu on the table and opened it. "Thanks," his voice was quiet as h spoke. "Sometimes I can be thick." And rightly so. "Sometimes people are stuck seeing you for what you were instead of what you are." Fear was powerful and the fear of losing someone they loved, it must have been unbearable.

Eoin looked up at Hotaru before glancing around the room. Where was the waiter? "The server is a dosser." He expected someone to have already come over and take their order. He took a deep breath. She did ninjutsu, total savage. Hopefully no one would pick a fight with them; he didn't want his manly pride over shadowed by Hotaru's superior fighting skills. Eoin was rather scrappy, but he had no formal training, just drunken brawls.​

Saito Hotaru

Laughing slightly as he said what went over his head, Hotaru placed a hand over her mouth. She kind of liked the sound of his family. They seemed so nice from what she had heard. Which was little, but still. She couldn't help but light up when he said he could see every creature in the glass at an aquarium.

"Seriously? You can see every fish and shark and creature?" Her eyes were bright in curiosity, and she leaned forward a little. That sounded amazing, and she honestly could wait. It seemed fun. But she faltered when he said Jaws was a killer shark movie. She tilted her head, and hummed. "People know that sharks won't attack you unless they've had human blood in the past year, or if they very much accidently think your a seal, right?" She asked, not really diving to far into the American family. She had a feeling she didn't want to know.

She snapped her head up when he complimented her, her face growing redder. He was right, people shouldn't judge you for what you were. Darn his odd and unexplainable effect over her. He did not respond like she expected him too. Add another point to Eoin's smooth compliments. In an attempt to change the topic away from her flustered self, Hotaru pulled out her Tessen. She always had it, in a special strap that went on her back. It was blue, with gold accents, and just looked sharp. It seemed like a fancy fan.

"Uh, yeah. I'm what people call a Kunoichi. This is a Tessen. I use it a lot, actually." She said hesitantly, smiling a little as the weapon glinted in the light. She however didn't bother hiding it, as it looked like a basic fan to most people.

"Also, I know I say this a lot, asking what stuff is. But what's a dosser?" It sounded odd, the world rolling off her tongue in a strange accent.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
ea097091ac94010691182c24f578bbd9.jpg
Eoin

Eoin chuckled. "I forgot you've never been." He nodded. "Yup. The tanks are so clean that you can see every creature inside them. It's incredible." It truly was. The experience was unparalleled and he really wanted to go with her. She would be enjoyable to watch, her excitement and joy at being able to observe the thing she loves most. He wouldn't pass that opportunity up for anything. Eoin laughed as she talked about sharks. "I know, we all know." He smiled brightly. "It's completely fake. You'd hate the movie." It wasn't factual at all, but some corny American film.

He raised his brow at her. Kunoichi? Tessen? The blue and gold complimented each other well and something about it seemed a little off. "That's a funny looking fan," he said pointing to the object in her hand. He wasn't familiar with those kinds of things. "What's a Kun...kun..whatever you said you were?" He didn't want to even try pronouncing the word because he couldn't even remember what she'd said. "Oh-A dosser is essentially someone who isn't doing their job." He shrugged his shoulders. "Ask as much as you want," he said. "Lord knows I'm going to be asking you so many questions when we go to the aquarium."

A man approached them. "What can I get for you two?" He asked, his blonde hair hanging in front of his face.

Eoin glanced up at him. "I'll get the bacon burger and a Coke," he said before looking over at Hotaru.​

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru listened to him speak, and while it was a short sentence, she still looked in awe. She sighed slightly, and leaned back.

“That sounds amazing....” She murmured, honestly excited. Seeing all the fish and animals, swimming in the bright tanks. She couldn’t wait to go with Eoin. She laughed at the apparent factual failure of the ‘Jaws’ movie.

She pulled the fan back when he pointed at it. She held it a bit closer, and shook her head.

“Don’t touch it, it’s super sharp. It’s technically a weapon. I wouldn’t want you to get hurt.” She said, fanning herself for show, so he could see that it was entirely metal. “A Kunoichi is a female ninja, a term for a girl completely trained in martial arts.” She explained, resting her head in her free hand.

