• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Atlantic University (OPEN)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Saito Hotaru
Outfit: x
Mood: Happy/Embarrassed
Interactions: Eoin ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Hotaru smiled at the mention of a coffee shop. She didn’t really like coffee, as she was more of a tea person. But hey, she could still hang out with Eoin there, couldn’t she? That made it worth it. She nodded and started walking in that direction with him.

At his question, she gave him a nervous look. Hesitating, Hotaru nodded slowly. She really wanted to know. She didn’t want to seem like some dumb village girl in front of him; he would laugh at her. She wanted to know so she could answer next time. She didn’t even realize she was leaning in slightly to hear his answer, her eyebrows raised slightly.

“Yeah.... I wanna know. What is it?”
She really hoped it wasn’t something she would regret knowing.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
P2m51dnb.png

Kinley Jones
Interactions: Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Despite herself, Kinley actually giggled at the banter between the two of them -- a soft, bubbly laugh that demanded to be set free. For a moment, she looked almost embarrassed, and cast her eyes down towards the ground, a smile quirking up the corners of her mouth as they wandered around. Maybe she was enjoying this boy's spontaneous company more than she originally thought she would.
"Hah!" Kinley released another laugh, nudging Adriel playfully. "I absolutely could kick your ass. Maybe you should try it sometime; y'know, get some self-defence under your belt, pretty boy." She grinned properly this time, a smile that actually reached her grey eyes for once. I like this one, she thought to herself, amusedly studying his face. Score one for Adriel.
Running, huh? She figured as much. He looked the type -- strong, definitely, but not stacked like a personal trainer. Kinley loved to run almost as much as she loved her Muay Thai classes, and it showed; though she was small and lithe, she carried herself very strongly, and definitely had some tough, lean muscle. Besides, the two often went together: it was difficult to do Muay Thai without a lot of stamina, and boy, did Kinley have a lot of that.
Anyways, she shrugged and kept walking, occasionally veering off to snatch up some freebies from nearby tabes. At one of which, Kinley swiftly snatched up a couple of lollipops, and as she tore off the wrapper on one, she offered the other to Adriel. It was a small gesture -- and a kind one -- but in Kinley's mind, it definitely functioned as a way of letting him know he was in her good books. For now, at least.
She smiled again, and briefly shook her head before taking a pause and cocking it to the side in thought. "Huh, I never thought about that. That big ball of fluff treats me like I'm one of her damn kittens." Kinley grinned, absently swirling the lollipop around in her mouth. Her cool exterior had definitely begun to melt away the longer Adriel kept her talking, but the fact that she could easily slip off into the crowd was certainly helping, as well.

556474e688e64afd2b025194a74aa09e.png
Eoin
Interaction(s): Meme Machine Meme Machine

As they moved toward the direction of the coffee shop, at least, he was pretty sure it was the right direction. It had been a few days since he'd gone there, but he felt pretty confident it was right. He chuckled at her curiosity. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but to her, it could be. She was different than many girls he'd met before. He looked over at her, surprised by her closeness. She seemed to be growing more comfortable with him and he was alright with that. "It's not that big of a think." He chuckled.

"I'm just surprised you don't have more guys at your feet. That's all it really means. Following, ergo, guys chasing after you," he said. "I mean, you seem to have some great qualities, beyond looks." He shrugged, focusing his eyes on the path ahead. The coffee shop was in view now. "I was right," he spoke quietly, more for himself than anyone else to hear. He was pleased his sense of direction hadn't failed him today.

758e1650e470f96e39924fe7b80fde4d.jpg
Adriel
Interaction(s): MarsRover MarsRover

Adriel grinned at her joyful expression. He liked her laugh and hoped to hear more of it. He wasn't oblivious to her peculiar reaction to such a show of emotion though. When she looked away he saw a smile tugging on her lips. Score, he made her laugh. "I don't doubt it," he said with a short laugh. "I'm not sure I'd want to face off against you though," he smiled looking over at her. He still couldn't figure out if 'pretty boy' was an insult or compliment. Maybe he'd figure out in due time. "I might be able to win against your cat." He sighed. "But if she takes after you, I guess not." He shook his head, still smiling.

He was taking everything in stride because everything about her seemed to surprise him. She could clearly take care of herself and her bravado wasn't a facade. She was independent and physically fit, which showed. He'd refrained from checking her out too much, he didn't want her to catch him, instead he focused his attention on her face or the people around them. Adriel smiled as he took the lollipop from her. After shoving the wrapper in his pocket he put the candy in his mouth. She seemed to be warming up to him, just a smidge though.

