• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how fast is "as quick as possible" versus "current pace" though? Was that the offer of rewind forward until we are there?

Assuming "rewind forward" means something retroactive, then no.  =)  "As quick as possible" literally means as quickly as I practically can (this depends on player posts.  I mean showing up at Highwind's gates within a Real Life week or so).

Well even at our best pace, getting that far within a real week could never happen, lol. I am reminded of that every single time you post the time/date/location, seeing the "days to highwind counter" and thinking: Omg... We're still on day X???

:P  

I'm happy to get to Highwind expediently, but not at the cost of getting to know Nivi.

Captain Hesperus

Actually, it could.  I can make things like that happen in ways that would make sense with your party and the overall story.  Here is just one way it could happen and I'm going to have a little fun here and use facts your characters have already learned in-game.  

You have Shalin, the Silent Sorcerer with you, right?  Well, who is he?  He's Bren's very best friend (they have literally fought and died together).  Well, there's that spell called Gate, right?  Who has that?  Havoc the Vorgore. And who is Havoc?  Shalin's familiar.  So, if you guys really wanted, you could gather up and ask Shalin to ask Havoc to Gate you straight to Highwind, Adventurers' Wagon and all; the chances of Shalin saying "Yes" to Bren on such a matter are pretty high.  =)

That said, let's say instead you guys said, "Heck with it!  We want something totally new!  Let's go to Shamballah in Rhumia where the Kitty-faces are from!"  That's a much taller order given your situation, current friendlies, and resources.  You might have to go on an adventure just to get there (as opposed to being Gated).

But what I'm asking of course is - what do you want?  Where is the fun for each of you?  Once I know that, I can remain confident that the game and story are going at a pace that we are comfortable with.  More importantly, I am at a point where I need to create more story content for the game.  Who are the best people to ask about that?  You are.  =)

*In response to Cap'n's post which just appeared on my screen*  I think the Wayward Wanderers will get to know Nivi no matter what you do (unless you become separated from her, which I don't see happening).  So, have no fear of that.  =)

However (and this one goes to Wolf Rawrrr), do you want me to create a "hook" for Nivi?  Say, a special reason she would want to stay with the Wayward Wanderers, like a quest she wants done?  Something specific?  Or would you rather her hang back and keep going as you're going?

Wait, Havoc is Shalin's familiar? Ohhh... I thought they just knew each other, were friends, and that the sorcerer opened the Gate. Whoops... Now that you mention you, I do remember Havoc opening the Gate on both occasions, I just thought that Shalin could do that too, and completely missed the part where Havoc was a familiar... Hm. Familiar basically means like Sparkle and Pecker are to Luna and Wolf, or is this a more magic-related bond?

Sorry, when you said "current pace" I imagined trudging on posting for RL months per ingame day, as we've been doing.... lol. Not thinking too sharply here *woof*

Anyway my input would be that I want to get to Highwind as fast as possible, while also getting some RPing done. Specifically, I mean within the Adventurer's Wagon and its immediate surroundings. Nivirea is new and has yet to fall on her butt when she sees it, and she'll want to explore it, and in doing so "explore" each of the party members as she comes upon them throughout the place. She's a social creature, after all! I, at least, would enjoy some peaceful time to spend in the main party camp, you know, like in video games. Chat up party members, enjoy the atmosphere and the soundtrack playing in the background (need I remind you that both Nivirea & Luna can Sing, if not some others whose threads don't list Skills), and such. Reflect on things happened, make plans for the near future perhaps? Unwind a little bit, up to the amount of time equal to the common denominator that all of us feel like spending.

- and then I'd have us off to Highwind, as fast as possible! I do so yearn for a change of scenery and to see that legendary place that probably half the people here have played in before, but I've only heard whispers of *howl*

That's what I think (^^) *woof*

Familiar basically means like Sparkle and Pecker are to Luna and Wolf, or is this a more magic-related bond?

Not exactly.  Leonard and Pecker are Ranger and Animal Companion.  Luna and Sparkle are familiars (hence their telepathic bond).  =)

Sorry, when you said "current pace" I imagined trudging on posting for RL months per ingame day, as we've been doing.... lol. Not thinking too sharply here *woof*

I can relate.  I'm getting over being sick so I'm not up to 100% here.  Hopefully I will be by tomorrow morning.  =)

- and then I'd have us off to Highwind, as fast as possible! I do so yearn for a change of scenery and to see that legendary place that probably half the people here have played in before, but I've only heard whispers of *howl*

Thank you, Wolf (and the rest of you)!  This is precisely the kind of feedback I'm looking for.  =)

@Captain Hesperus @Kaerri @Wolf Rawrrr @Sherwood

O.K....  So it sounds to me like you guys would like to make getting to Highwind the priority.  