She nodded in understanding at his explanation, and giggled when he said he would ask about the aquarium. She nodded, and spoke with awe and excitement. “You can ask as many questions as you want about the fish. I’ll be so excited that I’ll probably start explaining without any questions.” She said honestly.

When the boy approached the table, she snapped the fan shut, and smiled a little. She didn’t want to alarm them to the fact that she had a weapon, even though she meant no harm.

“Can I have a bacon cheese burger with extra pickles?” She asked, tilting her head to the side and smiling slightly.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Eoin

He smiled at her. "You're going to love it. Nothing I say will truly describe it," he said with a soft chuckle. If she hadn't said something he would have reached over to feel it for himself. The fan was a weapon. That was unexpected. "You certainly know how to keep a guy on his toes. You have never been to the beach, but you casually keep a weapon on you. Not to mention you're savage. A ninja, every child's dream" Ninja's. They were fictional to him as a child, the thought of them actually be real was a foreign concept. Of course he knew they were real, but it was like the clouds, seeing them, but not being able to touch them.

"Sounds grand. Maybe I'll learn enough to minor in it," he spoke with a grin. "I'm looking forward to it." After she ordered her food the man walked off to put their orders in. "Do you have a bucket list? I feel like that's something you should make." He nodded before speaking again, "I have a couple things in mine that are specifically related to America." He'd actually done a couple of them. One was try a New York style pizza, which he did and it was amazing. Another was a Twinkie and he had a pretty giant list of candies too; he'd only had a few of the candies so far.​

Saito Hotaru

Smiling, Hotaru shrugged. She put her Tessen away, and ran a hand along her pony tail and around her shoulder.

“What can I say? I’m a girl of odd talents.” She joked, giving him a small smile. Did he really think that highly of her? It was probably the first time someone besides her Aunt thought she was actually capable of something. She liked it. A lot, actually.

When he mentioned a bucket list, she nodded, and pulled out her notebook again. She flipped it to a page filled with things she wanted to do, but all of it was in Japanese. She flipped a few pages, and showed she had eight back to back pages filled with things she wanted to do.

“Yes, I do! You can’t read it though.... it’s in Japanese. But I could tell a few of them to you if you want? I have some relating to America as well.” She said hesitantly, not sure if he actually wanted to hear about them. She wanted to hear about his though. She wanted him to go on for hours about what he liked and didn’t like, so she could take notes and memorize it.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
500full-danny-schafer.jpg
Eoin

"I'm beginning to see that," Eoin said with a small smile. She was quite the interesting individual and the more he learned about her the more he wanted to know. She was alluring, one of the most fascinating people he'd encountered in America thus far. "Definitely a rose among the thorns," his voice was quiet as he looked at her. That seemed to describe her perfectly. She was a rose, beautiful and delicate, but sharp and able to protect herself. Maybe delicate wasn't the right word, elegant? Graceful? He couldn't think of the word at the moment, but she was quite dazzling in his eyes.

"And you're just assuming I can't read..." he paused looking at the notebook. "Japanese? What if I could." He sat up straighter. "I'm just really rusty, as in I really have no idea how to read it." He chuckled before motioning to the book. "Please, carry on. Enlighten my small and limited mind to your vast knowledge of this language." Other languages fascinated him, but he never took the time to branch out much. His time was spent with the community kids and that's who he made time for; he wished he took the time to learn more languages than English and Irish Sign Language, but he had no regrets about how he spent his time.​

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru looked at Eoin, and smiled. She was glad he found her interesting, or if nothing else at least curious. She tilted her head when she heard him murmur something under his breath.

“Hmm?” She simply hummed in curiosity, asking an indirect question to what he said. She saw him looking at her, and her face turned pink slightly. Good lord, could he be any more attractive at this point?

When he asked why she assumed he couldn’t read Japanese, Hotaru grinned slightly, and started to speak in Japanese, just to throw him off.

“Anata ga hontōni nihongo o yomi, hanasu koto ga dekireba, watashi wa hijō ni kandō surudeshou.” She spoke with perfect pronunciation, and raised an eyebrow at him. “Soshite, anata ga katamukenainode, watashi wa anata ga anata ga rikai suru no o hon'nosukoshi no hikaeme matawa osore sae mo sezu ni, anata ga hontōni subarashiku mie, anata no saisho no tomodachi ga ima made motte ita no o iu koto ga dekimasu.” She finished off with a sigh, and shook her head slightly. Whatever she said seemed like a compliment, or something similar to that. She smiled at him, and pointed to the first item on her bucket list.

