• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Atargatis a Mermaid rp

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Malu
rushed
caves
Skipper Skipper Cosmos Cosmos

"Prince!" The tapping of Malu’s claws could be heard from a distance as she called out to the prince. She scurried over to the two, the gathering of mermaids cleared a path for her. Malu was the quieter of the two caretakers but it did not make her less known. She approached Oxyrin and gave a quick bow for a greeting. "The young queen will be arriving shortly, the guards are waiting at the entrance you must go". She started to push the prince forward and pause when she noticed Mellowin. "Ugh." great now she was going to have to deal with her too. "You uh go inform the princess the queen is leaving...or something, just shoo."

Near the entrance of the cave there was about 12 guards. It was good mixture of shifters. Three dolphins to scout ahead, and couple of eels and squids. The rest were heavy hitters, Orcas and whale sharks. The only one who might have been a tad out of place was a sea turtle who was definitely not in the group that Oxyrin had picked out.

Last edited:
Oxyrin was tempted to just leave Mellownis to make the rest of the way back on her own. There were a couple of things she needed to check in on at the caverns since she was heading back there anyway, and it would be much faster if she didn’t have to wait for the other shifter. They were still a little way out though, and even if she tried to hide it, the injury on her tail was obviously bothering her.

If Mellownis thought mentioning her child was going to convince Oxyrin to leave her, she clearly had no idea how pathetic she looked. The scrape on her tail had stopped bleeding during the swim, but it was far from healed, the forming scab dark and red. Despite trying to keep a slower pace for Mellownis’s sake, the younger shifter still seemed to be struggling to keep up. A tail injury could be inconvenient for even the best swimmer, but the strain seemed to be compounded by her pregnancy, and it was really starting to show.

“Unless you wish to put yourself and your child at risk, I would suggest that you stick by me at least until the caverns are in sight.” A cruel thing to say, perhaps, implying that she did not care for the life she was carrying, but now was not the time for foolish ideas and Oxyrin’s patience for disobedience was worn to a thread.

She had not planned on being out this long. It was nearly time for the queen to depart and Oxyrin was supposed to be back already. She could have been if she’d been moving at speed, but allowing Mellownis to keep up with her as well as stopping to ward off predators had slowed the journey considerably and now she was risking being late. Maybe she should leave Mellownis to make her own way back. They were deep in shifter territory and entering an area that always had a fair number of workers. She wouldn’t be at great risk, at least not enough to justify Oxyrin’s continued supervision.

Gritting her teeth and swiping at the water with her tail, Oxyrin dismissed the idea out of hand. She’d brought her this far already. If they hurried she would make it in time, though it would be a close call. Gliding forward, she called back, “I’m taking you the rest of the way. Keep up as best you can.”

The set pace was slower than what she would normally consider casual. Was she even moving at all? It felt like she wasn’t getting anywhere. Would she be able to make it in time? At this rate would she get back to the caverns at all? Oxyrin glanced sidelong behind her only to realize Mellownis was much smaller than she should have been, a shrinking figure in the distance. Flipping, she darted back to Mellownis’s side, circling agitatedly until the caverns were finally in sight.

She pulled to a stop in front of Mellownis, opening her mouth to tell her she had to go when a frantic voice called out to her. Spinning to face the source of the voice brought Malu, one of the queen’s caretakers, into view. Oxyrin frowned sharply at the reminder she was running behind. Twisting slightly to look at Mellownis, she ordered, “I have to go. Do as Malu says and find the princess. If you don’t think you can swim anymore find someone else to do it.” She started forward but continued to speak, this time to the caretaker, “Malu, come with me, we’ll greet the queen with the rest of the guards when she arrives.”

Trusting that Malu could make her own way and not wanting to waste any more time, Oxyrin put on a burst of speed, coming up on the entrance in record time. She pulled to a stop at the sight of the gathered guards, however.

Black eyes narrowed at the sea turtle, “Who are you? What’s your purpose here?” She hadn’t assigned any sea turtles to accompany the queen. If they didn’t have a very good explanation they’d be getting more than just a few stern words.

Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

Featuring: eyyliner eyyliner Maddie15 Maddie15

The queen looked a little stiff for a few moments; she didn't care much for lots of formality, but she relaxed a few moments later.
"Yes, it would be lovely to have a longer chat soon! But I don't need anything right now, dear. I'm just trying to relax a bit so I don't become tense later on at the meeting."
Out of the corner of her eye, Talori caught Kohei glancing in her direction. She turned her head slightly and smiled at him. She didn't seem bothered at all. Her attention turned back to the princess.
"Now, I know you have things to do, so go get a little something to keep yourself sated while you do them. There is still much to do." Again, the scales on her arms and shoulders shifted into the places they had been in; they coiled around her arms like snakes. Talori smiled again and teasingly shooed Ariadne off to do what she needed to do. "Good luck."