Each time she drifted off to a table he wasn't sure if she'd return. He still felt his original assessment lingering in the air. As much as he enjoyed her company at this time, she still seemed flighty. The more they talked the less concerned her felt about her ditching him. He chuckled at her comment about her cat. "I'm sure she means well," he said. "Cats always do." He nodded. His aunt had a couple cats and he enjoyed their company, but they were finicky. They'd come to him purring, but dodged his hand when he tried to pet them. Cats were confusing. He glanced at Kinley, kind of like her. She was confusing. He half smiled at his thought. Kinley the cat, it kind of rhymed. "Do you often go to things like this?" He asked motioned to the booths to the left and right. "Aside for the free stuff I mean." He chuckled. She must have quite the collection by now.​

Saito Hotaru

Her face turned a slightly darker shade of pink as he explained what he meant. Sure, it wasn't a big deal, she just couldn’t imagine guys chasing her. It seemed...... abnormal.

But she noticed the subtle compliments in his assessment of her personality. She smiled softly to herself, and sighed. As he pointed out the coffee shop, Hotaru smiled. It was pretty cute, actually. She was glad she had her wallet on her today, like her aunt suggested.

As they were about to walk in, Hotaru spoke. Her face was still flushed from their conversation before.

“Thank you, I guess..... I mean, I don’t think I could imagine that happening, but it’s nice to someone does.” She smiled up at him sweetly, and turned to open the door.

“So, um.... do you have any siblings?” It seemed like an odd question to ask, but for her it was kind of a big deal. She never had any siblings, as much as she prayed for one or asked her parents to adopt. Plus, she was curious.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
P2m51dnb.png

Kinley Jones

Kinley released another giggle, though this time around she felt less embarrassed thanks to Adriel's lack of attention placed on the somewhat odd event. "Oh, I dunno about that. She warms up to strangers eventually, but she's pretty on-guard." She spoke lightly, simply, and it wasn't completely clear if she was still talking about her cat or had moved on to talking about herself; either way, it didn't matter. It was true. Angel was incredibly protective of Kinley, but she lowered her guard the more she interacted with others -- given that they didn't upset Kinley, at least. Not too long after Kinley had adopted her, she had Angel registered as an emotional support animal, partially due to her protective nature, but mostly to do with how grounding and helpful the cat was to Kinley's emotional state.
Kinley was diagnosed with bipolar 1 shortly after arriving to college -- the stress of moving across the country and starting up an almost entirely new life had triggered her first manic episode that lasted for almost two weeks. Back home in Seattle, she had been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, which seemed fairly commonplace for those who had originally gone undiagnosed with bipolar disorder -- and she did know about the illness -- but the thought hadn't even crossed her mind until her manic episode. It was frightening and incredibly tough to deal with, but Angel stuck to her side and gave her both peace of mind and a calming distraction from everything else that was happening. Even though Kinley joked about it, she didn't mind that her cat treated her like her very own kitten.
"Nah." She shook her head at Adriel's question, then looked up at him with a mischievous grin. She dramatically pulled the lollipop out of her mouth, making a pop! sound, and laughed. "I just wanted to get outta that stuffy library. I kinda hate these things."

ea097091ac94010691182c24f578bbd9.jpg
Eoin
Mention(s): Eliruz Eliruz

Eoin smiled at her as he held the door so she could walk in. "Don't sell yourself short," he said as they walked inside. The smell of brewing coffee filled the air and mixed with the smell of fresh baked goods. He stepped in line before looking at Hotaru. "I have four siblings." He glanced at the menu. "My twin sister is a student here as well." He turned to look into her grey green eyes. "If I don't run you off, you might get to meet her," he said with a soft chuckle.

He didn't think he'd scare her off, but her shyer demeanor made him more aware of his words. Usually he wasn't focused on first impressions or what people thought about him, most wrote him off as the 'loud Irish man' and that would be the end of it. College made him want to change that. He was learning how important first impressions were and he liked Hotaru. She was pleasant to converse with, easy on the eyes, and kind. She was quite different from his typical friend group. "Do you have siblings?" He asked moving forward as the line shrunk.

fbf416c6acce128cfe6313e52ddce104.jpg
Adriel

Adriel nodded as a short chuckle came from him. Her giggle was kind of contagious. "I hope so," he said looking at Kinley. So far he'd learned that this cat was her spirit animal, or maybe her in another life. Kinley seemed less prickly than she had been twenty minutes ago. Prickly didn't seem like the right word, maybe it was guarded? Protected? Either way, she was slowly shedding the tough exterior from earlier. She was more bubbly than he would have ever assumed.