“Obviously, the first one is visiting and Aquarium. I already told you about that one. The second is to get a phone, and that one is gonna be true by the end of the day, or maybe tomorrow. The third....” She looked at the third item, and frowned slightly. She pulled out her blue pen, and crossed it out, which was a feature a few of them already had.

Once she crossed it out she smiled happily, and put her pen away.

“The third one is done, so that’s null and void.”

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
ea097091ac94010691182c24f578bbd9.jpg
Eoin

He considered repeating himself and he was pretty confident that if he did, her blush were deepen. "I was just muttering a compliment," he said as he smiled at the young woman before him. The grin that crept onto her face wasn't like the other ones, this one had a mischievous undertone. Hotaru opened her mouth to speak, but the words that came out didn't make sense to him. It took him a minute to realize that she wasn't speaking English and that grin was evil. When she raised her brow, he found her confidence captivating. The more time he spent with her the more he liked her and the more attractive he found her; it wasn't all about looks, which she had, but about her soft demeanor that hid a more radiant personality.

"That was cruel," he said with a short laugh. "I'm going to pretend you said something on the lines of 'Oh, Eoin, you are dashing and intelligent, and a craic to be with'." He finished with a nod. He was confident she wasn't going to divulge what she'd actually said. The smile she wore gave him that impression. "Aye, got that. Phone, that's important. If you don't get one I can't bother you from afar." He watched as she read from the notebook. The frown that rested on her face piqued his curiosity. "What's wrong?"​

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru’s eyes widened when he said he was giving her a compliment. She looked down just a little in slight embarrassment, and shrugged.

“Oh... ok then.” She laughed to herself, and leaned back. His face seemed confused while she was speaking, and she grinned. Then, when he said that he was going to pretend what she said, she blushed. He wasn’t that far off, honestly.

“I mean, your not wrong, but ok.” She said under her breath, and messed with her nails. That’s actually pretty much what she said, honestly. A bit more complicated and subtle, but the message the same.

“Nothings wrong. I just forgot to mark off one that I completed this morning.” She said, happiness and slight red seeping in to her features. The third one was ‘make a friend’, which she had done just that day.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Eoin

"I just said you were a rose among thorns," Eoin spoke with a low voice. He felt embarrassed earlier, but somehow he felt worse evading the question. At her words he paused and a smile slowly spread across his lips. He let out a soft chuckle, still grinning. "What was that?" He leaned forward on the table and said, "You gotta speak up." He ran his fingers through his fiery red hair. He heard her words, though quiet, he'd managed to catch them. But he wanted to hear it loud and clear.

Eoin nodded at her. "That makes sense." His blue eyes traveled down her face until they rested on the notebook in front of her. Oh how he wished he could read Japanese. The server came back with their burgers and place them on the table. Eoin mumbled a thanks before taking a sip of his soda. "What classes do you have tomorrow?" He asked. "Maybe we could try and figure out a time to see the aquarium? Unless you have something else planned." He placed the glass down. "I'd like to see you tomorrow. Hangout or something." Really anything. Even if they were just chatting like today.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy/Flustered

Her eyebrows raised up up as Eoin repeated what he said. ‘Rose among thorns’. That sentence made her breathing stop for what felt like a good, oh I don’t know, thirty minutes. She pursed her lips as her face reddened, and stared at him for a moment, her mouth slightly open. She was finally able to speak a strangled sentence, but I made her voice sound a little huh pitched.

“Thank you.” She said hastily, her voice slightly cracking in between. Good GOD I can’t get it together today. She thought to herself, mentally face palming. When he leaned forward, and asked her what she said, Hotaru almost choked on air. It didn’t help that he ran his hand though his hair; it honestly made it worse. She was sure her face looked like a tomato right now. And odd, black hairs tomato.

“I-I said your not really wrong..... about what I said in Japanese.” She said louder, but still a bit quiet. She leaned away a tad, subconsciously, straight out of embarrassment.