Ariadne was shocked for a few seconds, but quickly put a smile on her face. It was as she would talk to a sibling.

'Then, I guess I'll see you later! I hope you'll be relaxed in no time, queen Talori!'

She finished, turning around, but not before taking a glance at the guard beside. She gave him a small smile and took a look at her papers once again. She began swimming forward ready to get over with all the work.

Surprisingly, such a small talk with the young Queen actually relaxed her. It was nice to talk with people like her once in a while. She needed that good mind-set because she was sure, that once the meeting will start, she will be completely annoyed or just irked. She'll have to just smile and get over with, only for a while.
'I wonder what kind of people will we meet though. Maybe they won't be as everyone else is saying' she found herself thinking. She shrugged off the thought not wanting to fill her head with unnecessary things.

For now she needs to check if the entrance is ready.

StarWarsGeekGirl StarWarsGeekGirl
eyyliner eyyliner

Leo/blue
Excited/playful
Throne room
Maddie15 Maddie15 StarWarsGeekGirl StarWarsGeekGirl

Leo hummed himself a little tune as him and the other workers rushed around finishing up the decorations. The guards started to take their places and Blue was making adjustments to armour. Leo liked these sorts of things, I mean he wasn't exactly to thrilled about the occasion but he loved the preparation part. The other workers started to lay out food on the stone table when they realized they were missing a few items. "I'll get it" Leo swam out through a small hidden door into the servant area when he realized he was being followed. He did not do anything at first but sped up little by little before taking off. Right behind him was Blue who took any opportunity to turn everyday task into competition. He snatched Leo's tail pulling him backwards and grabed as much as he could carry and raced down the hall. "Keep up if you can" He let out a chuckle as he managed to take the lead. Leo looked around frantically and grabbed a basket of fruit and raced after his brother. They should have take then tunnels but Blue raced through the royal quarters hoping to scare of Leo and force him to turn around. Blue zipped passed the queens room barely dodging the servants who let out a yelp as they swam out the way. Leo was not far behind but as he went passed the queens room he saw the princess swim out. He wasn't able to stop his momentum and instead dropped his basket of fruit and wrapped his arms around Ariadne spinning her around a few times as opposed to just crashing into her. He looked down at the princess checking to see if she was okay before he realized what he had done. He quickly snatched his hand from around her waist and went into a low bow. "Princess Aridane!" Blue let out a little snicker as he watched his brother and attempted to sneak away to the throne room.

Last edited:
Ariadne was deep in her thoughts thinking about what else she it has to be done. She unconsciously muttered under her breath as she continued to swim to her destination.

Suddenly she saw with the corner of her eye a thing that literally flew past her. She couldn't process what happened as something or better said someone collide into her, but instead of making her fall, it has spun her around for a few times. She felt herself like being on a cloud, on something fluffy and this isn't something she is used to such an experience.

She was extremely confused as she looked up to see a worker, more exactly Leo (if she wasn't mistaken). She haven't seen her to frequently to be too familiar with, but she knows from other workers or guards he's just a 'ray of sunshine'. He was checking if she was alright. 'That's a new for me' she thought. Luckily, she was ok, just utterly confused and surprised. His hands were around her waist, but he quickly snatched them off, perhaps realising what situation he is in. He went into a low bow, but she still seemed to be unable to form a word.

'Princess Ariadne!' That was what made her break out of the trance she was in.

The blonde mermaid quickly looked around seeing a basket of fruits forgotten on the floor. He must did that before trying to lessen the impact. She kind of was greatful, but also a little irked about the fact he may be messing around. She cleared her throat and put on an angelic smile as she glanced back at him signaling him to stand back up. He might not noticed how speechless she was. At least she hoped.

'May I know what are you exactly doing? And why were you running in such a fast swim in the first place?' She said taking a more straight and regal posture.

She could clearly hear a little snicker a few feets away, but she decided to ignore it. Ariadne kind of figured it out what could have possible happened, but she just wanted to make sure. And if it's the case, maybe thanking him, just maybe.

Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

Moon Clan
Mood: Nervous>> Reassured

(i'm teleporting you guys)
AncientBird AncientBird Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Skipper Skipper Lilliana2 Lilliana2
The sound of a shell horn being blown alerted the clan of the Queen's arrival. Everyone who did not have a task at hand had gathered to get see the queen leave. The clan was nervous their protective instincts did not want to see Kiva leave, also there was the fear of being left without a queen. The queen came into view and the crowd awaited for her to say something. Kiva looked down at her subjects who watched her with eager eyes. "............." Jewl cleared her throat and swam in front of the queen quickly addressing the clan. "The young queen is taking her departure. Though the journey is nerve racking we must be reminded that this is a hopeful endeavour. Our queen will hold council with the rulers of the sun clan, and will represent her people with grace, wisdom, and beauty. The gracious queen has not forgotten about you. She will be leaving princess behind to ensure your well being, and has left you in the hands of capable guards to keep you safe. As the queen makes her journey, do not let her name be in vain. Continue your duties with pride, and be sure to give our queen a welcomed return." As Jewl finished her speech the clan erupted in a chant wish longevity to the Queen KIva. Long live Queen Kiva

Queen Kiva
mood: Embarrassed
AncientBird AncientBird Skipper Skipper

The guards bowed their head in greeting as Oxryin came into view. The turtle seemed a little confused but before he could find an excuse the horn announced the queen’s arrival. The guards moved to the side bowing low and making no eye contact with Kiva, and stayed bowed until she passed. Kiva wasn't exactly to sure what was going on as she swimmed towards the cave entrance she was about to swim down when she saw the entire clan was waiting for her. 'Oh right' She stared at her subjects and they stared back at her. she had no clue what she was suppose to say. "um..." Jewl then stepped in front of her giving a speech to reassure then clan about her upcoming journey. Jewl led her back to the guards giving her a smile. She was then greeted by Malu who gave her words of encouragement "You were perfect my queen, your subjects adore you." Kiva let out a sigh, 'but I haven't even done anything'. The dolphins shifted into their animal form and the squid and eels moved there weapons to be more accessible. "Are you coming as well?" Kiva asked Malu but then lowered her head in embarrassment. 'i'm the queen I should know who is coming along. I should have been able to plan this whole thing, they must all think i'm pathetic.'

Malu shook her head no as she replied "I will be overseeing the preparation for your return Jewl will be going with you though." Malu left the queen’s side and walked over to the prince. “Queen Kiva would not have been able to swim the journey, you should thank Jewl for covering your thoughtlessness.” Malu did not mean to come off as rude, she was the nicer off the two but both could be a little blunt when it came to the queen. Of course it wasn’t real Oxryin’s fault. The queen was young and defenseless yes, but no one knew much about her.

Kiva turned to Jewl for reassurance. "How long is the swim?"

"You won't be swimming young queen." The turtle took that as his cue and shifted into his animal and approached the two. "The journey is long and well I thought it be best."
"Oh, oh...." Kiva understood, she would slow everyone down, and was probably too young and weak to swim such a distance. Jewl helped her up on the turtle's back and the party headed on there way. The dolphins sped ahead and the other kept a respectable distance but stayed close. It would only be appropriate for the prince to swim by her side if she chose to. Kiva recognized the prince after a couple of glances. They had never actually met before she just knew who Oxyrin was. 'Should I say hi? Would I just make her uncomfortable, did I make everyone uncomfortable?'

Last edited:
Leo
Apologetic
Maddie15 Maddie15

Leo rose from his bow raising his brow in curiosity before giving sheepish grin as he rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. "I was racing." He said truthfully as he swam over to the basket and gathered up the fruit. He gave a side glance at Blue who had abbondon his older brother. "Well I was gathering the finale dishes for the royal meeting, and then I was racing..." He swam back over the princess picking up a piece of fruit by her tail and rising up slowly to meet her eye line. "and now..." He let his words trail off as he looked into her eyes then gave a playful smile before backing up. "I let my competitive spirit get the best of me. The other workers and I were perhaps too overzealous about setting the table"

Last edited:
Talori overheard the conversation and glided over slowly through the water with an eyebrow raised. She glanced at where Leo had looked and swiftly swam over to Blue, crossing her arms as she hovered in front of him. Talori gave him a stern look before pulling Blue over to Ariadne and Leo. She gave both of them a look of slight disappointment. "You two should not be sprimming [sprint-swimming], anyway," she said, not even waiting for them to bow. "Now, which one of you was supposed to fetch the final dishes?"