He laughed. "Honestly, I was surprised you were going," he said. "I avoid these things too." He chuckled. "I got my fix my first year and that was more than enough." He glanced at the crowd around them. There were far too many people here for him and he was a gregarious person. Everyone had their limits. "I wouldn't be opposed to ditching." He raised his brow as he looked at her, a small smile tugging at his lips. "If you're so inclined."​

P2m51dnb.png

Kinley Jones

"First college, first year, first dumbass society fair." Kinley waved a hand and spoke flippantly, snickering quietly. As her eyes scanned the area around her, she regarded everything coolly, not making eye contact with anybody for too long. "Crowds are only fun at, like, nightclubs. Concerts. Less... personable venues."
Believe it or not, Kinley was somewhat of a wild child. She was cool, collected, and always rather impersonal in her interactions, but she thoroughly enjoyed going out and spending all night at a club or a bar. There was always a level of disconnect at those places, regardless on how... close you managed to get with people, and Kinley preferred that. She enjoyed people watching, enjoyed captivating people with her striking stare, but if they showed too much interest in her, she was out. Kinley, with her ever-present need for everything to be a competition, didn't like those that chased her, even if they were fascinating and amusing to play with. Instead, she constantly played a game of cat and mouse with those that caught her attention.
And Adriel did exactly that.
Although, when he asked her to come along with him, she faltered ever-so-slightly. But he was kind about it, and he was teasing her, much like she had done to him back at the library. Actually, exactly like she had done to him at the library -- even down to their reactions. Kinley was surprised, but tried to not let it show, although with how her gaze snapped up to latch onto his, she was sure he'd notice. Nevertheless, Kinley took a quick breath and playfully nudged him, rolling her eyes amusedly. "I'm quite inclined, thank you very much. Where to?" She laughed, and then slipped out of the exit before he could even answer, giving a brief tug on his wrist before she disappeared.

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru laughed slightly, and smiled. She shook her head, her black pony tail moving with her head.

“Oh, how I wish.” Her accent thickened slightly as she concentrated less on it and more on her words. “I was what you would call a special case. I’m not even supposed to have been born.” Her tone wasn’t angry, or even sad. Just.... stating a fact. She sighed, and rubbed her arms as if she was cold. Her mom always reminded her how ‘delicate’ and ‘fragile’ she was due to the way she was born. Two weeks in the hospital after birth with a collapsed lung and heart failures. Fun times. She was healthy now, though. Which is why she didn’t understand her mother’s carefulness to exposing her to things.

“But it’s alright. I’ve heard some people don’t like their siblings.” She eyed some of the blue berry scones that were inside the case, and reached in her pocket for her money. She pulled it out, and turned to him again.

“I would love to meet your sister at some point, though. If she’s as nice as you, I think we could definitely be friends.” Hotaru murmured, as they moved forward in the line again.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Octavius Atlas Armani
Interaction: None
b67611f0f3b5cca5983a464e66a71f4e.jpg

Octavius shifted from foot to foot, he felt restless, bored, and hungry. He’d been pretty much useless the entire since he got to the clubs spot. His teammates had answered the majority of the questions students had about the club; plus right at this moment, he was craving a nice bacon cheeseburger. Since coming to America that had become one of his favorite meal to eat.oh ce que je donnerais pour un cheeseburger au bacon’ he mumbled to himself feeling his stomach grumble. Sighing he glanced at his watch, the club fair should be over soon and then he could head home.

Looking around he recognized some people as they walked by, most were in his Gen-Ed classes and some he saw frequently at the cafe not that he would talk to them. But most people seemed comfortable, interested in whatever club they were currently at. He was thinking of joining another club, one that would force him to express himself. He could join the French club, maybe met some exchange students or people fascinated with France. Writing club sounded fun but he wasn’t looking to do extra work on top of the workload he had. Mumbling incoherently to himself, fidgeting with the ring on his pinky finger.