Hotaru shrunk down in her seat even further as he asked if they could hang out the next day. However, at the word ‘aquarium’ Hotaru sat straight up, and leaned close. Her eyes got lit up, and she smiled excitedly.

“Well, I don’t think I have any classes tomorrow specifically, but I’m not sure. What I am sure about is that I’ll have enough time to go with you.” She said enthusiastically, not even getting flustered when he said he just wanted to see her tomorrow.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Eoin

When her face flushed the brilliant red, he smiled. He'd grown quite fond of it in the short amount of time they'd been together. He loved the face she was pretty easy to read even if she didn't speak everything that was on her mind. When she spoke, it only increased his confidence. He could easily observe his sway over her, but he almost felt bad that she couldn't see how much she affected him. His heart jumped a beat when she raised her voice a bit to repeat her words.

He was surprised by her subtle retreat, fleeing from his question. His smile faded, maybe he'd misjudged her, maybe she didn't want to hang out with him? Wow, he'd never felt so insecure before about a woman. Most of the time he could easily understand them. Her change of attitude made him smile again. "I'm glad to hear that. I have a morning class, but my afternoon is completely free." He chuckled lightly before adding, "Whenever you get your phone, you'll have to text me and let me know." He was looking forward to tomorrow.​

Saito Hotaru

She smiled widely, hearing that his afternoon was free. She nodded when he mentioned her getting a phone, and nodded.

“Yes! I definitely will..... I honestly enjoy talking with you.” She said hesitantly, not sure if she should be embarrassed by saying that. She really liked hanging out with him, and talking with him. He had a sweet, but confidant, personality. She honestly liked that. She didn’t get the whole ‘be mean to people you like’ thing. It was odd, and hard to understand for her.

“So, uh, what’s something that’s on your bucket list?” She asked, tilting her head to the side. She grabbed her drink, and then face palmed as she realized she forgot to thank the waiter for her drink. “Oops....” She said quietly, and shook her head a little. She hated being rude. Again, being mean made no sense to her.

She focused back on Eoin, and smiled slightly, she went back to sitting properly in the chair, but her head looked up when the server placed their food on front of them. He smiled at them, and spoke quickly.
“Here you go, you two.”

Hotaru smiled a little, and bowed her head slightly on reflex.

“Thank you.” She said simply, feeling better that she thanked him that time.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
4a2f66492e1787d87ea520888803b182.jpg
Eoin

Eoin grinned a bit wider at her comment and he was glad she'd said it. A little bit of a confidence booster was all he really needed. He figured she enjoyed his company as much as he enjoyed hers, but it was always nice to hear it from the other person. "I'm thrilled to hear that," he said. "Sometimes American's are nice and polite, but don't really like you. You know?" He chuckled dryly before taking a bite of his burger. Hmm, it was as good as he remembered. This place was high on his favourite list for American restaurants. After he swallowed he said, "This place is deadly."

"My list is full of candy." He laughed. "I've done a couple things on it. I do want to try a Twinkie." A sheepish smile crossed his lips. "A lot of food is on mine." Food was one of his favourite things. The motto in his house was 'you don't have to be hungry to eat' and boy, did they follow that motto. It was the reason he was such a chub as a lad. "Another would be to drive. It's probably odd, but they drive on the other side of the road. The wrong side." He chuckled before taking another bite of the juicy burger before him. He leaned back in the seat. "Maybe I could bunk off class and we could go to a water park. It's on my list. Or the falls." He pulled out his phone. "We could knock a few out before school really sets in." His blue eyes scanned the phone in his hand as he pulled up his list. He didn't have it memorized, but he did remember that since he loved water.

Eoin glanced up at her. "Don't feel pressured to spend the day with me." A wide smile tugged at his lips. "Just tell me to feck off when you get sick of me." Not much bothered Eoin, sure he didn't want to hear that from her, but he'd respect it. He'd heard that he could be a bit much all at one time and spending a day with him? Well, sometimes people got sick of his more upbeat and jokester personality.​

Last edited:

Saito Hotaru

Eoin grinned a bit, causing Hotaru’s stomach to do a bit of a backflip. She was half she was able to make him smile, even if it was only a few times.