Dumplingboy Dumplingboy Maddie15 Maddie15

Mellownis
Mood: Flustered

Mellownis was not so secretly thankful the other had resisted her pleads to go on alone, though as they went on she found herself drifting behind the much stronger shifter. Trying her best to close the gap, that was until Oxyrin came back closer of her own accord. "sorry" she let out with once again an awkward chuckle, hands held at her front clasped together as they went forwards.

It wasn't long till they began to see other workers around them, and their journey to the caverns was then swiftly interrupted by none other than the Queens caretaker. Mei tensed as Malu approached, ducking more so behind the prince once more, at least until properly addressed, stiffening up with hands by sides and nodding, "O-Of course." she stuttered in a nervous tone. her? Speak to the princess!?

She knew the princess was known for her kindness, and fondness of the little ones. But it didn't make the task any less daunting to be honest, as she was about to turn to swim away the Prince again addressed her. And for a moment she was tempted to take up the option of finding someone else- but then remembered the fact that well.... no one would really talk to her except Atalanta who was who-knows-where.

Giving yet another nod she slowly began to swim off from the pair, and the brief field of safety she had felt, though she knew better than to burden the prince for too long with her presence, after all, she had more important things to do than babysit some wussy shifter like herself. Letting out a sigh she lightly slapped her cheeks to reaffirm herself, 'right.' she thought, 'this is no time to get all down on yourself, I gotta do as they said, just uh- focus on that.' she continued on in her head, it was a bit of a swim until she found the princess, but she'd often gone past this area herself and spotted the royal lady with the younglings.... Sometimes, she'd stay and watch a while, quietly from behind the rocks. It made her smile to see those young fry look up to her with such warm expressions.

Nervously making her way forwards, trying to her best to hide the injury on her lower half she gave a small smile and coughed to clear her throat. Feeling bad for interrupting the other as she twirled around with the young octopus shifter so freely. "I-I'm so sorry to interrupt y-your royal... ness? I uh, was told to inform you the queen is making her leave." Mei spoke in a quiet tone, eyes avoiding contact with the other and flickering about. She found herself biting her lip lightly after speaking, almost too hard as the sudden sound of the shell horn startled her.

Swimming backwards in shock she half bumped into, half fell over none other than the princess, wincing at the sudden movement on her injured fins. But more focused on what she'd just done, swimming forwards quickly she bowed quickly in apology, face bright red, "I-I'm sorry! I-It was an accident!" she let out in a trembling voice.

eyyliner eyyliner Skipper Skipper Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

Last edited:
Leo/Blue
Guilty/mischievous
Maddie15 Maddie15 StarWarsGeekGirl StarWarsGeekGirl

Blue cursed under his breath as he was caught as well, and by the Queen of all folks. Leo straighten up when Talori spoke. The princess was one thing, respected yes but she was so much easier to talk to. Well neither Blue nor Leo has talked to Ariadne but she was suppose to be the approachable one.

“I was” “I was”
“He was”
“He was”
“We both were queen” Leo being the eldest, and the loudest tried to take charge of the situation. “It was our mistake, the festivities have excited us. We were caught up in zeal and it sparked a race..”
“You call that a race?” Leo thrusted Blue’s head down into a bow keeping a firm grip on his neck as he willed his younger brother to shut up. “Please forgive us” Leo pleaded as he joins his brother in a bow.

Last edited:
Atalanta

Interactions: Galarn Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mentions: Mellownis Cosmos Cosmos

Atalanta was still admiring her crown when something soft brushed up against her. It was oddly comforting so she didn’t startle her, she turned to see the source of the sensation to see Galarn behind her. She jumped and her tentacles flashed with their bright blue rings, they quickly faded to a more dull blue but they didn’t completely vanish. Her face was slightly flush as the guard complimented her. Why?! Why does he have to be so hunky?!

“Heeeey...” her voice was high pitch and trailed as though the word didn’t want to leave her mouth. “So I know you have to round everyone up but I was thinking maaaybe you could let me slide this once.” She shrugged and giggled a bit “I mean if I stay in my octopus form no one will mess with me and I could keep an eye out for trespassers. I don’t know though, you’re obviously the guard so it’s your call.” She said as her eyes trailed to his abs. Atalanta cleared her throat and turned to look back at the chest with the shiny gold. I can’t believe he said my name! I gotta keep myself together I can’t act like this every time I interact with a guard. She adjusted her crown to make it more centered. It was little things like that that really helped her regain her sense of control when she was flustered. Her blue rings were almost completely faded now.

“I’m glad you like my crown, I’ll go back if I really have to.” Right after her weak attempt at flirting the horn sounded for them to see the queen off. “We gotta go!” Atalanta said as she rushed back to the caverns. She had lost sight of Galarn on the way back much to her disappointment. Part of her hoped they’d speak again soon, it wasn’t often she got attention from a cute guard.