Eoin
Mention(s): Eliruz Eliruz

"I'm more than willing to share some of mine," he said with a short laugh before she mentioned she wasn't supposed to be born. It took him off-guard at her blatant statement. Her tone wasn't chilling, like he expected. She seemed indifferent to the fact. He followed her gaze and sighed. "Right. Some do. Some of my friends don't like their siblings," he said quietly. He, one the other hand, loved his siblings. They were all pretty close and he couldn't imagine not having them in his life. Their annoying qualities never outshined their positive ones.

"Roisin's great," he said looking over at Hotaru. He wondered what she was up to now, he hadn't heard from her in a while and neither had his folks. He wasn't overly surprised though, her schedule was as hectic as his. "I'm sure you'd get along fine." He nodded, having mixed feelings. Roisin was very different that Hotaru, but she'd understand. He was pretty confident they'd get along just fine. When he reached the counter he looked at the worker and smiled. "English Breakfast Tea, large," he said before handing over the cash. "And whatever my new friend wants." He motioned toward Hotaru.

Adriel

He couldn't agree more with her assessment about the crowds. He found them stuffy, unless there was a good reason for them. To him, good reasons were the ones she rattled off. Adriel preferred hanging in the back when caught in a crowd. He was an observer and as an English major, it was in his blood. Watching them move, speak, and behave provided him plenty of fodder for writing. "I couldn't agree more," he mused.

Her cool and collected manner was melting, he hoped. Her reaction told him she was more than the guarded person she presented. This scenario was like deja vu. He chuckled softly as he looked into her eyes. He followed her lead as they left the club fair. "There's always the coffee shop." Which wasn't all that appealing to him. He checked the time on his phone. "It's still pretty early." He nodded. "We could always raze the town." He laughed before smiling. "I'm always up for eating," he added. Food was always an appealing subject and not one he'd likely ever turn down. "Unless you like weird food," he spoke softly. "Like squid or anything on the lines of that." His aunt tried to convince him to eat it and he almost did, until he saw it move. She didn't believe him when he told her, but from then on he refused. His food needed to be good and dead.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy

“Can I have some Jasmine tea please? A medium? With a blueberry scone, too.” Hotaru said sweetly to the person manning the counter. She placed her money on the counter, and turned back to Eoin. She watched as his blue eyes went from slightly taken aback (no doubt from her statement) to curious and thoughtful. She hummed slightly, staring at him. Then she snapped her attention back to the conversation, and smiled.

“Well, than it’s settled. I’ll meet your sister at some point.” She spoke in a happy tone, bringing her pony tail in front of her and playing with the ends as the person working the counter made the teas.

“So, One thing I feel the need to point out is that I’m not usually clumsy. Since, you know. We only met cause I fell down.” She giggled at the last part, a kind of odd sound for her. Laughter, that is. But she smiled non the less.

codedbycrucialstar

tenor.gif

april shorden

At the mention of the dance major lurking behind, April glanced over her shoulder only once. It amazed her how people of the arts, people who were supposed to be pursuers of the divine and unnatural, could be so god damned boring. Then again, she couldn't speak much on herself. After all, she did live by highlighted time frames and appointments, so in some respect, it saddened her that she was only slightly better. Then again, moral code meant a lot more than organizational OCD, right? "I don't think they're really my friends," The redhead cooed back to the brunette before her, tucking the flashdrive safely into her backpack with a smile. "Besides, if dance was meant to be how it was when it started then no one would do it anymore. Innovation, bringing in the unexpected, that's the kind of career I'm looking for."

The club fair was beginning to boom as it got later in the day, students flocking out of their buildings from study sessions and lecture halls, looking to find a purpose in life again that wasn't just solely schoolwork. Shifting her focus, the lean dancer flicked to the young man who had introduced himself as Orion, the one that held a camera around his neck and had a smug look to his face. He was handsome, there was no doubt about it, but something about him screamed 'spontaneity', a word that didn't often fit into April's life. "Have you ever tried shooting dancers?" The young girl cooed, tilting her head to the side. She had done many a boring dance shoot, ones that took place in studios and on stages, but never something artsy like she presumed the student before her was into.

MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

P2m51dnb.png

Kinley Jones

Kinley released a little giggle as Adriel followed her out of the Club Fair, smiling a bit up at him as she considered. "Razing the town is what I'm best at..." She hummed quietly as she considered their options, eyes scanning the area around them. Campus is pretty, she thought to herself. This whole town is pretty.
Despite living here for four years, Kinley had only attempted to draw the town a handful of times. She wasn't particularly fantastic at drawing landscapes, though, and instead much preferred to draw people. Still life, that kind of thing -- body parts were by far her favourite, especially hands and collars. Kinley had notebook after notebook filled with random images of the body, all drawn with a keen eye and her own signature look; quick, winding pen marks with just enough detail to make them look more than a simple sketch. No colour, minimal shading -- if any. Her art really showed off her personality.
Casting a glance in Adriel's direction, Kinley gave him an amused look. "Have you eaten squid before? Sounds fuckin' nasty to me. You got a place you like to eat at 'round here, pretty boy?" Kinley could always eat -- it was one of her favourite things. People were often surprised how big of an appetite the small girl had, and it constantly amused her. Maybe how active of a person she was impacted how hungry of a person she was. "If not, I know this real nice Thai fusion takeout place downtown. It's the best."

River Lennox
Mentions: Orion, April ( txlos txlos )
Interactions: Lumen ( Solis Solis )
Outfit:
x

River watched as the redhead glanced over her shoulder at the Dance Club's table once again, studying her expression. She seemed deep in thought for a moment, as if trying to what words to say. River wasn't offended or anything by the Dance Club's glares of distaste. After all, it wasn't like it had never happened before. River wasn't like them, wasn't dead set on organization, perfection, and what other people think of her. She would much rather live a carefree life and have fun instead of scheduling out every moment of her life in a planner. The dancers, on the other hand, with probably April included, tended to have that kind of mentality. They most likely spent so much of their lives practicing and perfecting that they had little time to enjoy the world around them. Nevertheless, River was a bit surprised when April said that they weren't really her friends. She couldn't help the curiosity in her expression, wondering what the story was behind that notion. But, River knew she had only just met the dancer, and it was most definitely not her place to ask about it.

The Club Fair had started to become crowded with more people, and River began to feel the familiar rush of adrenaline associated with being overwhelmed. Reaching into her bag, she grabbed the red Altoids tin she kept her pills in so that they were slightly more inconspicuous. To the uninterested eye, it would only seem as though she was popping a mint. The white tablets inside, which River bitter-sweetly called her 'Joy,' helped to combat the anxious feelings that welled up in her body unexpectedly. The brunette quickly took one and put the tin away before anyone could ask questions she really didn't want to answer. With April currently interested in talking to Orion, River wasn't quite sure what to do. Glancing across the table, she tilted as a handsome blonde man approached. He grabbed a pen, but looked a bit lost. River gently set her guitar down in its case before approaching the man. She picked up the tablet on the table and held it out to him, saying, "If you're interested in joining the club, you can fill out the form on here." The digital screen had blanks to fill in personal information followed by a 'Submit' button. "I'm River, by the way," she continued with a small smile, "Not technically in the Photography Club, but an honorary member. What's your name?"

codedbycrucialstar

Orion Michelakis
Mentions: River
Interactions: April ( txlos txlos )
Outfit:
x

Orion glanced away from his friend and the redhead, looking around at the increasing foot traffic at the Club Fair. A few people were interested and stopped by the table, but no one really seemed too terribly committed to joining the Photography Club just yet. Maybe Rose was right, maybe he should stand out there, shouting and dancing and sign-twirling to try and get people to approach the table. But honestly, it just wasn't like him to do something like that. If there were other students out there interested in photography and in joining the club, then they would. No amount of him being uncharacteristically loud and obnoxious could change that.

Orion looked down at the camera around his neck, suddenly wondering if the mixture of people within the club fair crowd would make for a good photo. The lighting wasn't the best, with the sun a little too bright. But he was confident that he could make it work into a eye-catching photo. Orion flipped the switch to turn the camera on, bringing it to his face to peer through the viewfinder. He only had the one lens, which was more for portrait shots rather than wide range. But it would work for what he wanted to try. Orion took a few steps in front of the photography club table, crouching ever so slightly to get the right angle and lighting. The shutter clicked as he took some photographs, changing angles and subjects ever so slightly. After a few moments, he paused to look down at the digital review screen, flipping through the photos he had just taken with a slight smile. A light voice distracted him momentarily, pulling his blue gaze from the screen to the redhead who had been conversing with River before. "A few, though I can say they weren't my favorite photos I've ever taken. Why? Are you interested in being a muse?"

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Eoin

Eoin smiled at the worker before looking over at Hotaru. "Shall we get a table?" He asked before moving toward the window. There were a few tables available, but he preferred the ones by the window; it allowed him to people watch and enjoy the scenery. Eoin loved being outside and enjoying the fresh air. He spent most of his time outside when he was in Ireland.

