• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning Shalin and Havoc's tale, if you'd like some tabletop details, open the spoiler below:

Here are a few facts about The Last Resort's battle with Gannog the Destroyer. Enjoy. =)
1. Jotunheim Giants have double the Hit Dice of their mortal counterparts. Gannog was a 20th level giant not counting his Barbarian levels. The party was about 15th level. This does not include his Barbarian powers and abilities. When Gannog raged, his hit points totalled over 300. Despite the party's buffs, the Jotunheim Barbarian could hit anyone in the party except for the paladin on a 3 or better on a d20.

2. Gannog possessed a Giant-sized Keen (double chance of critting) great axe +5 that, during the first round of combat, critically hit one of The Last Resort for 98 hit points of damage in a single hit. That character had 4 hit points left after that hit (the player just about had a heart attack). =)

3. The Last Resort had prepared and researched their opponent like never before and it paid off in the long run. Although it came close several times, no one in the party died. They also displayed the kind of teamwork that only comes with years of adventuring together (Real Life years). For example, Kaerri, fresh of health for the moment, took an attack of opportunity from Gannog so that their paladin could get back into the fight. That simple act might have saved the party from ruin and death.

4. The Last Resort came away with a stunning amount of treasure, so much in fact they could not haul it all away. Just getting to the treasure, looting it, and making away with it was something of a side adventure (some of the items were intelligent and were attempting to sway the party one way or another; the trap on the door to the treasure was DC 30 to inspect and DC 40 to attempt to disable; the trap turned out to be a Hellball custom spell that did 10d6 damage 4 times, each time with its own damaging element [yes, that's 40d6 damage if all 4 saves were failed]. Through good role-playing and using their heads, they found away around the trap).

5. After talking the party into fighting Gannog, with many utterances of confidence and battle ideas, their paladin, Ragnar the Bold of Thor (NPC) declared his joyous delight and surprise, after the battle basically exclaiming, "We should not have been able to win that combat! Go team!" Surprised, the rest of the party wanted to send Ragnar back to Valhalla when he divulged that (O.K., not really, but close). =) Ohhh, those paladins. =)

I'd like to point out that neither of the PCs had any knowledge of #1 in that spoiler. *Kaerri-the-half-elf mock-glares at Ragnar*

I'd like to point out that neither of the PCs had any knowledge of #1 in that spoiler. *Kaerri-the-half-elf mock-glares at Ragnar*
Ha ha ha ha! Quite true! =) *Ragnar holds up his hands in mock-innocence.* =)

Depends. It can be either of your examples, or a wizard might find himself traveling from one master to the next. It really depends upon what kinds of resources (usually money and reputation) the wizard has. Luna, coming from a well-to-do family and having gone to the "Knowledge College" of Boccob, definitely went the "Hogwarts" way.
She was totally Hermione.

Captain Hesperus

You say that like it was a bad thing. Hermione was a great character.

I never implied she wasn't. My implication was that Luna was driven by success and an overachiever.

Captain Hesperus

So, if Luna is totally Hermoine, does that make Otiorin, Ron? *sends an owl with a Howler Otiorin's way from Oti's mother, chastising him in front of the whole wagon for not writing her.*

Hee hee. =)

So, if Luna is totally Hermoine, does that make Otiorin, Ron? *sends an owl with a Howler Otiorin's way from Oti's mother, chastising him in front of the whole wagon for not writing her.*

Hee hee. =)
The assumption there is that Otiorin would have even gone to a school. More likely he'd have skipped out and been off chasing pretty girls in Hogsmead.

Captain Hesperus

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

I should have explained this in my last post; Wolf, sorry I have not yet posted the Meadowsweet's and Shalin's reaction to Nivirea's introduction. Same goes for Bria's response to Oti.

My hyperkinectivity has messed with my sleep recently (I'm slogging through another migraine as I type this). Plus, I became "locked on" to Luna's question concerning Shalin and Havoc.

I have Nivi and Oti's "scenes" still in my head; I've just yet to type them out. I hope to do so soon.

Until then, I hope the two of you are having a really good day across the pond! =)

My migraine left me yesterday in the late afternoon. Thanks, you guys, if you were hoping it would go soon! =)Once I was home, I slept for about 12 whole hours (maybe 13?). I really needed it.

Now I think it's time I post some more. Thanks for your patience! =)

f6b6732bca26bed43aaf2250f73841dea37d9bd597e030bf518a9e78efb92263.jpg

After Nivi replies, I'll get to Oti & Bria's scene together. =)

I will definitely toss in a reply before I resign for the night, but not just now. In, say, a couple hours at the latest *woof*

Where is our map of the interior of the Wagon? I am wanting to refresh my memory on the layout.

It's under "Books on the Shelf" (second post). Unfortunately, the picture didn't make it (and that first post is a terrible mess and I've already got enough on my plate to fix it).

I've noticed that the pictures I've saved to my own computer made it to RpN 3.0 here. In the future, I guess I'll be saving every picture instead of just some.

Sherwood Sherwood

Here's a copy of the original (which is the same as the one Dannigan has, except the theme is gray instead of gold).

That said, as I am looking to improve the map I would appreciate if everyone could let me know their room numbers, please.

WgHtCE2.jpg

Thanks for the repost of the map. Luna can lay claim to Bedroom #1.

Well, this is the beauty of having this conversation in OOC; you can divide up the rooms as you please and we can work it out in-character. =)

I think we did this before already, but never wrote anything down. Thus I can't remember which room was Wolf's... But let's say it was #3 because that's my favorite number, so I probably picked that the first time around, too. So far we got:

1. Luna
  2. ?
  3. Wolf (despite his absence)
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. ?
  • Master Bedroom - Our Glorious Leader, Bren Sarabina, who is a perfect incarnation of the appearance that a leader should have

Master Bedroom - Our Glorious Leader, Bren Sarabina, who is a perfect incarnation of the appearance that a leader should have
This is Nivirea's player hoping his character gets a nice room and not have to sleep on top of the wagon, right? Ha ha! =)

Heya folks!

Do you want to roleplay the tour of would you rather fast-forward to the next scene?

Oohing and aahing as we go from room to room does little for me. I vote to move onwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back