• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unaware as to whether the Wanderers' steward was seeking out a wine that met the request best, or indeed if he were even present, Otiorin took a hold of Bria and urgently but gently pulled her aside,

Changed it to that instead.

Captain Hesperus

@Sherwood Plz fix post?

Heya, folks?  Concerning Bren's possible class change, I have taken another look at the Pathfinder Paladin (the last time I think I did so was years ago when we first started Sharseya Online).  I'm going to make a few minor changes to the class.  At this time, I'm looking at two.

1. Paladins (like Fighters) are proficient in the use of tower shields (that's been Shop Talk under a House Rule).

2. Instead of the Channel Energy ability, I (still) want Sharseyan Paladins to emit a constant Protection from Evil, 10 foot radius spell around them (think 1st Edition D&D).

3. There's a third tweak I was considering, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up.  

Hope you guys are getting ready for the RpN 2.0 to RpN 3.0 update!  =)

Hmm.  Not sure what you need to have me fix.  I might just be slow today; it happens, but can you give me some direction as to which post and what is wrong?  I'll tweak it ASAP; I just don't want to make a new mistake while trying to fix a old one, right?

To Sherwood, re: my post here in Adventurers' Table last Tuesday.

Sherwood sez, "Luna can't help but look up at Otiorin and let out a "Aww! How sweet! Girl, you had best give him a hug and a kiss after that!"

Luna's thoughts are very nice, but Cap'n wrote, "...Otiorin took a hold of Bria and urgently but gently pulled her aside, away from the others. Once he'd gotten them some space, he turned to regard her face." (bold mine)

This tells me that no one but Otiorin and Bria witnessed what Otiorin had said to Bria.  The only thing Luna (and anyone else) would have noticed was Otiorin "urgently but gently" pulling her aside away from the others.  

Unless I missed something (do correct me if I have)?  If I haven't, then Sherwood?  Would you alter your post to that effect, please?

@Sherwood  Could you please stop having Luna respond to conversations she isn't part of?  Bren, Shalin, and Melshaef went over to the far side of the pool room specifically so as not to be overheard.  I guess I should have had Bren lead them behind closed doors, but really I thought that being on the far side of this big room would be far enough to avoid eavesdroppers.

@Sherwood  Could you please stop having Luna respond to conversations she isn't part of?  Bren, Shalin, and Melshaef went over to the far side of the pool room specifically so as not to be overheard.  I guess I should have had Bren lead them behind closed doors, but really I thought that being on the far side of this big room would be far enough to avoid eavesdroppers.

I am sorry; I thought that this was a general post, not one made in private. 

Cap'n sez, "Otiorin took a hold of Bria and urgently but gently pulled her aside, away from the others. Once he'd gotten them some space, he turned to regard her face."  (bold mine)

Kaerri sez, "Bren glanced around, but everyone else seemed to be settling in or in private conversations of their own.  It did seem a good time to talk, and so he walked over to the far corner where Shalin and Melshaef waited." (bold mine)

@Sherwood Would you please fix your last two in-game posts regarding Luna?  I'll be able to post once this is done.  If you need help, just send me a Conversation with the details and I'll lend a hand.

The first in game post that you mentioned that needed fixing left me confused as to what was wrong.  Until now, I was not aware that the others were out of earshot of Luna.  The second is already fixed.

Until now, I was not aware that the others were out of earshot of Luna.

Hmm!  Maybe more attention is being paid to the "spoken" words (those in quotes) than the player-character's actions?  Maybe something at home is causing a distraction (pets!)?  I don't know what to tell you, bud, except thanks for the fixes.  =)

Folks, I'm out of time for the night.  I'll try to post something tomorrow (or at least before the site goes down for...  RpN 3.0!).   =)

Okies.  I posted on Broadsword, but I'm too brain-dead to two big posts tonight (and this next post can't actually be small given all that's going on with Luna, Oti & Bria, and Bren & Shalin & Melshaef).  I'll try again tomorrow!  

Until next, be well!  =)

Note to all after you've caught up in-game.  =)

I really wanted to add a scene with Nivirea in this last post, but with Otiorin whisking Bria away, there went my opportunity (not that I'm blaming anyone here.  To paraphrase Mamapaw, "Roleplay as your soul requires!"  =)  ).  

I just hope we don't get so sidetracked as to remember the goal we set here - Nivirea getting to know the Wayward Wanderers.  =)

Well it's hardly been ten minutes since we teleported back to the wagons, so I'll rein in my inner primadonna... for now *woof*

Hah, that reminds of me of a song that a certain someone once dedicated to me, half-jokingly (though it really isn't a compliment lol)

Oh and by the way, I don't think that's the first time Luna has come face to face with a party killer! :P  

Anyone remember this?

doZAeyY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we to roleplay as Luna and Nivirea check out each of the rooms, or do we just continue some time later with the assumption that Nivirea is now familiar with the general details of the Adventurer's Wagon?