He nodded. "I think that would be grand," he said before sitting. "She's a lot like me." He added with a half smile. He laughed at her comment. "I'll take your word for it, since I have no proof." He winked before leaning back in the seat. "Tell me more about yourself," he said. "I'm curious about you." They just met but he still wanted to know more. "Even the simple things." He chuckled. "Like your favourite colour, or book." He glanced out the window as people mulled about. He was glad to be away from the crowd.

Adriel

"Why doesn't that surprise me," he spoke quietly as he chuckled softly. He wasn't one to run amok or cause trouble, he wasn't opposed to having a little fun, but he did have a hard time breaking the rules. He shook his head. "No squid for me. I got one look at it, saw it move, and that was it." He smiled. "Food needs to be dead. Period." He made sure to omit the fact that once he saw it move he nearly vomited all over the floor. He wouldn't divulge that information to Kinley. After that, he would never eat anything that appeared to move.

Adriel shrugged. "Eh, too many good places to eat at. Thai sounds good." He hadn't often eaten at Thai places. His usual group preferred burgers or pizza. Adriel didn't mind expanding his palate though and most food appealed to him. "Lead the way," he motioned toward the town before them. He always looked forward to heading into town and getting away from campus for a while, especially if the trips involved food. "We shall see if this place is the best," he said. "If you're wrong, you owe me one." He chuckled.​

uxSqTszb.png

Kinley Jones

"Yeah, yeah," Kinley waved a hand dismissively, heading off for the direction of the student parking lot. "I know what I'm like." And she did. Kinley was very aware of how she came off to people, even though she wasn't trying to be that way. When you're a fiery, guarded person, you can't exactly get away with not knowing how you come off -- people always reacted a certain way. She wasn't as aloof as she seemed, underneath it all. Not really. It never surprised people when they found out she was a troublemaker.
As they walked, she laughed at Adriel's squid anecdote, looking up at the tall boy in amusement. "What're your thoughts on sushi, then? Not squid, of course, but regular ol' sushi. Have you tried it before?" Sushi wasn't Kinley's... favourite food, but she didn't mind it if she was in the mood for it. Of course, she'd never tried squid before, and Adriel's story certainly didn't bump it up her bucket list of food.
"You'd best be okay with my drivin', 'cause I sure as hell amn't walking all the way down there. But, ugh, fine," she laughed, approaching her car in the parking lot. Kinley drove a firetruck-red '99 Saturn S-Series. Jessica, her name was, after Jessica Rabbit. It was fitting -- both the name, and the fact that it was what Kinley drove. It was reliable, old, but with a charm you couldn't quite put your finger on. She unlocked the doors and climbed in, shoving her key into the ignition and starting up the engine, startling as her car's CD player blasted on.
I want something else / To get me through this / Semi-charmed kinda life, baby, baby
Quickly, Kinley twisted the dial to turn the music down, giving a sheepish glance over at Adriel as she did. "Fuck, sorry." She chuckled slightly, tugging her seatbelt over her chest and adjusting her rear-view mirror, knocking her orange-scented air freshener around as she did so, causing a waft of light, fruity air to spread throughout the car. Not that Kinley needed an air freshener, mind you -- her car was well-cleaned, for a college student. There was no garbage, no excess sand or dirt, and it certainly wasn't an unused car, but it was clean like one.

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy

Hotaru nodded, and followed Eoin to the chair. It was seated by the window, which was perfect as she liked to look outside. Taking the seat opposite to his, Hotaru sat with her ankles crossed, which is how she was taught. She sighed, gazing out the window for a moment before bringing her attention back to him. She caught his remark, and the wink made her smile, a pink tint going to her cheek.

She hummed thoughtfully for a moment as he asked her favorite color and book, before answering simply.

“Well, my favorite color is pink, but not hot pink. Like, a soft baby pink. And my favorite book is definitely becoming Mrs. Lewis. I just thinks it’s such a good story.

Hotaru looked back to around, and grinned slightly. She barely knew anything about him, yet she felt she had known him for years. Or maybe she was being delusional? Either way, it was nice.