Right now was not time to be worried about a guy though. She was more worried to see the queen leave, even though she got into trouble she really did love Queen Kiva. She wasn’t nearly as cruel as Queen Esther had been and Atalanta had a much happier life living under the younger queen. She would carry on her work and try to focus on regular life but something about the queen not being there would drive Atalanta crazy till she came back home.

After the queen left Atalana decided it was probably time to do some real work and catch some fish, but first she wanted to hunt down Mellownis and tell her about her brief interaction with one of the guards. I doubt he’ll speak to me again for a while, the guards are always so busy! She reached up and touched her crown sighing. He said my crown is pretty! I swear I’m never taking this thing off!

Last edited:
Ariadne almost smirked when Talori brought over a 'companion'. 'So he was the one hiding' she thought amused.
He and Leo seemed to freeze when the Queen requested information.
The blue eyed mermaid rose an eyebrow at their responds and shared a look with Talori while they were in a bow. She winked softly to her and turned her glance back at them. She cleared her throat and took a very straight posture.
'Now, you should realise that's not safe for others..... We wouldn't want to see someone getting hurt, would we?' she said darkly, slowly and strictly. It's different from the voice she usually uses with others. If you would took a look at her face you could see her eyes almost shine in contrast with her grim expression.
She crouched a little so she'll be at their bow level as she continued.
'It would be such a shame if even you guys would get hurt.... Right?'
She sat straight up again and like a 180° change she let out a happy and child-like giggle.
'So please, next time, be more careful,okay? We don't want to have out merpeople getting injured. So please behave yourself!'
She just put a hand over her mouth chuckling with a angelic smile on her face. Completely like nothing ever happened.
'I hope I didn't scared you or something~~ But i don't want anyone to get hurt~~' she explained with a worry expression.
Realising she's running late behind she bowed slightly at the Queen, turned around and continued her way.
'I hope you'll have a great day! Do your best ~~' she called in the back as she was leaving. She stopped for a second 'Oh, and thank you!' said that softly and resumed swimming.
'Well that was fun indeed' she mentally laughed. She just hoped she didn't scared them....too much.
Now she really has to hurry.
Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

Pelag joined the other guards to prepare themselves for the march and the departure of the queen. This was new to him as he never accompany a march this large on important matter, however Pelag is a fast learner, he would be able to mimic what other guards do and get away with it.

Then came Oxyrin, the prince, the leader of the guards. As she swam by to check them, Pelag saluted to her just as he always did at her presence. They used to commune a few time and while the prince was indeed a powerful and harsh mermaid, she was at least more open minded, calculated and not as violent as some other guards would be, which to Pelag’s eyes sound like a competent feature a good leader needs.

The queen soon arrived. Jewl would accompany her on this trip while the young queen would take a ride on one of the merman with sea turtle form, possibly to allow her to travel faster due to her age.

As the march began, Pelag transformed... The great temnodon replaced his merman body. The temnodon is an ancient kind of beast that possibly has lived this ocean for longer than most known sea creatures. It’s a mighty deep sea predator that rule the darkness with its acute eye sight and sharp blade-liked teeth. Pelag was a few merfolks in history that was blessed to harness its power through his transformation...

His tail fluke swung left right as he swam through the water. Being a heavy hitter, he stayed at the back of the march with the orcas and sharks, readied himself in case any danger came in their way.

Featuring: Dumplingboy Dumplingboy Skipper Skipper

[class name=container] margin: auto; height: 250px; width: 400px; [/class] [class name=containercont] height: 240px; width: 390px; [/class] [class name=chapterpic] background:URL(https://i.imgur.com/6Ac0NrS.jpg?1); float: left; height: 240px; width: 190px; background-size: cover; [/class] [class name=scroll] float: right; height: 240px; width: 190px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: 5px; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] height: 98%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; [/class] [class name=text] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size: 18px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #b7c7d4; [/class] [class name=codetag] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containercont"][div class="chapterpic"][/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"][div class="title"]Takari[/div][div class="header3"]Mood: Mischievous Status: Avoiding Work [/div]

[div class="text"]Takari smiled to himself as he felt the sun kiss his face. It was warm against his cheeks and the feeling was fantastic. He was lounging in his favorite spot, atop a little scraggle of rock that had a flat place big enough for him to stretch his fins. He was supposed to be helping the other guards attend to the animals but with the impending meeting today, Takari felt that there would be too much time with official duties and didn't want to miss out on some prime sun action. It was, after all, his favorite pastime.