Just so we are all on the same page, does everyone want to follow Wolf's idea of just hanging out a bit and then taking the fast road to Highwind?

Please be specific so I know what to ready for.  =)

Wait, Havoc is Shalin's familiar? Ohhh... I thought they just knew each other, were friends, and that the sorcerer opened the Gate. Whoops... Now that you mention you, I do remember Havoc opening the Gate on both occasions, I just thought that Shalin could do that too, and completely missed the part where Havoc was a familiar... Hm. Familiar basically means like Sparkle and Pecker are to Luna and Wolf, or is this a more magic-related bond?

Sorry, Bren could'a been more specific on this.  Yeah, they have the familiar bond the way Sparkle and Luna do.  Havoc does the Gates, Shalin does the Teleports (Gate is the more powerful spell, as it can cross planes, not just travel to different points on this one).  For the most part, at least.

Just so we are all on the same page, does everyone want to follow Wolf's idea of just hanging out a bit and then taking the fast road to Highwind?

That sounds good to me.

Hey guys,

Bren has been considering a fairly drastic career change, and I thought it only fair to let you guys know since it could affect what the party does in the future.  What Little Cub said about paladins has actually got him thinking seriously about it for the first time (he's been thinking not-seriously about it for a long time), and Dannigan and I have been talking about how it would work and what it would mean, in character and out.  Short version: it could get the party involved in quests they might not otherwise have gone for, in this case pro-Mielikki or pro-forest since that's who he would be focusing his worship on.  (I understand there will be at least one at the start of this career shift, as a form of proving devotion, but Dann says your characters can come too if you wish.)  It might also get us attention from bad guys we hadn't planned on, possibly that we don't want (apparently uber-baddies seek out paladins to take out the way paladins seek out uber-baddies to take out).

I haven't made a final decision yet, and I'm still sorting through a lot of mechanics, but I wanted to let you all know first (and get your opinions, if you have any you want to share).

Dungeon Master here.  This is in part one of the reasons for my delays in posting here.  If Bren decides, he may go through something we have in Sharseya called "The Rite of Renunciation" (taken directly from the Rite of the same name from the exciting and creative Werewolf: The Apocalypse role-playing game).  In short, this rite allows a player-character to completely change the class of the character, reworking the character from the ground up as they completely forget their previous class (though not the experience) and continue the game as an entirely new class (or classes).  

The Rite of Renunciation is never done lightly (some PCs would definitely abuse it so they could try out "Flavor of the Month" classes which I am highly against).  The rite always involves a quest and is rarely done twice in one's lifetime (well, in a human's lifetime, anyway).  Bren's circumstances are long-standing and just about perfect for the intent behind my having this rite in the game.  

My only question is - if he decides to go through with it, is it a solo adventure or are the Wayward Wanderers going along to help him out?  The former option is tougher on me (as now I'm running two games with Broadsword being as wonderfully active as it is).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh.  I forgot to mention - regardless of what the party chooses concerning Bren, I recommend you take the next four steps in this order:

1. Relax in the Adventurers' Wagon and let the party get to know Nivirea and vice versa.

2. Take the fast track to Highwind.

3. Train for ninth level.

4. Then take on your next adventure together. =)

Your thoughts, friends?

Sounds good to me *woof*

Meaning that I support the four-step plan and Kaerri's wishes ^^

If that's where his heart pulls him, then Otiorin is hardly one to shoot him down.

Captain Hesperus

I realize that Nivirea hasn't previously encountered Havoc, so he'll command most of her attention (I still can't believe he fits inside the wagon...? lol), but is he imposing in such a way that the rest of the pool room cannot be observed? As in, is he right in front of the entrance blocking it? I am not sure if the door of the wagon leads directly into the pool room or if there was a tiny hallway/antechamber first.

I believe the doorway opens straight into the pool room. At least that was my understanding when we first encountered Bilal. 

Captain Hesperus 

Cap'n is correct.

Wolf, Havoc is beside the doorway; the view of the Grand Pool is largely clear.  The door you use to enter and exit the Adventurers' Wagon leads directly into the Grand Pool (using the map drawn a year ago by yourself with my direction).  See the spoiler in the second post of this link (here's hoping the rest of the information will right itself when we return to xenForo).  =)

Also, oh yes, Havoc fits quite well inside the Grand Pool room (and if he so chose to, inside the pool though he would take up much of it).  Havoc is a Huge-sized creature (one step up from Large-sized creatures like Powerpaw and ogres).  The Grand Pool room could fit a full-sized adult gold dragon in it, but probably not two.  Probably.  =)

WOOOO!!  8D  

Just the idea of going through two years of posts, fixing each individually, when I could instead be creating and RPing with my free time, made me shudder.  =)

The HTML will probably break the way BBcode did last time. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back