“And you? Book, or color? Or how about favorite movie?” She tilted her head to the side, and propped her arms on the table, leaning forward slightly. Her eyes widened in curiosity, and she gave him a small smile.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
tumblr_o85u94wnxq1v8r0kko1_250.gif

Rose Kingsley

Interactions: Billie, Solis Solis

Mentions: Kinley, MarsRover MarsRover

Rose wasn't interested in the whole club fair thing anymore, she signed up for one and that's it. What else could possibly catch her eye? She came here and got her fill, she was perfectly content with heading home. Maybe she could tame rather feisty she called her roommate and order in Chinese? Though, she doubted she'd go for it. Kinley... was... hm. She wasn't sure exactly what she was yet, however, the blonde had been nothing but friendly. Unbeknownst to Rose, she probably came off a little too strong.

But then again, she's like that with everyone. It's just who she is. Quick and easy to get comfortable with, at least... to some people.

Grabbing a quick coffee at a nearby stand, muttering a thanks and dropping a considerate tip into the jar, a voice had caught her attention. She cocked her head to the side, watching the girl attempt to rope in a few students for... theater club? Hmph. An amused smile came to her face, and the girl gave up rather quickly which made her smile fade instantly, rolling her eyes in the slightest bit as she pulled up her phone.

What was with people and their phones? A welcome distraction to their failures? Maybe. Rose saw this as potential for a little project that'd suddenly came to her head. Taking her camera and snapping a photo of the unsuspecting blonde. Perfect. It took a few seconds to realize that she probably noticed the flash, and she took that opportunity to walk up.

"Why so glum, sunshine?"

Billie Boden
Interactions: Rose Soap Soap

Bil was startled by the sudden flash of a camera, and she flinched. The photographer was another blonde girl. Dropping her phone gently onto the table, she gave a half-hearted smile.

“I wouldn’t say I’m glum,” she sighed. “Just bored out of my mind. I’ve been sitting here for an hour and I haven’t got a single bite.”

The other blonde seemed to be amused by something, but Billie couldn’t tell what. She couldn’t help but find her pretty — but she also just took a picture of her without consent. What was that about? Was that a habit of hers? Billie didn’t know if she liked that.

Last edited:
Lumen Love

Interactions: River MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Lumen was caught off guard by the girl with the tablet. He turned around swiflty and gasped. The brunette was obviously a little older than him, which was vaguely intimidating. She could’ve been a senior.

He smiled when she introduced herself. River was a pretty name. He liked it. He once dated a boy named River back home, when he was about fifteen. The name made him feel safe. He hoped this girl would be a friend, if not for her kindness then at least for the familiarity of the name “River.” The boy grabbed the tablet from River and began to fill out the form.

“My name’s Lumen.”

tumblr_o85u94wnxq1v8r0kko1_250.gif

Rose Kingsley

Interactions: Billie, Solis Solis

Rose's eyebrows furrowed at the girl. "Well, entertain yourself then, and not with your phone. You're not gonna get any bites if you don't try." She pointed towards her phone with the picture in hand. She shrugged, of course she was bored. This... seemed extremely boring, especially since no-one seemed interested in theater just yet. She glanced around and noticed the students just passing by, what would she do to catch attention?

She eyed her for a second and nodded as if coming to a decision. "Woah. You mean to tell me Jennifer Lawrence was in this exact same club? No way." It wasn't hard to do a valley girl impression, not at all. Most rich kids were valley girls, so Rose knew how to tap into one whenever she needed to, also safe to say this was definitely the only time she's ever needed to.

A small trio of students came up to the booth and a smile appeared on her face. "See, sweetheart. Easy as pie." Rose chuckled a bit to herself, and shrugged.

"Do you have a name? Or should I just sign up like everyone else." Her gaze fell to the few that were looking at the sign-up sheet. Who knew if they were ever actually going to sign up in the first place, but little white lies here and there wouldn't hurt anyone. Especially if it got her members into the club, why not? They might actually like acting. Meeting her blue gaze with her own, she waited for a reply.

Billie Boden

Billie was shocked when the other blonde just blatantly lied in order to get people to join the theatre department. Billie hadn’t even thought of doing something like that. Still, it was a great idea. She smiled contently as the trio of freshmen began to sign their names on the sheet.

“How did you...?” Bil whispered. She looked up at the other girl. She was kind of quick, huh? Her boldness absolutely made her ten times prettier in Billie’s eyes. Not that she needed much help in that department.

“I’m Billie,” she said, locking eyes with the girl. “Who are you? Why did you decide to help me?”