If he was being honest, though, he did feel a little guilty leaving the others to take on his workload but it wasn't that hard to make sure everything was going according to schedule. He almost wished he would have been assigned to guard the Royals, at least he would feel more important with those duties. He wasn't surprised, though, that he wasn't considered for it since he was still younger than most of the guards. His history of goofing off didn't help his case either. A chuckle escaped his lips at that last thought. Here he was avoiding the work he was assigned while dreaming of doing more work.

With a sigh, Takari decided he should probably head back and make sure no one was looking for him. He would hate to get into real trouble before the meeting commenced. He could handle a little chastising today since he knew he shouldn't be slacking but he couldn't help himself when the sun was so bright and calming. Quickly, he swam his way back home. He saw Gan ahead of him leaving the Orcas with the rest of the guard and was happy to see that nothing had started quite yet and he slipped back into the folds, pretending like he had been there the whole time.

The other guards were buzzing with hushed whispers about their anticipation and Takari joined them momentarily as he passed the pod of orcas that had just been brought in. He knew that not everyone had as soft of feelings for the Moon clan as he did, and of course he couldn't blame them, but nevertheless. This was supposed to be a good thing, right? Takari cracked a gleaming smile as he watched a calf play around it's mother before he headed inside to catch up with Gan. He knew he was already going to get in trouble for slacking off today but the sun time he got was almost worth it, he just definitely wasn't in the mood to get yelled at. When he arrived it looked like Gan was giving Kahei something and by the looks of their expressions it seemed pretty important.

interactions: open
mentions: Dumplingboy Dumplingboy [/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class="codetag"]coded by ukiiyo[/div]

Last edited:
Talori smirked slightly with a sparkle in her eyes as Ariadne spoke to Blue and Leo. "Both of you can go get them. But instead of racing, how about you have a little chat with each other while you swim back?" The suggestion was strange. She motioned for them to stop bowing. "Please don't do that again. As the princess said, we don't want anyone to get hurt. Okay?" Talori smiled kindly at the two.
Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

Leo/Blue
Playful/playful

The brothers faces paled when they heard the princess tone switch but then they realized she was teasing them more than anything. Leo lifted his head up and watched her swim away and rolled his eyes at his brother who gave him kissy faces. They turned their attention back to the queen and nodded in agreement to her words. "It would be a delight your majesty" The brothers swam besides the queen carrying the final dishes for the meeting. life was so comforting in the sun clan that even in the presence of royalty they indulge themselves in conversation.
"You like her..."
"Like who?" Blue gave him that knowing look which made Leo laugh in response.
"Get out of here."
"Leo and the princess sitting on a shell, will they mate? only time will tell...ow!" Blue teased his brother singing a little tune before getting smacked on the back of the head.
"Do you think the Queen is nervous?” Blue asked the conversation shifting to a more serious tone. “Yeah probably, but I’m sure the king will be more level headed” blue rolled his eyes at the idea. “The marriage is such a sham, has he even tried to get to know the queen?” Leo let out a sigh, the two finally reached the throne room and finished setting up the table. “Well it’s an arranged marriage, things like that take time, the king is reclusive anyway.”
“Well they could at least pretend to try, we are going to need an heir and neither one of them have a niece or nephew” Leo shrugged his shoulders but agreed with his brother.

Last edited:
Kohei
Mood: Determined || Interacting With: Gan || Mentioned: Talori, Ariadne

Kohei was surprised when both the queen and the princess smiled in his direction. He bowed as the two went their separate ways, leaving the hall quiet once more. A few minutes passed in relative silence. His guard mate had just started humming under her breath when he noticed the head of blue hair heading in their direction.

Kohei couldn’t help but to straighten his spine when he caught sight of Gan approaching him. He bowed his head as she neared, hands holding his spear loosely in his hands. When she spoke, he nodded his head. It was a great honor for any guard and he was happy for her, knowing how much she was respected amongst their people. However, as soon as she spoke of him fulfilling her duties in her place, he lifted his gaze in surprise.

He was even further surprised when the purity charm was presented to him. He sent her a wary look before he reached out, grasping the multi-colored shell in his hands.

I… I must thank you for this.” He spoke, cradling the charm as he inclined his head. “This is an honor I won’t take lightly.”

_________________________________________​

Suri
Mood: Curious || Interacting with: Mellownis

Suri had just drifted away from the youngling when a soft voice caught her attention. She turned her head, a smile still lingering on her lips. Her expression fell when she noticed who had addressed her. She knew of the young mer that her clan had shunned and how she had sadly fallen into seclusion. It left her unsure on how to interact with someone who seemed so set on punishing themselves.