“Americans are nice........ but don’t like you? That doesn’t make much sense.” She said hesitantly, looking to see if he was kidding or being serious. She tilted her head, but didn’t lean on the table. That wasn’t something she did. Usually, she didn’t even have high tables, or chairs.

She raised her eyebrows, and let loose a small grin. Her tone wasn’t serious, but a bit hard to detect the humor. “Deadly? Oh no, did I make a mistake in moving here?”

Hotaru did giggle slightly as he mentioned that the whole bucket list was basicly Candy. She nodded along; some of hers was candy too. Until he mentioned a specific one, then her face turned curious.

“What is a ‘Twinkie’? She asked simply, giving no indication that she was kidding. She realized he would be getting a lot of questions like that from her. She didn’t have much time to research America before she came. Food wasn’t a massive deal in her house, other than ‘eat what is in front of you, no more no less.’ Her mother was always very adamant about that.

“The wrong side of the road?” Hotaru seemed a little confused, and skeptical when she heard it. “I wouldn’t call it the wrong side, but it deffinitly isn’t normal for us.” She smiled wider, and turned to look out the window for a moment. The cars were on the ‘wrong side’ as he liked to call it, but Hotaru saw it as just another small act of rebellion.

When he mentioned skipping class, Hotaru jumped a bit. He mentioned that so casually? “S-skipping class...?!” She stuttered out, looking at him as if he had grown a second head. “Your allowed to do that? Your family is.... ok with that?” She made it sound more like a mesmerizing fact rather than some form of insult. “I mean, the water park would be absolutely amazing, but I could never skip class. My mom would have me on the first flight back to Japan if she heard.”

Hotaru spoke nervously, and looked down a bit as she mentioned that. She didn’t mind talking about her parents at all, but it did seem like her life style before was way stricter.

Her head snapped back up when he spoke about her getting sick of him. She scrunched up her nose slightly, and looked him in the eyes. Her question (she had a lot of those) wasn’t sarcastic, or even insulting. Just.... genuinely concerned.

“Why would I get sick of you, or tell you to go away?” “She did phrase it a bit nicer, but that was habit. “It doesn’t bother me to spend the day with you. I would love to spend the day with you! Why, has someone told you that before?” She asked as if it was ludicrous. She honestly loved hanging out with people. The only exception were rude or mean people. She couldn’t stand those who were mean to others. Unless, of course, they were fighting off jerks.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
04.png
Eoin
Eoin shrugged. "I think I'm too forward with them," he said. It didn't bother him and he was rather civil with everyone. "Some American's are great." He nodded and it was true. There were a few people in his class he genuinely liked. Eoin laughed. "Oh yeah-definite mistake." He joked leaning on the table, the corner of his mouth pulled up to half a grin. Being with her felt so easy and relaxing. her giggle was music to his ears and each time he heard it he felt a bit lighter.

"What's a Twinkie?" He laughed. "It's an iconic American...food." He wasn't sure how to describe it. "It's horrible for you, but I've heard American's love it." How bad could it taste if it was that well known? "I saw it on a Zombie movie once and I've wanted to try them ever since." He nodded. "It looks cake-like with some white filling." He shrugged before taking a bite of his burger. How he loved a good burger. "You're too kind," he said after swallowing. "It's definitely the wrong side, but that's why I want to drive here." He chuckled. "We set the standard and they changed it." He followed her gaze as cars zoomed by them. Definitely the wrong side.

The look she gaze him made him second guess his suggestion. She was one of those students and he should have known she would have responded in that way. The faded smile returned as she spoke. "I don't ask their permission, I just do it." He shrugged. "Teachers don't snitch. The only person that would tell them, would be you," he added, watching her jumpy behaviour. It was amusing and endearing. The way she spoke about being allowed made him chuckle. "It's fine if you don't want to skip. Just a suggestion."

Eoin smiled. "I can't tell when I overstep," he said, still smiling. "Music to my ears." He took a sip of his soda. "Eh-I've heard it all. I may not be the most tactful person." He laughed lightly. "Sometimes it's my own fault." He placed his cup down. "Enjoying the food?" He motioned toward the burger.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back