Eoin

He nodded as she answered the few questions he'd asked. Pink, Mrs. Lewis, he repeated those a couple times; he was doubtful he'd remember, but he'd try anyway. Eoin wasn't always skilled when it came to remembering finer details, he tried his hardest, but without repetition he'd certainly forget. "Mrs. Lewis, I think I've heard of that. That's C. S. Lewis' wife?" He asked raising his brow. He read a lot of C. S. Lewis when he was young, but he probably hadn't picked one up in over five years.

"My favourite colour is hunter green," he said. "I fancy the dark colours." He added with a soft smile. "As far as books go, that's a more difficult question." The worker called their names for their drinks. He slid off his chair and walked over to the counter and grabbed their drinks before returning. He placed her order in front of her before sitting again. "I used to love C. S. Lewis as a boy. I liked Rick Riodan in my teens." He rubbed his chin with his thumb and index finger. "I suppose one of my favourite books is Treason by Orson Scott Card. It's been a while since I last read it, but it was phenomenal." He chuckled. "You ask such hard questions." He smiled before saying, "I like the Notebook." He laughed. "I'm kidding, I've never actually seen it. I enjoy movies like John Wick, Underworld, but I can't say I have a favourite." He took a sip of his tea. "I'll keep you posted about that." He leaned on the table, with his cup between his hands. "What about you? What does Hotaru like? Are you more of a romantic? Or an action and adventure woman?"

Adriel

"I cannot say I've ever had the opportunity to eat sushi, nor could I say I have the desire," Adriel said. Seafood wasn't high on his favourite food list, especially after his squid incident. "I think I prefer my food cooked, burnt, with no chance of recovery." He laughed as they made their way to the lot. His car wasn't far from hers. He glanced a few spots over and saw his blue Ford Fusion, it was 2010 and he'd gotten it at a great price because no one liked to drive stick anymore. As she approached the Saturn he smiled. "That's quite the car. If it's lasted this long, you must not be that bad of a driver," he said, his tone not as confident as his words. He'd driven with too many college students to trust any one of them in a car. "If you kill me, you own me two." He lifted his hand and stuck two fingers up.

He walked over to the passengers door before getting inside the car. The blaring music made him jump, causing him to grip the door handle. After he'd shaken off his slight embarrassment he said, "You're trying to kill me before we even get going. Are you that bad of a driver?" He looked over at her, a smile tugging at his lips. She'd seemed to warm up quite a bit to him, but she clearly had her reservations. His brown eyes scanned the car, hopefully she drove like she cleaned, if she did he had no worries. He'd not seen a car this spotless in a while; his father was the only other person in his life that kept a car so immaculate. Not even Adriel's car was as clean as this. He didn't leave trash lying around, but he hadn't vacuumed it out in a while and he left a small bottle of cologne it in to keep it smelling fresh.​

uxSqTszb.png

Kinley Jones

"Oh, and how are you gonna collect if you're dead, huh? Haunt me from the afterlife? Good fuckin' luck, darlin'." Kinley laughed and rolled her eyes, waiting for Adriel to climb in and buckle up before she backed out of her parking spot and peeled out of the parking lot. Kinley drove with a heavy-foot, but she wasn't actually a bad driver -- she just liked to go fast. Shocking, wasn't it? "Hey, man, I just like my music loud. Not often that I have a passenger, a'ight?" Kinley glanced over at him briefly, then shrugged.

As she drove them downtown from campus, she carefully turned her music up again. Not quite as loud, but just loud enough it functioned as good background noise. Conversation was fine, but Kinley didn't have passengers often, so she was used to her music playing, and it felt weird not having it on. Kinley listened to a lot of pop punk and indie rock, in a mixture of 90s, 00s, and 10s, all burnt onto tonnes of mix CDs piled up in her centre console. Her car hadn't originally come with a CD player, but she had purchased one and installed it herself way back in high school. Occasionally, her friends would chirp her for not having an auxiliary cord available, but she rolled her eyes at that -- it wasn't that she didn't want one, it was just that... it wasn't possible, with her car. Besides, Jessica was Kinley's baby, and she wasn't yet ready to part with her.
"Oh, I mean... we ain't going very far, but you can skip songs if you wanna. Can't remember what's all on this one. What do you listen to?" Small-talk wasn't exactly Kinley's forte, and she navigated it a bit unsure of herself, a bit clumsily, but... well, there's something to say for trying, right? An attempt was being made, and nobody could knock her for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back