She nodded her head at her, smile once more returning to her face. “Thank you for informing me. It’s appreciated.” She made a move to swim whenever the young mer before her startled, darting into her side. The two tumbled in the water for a second. Silence fell amongst the younglings and their guardians alike, several pairs of eyes now locked on the two.

It took Suri a moment to get her bearings. Straightening up, she sighed as she glanced down at the trembling mer. She reached out to the poor thing, touching her shoulder. “I’m not harmed. However…” She inhaled, glancing down at her fins with a knowing glance. “It appears you are. Stay with the younglings until I return. Then, I can see you’re attended to by a healer.”

Nodding her head, Suri half-circled the mer with a smile. “Have fun, young ones, while I'm gone!” She chirped to the younglings who returned her chirp with some of their own. Laughing to herself, Suri turned and swam in the direction the shell had blown, knowing she needed to be with the queen before she departed.

Ariadne started checking the table as soon as she entered the throne room. She scanned the papers in her hands ticking the chores as they are done.
She smiled to herself and hugged the papers at her chest happily. Everything is alright here, so she can finally relax a little. The workers seem to be doing just alright and there are not any problems.
She slightly smirked as she remembered the earlier conversation. She kind of scared them, right? She chucked at the memory. The blond mermaid saw them finishing setting the table and overheard their conversation. She almost forgot that the king and the Queen have an arranged marriage. And they never really spoke to each other.
She stopped in her track looking at a wall seeming to admire the design. She wasn't admiring it, more likely thinking about the Queen situation. It's true that an arranged marriage most of the times is loveless and that's just sad. She hopes that Talori is not too bothered by that. 'Love' is such a strange concept for Ariadne, the only true love she ever felt was in fact from her family and she wasn't crazy for such a feeling either. Even though she would probably never admit it, sometimes, just sometimes, she might think how it would feel to actually to have something else than just platonic love. She broke up from the trance and lightly slapped her cheeks.
'Don't think about useless things, stop it, stop it, focuse!' she told herself in a whisper.
Calming down, she looked around again sighing in relieve. She circled the room once again with an unsettling feeling in her heart. Now that everything is done, they just have to wait and hope for the best.
She couldn't help but wondered how everything is going to go.
Mentioning : Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

Last edited:
425D35CF-CC0A-4939-9997-76BC7915932A.jpeg
galarn
interactions/mentions: Skipper Skipper Dumplingboy Dumplingboy Lilliana2 Lilliana2 Cosmos Cosmos
Galarn giggled a little at Atalanta reaction “weeellll.... I don’t think that’s such a good idea you could get hurt” he replied cheerful taking not that the worker had taken a interest in his abs, he couldn’t blame her though. “Yeah I think it really suits you” he responded to her comment on the crown before hearing the horn blow as well the both of them rushing off to there respective positions to watch the queen leave... this was disappointing for both side of galarn one side because he would have assumed he’d have been assigned to protect the princess and the other because it meant he would unable to find the time to speak to the prince... then again he was also incredibly slow in comparison to the other guards with there shark and other large predatory forms.. his after-all was a anemone.

With the queen gone that left galarn with little to do aside form standard duties thusly his last orders where to round up the workers... of course that was no longer needed, but with all the guards likly returning to the assigned patrols galarn more cold hearted side had decided someone would need to check on the workers..
especially Mellownis now that took would have free reign, his other side agreeing as to that part of him it was a grand excuse to go Atalanta again, besides the two workers would, normal be seen together anyway so it was a win win situation.

It wasn’t actually that hard to catch up Atalanta though galarn managing to pick her out form the onlooking crowd thanks to her cute little crown. Once again he “greeted” her by his tentacle covered tail bursting up against her the spinning in view infront of her “heeey again you doing good with the queen going and all? Though I’d check in with you just in case I mean what’s the use of a guard if they don’t keep everyone safe and also feeling safe right?” He said cheerfully some of his tentacles wrapping themselves slightly around atalanta.

Gan
unreadable
Throne room
Maddie15 Maddie15

"Deep in thought princess?" Gan appeared behind her making a silent approach. Her face seeming uninterested in her response, but she always seemed uninterested. Gan was one of the few elders the clan had left, it was joked that she was infected by the dark magic because even it knew to leave her alone. Despite her rank as a guard she was still intimidating and it was wise to not anger her.