That depends.  How do you want to go about it?  Sharseya is a sandbox RPG after all.  If I can accommodate you, I will.   =)

Well, I'd like to hear what others think since interaction between Nivirea and other characters is one of the main objectives right now. So there's two possibilities:

1) Go room-to-room, which allows for RP opportunities with whomever of the others characters/NPCs happens to be in those rooms as they are visited

2) Skip ahead to Luna finally leaving Nivirea in her assigned bedroom where another player can visit her (I know that Bren at least has expressed such intentions clearly so it would make sense that he'd look her up after hearing that she's all settled in) OR skip ahead to Nivirea leaving the bedroom on her own and heading off to wander now that she knows the layout of the place, and then start bumping into people.

Second method would mean that I'd have to hold off posting for a while until everyone else has had the chance to do stuff, otherwise I'd be out of time sync with them and that could lead to a time paradox... *woof*

edit: that said, it's probably most practical to go with option number one, if Sherwood agrees lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind option 1, although it could potentially interfere with Oti/Bria canoodling time...

Captain Hesperus

O.K.  Let me tackle this point-by-point:

1. Time Paradox!  How cool was that?!  I haven't played the Metal Gear series (not really my playstyle), but I like how they did that!

2. Option #1.  To go room to room is definitely the most time-consuming option (in terms of Real Life) as each of the many rooms is individually described (by me).  Doing so has the benefit of fleshing out the Adventurers' Wagon ti those who call it "home" (for example, what do your rooms look like?  How did Wolf and Pecker leave their room?  The Meadowsweets will only go so far when it comes to taking care of this wagon, you know).  However, I'm betting this tour will take up at least a week or two of in-game posting... (if I'm reading Wolf's idea right?).

2a. What does"canoodling" mean?  Ah!  Thanks, Google!  Option #1 will not include Bria's room if she has anything to say about it (seriously.  Insert Bria hanging up a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign here).  That all depends on how Oti answers, though.  So far, he's said, "I want you."  She's replied, "Here I am; I want you too; are you all right with how I want you (heart-bonded)?"  And I think the two of us (Bria and I) are waiting on a reply from Oti.

3. Option #2.  O.K.  I don't mean this harshly.  =)  I have to point out that Luna is not in charge of the wagon; Brendoran is.  If anyone is going to be giving Nivirea a room, wouldn't it be the leader of your team?  Plus, at this point in their relationship, why would anyone be giving Nivirea an assigned room?  Isn't she but a temporary guest?  Last I checked (and do correct me if I'm wrong, please!), Nivi wasn't even considered a Wayward Wanderer yet (Wolf!  I'm still wanting to type "Wayfaring!"  Thanks for the reminder a while back!).  

Shouldn't the team have a conversation about whether they want her in the party long-term?  It's a big decision, if only because of the dividing of future loot.  =)

Now, take these next words gently; I am not pointing fingers.  =)  As your DM, I understand that Nivirea is a Player-Character (hence the desire to automatically give her a room and treat her like a party member despite none of your characters knowing her motives, goals, or even her background beyond the introductory stage).  Unless I'm missing something?

This is the reason that Nivirea is being introduced to the other PCs and not the NPCs (notice Luna, in her offer to give Nivirea the tour, has not introduced the Meadowsweets or Havoc to Nivirea; if, somehow, they were PCs, this would have already taken place).  I'm just pointing it out; this is just a thing many PCs do (move a new Player-Character in to keep the game going smoothly).

4. There is a third option.  Say that Luna gives Nivirea the "nickel tour" (the basic, quick tour of the wagon, minus any secrets like the three Killer Mimics...).  This involves all of the doors being closed and Luna basically indicating where each door leads.  Luna might knock on a door (Sherwood mentioned she liked the library; can't imagine why a wizard would like the library!  Hah!) and that could lead to some possible side RP.  

This also allows Wolf to continue RPing Nivirea without "fast-forwarding" time.  And...  say, at the end of the nickel tour, Luna and Nivirea could return to the Grand Pool and the Wayward Wanderers could have a chat with Nivirea about her future as a party member?  This would include Oti and Bria (cutting off their time together as duty calls; this assumes Oti says "yes" to Bria).  Just tossing this idea out there.

What do you think, folks?  Do you like any of these ideas or do you have an "Option #4" out there?  Keep in mind the big move back to xenForo is happening on the 25th!  Woo!  =)

Hmmm.  I hadn't considered the can of worms I was opening up when Luna agreed to give a tour of the Wagon!  Dann, you are absolutely on target that we have not yet added Nivirea into the Wanderers officially, and that it will be up to a group vote (that will most likely be a yes vote for all of us) to include her, and we only have a handful of rooms to dole out amongst players and NPCs.  I would suggest to the party that we have a quick tour of the Wagon, letting the conversation with Bren and the others go on until their talk is done, then we can have everyone join up and start the discussions on what we are going to be doing in the future, and if Nivirea would be willing to join us in our current path and if Bren and party want to add her to our ranks. 

Does that sound reasonable to all?

Sherwood, that's why you have me!  Heh!  Thanks for your thoughts given Nivirea having not joined the Wayward Wanderers yet.  =)

As for your idea, that sounds like Option #3.  Is it?  I think Bren is finished with his discussion with Shalin and Melshaef as the latter two just wanted to settle in and relax (I'll get to that in-game today).  Oh, and by the way, Luna and Sparkle are about to get some company if they don't mind it.  =)

Sorry I was not more specific; yes, I am saying I am in favor of Option 3, but my voice is hardly the only one of the party.

And for Luna and Sparkle, I am willing to entertain more company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back