Miko
serious
near the caves
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Lilliana2 Lilliana2

Miko watched as the queen went out of view and hitched his shell back to his side, he was still in training but the prince had allowed him to do this task. It wasn't much but he was honored to be trusted with any type of responsibility. Now that both the prince and the queen was gone he figured he might as well head to the reefs and get to work. That plan went out the window when he spotted Garlan swimming along side a another shifter. Miko was well behaved but he was still young, and he could not quiet is instinctual nature quite yet. He shifted into a barracuda and started to stalk the two. Just before he could be noticed he shifted back into a mermaid and tackled Garlan before letting out a scream in pain as he was stung repeatedly. "Gotchaaaaaaaaaaah aaaaah ahh ahhh ow ow ow!" He rolled through the sand and started to lick his arms as the pain went away.

Last edited:
Atalanta

Interactions: Galarn Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Mellownis Cosmos Cosmos Miko Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

Atalanta was looking for Mellownis when she felt something soft brushing up against her again There’s no way that’s Galarn again she thought right before he came into view. Her rings pulsed bright blue again as he twirled in front of her “Heeeeey”she greeted him with the long high pitched hey again This is our thing now. No other guard will get my long heys, only hello and hi. Hey is only for my soulmate who has clearly claimed me. she twirled the tip of one of her tentacles. “I’m ok, the queen being away definitely worries me just a little bit but I think I feel better having you, a guard, around.” She joke a bit “I’m actually trying to find Mellownis I have to show her my new crown.” And she had to show her that a cute guard was giving her some kind of attention.

She swam towards the entrance of the caverns having a guard escort her made her feel practically like royalty. Maybe that’s why she really liked guards, it made her feel powerful having one with her. They didn’t have to swim for long when Mellownis came into view. Atalanta gave her a wave when something suddenly tackled Galarn. Her rings flashed as she quickly swam over to Mellownis “Did you see what got him?! Oh my god we’re under attack.” Her heart was beating out of her check when she finally realized it was just Miko. She groaned when she realized it was just him being playful. “He got was he deserved.” She whispered to Mellownis, not feeling particularly bad about the stinging they’d received. “Where have you been?” She asked her friend grinning “Check out my new crown! And the hunky guard I snagged.” She whispered the last part blushing and giving Mellownis a few sneaky eyebrow raises.

Ariadne shifted her glance a little harshly at the sudden voice. She wasn't scared, but it was just the surprise. She relaxed as she saw Gan behind her. She put on a smile and chuckled dryly.
'I do look deep in thoughts, right? I mean, it's not something too important or bad, just..... my own moment of contemplating i guess?' she said unsure of how to voice out the answer.
She looked around the room looking like she was searching for something or someone but came back to met the guard' s eyes.
'What about you? How have you been? How do you feel to be back?' she said with a polite smile and a serious expression.
Gan was one of the remained elders of the Clan and Ariadne respected her for her personality. She could almost relate to her, but she can't show her unapproachable nature that easily. Ariadne could see that the guard truly wasn't mean or anything, so she didn't felt threaten at all.
Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

Gan
Bored
Maddie15 Maddie15

Gan gave a side eye glance at the princess. She wasn't a big fan of questions. That was well known, but her patience was hard to break. "The waters are warmer here, I think I prefer the cold." She gave a rather monotone response but it was accompanied by a soft smile. Gan did not smile much, but she enjoyed the princess. She wasn't as loud as the others. "Have the king and queen gotten along? When i left they still were not on speaking terms, hoped that has improved." Gan watched and Leo and Blue bicker as they swam back into the tunnels. 'Those fools....'

The blonde mermaid smiled at her commentary but quickly changed her face in a grimace at the subject of the Queen and King.
'I wouldn't say they did any progress at all. I don't even think the king even spoked to the queen at all, maybe one time but i doubt it. I spoke and interacted with more people than they ever did between them and that says a lot.' she explained as she sweatdropped at the realisation. She isn't a fan of interactions, but she conversed more than the queen and king between each other. The situation didn't improved at all for the past two months and in a short time it may rise concerns. They can just hope for the best. Maybe the king will at least try to talk to Talori for the sake of the Clan.
She heard Gan muttering while looking at the duo bickering.
'Such a strange duo. How can they even cooperate? Wait-' she mentally said but immediately stopped herself with a internal face palm. 'Who am i to talk while i have such a specimen in my life too?' Now that she thinks about it, what is that red-head doing? She didn't saw her all morning. She hopes that Atta isn't causing problems.
Dumplingboy Dumplingboy
AnnietheLam21 AnnietheLam21

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back